digitaltrends.com/gaming/developers-must-use-screenshots-steam/

Other urls found in this thread:

please
store.steampowered.com/app/245430/
archive.is/NovYo
steamcharts.com/app/275850
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares?

ridiculous. gamers are not entitle to see how the product actually looks like, when you buy a game your buying an idea not a product.

Good for them

A lot of people. You don't but nobody said you had too fam

OK what the hell is up with Valve, they've gone full Schizo. They've done a lot of shit but it seems to swing back and forth between pro-consumer (this, for instance) and anti-consumer (>paid mods)

Anything that keeps (((publishers))) in check is good.

Hi Richard (((Goldenburg)))

imagine if consoles had to promote their games with in game screens

LMAO

It's not about pro-consumer or anti-consumer. It's about making money. Paid mods are anti-consumer and make them money. This does not necessarily make them more money, but it is pro-consumer and costs them no money, which allows them to sell themselves as pro-consumer and make more money in that way.

any butthurt devs speaking out against it yet?

This is good, and what I love about this that nearly every outlet writing about this has a Nu Male's Sky bullshot as their picture

please use archive.is/articles/game-demos-can-hurt-sales-suggests-research/1100-6410863/

Well it's backed primarily by interest in making money. They want to do something about the endless refunds they received with games like NMS. So this is one way to go about doing that.

Would if it wasn't fucked up at the moment you kike of an admin.

well yes, if people know that what they're going to buy is crap, they won't buy it.

If your game is actually good though, a demo will make it sell better. Doom had a good demo, for instance.

= Making up bullshit lies.

Anyone who thinks like this deserves to get the Chinese knock-off version of everything in life.

BETTER YET, A SCRRENSHOT WITH THE SYSTEM RUNnING IT AND THE FRAMERATE

if turns out to be lies you can sue them

NNNOOOOBOODDDYYYY GGIIVVEESSS AAAA SSHHHIIITTTT

valve are a bag of dicks and this makes nothing to redeem them

kek

What's the Chinese knock-off version of China?

Well sure, if you make a shit game people won't buy it.

Every time.

reminder that if you are a european and you buy games on steam you are batshit retarded, because:
dollar=/=euro

Speaking of screenshots on the steam store:
store.steampowered.com/app/245430/
When you see it

ObamaHarryPotterSonicChina2017.

It's made of styrofoam covered in plaster and will sink into the ocean once the first 20 chings chong their way onto it.

GoG and Steam aren't exactly rivals, there are some games you can even transfer between your steam and gog account.

If you don't care, just hide the thread.

I guarantee you some cunt on gamasutra is already whining about this.

OP is a fag, here is an archive link:

archive.is/NovYo

Yet a (((Gould))) is arguing with him.

Didn't work when I was trying to make it. It was down for a few hours.

holy shit

you're still a fag

Let me guess the devs in that article are whining that it's somehow our fault we don't want to buy bad games.

I think we need a 24 hour moratorium on talking shit about Valve. You don't have to say anything nice but for this they certainly deserve at least a day of respect. I can taste the kike tears right now, this is a serious blow to one of the biggest problems plaguing gaming at the moment.

Next they need to put a strict time limit on how long games can be "early access" to keep this boulder rolling over the toes of horseshit devs worldwide. Fucking Gaben, man.

Just think of money as information.

No they need to get rid of early access and sell complete products only. You wouldn't go to a car dealership and buy just the frame in the vain hope that maybe someone will come along and eventually finish building it.

Not yet. It'll take a lot to gain back good will from me after the paid mods shit.

No, user. They need to die.

Something to think about.

In 3 more years kids born when steam launched can legally drive

Name two other companies that have this rule. You can't which is why Valve needs to stay alive.

Both this and the paid mods thing, which admittedly was one of the worst ideas I have ever heard, took massive titanium balls to even consider making public. Whether or not their decisions are good has no bearing on the cold fact that Valve is the only videogame company with amy semblance of a backbone. If you wish death on them then we go right back to a world of devs who "yes massa" everything that game journos cry about and I don't want that. Vlave doesn't need to die, it needs to focus its bravado into positive things like this.

No, the Fat Bastard is beyond redemption and Steam needs to fuck off for good so the monopoly can fuck off as well.

Remember, there are three guarantees in life, Holla Forums. Death, taxes, and Valvedrones defending everything.

Pure coincidence.

It's just a (((coincidence)))

Babby's first buzzwords, good job. Don't you have a Kotaku article to finish, kiddo? Grown ups are talking business, take your feelings nack to your safespace.

This.
I get that they're trying to make the market more user friendly but they're doing it in a way where money is funneled in increasingly obtuse, less direct "pay money, get game" ways without really thinking things through in the least.

Not a fucking month ago they introduced PAID SPRAYS WITH LIMITED USE to csgo so how about you csgo fuck yourself.

This can be considered a pro-consumer thing, yet probably consumers are mad about it

Yet most will probably still use bullshots and get away with it.
Hell, that shit violates consumer rights in a multitude of countries yet Valve never gave a shit.
Only if another game fucks up as royaly as Every Womans Sky they'll move their collective ass and do something.

No they don't, just want to make as much money with as little effort as possible, TF2 showed them that they can get rich selling other peoples work from the workshop in their eyes mods were just the next logic step.
I'm not sure if they will attempt it again though even Valve isnt stupid enough to try the same failed shit twice, Bethesda though oh yeah they would try again.

Who

lol capitali- oops i mean le jews top kek stay distracted

user asked you a question though, why don't you answer that first before throwing a tantrum? What other company out there is actually doing shit like this? Valve are kikes, yes, but they are not the worst kikes out there.

But yes, you SHOULD finish that Kotaku article and take your meds. Yeah, I went there because you have feelings. Cry harder.

You can bet whatever crazy fuck is still defending No Man's Sky still will be upset about this because it would besmirch their Lord and Savior.

Samefag AND feelingsfag. Literally a submissive pussyboy

Crazy fucks do crazy things, wow.

Fuck steam, fuck Gabe. Now that they found a way to fuck developers over you go crawling back. Fuck you Holla Forums, have fun with your DRM.

It's not a monopoly. Steam has many competitors.

The competitors simply aren't as good.

Someone could spend all day arguing about the negative parts of steam and people can spend all day defending the good parts of steam.

Right now steam is the best and it is the biggest. When something better comes along, Steam will die like you want and you'll bitch about whatever comes next.

You're not wrong.
Rather than making a game, they'd like to make user-defined, user-made, user-valued content that people make and spend money on, while they get a cut.

In other words, the game industry has given them as big of a cut per year as they're going to get JUST cutting off the top of games… So now they're going for user content too, which is annoying them since users don't traditionally trade money for their work, they just trade credit and praise.

It's shill o'clock, man. These are the same people who want you to believe that nudoom is good. They'll fuck off once their feelings are hurt.

Take your meds.

Because they have one less way of fooling consumers?

I take them in an hour.

Yes just like reviews and refunds, this fucks with (bad) developers. This is a good thing.

It's just so fucking bizarre. If you like a game you can defend it despite acknowledging its faults. I love Fallout 1, but I'll be the first to say that the combat is complete shit, the interface is clunky, the bartering menu makes we want to kill myself and the game is unbalance, clearly favoring an AGI build coupled with the trifecta of small guns, science and speech.

A good game can and will have flaws, yet the NMS fanbase is basically a cult.

You having holohoax flashbacks again Goldstein?

This. Since Minecraft the concept has brought us alot of grief.
I thought that it would help smaller indies get their start, but it seems to have only lead to a litany of bad releases and anti-consumer attitude.
It really makes me appreciate the small devs who work out of garages to get their start.(pic related.)

What are the good competitors to Steam? GOG? I mean, yes, their DRM free stance is a positive, but their catalog is rather narrow and they too tend to get up to shady shit.

It's all fine and dandy to play the outraged faggot, but at least try to make a few points instead of hurling ad hominems at anyone that doesn't think Steam is the incarnation of Satan.

I want to cum on those eyebrows.

At least then they would match her hair.

That's a slippery slope right there. It's not Steam's fault their userbase is made up of imbeciles that keep falling for the same shitty scams time and again.

What game are you playing retard? Trading in that game is absolutely fine. The only thing 'wrong' is probably scrolling through items, but even then that takes a few seconds to run through.

Hotdamn imagine you shitpost so hard you end up in the fucking newspaper of another country
Im impressed

getting rid of early access does not follow policing their store.

how do you know what color my semen is?

nms has a fanbase? it got to 0 online players not too long ago

Wew. Who cares to be completely honest? This is long overdue, wonder what they will do about trailers such as cinematic trailers etc. Go look at the screenshots of tf2. They are almost a decade out of date. Wonder if valve will follow their own rules.

If it's not white go see a doctor immediately.

Nigger, give me your address so I can fucking punch you.

Nothing wrong? The interface has no sorting function, everything is in one massive fucking pile, caps are always on the bottom for some bizarre reason and you can only stack them up to 999 when moving them to the central part of the screen, instead of using a grid system they defaulted to an ungodly abortion where you have to scroll up and down all day, the interface underuses available space for no reason, etc.

It's shit.

There's apparently 519 top cucks in the game right now.

Valve doing something good for once? What the fuck is happening?

how do you check how many people is playing a game? i never knew

Fucking niggers. Only a bestial race such as them could come up with shit like the knockout "game" and flash mobs.

Go to the Community Hub.

Oh you just know companies are digging to try and find loopholes this instant.

steamcharts.com/app/275850

Not sure how accurate this is, on steams offical site it's not even in the top 100 most played games.

You can only do it if your uncle works at Steam.

Out of curiosity, why? I loved both.

AGI is good for combat but small guns + aiming for eyes + .223 Pistol makes combat pure ez mode regardless, INT is much more valuable in the long run due to the Skill Points boost you get every level.

Dude.

Haha well meme'd friend, here's your (You).

fuck off and kill yourself ya shitcunt

I already detailed its failings. It's shit for all the reasons modern interfaces aimed at consoles are shit. It doesn't use screen space efficiently, it does not feature a grid for items, you lack any ability to sort and filter your shit and it's a pain in the ass to scroll through it.

That's what I meant, there is little reason to spec up STR because it's really underpowered and you're gonna get a boost to it with the power armor anyway. AGI is by and large the superior combat stat.

Sure, but it's not like it is hard to hit the level cap, and if you tag science and speech you get the most experience anyway.

You can do the same with small guns though. Not that it's really an argument since it demands of the player to know their beforehand.

What else are you gonna waste the points on? Outside of combat skills there is little reason to bother with most of them besides speech and maybe first aid.

So game devs on suicide watch? Feels good.

It's funny to think about all the BS the games industry can get away with. If Amazon mislabeled products on their website they'd be ruined.

Gould is a Welsh name lad.

I don't really think it's all that important though. If you don't check out a few youtube review/gameplay videos before buying you only have yourself to blame.

2016 really is the year of the smug. I'm sure there are a bunch of cucks crying about this.

Found the (((Goldernburg)))

Yea I saw your post about the menu issues, I agree, I guess what I meant was "I enjoyed the bartering system" more.

I've actually never hit the cap in any of my playthroughs and I make it a point to do all sidequests. Does Science really affect EXP?

True, however I like to tag it since it's a skill that comes in use right from the get go. My usual trifecta for tags is small guns, lockpick and speech. You can get a shitload of caps and some good gear very only on if you know where to pick them from.

Your doing it wrong, the correct move is to pirate everything before you buy, you should never rely on the opinion of others the other person you should listen to is yourself.

I get what you are saying, but walking into a dark cave without a flashlight still makes you a fucking idiot. Consumers enable this shit by being stupid.

I never understand people who watch LP's/reviewers to learn shit, I always either pirate or look up some no commentary gameplay to see what it's like.

Funny, my country actually has a ton of rules on advertising. Especially commercials for kids.

Inb4 shitty devs put an artwork gallery ingame an only post screenshots from it on the store page

Today I bought a cappuccino at a coffee shop. I feel guilty because I could have used that money to buy an indie game instead.

I AM HEAVY WEAPONS GUY, TODAY GABEN HAS MADE ME PROUD!

Is that in OP's pic a bullshot?

BASED VALVE
SAVIOR OF VIDYA

One can only hope he dives into a rack of knives one day.

More than the other alternatives. Then again, I might be mixing up parts from Fallout 2, but I remember there are quite a few quests that allow you the most optimal outcome if you have specialized in Science.

Not that I mind, the developers of No Truce With the Furies made a great point when they said not every skill or stat needs to be equally featured in the game, but those that don't see use often should reward players with something truly unique for specializing in them when the time comes. I like the idea, especially when you figure that in most situations a doctor would get far more mileage out of his skills compared to a theoretical physicist.

Well, yeah, but the game still allows you to max it out pretty quickly if you know where to look for.

First step in the process is to view the game in action to get a general idea if it's even interesting to me to begin with. No point in wasting time on downloading something I know I won't like.

Huh. That's nice.
Valve have been complete assholes lately, ever since the paid mods. It's nice to see them do something right for once.
This is the Gay Ben I know.

Not everything on YouTube is ecelebs doing shitty game reviews.

Type "Cold Steel gameplay". You can trust videos with less than 150k views with no commentary. Those are not shills but just autists.

they also have improved their review system to exclude people that get the game from dev giveaways

They already did with ASSFAGGO0TS 2 I think.
There was some mod that had some modes monetized or something similar.

Nice bait. But for the sake of the argument how are the people acknowledging a pro-consumer change "crawling back"?

I was browsing steam right now and noticed ghost recon phantoms has promotional artwork instead of in game screenshots. I clicked their page and apparently ubisoft has their own customized game page. Since when is this allowed?

They already know NMS will probably impact sales so they are taking steps and precautions.

You faggots are fucking ridiculous, a company fucking you over is not doing it personally, they want shekels, a company doing you right is not them loving you, its so you will give you their shekels.

Which is fine because that's fucking commerce, it only gets fucked on the consumer side when faggots become loyal to brands or cucked by increasingly worse practices.

Take a screenshot of it, apparently it's not UK friendly.

Fucked if I know, I don't even know what that game is. It's not my problem to worry about either, all I'm saying is, every time Steam hammers a fraud dev's ass for being fraudulent motherfuckers, I get happy.

I rebought an Early Access game in the sale not realizing I'd bought it and refunded it previously, and even though I played it for like 2 or 3 hours, I filed a refund request figuring I probably wouldn't get it, and I did. Steam's pushing back against the Early Access scammers, because games that spend 2+ years in fucking alpha (not even just early access, but alpha state) is bullshit. The guy who made the game has probably made over $100,000, he could hire some professional help and get that shit completed. He doesn't. Not only that, but when I tried uploading some footage of the game on Youtube, I came across MULTIPLE copyright claimants. Everything in the game from the sound effects, to the ambient tracks, to the fucking in-game music is all STOLEN audio.

I think Steam has had enough of this just as much as we the players have, and I'm glad that Steam support was like "yeah, this is bullshit" and refunded my money, even though I was past the eligibility criteria for a refund.

People shit on steam all the time, but they provide better service than anyone else in the industry. Show me proof otherwise.

If its Ubi-soft its because they sell their games through steam but still require U-play.
So you can only play through their shitty DRM.

Should tell you how their finances are and how many people use it if they need to sell through Steam.

The values are exactly the same dumbass.

Are we in the Berenstein Universe now?

They don't have to, and there is no mention of any kind of punishment, so this is basicly a recommendation

They did it because a graph told them EA was hurting sales and consumer confidence so they laxed refund rules.
If it showed opposite it would be opposite, your fooling yourself if you think anyone in a company is thinking emotionally.

You're not that bright are you?

What the fuck are you doing here?

If you can use promotional artwork and menu screens then what's the fucking point of this? Valve changed nothing. I mean holy fuck, look a this page. Like I got redirected to a fucking website or something.

The only bear universe I care about is the "Burn Steam" universe because this isn't going to end in anything anyways. Big companies are just going to ignore it while Vidya Journos report it as they are doing right now.

Don't worry both of you belong right in.

I can't even open the page either, and I live in America. I had to look it up via Google, and when I tried to bring it up, it sent me to the store front page.

The People's Republic of China :^)

8/8 b8 m8

sauce?

Dude, control ya dick.

Can't find it

Can't help you there mate.

You got destroyed son.

This wasn't a rule before?

Color me surprised, the son of a (((german immigrant))) defends the scamming of stupid goyim.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

I think I know what's happening. I'm seeing it in the totalasscancer recommendation, but a page on the game wont come up because it doesn't exist, it's just a redirect to the page.

Since when is anyone allowed to do that?

It definitely was not. No Man's Sky and Empyrion are both games which use bullshots.

Because its U-PLAY, Ubisoft has their own even shittier version of Steam, which they also sell on STEAM, but you can't use it through STEAM but UPLAY.
The reason it isn't in some countries is because Uplay doesn't past consumer protection, neither does valve in some.

sssonic2

You people have a real ego don't you?
What argument? Preaching to a choir isn't an argument.

You're thinking too narrowly. Maybe it doesn't cost them money, maybe it doesn't directly make them more money, but I'd wager the move is related very much to the mass of refunds that have been going on since Steam was forced (forced, mind you, they never wanted to do it) to have refunds.

They're trying to prevent the loss of money by taking actions that benefit the consumer, which is exactly how a "free market economy" is supposed to work.

Because "reddit spacing" is a real argument, you hypocritical dipshit.

I really wonder if steam had to refund over a million with NMS. People were so mad. Man those forums were so hyped before launched and so crushed right after.

they removed some but they could remove more

I'd wager it might have something to do with the ASA taking a look into numales sky as well. If they find evidence of false advertising, I think the vendor may be liable to a fine also.

No ofcourse not but some countries have consumer laws that companies have to follow.

Steam refunds for example.

Every time.

They're just going to try harder to blur the lines between bullshot and in-game image. They're going to polish up all screenshots like mcdonalds burger commercials.

Yeah it was great. Such fun times watching all the broken hearts crying.

Better than what?

PS4, WiiU

America has similar laws that Steam is also in violation of.
However videogames is considered a childish industry which is why you only find failed businessmen in it.
As well as American Government wanting to cater to businesses to keep their economy going.

Does this mean trailers and concept art will stop lying to me?
Horray!

thats like calling Radiohead an "indie band"

Didn't "indie" become style of music as opposed to the literal meaning of independent?

Yeah videogames industry is shady as fuck. But nobody cares enough to sue.

The only time I saw the mainstream media care was when Microsoft tried to deny the RROD and not give people new consoles.

nothin' personnel kid
its just business :^)

Go back to cuckchan you faggot.

I feel like there should be a happy merchant edit for this

Of H'wat?

It (unfortunately) did. 'Indie' music is now just the type of trite shit to be played in an Urban Outfitters, or to have 3 chords on a shitty ukelele, while moans caked with 10+ reverb effects play in the background. I fucking hate it all.

Yeah that's how capitalism works bucko.
You as the consumer decide whether to give them money or not.
This isn't the case of course with Monopolies, but that isn't the case with vidya.
You just have braindead consumers, I blame them not the fucking company.
Who the fuck are you nigger? Are you telling me you wouldn't fuck scam normalfaggots with bad practices as long as they were fucking retarded enough to buy it?

As always, we were right.

Chill.

about time

No chill smh fam

Trainwreck of the decade.

Gould is not a jewish name.

Sure they'll use in-game screenshots.
After they run it with literal "E3 settings" on.

r.i.p Edd Gould

Never go full capitalist.

Does he not realize that all of those are very common practices. Hell, I think the toy commercial thing might actually be a law in America.

When people go the movies do they normally think?
No most poeple are cynical about everything however videogames as a new industry relatively, and filled with children, everything is the DA BEST EVA!!111

THEY WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG. THEY FUCKING DID CHANGE THE INDUSTRY WITH THEIR GAME BUT FOR THE WRONG REASONS TOP KEK

No, you're trolling. I'm done. Don't reproduce.

(Checked)

The only posts in this thread worth a damn. This isn't going to change a fucking thing.

Given stuff like pic related, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

North Korea

There is a chinese knockoff of EVERYTHING.

What they need to do is establish there there will be CONSEQUENCES. You break the rules, you kiss your space on the virtual shelf good-fucking-bye. Early Access devs languish for years making money on alpha builds, Kickstarter devs use keys to bribe votes, and Valve does nothing, or at best takes baby steps towards complying with the consumer protections that in many countries, they overtly fucking defy.

Get out pharisee your tricks won't work here.

You're actually right about this, companies are liable for those under their charge, and since Steam is essentially a conglomerate of developers selling their games, if one fucker makes a big enough mess (and not just one scummy guy selling about a thousand copies of nothing under the radar) then the company is liable to ALSO be sued for allowing it.

So they must take actions to remove liability from themselves.

make good games instead of whining, idiot.
Seriously, if you don't like using steam, fucking make your own game and sell it yourself, or go to GOG or some shit, whiner.

Basically. Whether demos gain or lose sales depends on if the game is good or not.

This. North Korea is a poor man's china, and that's saying a lot.

Chinese knock-off of Canada?

Canada is the chinese knock-off of Australia.

I'd have to say Sweden is a chinese knockoff of Canada, also.

Sweden is a knockoff of a knockoff, they seriously have chinese knockoffs of chinese knockoffs in China.

Vidya is still nightmarishly terrible this year.

You could also say Vancouver is a chinese knock-off of the rest of Canada.

So everyone here is celebretaing this move from valve.

But which games are even affected by this?
Where was any bullshot or fake trailers on steam?

They are most of the time on youtube or in any pc magazine/website.
So what is this even really changing?
Does someone have an example?

This is nice and all, but is it actually going to be put into effect and will we actually see differences in store pages?

wut

top fucking kek. the people are are against paid mods are economics-illiterate entitled spoiled children. they end up with less mods as modders take up the first job offer they get instead of making mods while being sustained with paid mods money.

topkek

faggots, aka Holla Forums

Hopefully it'll make sifting through the store easier

damn youre cool

haha I'm screen capping this one, here's another funny reaction image

at least learn to act before you shoot shit like this jesus

Paid mods were all Bethesda, at least that's what I like to think.

epic reaction I love your opinion :D

Don't make me suck your dick faggot

Sup ribbit

Nice argument

dont bother with these people, objective thinking is difficult to comprehend when you barely learned to breathe with your mouth

You had to learn to do that?

You talk as if Steam wasn't infested with SJWs.

Modding was always mostly a hobby, the only mods people used to pay for back in the day were total conversion "mods" (Half-Life, Hexen, etc) which were so far developed that they basically just games made in the same engine as another game rather than mods.
Paid mods were a bad idea for far more reasons than just "I have to pay for it now :^(".
The modders themselves got a tiny cut, less than one third. Many mods are stolen/reuploaded from other sites/use assets from other mods. Many mods would run into copyright issues. Many mods were made by two or more people but were only credited to one account.
When it came to these issues Valve either didn't fully address them or outright ignored them. There could have been a right way to do this, but Valve dropped the ball hardcore. They never even announced they were going to do this, either. They kept it under wraps and suddenly unveiled it.

"Not an argument" isn't an argument either, Stefan.

The toy stop motion is one thing, but the frozen food? The big mac? That's all legitimate misleading.

If a truck has problems running in the desert, it isn't a very good truck.

You're right, it wasn't an argument, he was mocking you.

Probably contains one to many assault spoons.

Capitalism and communism are 2 sides of the same shekel.

Good, i'm fucking sick of watching game trailers that show exactly 0 gameplay.

modding should be done for love not for money

Not only would quality of mods drop but the barrier to entry would go up too. Try again.

It would though. Think of how many impressionable young 13-18 yr faggots there are. How many of them made a shitty YT or stream and tried to monetize it because their favorite eceleb did it? How many of them think that they could make a quick buck by changing variables and being an elite hacker?

There would be a huge spike in shitty, low quality mods, but you'd see more. However, by monetizing them you'll see a sharp drop in the number of downloads in general. Its kind of like what indies did to the vidya free market when they flooded Steam with shovelware.

There is a fixed pool of income from paid mods no matter how many mods there are. You have X players, X% of them will pay for a mod, its that simple. If the company wanted to take every penny they would charge a one time $10 publishing fee

Plus there's the whole bullshit about them pretending it was for the modders' benefit.

If it were really being done with them in mind they would have mirrored the Nexus's donation system. Hell, they already have something like that in place for Team Fortress 2 where you can buy a stamp from community made maps, and the map-makers get a cut of that (No idea how large a cut though), and there's a hat that is affected by the acquisition of these stamps, so the player gets to feel good about supporting content creation, and they get something nice on a hat.

If they didn't want it to be a donation system and insisted on paywalling shit, they could still have held true to the stated "is fur da moderz" purpose by giving them the lion's share of the profits. 10% to Valve for hosting, 10% to Bethesda because otherwise they wouldn't let that shit fly, and 80% to the actual people who did the fucking work. Not the 25% they were getting.

It's kind of funny to note not even Valve are doing this properly.

Team Fortress 2, Dota 2 and Portal 2 still uses cinematics for it's first trailers in the Steam store page.

Half Life 2 Episode Two's trailer still shows off a scene with Alyx dangling from a metal pipe that was cut from the actual game.

The trash is you, user

Wow bro you're really enlightened

It is for future releases

That one is real 100% , still remember that event in game
Find another reason to shill against w3

Paid mods reduce the mod pool, reducing mod count and diversity, reducing derivitive works, reducing improvement over time. It's like US patent cancer.

Then there is the fact that modding is a hobby that people can actually put on their resume. And considering people already work for free building portfolios and doing internships, what's the difference?

Nigger you know nothing about economics. Go back to tumblr faggot.

You breathe through your mouth instead of your nose and have the nerve call other people stupid?

This new rule is about screenshots, not trailers.

INDEED IT IS NOT, TAU'RI! SUBMIT TO THE WILL OF SOCJUS!

What difference should that make?

It's basically saying it's not ok to do this with images but a-ok to do it with videos.

Yes. And thus they are doing it "properly" unlike what your post stated.

Oh god no.

No, doing it properly would mean not upholding a system which is riddled with loopholes and double standards. (resulting in shit like )

Otherwise I would have said they aren't following their own policy, which they technically are.