EA Quarterly reports in, company is in the Red and not making profits, its tumbling down

EA Quarterly reports in, company is in the Red and not making profits, its tumbling down

files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/3136466575x0x914901/B39AAAA5-BE91-405B-81DE-94D901126813/Q2_FY17_Earnings_Release.pdf

TL:DR "c-competitions strong this year, m-maybe we havent predicted big sellers well!"

They monster is finally dying, i guess pretending to be the defender of poor defenceless gay people wasnt working, thank fuck for normalfags no longer buying season passes.

So what happened to battlekangs being supposedly a big success n shieet ? Is it not counted in this period ?

"m-more players than bf4, b-b-but we cant say how much!"

Their stock is in freefall.

As long as they have their sport division with Madden and Fifa I doubt that they'll ever really die.
Before that they'll downsize to whatever they call Bioware and sports.

how many faggots are playing that game? last time someone checked the numbers for battelfront

if I was a shareholder I'd ask for whoever made projections and whoever is in charge of metrics to be fired. they can't just refuse to tell their shareholders vital information.

You speak only truths Patrick.

I don't understand the lingo in the doc. Could somebody tell me the how much in the red they are?

They are even declining to say how big the predicted losses are saying 'w-we only predict 3 months later now!'

Call me when they actually announce when they are closing doors.

They will fire a bunch of cannon fodder and call it a day.

man that's so fucked, isn't it a publicly listed company? that shit is illegal.

Sportsfags have always been a giant cancer.

They can very easily end up like any of the other, once big, publishers now clinging to life by a thread. And the real kicker is that there really isn't anyone out there that can replace them.

Ubisoft is in their own little sea of shit and Activision can only make Call of Duty games nowadays. Not that even that is helping them seeing how people are getting tired of them.

I hate many things.

It's actually EA
BIG

so does that mean niggerfield 1 didn't sell as well as they thought it would?

Activision is doing well, Blizzard just proved that they can still market a game to tremedous success (Overwatch) and Destiny has done very well and will probably continue to do so when they release the sequel. And unlike EA they're not spending retarded amounts of money on failures.

Nothing in that document indicates they're in the red, you dumb fucking shit. Why are OPs who use red text always the biggest faggots?

(Checked)
Which one are they gonna rape next?

Activison plays it safe. Every CoD game has been a refinement of the formula without reinventing the wheel (they let EA do the trial and error stuff and then shamelessly copy what works), plus they avoid most of the bad publicity by not raping the IPs of other developers. Then again, I can't imagine Tony Hawk 5 sat well with people.

As for Blizzard, they are a mixed bag, they've kept on fucking up with WoW for years, Starcraft 2 is a dud, Diablo 3 is a marginal success and Overwatch seems to be popular more by a stroke of luck than inherent design. They've scraped by on past glory, but how long is that going to last?

Then again, as you say, they at least aren't EA, that after all this time still keeps trying to dethrone Call of Duty by producing inferior copies of it and turning every other game they have into Call of Duty.

Now that it's pretty clear BioWare is on their last leg and EA has basically zero IPs left anyone could give a shit about they are in deep trouble. It only remains to be seen whether their sport games and Star Wars shit will save them.

I think overwatch was a success due to marketing. Those cinematic trailers really got people talking(and regardless of what I feel about the actual game I enjoyed watching them) and then it has the diversity and the waifufag pandering cornered.

Well this weekend they are going to announce either Diablo 4 or a D2 remaster, either way its going to be another cash cow even if they raped the franchise in D3

I've been seeing EA, Nintendo, Sony, MS, etc. stock stalking threads for like 6 years now. Nothing ever changes, they never go away.

That might be true. I didn't really follow it too closely.

Only if they don't fuck it up, and they've already shown they are perfectly capable of ruining a done deal and destroying any chance it will make them shekels.

It'll suck ass and they'll tell us we're terrible people for not liking it.

That's not how it works, faggot

Don't underestimate human stupidity, those casual retards gonna buy it like it was a second coming of Christ.

Just see what happened with RoS, people thought that patch fixed all the game issues, when there were several others left like trading, making b.net less autistic, redesigning the talents in a way where you actually feel compelled to reroll characters and so on.

Nice trips, but to in order to get more shekels, Warcraft 4 is gonna be a MMORPG-RTS hybrid with Hearthstone built-in to placate gook-clickers and wowdrones at the same time!

checked

Warcraft 4? Gonna be released together with Shogo 2 and Deadly Premonition 2

A+

There is no fixing D3, it's broken on the most basic level. What I'm really mad about is that nobody in the industry seems capable of making a hack and slash with the same visceral feel to combat Diablo 2 had. I tried Titan Quest and Grim Dawn, as well as Torchlight, and none of them scratched that itch, the combat always feels floaty and none of the attacks have any weight behind them.

I can only hope

The closest that I got to it was PoE and Grim Dawn but still felt the same way, there is always something missing, combat feeling clunky or lack of crazy autistic item stats so you can come up with some retarded op ass build.

We went from Gothic fantasy gorey-combat of D2 to comic-book superhuman Nephilim bullshit in D3, the entire game was hyped marketing and fuck you blizzard and your console bullshit and always online fuckery, I WANT FUCKING MODS BACK.

At this point I want to see it happen just so I could laugh and have shitty about it like we did with Cisquisition.

this.
i really wouldnt have bought the game if not for the fact that all my friends fell for their marketing and peer pressured me into buying it

i certainly dont play it anymore, especially not after how they nerfed genji (im only great at being genji and tracer pre-patch)

Blizzcucks need to be gassed tbh

Probably not gonna happen, but I would like this very much.

I think part of the problem is the switch to 3D. Then again, the Souls games seem to be doing just fine.

Hence why they'll do everything in their power to sabotage them, or just monetize the whole thing. Mods are a direct threat to their bottom line these days, since games are so expensive they need to squeeze every penny from their userbase, and you can't be shitting out DLC and microtransactions when the community is churning out higher quality content for free.

not even never ever now, it just won't happen since swery left

You saw gawker die too, user. There is more than hope these days.

With modern Blizzard? Never gonna happen.

You deserve everything negative coming your way.

They fucking killed the mapping community in SC2 with that premium arcade fuckery where you gotta pay to play these sweet new custom maps!(paid maps before bethcucksda's paid mods) and no more LAN parties, fuck it.

Blizzard is as bad Bethesda nowadays.
Why the fuck do people here give two fucks about them?
The goddamn company is mostly composed of Activision executives and SJW cannon fodder codemonkeys at this point.
STOP GIVING MONEY TO BLIZZARD YOU RETARDED NIGGERS

but can 2016 even be better than it is?
I hope Deathwing is good too

haven't touched the game since the end of summer
but yes i do suppose i do deserve the negative shit coming my way

but hey, at least i didn't get peer pressured into buying niggerfield 1
that's gotta be worth something right?

Being European, I am really curious how shit will turn out.

You better not get your hopes up, these fags will be around until your death

as a slav, me too

Cant wait, all I need now is Endless Space 2 to be finished, Serious Sam 4 to be announced, PowerSlaveEX and GGXrdRevelator, KoFXIV and the Sega Ports where is it Sega?.
Also EDF5 release when?

So how much is hi-rez paying you, schlomo?

They make their profits around the holiday season, and operate at minor losses near the breakeven point in the other half of the year. These reports indicate that they expect to be profitable overall. You have no clue what you're talking about, OP. Don't talk about this kind of shit if you're incapable of actually understanding financial statements.

t. financefag

is this bait?

At least you're not Anthony Burch

Kill yourself Blizzcuck

Look guise a juice, prep the oven

trips confirm
it's really not that big of an achievement though.

Thats fantastic but hows this going to hold on during the Holiday Season Like black friday

because if little ppl buy EA during Christmas and Black Friday that'll be a big blow to them

The statements in the PDF project an annual profit (ending Q1 '17) of $1154 million. Drink some shotgun mouthwash before your disease spreads.

Wouldnt the Juice evaporate? and just leave a disgusting plastic smold in the oven?

Its "fellate a gun" you little kike

newspeak tier

Shotgun moutwash is nice too

There are lots of terms for it. Like "eating a bullet." You should try it. Especially since you seem to think that talking authoritatively about PDFs you can't actually read is a good idea.

Blizzard has typically done well because it's famous enough that whenever they do a new expansion there will be a legion of people that go out and try it. Both because they've played before and also because others have just heard about it through word of mouth.

Blizzard also does well at copying competition. Like with Legion which came out, they trimmed a massive number of abilities from the game, combining them where they could. The reason for this is likely because FF14 has done well. So now WoW has more voice acting included, more cut scenes, and fewer abilities used when playing, all things that FF14 tries to focus on. (The fewer abilities thing being a thing in FF14 so that they could fit them all on a controller for playing on a console)

They can probably continue this gravy train for years if FF11 is any indication. FF11 having been the most profitable game SE ever had, and rightfully so given the massive work put into it and how they just added on more and more content over time so that eventually it became such a monstrously large game that you could nearly always find something to do for end game (bit easier for them though since level cap would never increase except in past few years where they raised it to 99 then stopped).

But then MMOs have the benefit of people just enjoying being able to go back into the old world they spent so much time in which makes them pretty appealing for anyone that gets affected by nostalgia.

Yeah this makes me more sure that Blizzard was looking at FF14 with envy that they got an online game on consoles that has done as well as it has.

:^)

i hate to agree with a faggot as big as (you) but you do bring up a good point

How any company does on it's annual/quartely report is irrelevant to anyone except people that have actual money invested in it ;it may make a difference in the long run for the average Holla Forumsirgin in here but in the short run the industry is still fucked , there are no big innovations that will change the landscape in the forceable future and there are almost no promising titles on the horizon. Even if EA would go bust overnight, it's legacy of DLC , season passes and the murder&excecutions and nickel&dime practises it help to cement aren't going anywhere

You're probably right. One thing I've noticed about companies like Blizzard is that the more time passes the more people that made the company what it is they lose, only to replace them with untalented hacks, or the few faggots that remain drinking the koolaid and losing the magic touch.

You can already see it happening with Rockstar, how GTA Online has ruined them for good and every subsequent title of theirs will feature a heavily integrated and monetized online component to the detriment of the game at large.

Or Obsidian, every writer responsible for New Vegas is gone from the company and it shows, especially in Pillars of Eternity, and Tyranny is equally poised to become another mediocre, forgettable title no one will remember even existed in a year.

Blizzard too has been coasting by on creative fumes and their reputation for quality, not that they've made anything particularly noteworthy in over a decade.

Normalfags don't buy DLCs and never did. They get the physical base game, play it for a few hours and move on to the next AAA release. They simply don't care.
DLC and micro-transactions are only made for completionist autists (so-called "whales" or the Holla Forums audience) who make up only 2 % of the playerbase, but a much larger share of the revenue, because they are so mad, they buy that ME3 alternate ending for 30 dollars. This is the reason why you see autist simulators having the largest amount of DLC.
Without the additional whale revenue AAA games are simply not profitable and if they further rise the prices of the base game, normalfags stop buying them and go for cheaper competitor's games instead.

Looking over these statements, it looks like they actually make more on DLC than they do on all digital downloads of full games. As in, 2 or 3 times more. That's horrifying.

Fuck man, I miss the days when I could make a shitty joke and not be accused of "baiting" or "reddit".

I didn't accuse you of either. But you are illiterate.

The old WoW developer that talked about GG a bit on twitter actually talked a bit about this a while ago. He said Blizz would hire on a whole group to develop an expansion, then when the expansion was completed they'd let most people go. They'd then repeat the process whenever they wanted to work on a new expansion.

So they get entirely different groups working on each expansion with maybe a few higher ups that stay through from one to the next that may help give the game some vague sense of direction.

I'm actually playing Legion now and think it's pretty nice, but it is apparent that it feels really different from what WoW was originally.

The fact Blizz copies what successful games are doing is a major reason WoW hass been able to stay around the way it has.

Thinking about it, EA probably has been fantasizing that people would buy DLC haven't they?

It's an odd design choice to invest in making more DLC for a game that hardly anyone would want to buy since most people buy a disc for a game thinking that should be the complete game .

Makes it all seem a bit goofy since a lot more people would probably be happy buying an electronic version of these games that they could download to their console if the companies would just charge a bit less for it. Like I could see buying a new release of many games for maybe $20-$30. I remember doing that with Bayonetta 1/2, since I hadn't played the first one and then got to basically buy each of them for about $30.

The cost of selling games through retail stores, plus dealing with resales, really has to make it seem more reasonable for some of these people to just drop their prices already rather than bleed people for $60 a pop.

Well, there's Expeditions: Viking, Fallout 1.5, Fallout of Nevada is getting translated, Fallout: Frontier, Copper Dreams, Insomnia, the next game from the Age of Decadence developers, No Truce With The Furies, the Quest (an actually, honest to goodness not shit mobile game) got released on PC, Battle Brothers, Bannerlord, Kingdom Come and I'm likely forgetting a bunch more.

I think it has more to do with the sheer momentum of the thing. WoW was so big and popular that it just kept attracting an audience, its sheer mass popularity creating its own "gravity well" that took years to decay, despite Blizzard doing everything in their power to remove what made WoW so good and popular in the first place.

but no one mentioned baiting nor reddit

This isn't relevant but I thought it was funny.

it is, isn't the game f2p now?

Take a lead sleeping pill faggot.

By them saying nothing they've told you what's up. Company must be tanking hard and they're hushing it like the fact the economy is in a depression.

we should meme that EA is in the red more often and crash their market with no survivors

EA isn't going anywhere.

This. OP is fucking retarded, as are anons who can't read a simple financial statement prepared for idiots.

I don't know. I imagine it must be. Free isn't cheap enough though.

Good I'm glad Evil axis is losing HAIL AND KEK death to EA

Can you retards please stop saying a multi-billion dollar multinational company is dying every fucking time they spent their operating budgets? Its clickb8 levels at this point

i had honestly forgotten that game existed

The project lead already said that it will be neither. Keep up.

It's a new project and its just starting. No announcement about anything at all.

I love when me-made webms live on

Gawker didn't die. I knew that some big corporation would buy them out.
Gawker as in the site shut down as Univision didn't want the name to be well known due to bad reputation, but Gawker Media is still active.

CHROMATIC ABERRATION FACE RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No. That's just some rumor bullshit on Holla Forums. This game is going F2P, no doubt, but not any time soon. Maybe a relaunch in 2017.

he leads in polls, im scared thats part of plan for establishment

his favorite daugther converted and married a jew. let that sink in user

Remember sons this was just part of shifting the overton window, Trump was never going to be an immediate victory.

i know all of that, but Hillary is straight up evil bitch so that makes him even with all that baggage a bit better option

I can only hope so. Part of me still doesnt believe that he is in bed with the establishment, and all that is just a part of 4d chess masterplan

Its just a matter of which will be the least painful choice I guess.

I'll always remember you EA the way you were when I was a kid, Electronic Arts, supplier of Dark Omen. ;_;

also
You're the cancer here

I've seen that pic a few times now, am I right in thinking someone has chopped her legs off and shooped them back on to look disproportionately massive?

Also plz die soon EA.

they just shoop'd out her torso from below boob to waist.

Maybe if they pander even more to non-gamers they can turn a profit.

Thanks for fixing my brain.

Apparently Titanfail 2 is doing shit numbers. Supposedly it's selling less than the original did.

Considering how many movies pandering to non-core demographics have bombed in the past two years I doubt the vidya industry will have any more luck in that regard.

I wish they'd quarantine that shit to products specifically aimed at tumblr so we could all be spergs in peace.

You fucking turbo faggot. It's obvious you can't
FUCKING READ ENGLISH
EA is up in every metric compared to how they were doing last year.
THIS IS NOW A DUBS THREAD BECAUSE OP WAS A FUCKING NIGGER AND DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO READ AN EARNINGS REPORT

only joy left for me in this world is seeing libruls in panic mode

This is for September though.
Wait until they release the data that includes Christmas sales, then we can celebrate the start of EA's bleed-out.

Is/Was there anything wrong with Titanfall 1?
no bully!

Please user, if trump wins webm this faggot's reaction

Why is anyone FOR an EU membership?
It seriously baffles me why people were so upset that the UK voted out.
Half the reason I voted out was to make those whining faggots whine some more.

because they are idiots who believe only way to live is with EU and ofc that money and riches comes from being EU not in ETTP or how is that shit Swiss and Norways is in

user it's too late, people rather just read OP's
BIG RED LETTERS
and believe them rather than look at facts
Rational discussion and basic human intelligence is gone from this board.

People like this will result in more racism because when they can't get their way line this they start taking away people's rights and freedoms. People losing their freedoms and rights and being told it's too help the black people and Muslims from being oppressed will just lead to everyone hating those groups.

EA failing is their own fault they actively do their very best to make everything they make completely unappealing. I was actually considering buying Titanfall 2 them EA announced a share of all their profits will go to diversity in video games. So I can't buy any of their shit.

this was likely to happen since Dragon Age.

Are you fags retarded or are you really believing OP?

They're not going to shut down but they're doing crappy now. EA is way too big to just close up shop if it gets really bad they'll become a smaller publisher close down some studios etc. If they do nothing but loose money they'll probably still be in business for another 5 years at least.

But they aren't, OP's link says everything is up compared to last year. Now quit replying to a shit thread that OP fucked up because he can't read.

Reminder that FIFA 96 for the Playstation supports 8 players on one console.

FIFA 2015 on the other hand, only has 4 player online, for last generation consoles. This is when 22 player online was available for the previous versions. What a great coincedence that the PS4 and Xbone versions have the 22 player online added back in.

PS1 and PS2 football games support 8 players on single console using dual multitap attachments. PS3 supports 7 players on one console(2-4 wired, 3-7 wireless). Xbox, 360: 4 players.

What I don't get is, why isn't there any football games with system link that lets you play 22 players locally?

Aside from it being a full priced online multiplayer shooter affected by EAs usual jewish malpractices?
I can't say as I never played it, people tell me it was a solid shooter but the whole titan thing was little more than a gimmick that was obviously intended to replace the perk system from Call of Duty. Plus it was next to impossible to find a game after a couple of weeks.

sweet

checked

no1 checking these dubs ?
heil'd

CRAAAAAASH YOU FUCKERS
BUUUURN IN THE NINE CIRCLES YOU ABANDONED

Replace the different factions with Zerg, Protoss and Terran and you'll see the problem Blizzard has in that regard.
Each of their games has a loreconstruct that is interchangable with any other of their series.
Overcuck might be an example, since, as far as I know, it doesn't have anything like an overarching storyline.

Too bad I can't figure out their ratios because I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around their many ways of reporting the same thing.

Pretty much nothing they spell out is any direct indication of how they are doing, what matters is their ratios. IIRC a few years ago Nintnedo had a quick ratio of over 1 which was mind blowing.

I thought wow movie was a financial success due to the gooks loving it so much?

Why does that gondola have arms?

Here user, have a better version.

Yakuza on PC would complete the circle

I'm a fucking idiot, I thought that was all of the companies that EA killed then I saw iD on there.

Not dying, just entering its second form.

Insomniac. EA will wait until their next two "experiments" after song of the deep push them well into the red because they can't find anyone to market or publish their stuff.

They didn't include BF1 and TF2 in this report since they just released. It's unfortunate to not know the real numbers. Maybe this dumbass company should have learned not to compete with itself by releasing 2 major shooters within a month of each other and their biggest competition. I mean, how do you fuck this up so god damn hard? Did they think they would take all of CoD's fans by forcing their shit out first? There was an interview by a higher up saying they have no idea who made the call to release Titanfall 2 when they did but when the decision was made no one was allowed to change it. Either this guy was completely full of horse shit or that is some of the most incompetent leadership in vidya ever.

Anyone have a new mega or DDL link? The old one died.

user, I tried playing that tonight and I could barely get above 15 FPS. Port is sloppy and shitty and Capcom cocked it up.

It's been 'tumbling down' for how many decades now?

When the shit did this happen?

gtfo

daily reminder anons bought battlekangs

It's been publicly known for months.

Don't know how I missed it then.

Absolutely disgusting

does EA Sports BIG still exist?