Why do casuals spend hundreds of hours playing trash like Overwatch or COD instead of playing a game with a high skill...

Why do casuals spend hundreds of hours playing trash like Overwatch or COD instead of playing a game with a high skill ceiling? That way their playing can be rewarded with the feeling of getting good at something and probably in a fraction of the time they wasted on trash.

same reason why people don't play anything more than 4key, the same reason why people prefer little to no "input heavy / memorization" fighting games, the same exact retard reason why people prefer 5v5 "rts but not really" games

it's all about that
EASY TO PLAY, HARD TO MASTER DESIGN THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE

Strangely DOTA like games are harder to get into than RTS. RTS have the higher skill ceiling but most first timers could easily beat a star craft campaign.

>multiple items most of them are worthless on certain heroes
its still trash but the new CRAPCUNTS are taking over ASSFAGGOTS since most people know how shooters work

Overwatch clones combine assfaggots and FPS but take away all the skill required for either genre.

Technically the Sniper from TF2 has a high skill ceiling. That doesn't mean the game's any good or feels very rewarding. Gud vidya is only as good as the community honestly. It's why I stopped playing multiplayer all-together and just play high skill SP games.

Games with a high skill ceiling probably don't interest the people who regularly play those games, or the genres associated with "high skill ceiling" don't interest them ie RTS or puzzle games. Plus the ones that do go for games explicitly to be da bes typically end up "git gud" memespouters in Dark Souls or Monster Hunter.

Stuff like Overwatch is more appealing to them because of this exactly idea, only the opposite way round. It's bright, colouful and makes lots of flashy effects at the press of a button. Why learn to master a game when you can walk into a room, hit Q and get free kills and get that gamey satisfaction without the time investment?

Paradoxically, they'll keep playing because of that feeling and spend more time on a low skill ceiling game. Not much you can do about it. Just play good games you like with your friends and hope for the best.

because the games you like don't interest casuals

If casuals played a multiplayer game where there was a skill ceiling higher than the top of Todd Howard's head, then they would become frustrated that they keep losing when they first start the game. You've got to keep the skill ceiling very low to make sure even a drooling retard that just started using computer two minutes ago can win, otherwise it's no fun for them- which leads to lost sales. As a jew, you need to make sure your product appeals to the largest number of people- not actually be any good. And of course the majority of people in the world are casuals. It's not about satisfaction from skill, it's about shallow brainless "fun" that "everyone can experience". It's the same game design concept of "accessibility" seen in mobile games- applied to arena shooters.

Big budget "hyped" releases will never be whatever it is you consider "high skill ceiling", so nobody will ever touch it.

not everyone plays to satisfy their ego mister point and click instant gratification

The same reason why you played so much minesweeper.

Minesweeper takes skill

Isn't it pretty much chance during the final moves though? The most skill involved is determining moves ahead of time which is why Chess is the better game :^).

The same reason I main Kirby in melee
It's more fun on an objective level.

Yes, but I wouldn't call it a high skill ceiling.

As someone who played a shitload of TF2, i'd say it's the feeling of accomplishing something as a part of a group. Didn't always happen, of course, but it was great to struggle to a win knowing you helped out.

Because trash only requires you to pick a top tier character or spend money on some overpriced DLC to automatically be in the top 1% of players, like most modern FPSs and most fighting games meanwhile high skill ceiling games require actual ability, rather than just picking something hightier.

fuck off retard go back to halfchan and have a cry about le casuals playing vidya you dont like you fucking neofaggot

you clearly give a shit about what I post

same reason you see a comic book movie, it's shit but it's run of the mil.

user talks shit, and yet you refuse to play any single one of those casual games to dominate people through your superior skill. What's wrong, don't want to end up being embarrassed? Saying you'd rather not play shit games or pay for them is not an excuse, you have normalfag friends you can use to try them. You do have friends, don't you, user?

Dumb casual doesn't even understand what makes casual trash bad.
Because casual trash doesn't have a high skill ceiling a good player CAN'T dominate less experienced players. Instead everyone is forced to be around equal and why ults let everyone get kills just by pressing Q.
On the other hand a good SF player could perfect a bad one 3 times in a row or a quake player can win 1v5 against new players.

Post games with high skill ceilings.

Another factor (compunded by the others) is that their friends (other casuals) are already playing those games, so they play to join them.

Skinnerboxing.

Actually not really, they don't have campaign but their multiplayer is much more accessible compared to RTS.
You only have game modes that you play with multiple people. There are people who play these games and never learn how to play them because they can rely on other team mates to carry them.

On top of taking out all the fun that was TF2.

Gee kid, I wonder why. Vidya is entertainment to me, not desperate measures to earn geek points (or worse, self respect).

They exist, have you ever played on one? They're garbage because the maps are way too small for 32 players. You can't flank effectively because every inch of the map is clogged with players at all times. You'd either have to make new map that are a hell of a lot bigger, or massively increase respawn times.

Because they rather spend time on reaching skill ceiling somewhere outside of video games.
At one point I quit fighting genre because it was either getting gud at it or quitting my job.
And fightans can't feed me, so now I only play video games for fun.

If you are going to waste hundreds of hours doing something why not try to get good at that something?
Not to make money you idiot but because being good at something is far more rewarding and fun.
It's like deciding to spend the next thousand hours either smacking pots together or learning an instrument.

Except most casuals have lack luster jobs that barely require a brain.

How come you think those games have a low skill ceiling?

But user, that means you should be able to dominate with the overpowered characters everytime, so why don't you give it a go? You'll clearly dominate them regardless, or are you just making up excuses for not being able to leave your safe space?

It's dumb to say things like this and not give decent example of would you would deem worthy to spend time on? Not to mention video games are used to waste time anyway. There are plenty of casual-tier games with high skill ceilings.

maybe you should have played in the open beta instead of buying a game you knew youd hate because you couldnt resist going with the crowd

You just answered your own question dumbass.

I'm willing to bet whoever coined "CRAPCUNTS" was a goon; it sounds like one of the insults they'd use.

BECAUSE ITS FUN OP, WHY DONT YOU LIKE FUN?
SHIT SOULLESS TIMESINKS WITH NO DEPTH ARE FUN!
FUCK YOU OP, ILL EAT SHITIF I WANT TO, DONT CRITICISE ME OVER THE INTERNET!!

Go back to playing Overwatch/Paladins, retard.

Pic is right though. In Quake there is only a few things you need to master, aiming, movement and map knowledge. In games like Overwatch you need to master, specific character quirks and skills, team composition, team cooperation, along with things like map knowledge and aiming. Being good at arena shooters like Quake solely relies on how well you do as a single player while in games like Overwatch it doesn't matter how well you do if you can't cooperate with your team and learn how to properly work together.

Did you even read my post? God you are idiotic.
Casual shit games are based more on luck than skill and because the skill floor and ceiling are so close together a good player isn't much better than a bad one.
Now go back to half chan.

Remember that Overwatch faggots are the biggest cancer on this board and need to go back to reddit.

You don't have to master anything in Overwatch. It doesn't require skill.

If it weren't for the hot pockets protecting your shit game you casuals wouldn't even be here.

Jesus fucking Christ. The next step is to just make the game play itself.

effort

crying about not being able to carry was his entire argument. learn to read

No. It was that skill doesn't matter very much in a casual game.
Though you are right that you can't 1 v 5 people in Overwatch. In a good FPS like Quake a decent player definitely could.

I like how you autists don't get that overwatch is not just about pointing gun but also positioning and using your skills effectively and working with your team.

You act like you can literally just press Q and mow down the entire enemy team. Are you literally fuckin retarded?

Instead of crying about the game all the time how bout you go help someone move their couch for $50 and just buy the game, and stop being fuckin sour grapes.

So it's like league but even more casual. Everything you said is true for League of Legends but worse.

Also
I didn't realize this was neogaf.

Nice half chan term.

Well I don't expect any reasonable person to bitch about a game months after it releases, so I guess you're just retarded.

not that youd be able to do so in quake if matchmaking were working

Holla Forums shits on games that are older than a few month all the time. I see it is your first day here.

jesus, you really cant read

???

Makes you pretty pathetic, doesn't it.

Not as pathetic as someone defending a bad game that was released months ago.

alright, i see you dont really have a point you want to make to make and are just desperately shitposting

its like 92% rng

well shitlock could it possibly be because they're fucking casuals?

I wanted to ask why people play badly designed games that take no skill.
I got a few answers before you drones got butthurt.
What point are you trying to make?

that's not got anything to do with luck

that's not of any relation to the game mechanics or skill ceilings/floors

Ok but then why play for hundreds or thousands of hours?

Yes it does. How doesn't it?

the hitboxes are not proportional to the character models but are in no way random

If you spam an arrow without aiming and happen hit someone it is luck

You're really making up arbitrary rules to defend this shit?

that's not a random element in the game?

you can make chess moves at random and beat a grandmaster chess player, it doesn't mean chess has random elements or is luck based

Hitting someone without aiming is luck and not skill though and that is a lot of what Overwatch's combat is about.

that applies to literally any game with player input

how is that different from quake

Good luck trying to kill an experienced player in Quake like that.

Sonic Adventure 2. Not even joking. Mastering the physics to your advantage so you can control gravity falling off of slanted surfaces and the super bounce glitch takes a lot of patience to master. Speed running the sonic stages and shadow stages (If use action replay or mod it on the pc version so you can use the bounce bracelet) is so much damn fun like no one would believe.

Smaller hitboxes lower the chance of it you getting lucky with a shit. Every game has some bit of luck to it no matter what but in Overwatch it is a huge factor.

Except that was my point from the beginning. How did I move the goalpost? Why do you suck blizzard cock?

Playing Sonic Adventure 2 normally isn't even fun. Hell, playing Super Mario Sunshine/ SM64 isn't even fun to play normally. Playing games in a way that you turn glitches into gameplay mechanics can make a game infinitely more enjoyable.

followed by

regardless, rather than meta-argument bullshit ill get back to actually discussing the point

who would you expect to win out of a random pubbie who picks hanzo and shits up comp and someone who is actually good at games playing hanzo in a 1v1

So the fact that it is luck based still stamds

The guy who's actually good at games is expected to win, but both have an equal chance of winning because hanzo's arrow has the size of a fucking tree.

The thing is, Overwatch has characters that require no fucking skill at all, and characters that require a LITTLE BIT of aiming except when you press a button and then you just have to look at their general direction.

it's only luck based if you consider any game with player input to be luck based

Oh and there are no good Hanzos. You don't have to be good in order to hit the broadside of a barn.

The act of shooting an arrow and randomly getting a shot is 100% luck unlike shooting someone in quake which is almost all skill with the slight chance of a team mate getting in the way.

Also how many times have you played UT 4 and someone just happens to shoot you in the head without aiming? That has probably never happened to you. Sure there is a chance that someone just clicked at the right time by accident but the chances of that are extremely low.

Because casuals are simple minded caused by over consumption of media that anything they see that gets so much hype from media news sites something in their brain ticks making them believe that everything they see on the TV automatically becomes good and they HAVE too enjoy it.

The media is bad for you kids, it rots your brain. Do something that requires you not to watch ads.

Because "I play for fun" and "I play games to relax."

Remember when Cable was first introduced and its biggest advantage was that it had no ads? Imagine what a wonderful world we would be in if videogames didn;t spend 80% of their budget on advertising. Imagine if a game sold well because it was good and not because it had the best marketing team. That is what the world was going to look like until jews managed to convince retards to pay for TV AND watch ads. Same good goys are why people are willing to give Sony $10 a month to play the games they bought online.

Like fucking clockwork
THANKS MARK, NOW THEY'RE HERE AND WON'T GO BACK
THATS WHY YOU DONT MAKE HUGBOXES
NOW THEY THINK THEY'RE WELCOME HERE

no problem theres plenty of other places for you to go like reddit, halfchan, or the bottom of a lake

Go back to your hugbox

Gee OP I don't know

Nice hugbox.

'whooooooosh'

When did I ever say ban you fuck?
Go back to your circlejerk and metafag some more

im sorry you dont feel "coolsville" man, i like totally get it dude your style is being cramped so maybe you should have stayed in your nest where its safe

Basically they don't want to try. They just want to win. Games with high skill ceilings are too hard for them to get into so they quit after a short while and go back to something easier. You might think they're just as capable at getting good as you are but that is not the case.

pic related.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/tumblr/
Get >>>/out/

So go sign up for some esports championships and win that sweet, sweet autism dosh.

All of you should start your own teams for these casual games and wreck everyones faces in tournaments for money. Then when you give your acceptance speeches you can talk about how shit the game is.

Retard please

WEW
Its time to go back

Wish Mark would get replaced with a better mod, something along the lines of Holla Forums and Holla Forums. Keeping it strictly videogames, without cherrypicking what stays and what doesn't. If something gets oversaturated, then he would keep it in one thread without devolving into autism. Plain and simple.

people don't want to get good, they want to feel good

Deep.

No, people just dont want to learn outside their designated areas.

this entire thread is off topic, you werent saging before so the only explanation is that youre absolutely furious
a real class act

Learn what exactly? How to speedrun SA2?

Feel good = Comfortable

Outside their designated areas = Uncomfortable

Remember, faux-nerdmies are actually shallow assholes that don't have much depth, nor the attention span to focus on good mechanics.

Who said that? In fact you get banned for criticizing it.

It's literally a hugbox where you can get banned for disagreeing with the hot pockets.

I'd rather call it a paranoid shithole, they are ADAMANT AS FUCK on any opposition. I remember the mods banning people because pence was being called out for siding with the kikes and all sorts of shit.

It saddens me that no matter where I go, the majority of a site will always be one sided to one evil or another, Maybe it's a necessary evil, what do I know.

Mark's a right cunt, he is.

Still better than Mark, I guess. But that's mostly for consistency.

I can't speak for Holla Forums, but current Holla Forums is a fucking mess that is so dedicated to the hugbox it can't even discern a joke.

Also "keeping it strictly videogames" isn't even a related issue. It's fostering hugboxes.
Of course there's an assortment of problems with Mark and the moderation and multiple traits that would go into a far better team, but keeping things specific to the issue will keep the thread from going even further off the handle

see

its laziness and agenda pushing

That's why only a few teams win every tournament. Scared casual pussy.

#TrustNoBitch

What logic is this?
Because most people aren't willing to play a casual game competitively and spend all that time making no money.

This is the worst argument. Every casual game has a Esports team now. COD is more hardcore and they have one too.

It isn't.
As it is there are two ways we'll get a better site.

We get extremely lucky and someone highly competent and fair comes along with the funds to support a site of our liking
or
Some development comes around that makes it much less costly to run a performant site which makes it more likely someone competent will manage one.

Check the posts again you retarded nigger.
Only my posts telling you to go back to whete you come from have the tag.
Kill yourself cuckchanner scum

Learn new mechanics and new genres
Why do you think the best selling games are skinnerbox yearly garbage?
These fags just want something to talk about with their friends after their 9 to 5.

Fair enough

Nigger this shit is on TV and its the biggest casual pieces of shit they can find because thats what people watch on Twitch and what they know because its marketed/peer preassured upon.
You cant make a solid argument

Just like Mark banning any dissent on Overcuck generals.

You'd think so, but it's true. They just don't have it in them to play something that actually requires gitting gud.
Something about em, in the face of adversity they just play something else instead.

Just anecdotally too, I don't know about you, but I've noticed that IRL most people like this tend to be focused on multiplayer games.
The fact that gitting gud in a single player game means you can't rely on anybody else probably has something to do with it.

Because they're normalfags who just play video games to kill time or to have fun not to "git gud". Getting good isn't their way of self-fulfillment and video games aren't their main way of feeling "rewarded".
Everyone has their own way of feeling "rewarded". Some people want to feel good by getting good at video games for bragging rights. Some collect ancient obscure vidya. Some people build up a collection of weebshit figures.

I feel good by making shit like drawings and shitty 3d animations. In terms of video games, just a successful campaign in Vicky 2 or finishing something like Seinarukana's enough for me.

OP, when people play video games, it's not always to "git gud" or to "be great at it". Most of the time, it's just to have fun. Not everyone has grand visions of being great at video games.

right, because youre a furious downvoting redditor, and now your strategy is to reply to 4 people at once so you dont have to look like a newfag with your downvoting. do you think youre clever?

What does it matter to me what the fags are talking about around the watercooler? And what's the matter with having a dam of casualshit vidya keeping the tide of shitty players from other genres?

Are you underage?

It matters because every game tried to be Call of Duty for a while and modern AAA tries to pander to these retards with any franchise they put theit hands on, so a good game with a decent budget is hard to come by.

well that confirms that you arent from around here and youre just taking shifts

What good is playing vidya if you aren't gitting gud?

Are you retarded and underage?

you might as well throw on a tripcode

Mind numbing rollercoaster rides to waste your lifetime.

I'm not following. So you're upset that the people buying video games are getting more video games made for them?

I knew Overcucks Blizzdrones were retarded, but this is on another level.
What the fuck am I reading?
What are you on about you autistic minge?

More videogames for them means less videogames for you.
Do you need a chart?
A drawing maybe?

I just don't get it. Putting quotes around a feeling of rewarded and claiming gitting gud is for bragging rights.
The examples he provided of "feeling good" also require a lot of work, so it's not like the guy is averse to working on something for a reward. But with vidya it's just
As if there's something wrong with wanting your hobby to challenge you.

To have some fun, user. This is like saying "What's the point of playing basketball if you don't want to play in the NBA?" or "What's the point of doing gymnastics if you don't aim for the Olympics."

Video games are for fun. How they have fun is different, though. Some people like the struggle of beating a hard boss or beating the time on a level. Some people just want to pull a trigger and see flashy lights.

I wish people were more daring instead of being controlled by corporate jews who only care about money.

Theres progress ingame and progress IRL (getting good, mastering the gameplay meachanics the game/devs present you).
The best games usually merge both, casualshit games generally only have the first, especially thanks to CoD4/MW2.

MW2 however was the real cancer, its weapon balance and level design are still used today so that anyone, even slackjawed retards could feel like they are good at the game.

Except not?
You're not exactly climbing mount olympus when you strive for a perfect run of a game. Fucking anybody can like, clear an old arcade game on one credit, or get an S rank in an action game. Or at the very least get better at a hard game. All it takes is some level of work.

I take it you're the latter?

Whats the point of playing a competitive game if you dont give out your best?
Whats the fun in that?
Whats the point of dragging along the sidelines of a game of basketball?
Whats the point of gymsnastic if you just stretch?
How is that fun in any way?

I'm somewhere in the middle. Most of the shit I play are Grand Strategies nowadays and the last time I wanted to git gud at something was back when I still played Planetside 2 regularly to fuck with a bunch of circlejerking faggots who think they're hot shit.

You can give your all without having the desire to be really proficient at something. But good point. Fuck. You got me on that one, you fuck.

It would help, yes. I'm confused as to why you want to be the primary demographic of companies like Activison and EA? You're complaining that the casuals get to eat more shit than you do. Will video game publishers suddenly not be awful if casuals stopped liking Overwatch? Why do you want AAA quality for video games you like when you know the end result is it succumbing to the casualization of the genre? It's pretty optimistic to assume that video games as a whole would suddenly improve if casuals were gone.

When people are daring, they get pic related. And when they get pic related, they have to shut down their studio.

You're either retarded or underage, the reason for the year 2007 being mentioned isnt arbitrary you know?

this is why

Casualization is a symptom of the market and general audience being casuals.
If people who like challenge and compelling deep vidya become the larger audience, then video game companies would have to cater to the larger audience or risk closing down because no-one's gonna buy their casual garbage.

Ive seen this IRL

when i read it in the chat i felt a despair more extreme than when my grandfather died
these people exist in this world

The fun of a videogame (for non idiots) is the feeling of getting better at something though.

Well, shit. Can't argue with those trips.

Not just it, but its the main purpose
Its always been the main purpose since Pong and Arcades.

But why?

Even when given the option, people will prefer not to go the route of most resistance. Now, I haven't bought many games in the past 10 or so years besides the Souls series, so I admit I don't know what's going on in the market right now. But as far as I remember, people were flying over entire levels in Kirby and picking easy mode in Devil May Cry, so I don't see casuals doing easy shit as an unprecedented phenomenon.

If you want to be challenged, why not take up an actual hobby, like art? Vidya is junk food for the fingers.

Im not defending them nigger
They've always been zhit, they were less shit before because they pandered to people who actually played videogames most of the times when they weren't too busy trying to get a larger audience.

How dare people play games for good feelings?
We should all be like you and play games because you hate them and make you feel bad.

Dunno user. It's almost as if casuals care very little about vidya.

They're right
Git gud at life and get a high paying job. Small expenses like a game DLC won't bother you too much then

People actually want to be pandered to by companies now. What I see is that you're mad that the people less passionate about video games get more out of it(whether it be entertainment or financial value) than you do. Vidya will never stop being empty for you now that you've reached this point, and taking toys away from the people enjoying them isn't going to bring the magic back for you.

Why shouldn't he be mad that shit vidya is being made but not good ones?

Your autism is palpable.

Because good vidyas are still being made, they're just not made by AAA companies. Is that a dealbreaker? Half these responses are people being assblasted that companies like EA aren't making games for them. I would've thought that'd be a good thing. Are you just burning with envy that casualshits have the luxury of Activision shitting in their mouth and you don't?

literally the definition of a normalfag response.

I would literally rather have autism than be a shit like you.

Too bad the FPS genre was destroyed by casuals and most other genres.

Oh, but I'm the one who's worse off for being a "normalfag". Well, excuse me while I make my "unprincipled" expenses that you can't afford, I'm too busy having fun and making money to care

Why is it that this is always the only "argument" casuals and shills have in defending their shit game?

see

Can't say I can mourn alongside you. You're pretty safe to move on, I think. Reading, maybe?

This

You know the point of a rhetorical question is that you already know the answer OP.

Good job

Ad Hominem is not an argument

This is the hardcore Holla Forums user paradox
We are all tryhards here.

Fixed

The definition of casual is somebody who wants to play games but not master them or invest much time. They want to take their mind off their shitty day, not face another challenge or learn things.

Or join one of the many fucking tournaments out there.
There are like 10 anons ITT who claim to be as good or even better than you. You already have a team, and you are letting free money pass by.

You know what they say, a fool and his (potential) money are soon departed. :^)

kys

But it's just a few minutes a day not to get rusty! The skill ceiling is so low you are already way past it, and you haven't even started playing the game. Furthermore, tournament matches are usually played outside of work hours (unless you have a weird shift), so I am not sure why should you quit your job. What are you trying to imply?

Thanks for proving my point, by the way. It's always the exact same shit. It's very easy to trigger your types.

Why would I waste time playing awful games to win pocket money?
Why would I waste time on games where the skill ceiling is so low that 50% of the time the game is won by pure chance?
Why would I waste time on a cancerous practise that would make me hate the industry even more and likely the hobby itself?

You waste a few hours a week at most, and you can win up to $250000 in some cases. Fuck, teams won $100000 in Overwatch just for managing to get to the tournament, if I recall correctly.
But there is no RNG in these games! Oh wait, you mean the hard skill ceiling and the fact that every player plays the same. Oh well, in that case, there are tournaments every month. Every month you get a small chance at winning, maybe even higher than you predicted considering the lowest tiers are not at the hard skill ceiling, unlike you. It's free money, and it's a no brainer.
Because it's free money? Or are you so much of a glorious conservative sibarite vidya-gourmet who would never touch any of these games even for a million dollars? If that's the case, I admire your integrity but it does sound like you are making shit up to avoid embarrassing yourself after you realize stuff isn't as you think it is

But it's not "free money"

Just like every other team based FPS game, or even solo FPS games, except with less individual skill required so shitters can feel good about themselves.

It is.

I enjoy competitive games but I've grown fairly bored of online mutiplayer in most games. Worst case the game is full of cheaters/complete retards and their isn't much satisfaction in playing most of the time. Best case scenario you're near top of the ladder and you spend more time waiting for a game then playing the game.

Only solution is to play a game that won't be dead in 5 years, like Go or Riichi Mahjong

Because people like to play mindless games from time to time. Same reasons why theme park MMOs are popular.

3500 must be an easy rank for you to get then

All games have a high skill ceiling you retard.

Turn-based RPGs would like to have a word with you. As would walking simulators Oh wait, you said games

N-no, you would know if you actually played Quake like myself! What wins Quake games is bunnyhopping and rocket jumping, which take actual REAL skill.

Why else would you play games if not to satisfy your conscious self?

Where's your proof they have a low skill ceiling?

Overwatch, more like Ovarywatch.
heh… I'm funny.

u wot

PROMOTIONS FOR EVERYONE

.>Slow

Or it's asking why people spend thousands of hours on a game that can be mastered in only a dozen?
Why not play a game where even after a few hundred hours there is still stuff to learn?

I can make more money more consistently by getting a basic job

Please stop posting, you clearly don't know what a skill ceiling is, nevermind a low one.

Do explain.

skill ceiling is defined by the top players

And the top players of these games are trash at games with higher skill ceilings.

Video game design and mechanics is what determines skill ceiling.

Are you 12?
Holy shit

duh.

You have to go back.

Nah, you should. Instead of actually posting a valid response, you opted for the meme option.

Your underage is showing

Shit son, I bet you don't even get the subtle irony of posting that picture.

You're still here?

None of those things define a skill ceiling nor are most of them true. Hell, CoD doesn't have a cover based shooting mechanic and the hitboxes in OW were fixed MONTHS ago. Let me guess: games with low skill ceilings are just games you don't like

This guy gets it
inb4 proxy etc

Nice proxy Overcuck

Wew

Explain to me how to get better at The Walking Dead user. You really are retarded.

Also the hitboxes of OW were not fixed. You are bullshitting if you say they are.

It's not to know Overshills are willing to lie about their shit game to defend it.

It's like TF2 but more casual

Why can't Blizdrones just admit that OW is casual trash with no depth? A game can be fun and casual. Kirby is casual but fun for example.

Why do people watch family guy and judge joe brown?

Why can't you admit there aren't any Blizzdrones on the board?

Probably because most high skill games have much smaller playerbases and it feels more rewarding to be good at a game which lots of people actually play.

No shit. At least Overwatch doesn't have random crits and grants headshot bonuses for most attacks.

Read the thread and you will be proven wrong.

Why? As long as it has a decent player base why does it matter if a trash game is more popular? Any fighting game has a few hundred thousand players. Quake still has thousands too. Are you so much of a normalfag you can't like something unless its being played by literally millions of people?
The game is unbalanced as shit and Blizzard will balance the game based on what casuals cry about, not what is actually OP. Also it shows how casual the game is.
Instead of the player having to figure something out magically the game just tells them.
Tf2 takes far more skill and is a far deeper game even with RNG crit bullshit.

That's rich considering we're on a board filled with people who are shallow enough hate a game for that very reason. Cute of you to jump to that assumption though.

It's not a question of liking or disliking a game but a question of the reward for the effort put in which was what OP was talking about. And the bottom line is there is less reward for being good at a game which less people play. After all, what's more impressive, being the best at a game, meaning you've better than the thousands that play it, or being the best at a game, meaning you're better than the millions that play it?

RNG bullshit does much much more to casualise a game than audio tells do.

Here's the thing about multiplayer games, anything that's made easier for you also made easier for you opposition. So as long as it's consistent it just means where the challenge lies changes.

However RNG is but definition not consistent, so instead of changing where the challenge in the game lies, it introduces an element of luck to it instead.

No one hates OW for being popular or at least no one said they do.
By that shit logic you would rather be the best person at brushing his teeth because billions do it a day than the best baseball player because it's only played by millions. I would rather be good at something that takes a lot of skill so I could be proud of it instead of being the best at a random low skill thing. I personally knew someone who was the 11th best COD player in the world at the time but most of his skill came from knowing map spots and a general strategy. He wasn't very good at games that took real skill like quake so I was never that impressed with it.
No, it just goes away.
Poker is very random and takes more skill than overwatch.

You're very naive you think think Overwatch would get even a fraction of the hate it gets if it weren't for its popularity. One only needs to see how much Holla Forums's opinion of a previously obscure game changes once it becomes the next big thing to realise that a lot of people on this board does let popularity impact their judgement of a game.

You bet your ass I would. I can only begin to imagine the kind of shit I would be able to do with a toothbrush to qualify me as being better with one than everyone on the entire fucking planet. Baseball is boring as fuck anyway.

And if you tried to judge Poker as a shooter it would seemingly be the most casual shooter of all time due to having no shooting. But since neither you nor the opposition has to do shooting the challenge instead shifts to other areas of the game which matters. And if there was a way to remove the random chance in poker as to remove the realm to which a player comes out on top simply due to getting really lucky hands the game would become even more skill-based than it is.

also

Overwatch doesn't deserve a comparison to COD. It's bad for bringing moba elements to its design and its "play it safe and appeal to everyone" style, but it's certainly a more interesting and skill based game than fucking call of duty. Not a good one, especially as far as team shooters go, but not fucking COD either

People hate it because it is casual and shit. The reason they bring it up more than usual is because of the drones that defend it and the hot pocket who bans people he sees hating it.
Too bad Overwatch has nothing to replace the skill of shooting with.

That is someone saying to himself and people in earshot that the tele is up. That is different than someone saying to everyone that it is down on the server.

Except it isn't, (46)-kun

It's more casual than league or TF2 and those are both casual games
It's unbalanced and poorly designed

Nope
nope

Great argument shill.
Go back to the general.

About as good as every single one of your arguments
also
You're a sad, sad retard.

Nice butthurt downvotes.
Its casual because it has huge hitboxes, doesn't require good aiming and because it has MOBA style skills.
It's trash because of the hitboxes, bad balance and no content.
Keep droning.

Man the cancer never ends does it.