Can you remember the last time you went to a videogame review to hear about a game?

Can you remember the last time you went to a videogame review to hear about a game?

I think for me it was 'CUBE' magazine like 10 fucking years ago.

A few years ago to get some info about 3ds eshop games. You can't tell shit about these games on the shop. And those indie action games tend to almost always be too simple and too short. Had to hear how Someone felt about it.
Of course I went to youtube.

I would assume thats the norm but from what i've read youtube "influencers" views dont translate into sales at all and lot of companies are realising dumb kids dont follow embargos and by burning the old guard they have made a huge mistake, but i havent bought a magazine about games in years.

Nobody buys them anymore.
Isn't Game Informer the only one left? And they need gamestop to "sell" them by including the subscription with their rewards membership.

a Monster Hunter Tri review on some popular review/cheatcode/walkthrough site that i can't remember the name of. I stopped going because their layout got stupid and YouTube became a better source for reviews anyway because of gameplay videos.

The Newtype USA review of Makai Kingdom. I can't remember how long ago that was, but, holy shit, does it ever feel like forever ago.

NEVER EVER.

I dont give reviews salt anymore.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't love reading game magazines as a kid though.

Original Xbox magazine. I should do a before and after contrast between the staff of the xbox vs the 360, it's exactly as you'd expect.

Dude, your dog looks like it has downs syndrome.

if there's no buzz through the grapevine, it doesn't exist to me.
would read
i'd rather play it myself, and use reviews as a surrogate 'book club' discussion about the game.

That's a fucking capybara not a guinea pig

it had a demo disc for pic related in it.

Always wanted the game, never could find it on a shelf.

It's obviously a beaver you goddamn mongoloid

I thought it was a koala.

Good question, probably like EGM in 2003 or so. I can't recall specifically what game but maybe Crimson Skies.

It's labeled "capybara"

Why in the world would you expect dev interviews to be anything but hot bullshit? And why would buzz mean fucking anything but usual advertising shilling? I really hope you have decent taste to start with because that all sounds like a lot of problems you're setting yourself up for.

buzz from the right places, devs of games i like

I only watch pure gameplay videos and look up user reviews for the most common bugs the game might have before playing anything

looks more like a nutria rat

I went to the Escapist and TechRaptor for Mankind Divided. That's about it.

woah now, are you demanding game reviewers to do there job?

We're fast approaching the point where we'll need to start demanding they be capable of actually playing the game.

The Polygon staff are trailblazers in that regard.

Never ever

What kind of retarded mongoloid needs someone being paid to tell them what to think?

When the Xbox was still new, picking up Xbox magazines with demo discs from a market was pretty comfy.

What's that

3 days ago, there are still good reviewers out there if you can be bothered finding them.

However the last time I brought a game without pirating first is over 2 years ago.

Back in the 1990's games journalists were people that enjoyed and played games. Regularly, for extended periods of time. They would then mention its flaws and often get but on a blacklist for a few months by the studio but it rotated around magazines since only official magazines bowed directly to brands.

I know it sounds strange but they really did know how to play videogames like any normal videogames enthusiast.

Sadly they are almost all dead now. Only childminds like dan Rykert remain.

Nobody listened until it was too late.

some nintendoshit and segashit magazines from the 80s

That was more of a crips and bloods turfware for proto wiggers.

Vid related, best reviewer ever.

I think it was in 2013 or 2014, I was deciding whether to get United Offensive for the original CoD.

What exactly makes it good?
He makes no new points, everyone knows its not historically accurate and the doesn't talk about anything beyond that.
Pretty much just tells you if it looks fun to you then you should buy it right at the end.

Thats a terrible review.

Ian no.

just yesterday i was curious about a recent release, so I went to the GameFAQ forums and in thirty seconds I learned it was a buggy, unoptimized piece of shit.
Of course half the posts were calling the guy entitled, a whiner, etc., but he had posted a video that showed how shit the frame rate was and didn't really give a shit that they were trying to shill.

If I'm considering buying a game, I'll usually read some reviews in addition to looking at gameplay footage.

Shit, the last time I heard about a game from a review was the release of TWEWY.

It's a joke, I think the fact his PC doesn't meet minimum specs should give you an idea of how much he plays vidya.

Haven't been to any 'video game review' sites for about fifteen years now, since I'm not a faggot.

ever since youtube, written reviews and words mean next to nothing. i want to see video demonstrations of what is good or bad.
i suppose that counts as reviews though, when it is presented as such