jinteki.industries
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/issues
poal.me/5kepvz
poal.me/ngm5k4
poal.me/sjmabn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bunp?

I am about to advertise this server on reddit, No admins or active players anymore.

ded game ded server

SPESSMEN OVER

VALID = VERY YES

what happened? I leave for a few weeks due to college and the server dies again?

public was a mistake

it's cool i didn't want to play anyways I guess I'll just go do something else then.

Relax. This always happens. Next year, it'll pick back up. Then we'll get a shitty server again, and everyone will be pissed off, and tired of it.
Rinse and repeat.

That's a long time to wait faggot. Also I know you're being cheeky but SS13 isn't immortal. Eventually we'll run out of autists willing to host a server for us and we'll either be forced to play cancer servers to get our kick. Better to pick something we can all agree on and roll with it.

Honestly it would be pretty entertaining to see how some of the more degenerate server hosts handle a constant barrage of faggots from here enforcing their own rules and principles 24/7
Is it bad that I just want to see autistic degenerate faggots who think they're in charge get really really angry?

SS13 isn't immortal, but the people around here ain't going to die in one year. At least, not all of them.
Fact is, if we've got enough players to make Wurm a viable game, we've got enough players to make SS13 a viable game. People will remember it fondly in a year's time. Like always happens.

SS13 is one of those games where it never stays good. It has the highest ups, and the highest downs, with very little in between other than the occasional nothing happens bit. People get burnt out of that shit easy, as a result.
The administration usually being shitty or understaffed doesn't help. Either the server's too small to keep up, or the server's run by assholes.

We barely qualify to even make that statement and even then they still havn't fixed the texture bug for Laptop users. Which I'm struggling with Yes I know it's Bias but god damn it needs to be fixed

Games based purely on multiplayer tend to have that effect. What you're describing is a much more vague issue which I'm sure you understand.

Either way I'm sick of migrating servers. I don't mind the drama because it's natural but the community here needs to just establish what they want overall and make it clear already. I'm tired of pussyfooting this shit. Make a dialog, debate it and then hold it to a vote or something. At this point I don't care what decision is made just so long as I don't have to deal with faggots arguing over which decision is the best for the next 6 months.

I don't play this game often enough and I'm trying to get robust enough to start but god damn if the overall player mentality from vets isn't so far fucking gone that it's like dealing with a group of aliens

What, you genuinely think that's possible? I'd laugh if it wasn't such a sad thing all in all.
Fact is, at the end of it, only the guys hosting the server get to choose what we do or how we do it.
If they decide to be assholes, all we can do is start up a new server, and suffer as we've got a split community.

I'd love to see something run by the community like that as much as the next guy, but with any game run by whoever runs it, they're the only ones who gets to decide how the game goes. You only get to decide to play it or not.

In the mean time, for a lot of us, the taste has been ruined by the last lot, and all that's left is a rather bitter emptiness.
Same reason you're getting a lot of the veterans acting rougher than they used to be. People are getting burnt. In the old days, veterans would help teach people. Now, they play more out of habbit than fun.

Oh boy, and I never got added to the private one. Tits. I've been having an alright experience with /vg/ lately, they're at least not a bunch of overly sensitive baby girls, there's a handful of namefags though.

pastebin.com/FNgYH23a

This, actually.
People can protest all they want about anything and everything in a server.
But in the end, someone has to host it, pay for hosting, maintain the server, restart it when it dies and keep it afloat.
Someone has t oversee the herd of autists and make sure one doesn't ruin it for everyone else since you know that always ends up happening.
And someone has to do code, fix the bugs that are found and add new content to keep the game fresh.
Players are important to keep it going but so are Hosts, Admins and Coders, the people that a lot of people like to shit on.

The ironic thing is that the furfags over in Vorestation have more of a right to complain about their own server and try to change it then anyone else because they actually put the work to keep it run and code their degeneracy.
Lot's of people in Holla Forums liked to complain about this player or that admin or some new feature, but none of them ever coded anything new or proposed a different idea\decision to fix things except for terrible lazy ones like "remove all I don't like until there's nothing left".

It's not like this hasn't happened before, but the other servers lasted longer…

BYOND is shit tbh.

Not really no. More so I just want a decision made regardless. I don't really care about how the shit gets done already. If it takes consistent whining from everybody in the thread for the same thing however it's more likely to happen.

Don't take me the wrong way. Gitgud and company were nothing short of scum.
But, they were the scum in charge of our little server. All we could do was try to make a new one.

Wurm can be fun with the right people. The problem with it is it attracts a lot of controlling power hungry autists. That along with the dozen fucking server switches makes it far less than fun to play with Holla Forums.

Doesn't matter. You'll still have people in the thread complaining about that decision, questioning the authority of who made it. And since you can't say there's a majority of people in an anonymous community that agrees or decided on something… (and even then, that still wouldn't stop them)
You don't need even more people making decisions or standings, you need people fighting for them and as it stands, a lot of people played on the server but didn't bother to give feedback in the thread about how the game was nothing like the drama people complained about. You don't fight for something, you lose it.

And how did that went, champ?
Because acceptance and tolerance are two different things but a lot of Anons seem to confuse both together.
There are a lot of things in a server that some people are not gonna accept very well, but they can at least tolerate them and still play on the server, much like how coders might not accept how a part of a project was done but they'll tolerate it so at least everyone can work together.

Bunch of whiny low-tolerance faggots that are never happy unless they have 200% what they want, regardless of everyone else are what ruins the whole thing for everyone else. They actually think all other players have some hivemind or circlejerk where everyone apreciates everything in the game when it's actually just a collection of people that each dislikes a part of it but overall tolerate it so we can at least play together.

This is actually something they teach in Grown Up School, that you won't always like what you get but unless you learn to compromise, you're never going far.
And it's especially ironic when you consider the biggest whiners are usually the ones talking about "growing a thicker skin", yet when they are the ones that need to tolerate something they don't like, fuck no.

I grew restless without my daily dose of space man. I tried hippie a few times, but their hours are poorly situated on my schedule, I just can't manage it. So I visited a Russian station instead. It wasn't half bad and in fact, some of their players are fairly robust.

a.pomf.cat/nbcjlr.htm

is it possible to make a centipede bot which the AI can control?

Make a human centipede instead with surgery, cable coil and lots of braindead.

What kind of weak fucking faggot doesn't embrace the meme and suck on that brown pill.

ok guys listne
ok pls listen okw
what if we take ss13….
and put it into a MUD?
pls listne ok? gud ide?

You can make an entity that can move around and a certain amount of others that move to the previous location, yes.
Needs a bit of know-how to code but it's perfectly possible.

Wrong place to ask, now. SS13 has a lot of autists but surprisingly only a few of them acually know and like to code stuff. And they pissed off already, why do you think the server is dead?

benis

Thats a good joke

Sierra was revealed to be gitgud, he made the server public like he said he would before his previous server died, and, surprising precisely nobody, it fucked the server up to its death.

Post actual proof whenever anyone cares. I won't see it, i'll be playing other games instead of wallowing in your dramafaggotry.

Why does this game attract so much drama, holy fuck?
Every time I happen to click on this thread, there is drama.

Because some people are so retarded they don't know how to be around other people without ending up being so fucking obnoxious you end up having to kick them for the sake of everyone else.
Point is, they are too obnoxious to know they are that much obnoxious, so they still think you're wrong for kicking them out when nobody else enjoys their company (while being happy you did so because it shows they got to you, double standards are common place here)
So when they can't grief the server anymore, they do the next thing and grief if from the outside because Holla Forums has proved multiple times that you don't need to present proof for anything that you say, people will just accept it as long as it looks entertaining.

Case in point:
Yet another "This has been proven before to be true, so just accept it" that everyone will believe because why the fuck not?
Meanwhile the servers are nothing like that but it's too much effort to play videogames and see for yourself so might as well just accept it.

More like
Firestation is born and filled with a lot of banned players from Hate, once they are banned and the "fuck the system" hype goes down, player count goes down severely and their lack of a serious coder to fix their bugs (since they got a previous version of the code) keeps everyone else away.
Reminder that by the time of "bully and buyout", both playerbases combined already had left than Hate had before, it was dead before that.

Same thing happened with Newstation but even more shamefull. The first few days, it was full of yet another batch of faggots with the "fuck the establishment" attitude, but once that hype died down, off they went and the station died too.

Both cases, just rabble rousers joining whatever new station pops up because either it has a new ban list without their names or because it makes them feel like rebels, playing somewhere else far away from all the other badmins, without actually having to put the effort into hosting on their own.
Once the novelty wears off, they stop playing because "sticking it to the man" was more important than spessmen to them, and whoever made a new station just to pander to those idiots, got precisely the demographic it deserved and pandered too.

To this day, the biggest mystery of SS13 is still "why do some people host stations for the kind of players that can't play with other human beings, can't make the place better and won't even stay for longer than a week?"

Kill yourself, Gitgud.

Here's the proof, right on schedule too!

So whenever a server for this shit game pops out it's from this one extremely autistic retard?

You mean its BYOND shit :^)

this imo tbqh fam

No, but this one extremely autistic retard can't fuck off and constantly remakes servers in an attempt to feel in control, so chances are that it is, even though it's not guaranteed.

This is the saddest server I think I've ever seen
I'm ashamed to share a board with you faggots

why dont you just play on it?

Funny, because every major Holla Forums board owner is behaves almost identically to gitgud.

If I wanted to play by myself I would choose one of the many other dead pub servers that actually have interesting shit to explore

Your boogeyman has no power
If any of you faggots felt like hosting a server, you could do it, and it would be just as good if not better

Anybody from the very, very first server iteration still around? Way back when the thread discussed and decided the first ruleset

What happened after the original host handed the server over because the computer the server ran on couldn't handle the amount of players?

He basically got a job or something and couldn't keep hosting the server, i think he quit 8ch altogether after that, nobody could contact him and his account has been dead since then.

by the way fuck bokubonsai, i still remember that doubleshotgun slipping on departures you fag

lmao, completely forgot about that faggot

CARGO SHORTS

Since there isn't a better place to ask, do any of you fags have the sprite dump for Lifeweb that got posted around a few months back? Need to know some filenames.

I never actually got to play on nel's, but I do remember the threads leading up to it. Seems like only yesterday too.

Didn't mean to quote twice.

This isn't about what happened or didn't happen, this is about each and every one of you being faggots
Unless you mean to say mister big bad man came to your house and physically prevented you from starting up a server, or is forcing you to post here

when did it all go so wrong

also when was the last time someone posted xenos

Wew like fucking clockwork
Its like intl sits around here exclusively instead of trying to further wedge Holla Forums and Holla Forums apart.

People do some seriously autistic shit when they have nothing else to spend their free time on.

Just look at the past 8 months of Holla Forums post history.

I need to kill myself, I'm too stupid to deserve to live

He's plaguing Planetside 2, can you niggers take him back?

No bully.

Might as well just move the server there as well.
From what you read on these threads it's all cucked anyway.

Due to me being inactive, on the server and online, I havn't been posting and thus sheylos made the thread and bullied me :(

I wonder if a server without any admin intervention would work

One would probably need competent security with access to good gear acting as pseudomins

Lifeweb usually has no rules. It usually ends up in everyone just killing eachother for no reason, or for the tiniest excuse.

Same thing goes for SS13, servers tend to turn into Deathmatch with toxins as massive equalizers and security being 100% useless due to stun+laserfags with eguns when that happens. Completely kills the populace.

Anyone wanna play Barotrauma now?

Gitgud, please go. You trashed the server alone. We dealt with your shit for ages, and finally got fed up.
That happens. You have nobody to blame but yourself for the way you ran things. Well, really, it was more the pretentious attitude that killed you. The shit, we bore with for ages. But when you start pulling some "only admins and coders matter" crap, don't be surprised that it pisses off the players.

Will the station ever be graced by anyone half as accomplished, sexy, and talented as Kaiden Agg?

the circlejerk fucks don't help things either, as they create more like who're fucked off at the server via the group think mentality there

I recognize a few spessmens from back then, we come and go.

WHY would you tell someone to do that, you sick fuck.

Nope. Three words: Stun-based-combat.
The combat in this game isn't really good for skill-based player shenanigans. There's some reflexes, sure, and there's some knowledge you need, yeah.
But you only need to play for a week to discover all the possibilities. And the combat boils down to "I stun I win".
Now, we've attempted that before, and after the sec batons were fixed, it wasn't really that bad a change.
But right now, no admins means a faggot can get in, grab an hybrid laser and proceed to kill the whole crew with ease.
I know it's possible because I've done it before in /tg/. Even got a ban over it despite being traitor. A server filled with murderboners don't like when you murderbone them :^)
Having admins isn't the perfect solution, but it's a lot better than the alternative.

Soon, comrades.

HateStation will rise again

I sincerely wish you good luck.

/tg/ and /k/ are pretty okay, though.
Mark is a fag, I'll give you that.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh bby

please come back soon

What's this made in?
So smooth compared to spacemen 10fps

BYOND

It wouldn't. Unless you wanted a server with 100% combat, that is.
You could try to do anything other than fucking people over but you'd soon be interrupted by someone trying to fuck you.
At that point, you either keep trying stubbornly to do your stuff, join in and go fuck other people or leave the server.

Now keep in mind combat in SS13 is actually the most boring part of the game and if it wasn't for all the context and roleplay that happens before and after combat, nobody would bother to play the game.

That was solved here, though. It was a fun server then, people tried all kinds of weapons too since stuns didn't meant death for everyone but Sec Guards could still do their thing with the batons.

I tried to propose that solution many years before Nel back on TG and nobody there ever wanted to give it a fair try. They miss out on that fun, it's just stun this, stun that there and traitors getting Freedom Implants or Adrenaline Glands to handle it.

Makes me wonder that maybe my idea for the removal of Common Channel could improve the game a lot too.
Just keeping department radios and every headset can only have one frequency. Anyone not part of a department doesn't start with one but can get it later and tune it to whatever they want. Would make departments more social between them, cooperate more and remove a lot of the spam in the radio.
Maybe people would start using the damn consoles for once, or actually go to the bar to socialize instead of broadcasting their life on the radio because they think they are the main character of SS13.

Holy shit, you madman.
You removed tiles as a restriction for movement? How the bloody hell do you deal with collisions?

Also, are those coins? Please make economy a part of the game, both for the Shekels roleplay and because that's just the perfect tool to balance shit, introduce content that has a requirement besides Science and should make playing jobs actually seem worth it, literally.
If it works for Miners, it should work for everyone else.

Alright lets open this can of worms with some memes.

So I am turbotracker nice to see you all again.

I am closing the server due to mass inactivity and anouther project needing some extra resources. Should hatestation come back as a post claims I will probably play again for the bully.

The codebase and all other assets are still active including the database of bans so if gitgud or whoever is running hate now wants a ban database I will give it you bby

How long did it last this time? Like four or five months?

Ehh around what? 6 months in total. Its a shame how ss13 comes in waves.

Thanks for hosting the server while you did it was fun while it lasted.

Im glad I got to push buttons for the entire time.

Yeah I'm working on it. ThinStation isn't near anywhere ready yet, so if I get the server back online it's going to be running something more standard for the time being. Also, since our previous host went AWOL we'll be on a new box. Same domain name though, so don't worry too much about it.

I'm going to look at getting fresh staff too.

Ban database is probably unnecessary to port in its entirety, though we'll probably dig through the notes and see who deserves to have shit carried over and what's just political decisions on turbotracker's part.

Expect more news in a little while tonight.

C-Can I be admin :^)

For all intents and purpose I intend to pull my admins from people mostly divorced from the politics of the generals and the server wars.

So no.

u fukkin dominican republiq feg

Dear god dont be as retarded as serria this time

could we get someone new as a host?

Sure baby, you can do it yourself, just gotta host the game, easy ain't it? :^)

It does matter actually. People can complain all they want, if you faggots stay firm on shit it either goes away or forces the faggots to leave or split, but you would have to fuck up pretty bad to have the last two occur. And while autism might be high, I don't usually see minority complaints for issues lasting longer than a few months. And general consensuses are made here more often than not, I rarely see 50/50 split issues or even things close to it.

If you're a socially awkward retard who can't pick up on the general tone of a thread sure. I doubt there's as many retards restarting their IP to change their ID as people claim there are.

And I also doubt the admins of shitty servers actually spend to time to ask questions and discuss future decisions that they want to implement. If you want results then do your fucking job and seek them out.

Either way stop being a faggot. You shouldn't kiss the ass of administration. It's an inherently shitty job but an inherently necessary one. If you actually like and appreciate the game you can look past that.

TL;DR the administration gets the final say but your lack of faith and understanding in the community is fucking retarded.

It's actually the reverse.
The community gets the final say but their lack of faith and understanding for the administration is fucking retarded.

Servers don't die because this or that decision is made, they die because the community dies or someone makes whole rounds unfun for everyone else.
Players have no FUN buttons and yet they can make the game much, much worse for everyone else than any admin can.

But their lack of faith and complaining about shit they often have no understanding of is pretty fucking retarded, considering nobody else is willing to put the effort to host a server or do any code for it.

A lot of the decisions and ideas in many of these servers were discussed in the thread, many of the ideas where even sugestions of players.

You haven't been on Holla Forums as long as you should to make that statement. No, seriously.

They shouldn't last more than a day and even that is pushing it too far.
Complaints should be handled immiatly and discussed in a civilized manner but instead some boogeyman is atributed to it and then nothing gets done because you can't solve boogeymans by their very definition.
Which, when you think about it, makes perfect sense for someone that just wants to shitpost. Complaining about how a boogeyman is ruining everything means the complain never disappears and they can shitpost literally forever about it. It's literally id politics, wew.

So when are you faggots going to use a codebase that isn't shit

Still want that vorecode, eh?

Btw: set up a box with a server.
Even empty, I want to test shit and mess around.

if you want to test shit and mess around, just compile the code yourself and play.

smh lazy ass kids

No, I just want a server that uses normal ass tg code without being months behind so they can implement their special snowflake bullshit nobody likes
Or gooncode, a goon server without goons could be pretty popular, but the market is still somehow completely untapped

because no one wants to play on broken, insecure, outdated, impossible to read code.

There are way too many security issues that are in goons HTML chat specifically, and it won't run on 510, so enjoy the crazy lag fest of shit that doesn't happen on glorious hatecode.

Make Hatestation Great Again.

woops forgot pic

OH BOY, do I have news for you!
>minor jobs that are open only when admins decide to open them or randomly picked for you hint: their buttfriends get it on demand, you get the shitty one you didn't want

FOR INSTANCE:
>and one very lethal combination

Now, ready for the funpart?
That's right, it's hardcoded. That's how much butthurt they get when you break the game
They don't just ban you, they'll change the code to add a special snowflake rule to prevent you from using that content.

Next time you try to spam "disarm" on someone and wonder why 15 attempts didn't take him down once, consider that goons that auth not only are immune to "disarm", they also get up faster.

Translantion: "I get .005 ping with my T1 connection at my college, you thirld world fucks can eat a dick"

And the most important one: Memes.
I'm not joking here, they'll constantly drop new content based on wathever "sick meme" is currently floating around SA. Unless you pay 10bux to join their shitheap you'll constantly see shit that everyone finds humerous but you don't. And don't you dare ask why, you'll get banned for 15 minutes with the message: "educate yourself".

Oh and racism, but that's a given, since the admins are all SJW's.

I'm with you on the anti-goon train, but since the code got leaked, I believe the only shady thing was that they were storing cookies without user acknowledgement which is a crime in various parts of the EU, I'd have to audit the code (which is nigh impossible due to the poor formatting and readability of the code) to see if what you're talking about is true.

I do know for a fact that people that abuse certain chemicals every round to powergame get put on a list, but that seems quite fair to me, as what did Hatestation do to that one faggot that made chloral syringes every round? He was banned.

Everything else is pretty true, apart from the 510 thing, they don't update they're leaked code, I believe has a 510 branch that is working actually.

t. gitgud while talking about SS13, a byond game

apparently goon station is ss13.

Toy eswords dismembered for a reason.

You guys really need to get a better grasp on who is me and who isn't.

The screenshots are from a full re-implementation of SS13 that's being worked on, in practice it'll reuse little to none of the original SS13 beyond graphical assets.

That won't be ready for a while though, so HateStation will run a more standard SS13 installation in the interim.

Nah, the code that got "leaked" wasn't their actual code. Could have been an old version or something else. I remember sotting several things that were broken/missing code/commented out or missing icon files.
Pretty sure that was never the actual goon code. But then again, maybe their code is actually that much of a mess, who knows?

Putting people on a list is fairly normal. More like a "watchlist" actually. That user connects, the admins are notified immediately and can ghost him. If he goes for the chloral seringes, you can drop the hammer or at least warn the guy to be such a faggot.
I'm talking about actual hardcoded restrictions.
Something like the code testing what player attempted to make that reaction. If the name belongs on a particular list hilarously enough, sometimes the "banned" ckeys were written down on the code itself the reaction would not occur or produce some other innoculous effect.

Oh and the 510 thing wasn't serious. More like, one of their admins sperged about the lag a few months ago when 510 was brand new and people were discussing it. I kept quite who even uses goon OOC and just laughed at it, the guy got pretty pissed.

[citation needed]

see I'd be fine buying a dedicated server but I don't know jack about the coding side of it so I'd need a rag tag team of faggots to work it for me

A tripfag that's cancer incarnate? 10-4.

You don't need dedicated programmers anyway. Just don't give pull rights to any nigger who asks and make the repos fully visible whenever you mention the server.

would do if we want a decent code to play on

A proper chan server should take pulls from anyone who submits them.
Barring malicious pulls lmao, infinite lag anything should go.
Reasoning: it's the spirt of chans. Give everyone a voice, no matter how stupid it is.

I'd maybe make a rule about LARGE SHIT THAT AFFECTS EVERYONE, but for smaller shit, I'd pull anything.
Yes, I know the ammount of meme-bugridden-shit we'd get, but that's pretty much the embodiment of a chan in BYOND code
Shitposting in *.dm files, HURRAY

Post YFW you are not Chaosyourgod/spiderfag.

HOOOOOLY SHIT

you're pocketing 100 pounds, you're stealing that money since it was for the server and not you

sierra refuses to supply any kinda facts what so ever so for all I know he pocketed all 200 pounds

I see. So any and all accusations of misuse of donation funds can be safely ignored.

Please remember to tag it as Turbotracker/Sierra.

It's strange how obvious it was him all along. He's always been a chaotic character in 8ch's SS13 history. He'll continue to be when he resurfaces next year and every iteration down the line. I'll say it is strange that I've never had a bad encounter with him, and even robusted him a few times.

Lets play Spot the Jewish!

the server has only been up for two mouths after I donated, that's 100 accounted for if sierra is to believed, so where did the rest of the 100 go to?

sierra refuses to take a screenshot of his transactions and take five minutes to edit out personal details, it's on him to prove that he's not lying and quite honestly I don't believe a cunt who'd bring matters like this to the thread inorder to try to deterrent, makes me think he's hiding something

why the fuck did he need an SPLA license?

50 a month for a linux server would get you beastly specs, why even bother with winblows serber

well he's the kinda retard who fell for the fuckers trying to destroy these servers via causing drama like this so what do you expect?

Unless there's a disclaimer in place that states that he's obligated to provide you with that information upon request then he's not obligated to give you that information at all.
Donating to anyone or anything that lacks that sort of disclaimer means you're doing it at your own risk and donating on faith.
You'd think after all of the infamous kickstarter scams that have taken place that people would learn to look for this shit before throwing money at things. Take this £200 hit on the chin and be smarter with your money in the future.

at least you others know sierra isn't to be trusted so less people will fall for his cons now

That's hilarious coming from a self-confessed kiddy diddler.

I didn't diddle shit mate, maybe you should get your facts right next time

Alright lets walk thigh through step by step.

The server "rent" is server rack space. The server itself I own but I have it located in a friends rack in america, to whom I pay the £50 a month rent.

The owner is very cautious about ensuring all software on the rack is owned and thus would not accept a cracked windows install, I would have installed a linux distro however I was running other applications from the server which did not have linux releases.

Now lets take this nice and easy.

Month 1 - I paid £120 of which £50 was server rent, £60 ish was SPLA and £5 was for the IP itself.
Month 2 I paid £50 myself.

Month 3 - I am mad short on cash and I call out asking someone in the community to help out and you donated more than enough, £200. Thus you paid for this months server rent.

Month 4 - Your donation paid for the server rent this month and the next 3 months of SPLA.

That is around £150 spent. And as I stated in a email that you purposly removed. I stated that I had to move the server due to inhospitable and shitting internet lag spikes lagging even fucking byond. Thus I spent the last of your money to give the server rack owner gas money to move the server to his new location halfway across america. See this this is your "receipt".

Your money cannot and will not be returned as it was spent on the server.

So go ahead and try to bounce the paypal donation. That money aint commin back nigga.

and I should take your word for it why?

take a picture of these transaction, edit out your personal details and show me that you are indeed not a lying jew

it's that simple you half baked tard

nigga if he wants to bounce the money he can just physically send in paperwork/call his CC company and you're actually fucked lmao.

no

Somehow I doubt I am losing money in this situation.

why use bitcoins for server payment if its the same amount every month? Why use something that changes its value every month?

Also, give us the bitcoin wallet address used to send/purchase the bitcoins unless you were actually misusing that money.

Because I use bitcoins for most things online. And the server rack owner is a bitcoin miner himself.

no its my private bitcoin wallet

that doesnt matter though, it would only show transactions amounts, and to the address from/to.

you def did some shady shit with that money though so whatever.

I bought JustL's meme folder. Shit was like 150gb man you got no idea. Even some tiddy in that folder man.

That's not how you prove a claim you ridiculous faggot.

yes it is, its called deduction.

oh, I'm being meme'd on
Good show.

Is there a time frame when Hatestation will awaken from its rest? Hippie is ruining me, and I can't rp,

in a week or two maybe dont take my word for it

Feck off Kuriath

I'm willing to give gitgud another shot see if he's changed at all

If anything, this is the gap that we desperately need until the cycle returns to giving up on the station, and having another mutt make a new server.
Gitgud might have even lost the idea of clean slating Hatestation with a base /tg/.

Hey look guys meta discord :^)))))))))))))))))

Yeah because you're banned from the current server.

Jesus christ its even worse.
Gitgud is shoveling "free"ware shit on koriath and other admin again.

Something you're not gonna get when you inevitably screw up the code again.

well he at least put up a poll to decide what would happen with the code although he's a faggot for not putting on vore which won that poll even if it was a meme option

it's a dead server which is shut down, your point?

totally different then the meta mumble Ev;

so what's new?

Server drama aside, I genuinely hope any new 8ch servers that pop up all take the precautionary step of perma-banning Chaosyourgod for being a massive sperg and pedophile.

WE'VE MEMED TOO HARD, LIFE IS BECOMING ONE BIG ROUND OF SPACE STATION 13

Faggot, give me your shekels and I'll translate shitposts to and from 3 languages.

Wew. I haven't shown up around here in such a long time people don't even remember my came correctly anymore.
Hopefully a few months down the line it will be "quarieth" and I can use my nick again without people trying to meta-grudge me and failling.

Speaking of which: why was it always acid? I play doctor 80% of the time, and yet the meta-grudgers always went for the acid. Don't you fucks read the code? Labcoats work like Kevlar against acid.
You know what works best? A seringe that drops you in 11 seconds. Could be faster, but I'm not spending more than 15 seconds making poison for shitters who aren't worth 5u of Tricorzine.

Koriath tell your brother to go back to hellmoo pls

Isn't he shitting up the thread there?
I saw him posting something about the InfernoMoo fellas.
Hellmoo is a shite game filled with unfinished stuff. There's so many MuD's out there, you guys had to pick something that resembles a tech demo.

Sorry, not enough time and too many other games to play, bought a HOTAS and I'm getting into other kinds of autism now
I was expecting someone to host a Holla Forums version with the leaked code from Inferno tbh
I haven't even got the time to install Linux and check the code for myself

Whoever told us both that jobs are good for you FUCKING LIED, I miss my NEET life…

get your self a a medical disease which effects your quality of life and rack in the benefits

Turbotracker, go home. You're autismal. :^)

It's not supposed to be better, you fuck up. It's supposed to build character, turn you into a normalfag, and prepare you for the rest of your worthless life.

get your ids right

We're in Inferno now man, there's much less grind and much more play, you should come over.
Also new content, better rerolls, easier demuts

Please expand on that. Kyron tried to get me to play it, but I remember my days of Hellmoo when I had a Brains character being actual fucking torture to level it. And if Brains wasn't a bitch to level, whips (the only viable weapon I could use) was broken since there was a weapon missing from skill level 5 to 9 or some shit.
or
Also goons and goonshit, those guys were dicks for the sake of being dicks.

Ok but this is the ss13 thread, and you're not even saging. Ask again in the hellmoo thread please.

Sure.
Didn't bother to sage because I wanted to keep the thread bumped.

gitgud pls steal this for hate

A lot of the complaints I made are targeted at the user I replied to. The actual context for what's going on now is another problem.

It's a balance I'de say. I've seen servers die to both.

Well the latter is pretty fixable with no-bullshit mods and the former is just burnout and the relatively small community we have here makes it difficult to find new players being interested. I wouldn't say that's the administration fault though. It's the price you pay for being a bit niche.

Depends on the context. If the user complaining doesn't know what he's talking about that can be set straight pretty fucking easily with facts and documentation. Even then that's the nature of a player base. Nobody here will ever be 100% satisfied and I prefer occasional needless backlash over having a hugbox full of kissasses. In a perfect world we would have neither.

Again the response is in the context of who I was responding to. He said that nobody gave feedback which was clearly not true.

After 6+ years on anonymous image board I've began to pick up on nuances and writing styles in a lot of anons. There's times I can swear I recognize them by their opinions and writing styles and I veyr rarely pick up on ID changes in threads. I understand that somebody who would be changing their ID's would probably make an effort to try and sound different but I rarely see it done well. You can't truly tell unless you get a mod sharing images of IP's which usually turns out to be stretching the bar or gets the mod in trouble. And if there's anything Holla Forums is, it's paranoid. If you don't believe me visit Holla Forums for ten seconds. We occasionally get IP change fags but it's almost always one autist who is incredibly fucking obvious about it. Unless you can post proof or even theory of a group of autists spending their time changing their IP's on these threads I'm not really inclined to agree with your assessment. But then again I havn't been as heavy on these threads as I used to be.

Also

Calling people out for changing IP's when it's barely plausible is about as boogeyman as it gets. And even if it actually happened as often as people thought it still wouldn't fix anything like you said. There's no tangible method of fixing it so the issues that are important should be focused on rather than the ones that are obvious shitposting.

This has been a thing for years now since they were introduced, we had it on the old codebase.

had being the keyword there

that poster was me from my work PC

No, it isn't. Lots of players tow the line a lot doing things that aren't really against the rules but are still dickish. They're the ones that go "Is this allowed?" or "Well, it's not against the rules so…" and all admins can do is keep making stricter and stricter rules, frustrating everyone else or kicking them out, making them throw a tantrum on the thread about "ban4noraisin".

Sorry, but no. I'd like for things to be that easy but there's several reasons why admins often have information users don't have and shouldn't have and sometimes the answer lies in that information. It's when players demand to know that or keep arguing about things that need that information, even and especially when they know that, that these shitfests happen and nothing is solved.

I said nobody gave feedback about how comfy the server actually was and the fun things we all did together, or how drama and shitty people weren't that frequent at all except the metagangs when there was no admins
Ideas had plenty of feedback both in game and in the thread and it was pretty nice to brainstorm with people about new ideas for the game.

Right, I might have been a bit to paranoid, it's not that frequent that IT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW but it happes. Usually it's some autist that actually bothers to do it and the thing with SS13 is that it atracts autists, so it has an higher rate of similar bullshit than usual, but it's not as frequent as I might have made it seem like.

The difference here being that that's a problem with the thread and not the game. Even if they were to use the same ID, it's something that neither of us can solve and in theory shouldn't even have to worry about.
However, complaining about a server or a code because it's made\hosted by [boogeyman] while atributing a bad rep with little to no backing it up, that kinda ruins the game without any possibility to fix anything.

The difference here, and my whole point, is that some are willing and interested in fixing problems to enjoy SS13 while others are more interested in dwelling on and prologing them for personal fun because they can't enjoy SS13 anymore.

late response, but something like this was attempted long ago with space worms
it was some of the buggiest, strangest shit, and most codebases have stripped them from the code entirely because they just don't work

Not exactly. I don't think it worked the same way.
I know because I was the one who stole it from /tg/
We had some problems because of all the alien race icons, and I think /tg/ has a fancy gimmicky overlay to indicate how much meat you've taken from the victim. I might be remembering some other codebase though.

It's easy enough to add though, check the meatspike code and copypaste it. Might need some vars on humanoids or some proc defined elsewhere, but you're looking at a 10 minute job.

was there a reason why it didn't work?

the code was 8 years old and made by someone with no idea what they were doing
from /tg/, "they seem to just spawn additional space worms everywhere and eating your own tail results in new worms spawning."
among other things

that makes sense then

I still think there should be a game mode based on the film Virus tbh

Isn't that basically malf AI?

Maybe a single mommi is given a lawset in which is it to act on mommi laws until it recieves a communication from admins that forces a law change stating it is infected with a space virus.

Its body reconfigures and becomes a tiny bit of hell. Using terminals and other silicons it spreads around the station.

Win objective to be something like Infect each room on the station with the virus.

Maybe to make it more visible the APC in rooms gets hacked in the process makingit very noticeable to noninfected beings.

Tbh just sounds like mobile Malf ai/ Mommi uprising but hell I might help out if it starts getting made.

malf AI can't build factory to pump out a small army of bots and cyborgs to do its biding though

It can. There's a factory that takes 100% of it's CPU, it converts live and dead humans into cyborgs with standard batteries and they come pre-hacked.

I saw something like that in /tg/ but such a thing has to be built by something able to right?

Gitgud should steal the gui of Hippie and Goon. It's a satisfying feeling seeing your hand icons light up like a clock.

dude have you seen /vg/ space? that's some shit which needs to be in more servers right there

Nope, the AI just needs a room with a camera and a space of 1x3 squares horizontally to place it. Kinda gets teleported in like with every other Syndicate gear, however it's 100% useless unless the AI has any borgs that can drag victims into it.

that's the problem then, which I think can be solved if there was better bots the ai can do more with then just tell them to go to a place

The issue is that Malf AI is balanced in that the AI is supposed to use minions controlled by other people as it is primairly a team-antag gamemode. It loses those minions? It can still pose a huge threat due to controlling nearly the entirety of the station's electronics that hasn't been tampered by the crew already.
It can flood areas with plasma and then set it on fire by overloading the APC's lights or drought it while locking it all down, it can shock any airlock or even bait people into standing on them to crush them infinitely, it can tamper with machinery so that you CAN'T use it such as Autolathes, Telepads or Protolathes, it can sabotague so much shit in short order like cloning, chemistry and cryo it's not even funny.

The problem of noborgs comes from lowpop situations, but even then unless the entirety of the crew is just 3 engineers, 2 scientists (toxins, telepad) and 3 miners, they have a low chance of defeating the AI if it uses its CPU points correctly. Most of the Malf AI's abilities are situational at best anyways, much like the Factory itself, only used when absolutely needed.

ah I see then, I haven't actually seen or played malf AI so I didn't entirely know but what I was thinking of is a lowpop RTS gamemode akin to blob, this doesn't have to be malf AI it can be a foreign AI slowly trying to take over the station via its own means

Make a webm, I'm too lazy to go search it up.

well I'm too lazy to make a webm for you

It's the best one that's not furry, features porn as a prominent element, and is not populated by less people than you have had girlfriends in your life, though.

But if anyone is even halfway competent, they can make thermite and metal foam (or get a nade from atmos), suit up, and fuck the AI up within 2 minutes of malf being called.

What about trainmen?

What about fallout?

Seryously, we could have that old fallout code in the meantime, that shit was rad.

What about anything?

so uh whens gitgud's meme server going to be up?

Soon actually. We have the virtual machine up and running Ubuntu 16.10 and I'm setting up everything as we speak. Our hosting is provided courtesy of Jinteki Industries. We've got 8GB of RAM this time around and 4 cores. I'll make an announcement when it's ready.

jinteki.industries

can I sprite for the server? I'll be your friend

ebin

FUCKING SAVE ME FROM THIS NIGHTMARE OF A SERVER

HateStation is back online.

We are currently running the code located at:

gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016

This repository is forked from /tg/station's latest upstream and will be what we're running while development continues on ThinStation. Feel free to contribute code via pull request, and if you would like to be added to the coder team don't hesitate to email me about getting access to the NanoTrasen group.

If you encounter any issues or have any feature requests, please use our Issue system at:

gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/issues

The server is located at:
byond://jinteki.industries:5513

We are currently running DreamStation, I figure people would appreciate something new for a little bit. I am currently the only administrator on the server, email me or message me over BYOND if you would like to apply for a staff position. Applications should include your previous administrative experience, technical capabilities, and the time zone you are capable of administrating.

With the help of the community and the staff, I'd also like to redo the rules and try to come up with an administrative style that respects the more relaxed environment we've traditionally kept while punishing the worst offenders.

I haven't gotten the ban data from Turbotracker yet, but whenever I get a copy I will be reviewing and reinstating bans on a case-by-case basis. Previously banned players should see this as an opportunity to demonstrate their willingness to change, and what the staff observes in the next few days will factor into whether your ban carries over.

Please be excellent to one another. We have the chance to turn this around and make something great, but it can only happen when the staff, coders, and players cooperate to make it happen.

Cheers.

Jesus do you have to Holla Forums autism so fucking hard.
Ok so I will be abusing the atmos bug until you fix it then :^)
So it turns out the mysql server data got corrupted beyond all fuck when I attempted to wget it into my private server. Around 4 serperate attempts have failed. Sorry about this boyo, All I can state is Ban chaosyourgod, he has been the thorn in my side since I stated CPStation, I can explain further in byond messages.
I know you will 99% decline this app but fuck It I am posting my meme application here
Sierra/turbotracker/aclarkedam
I have proven to, even through pubbytrash, uphold a "high" standard of play and admined more as a host that almost all of the admins on my station.
I have been known to be a maxium bully by posting all bans publicly either in OOC or in the thread after a shift has ended.
You need someone to bully for you HMU fam.

Good lord fuck that shit, absolutely trash codebase.
Why?

I'll be waiting till you guys actually finish that newcode station to try it out, otherwise fuck these settings and fuck your shit nigger.

Though i'll give you in on the atmos/engineering foam grenades and RCDs, those things spell doom for the AI more than maxcaps and Ion rifles can. Also you know you can jury rig EMP grenades with stuff you can find in maintenance, soda cans and the public grinder in the Kitchen and Botany, right? They're disgustingly good against Cyborgs and laser turrets for when you don't have flashes at hand and you're just a greyshirt.

what the actual fuck

Round trip ping-pong took 23 seconds.
Round trip ping-pong took 11 seconds.

Hatestation running just as well as I remember

Round trip ping-pong took 1.3e+002 seconds.
Yo gitgud.

Please take my fucking private server. Anything but this.

Anyone remember when /tg/ said their codebase is optimized?

It's only optimized for Windows 10. Their server is running on that and the entire codebase is made to be only run by Win7/8/10 clients. It's garbage.

LOCAL LIBRE SERVER HOST FORCED TO INSTALL NON-FREE SOFTWARE.

MORE AT ELEVEN BACK TO YOU TED

Yeah that's fine, but if the detective or captain are bored, chances are they're going to camera at random and end up in an area you corrupted. Then you have to call it but you'll never make it because lol thermite lol meta foam. Honestly, metal foam needs to be nerfed v.s. turrets. Maybe turret shots kill one metal foam tile at a time.

Send me an email about the application. I'm biased towards bringing on new people for this sort've thing but I have to be pragmatic about getting together a group that can fill in for the major time zones.

Try and do at least a page or so in a neat CV-style document on the other stuff you've done and give me a few people I can talk to about how SierraStation was while you were in charge (I never got on, I wouldn't really know).

I don't really have a group of developers I can count on to keep an older codebase maintained and my present concern was with throwing up a server that "just werks". Being able to pull upstream bugfixes and features down was the primary concern, and /tg/station, whatever you think of it, is one of the most active bases outside of /vg/station.

I think we can come back to the issue of the codebase when I know for certain who we can count on to be involved with HateStation moving forward.

I don't SSH into stranger's servers.

I've got a few questions everyone should answer. These polls are non-binding considering the thread traffic at the moment, but I'll be more likely to act on these if we reach a sizable threshold of respondents.

poal.me/5kepvz
poal.me/ngm5k4
poal.me/sjmabn

Time for spessmens again

/tg/code confirmed for spynet trying to steal oru data and virginity :^)

I'd say to keep Sierra/Turbo off the Admin team.
I'll admit my bias against him just as I'll admit that he can be a pretty good admin when he tries to.

But New Hate should have new admins. Needs fresh blood with fresh ideas to it.
I'll still play it though.

I predicted Sierra being shit, the signs were there.
Attentionwhoring, cunty behavior, "trans" bullshit.

None of you listened.