With how shit Ashes of Ariandel was, I'm afraid ds3 won't be as good as DS2 with dlc

With how shit Ashes of Ariandel was, I'm afraid ds3 won't be as good as DS2 with dlc.

They only have one more dlc to make ds3 not suck.

The battered housewife mindset is still in force force I see.

They are going to put their all into the next DLC, I'm sure of it. The DS2 dlc's got better with each one.

Dark Souls 2 is not good, you dumb memester.

At least it had poise.

Poise doesn't automatically make a souls game good, it just makes them more similiar to DaS1.
Considering DaS1 is utter shit compared to DeS and BB, and they didn't really have poise, with BB especially carefully balancing hyperarmor and giving you good tools to counter big enemies with damaging moves, going the poise route doesn't automatically fix a souls game.

There's more finesse to it than just poise or no poise.
DaS3 is shit because Miya essentially is completely tired of the souls formula and both the base game and entire chunks of the DLC is like "i fucking hate this series, i wish i was still working on BB, i had fun making BB".
It's devoid of passion.

No.

Sunken King was good.

Iron King was shit.

Ivory King was better but not as good as Sunken King.

Scholar was a jewish joke.

so is Ashes of Ariandel actually bad or is OP just a meme loving faggot?

the next DS3 DLC better have that goddamn cold magic I was promised.

found the sony fanboy. Sorry you have to desperately justify your purchase of a PS3 and PS4

It's shorter than your microdick.

fuck you faggot fume knight was the best time i ever had with a dark souls bossfight

It was a turd with a cholcolate chip in it.

It's bad in that it'll take you probably like 2-3 hours, but it's got as much content as Artorias of the Abyss squashed into those few hours. It's also got some of the best looking areas in the entire game.

unfair on the rest of it. it wasn't better than the other two at by any means, but it definitely had its moments, like the fume knight and alonne fights as well as some neato weapons (and rings)

I've considered getting it, but as of now, I've heard mostly negative feedback. Guess I'll wait for a sale.
Expecting From to shell out Old Hunters level of content was asking for too much, apparently.
I don't expect too much from the next one, either. The only way to make me buy it on release date is by including both the DWGR and the Bone Fist. It'll never happen, but I can dream.

I hope you mean Ivory King was the shit, user.

I'm also reminded every time I play DaS3 how much of a better game BB is, but I think comparing them directly is unfair.
I've also went into the game thinking it would be like BB without guns, but that mess regarding Poise aside, it's just much slower and more "defensively" oriented. That's just how Souls games are, and throwing the two together renders a disservice to them both, in my opinion.
That being said, I also think that fatigue plays a role here. DeS and BB (and for some, DaS1) are remembered and played fondly because they were the only installations of their respective series. Regarding DaS, we've now seen the same shit thrice and with very little variation at that because cycles or some bullshit. I guess if anything, this is a cautionary tale for how serialisation can mess with an IP's integrity. I don't want to put blame on Bamco specifically, but I remember a comment from the DaS2 design works that implies some executive meddling was involved.

Wait no I meant Iron King, sorry.

Wait, didn't this DLC bring your favorite casual crutch back? If it didn't I might actually install DS3 again.

user, people wouldn't compare DaS3 to BB if DaS3 tried to be a game similiar to DaS1.
BUT IT FUCKING DOESN'T.
It's a game that, in it's original release state, had next to no player poise, TONS of hyperarmor on certain moves you could do, TONS of hyperarmor on many enemies within the game, that's BB.
That's fucking BB, right there.
Except it's a watered down, imperfect version of BB that is literally missing features, it's BB basic gameplay without the awesome movement, without the awesome counter tools, and without the selection of weapons with entirely different movesets.
It's DaS and BB mashed in a single sandwitch and most of BB fell out of the fucking bread.

It's SHIT.
It's SHIT because it doesn't stay true to itself and every second i've played DaS3 i could feel the team, and especially Miya, were absolutely burnt out and didn't want to make this game.
Any souls fan that enjoyed DaS3 is straight up a cuck, the developer team were cucking you the entire time they were making this game, they were thinking of fucking the hotter, younger IP.

You got fucking cucked.
Hell i respect DaS2 fans more at this point.
I mean they're MLG addicted cocksucking PVP faggots, but at least they like a game that was made with the basic premise of making a souls game, they're self contained in their own shitty little game that doesn't pretend to be something it isn't, it's a shitty souls game, but still a souls game at the very least.

>>>/out/

Miyazaki is a fuckhack and DaS2 is hated way more than it should be considering it's horrible development process and Tanimura being forced to shoulder the burden of Miyazaki AND that other faggot's failed attempts at making DaS2

Then this fat four eyed fuckup goes on to make some uninspired Van Hellsing + Lovecraft mashup and faggots gobble it down.

Fuck off, OnlyAfro. I know it's you, because you're the only memester faggot on youtube who likes DaS2.

Sometimes I forget how many blood borne and Sony fan boys inhabit Holla Forums. I can't wait till the next dlc is shit and from takes you for another ride for easy money. You stupid niggers deserve to be abused.

Dark souls 2 is better than 3 and 1 is still best of all. Anyone who claims 3 is better is just a BB fag who helped to ruin the slow pacing, poise centered combat and wide breadth of weapon types that was common until DaS3 ruined it.

DS3 was never good to begin with. Its a fanservice game for the vaati audience. It is worse than Bloodborne in every way.

There's a vaati audience?

Actually there will be 2 more DLC; the last one just is not part of the season pass

No it didn't, wtf lel. Is this what plebs who started with DS2 think? DS2 was where FromSoft started not having poise in their games.
The poise system in DS2 is entirely the same as in DS3, no difference whatsoever.

Well that's an easy thing to say, because Bloodborne is FromSofts best game ever created, and easily one of THE best games ever made in history.

Oh and before some retard calls me a Sony shill, I dont own a PS4 because I dont buy console shit, I have only played Bloodborne at a friends place. But at least I have the decency to admit it is the pinnacle of Souls games.

Love or hate bloodbornes smaller weapon roster and fucked pvp it has a solid story where everything down to the statues holding street lamps exist for a reason.

Dark Souls 3 is an actual meme game. It drops references on you that thematically and in universe terms are as disjointed and fucked as the land of the iron keep floating above the poison windmill.

I tried to like this game but it is trash. Hot trash. It tries to be the best of demons, dark and bloodborne and ultimately fails because they dont fucking work together at all.

After Bloodbornes fantastic gameplay with regain, an improved dodge and parry system and the balancing mechanics like blood bullets and more incentive to use consumeables and it is as solid at what it does as Dark 1 is, its just a different take on it thats equally fun in a different way.

In DS3 most of the weapon arts feel like they exist for pvp montages and because they had no idea how mana would work for none casters otherwise.
In DS3 most of the world is a shitshow. In BB you can see every trap coming. Every single one and it is up to the player to notice. A pile of planks over a switch, a giant with a burning boulder at the end of a long bridge. It is 3D castlevania at its best. In DS3? there are like 3 trap switches and SKELETON BALL DADADA DADA DADADADADA and thats it. The rest of the game is undead humans sticking to sheer walls like fucking spiderman to ambush you and it never works but they are always guarding a pity ember assuming it would do.

All of this is to say nothing of the story which is dogshit. What isn't "pontiff did it" and some genuinely interesting allusions to "the coming age of the deep sea" -which may have just been a Bloodborne reference in hindsight- is entirely "REMEMBER DARK SOULS 1?" and thats it. Beaten wife die hards -or pc users that didnt get BB so simply no no better and only had ds2 for the last half a decade- go "b-but its a celebration of dark souls, its his final game!" as thought kadokawa and bamco will let this series die while it prints money.
The story is monumentally lazy. Why did you need the thrones? why is the kiln now a reality warping place when the end of fire leads to entropy, dark and cold. Not the fucking collapsing of reality. Why does anything other than pontiffs machinations to feed thegods to aldritch even occur? At this point where we are told 'this is the longest a cycle can go' why the fuck is there even any enemies that arent wretches when we are explicitly told demons are extinct and the longer you last/the more you die the more you go hollow and lose your mind, will and become a wretch.

Why? because VIDEO GAME. Thats DS3's problem. It doesnt feel like an rpg, it feels like a videogame. Heres ice level, heres skeleton level, heres swamp level. The irony being that all those exist in DS1 which has a monumentally flawed second half design wise. But here it is soulless, doesnt flow together and just feels like "we need an ambush here, drop 4 hollows" which is worlds away from DS1 style "no make the dragon look rotten to suggest sadness at a majestic thing fallen from grace" or Bloodbornes "this town is falling apart but the hunt is still on" vibe.

I can never stress how much dark souls 3 is fucking unmitigated garbage. It is not only the worst videogame in the series, it is the worst fromsoft game period. Kuon is better than this overly referencial, easy, poorly designed mess of a game.

I can only assume people who defend this trash are pc users that never played BB and they dont know how much better that game is, or brand loyalty fanboys that refuse to admit whats in front of them.

Dark Souls 3 is not a good videogame.

All of what you could have been explained this short:
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne were made by Miyazaki and the A-team.
DS2 and DS3 were made by the B-team.

It is no secret why those two games are so unbelievably shit in comparison. They are basically fan fiction.

Ironic that fan headcanon is usually how apologists work.

Miyazaki writes "time is convoluted" to explain online play and "lore for lores sake fags" scream about their multiverse theory like the georgio tsoukolos of vidya.

I liked bloodborne better because the piledriver was fun as fuck. And I never played pvp, it's not until you get to pvp that you realise how horribly designed the whole thing is.

pvp was a mistake. Bloodborne is Castlevania in the souls engine. pvp in that was as worthless as weapon arts in DS3

It would be like putting pvp in simons quest.

Weebs, everyone

Old Hunters raised expectations i guess.

No you dolt. The mistake wasn't pvp. The mistake was that FROM doesn't know how to make a game with good combat. And it falls apart as soon as you actually start to take it seriously instead of just making really basic enemies with no real behaviors and a whole bunch of handicaps (like infinite poise where the player otherwise has none).

Castlevania with PVP would be the best game ever. Especially some kind of invasion style. SotN's only good bosses were the doppelganger fights, and belmont fight. Fights where the enemies moved and acted like you instead of being giant hitboxes glued to the level with "crouch in the corner when you see this" tells.

I get the feeling you're just comparing boss fights.

Eleum Loyce (the city, not shitty outskirts) is one of the best levels in the SoulsBorne series. The biggest problem with Sunken and Iron DLC is the fact they play like a god damn Zelda game. While there's nothing wrong with that itself it's something that shouldn't be in a Souls game. Having long empty corridors and empty rooms with impractical switches makes for shit world design. It's the thing that plagues DS2 the most as everything feels like a set piece rather than a world that was once lived in. Eleum Loyce shines in this department because a lot of the area is outside with lots of loops with great vistas.

So no Sunken isn't the best.

lol, what? Apologists? Are you saying its Miyazakis and rest of the original teams fault that both B-team games are garbage?
Sure on the level that they allowed those games to be made, but the reason those two games are shit is that they were made by different people than the original team, plain and simple.

That is not apologism, it is what we call a fact.

Demon's Souls and DS1 had alright combat, because things were actually balanced fairly well with how the enemies were. 2 has tons of infinite stamina enemies who spam attacks all day, and 3 is ten times worse about that.

Those axe dudes on the wall of the hospital were the worst, sure they're tall but they're also super skinny and wearing nothing but a loinclothe and I think suspenders? Why do they have four times the poise of the elite knights in full plate at the start of the game?

Bloodborne best

two also has the godawful turntable spinning enemies and the bosses that weren't told they don't get to bring friends

absolute bullshit

playing through DaS3 I see they thought they were a good idea because loads of the enemies are infinite stamina monsters. thankfully most of the enemies like this are staggerable
I really get the impression the gooks thought they could make a riveting bossfight by making enemies constantly attacking the player with epic simply epic giant combos and particle effects on their weapons (abyss watchers, friede, pontiff come to mind).

The tracking is pretty ridiculous in 3 too. Enemies will turn almost 180 degrees mid air with a greataxe to hit you. Nothing quite as funny as the fire lizards in 2 though.

Princes is really bad like that too. They even have an epic *teleports behind you* attack.

Both players and enemies have amazing tracking as in DaS2 enemy tier tracking. The biggest issue about this is rewarding spam since your attacks are almost always tracked well. In DaS2 if you spammed R1 on a straightsword and an enemy left your tracking arc you'd be swinging into nowhere and you'd need to stop and correct yourself. In DaS3 there is none of that and it really removes the point of unlocking, lowing the skill sets of the game (of course you can be a faggot and unlock make your attacks unparriable because the game is that fucking shit).

Honestly each game has enough content to not even warrant DLCs. DS3 is an alright game with conceptually great bosses even though it fucks up a LOT, which I blame on faggots wanting Bloodborne again.

fucking what

What the DLC came out already? It must have been real shit since I haven't heard a single thing about it until now

its painted world again but lazier and easy.

It was "Painted World of Ariendel", tried to copy the "Painted World of Ariamis" from Dark Souls 1, except this one was linear, boring and not worth replaying. Also has only two bosses, the other of which is easy.

Ariamis was two of those as well, though.

Yup must have been a real turd if not even the waifufags cared about it

Compared with the other DLCs it's just nothing. It's about 10% as good as atrorias of the abyss.

Priscilla is a meme. Nobody actually likes her.

How do you improve upon the perfection of the Doll?

No it wasn't. How does it feel to have shit taste and, apparently to suffer from severe blindness? How is Ariamis a linear area in any meaning of the word, when it quite literally has a whole fuckton of directions to go into.

It's pretty ridiculous how butthurt some people here are about FromSoft games in general, so much so that they will just straight up make shit up out of spite.

You can only be parried if you are facing the player as they do their parry. Some weapons (like straight swords) can start their attack but then you turn around, the hitbox of the attack is bullshit and hits them while you aren't facing them making your attack unparriable. Parries work in 360 degrees but only if they are facing you.
Yes the game is THIS shit.

Ariamis is actually bigger than ariandel now that I think about it.

I wonder if the new IP Miyazaki/FROM has been wanting to start will be a breath of fresh air like BB was. Didn't he say he wanted to do an SF game?

If its another ps4 exclusive from can go fuck themselves.

Why do people never learn the sage words of chad warden? truer now than they have ever been.

what's the matter? too poor to afford a $400 bloodborne machine?

Chad Warden is dead man.

I wish people realized that BB is exclusive not because From employees fap to the tears of people who don't own the latest Sony console, but because Sony gave them monetary incentives to do so.

The words can never die.

And then sony didn't market it, instead pushing the shitty order 1873 game.

I dont even think ive seen a copy of the order in stores

I wonder how much that exclusivity deal was worth. They probably lost a huge amount of money on it.

Muh B-team faggots got BTFO, turns out From Soft is just fucking incompetent.

Must be all in a landfill by now.

I like Dark Souls III and I enjoyed the DLC.

Abyss watchers was like my favourite boss of the game though.

Would a remastered HD DaS be better than DS3?

Arguably the most interesting things in DaS3. I know I'm a broken record on Aldrich but I'm still disappointed that a character with so much build up ends up being "REMEMBER GWYNDOLIN?"

That's the other interesting part of the new lore but also something I don't get. If Hollows are mindless maniacs then how come the ones from Londor are all conniving schemers?

DaS3 has some good ideas but they lacked the boldness to go with it without the ever present crutch of DaS nostalgia. There's also all the crazy stuff that didn't get past the alpha stage like the human sacrifice bonfires.