Are there any games where I can have an army of undead? Maybe the ability to summon stronger types of undead...

Are there any games where I can have an army of undead? Maybe the ability to summon stronger types of undead, or potentially equip my undead servants with better gear?

I've been reading those Overlord light novels, and I've gottent he urge to summon undead armies.

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdofwar.tumblr.com/post/61213451512/art-of-swords-two-handed-sword-dated-16th
art-of-swords.tumblr.com/post/19517794039/the-flame-bladed-sword-one-of-my-favorite-swords
etheria.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancer
etheria.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancy
overlordvolume10.blogspot.ca/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hate squiggle swords m8. Shittest tier swords.

Good for you.

HoMM

They're pretty trash.

Phantom Brave, if you don't mind turn-based games.
Stubbs the Zombie, though no skellies in that game.
Warcraft 3, if you especially care about the "army"-part.

Vanila Diablo 2 let you summon a small unit of undeads, but they become weak to early in game. For most part you are stuck with golems.

I've never played a Might & Magic game. Which one should I start with?

The only Atlus games I've played are the early Disgaea games. How does it compare?
Not particularly what I'm looking for, although it is a fun game.
NOPE. I dedicated years of my life to that game back in the early 2000's. I'm not going back. All the custom maps are just Dota variants now. I miss Wintermaul.

I've logged many hours on Diablo 2. Good times, but it's not a path I want to retread.

I'm a sucker for M&M 3 myself

we have this thread at least once every weak, shi/tg/uys stop spamming

I feel you.

Dominions 4

Check Chaos Legion out. One of the best summoner games out there, even though your minions look more like animated armors than undead.

How about you do something about endless nintendo or straight up not video games threads, faggot?

Two more games to check out, thanks. I'll add them to my list.

Some of the Warband mods let you run an army of undead and even summon them from corpses on the go. Maybe not what you're looking for though.

I do love me some Mountain Blade. Do you know the names of the mods in question?

warlock 1 / 2
total warhammer

Not off the top of my head, I'm afraid, just what I've seen in the threads. I'm more into historical mods myself. I'd advise asking anons in the Warband thread.

I believe it's called Phantasy Calradia, the mod has some other magic stuff too. It's even possible to turn into a lich by fulfilling specific requirements if you're into that sort of thing.

the warhammer one had skellingtons.

It might well be Phantasy Calradia, after a quick google.

Try Age of Wonders.

As other anons said, Warsword Conquest lets you play as the undead faction with Egyptian skeleton warriors, and Phantasy Calradia lets you create an army of the undead as a lich.

All this in Warlords Battlecry 2

Total War : Warhammer.
Play Vampire Counts.

not an army, but D2

you can without too much trouble get 11 skeletons and skeleton mages and revive 28+ skeletons you killed and have them all fight for you at once

This game. This game 1000x times!

no not really, the only problem is finding people to play the right maps

Thank you everyone! I got a lot of fantastic-looking suggestions I can't wait to try out! In the meantime, please enjoy this webm, which, as per the usual, is only somewhat related.

the minutemen really put a stick in my spokes of building an undead army in that

Flambards? Why? I would expect a two-handed one, but still somebody was making and using them.

How about games where you can fuck the undead?

VtMB.

For ritual sacrifice and ceremonial use, only. Everything from said ritualst to wall hangers, to decorations to denote you're important.

oh boy i sure miss the same god damn map but with 70 variants where people lazily rename the towers to characters from [insert other entertainment medium here]. yes i really miss that map taking up 90% of the games

It's time to stop Dave.

how the fuck is chaos legion not dmc combined with lament of innocence?
nigga wat?
you did not play this nor even see a video

Was that one ceremonial, or in practical use?
nerdofwar.tumblr.com/post/61213451512/art-of-swords-two-handed-sword-dated-16th

Or this one:
art-of-swords.tumblr.com/post/19517794039/the-flame-bladed-sword-one-of-my-favorite-swords

Wesnoth.

www.wesnoth.org

You do realize that the archeological term "ceremonial" more often than not means "we really have no fucking idea" righ?

Fucking site ate my t

is there a good way to get this running on pc?

Wintermaul, Line Tower Wars, Infinitower, Ice Crown, FFRPG, Farmer Vs. Hunter. I miss all of these and more.

Dank ass fucking game, plus you can play as a necromancer for even more undead.

How was overlord so disappointing? How did it go from spooky scary skeletons with plans of dominating the world to generic fantasy harem shit SO QUICKLY.

Total war warhammer has a faction that summons undead armies

Too bad that you can't play as them

You should've bought the special edition, goy.

this is what i was talking about

It's written by the japs. That's pretty much how all fantasy fiction works over there. Generic harem shit's in big right now thanks to garbage like Sword Art.

Warlords Battlecry 2 and 3 2 may in fact be better

you can pick an undead faction and raise undead using magic
etheria.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancer
etheria.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancy

I miss real life[for morons]

I second this

reminder that chaos legion is a capcom game

it was released for windows

Is that what it turns into? I've only watched the chinese cartoon and keep putting off reading the LN.

Don't read the LN.
So after the anime ends, basically there is no overarching plot anymore.
They completely give up, all ainz fights become him putting worse and worse handicaps on himself because the author doesn't know how to handle it.

The volume after the anime ends focuses on lizardmen for the entire volume, where Ainz just shows up at the end and enslaves them and they're never mentioned again outside of throwaway lines.
They just go full fuck it and items now randomly do whatever the plot needs them to do. "The goblin horn summoned 200+ goblins because… conditions were met… OKAY IT'S NOT BECAUSE I WROTE MYSELF IN THE CORNER"

The kingdom place gets taken over by Ainz, after 3 volumes dedicated to the politics of the kingdom all of which doesn't matter because Ainz takes it over in 2 lines.

It's basically the author has no fucking clue what to do, and he's just scrambling and failing to make a plot at all so a good 99% of each volume doesn't matter.

As someone who just finished the anime, this greatly disappoints me.

It's like you faggots don't want to murder enemies and look fabulous while doing it!

I always wanted to play this ame, but there aren't any torrents for it, except for some shitty version from 2014

Just kill me already

Nigger you're right about the Lizardmen and the lack of real plot, but the goblin horn? It's pretty carefully explained. And Ainz never takes over the Kingdom, he takes E-rantel and that's literally it.

just got this game on gog, hope its good

I was going to give answers until I read
and realized you're a faggot

You lied to me

You could always play Conquest of Elysium.

Checking it out now

Just Kill Me Already

Volume 10 when?

this looks cool, why did it die?

They couldn't get the AI to work correctly and since it was a small team life happened and now it's only one guy supposedly still trying to salvage it. If it ever gets released it'll be a barely running game with bare bones AI

the solution to things like this is usually make it open source so some dedicated autismos can figure it out for you, but I'm guessing they won't do that for money reasons

11 already out

Wait, is it dead? Are you sure, user?

I didn't know it went down to one guy. God dammit.

Oh shit, I haven't kept up with this series for way too long
Is vol 11 translated?

Yeah
overlordvolume10.blogspot.ca/

You can read it here.

jesus christ

We will keep posting until something fills the void
Nothing will ever fill the void

What works, works, right?

How did you not just look at the UI for a second and notice the "morph to wight" button when you have skellymans selected?

In any case, for all your ludicrous skellyspam needs just pirate the latest Dominions games and load up a game as undead Rome. It's fun at first just stomping the AI with huge amounts of zombies and skeletons backed up by a few undead knights and necromancers, but in the late game you will feel the pain of having to actually move all the armies you have. Better to play on medium sized maps to avoid late game fatigue.

There are no torrents for Dominions 4, except for a torrent that hasn't been updated since 2014.

What the fuck? Who does this shit?

Trust me that the newest version is better.

There is no newest version. And apparently the anti-cheat shite the devs pulled has been in since 4.03a.

in my defense, I glanced at the buttons and thought it was more of the "patrol/defend/stop" movement actions that I didn't really need to pay attention to. But I remember earlier seeing the morph to wight button so I really have no excuse

I've tried to play dominions 4 before and it felt weird. Like it was hard to have fun and felt tedious instead. Maybe I was playing it wrong but I don't usually like games like civilization.

Thanks.

Oh wow, it's been a long time since I thought about that map.