'Deadpool' Director Shifts to Sony's 'Sonic the Hedgehog' Movie

Who ready for a Dark & Edgy sonic movie in the style of power Rangers 2017?
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-director-tim-miller-developing-sonic-hedgehog-movie-sony-942661

Nothing beats OVA still.

Good taste

Why are vidya movies making a comeback?
Did everybody forget the 90's?

I remember joking about this in the klonoa movie thread.
I didn't think someone would seriously do this.
Guess I'll pirate it in any case.

fucking degenerate

Fuck you, Drive was great. Mach is still best secondary.

The first thing you do is that you do not do that.
The 2nd thing you do is make it an animated movie.
That would however be really surprising in this day and age.
I was afraid of that.
This is going to be like Garfield, The Smurfs or the Chipmunk movies at worst.
It will center around Sonic helping a human child, that much I am sure.
A movie audience can't relate to a talking blue anthropomorphic CG hedgehog.
I just realized they're not making a Sonic movie.
They're going to make a Sonic X movie.
At best the human child and his ethnic and female friend will help The Autobots Sonic & the rest stop the Decepticons Dr.Robotnic Dr.Eggman but most importantly his legion of CG robots.

What?

Could be worse. They could just repurpose the entire Casshern live-action movie, but with Sonic characters.

If it's gonna be gritty or some shit I hope it's SA2 gritty where it feels like a direct-to-VHS, incredibly fucking cheesy cyberpunk action film. Seriously I can't be the only one who felt like SA2 felt like some over the top cyberpunk movie from the 90's that was trying a little too hard to be badass.

Shit was magical and I actually love it unironically.

I'm fine with it being more upbeat though, too. While I'm not in the mood for a soulless modern CGI movie with pop music and forced feels, I think something lighthearted with a more Sonic Heroes tone could be cool, too. I just don't want anything to go as far as Lost World, really. Holy fuck Lost World had some abysmal writing flaws

Is it wrong that the Deadpool movie is one of the few Marvel capeshit I liked? The other was GotG.

I meant Marvel capeshit made in this current decade.

Probably because it was made as an apology for how Deadpool was portrayed in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Directed by Christopher Nolan

Why

see episode 1 of Sonic X
you'll understand completely.

But the entire run of Gokaiger was one great fucking gimmick you double nigger. It doesn't mean it was a bad show by the way

Are you being sarcastic? An audience can relate to any character.

Is it going to be like the 2006 game? i hope they put in songs too.

I still remember when this style of special effects were considered jaw-droppingly awesome. It just looks so cheesy now.

Not true.
Take my sister for instance, she likes the live action Resident Evil movies but won't even give the CG ones the time of day even though they're much better films, all because CG.
Though I think it may have something to do with the fact that she was traumatised by RE1 during her early teens.

Can doesn't mean they will, but as a rule it's stupid to say that people won't relate to a character.
A character starts being a character when they have human aspects that define them, and by then someone will be able to relate to them. Even if they look like a cereal box mascot.

Just how much people will relate to them depends on the execution, obviously.

Is this one if those retarded executives who shove child characters into every fiction production because they think children can only relate to children?
All of your productions are fucking garbage.

If audiences of all ages can find a good protagonist in Shrek, why the fuck not Sonic the Hedgehog?
Just imagine if shrek had some pointless little boy character following along the whole time because some retard like you demanded it.
Jesus, just fucking shoot yourself.

Raúl Juliá as Bison is still the best movie depiction of a video game character over 20 years later. If the movie was entirely about him it would have been the best video game movie of all time. We'd be lucky to get mid 90's quality nowadays.

The audience that wants a live action Sonic movie would love this.

That Casshern movie had so much potential, I remember being blown away when the trailer came out thinking this was going to be the next FF7 or a new flawed classic like Gunhed(which heavily influenced Terminator 2, James Cameron is a massive weeb who owns the rights for Battle Angel Alita). Instead it's slow paced forgettable garbage that the fans of the original hate.

Because comic movies are getting bigger and bigger so they're thinking they can do the same games, failing to realize why they almost always botch.

Which is to say games are interactive and can provide as many hours of entertainment as they want while movies tend to have to stuff everything in around 2 hours.

Also they're expecting brand recognition to do most the legwork in getting asses in seats and don't try too hard with them.

Why don't developers just do their own movies?

It seems like the bigger studios would have enough cash and credit to fund their own films.

Why do they always reach out to mediocre directors that don't really care about the project?

Myst is the perfect example of a wealthy successful developer who wanted to make his own movie based on the game and could afford it. The results are so depressing I won't look it up or post links here.

The guy was strung along and almost lost everything to kikes in Hollywood for just trying to make a movie. He wasn't part of the chosen tribe and was fair game to be fucked over.

People still doubt Hollywood won't do a gritty reboot of something? Look at the trailer for OW OW edgy rangers. It's literally the dark & gritty reboot people make joke so about.

I bet you like fourze faggot.

No, but a new generation of underage is here and they never saw the 90s while being even gooder goyim

Edgy, maybe, but dark is retarded.

I just finished Kabuto. Is Ghost worth it or I shoukd go to Wizard instead?

Ghost is shit.
Seriously.
Nobody wants to see a teenager fixing things with hugs for 49 episodes, with a retarded plot that goes all over the place with massive holes in between.
Wizard is also shit.
The worst Kamen Rider series are those that used to have some kind of amazing potential but never delivered, like 555, Kiva, Wizard, and Ghost.

So which one should I watch next? I was thinking about original.