Did you play Castlevania this Halloween, Holla Forums?

Did you play Castlevania this Halloween, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

castlevaniaboardgame.com
youtube.com/watch?v=WW0fSo7P7CE
youtube.com/watch?v=X49jZM8_GGY
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6007
github.com/dgm3333/mc2mt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I did. I played Harmony of Despair online with some friends

Of course, played through 3 during breaks at college on my vita.

I like Castlevania 3 more then any other game in the series and I don't know why, I always feel up to playing it.

Why do you talk to Holla Forums like it's a person?

"Holla Forums" is an internet website, it is not a human

It's trying to sound directed at you by name without actually saying your name, you're a Holla Forums user so he's addressing you as Holla Forums.

Don't look too much into it.

At this point i don't even know if this is bait anymore

I played a Castlevania board game. Does that count?

Did you have fun?

How would that work?

I would've had more fun if some my friends weren't idiots.

Surprisingly well.
castlevaniaboardgame.com

I played a little bit of Spectral Interlude. It gets the classic Castlevania feel right except for one thing. It's too chatty.

That's too bad. I've never even heard of this. I'll have to give this game a shot.

I beat a Castlevania clone, does that count?

I didn't but you gave me a great idea.

Not entirely on topic, but why did some older games use "REST" to denote the players' remaining lives?

I'm trying to build Dracula's broken tower in DQB does that count? Trying to corral werewolves and zombies into feeding pits.

I decided to give the Lords of Shadow trilogy a shot.
What the fuck is up with Mirror of Fate

I sucked dick

faggot

I like how Vampire Killer has some Turkish influence in its melody. Makes sense because of Transylvania's historical relationship with the Ottoman Empire.

So you played an Igavania then.

No. I made a Castlevania.
currently designing bosses and uniques. It's hard because Minecraft's combat sucks
But the exploration part is still acceptable.

It does? It sounds pretty western to me. From what I hear it sounds like the natural minor scale too.

I'm twice the v you are, faggot.

To keep the thread alive and kicking while I go to work I'd get the ball rolling.

Post the best Castlevania music and arranges you can find.

On another note, would you like to have a save room with a bigass sign on it or without so you need to find out on your own?

have you made a whip-weapon and candles that Spill hearts and Special weapons yet?

Yes, In fact I beat it twice within an hour.

I played simon's quest and liked it

Nah, I played Splatterhouse instead.

Candles confirmed.
Vampire Killer confirmed only if you find it.
Hearts… not from candles. There will probably be MAX HP boosters like in CotM

Fuck, I didn't. How could I forget?

Edited some Castlevania texture pack into a slightly more HD version for candles and doors.
Vampire killer still remains the same, sadly.

Looks pretty good, user.

Thanks. Still fixing stuff here and there.

Also thread's pretty dead. Post music.
youtube.com/watch?v=WW0fSo7P7CE

Bump

I did not, I did manage to consistently 1cc the first loop of the first game earlier in october though

I streamed Super Castlevania IV

and also
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Ghosts n Goblins
Zombies at my Neighbors

But no Decap Attack?

Anyone have the c64 prologue remix from vid related?

Since thread is dying, I'll bump with an update of what I've got.

Things I've got confirmed:
>Metroidvania-like skills but can clear the game without them
>the Ferryman
>Plenty of item references to other games and horror stories which I hope won't be too much "in your face xD"

So who's read the diary of Angry Sir Rolfe?

Is it just me or is this game incredibly hard? I retried level 6 at least 20 times, and I swear, if it wasn't for the fact that I can't change my jump direction the game would be 3x easier.

This game is beating me.

g…guys? anyone here?

>Not minetest
C'mon user.

didn't exist when I started
3-4 years ago

You have two options
1: git gud
2: picl Alucard and wreck everyone's shit.
3:you have a special skill that rapes bosses like cerberus or arremer.
Are you playing the demo?
I've been looking forthe full game everywhere.

Wtf are you smoking?

You actually can, keep the jump button held down and try changing directions.

My bad. I thought you meant this fangame.

youtube.com/watch?v=X49jZM8_GGY

I didn't have much problems with Dracula X until I got to Dracula. Fuck that fight.

On another note, I'm planning to add my own music to the game, but perhaps it would be better to recycle music from older castlevania games, since that's major QUALITY I can't possibly compete with.

What do you guys suggest?
Custom music or Original music?

Threadly reminder that one of the two reasons why LOS2 was rushed was because the writing department was getting too edgy

The word you're looking for is PERSON you pozzed millennial faggot.

That was cringeworthy. Castlevania was never a game with a 3deep story but that was donte may cry tier.

Nice double dubs, but it wasn't THAT bad

WHY THE FUCK DID HE TURN INTO A GIANT IT MADE NO FUCKING SENSE!!?!111

So I want to get something straight about LoS's story.
So good old gabe is suckered by Zobek to get the god mask, by being told the mask can revive his mask.
So he goes on his journey to kill the lords of shadow, meanwhile thinking of himself as a monster and a beast even though the only people he killed were monsters and beasts and that one qt telepathic who let him kill her because she knew where it was heading to(salvation of the human race).
Then during the fight with Satan there's this cutscene where Gabriel seems to be finally at peace with his wife's death and determined to finish his mission at any cost and having regained his faith, is ready to fight Satan. Then not one fucking cutscene later surprise surprise the god mask can do jack diddly shit to dead bodies besides make them "look" alive, and even though his wife tells him what a saint and a hero he is the fuckhead's still crying and cursing God and that eventually turns into his hatred during the DLC and later games.
What I want to know is what retard thought this made ANY sense?

I always thought it was more the dlc part. He still had some hope it might work throughout the game, so finding out it doesn't is still a blow. But at least when he dies he can be with her, right? Nope now he has to save the world again by becoming a super powered vampire who will probably never die. Then while you're still getting over never seeing your wife again this reasonably skilled human tries to kill him, and, being immortal doesn't succeed. Then with his last breaths he reveals he was indoctrinated by the brotherhood to kill his father. THEN he loses his shit

I can't think of a single thing worse than this.
No, scratch that. Vid related.

>She died before he got back Technically

No, I played Pac-Man instead. I was out, and only brought my GBA with me. Castlevania was on my DS.

Apparently there's at least two map converters, but the first one is old and the second one is totally undocumented. forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6007
github.com/dgm3333/mc2mt
You'd probably have to redo all those little details though, including the custom textures.

Now I want to play Pac-Man.

hey nice dubs friendo

video games get
i'm okay with this

Is Lords of Shadow 2 worth playing if I somewhat enjoyed the first one and really hated MoF?

Nice zeroes.

very nice. no memes or faggotry, just video games on Holla Forums

I'll first finish the minecraft map and DLC castle with NPCs, bosses and little details and then I may port it to Minetest, if I have time. Also checked.