Ever play a PC game and you have to google a solution to a bug or isolated issue keeping you from playing it...

Ever play a PC game and you have to google a solution to a bug or isolated issue keeping you from playing it? Here's some tips and tricks

The following have never solved an isolated video game issue for anyone:

The following people can immediately be disregarded if:

In fact, any time they don't immediately respond with the direct solution, they can be written off.

Shit thread, but nice dubs.

works on my machineā„¢

That one actually was necessary for me to play BF2 back in the day. By necessary I mean I had to do it every time before I joined a server or the game would crash.

I remember playing a game somewhat recently that had this problem, I can't remember what right now though.

That can fix issues related to mouse control and "frame lag". I think I recall one of the Dead Space games having the mouse issue but I'm not sure.

So many games prior to 2010. I don't think I've seen this solution work in a while though,

Common suggestion, rare that it does anything but it does happen.

If it upsets you you can go to another thread.

Second monitor issue was Battle Realms. Ignore that post I deleted that was stupid.

What kind of autistic passive agrressive thread is this?

can I have you restart the motor on your computer?

Works for a few BSoDs and crashes I've had in the past
Worked for me in Minetest
Works for some games that need to read/write data but can't for some reason.
Doesn't always work, but older XP or Win2000 games benefit from this, usually. Blood Omen 2 is literally unplayable these days without it

Started to legitimately respond until I got to the 5th point. Clearly you're retarded or baiting.

I hate to use an old meme, but
ACTUALLY
changing physx setting, turning ON vsync (60) because I always turn it off and going into the .ini and changing a whole bunch of reflection and draw distance settings made it possible for me to play arkham knight without stalling or crashing. So fuck you, op.

Some games have specific code or hex-editing that needs to be done. I'd rather spend time perfecting my skills in Java or working on a project than figuring out specific data on a video game that my solutions may or may not fix.

Compatibility mode usually doesn't work. Sorry it made you angry

Are we taking back rage faces?

It works for some games on some operating systems. OS compatibility is less of an issue on newer-old games and on older-old games you run into problems with hardware compatibility. You have to be in that sweet spot where your hardware can run a game but it's too old for your OS, which is less and less likely as the years go on.

Son, it's my experience vs your experience and considering that list of pish that you presented, your experience is null and void. At the very least it suggests that you only ever play modern games. which are shit

meh

I play DOS-era, Commodore PET, Win95, and late 90s games along with some good modern games like Men of War AS and Project Reality.

I usually run the game on a virtual box or DOS-box anyway, so I inherently don't have issues.

Next you fuckers will tell me demotivationals are in vogue again.

*virtual machine

Christ

user, the point of my post was that OP is and always will be in a perpetual atmosphere of faggism.

Bait thread it is.

Max Payne 1 and 2 require compatibility mode if you have an AMD card.

this whole thing is bait

No, it isn't. Calm down will ya?

Hello poojeet, please stop shitting on our board.

It would be fun to see the media crying about Trump-related rage comics, but I doubt we'll ever get to that stage.

Enjoy your ban, shitposting faggot.

every single one of those fixes helped me sometime, fuck you op you clueless faggot

You're fucking retarded.

Some of those will solve certain issues:

Others will help with performance issues but not specific bugs:

Not directly related but BIOS updates have been necessary to fix issues with some shitty AMD CPUs in the past, iirc the Bulldozer:

Finally:
Relevant for a variety of factors. There are plenty of issues specific to one version of Windows.
Do you have any idea what log files are for? If someone asks me for a log file to diagnose why SoC is crashing it's fucking relevant.

Look guys, obviously they're not completely useless and will work in certain circumstances, the problem is when people throw them out there wildly and are not able to properly diagnose the issue. This leads to recommending what I listed when it is not relevant to the problem.

9/10 the solution is a straight shot, and I find this to be the case in my IT job as well. Customers appreciate it a lot more as well.

Can we just ban this lying/baiting faggot already?

le OP wants upvotes to increase his account karma

>The following have never solved an isolated video game issue for anyone
Never: at no time in the past or future; not ever.

Asking for OS version is relevant again because there's a lot of retards with Windows 10 now. Guess what OS breaks a ton of games?

Dead diary, today OP was a humungous faggot.

Also asking for a log file is not wildly throwing something out there it's fucking standard practice. I realise that being 'Mike' from New Delhi London means you just run through a standard list of responses when someone phones you up for help but logs are useful when diagnosing problems.

It's like wanting a solution without saying what the problem is.

Wrong.

farcry 4 doesnt work if you have a gamepad plugged in if youre on windows 7. scripts just arent executed or something silly

Could be worse.

but that one does fix Mirror's Edge

what the fuck is this thread about?

Already answered in another thread

Nigga, get it straight. Your coffee is out of flavor and flat as fuck.

It's just op stating his love for massive dragon cock.

[ACTIVATED]

This has actually got a number of games that either crash or had serious performance issues working for me.