bunkermag.org/mr-engels-canadian-journey-alienation/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ViUMElnlZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Nice article.

But why use your real name?

That was very nice, ver literary

Let's try something different for a bit and see if it works.

In order to give better exposure to articles that are of quality and to encourage additional contributors, the thread for this article and any that follow for new Bunkermag articles will get a 24 hour sticky.

Nobody in their right mind takes bunkermag seriously thanks to pic related.

stop sucking eachother's cock and set a 15 minute limit for making a thread

who cares?

this is literally impossible with the board software

I worked in a small grocer and currently work in a large retail chain and can identify with a lot of this.
That ending though, I remember hearing about that shit. Sad shit man.

I like this article, really.

Can we maybe get a dedicated thread for Bunkermag? Or at least a place to drop some criticisms of the place?

I don't think that having shit like 'Gulag of the Week' as one of our categories looks very good when we don't actually have a Gulag of the week 90% of the time.

Also, the Uncategorized Category should be removed from the page, it just looks unprofessional having it there.

As for the Network area, I'm sure it would do us some good not to just have Xexizy there: I'm positive that there are other leftypol youtubers and bloggers that would love to be featured there on that tab, and so on.

Might even be a good idea to have a private discord for all of the people who might ever want to do an article or something, so that they can converse with other people as a sort of peer review and not have shit like anime posting and high-school level articles. Things like spelling and grammar errors are unacceptable, and a lot of the articles look like they were made just because people wanted to feel like they contributed: it's like they did the article the night before 'it was due'. It's ridiculous.

Those are just my thoughts, though: this article was great.

bump

Engels knew his stuff

All of those are great ideas. Unfortunately, to do most of that stuff I'd have to get in touch with the sitedev. I'll send an email but there's no guarantees.

this is actually really good
the only problems i found were a few grammatical errors and some weird word choice problems
"i think his name was named dean"

Good article. Very solid, I liked the story and the point of how alienating the work was and zizeks modern father analogy in regards to overtime
Just the one typo that I saw ( his name was named Dean) and three one tangent about desiring the candy bars was kind of weird

Ah, but what if the opposite is true? What if the act of desiring in the context of capitalism is so normal that were one to point out the perfectly mundane that it in fact becomes "weird?" Rather, isn't it not the irregular that strikes us as weird, but the common when it is suddenly brought to our attention? For instance: there is a joke where a man is going through a mall and he sees on an escalator the sign saying "Out of Order." However, in realizing that the escalator is stopped its utility has not vanished, instead becoming only stairs. In reality, such a device can never be "out of order" because the material use of such a thing can never be impeded and so on.

wait wait wait wait
you seriously believe everything you read?
and i thought Holla Forums was the retarded, conspiracy, /x/ fuck me side ways type of guy.

Hard hitting stuff. I'll definitely have to think on this.

Did you read any of the article, at all? What part of this article seemed in any way unbelievable, or divorced from the reality of modern labor? There was no conspiracy to be had here, this is just a normal story of a guy's experience in his work place, but with the twist of how it relates to alienation and the like.

There is seriously nothing strange about this story in the slightest: if it was told any other way, one might even consider it mundane. This is what makes this article great: we normalize this kind of behavior and such in the workplace environment, and it is not until we look back that we see the absurdity of the situation we are in.

Fuck off slavoj

what if he is actually slavoj and you scare him away from Holla Forums

Slavoj can not be scared
He is our fearless champion

It's not weird. I went through the same damn thing whenever I had to fill the confectionery aisle. I don't eat the stuff and don't think about it otherwise.

I think this would have scared him off already

youtube.com/watch?v=0ViUMElnlZs

Damn is this fanfic