Were there ever any "remasters" or remakes this current generation of consoles that actually looked significantly...

Were there ever any "remasters" or remakes this current generation of consoles that actually looked significantly better than their last gen counterparts? The only one that comes to mind is the recent CoD4 port but even then they fucked that over by giving it a 90gb filesize

Skyrim remaster. Literally enb attached and that's it.

halo 1-3 look much better, but honestly I think the new look is too cluttered and I like the non-hd versions better

The only difference with Halo 3 is just 1080p/60fps, some better shadows, and that's it.

Ocarina of Time 3D and Majoras Mask 3D looks significantly better and runs at a solid 30fps
Wind Waker HD just adds a bunch of bloom and raises the resolution of the textures
Twilight Princess HD hardly looks any fucking different at all

Halo Anniversary looks great

Skyrim Remastered has significantly better shaders, lighting effects, and texture resolution. But none of that matters because "mods still make it look better" or some autistic whatnot

The better question is:
Is this the Remaster Gen?
Theres nothing but this garbage nowadays besides no games.
If only most of these were from good games along with the remakes I wouldnt be complaining.

It also just reinforces the fact that these shit companies cant make anything new and good.

Yes.

>>>/reddit/

I think the old Modern Warfare looks better than the newer one, not to mention you would have to have god internet to download that 90gb filesize in a reasonable amount of time.

tfw max download speed is 180kb/s

what.

I'm not saying it doesn't but it's one of the few games I can think of right now where a port on new hardware made it look significantly better than the original instead of looking the same but running at a higher resolution or framerate. Taking up 90gb is bullshit but it's better than the new Bioshock "remaster" where it barely looked any different and took up 25gb.

Listen man, I really like me some volumetric lighting too, and the shadows definitely look better than the blocky shit that Skyrim 1 had, but it's not vastly different, nigger. Modded Skyrim 1 actually did look better, but I'll let you keep sucking Bethesda's cock.

not to mention all the mods are busted on skyrim, so I cant have my sex mods on it yet. And I doubt it will have any of those types of mods for a good month.

If bethesda had a brain they would have given early copies of SE and the SE Creation kit to modders, instead of being fuck wits.

Yeah…As well, instead of fixing a lot of bugs, making the gameplay better, or adding new content, Bethesda just adds an ENB shader and calls it a day. I can't complain because I got this shit for free, but it's ignorant to act like this is some gigantic positive change.

They did to about 10 or so at the start of October. Then they handed out more beta keys to another 50 about a week ago.

It's really a matter of figuring out what they fucked up this time and having the utility programmers sort things out. Right now, a lot of custom models I had in the original TES5 are busted in SE because it's so finicky about what's now tolerated by the modified graphics engine. Give it a few more months for shit to be sorted out as was the case with Skyrim in 2011.

(checked)
I have gotten about 10 genuinely good games this gen that aren't remasters.
But goddamn there are so many remasters right now that are pretty fucking pointless

well thats strange, since most of the mods simply would take opening them up in creation kit and then saving them thus reformating them right? The only mods that would require alot of effort would be ones such as SKSE and one that change the environment since bethesda changed the clutter and position of almost everything, and the water effects being different.

Yeah, saving a plug-in and calling it a day will be what most people will have to worry about. But if a mod has some new user made models packed in, there's the off chance it can't be ported without fixing a few things first.

I'm leaning towards modellers cutting corners with Skyrim since it was more lenient compared to SE with its rendering. SE compressed all of the original Skyrim models and are now using a standard closer to Fallout 4's.

Not to mention that the IW/CoD:Remaster has a price-tag of $80, which is only $20 more than what they'd be otherwise charging for just IW alone.

So the CoD remake is effectively being sold for only $20, whereas Skyrim Special Edition is basically selling the exact same game as last gen but at full retail price. Those are some expensive fucking shaders, son.

And to top it off… Skyrim "Remaster" was originally never meant to be an actual game - it was just pre-production trash left over from the development of FO4. 90% of it's entire development costs were already covered by FO4's R&D budget. They just ran the shitty 512 upscaled textures from the HD pack through another upscaling batch process, tweaked the shaders, and called it a day.

It takes some truly next-level Jewish mastery to make Activision and Call of Duty to come out smelling like a fucking rose in this scenario.

Last of Us Remastered has nice wet sand. Thats about it

Maybe I'd actually give a shit about remasters if they all stopped shoehorning obnoxious bloom shaders and desaturating colors for the sake of photorealism. Everything looks plastic-y and contrasts with the few realistic garnishes that they get right (in a bad way).

That's a pretty big deal.

Pic related is objectively the best HD remake of the current gen.

It looks so fucking washed out

How the fuck do you even manage that? That's almost impressive.

I thought Skyrim improved it's graphics. They even made it sound nicer, and it was free. Todd is a pretty cool guy

Perfect Dark.

Runs like shit though. Now they charge people 40 bucks.

My real problem is the lack of any real difference between the original and the remasters, I'd be fine if we'd be getting new content or something to go along with the "remaster" other than a new coat of paint. It seems every couple of months I get a new "X GAME REMASTERED" in my library because I owned the original, not only have they not changed a damn thing about the game for the better, graphically or content wise, more often than not it's made WORSE, horrible performance, tons of bugs that weren't in the original, and a brand new 60 dollar price tag for the saps that didn't buy the game originally

the Bioshock 1 and 2 remasters come to mind, what a fucking pointless piece of shit that was, they didn't even port Bioshock 2's multiplayer, sealing its fate to be forever dead even more than it already was

Probably, given it's literally making the same game again, just with some bloom, model and lighting improvements. In a technical sense, does take some work, but from a design view? Pure laziness, but people will eat it up regardless.

I'd be a bit behind all this remake shit more if they restored cut content and added new features, but that's not likely going to happen.

uncompressed dubbing in 11 languages

I'm sure giving pedro or a cuckbec player fucking camel speak is something they truly need.