When you get down into the deep autism of it, how does the proprietary sony emulator compare to the ones on PC?

When you get down into the deep autism of it, how does the proprietary sony emulator compare to the ones on PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=ps1 isos
don't
lmgtfy.com/?q=why the fuck lmgtfy is using mac browser
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It blows PC emulation out of the water, to be sure (even PS1 emulation is a bit iffy on PC), but the trade off is that you have to pay for games you probably already own. Fuck that.

in what ways is it iffy? i know the draw methods used aren't the same as native ones, but the games look the same to me using mednafen

Which one? There's several I can think of off the top of my head (POPS, Xperia play, PS3, PSP).

still not as good as the original hardware. Emulation is a novel alternative, but it's just that, novel.

PS1 isos where?

lmgtfy.com/?q=ps1 isos

Go to the emulation thread, there's a shitton. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, try the Sshare Thread.

It has some issues here and there

The PSP's emulator was damn near perfect

The PS3's emulator was okay. It was good with some games but with others it either lagged in a lot of places or had other issues. A good example is how in parts of Spyro 1 the game would legit lag and it always confused me when I compared it to playing it on the PS1.

There were other issues though that annoyed me more like how if a game was digital only (like the original Tomb Raider and Crash Bandicoot) and didn't support analog. You couldn't map the sticks to digital like you could on the PS1. (Where the analog sticks just functioned as the Dpad) this still annoys me to this day since I remember playing a lot of games solely with the analog stick and now I have to use the Dpad with them.

It's not a perfect emulator but it's far better than a lot of fanmade emulators (aside from Android/PC since epsxe is pretty good).

If you just want to play PS1 games on your television with your friends you can't really go wrong with the PS3's emulation but if you want something that feels as close to the original as possible it's better to use epsxe.

What do you think?

why do emulatorfags peddle this tripe?

I said as close to the original as possible. I didn't say indistinguishable.

Emulation isn't perfect but if you're not an absolute stingy purist it's a viable way to play a game. Especially if you're like me and don't have space for 20 consoles on your shelf

Depends on which.

The PS2 one is shit for the most part, and before you ask it's the only way to load PS1 games from the HDD so that's why people even consider using it at all.

PSP one isn't flawless but it's the best of the bunch, has issues with multitrack games though (especially ones with CDDA audio which you have to track down a specific version of the emulator), most compatibility lists list are outdated as fuck and use reports by retards who can't into shit.

PS3 is ok mostly because it's plug and play, if you're really autistic about stuff you might notice a few things but otherwise it works, don't play SH on it (sounds will randomly go into an earrape-tier buzzing without warning very rarely)

Dunno about the other official ones, but all of the above are inferior to mednafen in terms of accuracy but you don't get as much input lag, ePSXe would have been a decent choice too were it not for the atrocious SPU emulation, PCSXR is only for those who want the increased internal rendering and graphic "improvement" shit.
If you're emulating on PC and not using any of those you're doing it wrong, yes that includes you XEBRAfags.

Mednafen is superior to ePSXe as far as accuracy and compatibility go.

Mednafen and the new EPSXE are both much much more accurate than the Sony one according to tests.

wrong

They trade blows with the new version of ePSXe. I still prefer mednafen (retroarch fork) but it really doesn't matter at this point unless you need some specific cycle accuracy feature.

Basically both are so near perfect, only an autist is really able to tell them apart.

Mednafen is for nerds. Sorry I have a life to be tinkering with that shit and besides it doesn't even have HD graphics.

emuparadise

You're supposed to use a front end with mednafen if you aren't Holla Forums
good

All frontends suck ass

Then get used to the command line. It's that simple.
OpenEMU is objectively the best.

don't use link shorteners.com/zafltr3
It is gay.

lmgtfy.com/?q=why the fuck lmgtfy is using mac browser
Thanks for spoiling my joke Hotwheels.

Yeah, that's how the PS1 works. You can not map the analogue sticks for games that were d-pad only. You are remembering shit wrong.

Source: I just tested it on the PSone sitting in front of me.

Hail Satan, for he is correct. Also if a game does support analog sticks, it's kinda frustrating to have to go into the menu and adjust the controller to analog. Honestly the biggest reason I stopped using my PS3 for PSX games despite being convenient that I could just put my disc in and play.

yeah thanks

I think you need to kill yourself

It is the best piece of software in its category.