In little under three weeks it'll be HL2's twelfth anniversary

What was the goal of the Combine?
What happened to a lot of the pre-7 hour war technology? Some of it clearly survived as Black Mesa East still have teleportation devices and Aperture Science's Borealis still exists.
What does G-man want?
Why do the Vortigaunts know who G-man is?
Why did the Combine capture the Advisors?
Where do the Advisors come from?
What do the Combine look like?
What actually are the Combine?

I will never let it go.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/m1kn1NCh
half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Resonance_Cascade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_black_hole
half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-Mass_Spectrometer
cms.web.cern.ch/tags/extra-dimensions
phys.org/news/2015-03-mini-black-holes-lhc-parallel.html
huffingtonpost.com/george-elerick/cern-scientist-reassures-_b_8411468.html
zmescience.com/science/cern-experiment-dimension-23845234/
search.cern.ch/Pages/WebResults.aspx?k=dimensions
search.cern.ch/Pages/WebResults.aspx?k=black hole
search-new.cern.ch/Pages/results.aspx?k=black hole
search-new.cern.ch/Pages/results.aspx?k=dimension
imdb.com/title/tt2548396/?ref_=cs_ov_tt
imdb.com/title/tt2697688/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shut the fuck up goy, just buy our hats and weapon skins and forget about our old games

NEVER
EVER

Valve doesn't care about video games anymore now that they have Steam, CS:GO, and Dota 2. It's going to be 2017 soon, 10 years after The Orange Box released, and nothing will come from Valve. It's depressing that they've went down this route when a long time ago they were seen as a god-tier dev studio.

I can answer all your questions with two words.
Shit writing.

I mean that's what happens when you replace half your staff with australians.

Things were different back then. I miss those days, now.

This, tbh.

The world is changing too much, and Valve can't hold onto its power forever. If you can reasonably expect to live another 40 years, you'll probably see the end of Valve, and the release of any details regarding HL3.

the combine are a shitty halo covenant rip-off but instead of an elaborate theology creating the hierarchy it's ???? and this is supposed to be interesting to you.

Does anyone really care about HL at all?

But HL2 was in development before Halo came out.

nigger, there are companies with less wealth and power than Valve that have lasted way longer than 60 years

Valve is a piece of shit company, don't get me wrong, but I doubt we'll ever live to see them die

nigger, there are companies with less wealth and power than Valve that have lasted way longer than 60 years

Valve is a piece of shit company, don't get me wrong, but I doubt we'll ever live to see them die

and the storyline went through a dozen revisions before halo had its sequel and the first game was already out for 2 years.

nigga Half-Life 2 wasn't even good, and the Episodes were worse. Why do you even want a third game if you know it's going to be shit?

its plausible
remember AOL?

people that gave a fuck about HL3 are already dead, OP, let go.

Valve is going to release HL3 by 2018, trust me my dad works there.

Its actually better that things remain unanswered, even if HL3 happened.

GMan works because hes mysterious. He seems to warp time and space. He is not human. He has his hand in everything's business. He is also working for someone.

How awful would it be if you had a clear answer to each of those things? There'd be nothing left to discuss. It'd be even worse if they did a poor job and called him God or something.

The suspense and fake mystery "story" Valve came up with would be ruined if they tried to explain it all. Plus, do the same people who made HL2 even work at Valve now? Does /v want a bunch of nu-males making HL3?

AOL is still a thing bro

Marc Laidlaw left, and he was the man behind the Half Life universe's story. At this point I don't think I even trust Valve to put out another Half Life game. The lack of closure is painful to the point of blueballs, but even the pain of hope is more bearable than the empty void of failure.

I thought Valve would surprise us with Half-Life 3 by making it a VR exclusive. To help sell the masses on VR headsets and help the HTC Vive.

Nigger the leaks and Raising the Bar disprove your point entirely.

It doesn't matter anymore. Half Life 3's chance has long, long since past. Valve never even started working on it. They have no ideas or creativity left. I don't care Half Life anymore and I don't care about Valve anymore.
Not that Valve has any intention of even starting development of HL3 right now anyway, unless they find somewhere to put a cash shop in a single player game.

They designed an episodic three part series, so if nothing else, somewhere out there are storyboards for the entire HL:ep3 story arc that tie up all loose ends.

At this point I'm more interested in Left 4 Dead 3; it's at least more likely to release than Half-life 3 is. Though, if what people have said about Valve's office structure I doubt either of them will ever come out.

pastebin.com/m1kn1NCh

Twelve years later and Half-Life 2 is still a piece of cinemaplay trash that ushered in a new age of cancer on the FPS genre.

Steam is too much of a cash cow. It will never be made.

I'd settle for freemans mind 2 though

Ross said it'll probably several years before he starts working on FM2.

I get it. You're trying to fit in.
Just don't do it by spouting absolute nonsense.
Blaming that shit on HL2 is retarded.

>Combine harvester
They are the ayylmaos here on earth who control the jews (Dr. Breen) and are here for resources and to harvest our souls
>Goverment-Man
The US secret government who's been making deals with the ayylmaos and jews as well.
They are the positive ayylmao forces trying to combat the negative ayylmaos on Earth and their pawns
The advisors are supposed to be the actual controllers of the ayylmao force, there is however some strife between different factions of advisors. They are called advisors because they advice "leaders" on Earth on how to rule.

THE COMBINE ARE THE ANNUNAKI/NIBIRUAN AYYLMAOS
THERE IS NO HALF LIFE THREE BECAUSE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PLAY THE FINAL PART IN THE COMING YEARS IN REAL LIFE

To combine/assimilate
Complete seizure of technology assets
Control
He is not of this world
Advisors are the ones who made Combine. They LEAD the Combine forces.
Space/another dimension.
Hungry hungry skeletons or Stalkers
Humans with Combine augments

Half-Life 1 is responsible, though.

To conquer and enslave everything.

He's an alien fighting against the Combine. He's using humans to wage a proxy war against his enemy.

So what's stopping a bunch of nerds just making a fan sequel to Half Life 2 and make the whole thing just a rip off of Eva?

Wouldn't Valve sue the fuck out of something like that unless they are allowed to make it into a paid mod.

I didn't see Black Mesa Source or all those source/goldsrc mods over the years get taken down

Were there even any mods that tried to continue the story after HL2:EP2?

Would play.

not that I know of. unless you count portal 2

I have taken your complaints and questions into consideration. Unfortunately, I must go to my Planet Cash.

OP you know full well that Half-life 3 would be an MMO with micro transactions if it came out today.

I liked Half-life. But single player story driven games are DYING. And Valve wants to maximise profits. There's no money in the Half-life 3 you want.

Remember what happened to Knights of the old Republic? Just let it go.

The first Half-life came out in 1998. How many gamers of today even played it?

Nothing, he is there as a 2deep4u gag character
Same reason as above

Well, this op at least knows something about half life. The people on other boards asking for hl3 usually didn't even play hl1.

I was once waiting for it too, but by now I don't want it anymore. Valve has changed. Current Valve would totally fuck it up and ruin the series. You either die a hero….

HL2 wasn't that good of a game though. Most people don't really talk about the gameplay when mentioning it, but the characters, plot and mystery surrounding it.

Well I personally prefer hl1 over it anyway. I played through hl2 once and hardly even remember it. Half Life 1 simply felt warmer to me. Going around the map, hitting switches and shit like that. I just loved that gameplay. Half Life 2 was to much driving and shit like that.

Also the multiplayer. Almost nobody talks about it but I think hl1 online was pretty decent if you modded the shit out of it. Servers that only allowed Shotgun, Gaussgun, Crossbow and Rocket Launcher were fun as fuck. It felt like insta gib in ut but faster.

Talking about Valve, whatever happened to Source 2 engine?

The gameplay was just fine.

The words of a parrot.

Same. HL1 is way more memorable, while HL2 is mostly a blur punctuated with a few cool setpieces.

That being said, I really did like the parts of Episode 2 where you are driving around with the car and exploring abandoned villages, the atmosphere really hit me there. Wish someone could make an open world game like that.

Guns were underpowered, enemies weren't nearly as fun as in HL1 and lacked much variety, you mostly fought Combine troopers and the odd zombie/headcrab.

Probably just their usual attempt to hype things, I have yet to see a single demonstration of the engine beyond "lol look at these cool textures"

Didn't they use it recently for something? Was it for Dota or was that Vulkan?

DOTA2 runs on Source 2.

And what changes has that resulted in?

Supports newer graphic APIs among other shit.

I mean, as in changes that aren't simply to do with graphics, since pretty much any engine can be updated with that.

Because making a new engine is a trivial thing, innit? Jackass.

Why the sudden butthurt backlash? You don't need to write an entirely new engine to improve graphics and graphics support, meaning that there should be more reason for it other than making slightly more detailed lighting effects, making my question perfectly valid

well, before Valve put 99% of its effort into being a digital storefront, they used to build game engines. Maybe you've heard of Source, a couple big games used it.

You do if you don't want it to run like shit. Look at Bethesda games, they have been patching a game engine from the 90's to do all the things modern engines do and it just doesn't cut it.

Well then you could name out at least one thing other than looks that they have improved on instead of acting like what I am saying is somehow insulting. One example of an issue they could fix with a new engine would be making a new system for how fires work, since in Source engine they are not only very simplistic but also have a massive impact on performance, resulting in fires being used very rarely in Source games. So you should have no problems finding something they solved if you're so keen on defending how great it is.

Steal resources, subject native populations to slavery and conversion

You answered it

Not sure enough to comment.

Not sure enough to comment.

Capture? I always assumed the advisors were some high-ranking race in the combine system, possibly one of the originals, or at least a race that was subjugated early on an has done well in the ranks.

Some ayylmao planet?

Could be advisors, or just not seen yet. Would make sense to never actually show it, because they exist by converting others.

See above.

To conquer us and use our teleport technology to conquer more.

It is somewhere, Valve could use it in next game but it won't happen.

This is actually only thing that we don't know.
Thank god for that, no matter what motive you would give him it would be bad and disappointing.
Some questions are best unanswered.

Alien psychics knows who alien human psychic mastermind is, not big surprise they know each other.
Especially after he most likely helped Freeman kill their Xen Overlord.

Advisors are masterminds behind combines.

They are humans who are made into Advisors servants. Pretty much humans/robots hybrids.

All CoD games run on a heavily patched and modified Quake III engine.

They completely forgot about the 10th anniversary what makes you think they have ANYTHING planned for the 12th?

I wouldnt be surprised if they do, they tried to branch out into VR, SteamOS, Steamboxes and Controllers and it didnt work out great for them.

Does anyone even care anymore?

Prove him wrong.

It's like you said, the only "enemies" in the game were humans with guns and slow humans.

Was there even anything for the 20th Anniversary of the company back in August?

`>doesn't like half life

Not an argument

Didn't the original writer for the series quit Valve relatively not too long ago? If so, I can guarantee you that whatever they did end it with, it won't mesh with what's established too well.

if half life 3 comes out it's going to be the gta 4/5 of half life with a microtransactions shop and cases

The driving wasn't the problem in HL2. It probably made up less than 5% of the gameplay, and you got to see how hard the world got fucked up.

Fucking kek. I distinctly remember the guns in HL2 doing way more damage than the ones in HL1. I think what you meant to say is the guns had no variety. They basically took the typical shooter guns from HL1, gave them more damage and less ammo. They even cut the amount of grenades you got for the smg. Imagine this game if they didn't cut half the weapons.

Hour and a half of a seven hour long game is not 5%.
My favorite meme about HL2 is how the story and world building are oh so good, despite the fact that they quite literally do not even exist in the game, and if you wan t anything resembling a coherent story you have to read fan wiki and hunt down interviews where HL2 team members talk about things that should have been in the game from the start.
Shit high school tier writing that is just throwing things in front of you, but never explaining anything, trying to pass itself off as mysterious and deep despite the fact that it doesn't even exist.

The release date of Ep2 is closer to that of HL1 than it is to today.

What the fuck nigga? Are you related to snails or something?

I was going to say there's no way it's that long, then I realized I totally forgot about the garbage airboat sequences. Doom buggy was cool though

It's funny how all I said was "you got to see how hard the world got fucked up" without mentioning story at all, and you immediately jump to how world building doesn't exist in the game. Somehow finding a way to both acknowledge and deny it's existence at the same time. Anyways, I'm not about to get into a debate over showing not telling.

Half Life 1 had a tight narrative because it was simple at to the point, with Half Life 2 it all falls under it's own weight, you have the combine, the weird floating turds, and G-man in between all this, they have set up so much that Half Life 3 if it ever happens it's going to be either a clusterfuck of exposition to explain what the fuck happened in 2, or it's not going to answer shit.

Also I bet all my chips that Half Life 3 will be VR or some shitty "futuristic" gimmick. Just play Half Life 1, and ignore what 2 ever happened, just jump straight to mods that do a better job at expanding the world and story, or just because they're fun.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.
Half Life 1 had no fucking story.
None at all.
You may think it did, but it really didn't. It just had a couple of tropes thrown together to fit the setting and then maybe a few "plot" elements to give you an objective from place to place.

HL2 had a story because by 2007 it was an expected thing to have in any single player shooter.
Why hasn't half life 3 come out? Why didn't a half life 2: episode 3 happen like it was supposed to?
Can't really say.

But I will say that HL2 is basically like HL1 in that when you look at it, they haven't really set up any real story or plot. You may think one exists, they may have fooled you by adding a bunch of dialogue, but in reality there still isn't any true story.
You're just "the chosen one" the guy who can actually move things along in that world.

post oppai loli

Half Life had a story, it was as basic as it got, but it did have a rich world, I mean, you had Xen and it was obvious something in the shadows was going on with the Nihilanth making comments about some untrustworthy third party, which seemed obvious it was the G-man.

Half Life 2 just dropped Xen and said "NEW PLOT, MORE ALIENS" destroying the previous world building.

No, see those parts you think are a story are just tropes of sci-fi shit thrown in there to make you think there is more going on than there actually is.

If I were to really encapsulate it, HL1 is a time capsule of great game design for its era.
Remember, games that weren't explicitly RPGs, in general, had no story. There might be something in an instruction booklet. Some flavor text when talking about items or character actions, but for the most part really nothing there.
At the time, HL1 probably seemed ground breaking for the "story" it was putting into a first person shooter but when you look back on it without the nostalgia goggles you see it actually has about as much story as a fucking Mario game.
Go from point A in an area to point B and get some bullshit "your princess is in another castle" reason to keep going to the end of the game. Actually, let me be a bit more kind. It is more like Super Mario Bros. 3. There's a bit more going on there with the kingdom people you save.

But that's Half life 1. The super mario bros 3 of shooters.

This is you.
Where do you faggots come from? Did you get a mail order college degree on writing and decided to come here to post a bunch of shit?

Your post is a trope.
This is on par with "spook" idiocy.

To this day I still play Half Life 1 so I don't have any nostalgia goggles on, and as I said, it has a story regardless in how basic and cliched it is, it had a narrative to follow that would always conclude in you meeting the G-MAN. There was a narrative, bare bones as it was, but a narrative nonetheless, while in Mario, it's just, the princess was captured, go get her, in Half Life you had the resonance cascade which made Xen leak onto our world, the scientists to fight back they tried to shoot a satellite into space so they could enter Xen and stop the menace from the inside, but the military came to clean up the place and aborted the launch, once the satellite was in orbit gordon was sent into xen to stop the big bad alien boss.

Heck, you could say that games like Mario have a narrative, it's short as it gets, but it's still technically a "STORY"

Point is that said wealth and power is mainly due to their near-monopoly on digital distribution on PCs.

They already have competition, all it takes is one games company to become the next thing everyone wants to buy their games through and Valve have suddenly lost the primary reason for their continued existence.

Not that I can see them dying, but they would sure as hell need to start giving a shit again if that was to happen.

That god, seeing how HL2 is shit.

why the fuck not? Everything else in the industry is run by nu-males. We need to accept the fact that we are at the point where we are playing games to enjoy how nu-male they are.

thank you for putting that faggot in his place. Everytime I turn around, [insert game] ruined muh FPS.

You didn't read the manual, did you?

Nigga, it was as ambiguous as it gets. There isn't really a story in Half-Life, just a plot. Gordon survives experiment gone wrong » Gordon has to survive the falling apart Black Mesa complex and the alien invaders » Gordon also has to kill containment human soldiers » Lots of navigation in between » Gordon has to go to Xen to stop the alien invasion » Gordon stops the alien invasion by killing the final boss

Sounds pretty much like a story user.

I'll give you two: give up

Impossible. People will simply not leave Steam because they would lose their library, achievements and contacts.

Valve is videogame Facebook now. It's too big, too much a part of videogames culture. I say this as someone who tried to switch from WhatsApp to Telegram in 2015.

Indergalagdig Gommunism.
Only survives in the mind of the kike, nigger, cunt, and that one white guy you meet in ep2, I guess.
What his employers want, apparently.
They've dealt with him before, apparently. He's kind of a celestial bureaucrat.
Same reason they capped any other species. For unity.
Not known, like most species they've taken in.
Space Commies.
Space Commies.

In Germany there are still a shitload of people that try to avoid steam, but they are a bunch of niggers since they just use origin instead.

There will never be a half life 3 because We are half life 3.

CERN IS black mesa.
The Large Hardron Collider is the Anti-Mass Spectrometer
Black Mesa created the Resonance Cascade
CERN created the Mandela Effect
It's called HALF-life because HALF of us remember half of life being different via the Mandela Effect Resonance Cascade
half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Resonance_Cascade

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_black_hole

half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-Mass_Spectrometer

cms.web.cern.ch/tags/extra-dimensions
phys.org/news/2015-03-mini-black-holes-lhc-parallel.html

huffingtonpost.com/george-elerick/cern-scientist-reassures-_b_8411468.html

zmescience.com/science/cern-experiment-dimension-23845234/

search.cern.ch/Pages/WebResults.aspx?k=dimensions
search.cern.ch/Pages/WebResults.aspx?k=black hole
search-new.cern.ch/Pages/results.aspx?k=black hole
search-new.cern.ch/Pages/results.aspx?k=dimension

I can understand why anons could feel that way, but I posted this because of how I realized how deeply intertwined the events that are taking place are with videogames, specifically with Half-Life, that I know Holla Forums is always talking about and hoping for a sequel (half-life 3) but I came to the realization that We, as in Us in real life, are the sequel. adding to that the direct relation to Steins;gate, this inadvertently yet unavoidably makes videogames and anime real.
imdb.com/title/tt2548396/?ref_=cs_ov_tt
imdb.com/title/tt2697688/?ref_=tt_rec_tti

post oppai loli