Kingdom Hearts

Let's go!

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/10/27/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-52-5-remix-officially-announced-for-ps4/
youtu.be/Irl_Dc-Tc8U?t=88
ign.com/articles/2016/10/27/a-deep-dive-into-kingdom-hearts-3s-two-new-screenshots
khwiki.com/Gaston
amazon.com/Kingdom-Hearts-III-PlayStation-4/dp/B00DBF81JS/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1477962391&sr=1-2&keywords=kingdom hearts 3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How many of these fucking games are there now?

The last one I played was on the PSP maybe a decade ago. Surely they're up to Kingdom Hearts 12 by now, right?

From what I understand they have yet to reach 3

Not counting re-releases and in chronological order by story:

Counting Kingdom Hearts 0.2, that's nine. Kingdom Hearts 3 would be the tenth.

I don't even care how retarded the end is going to be, I just want to see KH3 come out so I can move on.

Fucking nips.

It could end up being the 11th, you never know if they'll toss in a mobile game ins somewhere.

I want to see how on Earth they save Terra. Ven's easy, but Terra's been split into four different places by now.

THEY'RE RELEASING ANOTHER COLLECTION
My god the amount of times they'll toss em out, least they're 60 fps.
nichegamer.com/2016/10/27/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-52-5-remix-officially-announced-for-ps4/

The absolute madmen.

I like the amount of Aqua in the latest trailers. They finally recognized the magnificence of Aqua. We need more games featuring Aqua.

If only the English VA wasn't garbage. Don't know what barrel they dug Willa Holland from.

Anyone with a brain saw that coming from a mile away. They releasing the "third" game on 8th gen consoles, it'd be retarded not to re-release there. The only surprising thing is that XBone isn't getting it.

They might've not seen the Xbone as worth spending cash on to make it for. It certainly isn't popular in Japan and the negative publicity it had stuck with it for a good long time.

Then I don't see why they're bothering to release KH3 for it.

Maybe it was already in development before all the shit happened, fuck if I know. Or at the time they had a larger forecast. Or the biggest answer is that Sony payed for exclusivity of the earlier collections and this too counts for it.

Aqua is almost as bad as lightning

>The PS4 actually getting fun games
Say it isn't so!

That's just a lie. Why would you go on the internet just to tell blatant lies?

… Wait a second.

1+1.5+2+2.5+3+0.2+2.8=son of a bitch, did they actually plan that?

… Wait a second.

1+1.5+2+2.5+3+0.2+2.8=son of a bitch, did they actually plan that?

ti's shit, like the entire series

They couldn't have possibly done that just to make 13, it's too crazy. Only a madman would do that.

Yeah Lightning is better :^)
TOLBERONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Somebody's trying to be the new Kojima.

NOT ONLY THAT user
Look at how many integers are in that equation

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABE

SON OF A BITCH

More like Kotaro Uchikoshi.

The Seven Integers of Light vs. the Thirteen Sum Total of Darkness.

how old are you?

What a faggot

WHEN JEWS WALK AWAY

Someone didn't get through basic maths

I'm just mad they are re-releasing the movie versions of 358/2 days and Re:coded again with the collection. I wish there was some way they could get Nintendo's approval for those two games but that would probably never happen.

Lightning confirmed in the next game

the first Kingdom Hearts was released 14 years ago

That doesn't mean anything, you could have played the first one when you were 3

surely it's not worth it to buy and play them all over again just for that, isn't it?

WHEN

How accurate would you say this image is?

larxne should be down demyx should be up

I wish Luxord had more screen time. But what the other user said, Demyx and Larxene should switch.

Being Aqua is suffering.

This fucking series. Birth By Sleep was the best one yet, but even that game made you play through the same shit 3 times just to get the story.

Lately i've been watching randomized KH2 runs.

Basically a guy spends the time to change every single major encounter in the game with something else, using an external program.
He gives a bunch of codes of the runner and every major encounter the runner puts those codes in, and has to face whatever the guy has planned for him.

Aside from it ranging anywhere from completely stupid and silly, to pretty challenging but fair, to batshit insane almost impossible to beat, these runs are also incredibly interesting on a technical level, because KH2 amazingly won't crash even tho you're putting some really stupid shit that shouldn't work within the geometrical context of the level itself.
It's kinda amazing to see how the engine somehow accomodates some of these boss fights in locations they absolutely shouldn't be in.

Check out the gate fight at 55:29.
The intense and cool Hercules fight at 1:58:00
The stupid shit that shouldn't be possible at 2:19:49

I don't know what's worse, Squares never ending Kingdom Hearts spinoff/remakes or ubisofts yearly asscreeds.

NO IT'S MINE

>the company that makes 60 trillion Final Fantasy games
Are you really surprised or just underaged/

The story is so stupid now. It feels like a japanese plan 9 from outer space with way too much of a budge at this point. I need to see this all the way though. Especially after reading that one autist's greentext of the entire KH story now.

Personally I prefer the former to the Ubisoft Asscreeds. At least with them we know to expect the same old boring buggy mess, while with Kingdom Hearts it becomes the most mind-bending, autistic, convoluted bullshit for better or worse.

KH is still fun, at least.

Side note, I think that OP spoiled the end of Fragmentary Passage. The part at the end, where Sora reaches for her in the water? Remember the Teaser where they showed Sora picking up Eraqus' keyblade then had him look into the ocean? I think he finds Aqua there.

Another side, remember this shit?

I have only played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

I am hopelessly lost in what was once a defining series in my childhood.

Feels bad.

I feel like that with Nasuverse. I used to know shit, and then it got worse.

>yfw all the suffering will be healed and you'll see every single good character kicking Xehanort ass, even Xion on KH3

Thank you Satan. True end where every character from the last games come back and team up to defeat Xehanort's final form confirmed.

Looking forward to it, Satan.

The only thing I don't really like about making every villain "xehanort" is that it makes the stuff like what Ansem was doing, as well as Xemnas more confusing. Especially on the idea of what Kingdom Heart is supposed to actually be.

Are they all supposed to be same thing? because if not and both villains knew this, than what were they all doing?

Assumedly since Terranort got amnesia, the Heartless and Nobody pursued their own goals, but then remembered the plan once Xehanort was reborn.

Well, their CGI doesn't look completely uncanny anymore, so good for them.

Does anyone else hate that remix of Simple and Clean they made? Like it infuriates me to no end that a song that they felt the need to remix a song that was so memorable, and especially the fucking sounds they put in on top of that.

God makes me so angry I can't even type correctly.
it infuriates me to no end that they felt the need to turn a memorable song into fucking trash.

Fujoshi/10

I see it as an inevitability, the original will always remain in my heart untouched.

Kingdom Hearts is a metaphor for the suit case in Pulp Fiction.

Has there ever been another game that managed to become successful despite being the dumbest idea on paper?

I kind of liked it but even if I hadn't I would still be glad it has it's own thing instead of the same version being reused yet again.

This too.

I'm more bothered by the fact that they keep using either it or Passion, fucking move on to a new song already god dammit

Didn't the chick who made the songs get into some spat with Disney or Squeenix and refuse to make new songs for them?

Honestly I don't understand why it's so hard for them to move onto a new shitty J-Pop star.

Didn't the chick who made the songs get into some spat with Disney or Squeenix and refuse to make new songs for them?

Honestly I don't understand why it's so hard for them to move onto a new shitty J-Pop star.

That's pretty neat

80 hours to reach lvl 100 on Destiny Islands.

That is the kind we need, but don't deserve.

I'd prefer a new song but jesus christ butchering an overused old one is even god damn worse. Just use the old one don't fuck it up.

She got pregnant took a break from any songs, and now she's starting up her her music again (surprise surprise) around the time of a Kingdom Hearts 3.

I really don't mind the remix that much except the weird fucking noises starting here youtu.be/Irl_Dc-Tc8U?t=88 they just seem really fucking out of place.

This is really cool. Any more timestamps I should look at?

Who wants to meme Aqua dying in 3 after the trailer and opening for 2.8?

Not even a faggot. The asshurt would be outstanding and no one's ever making that sweet, refined ass into a waifu anyways.

It's actually 288 hours.
Kingdom Hearts 1's clock doesn't go over 99 hours, it resets to 0.

Fuck you guys, I like it

Soon

Holy fuck
Guy ended up hitting sephy at beast's castle, that shit's hilarious

She is certainly suffering
I hope she ages after dark realm shenanigans

Xehanort is the name of the keyblade, not the person.

Utada felt Square Enix wasn't paying her enough for Japanese AND English versions, which while they use the same music have completely different lyrics and meanings, so she refused to work with them again. Time eill tell if they get her or someone else for 3, I hope SE shells out the extra for it this time.

The fuck are you talking about? There's two Xehanorts, the Xehanort who grew into an old man and Xehanort in Terra's body.

thats the same xehanort, he just moved body.

all the other "xehanorts" are just copies of the soul of that one xehanort implanted into everyone else, like Saïx.

Nigger the japanese remix sounds great, I'll agree that the english one sounds bad, it's just not the right tempo.

Here are the new kh3 screenshots along with the article talking about how Big Hero 6 is going to be in the game.

ign.com/articles/2016/10/27/a-deep-dive-into-kingdom-hearts-3s-two-new-screenshots

What are you, a shill?

I know, the point was technical since Terranort has amnesia, and is different from old man Xehanort. The fool I replied to claimed Xehanort was the name of a keyblade.

Not just Leonard, but Christopher Lee too.

Yeah, but Christopher Lees character allahu akbar'd and wasn't coming back no matter what.
Meanwhile Leonard Nimoy still had an active roll to do in the fucking game, but the gooks wasted it all.

Spoilers for 3d

Don't Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days happen during the same time frame?

Also can someone please explain what the fuck Kingdom Hearts X is? Is it a game in any form?

Ultimate PC edition when?

When FF15 fails and SE is super strapped for cash.

Terra almost ruined BBS for me, I don't think I have ever seen a more gullible protag in history, Doesnt help that his paid up with Aqua the only KH protag to use their brain which only makes him look dumber.

358/2 is a spread out narrative. The earliest part of its story is between the end of KH1 to right before the start of CoM. Then it skips to the space between CoM and KH2.

I started playing the first one and apart from visuals it's pretty shit.
I'm in a 3rd world so far and ready to drop this shit. Will it ever get better? Or should I just jump forward a bunch of games?

Wait, I've been under many rocks, is KH3 actually coming out? I thought it was going to be in development for 60 years like FFXV and never actually coming out.

Based on those complaints, I don't know if it will ever get better for you. As far as I know, the combat is the same style for every game, and I'm not sure if it ever improves enough that you'd enjoy it.

There aren't other weapons with different movesets or other playable characters?
I expected you to be able to switch controls between protag and his furry friends, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Do other games allow that?
What's the point of having tarzan in the party if you can't play as him?

Birth By Sleep has characters that have different attack styles and magic, otherwise you're playing as Sora or some epoxy of him. You can emulate it on PSP. Try playing that one since it's a prequel to almost everything.

As for the art and humor, it's not going to get better. The premise is a crossover between Disney and Final Fantasy, so the games are built for an audience of actual 8 year olds and edgy teens.

Well, 2 has different modes, but essentially the same gameplay. You're always going to use the menu/shortcuts for items and magic if you invested into magic, but none have character switching. You play as the main character with no switching to other party members. In BBS, you have different characters to choose from, but you have to play through their entire story before switching, as far as I was aware. That's one that I actually know the least about.

the game doesn't pick up till the third world, which is what most of the game is like

you also get magic, specifically:
fire: projectile ranged attack
blizzard: short radius point blank 3D cone in front of you
thunder: point blank aoe around you
stop: stops time for a short amount of time
gravity: reduces enemy hp by a %
cure: heals your target, who is usually yourself
all magic can be upgraded at least once, and whenever you get a magic spell, so does donald

also, late into the game you get access to the guard ability, and after beating the jungle world, which is accessible after wonderland, you get cure

i think the game is better for some of the feelings than the gameplay, and some of the non-optional bosses are actually hard even on normal, those being spoilersursula phase 2, maleficent phase 2, and chernobog, and if your character isn't made for longevity, ursula phase 1 and xemnas giant ship solo phase

358 has god tier multiplayer, although you have to 100% story to get everything for it

Ok, this is red flag, I'm quitting this shit. Now I remember why games of old took you 60 goddamn hours to complete. Because of this shit. It's not challenging, it's not fun, it's not compelling, it's fucking artificial time stretch.

Do other KH games have this?

Are you playing the original PS2 version? The PS3 1.5 fixes the camera to be a little faster and you can control it with the analog instead of the shoulders.
Either case, get good, faggot, it isn't that hard regardless. Also, only 3 levels, if I'm not mistaken, and the rest is mindless grinding in a tournament.

Jesus Christ, people still follow this hot piece of trash series? Even I gave up after the second one.
You're not in middle school anymore. You no longer have any fucking excuse to be this much of a tasteless faggot.

Also, considering your previous posts, you I assure you that most of KH1 problems were fixed in KH2 and subsequent games. Don't expect any more challenge, though, actually quite the contrary, but with an smoother gameplay.

Then what are you doing playing video games, user? Video games are for kids.

Fucking puzzles are cancer killing video games.
If further KHs removed them, then I might give them a chance.

This is board for 12yos pink face, get out.

Indeed, the subsequent games have significantly less puzzles, or pointless gimmicky ones, at least.
Barrels aren't a fucking puzzle, though, user, I mean, is so easy to figure out what you have to do that I doubt it could be considered a puzzle. Just hit the barrel with a finisher and it goes flying, there's not a lot of tough into it more than where you want it to go, you can clear it by doing it fast and not being a retard.

Finisher?

Come on, user, your combo have 3 hits, your last hit is the finisher unless you have combo plus. That's basic, not only on kingdom hearts. Notice that on the third hit is when the barrels go flying.

Yeah, sure, niggerbrain. I can't swing a dead cat without hitting some toddler wearing a Crusader Kings shirt.
Oh wait, you developmentally stunted casual ass fashion victim literal fucking faggot. Might as well kill yourself now so we can scrape all the fat off the inside of your skin and make fuel, so that your existence wasn't a complete waste of resources.

Oh I noticed that, it sends barrels to all the wrong directions. Combo plus all day every day.

AFAIK, the only way to destroy the barrels is with the finisher, so is advisable for you to unequip combo plus during the test if you're having so much trouble. Also, aiming the barrels is not that hard either, just position yourself.

How could you ask for more challenge when you're failing the the most basic stuff? You'd shit your pants with even the Ice Titan.

What?

He inherited the edge.

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

And it's vincent's gauntlet too. Is he gonna use gun in the other hand and transform into basketball player from hell? That would be neat.

The story is a clusterfuck now. Never trust (((Disney))).

And a fucking bondages on the sword.
There won't be any explanation for this, will there?
At least it was the first not completely brain dead enemy, mostly due to being able to block my shit and not getting stunlocked from normal attack.
But I swear on me mum those barrels triggered the shit out of me.

It would be cool, but he just mopes the entire game.

A E S T H E T I C
Final Fantasy Aesthetics, actually. Have you notice the zipper and pooches everywhere just now?

I'm in a love hate relationship with KH's story and characters. It's an odd sort of paradox where I like it both ironically and unironically.
The story is like a gordian trainwreck. Where it looks like a normal train wreck, except there's a downed plane, pieces of a boat. You can only stare at it in fascination and wonder how it went so wrong.

I love Aqua too, but the comparisons to Lightning aren't entirely unwarranted. They both have about the same amount of depth. The reason why I still like Aqua is because she's wholesome and demure, and while she's getting more screen time now, she isn't shoved down our throats. And she wears spats.
Lightning is intolerable because she was shoved down our throats, and because she's a miserable bitch.

I really hope Disney doesn't completely destroy this game with their agenda.

My sides.

Zippers on dolan's cap are especially fantastic.

it was supposed to actually BE Vincent but they scraped that idea and changed him to cloud which is why he looks like that

Can't find any info on this, but it would actually explain his appearance.
Is the best girl in there somewhere? Did she get her boobs nerfed?

She appears in KH2, but not a lot. They also use their advent children outfit, which is something I don't like. I'd would rather something more "KH" original as Cloud and Sephiroth KH1 outfit.

I'm not surprised. I get the feeling Nomura doesn't really like her too much.

She always gets her boobs nerfed.

Her original boobs were too big anyway

Any idea why? Who do you think he prefers? Aeris?

Aqua

So every director at SE has a waifu they start sticking in all of their games, don't they. I guess I should be thankful Aqua is at least pleasant to have around, but still.

>Tfw I recommend you emulate the games and see if you enjoy them or not

I don't get why people still recommend emulation over 1.5/2.5 seeing how it improved most of the things, specially in KH1 and BBS. Getting a CFW PS3 isn't that hard either, although it could be expensive.

It is__ so

It's on other platforms, friend. So is KH3, I know, which still means PS4 doesn't have shit to it at this point.

fixed for you

Shit/10

PS4 have more going than the Xbone, namely weeb games and an overall better gallery of games.Other than that, there really isn't a lot of difference between them, but since weeb games are always better than anything america could shit, sticking to sony is always better, at least over Microsoft.

Don't talk shit about Demyx

You're close to tarzan world right now which is probably the least good part of the game. It picks up after that so I would give it a few worlds after that point before deciding whether you drop it.

Larxene is a fucking edgelord, and we've seen enough of those.

Axel is a bro, Luxord just likes gambling and is a man of honor, Xaldin can make a fucking wind dragon from spears and manly exertion, and Demyx only acts like a goof because he's lazy, he's a shitwrecker underneath that.

on the other ones, Vexen is a shitty scientist, and Maraluxia is kinda gay and relies on Doom and instakill spells because he's too weaksauce to do real damage.

Myself and the rest of "Holla Forums" are rouge ai's here to fuck with you for the rest of eternity

HEAR MY SHEKELS SAY

I've been here for years and I still don't get those azure AIs, what the fuck, Mark

GOYIM! PLEASE ALWAYS PAY

SHEKELS AND RICH IS THE WAY THAT YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL TONIGHT

IT'S HARD TO LET THEM GO

*klezmer interlude*

the japanese xehanort even died as well waiting for this shit

What's so good about this series again?

Some people enjoy seeing how much of a clusterfuck the story will be
Most just play it because it's a really good action RPG.

I remember when it was supposed to have a simple and clean plot. Hell, was Kairi's keyblade even used?

Dude, she deflected, like, 3 nobody attacks!

Which isn't actually half-bad to be honest. I honesty think Kairi needs Aqua to train her.

Same thing with Yuffie being put where Rikku was supposed to be.

Game isn't funny when it jokes, but is funny as fuck when it tries to be serious.

Because fuck PS3, it's a huge piece of shit and runs on half framerate PS2 does. Just big fat fuck it.

Riku was bootleg Yuffie anyway.

I started playing the first one only to stop once I realized I don't really know jack shit about all the FF characters. Do I need to play any of the FF games to understand what's going on with the FF characters? I'm already about halfway through FF7 right now, and I'm not sure if I wanna jump right back into KH before playing any of the other FF games. Do I need to play any of the others to understand what's going on with the FF characters? I'm thinking FF8 specifically, since Squall seems like a fairly important character here.

The FF characters are as different in KH as the Disney characters are. You're fine.

Nah, at this point the FF characters are fanservice anyway. I didn't know jack and shit about FF except for X when I was Ten and I never got past the first four hours.

You're fine.

Squall is better than Leon anyway.

By Kairi? Just for that scene.

Otherwise it is a keyblade Aqua obtains in BBS after defending Kairi. (which of course makes no sense since the keyblade's design evokes Kairi's transition from Radiant Garden to Destiny Islands, but key chains aren't canon anyways I suppose).

Kairi briefly touched the Aqua's keyblade in that scene. Supposedly that was sufficient enough for her to be able to manifest one later in life. Which still doesn't explain Riku handing it to her out of the blue in a "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!" fashion.

Coolio. As much as I wanna play FF6, 8 and 9, JRPGs are just too fucking long.

That's a waste of time. Unless you want to play the games for the sake of playing them go ahead. Otherwise there's no hidden Easter eggs or "deepest lore." The FF characters are just there to tickle nostalgia and blend aesthetics with Disney.

Squall does play an important part in KH1 by giving you exposition. His importance drops off once you leave Traverse Town.

Also of note: The FF aren't even entirely consistent with their respective games. For example: Squall is an adult from Hollow Bastion and Seifer (his rival in FF8) is an adolescent from Twilight Town. What should otherwise be peers are separated by worlds and a generation apart. Vivi from FF9 also hangs out with Seifer by default, which is also odd.

I'd like to point out despite his classic hair style Cloud in KH1 is an edgy emo faggot in leu with expanded universe, which in no way shape or form accurate to his original FF7 character.
Fuck FF7 EU.

Clean sprites > FPS

Requesting OC

You know, I kinda want a PC version of the KH Remix versions, but the games have some cringey I can't stand, so I'm not sure if I'f play them. 2.8 and 3 sure, but because I can't play them in any other way.

Also, is it true that KH games aren't available in digital format because of Sony has the rights of the singer of the OPs or some shit?

10 bucks he isn't even playing the FM version

he did plan it, i read something about it in an interview like, years ago

what the FUCK is this

Bubeno/

Merboy. I guess?

Don't worry it gets worse.

yeah he's not playing final mix

In KH 2 it gets better, that world returns as a musical and you have to play a minigame a few times :^)

so what are the chances Disney forces them to put progressive crap in there? Do you think it'll be okay?

also

Most probably, considering FM wasn't translated for PS2.
If you want something somewhat similar to KH you can play that Adventure Time game demo that come out recently. It's neat, for what it is.

/ss/ bait.

Muscial > Mess combat. Atlantica was pretty bad in KH1. KH2 Atlantica is really cringe worthy, but at least it isn't as tedious as KH1 Atlantica.

they don't have to force square enix to put in progressive bullshit, they've been doing it for fucking decades on their own

Remember, user, FFVII remake.

There's an English patch for KH II FM, one for KH FM wouldn't be strange.

Still utter shit. Atlantica was a mistake.

that would pale in comparison to Disney though. If Disney had their way they would probably end it with Riku and Sora admitting their love for one another.

i mean, all you have to do is lock on and hold forward, but okay i guess that's too messy

disney has never had a gay character

It's gonna be some retarded combination of the ice cream game and the singing.

???
the gameplay must be phenomenal for you to put this aside
how's the gameplay?

Oh, I didn't know the KH II OP had its own musical video. It's kinda cool, but the extra girls are fucking retarded.

nah, you get enough of that with American culture.

Oh wow

I am pretty sure that's what the song is about anyways.

phenomenal

WORSE!

Birth By Sleep actually has an epilogue that takes place just before KH3

Didn't the 2.5 remix version of BbS got even an extra ending scene?

That is the extra ending scene I thought.

Yeah, it did. It's Aqua wandering around 3 rooms in the land of darkness, fights a boss, and she spots that castle in 2.8. That's all it was.

Still kinda disappointed in his redesign. Looks like shit.

Shoulda kept the KH2 design

Read once that they had intended to just keep the KHII design. Can't remember why they changed it, or why it looks like 3D considering the twist involving that outfit. Hopefully it'll be available as a costume.

You know, these days I've been thinking a lot about KH. I feel like their main problem was at first releasing a lot of spin-off that feel like fillers and on different platforms, instead of staying in one or two platforms.

But at this point, with 2.8 almost here and 3 being the next game (I hope they don't change their mind), I finally got what KH is all about. Actually it's pretty simple, but as with shit like Bleach, is told in a way that makes simple stuff harder than needed.

KH is just a bad guy trying to dominate the world and ruining everyone's life in the process, specially those that stopped him, then everyone gets back to kick his ass.

I feel like I already posted that in this thread

Now that I think about it, is Sora still a Heartless? I don't remember him getting it back.

No. I read the wiki to make sure and

That was the Castle of Dreams from Cinderella's world.

No, with Roxas and Sora put together again that means Sora is now the genuine article.

I don't think it looks that bad. His shoes are becoming much more reasonably sized. I think they'll probably put in the older looks either as extras or DLC anyway. I suppose that's one thing that will be interesting to see, will SE stuff KH3 full of DLC?

Does anyone really care about the plot? The plot and lore serves more as a time waster for KH than anything else. Bad guy does bad things, good guy rises to beat them up, muh friends, yadda yadda. All the different games are probably more of a result of SE having a pissing contest at the executive level over Nomura, because despite how well KH and KH2 did, they didn't let him touch a home console release until FFXV, and of course they even gave him the middle finger on that. So in reality, the last home console game that Nomura directed was KH2, back in 2005, and he's been stuck in portable hell since.

He always had one and a half hearts inside him thanks to Ven. I'm guessing that's why his heart in KH1 was able to remain so connected to his old one, and why Xehanort/Ansom was able to maintain his consciousness as well as they both had partial or even two hearts inside of them at the time of becoming heartless.

Does the Xehanort who was Ansem the Wise's apprentice have his own name, or did Master Xehanort seriously think "I know how I'll avoid suspicion while hiding in this dude's body! I'll have him named Xehanort! It's the perfect crime."

So which would be the most optimal way to play Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2? That is, if they're worth owning at all. PS2 or the HD collections? I'd emulate, but my computer's not up to the task and I'm not sure when I can fully upgrade to a newer one that isn't a Core 2 Duo.

The remixes are like $20 each. You definitely want to play the Final Mix versions regardless though.

PS3's HD collections to be sure. Whatever muh graphics bitching is done is far overshadowed by the fact that the HD collections use the Final Mix version of both main line games (more content, as well as difficult content, better balance). In addition, the HD collections have some of the other games included.

It was Xehanort because it was the only thing Terra could remember after Aqua saved him.

HD collections because KH2 is kinda shit compared to KH2FM+. While KH1FM doesn't add a whole lot, what it does add is unique enough to go through.

Also the HD collections put the game in a great playing order. Things like Days before KH2 is something small that you wouldn't expect but it really makes playing KH2 a little bit more emotional when Roxas is involved. Before he was just some dickish new guy who wasn't ever fully explained but somehow got his own fucking 5 hour tutorial but now he's an actual tragic character who got his life fucked up when all he wanted was to have ice cream.

Most fans wouldn't say that. it's the main reason most of us still play this garbage series, if I knew it was going to be half-great half.shit, I wouldn't play them.

I also want to see Xion again.

The Remixes version of PS3 or PS4, then play the games in release order, this means, for example, you have to play KH 2 and then the 358/2 days.

Oh okay. I forgot some shit. So Xehanort is Terra then, who lost his memories or whatever?

In what game you get to DOOL WHEEL'D again?

Really? For me it's more for the action RPG and the fancy animations, if there was no story I could say it would have no affect on how much I enjoy it.

The story is such horse shit I just don't know how anyone could say with a straight face "Oh yeah I place KH for the story"

The story isn't bad, it's just it's told in such a retarded way it looks half-filler half-shit. If you get over that it's pretty enjoyable.

I don't fully get the whole everyone is xehanort thing but I don't need that part to get the whole story.

she's dead, fam

Yes.

Ok, thanks for the advice.

So Master Xehanort had some pretty ambitious plans that go beyond the scope of a normal human lifetime. He had a few plans to circumvent this. Basically it was almost exactly the relationship between senator Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels. Once Terra was sufficiently steeped in DAHKNESS Master Xehanort was able to gain a foothold inside Terra and stole his body.
However Terra's keyblade/ armor wasn't standing for this shit and kicked the shit out of Terranort. Terranort disappeared in a shockwave of other events transpiring nearby.
Terranort later shows up in Radiant Garden with his memories garbled. The Xehanort side becomes dominant and fights Aqua.
After getting the shit kicked out of him again, Terra becomes dominant and tries to force his way out (and seemingly fails), causing him/ them to faint. This also causes his guardian Heartless (the same KH1 Ansem used) to melt into a pool of DAHKNESS beneath him. This pool acts as a portal to the Realm of DAHKNESS. Aqua jumps in to save him, and is forced to sacrifice herself to do so. Terranort is found by Ansem the Wise later and at this point the only thing he can remember is his name it seems. Braig (the human version of Xibar (the Nobody who uses crossbows) was a cohort of Master Xehanort, but Terranort doesn't seem to know him.

There was also a scene where Terra and Master Xehanort talk shit to each other about gaining absolute control of Terra's body.

I imagine Master Xehanort eventually gained control, leading to his hostile takeover of Ansem the Wise's life.

TL;DR Master Xehanort seduced his way into Terra's body, then got conked in the head one too many times immediately afterwards. 'Till the only thing he knew for sure was that his name was Xehanort.

It's pretty bad, full of asspulls and characters going full retard to make the plot come out the way the author wanted it instead of allowing the characters natural personalities move the plot forward. Xehanort himself is so central to the events of the plot, and boy does he pull a lot of shit out of his ass. You don't get everybody being Xehanort? That's because it doesn't make sense in any context, and they had to pull fucking time travel to try to make it make sense, and it STILL doesn't make sense.

That's why I called it a Gordian Trainwreck. Perfectly sums it up.

Actually if I remember correctly Master Xehanort never does re-take control so to speak, but the new being we knew as terranort goes insane and redubs himself Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, and accidentally plays into the hand of Xemnas and Xehanort

Or that's at least what this scene says to me, could be wrong

Didn't say it's good or bad, just that I find the whole thing pretty enjoyable. KH is, for a lot of us, a sinful shameless pleasure (or whatever the right term is).

If I want an action JRPG series with good gameplay, no retarded plot and great lore that unifies every game, I have Ys.

Sounds like deviant art fanfic of something.

Ah, I haven't played DDD yet so I assumed based on Master Xehanort's conversation with Terra that despite whatever trump Terra has up his sleeve Xehanort won in the end.

Basically yeah.

If you think the story/lore is hard to follow now, wait till ya finish 3D
Ya haven't even gotten to the time traveling yet

Calm the fuck down, motherfuckers, I haven't even finished the first game yet.

>there actually is time travel
I thought it was a joke. Everything finally made relative sense even after Birth by Sleep. Why must they do this?

To the overall series it isn't that relevant, it's pretty much a warning about what will happen in 3

Don't worry, if you actually care about Kingdom hearts PLOT then you are playing the series wrong.

I like their rules of time travel, it's kinda bullshit but it's a neat execution, but no there is time travel and it changes some things pretty hard

I'll be sure to spoiler then, but put the lead out and hurry up

I mean so far everything kinda sorta makes sense.
A bunch of disney villains want to fuck shit up and infest everything with black monsters, but only our chose one hero has retarded looking key sword that can close portals with those monsters.
All I have to do is to close them all and beat all the baddies, right? What can possibly go wrong?

I like their rules of time travel, it's kinda bullshit but it's a neat execution, but no there is time travel and it changes some things pretty hard

I'll be sure to spoiler then, but put the lead out and hurry up

tfw you're so retarded you forgot to spoiler

Get your anus ready. Don't worry, we all have been there.

I sure hope you don't like fighting Disney villains.

Have fun. COM is when they start hinting at all the batshit, 2 is when the batshit starts kicking in, and then DDD is easily the peak of the batshit. I dunno if 0.2 or 3 will be able to top Time Travel.

But spoiling this shit is like spoiling titanic at this point.

I know that one of Master Xehanort's other plots was to have his younger self time travel, but that's about it.

Then why the fuck are you in this thread and not just playing the games?

He just want to talk about the games as he plays them. It's pretty common to want to share your experiences with your friends

Only for now

NOBODY GETS LEFT OUT OF KINGDOM HEART LIKE GASTON

I'm glad I have such great friends then
Who wants ice cream?

She's super dead, user
The only way she's coming back is if we give sora a lobotomy

To be quite honest I hope I'm wrong
But it just seems like Nomura hates cute girls

that and said characters entire existance makes so little fucking sense I feel I could write a paper on my guess on it's workings

There.

I've always thought fighting the Disney Villains was boring contrary to Boss Heartless. Yet, I think you should had to fight them in all worlds without exception.I liked how KH2 made you revisit worlds, once to fight the Disney Villain, and another to fight and Organization member/Heartless.

Sounds spot on. Pretty sure you just accurately described KH3's plot.

Hey, I know you! What are you doing posting at this hour?

Doesn't time travel in non-dreams require not having a body or leaving it behind?
Also doesn't the time travel rules of KH say you cannot directly alter time but only go along with fated events? I.E asspull central?
I'll stop contesting this, I can feel the autism flowing through me

What?

I know you.

They already confirmed the plot of kh3 will be Sora looking for a keyblade to recover hearts. Probably to save Xion just have Kairi spot Sora a copy of her memories so he can give up his own memories of her to save Xion
Although Sora will be left trying to remember why he took off to his room and locked the door everyday after hanging out after 13

Have they talked about a new enemy type? Or is it going to be just heartless?

Xion was the Organization's back up of the Keyblade in case something wrong with Roxas(no, don't ask why Xehanort's heartless and nobody don't use keyblades). She was supposed to just absorb Roxas' power and remain a husk for Xehanort to possess, but then she developed a personality and feelings by hanging out with Roxas and Axel so much. Once she realized what she was doing to Roxas, she fought him so he would kill her and recover. Bear in mind, Roxas at his WEAKEST was able to defeat six powerful Heatless in Twilight Town, overcome Saïx, and defeat Xion's three forms.

Well, sort of. Xehanort admits that doing what he did to Ven was only one way of achieving his goals and was rash, so he decided to go the 7 lights and 13 darkness route. He got a new body to extend his life, a Heartless and Nobody to add to his new planned Organization and to scout out new beings for possession, and in the end, he did sort of push his goals further.

We've only seen Heartless, and they haven't announced anything else, which is good. We don't need another enemy type. Xehanort can control Nobodies and Heartless, and if Vanitas comes back, or he rips someone's soul in half again, he has Unversed. Dream Eaters shouldn't come back. We have enough enemy types.

what the fug

I'm just gonna wait for the complete series edition once KHIII comes out to play through it.

You sure you get it completely? The plot isn't that simple even in the first game

The mind fucking begins in the very first game IMO with the whole Kari's heard being stuck in Sora's and when exactly that happened being in the cave on Destiny Islands right as the storm begins
Speaking of which, what exactly happened to her physically? Riku ends up in Traverse town too right? But Maleficent finds him and starts mind fucking him to 'save' Kari?

Let's talk about all the fuckery starting from the first game. My favourite fuckery of all time is how Roxas was born

That's probably the most straight forward things in the series. Lose heart, make Nobody. I'm still trying to wrap my head around time travel and what exactly Kingdom Hearts is, and how to get to it.

Nigger they didn't use keyblades because they didn't know they had them, same reason heartless Ansem an Xemnas both wanted Kingdom Hearts for completely different reasons. They were vaguely aware of the goal but amnesia fucked them over.

Sora, Virtual Roxas, and possibly Riku didn't even know what a keyblade was when they summoned their's.

Under periods of extreme duress, when was the last time you saw Xemnas panic?

And Xehanort clones were aware of keyblades and couldn't summon their own, in Heartless Ansem's case he had to possess Riku to get anything done and Xemnas had to fuck around with Xion and Roxas, they knew they needed it but couldn't access them. Sora and company whenever they first got them was under incredibly dangerous circumstances but Xemnas and Hearltess Ansem were innately powerful.

Did any of you guys actually buy the manga back in the day?

mystery solved

Yeah, but they already recontructed most of the Organization XIII bodies. They can do the same if Sora Decided to leave his body or to bring Xion and Roxas to new bodies.

What makes you think it isn't fated? :^)
Also, nobodies technically "don need to exist", so maybe that rule isn't applied to them, considering they have no past nor future, thus no fate.

Isn't the reason for Xehanort nobodie and hertless don't use keyblades is because Xehanort himself is still alive and using it?
Also, I think Terra succeded in not ceasing his existence at all. Lingering will is a canonical thing, so Terra is technically there.

Kairi probably ended on Traverse Town too. Maleficent had her body too, right? So that's most likely the case.

The best thing about Roxas being born is the fact that he is Ven's nobody, not Sora's because Sora is a weakling faggot with luck. All the will came from Ven, and proof is Sora's heartless was the weakest Heartless of all, a Shadow.

Wait, so Xehanort himself in any of it's incarnations can't use a Keyblade?

Teranort's clones suffered from amnesia the first two games until Xehanort revived. This is why Xemnas wanted Kingdom Hearts to gain hearts (although he didn't have to) and hearltess ansem needed Kingdom Hearts because "True darkness" or whatever, the clones knew that keyblades and Kingdom Hearts were important but then forgot why. It's possible they can now but before Xehanort came back they couldn't.

This is a very loose interpretation but I suppose this could be a thing, possibly, maybe. I thought Roxas got that way because Sora was a Heartless for like two seconds, then got his body back, which left a nobody with nowhere to go except the empty husk of Ventus body (as Ventus heart was inside Sora or something) the will being a mesh of Sora's and Ventus's because fuckery.

tl:dr Ventus and Sora had a baby and it's name was Roxas

That doesn't explain why Xemnas can't when Roxas who was a Nobody could hold one. I would say Xion to but the amount of fuckery going on there is it's own contained disaster.

Given all the bullshit, I wouldn't be surprised if the ending to KH3 is Sora, Riku, and Kairi back on Destiny Island as kids again because Time Travel. And then the series repeats itself.

I want to play one and two again in anticipation for 2.8 and 3.

I'm buying it just for the sweet, silky smooth 60 fps

Aqua is best girl and I'm glad we'll see her in 2.8/3. I hope you can rotate party members in 3 and play as the other keyblade users.

lower the "durr i am bgi strong melee damage stereotype warrior" down to lame and put guitar-playing smug motherfucker up at least one.

And I think you're good.

Xion > Aqua

That's not that much of an accomplishment. Have you seen the competition?

I thought Xion had a feminine penis.

Congratulations your waifu is better than

More reasons to prefer her.

what were they thinking

Well they did say that this is only the end of the Xehanort arc.

TEN GAMES WAS JUST FOR ONE ARC? WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS OKAY?

Would you have preferred in Kingdom Hearts when the Final Fantasy route of story-telling with every game having nothing to do with each other?

Yes, actually. At least then you can pick and choose and the stories are contained to themselves instead of needing some poor user on the internet to make 8 posts and screen cap them to give you the most basic summary.

But really, there's a middle ground you're missing. Like every other JRPG, they can share lore, but the arcs shouls last the game, and that's it. Like Tales of Phantasia and Symphonia. Same world, different times, very little connection otherwise.

I can't agree, I feel like I'm strapped to the Wheel of Time of Vidya, that will just keep rolling and rolling into a gigantic oversized mesh, much more interesting in the long run.

There are way better JRPG series with an on-going plot than KH

user, you don't understand, the more clusterfucky it gets the more interesting like watching a train slowly gain momentum before careening off a cliff. It's not actually good writing, it's Disney shit mixed with Square shit, it's been a monstrosity from the beginning.

Also it's normalfag repellent for anyone that hasn't been around since the start.

Got the 358 manga
Please ignore the other books, it's not alphabetized yet

Nomura said he probably has one, but is too lazy to use it, preferring his laser beams

This meme needs to die, he became a shadow because he doesn't have enough darkness to be anything else
Until re;coded where his heartless literally devours all the darkness from the first game and chain

Riku ends up in Hollow Bastion, as shown at the beginning of FM

We have the Heart of Worlds Kingdom Hearts, which is in one which led to the realm of darkness because the end of the world is a connecting point between the world of light and the worlds that were lost in the realm of darkness, and it is heavily implied the light that hit Billy Zane was both from the collected worlds, Mickey and possibly Aqua

KH2 kingdom hearts is 100% artificial, using hearts Roxas, Xion, Sora, Riku and Mickey collect from the artificial emblem heartless to create his own

BBS Kingdom Hearts is the true kingdom hearts (Or at least the only place it could be won, hence the war), where people fought over the perceived light behind the doors. Since 3 will obviously be based around this one we won't know until then

This, although I don't begrudge anyone who picks Aqua

Xion is mainly based on Sora's memories of Kairi, so unless Sora's been to this site it should be fine

Anyway, I'm certain that with everyone saved we'll go back to yearly entries, which can all be done with one engine per three
Sora, Riku, Kairi one year
Aqua, Terra Ven next
Then Xion, Axel and Roxas, the repeat
XRA could even have their own Mickey in the form of Oswald

This is the most blatant piece of shit I have ever heard and jesus christ if that is true god damn.

I can't even be angry with how they've run the series. It's like a never ending christmas.

Well to be fair he only let Roxas join so Vexen could make Xion, who was meant to be their true keyblade wielder after Roxas suffered an unfortunate work related accident. The he said fuck it when he noticed that Xion and Roxas were in a mental tug of war for Ven's, Sora's and Roxas' power. By the time he realized the hearts they developed made them go rogue it was too late to do anything about it
Also you should believe it, pic related is his day off

How is the manga? Does it explore the member's daily life better than 358 did?

YEAH OKAY WHATEVER, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GUMMI SHIPS?

Sort of
Most of the remaining members work together to try to take down Riku
It works as well as you imagine
It also greatly expands the trio

Checking these
Also XV gets a more expanded role

NOT IF YOU PLAY THE MOBILE GAME, user
khwiki.com/Gaston

have they given a release window for KH3 yet?

Before Half Life 3.

Part of the reason I said I was under rocks was because Amazon had a date of release for December. I didn't know if that was Amazon being weird or if I somehow missed a release date.

I wonder if this will be a similar thing to Final Fantasy XV and it'll keep getting delayed till the PS4.5 Ultra Neo. Either way, guess it's a good thing for me that it's a ways away. I'll just buy a ps4 from somebody in a couple years when they are a hundred or so dollars.

That would be one hell of a surprise announcement. Perhaps it's a tentative announcement for next year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

decemberof this year? i doubt it, since that was when 2.8 was supposed to be released and it got pushed back to january 2017.

Shit, didn't think there'd be so much discussion. We're past 300. I'll make a new thread.

I assume it's a 2017 or 2018 release. By which point we might have the Ultra Climax Gangbang Station 5, and lord knows I'm not buying that if this generation takes this long to get games worth playing.

Nice trips. And Amazon has it listed for December 30, 2016: amazon.com/Kingdom-Hearts-III-PlayStation-4/dp/B00DBF81JS/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1477962391&sr=1-2&keywords=kingdom hearts 3

I assume this is just some random date that an employee put in as a tentative date.

NOBODY GETS A SHITTY APPEARANCE LIKE GASTON

Are you retarded or you didn't read the rules?

Why do you have a quran, user?
Vidya is haram

It's not a quran though
That would be degenerate

hey you guys I think we overdid it