Wurm Online-esqe game?

I was curious to see if there were any games like Wurm Online that are either cheap or free. I had alot of fun playing with Holla Forums a while back and I'd like to play a game where crafting/community/building is key (with actual specialization needed for people to cooperate, rather than everyone being able to craft everything).

Wurm Online is too expensive and maybe a bit too much of a timesink (getting friends into it may be difficult). I'd even accept some kind of Minecraft mod if it could replicate that feeling of community survival.

Other urls found in this thread:

erebaltor.ddns.net/
wurmian.cloudapp.net/client-download/
mega.nz/#!o9ESFJZY!Y_NlzpoDcL9nUp3hYgkeM8LJYYCgEiH6Y6TRqFmax0o
wurmian.cloudapp.net/simplemap2/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Project Gorgon

Last time I played there wasn't really any kind of village building or farming system of any kind (I did enjoy it though).

Is there anything like that now?

What was that one insanely autistic Minecraft mod that made you perform 50 or so different processes to refine even the most basic materials into something vaguely useable?

I wouldn't mind the name of that actually. I just want a game in which group survival is difficult, realistic and with some building to measure.

Reminder; don't reply to flagfags. Just filter and ignore.

I can turn it off if it makes you so upset.

and here is a prime example of autism in a post

terrafirmacraft

terrafirmacraft

Confucius was a Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher of the Spring and Autumn period of Chinese history.

The philosophy of Confucius emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice and sincerity. His followers competed successfully with many other schools during the Hundred Schools of Thought era only to be suppressed in favor of the Legalists during the Qin Dynasty. Following the victory of Han over Chu after the collapse of Qin, Confucius' thoughts received official sanction and were further developed into a system known in the West as Confucianism.

It's a real shame the hardcore multiplayer survival genre has died in favor of trash like ARK, Rust and Day Z.

We need more games like Wurm Online and Haven & Hearth.

Yea, I tried playing Rust but it's just PvP focused, I'd like something where I can get comfy with some friends and build a town or something.

Yeah, it looks like it's TerraFirmaCraft like the other user said. If that's too autistic for you then you could try the FTB Unhinged modpack for v1.5
That was back when Gregtech was completely obsessed with "muh balance" to the point where he halved the amount of planks you get from processing logs and made it so if you tried to add Tinker's Construct to the pack it would just fucking crash.

fuck you the only Chinese man I'll listen to is Cao Cao

I miss the time we had in WURM russian serb…
The battles, the road rampages of Libertini, general shitting on and stealing shit from Normans.

These feels bring a tear in my eye

I'd love a game like Wurm Online that's polished and feels like it was made during this century. I'd also like shitloads of QoL features like built-in botting so you can AFK mine rather than clicking 87 times per square to remove a block of dirt.

cry about it, kriegerr

Terrafirmacraft is my favourite Minecraft mod and the only time i will play minecraft is with TFC.

If someone were to make a server id come play.

WRC is still up, why did we leave it in the first place? I genuinely don't know.

Not Kriegerr silly, just some Shady Sharpshooter

Lags for the most part, cause most of us were from US (not me though) and RL shit going on

Would it be possible to get everyone together again? I'd be up for that.

Most of us (probably) have deleted our WURM folders, ergo, we won't be able to go back to our old chars.

Hafen

I wonder if they moved servers again since the lag was caused by the serverhost having a scheduled maintenance or virus scan or some shit like that

I stopped playing around the time the original town got destroyed by server bugs causing the whole terrain to fuck up. I was the dude who had a forestry that ended up not even contributing to the town at all since the need for wood was way higher than i could supply since the growing times are extremely long which i did not know as a first time player. Id be up for playing again altough maybe picking up a different trade. I liked working with wood though. Might just stay with carpentry and making/fixing/improving furniture.

Haven and Hearth is like Wurm, the devs stopped being cucks when they realized nobody was gonna pay 10 dollars a month for a permadeath game and now its pretty chill.

dead on the water

Haven and Hearth if you're looking for world manipulation

Mortal Online if you're looking for the combat aspect

What happened to the last WURM Unlimited server 8ch edition? Last i heard it was online still, but that was a month or so ago.

And are there still guys playing WURM Online?

can you guys dump your screencaps or whatever though? my hard drive went more corrupt than the world in that serb

embed didn't work, here's a video from my personal archive

I'm still happy about finishing my stupid hill house.

I'd come back an be a smith autist

Here's what I can find right now

I miss being a traveling witch

for the special brosmouth folk

That shit was so cash. I remember going on a boat trip with some dudes and laughing at tumblr genders like autists. Only to then all get dropped into the ocean by server crashes. Good times.

would play again

Damn that was the most fun i had with any MMO.

I cant describe how happy i was and how many expectations i had, it was amazing.

Cant we find a new server and start over? even if its just few people at the start it could be awesome to make brosmouth great again

Rip Richfag, he didn't listen and then he died.
"What a shitty server but i need to feed my addiction" - Most of the players on the server.

I miss Brosmouth and Broschwitz, going to Richfags server was a mistake, going to the cuckchan server was an even bigger mistake.

t. the Mayor.

I also remember us trying to start a new colony on the other side and then got killed by a bear. I think i stopped playing shortly afterwards.

Id be up for that.

I left after everyone abandoned broschwitz what the fuck happened?

After i bullied the zanzibar fags with rat corpses just for living away and some ultrafaggots actually went to a cuckchan server im beyond infuriated

Im gonna check this server, its in Sweden but its a lot better than a russian backwater server, if it works im gonna make a new thread and keep it up as long as i can

erebaltor.ddns.net/

Darkfall Online was fun a while ago. However, the Greeks shut it down.
So now there are two companies that bought the license to make their own version - aka make Darkfall great again.
So you have Darkfall: Rise of Agon and Darkfall: New Dawn.

You can be a solo-person and do good, or you can be in gigantic alliances and have stupid wars with siege machines and large ships and make fleets.

No idea how the two games are compared to the first iteration, but Rise of Agon seems to be aiming for original Darkfall.
But price? Yea, no, it's going for monthly sub and a price for the game, so that sucks.

Else you have all these (more or less shitty survival-what the fuck ever) which kind of fits your request, but there are no good ones that I know of. Able to build limited bases and shit, but the quality of the games tend to be bad.

Looking forward to it.

Well first there was Richfags server, which was run by someone we played with on Ivan serb.
He did not listen to us, made me a GM to fix stuff but just left me to do what i thought was best, no communication etc.
Then he literally died, end of Richfag server.

Then a cuckchan serb started advertizing here, the big idea was that cuckchan was MR, Holla Forums was HOTS and Reddit would be JK.
At first things seemed okay, the Gm's were active and listening, i managed to become the emperor of HOTS and a champ of Libila, then the GM's just stopped communicating/caring, some autism happened between me and the guy i was playing primarily with, server was basically dead at that point, main MR settlement was abandoned, which i found out after abdicating the HOTS crown,de-champing myself and converting to MR, so i quit.

Oh also that server does not look Pirate friendly, so that automatically excludes the majority of wurm players here.

there are people who actually paid for wurm?

Yea it failed to connect, im looking for one that works, there cant be just ONE wurm pirate server

Holy shit, how'd richfag die? and how do we know he died?

Who was he on Ivan serb? Why does he wear the mask?

Well we had Cirrhosis of the Liver, he was pissing blood and passed out then he went to the hospital.
Told us not to worry, this wasn't his first rodeo.
Then his caretaker who also played with us, confirmed that he had died in the hospital.
It is entirely possible he just gave up on trying to make the server good and he and his caretaker (who played with us), decided to just say he died and let it die quietly in the night.
As for who he was on Ivan serb, he didn't say.

RIP

Also this is the russian serb we used to play, i guess shit went south or this is their idea of a Halloween update

I remember getting stranded with a bunch of dudes in that little river pass between these two land masses where a bunch of ships got stuck. I decided to go out into the wild to catch some horses to pull a cart I had loaded onto the ship. We had that autist in the group that everyone hatted, you know the one who was taking sandwiches and reselling it in this retarded hotel. so when I got enough horses for those carts we all jumped into my cart and hauled ass away from him. We could hear his autistic screeching as we road away only to periodically stop giving him hope that we would let him in and pull away as soon as he got close. It took him like half an hour to get to town and all the while he was autisicly typing away in the kingdom chat.
Good times.

I think i roughly remember what dude youre talking about. Was that the one that kept shilling his shit in chat?

Yeah that was him. I think it was nissin's boat that we were on. I had the screen caps of his autistic rant before I removed wurm.

I was on a boat with. Uh. I think his name was Bear. Its been too long. I barely remember any people. I do remember kriegerr though. kind of a neighbor. Helping me out with metal parts and shit. I should probably still have the files lying about somewhere because im a lazy fuck that never deletes anything.

Only 2 people made it to Broschwitz on Bears boat.
Me (Trenhal) and Bear.
Brave pioneers who somehow managed to cross over as amongst the first.

I cant find any pirate servers

someone help me i cant belive the only choice we have is that shitty russian server tho i would join again if more people are willing to

the lags were kind of gay but id play again. Hopefully this time ill remember to flatten my place before i build shit.

hit the windows key and type in "WRC" in the search window.

WRC.exe still right there along with everything else

Wurm reminiscing thread? Legs reporting in. If you needed the shittiest, lowest quality ropes, I was your scum. I was one the fags dumping LQ bowstring everywhere. It was a hard life.
Shoutout to Pnut who saved me when I was stranded on the post-apocalypse brosmouth map. You were an absolute legend.
I'll dump a few pics I still have.

Can anyone try to login back to the old wurm server and see if everything is fucked up?

Our old city is still on the map, we can just come back and reclaim all the stuff we left, maybe demolish some and rebuild

im on 1.0.0.6 but it says it needs 1.1.1.1 ive run the updater but i actually have no idea if it actually updates or what it does. I got the downloads for the files in the threads when this was still a thing.

I gotta update the WRC client but i can check as soon as it is done downloading.
There should be more than enough upkeep for Broschwitz to exist for atleast 6 more months.

The updater they provide is actually only for updating the splash screen of the WRC launcher.

Could you be so nice to provide a link?

wurmian.cloudapp.net/client-download/

I forgot to put it in my last post, my bad.

mega.nz/#!o9ESFJZY!Y_NlzpoDcL9nUp3hYgkeM8LJYYCgEiH6Y6TRqFmax0o

which one is it now. Are they both the same?

Both the same

right. Downloading now.

Well my house is a mess, as i predicted since it is not on deed.

Come back to the deed and "reclaim" another house, i lost my account so im starting from zero

also post a pic of your character now i need to see if there is something wrong with my client

Is this brosmouth? Or broschwitz? If the former please go check out how much of my forestry is still there.

lots of trees around.
juicy farm's trees are around but the area around it has hell hounds and trolls

Regrettably, Cuck Tower still stands.

Overall it is mostly as we left it, anything on deed still stands, but anything off deed is heavily decayed.

Oh yeah the area is infested with trolls and Hell hounds, also spiders and wolves but no one cares about them.
I wanted my house to have living normalfag deterrents around it but this is too much.
Fuck Hell hounds, fuck em straight to hell, fuck their bullshit triple hit meme attack.

Well, i guess im gonna spend all night trying to get back and try to do my stuff, i guess if you want things done you gotta do them yourself so thats what im going to do, also RIP my shrine, i shall avenge it

It is late where i am, and i am very tired, hope we can get Broschwitz back up and running, please don't die while i am sleeping.

Im 100% sure tomorrow im gonna make a thread exactly for this

I guess we are going to

MAKE BROSCHWITZ GREAT AGAIN

I werent around for the formation of Broschwitz but i played for a good while in Brosmouth. Is there a place for me to set up shop?

Dragunov never set foot on my boat, or had access to my cart

did you see how much of the fences are left?
or if the main house is even there still

I lost my trip in a HDD failure, and I guess my other trip I posted a little while ago is compromised now aswell

The main plaza:

Alright got some explaining to do. So back on October 9th I had some nostalgia for Broschwitz action. So I decided to log on and see the town mostly in good shape with the execption of some deeds who's coffers had run dry and property outside of Broschwitz. I looked around the mines, farms, islands and off deed properties to see if anything of value was still here. The nigger free storehouse was still there with some things missing and kriegerrs front gate was smashed in so if he had any iron or supplies outside his house it was gone.
Con't in next post because family is arround
Jucy's farms hedges are still there. except for the south side. Its completly gone and its an area for trolls, hell hounds and black wolfs to enter. On the bright side it also seems to attract unicorns just outside the farm. As for the house its mostly gone as the deed ran out on it long ago. I think the only thing I saw was a loom, chair, small crate and a large cart inside the farm.

there's life is feudal which eventually has the grand plans of turning into a 10k per server MMO
but i wouldn't recommend it, the gameplay forces you to work with other people unless you want to spend 4 hours grinding just to get your skills high enough to build a hut
there was another game that looked pretty much like it, but i can't remember the name. looked better though

Gotta make a new character. What kingdom?

I hope im on the right server.

If its the wurm refugee camp then yes, and chose freedom isles

there never was a deed around the farm or the house and the hedges didn't go all the way around as I never gathered enough maple sapplings to plant hedges all the way
pretty sure my character was sleeping in the bed when I logged off for the last time so I wonder what will happen if I log in and the bed has decayed

Make sure that sign is repaired, needs to be there for election day.

The legacy of zanzibarland lives on

Spooky, try not get killed by a troll

I'm getting conflicting messages from this thread. Are we going back to russian pirate server or trying a new one?

Should we vote on it?

There is no "new one", the russian pirate server is the only one i could find that wasnt absolute horseshit, it might not be the best but there are a few pros :

1) All our stuff is there so we dont have to start from absolute zero

2) The admins are active and even tho they are retarded they try to fix the server

thats good enough for me and back then, even the lag wasnt that much of a bother really, leaving was a BIG FAT MISTAKE

fuck off faggot

Democracy was a mistake

We started playing with the idea of never leaving the server and dividing the comunity, we bullied the fuck out of the people who left brosmouth to make a new town and we should not have allowed people to even suggest "moving to another sever"

Someone was talking about a swede server. I'm with you, let's just keep the old server unless the mods manage to fuck everything up again

Now i've seen everything

That was me
The sweden server is premium only and the admins are the kind of cucks that would ban us for drawing a swastica with roads

Trenhal told me the mining resources reset so old mines are gone and veins reset and possibly missing as well. So I looked and saw that most of the supplies were either looted or moved up to the Broschwits church where the deed has also run out. I can't take anything because the BSB were planted and locked so I can't even look inside or loot them. Crops don't rot so they're still around. I didn't think anyone would come back so I went around collecting and pushing everyone's cart and moved it to the middle of town to get the GM to delete them, he hasn't so they're all still there. Horses attached to them are long dead though. If you locked your house and its on the deed then most of your stuff is still there in your crates or BSB but if you but them in a large chest they probably took damage or rotted away. Boats are still around but I don't know if any of them are in working order.

I think thats it. So if people have question about their place then yeah ask away while im still on.

Is there a link to a map of the new continent? Or some directions to broschwitz. I stopped playing when the server got all fucked up so I don't know the way.

SWEDEN YES

wurmian.cloudapp.net/simplemap2/index.html

If the mayor comes back i think he can access all the stuff, beyond that i guess we can just demolish all the shit that we dont use and rebuild, it might take a while but its gonna level the shit up that hammer skill

that's only if they gave management over to the town. If they didn't then they're locked in place till they come back

nkdragunov? yeah just tell him to fuck off whenever you see him, he's a tripfag and a cuckchan crossposter. His twitter is also concentrated cancer but i don't have a link to it, another user was the person who posted about his twitter here

nkdragunov? yeah just tell him to fuck off whenever you see him, he's a tripfag and a cuckchan crossposter. His twitter is also concentrated cancer but i don't have a link to it, another user was the person who posted about his twitter here

Id be down to play Wurm again with Holla Forums. The people I used to play with ended up being sjw cucks and the group disbanded after the grill of the group tried to kill herself lol

That's his name

You're right, I think he was on another one that left him behind as soon as they got their own boat across. So he was stuck with us hoping to get a free ride.

the trip is there to trigger faggots like you
and also to show who's who since one user started talking about "their" forestry and as far as I know the only forestry around Broschwitz is the one I made with a little help from 2-3 anons, unless Fraulein logged in and finished the one he was thinking of making out on the island in the river

I think Trenhall is the mayor of Broschwitz, he was for Brosmouth

I had Henkhell on my boat that went afk for a couple of hours and that's why I was stuck at that spot for 90 minutes or something like that since we couldn't push the Juicy Maiden, with him still being a passanger on the ship

Oh I thought your trip was there because you wanted attention

relax user i'm just messing with you

Yeah I was on that boat too. Its me Void.

Friend, i was talking about my forestry in brosmouth. I wasnt even playing anymore by the time broschwitz became a thing.

found my old trip while looking through the wurm install folder

name rings a bell but I can't say I remember exactly who you are

ah, yes, so you were
but Broschwitz only came about because the map Brosmouth was on got fucked up beyond all repair
I blame it on that it's past my bed time, that I missed that "if the former" part

anyone have the old step by step instructions for playing this game? I'd really like to get into this, it looks like what I've been looking for, for a long time.

I was the fag who played as as a red headed chick. I was mainly carpentry and wood supplier. I bitched a lot about how zogbot was destroying whole forests and leaving the wood to rot.

no worries mate. Lets all meet up in broschwitz at one point and restore it to its former glory. Im tending to the fields to my best ability as we speak and i have a question. It is to assume that farming is not a thing during winter time, yes?

alot of people complained about zogbot leaving wood to rot
you had a wagon, and you picked up alot of wood from the trees cut down to make room for the fruit farm
you had a house on the east side of the road leading north from the town plaza, I think, or maybe that was GoldbergShekelstein
if you played as Void on richfags server you had a house right next to the Inn and was autismal about leveling carpentry and fine carpentry by shitting out rope tools, small barrels and some other stuff I can't remember
I might be thinking of someone else though, redhead chick with a focus on carpentry and wood supplier fits Nissin aswell
you have to mention events and specific interactions to jolt my memory

Yeah I was picking up wood from juicy farms to make way for the trees. At brosmouth I also helped you dig and level the area that would have been the farm before the server fuck up. I did live on the west side next to the ambassador inn. I got rid of the stone fence

that I remember
then it's Shekelsteins house I'm thinking of, and I also flipped the map around in my head (the road to Fenlaws church was going south)
you also hitched a ride on the Juicy Maiden from Brosmouth to "point misery" or whatever we called the the place where we gathered before sailing to the new map and after the ship building camp

anyway, I've been up way too long and need to get some sleep
you take care

Krigger?

Yes, my neighborino. I announced my presence earlier

Krigger you fag, someone nigged all the shit outside your house.
Everything inside is still intact.

Those walls decayed naturally from the looks of it. Good looking out though. I'll probably hop on when I get some time and see if I can get going on it again.

Nah, walls don't decay on deed. When I logged on someone had broken through your front gate and moved a lot of supplies to the church.

I'm willing to start playing again.

There are pauldrons now.

Only took them 10 years

awww, they have seal cubs.

CONE OF CLAY

Its dead and gone, I've tried to connect a few days ago and i get timeout. 200 hours down the drain.

I am Blaank, king of Clay Mountain.

I never did get to duel someone to the death on top of it.

Clay mountain is for fags
Moss and tar hill are superior

The worst game I've ever played and the best memories I've ever had of playing.

I was the guy with the scythe on the bull. kek times my friend.

PREP
THE
BULL

STAY AWAY FROM MY WEMP FARM

Looks like we are brewing for a revival

Thread is up, dont let me down anons, we need to make it great again