ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIIIIIVE

LEAD ME TO HEAVEN WHEN WE DIIIE

=THE JOURNEY BEGINS==

STARTS FROM WITHIN

fuck

halo 2 was a great game and only short-sighted idiots criticize the shield system

Even Call of Duty managed to have a good game here or there, which is more than Halo can say.

every call of duty is very similar, so you're essentially saying all call of duty games are good. This is observably untrue, and halo 1, 2, 3, odst, and even reach are better than anything call of duty has done

Remember that Halo 2 sucks website?
I think that was the earliest form of autism I ever seen in the internet

I cant believe how much 343 fucked up the series.

Was the goal just to flat out fuck it up?

There is a bigger difference between each iteration of Call of Duty than there is between the entire Halo franchise.

apart from uninteresting jetpacks that failed to have mechanics that capitalized on this distraction feature, nah, they all feel the exact same right back to the very first PC exclusive game.

You really can't defend it, especially with such a weak angle.

Nah just pandering to the newest shitty audience of gaymers

>tfw no halo game where you start out as a spartan iii and make a name for yourself by doing missions

The only objectively good thing 343 has done for halo is improve forge mode.

Halo 2 was a good but polarizing game even upon release and only people who played it as their first Halo game defend its faults

I don't care much for CoD (which I'm sure is all you got out of this), but it's fucking laughable that a halofag talks about games being samey. No self-awareness whatsoever.

73840c has that guy beat

the difference is negligible, since you can't read. enjoy your hitscan baby shooter, mustard.

tell me some of its faults

Since you brought up both in the same sentence
Friend of mine thinks that infinity warfare is literally just stealing halo reach

I could have at least forgiven it if it was the complete Reach multiplayer experience, like ODST was for H3, but it wasn't, and that's the worst part for me.
How can you defend sinking crack rocks on space dogs as an acceptable backstory to the flood? AndI'm not even going to touch making Chief a blubbering, emotional mess.

The first game & UO, 2, 3, 4 to Black Ops 2 and the vaguely sci-fi ones play absolutely nothing like one another.

nothing as drastic as bubble shields, dual wielding, vehicle hijacking, having actual physics props in multiplayer, even halo's implementation of jet packs was more interesting. Just about every weapon is more varied than anything call of duty has ever had.

It's kind-of absurd you're defending it

Well the story between cheif and cortana was interesting but i think of it as some sort of fan made game just to slighty continue the story of the cheif and you got to see the cheif face. I wouldve just accepted that besides the shit prometheon weapons.

Forget how big Bungie promised the levels would be, they were small even compared to Halo 1. The boss fights were jank, there were to many set-pieces and scripted events like the Scarab and bomb, and the Arbiter levels weren't with the u trouble.

*Worth the trouble

I didn't comment on Halo and how much it changes between each game, so I don't know why you're bringing that up.

Equally, it's kind of disingenuous that you're implying that United Offensive or Finest Hour play anything like Black Ops 3 or Modern Warfare 2.

bungie lying pre-release has no bearing on the actual content of the game, so try to stick to that. The levels are appropriate in size and making them bigger wouldn't really accomplish anything? Again, try to stick to the actual content that's there.

The boss fights aren't anything special, sure, I agree. FPS games usually have this issue. They can be fairly challenging, at least.

I can only really think of one scripted set piece, and that was the scarab. The bomb isn't game play, it's just a cutscene.

What was wrong with the arbiter levels?

They have identical core mechanics when it comes to shooting and how iron sights operate. Generally if you've played UO, the game will feel the same up to infinite warfare. There's a few extra gadgets and tools in each one, but largely there's a set way the games have operated since the beginning.

Nigga. Are you forgetting that half the missions in Halo 2 were split into two because they were so fucking big?

I haven't played a Halo since 2 at a friend's house years ago, so I'm not that familiar with the series beyond the first two games. Can you tell me how its core mechanics have changed from game to game since then?

It's all but confirmed that halo and call of duty have been trying to copy eachother

the first arbiter mission itself is pretty impressive, especially once you fly around the facility, when the level starts falling apart as you're inside of it, the wind effect as the tower is in free-fall. An impressive mix of visual effects, and even actual scale. Impressive too how you can exit your banshee and walk around the outside of the complex in its full scale. Very interesting how they achieved this on the original xbox. The only PC game at the time I can think of which had larger seamless levels was far cry. Funny, Far Cry required 4 times more RAM to pull off at the time.

you may want to refresh yourself, the series is pretty good and once you figure out how interesting the energy/health system is in each game there is a lot to enjoy.

From 1 to 2, they added a few new weapons, but most notably was dual wielding, which numerous weapons allowed, and of course, you can mix-match them. I've seen lots of people counter this by saying golden eye had this, blood had it, but those are all different implementations. Halo 2 capitalized on this with the health-shield system, since each weapon is better at doing physical damage or shield damage, and each enemy varies in how it works with these mechanics, some have a ton of health and no shield (brutes), some have powerful shields and health, some have no shields and some health, etc. This made choosing your active load out a very interesting experience since what you chose usually had you approach how you play in a very specific style. It's a really rewarding system to grasp and there's nothing like taking down opponents who would otherwise destroy you in a burst or two of concentrated fire. Very satisfying.

There's also vehicle hijacking, which goes to excellent use in several missions in the game and gives a sandbox element to how you approach vehicle combat. Instead of bombarding covenant tanks with explosives, you could mount them, destroy the hatch and beat the shit out of the driver and drive it for yourself, carefully jump over an oncoming ghost and claim it for yourself. Enemies were also capable of hijacking, meaning if you found yourself in a hard spot, a smart elite could kick you out of your ghost and kill you.

Those are the major changes, and they are very good ones.

Halo 3 culled back a bit on the dual wielding, limiting the usefulness of it to an extent, I think this is a negative point against Halo 3. the deployables are the biggest change to the games formula, there's a lot of variety there and they each function very different and create some great game play scenarios for area denial, offensive play, defensive play, etc.

Not too familiar with Reach, but I do know it added jet packs and had space combat. I have to play that one. ODST's changes were more on a subtle scale and had focused more on stealth combat in its game design.

only since 343.

how does it feels to be cancer?

It feels good, now fuck off shill

I didn't know half of this stuff actually, thanks. I do know a guy who's got every different Xbox, so I might borrow them off of him sometime and give it a go. It's always seemed like an interesting series to me and I've always respected Bungie, but I never had much of a chance to get into it since I've only been able to play the two that are on PC.

now now, dont be trying to look tough gay boi, we all know how this would end

Yeah it ends with cry babies fags like you shitting on everything

I played CE and H2V. I still liked H2V better.

the nerve of fags these days

I know right, you just dont quit

I agree with you on everything except this. The biggest thing that made AW/BLOPS3 into passably tolerable games instead of piles of dogshit was the way air dodges worked on the jetpack. In Halo Reach the jetpack does nothing but propel you upwards and you can't really use it for dodging, just reaching high places. In AW/BLOPS3 it's a fundimental part of multiplayer combat since you can fake out opponents by shifting direction or dodge the incredibly limited amount of projectiles in the game (fuck shitscan and anyone that defends it).

fair enough, I agree then.

A hell of a lot more people defend and are in denial about CE's faults then 2's.

Most people who love Halo 2's campaign and myself readily admit it's flawed, but CE is way more flawed and nobody admits it.

I don't get why people think set pieces are bad though

He already explained CE to 2, but i'll go into the other ones, but before then I wanna touch on something I disagree with

This is how the two weapon limit system in halo SHOULD work, but in almost every halo game, particularly 3, 4, and ESPECIALLY 2, it's cancelled out by the fact that there's always 1 or 2 super verstaile precision weapons that are by far the best guns in the game that proferom extremely well in all situations. The BR in 2 is so absurdly OP due to this, as well as all the exploits it has. Additionally, plenty of halo games have "clone guns" that essentially just due the same thing, which takes away from that as well, and half the time, even putting aside how versatile the main precision weapon is, just are total ass on top of that.

The only halo games that don't have utter garbage weapon balance are CE, Reach, and 5. CE's magnum is still the over-versatile precision guns, but each gun in CE is so completely unique in spite of that it still wort of works, but then again as a result CE has a very low amount of guns in total.

Reach has a large amount of guns like 3 and 4 do, but there's a lot less clone guns, and even for the guns that are clearly the same niche across the UNSC and covenant factions, the UNSC version and the covenant version still feel really different. Additonally, more of the non power weapons other then the main precision gun are more viable to use

5 by far has the best weapon balance. Tons of weapons,.almost all of which are actually viable to use. Automatics are actually quite good.

Will go over how the core gameplay changes from game to game next post

The main thing is the introduction of equipment, which is a sort of "fourth group" of sandbox elements in addition to weapons, grenades, and vehicles. There are one time use pickups on the map, a bit like powerups, but they don't activate instantly, and are less modifiers on you as a player (which the overshield and camo powerups were) and are more "utility" tools, such as a gravity lift you can place to get up to higher spots, a motion dection mine, a EMP tool that you can throw and drains the shields of players around it, etc.

The game also adds "support" weapons which make you go into third person and lower your movement speed, such as huge machine guns or missile launchers. It also added random bullet spread to the BR in an effort to balance it, and brings back the AR, but the spread just makes maps have huge deadzones and the AR is basically useless and can't hit shit.

ODST is a single player only spinoff where you play as an ODST, not a spartan, so your movement speed and jump height is lower, your take damage easier and your melee does less damage. The game brings CE's health system back. Duel wielding is removed. There's what's called the VISR mode, which is basically like the scanning system in metroid prime and the map system it had and also acts as night vision, since ODST is partly open world/exploration based and primarily takes place in super dark areas at night.

In Reach, you play as a S3, not an S2 (if you don't know what that means you should read the books), so while you aren't as slow and weak as in ODST, you are still not as strong/fast/jump as high as in CE, 2, or 3. The CE health system/lack of duel wielding from ODST was kept. Equipment is replaced with armor abilities, which instead of being one time use items, are reusable, and are more about your MJOLNIR armor then seperate pieces of equipment. Examples of armor abilities are jetpack, sprint, armor lock (temporary invincibility, but you freeze in place), active camo (seperate from the powerup version) and a hologram decoy. They were very controversial among the fanbase because while in single player they were normal map pickups, in mutliplayer, in most modes, you spawned with them and chose which one you wanted on spawn, sort of similar to loadouts in something like CoD.

Reach also introduced reticule bloom, (IE, the more you shot a gun, the wider the reticule and bullet spread got), and assassinations (if you hold the melee button when doing an insant back melee kill, it plays a third person animation of you twisting the person's neck or stuff like that). It also changed how the shield system worked in that once your shields go out, they "absorb" any other damage that blow caused. For example, let's say you have 30 shield points left out of 100, and 100 health points left. If you got melee'd (which normally does 100 points of damage), the melee would only lower you to zero shields, and full health, rather then lower you to no shields and zero health. The bloom and shield absorb stuff was controversial too.

Personally, I'm neutral on armor abilites in reach and bloom, but liked the shield absorption.

1/2

4 removed the CE health system, so back to how it was to 2 and 3, and switched the shield system back to how it was to 2 and 3 as well, so no more shield absobtion. There is still reticule bloom. Your movement speed, jump height, and all that is further increased, but still not back to 2 and 3 levels. In addition to armor abilities being in loadouts in MP in most modes, so is your starting gun and grenades, as well as a perk system, like COD, and something akin to killstreaks. Getting damaged while zoomed in on a gun no longer takes you out of zoom. Sprint is no longer an armor ability, but an innate part of your core abilites like jumping or melee.

A lot of people viewed all that as the "Codification" of halo, and it's hard to disagree. Personally, I think the gun loacdout/perk stuff can be fun for shits and giggles matches, but it shoudn't have been the default. The killstreak stuff and lack of descope/dezoom was absolutely terrible. I'm neutral on sprint.

Descope is back,.(thank fuck). armor abilities, perks, killstreaks, and all of that is gone in normal MP modes, everybody starts with the same stuff. Sprint is still there, but is tweaked so that your shields won't recharge while sprinting, to prevent people from running away from fights they are losing. It also introduces a shoulder charge and slide for when you melee or crouch while sprinting, and thrusters midair hover, and ground pound, sort of like titanfall or CoD: AW. Unlike armor abilities, everybody has all of these abilities at once and are a part of your core abilities like melee or jumping. Health is visible in the UI in addition to shields, but there are no health packs. All weapons now are capable of zoom, not just some. You can clamber on edges as well, but there are still things you need to crouchjump/rocket/grenae jump for.

The general consensus is that unlike in Reach and 4,. the new stuff in 5 is well executed and works well. Most people, myself included, feel Halo 5 has the best core gameplay the series has had in a very, very long tim; IMO only second to halo 2.

The "spot dodge" thruster/jetpack was an armor ability in Halo 4, it was just seperate from the upwards only jetpack. In halo 5, thrust is one of your core movement abilities, and is implemented really well.

2/2

which image is halo and which is call of duty?

'Everyone defends CE'? Are you joking? It isn't uncommon to hear people complain about copy - pasted rooms, and people who haven't even played Halo know how bad the library level is.

Specifically as a Couch multiplayer shooter, Halo is good. It's virtually an apples to oranges case to try and really make a direct comparison to PC shooters. Most PC shooters don't really work on console as a local multiplayer type of game. It's designed around being played on a console.
That being said fuck 343i they're gigantic faggots that can't make an involving story and force you into it because they can't make it compelling enough to not make players want to skip it.
That's a key difference between Bungie Halo Vs 343i Halo, Bungie Halo has more respect for the player as the driver of action, rather than the 343i approach of the player being the vehicle that delivers the characters to the narrative that they want to tell.
And I say narrative because 343i is full of san fran, durr game design is political all art is political I don't know what propaganda is Let me say in halo 5 that finally female elites are allowed to fight despite that being confirmed by bungie in halo 2

I loved Halo back in the day, but now I can admit it's really not very good.

You shitting me man?
You can dodge projectiles on legendary when the projectiles travel even faster. The only exception is fucking bullet weapons

Pretty sure plasma shots aren't dodgeable from short to medium distance. I'm pulling this from faint memories of playing Halo on legendary. You had to play peekaboo and wait for your health to regenerate all the time. Even if I'm wrong, it's by no means a good mechanic.

A lot of non hardcore halo fans correctly criticize it, but any time you go in a halo thread here or on cuckchan and people go over the campaigns like 80% of people say CE has the best campaign and the best story which is obviously laughable.

user, I like CE/ODST/Reach's health system way better then 2/3/4's, but come the fuck on, 2 by far has the moist hidden shit in it's levels out of any of the halo games.

The Scarab gun ALONE BTFO's all the hidden screts in CE combgined.

Depends on the specific weapon and the specific game as well as difficulty level.

They curve more if you spin, since they slightly home towards your hands, that's how you dodge them

>Scarab gun, an easter egg, being the same thing as health and weapon pick-ups
Now I admit it was poor wording on his part to refer to them as secrets, as easter eggs can also qualify as secrets. But to make a sperate point, what made Halo 1 so approachable was the amount of ammo there was - more importantly, that it had to be earned by killing more enemies. Every shot you made with an alien weapon has to count, because you weren't getting any of that ammo back. Reloading was effectively turned into a reward for killing more enemies, but that died with dual-wielding.

D U A L N E E D L E R S
U
A
L
N
E
E
D
L
E
R
S

God the memories of playing blood gulch ctf on Halo combat evolved, that was my childhood.

you dunner boy

LEAD ME TO HEAVEN WHEN WE DIIIE

CAN YOU FEEEEEEEEEEEEL LIFE
MOVING THROUGH YOUR MIND?

You forgot:

first image is halo, second is cod, third is comparison with cod on the left.

first image is halo, second is cod, third is comparison with cod on the left.