So I played the demo of this yesterday and I'm shocked by how much I enjoyed it. It made me feel like a kid again

So I played the demo of this yesterday and I'm shocked by how much I enjoyed it. It made me feel like a kid again.

Did anyone play it? The full game I mean. Is it worth the money?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.na.square-enix.com/product/403978/dragon-quest-builders-day-one-edition-ps4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

someone dumped a rom in the last general, i surely hope you tried before you bought it.

Wasn't for me. But I can't doubt it's a good game.

What makes it objectively good and not just dumbed down Minecraft for nips

I'm still in the first chapter but enjoying it as much as I did the demo. I didn't expect to like it either at first.
I would say it's worth buying, but I don't know about full price. I bought it and I'm not regretting it so far, but I don't know how long the game is.

You sound like a shill. Give me details, nigger.

I've never played Minecraft so I can't compare it. I never played it because it seemed boring and pointless to me.
This one is more like a somewhat traditional RPG but with block base building.
Your goal is to build a safe town for NPCs, who give you a few requests and blueprints of what they want, but apart from that you can build it however you want. When you're not building, you're exploring the world and fighting monsters to get materials for more building and unlock more shit along the way. The more you do that the more NPCs move in. At some point monsters will start to regularly attack your town and try to destroy shit and I personally had quite some fun building walls and spike pits to prevent them from coming in.
I don't know what else is going to happen yet.

The games feels more like a 3D Terraria than Minecraft, but yeah seeing just a trailer or something makes you think of a minecraft clone.

I'm in the first chapter too and i'm having real fun, more than i thought. Literally the only flaw is that i have to play the psvita version on my pstv and it looks like shit because the fuckers went complete jew and didn't translate the PS3 version. I blame Sony for this since they did it for other games too.

Minecraft has a few problems with conveyance and motivation. It's very much a "make your own fun" kind of game, because the story and progression otherwise is completely non-existent.

DQ Builders gives you a vague storyline about how the world was robbed of it's ability to build due to evil magics, an evil Dragonlord who conquered parts of the world, and a sort of hopeless post-apocalyptic fantasy world to run around. It's not much, but it says "you're the legendary builder and you have a mission: save the world by rebuilding."

Then it gives you NPCs with personality who actually help you. If a monster roams into town, some of the guys will fight alongside you. If you set up a workshop or a kitchen, they will use it and leave you useful items to grab in between exploration.

Then those NPCs give you missions that encourage you to explore farther and search for certain things. The things you find and discover help you unlock new recipes which feeds back into this simple loop of constantly building up your town.

On top of all of that, the game actively, eagerly even, tries to simplify several of the annoying gameplay loops. Like, they give you cheap to make recipes for cosmetic blocks that overwrite and replace the dirt you've built everything else out of. So you don't have to tear down everything, you just need to use a few tile-replacement blocks to spiff everything up with brick and stone walls.

There's also stuff like the colossal chest which gets rid of the limited inventory very early in the game and just lets you pick up as much stuff as you want without worrying about running out of space.

Just found out that if a NPC gets defeated in battle you get to manually pick them up and carry them to a bed to lay them down there for them to recover.
Just a detail but I liked it.

Yeah I thought it was going to be crap. Played the demo for at least 3-4 a hours few nights ago and had to force myself to shut it off so I would get a good nights sleep. Very addictive and comfy. Reminded me more of a old JRPG then most modern JRPG's. It hit that je ne sais quoi (mindless/cute/autistic/grindy/relaxing) itch that I used to love as a kid.
I also ordered world of final fantasy, shantae , and Gravity Rush 2

Even though theyre onto episode 8 of the story game. Even though the base game has the ender dragon.

Is it just sony shilling or did faggots here really buy a console?
I keep seeing PS threads all over, with reddit spacing and endless shitting on the other two shit console brands

You're probably like 19 though.

I bought it. It's cozy as hell, but it is very railroading due to better materials being locked through portals.

I can't say much negatives other than the god awful controls. X should be jump and triangle should be inventory. Having X be inventory is really awkward.

Yeah I wish you could rebind the controls in game. You can do it through PS4 settings but it swaps it for all games. ☐ should be attack, △ should be menu, X should be jump and O should be check/talk.

Go back to reddit yourself you faggot.

hey. when youre looking for a change of pace give terraria a whirl

I like it a lot. But in Canadough it's 55 loonies. Pretty nuts considering it's digital only in North America.

But does it have the autism potential of minecraft? Or will it end up forgotten like that LEGO game

that is kind of silly

i havent forgoten about it, im just not about to give warner bros money or buy an early access sandbox game

Nope
store.na.square-enix.com/product/403978/dragon-quest-builders-day-one-edition-ps4

oh the vita version is Digital only.

I was talking about the Vita version. I also just checked the store and the exact price is $53.49 CAD.

It probably doesn't have the longevity of Minecraft just because of the third person camera, it's a real cunt to build anything enclosed since you can't easily get the camera inside buildings. This really hurts verticality since you won't be building houses on top of houses so towns are always going to end up building out instead of building up and that's going to fuck over replay value.

but it's not a randomly generated building game like minecraft. Its an action RPG with a story. You just level up and compete quest by building shit. Its more like a refined version of 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Yeah I get that, I'm just saying it's not going to have a lot of replay value or people using it as a building sandbox.

movement and block placement sucks, to be honest my family

Just make the camera go downwards, that always seems to work.

Have you been drinking the chemicals under the sink or something?

recent refugees gotta fit in somehow

Is your mother also your sister? It's pretty straightforward shit, if the camera makes it a pain to build vertically then people aren't going to do it. If people aren't building vertically then every town is going to be the same kinds of flat and sprawling. If every town ends up feeling the same, people are going to get bored faster and stop playing. Ergo, the camera controls affect how long people will play the game.

Well, I guess 2 out of 3 games being good is a start. WoFF is meme filled. I'm not sure how it is otherwise.

Please kill yourself.

I think you misunderstood his post. He was telling the other user who was getting triggered by line breaks to go away.

Haha classic

The story game is completely separate from the base game.
How does that have anything to do with a story?

Aesthetics are all classic Dragon Quest.
It's like playing Dragon Quest 1 except instead of jrpg there's minecraft "mechanics". You do quests/explore to earn more building/weapon materials, recipes and attacks. Also base defense. It's fun and comfy beyond what I was expecting.
Autismd town into a mayan pyramid using full vertical dimensions and that fucking boss just jumped all over my shit goddamn

You slay the dragon and the credits play. Youve reached the end of the story. Unlike most games, Minecraft is actually 100% sandbox so it has the elements of a story and world built into it, but like the blocks, its up to the player to craft their own story out of what has been provided

All you do is click the right analog stick when in a roofed building and it zooms into a pseudo-first-person camera. It's not perfect but it works well enough. I've build a five story tall fortress in chapter 3 and have no camera issues whatsoever.

All you do is click the right analog stick when in a roofed building and it zooms into a pseudo-first-person camera. It's not perfect but it works well enough. I've build a five story tall fortress in chapter 3 and have no camera issues whatsoever.

Dunno why that posted twice. Anyway, I was talking about the PS4 version, forgot there was a Vita version, so I don't know how it works there. Sorry.

yes but it's active time battle x pokemon gameplay is fun, you should check out the demo. I really wish it was not trying to cash in on the nostalgia and was more a traditional title but as someone who's favorite FF game was 6 and 5 this is the closest thing to getting back to the roots. Same reason I like Dragon Quest builders because even though it is new mechanics it feels comfy like a classic JRPG.

I was bumbed out about no games on PS4 for awhile now but my library is starting to grow with some decent titles.
Bloodborn
Disgaea 5
Toukiden: Kiwami
Senran Kagura Estival
Gravity Rush Remastered
The Last of Us Remastered (got it for free)
God of War 3 Remastered (got it for free)
Dragon Quest Builders
Shantae Half Genie Hero (not exclusive)
World of Final Fantasy
Gravity Rush 2
Persona 5
Uncharted 4 yes I know but I still like Uncharted games fuck you
Pac Man championship edition
Dragon Quest Heroes
The Last Guardian
Devil May Cry 4 Special edition
King of Fighters 14
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Transformers Devestation
Resident Evil Remake
Oddworld New 'n' Tasty
some other shit…

Vita has no clicks on the sticks so you have to swing the camera around under your feet to get it to zoom in so you can swing it back up to look at things and even then you still have the character model blocking most of the screen.

Building up doesn't make anything more or less the same as out, the camera being annoying to you does not outright prevent people from building up, and none of that significantly affects the game length or replayability to even be worth considering. You only have two dimensions in Terraria, but that doesn't stop people from spending countless days, months, or years building huge cities and structures.

Go away Notch

What gets unlocked when you beat the time requirements in each stage?

That's the shit monster hunter clone where the AI can carry you through the entire game right?

Does this game help you feel better about buying a PS4?

Well it is super comfy.

So is a space heater

Remember everyone, this is perfectly fine!
But don't you dare insult a nintendo IP or that is console warring. :^)

Holla Forums has unfortunately always been a bunch of Sony shills shilling to each other.

I could go on and on for the reasons why but the overnight acceptance of paid online is an obvious example.

I mean I wouldn't suggest anyone go out and buy a PS4 but if you already happen to have one this is certainly a game worth buying.

Are you sure you're in the right place?

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/

I have actually enjoyed it more then I thought I would, but there's a lot to say about it.
If you like the Toriyama Dragon Quest art style, then it has that look going for it. If you like autistic building block games, then this definitely what you're after.
That said, a few shitty things that baffle me. First, there's a fucking hunger meter, which I hate in Minecraft and I hate here. There's no point for it, except to be annoying. Second, trying to build a proper roofed structure is a nightmare, because of the camera. There should be some sort of roof/wall cutaway so you walk around inside, instead of glitching the camera to a foot away from your character. One benefit to a first person camera. I don't know how this got through playtesting.
I am still playing it though; it scratches that specific itch.

Speaking of Dragon Quest I've been on a binge replaying all the games I can emulate in the series. Why is DQ the most comfy JRPG and why don't they Port more of these games to PC and translate them into English?

DQ X is PS4 only in Japaneses
DQ 9 was Nintendo DS
DQ 8 was PS2
DQ 7 was PlayStation
DQ 6,5,3 was on SNES fan translation only
DQ 1-4 where on NES

Not a huge fan of port and reboots but Square Enix really could make a killing by making Collector's edition for the DQ series.

it a clone, I wouldn't really call it shit tbh. But you might be right about the AI companions never tested it out. Its not easy unless you spend a million years grinding all the best gear.

Ive heard they have an internal mandate to avoid marketing DQ games heavily or even moderately, because they don't want it to compete with FF, their main RPG series.

DQ9 was bretty gud, shame you need a server spoof or gameshark to unlock the full postgame now

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. They fucking censored crosses on gravestones in the english version. Thanks butthurt Jews.

I did JUST for this game. I didn't really give a FUCK. I mean, I have nothing else to do with MY money, and it's not like the game is SHIT or anything. Time to fire it back UP again anyway.

Neptune is a more believable god than IEHOWAY or whatever.

What even happens if the hunger meter runs out? It really seems useless.

So, what is it, $60? Won't buy until it's at $20 or lower. I've played the virtual legos before in Minecraft, Terraria and the countless spinoffs and there's no way there's enough interesting stuff in there to warrant that asking price.

It looks really good, but not $60 good.

You keep using a little bit of health until you starve to death build a cafe

This is the power that being without a wife and kids gives you. It's wonderful.

You loose one HP per couple of seconds until you eat more food or die. Incidentally it also makes charging up your power swing more difficult because damage ticks of any kind cancel it. Starvation isn't much of a threat by itself but it can catch up to you if you find yourself with low HP from a mob of monsters or fall damage or even from being poisoned.

Practically speaking, hunger isn't a problem once you get some villagers and a kitchen going. The only time hunger gave me any issues was the very beginning of Chapter 3, where you have to do more than just grab stuff off the ground to get food build a fishing rod, no more problems

I only had real problem with hunger in ch. 4 where the entire world is ruined and it takes awhile to get a settlement going. Still don't know where you get frogs or Scare root.

DQX is on every console and on PC but avoided Microsofts.

Japan onry

The reason is likely because of SEs highly incompetent head of localization.

Just preordered a PS4 Pro earlier today, DQ Builders was my tipping point. Gonna grab a copy of Bloodborne and probably Diablo 3 for it, and FFs 15 and 12 once they're out as well.

This came out on the Wii? Fuck. I've been hoping for a good DQ trilogy port to come out on the 3DS so I can have 1-9 all in one place all at once, but if they're not even localizing the ones they do make, then what the fuck.

Don't forget Nioh.

What about NieR Automata?

but its only in Japaneses. I like the game but not enough to learn moon.
well all they need to do is translate that to English and Port it to PC and they could make an easy penny. Sure you can emulate most of them now and their are fan translations but it would be nice to not have to deal with all that nonsense.

I want the Sony shills to leave.

Baring them just fucking with us again, they may be bringing it over (big money on PS4 only) since they started talking about fan demand could lead to it.

They'd just go over it with the mobile ports which I think at least one was fucked with their usual bullshit when localizing Dragon Quest.

I don't think your statement means what you think it means. You just implied he has plenty of money…

Be a stupid consumer all you want, but I don't buy a game console unless it has at least 15 games I want to play. PS4 doesn't even come close.

Also:
Kay

You know you want to play Dragon Quest Builders user. Just because you are too poor to afford it doesn't give you the justification to try and derail this thread by crying over a console you cant afford.

user, only poor people engage in console wars out of insecurity that their little children's toy console is all they have. If I want to play Dragon Quest Builders I'll do it on my PS3 or Vita. PS4's are for cucks like you.

PS3 isn't translated and the Vita is a poor choice for this game, the screen is too small and the camera isn't as controllable.

I'll stick with the PS3 version. Though I am curious, why is the camera harder to control on the Vita? It has two analogue sticks.

then why are you trying to turn this thread into a console war?

Do tell me what console I am currently "trying to turn this thread into a console war" for?

Yes when there was never a console war to begin with. You are merely imagine that shit.

So first I'm turning the thread in to a console war and then I'm just imagining one. Keep back peddling nigger. Honestly you Sony shills are fucking pathetic, so insecure that you have to push the PS4 in people's faces and make smug statements pretending like children don't run down to gamestop to buy the exact same console you have. You're a mark, user, you're a sucker, you've bought a DRM machine with no games. Stop being a smug faggot, and stop starting console wars, fuck off back to cuckchan if you want that shit, I hear it's all the rage there.

Its simple solution honestly. buy a PS4 and play bloodborne kid.

Doesn't it cost less to buy a good enough comp for the PC games of today?

>>>/cuckchan/

you are not winning this fam. Just because you are a salty Nintoddiler and that Dragon Quest Builders is not common out on your Wii doesn't give you the right to shit up this comfy thread. Mommy is going to have to revoke your GBP this week, that means no tendies 4u.

You pretty much get the same performance for the same price.
The only difference being that you get the whole PC library "for free"

Anyone who doesn't own a PC that can max all games is also a pleb and not too different than console pleb, these people like to laugh at 30fps on consoles yet also play at 30fps or can do higher only if they pretty much turn all settings down to N64 tier

Learn to check ids retard.

Go back to cuckchan with your tryhard console wars "fam", we all know where you came from.

The game is fine on the Vita, never had any problems with it. Complaints about the camera are overblown, maneuvering in small spaces won't be a problem for anyone who's played a third-person game before.

Filtered and reported to le Jew for not baiting the hook.

So you do it for free then? Go cry to teacher more, consolecuck.

still salty that I can afford a PC and consoles? pls you nintendrones are a one trick pony. Can't even engage in a old fashioned flame war without getting your jimmies rustled.

I like how you Sony shills think anyone against Sony must be another consolecuck. Honestly hilarious. And you may own a PC, but you're still a console cuck a sonyfag because you just shit up this thread shilling for Sony. No matter what you say you can't back peddle out of crashing this thread with no survivors out of your desire to consolewar shitpost about how everyone who doesn't own a PS4 is poor. Seriously, go back to cuckchan, no one wants you here.

It has actually evolving gameplay.

You play the first area and there's X quests with whatever mechanics. Usually amounts to grabbing an item or person, so you can learn how to build a certain object, leading up to some tool that'll make a final boss battle for that area possible.

Then you move to the next area, and as well as that area having a new "theme", there's new mechanics to go with it, so new buildings to fulfil those mechanics and new ways you have to adapt to the new environment.

Ultimately it DOES boil down to sort of minecraft, but the fact that it actually has story elements, boss battles, and some requirements for thought as opposed to mindless mining, puts it way above MC.

It feels more like Dark Cloud with Minecraft mechanics

It honestly feels more like 3D Terraria to me instead of Minecraft, but that might just be the third person perspective.

And it allows you to avoid some of the worst of the resource grinding via "flooring" and "cladding" thet transforms common soil blocks into more specialized blocks. Also bombs don't destroy drops and charge swing with a hammer mines many blocks at once which makes mining much faster.

PC VERSION FUCKING WHEN

you keep telling yourself that kid

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS PC NEVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but honestly who knows Dragon Quest Heroes came to PC might be worth picking up on a steam sale

Isn't the rumored sequel rumored to have multilayer?

Having 75% of a thread being a retarded back and fourth argument about shilling is more disruptive than actual shilling at this point.

Yes buying a console this gen is a waste if you care solely about value for money, that's all that needs to be said unless the thread is specifically about consoles. There doesn't need to be sperg outs in every thread about a console exclusive on a board that moves so slowly

What happens if someone pulls a Crytek and make something no one can run well at max settings?

If I snapped the head off, how much blood would come out?

No doubt there will be multiplayer.

I can't afford a newer pc because all my money is going into train and bus costs for uni. I'm thinking of doing a program to work in the states during Summer. If I can that is. If not, peasentry continues.

you are actually the one using

reddit

spacing

rather than
not
really
reddit
spacing

thats the point, read the post hes replying to

Well I've completed everything but the speedrun portion of the main quest and I'm looking forward to free mode.

I have 4 bitcoins and a grand in the bankcoinbase lets me spend one thousand using the shift card when I need it
I cannot justify buying a PS4 just for infamous, or even for moddign it in the future

I also cannot justify buying a WiiU right now just for spatoon
I also look at my over 1 grand PC and think how much of a waste of money it was when all I want to play is stuff like intrusion 2, stardew valley and influent

PS4 is not worth getting right now

Really the mistake of this entire console generation is that it shouldn't have happened. They should have just continued the last one up till now ant into the near future. This five years and done for console generations is bullshit and has to stop. The NES wasn't five years and done. The Famicom really wasn't five years and done.

It's p great but honestly the combat needs a huge overhaul, it's boring and the hitboxes are garbage. I'd like to redo the chapters for the challenges but chapter 3 is just too long and boring for me to care

NEVER EVER POOR FAG

Just finished that game last day, it was a lot of fun. Lost many hours of sleep just doing shit left and right. Now I,m gonna try to do the challenges then go Terra Incognita.

Oh god, I felt my heart sink when I imagined replaying chapter 3. Still, when I go for the speed challenges, I'd be using a speed guide anyway, so it wouldn't be that long.

Do we know who localized DQVII 3DS yet?