So this is going down in 21 minutes, who's watching it?

So this is going down in 21 minutes, who's watching it?

Me I guess, gotta watch something during cardio.

Doubt it will help much, it's 12 minutes long.

Is this one Jap only?

Shit, that is way too short.

yep

Going to watch it but my nip level is low. Maybe some big patch to make Cross/Generations not fucking suck ass would be nice.

IT STARTED

DOUBLE CROSS
KILL ME NOW

DOUBLE X
TURBO HYPER FIGHTING
Switch exclusive

If it comes west, it's going to be "Monster Hunter 2nd Generation" or some shit, won't it.

Are those two more fucking hunting styles?

FUCKING BARROTH, YES
Also that Diablos looked like a Deviant

So it's fucking nothing, basically.
Call me when I can play the game in the resolution they show in that video.

What was that, they're re-adding G Rank?

YES
They clearly said G quests

I hope they fix all their shitty hunter arts, their stupid amount of gathering quests, their lack of good weapons at endgame and their lack of anything interesting.

So let me get this straight:

Pretty much, yeah.

I havent played MHX, what are styles?

They change a weapon's set of moves.

cancer is what they are

Comeplete trash that needed at least another 3 months dev time.

Never going to happen til the switch, or it might be on Nintendo's next small portable.

Given that Nintendo's next-gen small portable is code-named the 'MH', I'd say it's a distinct possibility…

I'm rather more pissed off by a flagship being diablos (triablos? diapointfivablos?) . I fucking hate that cunt

Wonder if we will get it in english
Normally we only get the versions with G rank but not with X

I think you're onto something user.

I imagine that horn break to be fucking satisfying

I knew Capcom was going to drop quality to make it a yearly series after it got big in the west but it doesnt mean it aint sad to see it come to pass.

sad wew lads.

sad wew.

Can't wait for kikejin hunter to hype it up as 11/10 GOTY. They ain't gonna fix shit - calling it right now.

I wouldnt know i stopped following him this week when he was "testing facecam" with the greenscreen setup in his cuck cupboard where his wife forces him to sleep on a cot while she sleeps in the bed he bought her for her girlfriend and her.

Kill yourself.

How much of a faggot has he become?

I used to love his favorite weapons lists. They were so comfy.

Thats more than enough for a good session user. Apply yourself.

Haven't seen that one yet. I think I might have a fetish for watching cucks getting cucked

His content is neat for the most part. But his views - oh boy.

The man is a living failure trying to get a twitch partnership. its mr happy all over again.

So uh, am I just racist or did all those nips at the end look exactly the same?

Behold, the room his wife lets him sleep in. An actual Cuck Cupboard. A cuckboard.

This is how the modern cuckold lives.

How long till he snaps?

Hes intimated his daughter is actually "my wifes daughter" so hes been cucked long before it became a buzzword.

that was a made up news user

Out-fucking-standing

I'm starting to feel bad for this spineless blob of clichés and sadness.

ただ

top kuck

wew laddie, that cuckold looks like he has hit with a downs bat.

His animated version looks better on game theory.

How about bitching about tits and ass in 2D?
Shitting on GamerGate?

You know, the fact that this Holla Forums has developed a reputation for being the biggest shitposters on the internet that never, ever play video games seems to become more and more of a reality with each thread.
Does anyone here even give a fuck about video games anymore?
When was the last time you even played a game for more than 1 minute before uninstalling it out of boredom?

Oh what the hell, is he seriously married to a lesbian? Did not know that.

Go back to Reddit.

Oh man I wonder how they're going to fuck up everything even worse. I knew capcom was bad, but jesus MH makes them most of their money, so I expected some caution as opposed to "lets throw in shit from the game so bad people don't even like to think it's part of the franchise"

I have been playing these since Monhun on the PS2, save your victim complex for neogaf. Capcoms seen every major ip it has other than monhun do progressively worse and are churning it out faster with less new content each time. That is reason for concern. Trying to push some 'its the dread cabal of internet haters!' narrative is some foggotly shit reserved for the likes of neofags and polygon. I'm sure you played 4u, maybe tri and want to tell us how you are 'the oldfag sick of kiddies getting in now' but the fact that you dont even recognise this is recycling frontier content shows you dont know what the fuck you are talking about so try to leave the brand defence shillvalry for the 'listen and believe' websites. Beleiving any dev can do no wrong because you like the brand and trying to silence valid criticism lead to brands like warcraft, diablo, metroid and resident evil to become the shitshows they are now.

blind brand loyalty is for shills and underage fanboys with a complex. ask yourself why you are feeling compelled to strawman to push a narrative rather than consider that maybe there is actually some worrying shit going on with this ip right now.

fucking us vs them brand shill i swear.

That's a great idea. Smash the Matriarchy.

Oh good, a new monster hunter trapped on shite hardware. Call me when they stop using Nintendo's shit.

I thought Cross was supposed to be a spinoff

Everyone who actually liked the series wanted it to be.

What really surprises me is that people didn't stop listening to the gaijinhunter retard after finding out that he has exclusively mained nothing but bow for over one thousand hours
I just can't fathom how someone could pick up 'LBG: retard-that-doesn't-understand-ammo-edtion' and play it more than an hour or two without even having even the slightest desire to swap to another weapon for a while. Having a 'main' in monster hunter is ridiculous enough with how little it costs to invest in and how easy it is to learn a new weapon, but of all the weapons to 'main' he picks fucking bow.

I usually pick a different weapon to play through the entire game through with each iteration, before expanding to other weapons after hitting endgame, but that's around 300 hours or so. How the fuck do you play the game exclusively with one weapon for one thousand hours?

How can anyone have so little self respect?

Nice computer chair though.

"It's a spinoff", they said
"It won't have a G version", they said
Well, now I don't have the money to waste on this bullshit again
You win, capcom

This.
Been playing since the original, even emulated dos.
I knew when I saw the bug stick and the charge blade that the series was going down hill

sauce on the cuck shit?

you know there's been yearly releases of monster hunter since the original, we just havent been getting the non-ultimate versions until gen

They are fun weapons but are animu shit that reminds me of Frontier.
Half the complaints here are the Frontier monsters and no one ever puts two and two together and realize the beginning of the end was with the over the top unbelievable weapons.

Frontier doesn't even have dash GS or guard point LS.
Kill me.

"down hill" doesn't have to mean a steep slope
Yearly releases will kill any game
Even assassin's creed had some hits early on

Come on user

I've been saying this for years and nobody believed me until it got to this point. Capcom is trying their hardest to kill the series as usual but people just keep buying it.

For frame of reference, have you actually played either mh1 or dos? If you have your perspective on the series is very different, however the Iglaive and the charge axe weren't the first warning bells in the series. Stuff like the gunlance, switch axe, the multitude of small elder dragons, and basically the whole of frontier while you're at it, were all indicators of the series heading into mediocrity that were apparent much earlier than two weapons that were mechanically alright, although still a fair bit more out of place thematically than anything released to that point.
Yearly releases, g-rank recolours/re-skin, quest re-hashing with no variety in objectives, the drift away from hunter-gatherer vs dinosuars to action-man vs dragons by simplifying all the non-hunting aspects of the game. These are all much more poignant things to bring up than the comparatively small nail in the coffin that the jumpstick and charge blade represent.
Although, with how Capcom's been acting the past decade or so, I'm surprised we even have any half-decent games released after FU, so as far as I'm concerned the series is already dead and everything we're getting now is just a nice bonus.

you can't seriously be comparing the spinning, transforming, magical-charge-storing, explosive-shockwave-throwing charge blade to a lance with a HBG strapped onto it.

I'd be willing to defend the two new weapons mechanically, although they were grossly overpowered in terms of their numerical damage output, since they don't actually invalidate any other weapons, but they are definitely the most exaggerated weapons to come out of the series to this point.

Nearly everything about how the charge blade works in-universe is adequately explained by how it's used in-game
It doesn't break muh immulsions because I can plainly see how it does what it does

Oh I see, you're the kind of person that thinks literal explanations are all that matters in designing a good piece of media. Enjoy being a philistine and have a nice day.

It doesn't do anything that other weapons don't already do

if you're going to look at monster hunter weapons that way, there's no possible way a longsword or dual blades should be able to harm some of the beasts you fight, nor should hammers or greatsword be even wieldable

If you compare it to the switch axe I'd accept that. I don't understand why so many people are jumping up and down to lampoon the charge blade when the switch axe already comitted most of the same faults the charge blade has. However, every other feature I've mentioned as an example of the exaggerations of the charge blade do not apply to any of the other weapons.
Aside from spinning and dual blades, if you were going to be a cheeky little shit and talk about it as if it were the motion of the weapon and not that locking motion the charge blade does when it goes from sword to axe mode.

No its because there are fucking bugs already in MH that are fucking eaten by wyverns and elder dragons.
In MH its normal for hunters to be able to damage monsters USING PARTS FROM THOSE MONSTERS.
With certain weapons you can outright not damage monsters.

Yet your telling me there exists a beetle that can somehow bite through an elder dragon made of fucking metal?
Its not even consistent with the games internal lore.
Which is a tenant of rule building, you faggots started playing MH with Tri and you think you are fucking experts because you group hunt.

vespoid weapons. stop making my side of the argument look weaker by spazzing out you retard

>I'm going to ignore plain metal weapons because it suits my feeble arguement
Keep it coming, my sides can take a little more punishment.

bugs cant damage other species? u wot?

in fact vespoid armor had some of the highest dragon resist in the entirety of mh1 and vespoid weapons were the earliest weapons to gain access to the dragon element.
Not that it really matters, see:

The argument is about the degree to which belief has to be suspended and how that affects the players experience during the game, as well as the mechanical changes (and lack of changes) that have occured throughout the series' development, not whether my headcanon>your headcanon

Yeah and vespoids can damage any enemy.
Also it only goes up to red sharpness which isn't high enough to damage everything.

I swear you faggots don't even play the game.
Let me ask you this, can the standard Iron weapon damage every enemy?

I said the fucking bug on the end of the stick faggot, do they have a beetle breeding farm? Does the beetle just magically appear with a stick?
Do you find them in the wild?
Why not just breed them in masse and have them swarm the elder dragons when they become a problem.

It spins as a part of it's transformation
You even specifically call it a "locking motion"
How in the fuck is weapon transformation okay, but a piece of mechanical technology rotating into place too much for you? What line does it cross?

why exactly cant a beetle pierce a dragon's hide when tiny daggers can? and i'd assume the bug is some sort of pet that can only be directed by a matching stick or something. logical explanations for shit has never been a strong point of monster hunter

I'm not demanding typical logic I just want consistency.
You cannot use every weapon to damage every enemy.
There is sharpness grades, also for certain weapons sharpness can be somewhat mitigated based on damage type and attack type.
A longsword in demon rage can pierce hide because of the damage boost and berserk nature of the attack.
A Greatsword can go through one toughness level it otherwise couldn't when charged.

However I don't understand how a spear always comes with a fucking insect, how this insect only changes in colors yet is able to produce a bite more powerful then some nigga with a sword of dragon bone smacking down with the combined force of 300 lead midgets.

Bugs can get in between the scales and shit, and the hits are much more focused, which is also how daggers work compared to greatswords
Though it is bullshit how they're automatically paired with the glaive, I just want to raise a beetle pet damn it

This part. There's an inherently different approach to what at a casual glance the mind sees as nothing more than a chunk of metal, or at worst a folding missile weapon, to a weapon that frequently and consistently requires complex locking machinery when being used as a glorified bludgeon, and a bizarre method of storing kinectic energy and somehow 'transferring' that energy to the surface of aforementioned transforming bludgeon, in order to cause explosions to be imbedded in the surfaces it strikes.
Remember the issue here isn't that a viewer cannot suspend their disbelief for such a weapon, but that the degree to which belief is suspended changes. Anyone can suspend disbelief to accept that a retarded catoon girl is a space princess that inexplicable lusts for a wimpy japanese teenagers cock, but that changes how the story is viewed by the audience, and how it can be appreciated. The argument that is being made is that as more degrees of disbelief need to be suspended, the series drifts further and further away from the aspects of it that made it unique and therefore enjoyable. This is due to the overprevalence of extremely exaggerated and excessively exciting media that floods video games, cartoons and anime.
If you disagree and think that monster hunter is fine as it is, than it is a matter of preference, which is a different argument. However all I am trying to prove is that the switch axe, and to a greater degree the charge blade, was a key component in increasing the degree to which disbelief needed to be suspended, as they have both done many mechanical and physical things that no other weapons or technology had done in the series to that point.

I no longer have any idea what you are trying to say and I cannot believe that you are posting in earnest anymore, enjoy your (you)s.

Looks like we've gone full Frontier now.

Hopefully the next mainline game will be a soft reboot like Tri was.

God forbid its where all you fucking faggots got into the series and fucking ruined it.
Worse thing about you, is your fucking cancer but completely unaware of it.
It will be fun watching the series you ruined now be ruined by even more cancerous faggots.

You deserve it.

At least Tri was better than FU

I hated Tri when it first came out because it got rid of almost everything I loved about the earlier games but the idea of scaling down from where the series is at now is what I'm talking about. Calm down.

As much as tri brought a lot of bad things to the series, I was glad to get away from 10+ recolours and E.dragons and stuff that FU was doing. It would be nice to see a new game that reduces the over-the-topness again, although I highly doubt we'll get one.
Also I'm pretty sure the guy you're responding to is baiting or something though, he keeps taking making really bad, borderline nonsensical arguments, and using them to say things that people who started earlier in the series often say.

hey guys

You have to go back

I'm not sure what I'm more disappointed about, the fact that Double Cross is a thing or that I'm already setting aside money for the import.

You are the disappointment, considering you can pirate it easily

I imported MHX too.

I hope they do the only right thing and keep hyper bosses for high rank only, so you can skip them completely until you have G Rank gear.

I imported MHX as well, there are slightly less shitty players when it's japs only.

Boy am I glad I can into moonrunes. Fuck trying to read the damn kanji with MHX's shitty font though. Like godDAMN.

I don't even know how to read moon and I managed to clear everything just fine. MonHun is the most piss easy game to play without knowing moon thanks to all the fucking resources it gets online within the launch week.

okay, that's nice.

Also: My money is on MonHun Daburu Kurosu 2nd Generation in Q4 at the earliest.

TL Note: "Daburu Kurosu" means keikaku

So, is this going to be localized as MHGG ?

Lel
I just hope they make hypers high rank only

Oh fucking please let this happen.

Fuck you Poke'mon GO, fuck you so much
If XX comes out on the NX Switch I'll probably get a copy.

Monster Hunter Generations X

This hunter art shit is going to start the downfall of the MH series. I can only expect this shit to get even more casual/easy as time goes on.

Monster Hunter G Generations?

Have you ever been bitten by a bug irl? A bee or dragonfly could easily draw blood. I'd imagine a beetle the size of your arm could take a chunk out of a dragon.

I have a heard time believing any of this without proof.

No sir. Won't be paying for this unless they bust out a Switch version so I can play on a damn TV

If Capcom wanted to kill MH they'd make it less grindy.

There'd be no point to play it after ~10 hours if you remove all the RNG and bullshit weak weapons / monsters like Nargacuga and Kushala Daora

that actually looks pretty comfy.