Video Game Difficulty Adjusted Automatically to Keep You Playing

THIS AFFECTS VIDEO GAMES TOO

archive.is/VTyB7
archive.is/g3vUl
archive.is/sd3XC
archive.is/PCZrq
archive.is/iPvKQ
tl;dr There is technology in use now that can detect your emotional state and honesty from computer mouse movement.

Neuro-ID is a company that sells this technology. It can be set up for a company in 5 minutes time for a demo or installation. The alphabet soup agencies are in on it and it is certainly being replicated as we speak.

The study at the University of Arizona determined that when you are upset or confused your mouse movements are bigger (sloppier and slower). When you are happier they are faster and more accurate. This can also be used to detect dishonesty on questionaires, polls, etc. If your mouse hovers over any answer, you change answers, or your movement patterns shift between answers all of those indicate a problem. It knows how to adjust for noise; people tracing under words they read, bumping the mouse, etc. This data is compared against yourself and everyone, so it can see if you are always acting weird or just now. The technology works on any device, in any language, is encrypted, and can be easily employed.

The applications right now are fraud detection, insider threat, advertising, and gaming just to name a few. In fraud detection it is over 90% accurate in identifying fraud. So it really just focuses the dragnet. The implications to privacy and surveillance should be apparent.

For example 2 years ago they were in negotiations with Microsoft to use this technology to modify Xbox player behavior. They would detect if you were getting upset and adjust the difficulty accordingly with the end goal of getting you to play longer.

It was also used by loan companies to detect fraud and identify new patterns. So people often lie about having bankruptcies in their pasts, but future questions correlate more strongly to loan success. I.e. future divorce>old bankruptcy

It can also detect for countermeasures and control for them. That part isn’t fool proof, but the National Science Foundation is funding a 2 year study where they will employ and mitigate countermeasures.

They are also coming up on major venture capital that could propel it to grow even further. Neuro-ID is a small firm now, but it will grow. Also this technology is easily copied and used by any state or non-state actor.

This technology has incredible potential in surveillance (the NSA already uses it), fraud and lying detection, and ecommerce. Big firms and government agencies have already begun to purchase it. The whole enterprise is riddled with NDAs and security clearances.

At this time it can only be used to detect positive or negative emotions and how intense they are. This data is interpreted in the context in which it is employed. Longer term studies will be able to narrow in on the specific emotions expressed (so anger vs fear not just good vs bad) and probably even more.

This is a new level of surveillance that is possible, it will grow, it is already in use by major companies and government agencies. People need to know about this because right now they don’t. This is a major privacy issue and data imbalance. Once more the powerful have another tool by which to analyze and control the masses. Please let the people know. I will not be available for comment use the links provided.

Holla Forums bread
archive.is/urJtn

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/rabite?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is in other threads too. If you want more caps find them.

Kikes own Video Games now, just like Hollywood. You are either in denial, projecting, paid shill, fucking stupid or smart and have moved on to only playing games from pre 2009. Fuck off.

Clever reply.

twitter.com/rabite?lang=en

I guess if there's a problem we should just let it happen. Great idea.

What is the problem? If you are playing video games from after 2009, you fucking deserve the shit hole you are breeding.

I don't see how anyone can benefit from tracking how angry or happy I am playing a game, especially since they can just save themselves the effort of such a system and go "Hey asshole did you enjoy PRODUCT???"

What, will I get detained for being tracked showing a negative emotion towards something that I shouldn't have?

So we won't be able to lie to computers? That doesn't sound very bad on paper…

As for adaptive difficulty video games, I'm on the fence but support just standard difficulty levels for now rather than some one size fits all stuff.

Adaptive difficulty has been a thing for a long time.
Crash Bandicoot 2 has it.

I know, but now developers could probably throw it in willy nilly without having to actually create such a system themselves.

I remember Valve would track that kinda thing within their own games to some end.

I don't play videogames, I also don't like mind control. This is a tool to silence dissent and cull thought criminals from any organization.

Checked and wrecked. The problem is the end of secrecy online, ie where all of our decisions and interactions occur. This means that any dissident can be shut down more easily.

The adjustable difficulty can be applied to ensure a complacent populace. Play the game goy. Don't worry about anything outside of the game.

To what end?

How would this work? Don't you need a software running in the background to be able to track mouse movement? Will Windows/NSA soon include it?

I don't mind it as long as I can turn it off. If I get my ass handed to me repeatably by something I'd like to actually feel the triumph of beating what had beaten me instead of being given the win like I'm in the special Olympics.

I never knew, I just remember from some of the TF2 and Portal 2 developer commentary modes mentioning that they track what players do.

Now that does sound concerning.

But this sounds like conspiracy theory.

Market data, feedback for patching out frustrating areas, more feedback to know which parts of the game stimulated certain emotions and the ability to use all that to make a more specific product, reduce the risks of making people upset and in the end shove more microtransaction in their faces for when they are happe and might impulse-buy something.

Pop up purchase requests are going to be a thing in AAA games fairly soon.

Wouldn't shoving a microtransaction request in the middle of a game you're enjoying instantly spoil your mood and make you not want to buy, since just telling the request to fuck off would usually be much quicker than actually buying something?

Ugh, yes, now that kind of blatant emotional manipulation is fucking awful.

No it doesn't.

it works in a manner similar to polygraphs.
polygraphs don't actually work to tell to tell if someone is lying or not if they put researched effort in how to defeat them. But they do detect stress very well.
I'll leave it to you to decide whether you think letting the government and corporations know your stress level and overall mindset is a good thing or not.

for you and me? yeah.
for normalfags pavlovian trained on mobile games? it'll make money. and if something makes money, no matter how much it ruins a game for you or me, AAA will implement it eventually.

I mean, hell, Dragon Age has a NPC in your camp that you can't get rid of whose only purpose is to market DLC to you. You don't even know it's DLC until you finish the quest conversation.

The alternative to conspiracy theory is the coincidence theory. Call it whatever you want, but the tech is out there, in use and in secret. No one was notified that the NSA and CIA are using it. No company has to notify it's employees or customers about the program. It is a powerful program that no one knows about. That means it can be easily abused without us knowing.

Professor Sniffy no. ;_;

Leaning towards not, since I'm predisposed to being stressed…

As much as I'd like to I can't influence how buy happy others are. At this point I don't know what to say besides AAA games suck and no one with a shred of intelligence here should be playing them, but that assumes that sort of shit won't eventually wiggle its way into smaller devs and publishers.

Modern Consoles always imitate the worst parts of PC gaming.

not exactly, many people especially PC gamers don't seem to realize how exclusive game development works and why it works best on consoles. This has always been the main draw of consoles, but I've never really seen anyone accept it. They usually take this as some defense of exclusivity, rather than what such exclusivity grants to games and how it benefits games as a whole.

It doesn't benefit games as a whole, it benefits particular companies.

I'd love some degree of exclusivity these days. Everything is is ported to everything else with often tenuous results, so there's no clear best option and every options has various bugs and defects.

Depends on the game I guess, sure you won't want one to pop out in the middle of the action, but during pauses/inbetween levels, you're going to be bombarded.

Mobile games are managing to reek in mad dosh from addicts, it's only a matter of time before the big corps follow suit.
And you know casuals are going to eat this shit right up.

It's also a feelgood feature for women, who can now play on the lowest possible adjusted difficulty level, still beat a game and feel like they've accomplished something, while shit corps might use it to purposefully make a game more difficult for some people and then release stats on the lines of "Women are getting better at videogames than men, 60% of the users who completed our game are female!"
Agenda pushing made easy.

As if modern videogames weren't bad enough.

I hope that this is just overthinking it on your part, but still this is likely to be exactly what happens.

If it ever comes to that I'd like to imagine there will still be that part of vidya that's still fun to enjoy, that doesn't care about all the outer bullshit and just focuses on being fun.
I mean if it exists now, why wouldn't it exist then?

If you are here now, you probably know that you can hope for the best, but it's always better to also prepare for the worst, and since jews are trying to make everything for everyone*, I'd expect some of this bullshit to eventuallybe thrown on the wall.

*except white men

Hopefully yes.

I'll prepare for the worst by sewing my wallet shut. As Ghostbusters demonstrated, jews understand only one thing, money.

Xbone already give you fauls on 2kXX if you had the mic and swear or so

How they are going to recognize I'm mad at the game and not the lag or the nigger on the other side?

Why did you type this?

Cuckchan Holla Forums couldn't figure that one out. They are fucking stupid.

I was that disgusted and annoyed.

how do I invest in this company? that's what I want to know…sounds like it will get tons of government contracts and maybe some vidya ones too…probably will be aquired by faceberg or something along those lines in the futre, that means big payoff

how do I invest in this company? that's what I want to know…sounds like it will get tons of government contracts and maybe some vidya ones too…probably will be aquired by faceberg or something along those lines in the futre, that means big payoff

Boxing vs Kung Fu