What was your reaction when you saw this trailer?

What was your reaction when you saw this trailer?
youtube.com/watch?v=jzQPZUMqd_0

Fuck you Capcom and Team Weaboo! was my reaction.

OP is the kind of guy who Toddposts and thinks he is being genuinely funny.

Sorry, I just played the game and wanted to have a discussion about the reveal.
Also toddposting is hilarious

the hell is wrong with toddposting?

funny thing was, I was defending this game early on, then the info started coming out more and more about it and it sounded worse and worse. After that was the journalists and Tameem shitting on us. By the time the demo came out I was a little bitter, but I was still hoping to be surprised… within a few seconds of playing that demo I realized just how badly they fucked up one of my favorite game series'. I ended up pirating the game and playing it through on all the difficulties just to be able to break down why the game was so horrible to all the idiots screaming "lol, ur just mad cuz da hair!". I don't think I've ever been so mad and disappointed about a game since.

Wasn't the main developer litterally a self insert of himself to replace dante?

initially yes, then there was so much outcry he changed the character a bit but inserted himself into the story at the end. It was rough.

I loved the Devil May Cry series and wasted outragous amounts of time in 4 unlocking super nero and super dante. I really wish this game stood up to the over the top actions scenes of the 4, while I prefered some of the settings in DmC more to be fair. I particularly enjoyed the house setting where the house would break apart and reform, I wish that was in Devil May Cry as well.

my reaction was pretty much the same. I actually waited and gave the game a fair chance. at first it didn't sink in but the more I played DmC the worse it got and the more I hated it.
glad I got it used

I remember reading that he said he liked the hair cut so much that he got the same one.

Compared to what we had in the end that trailer looks cool as shit.
They like, fucked up their own fuck up, if that thing is even possible.

I just wish he didn't look like a coke addict. The game was fun and had some unique aspects and some similarites, but it didn't need to be a Devil May Cry reboot. It would have done ,probably better actually, if it didn't take the name and just released as some new title. Dante has gone through some pretty crazy renovations from 2 and 3, but this teenage form and reimagination of every character really tossed away a lot of fans.

Well since I this is kind of a Devil may cry thread I guess I could post this here.

Now take this with a grain of salt. and forgive me for posting Reddit shit but this guy posted some bullshit and at this point I'm so desperate for DMC5 news that I believe it.

but yeah he's got no source to back up any of this so feel free to disregard this.

I'd say the Vergil campaign could have been fun as its own thing, but the main game would have just been a mediocre, forgettable action game. Between colored enemies, lack of a lock on, cringe worthy story, dumbed down combos, weird camera that would disable enemies out of it, and terrible designs(aside from some levels), it would have just been forgettable, especially if you were to compare it to DMC4 or Ninja Gaiden.

Also, some of these issues became pretty rough on harder difficulties making the game go from mediocre to just plain bad.

I'd say my worst memory with the game was having to fight one of those blue enemies with my angel weapons and spending a good couple of minutes just knocking him up in the air with the scythe, then switching weapons to whittle down his health seeing as those weapons really don't do any damage. There was no challenge involved, it was just knock him up in the air, switch weapons to do a little more damage, repeat.

I'll choose to believe it out of desperation. Please be a real Devil May Cry 5. The sequel we deserve.

They just introduced Nero and left so many questions. Is Nero the son of Vergil, considering the devil trigger and sword? Is dante his uncle?

And I agree with that statement on some harder difficulties being nearly impossible with the camera situation. One I remember was being trapped in a room with some enemies that could throw (saws I believe) projectiles, and the projectile could frequently come from behind your camera.

What about in the shitty new zelda threads?

being able to run a game at constant 60 fps on a toaster is already a huge improvement over UE4

Didn't DMC4SE run like shit?

I ran it fine. All the news of Devil May Cry 5 came from the developers teasing it a few times this year, but nothing confirmed.

First, it laughter then it was anger. Journalists like the taste of Western dev cocks.

Daily reminder.

I didn't care and forgot until I came to Holla Forums and saw all the stupid shit the devs said. the bloggers defending it constantly with bullshit sure didn't help.

They can not fuck this up. They simply can't afford to. If they do fuck it up then it might be the first time I will actively boycott a videogame developer for good.

Consequently there is a 90% chance I will preorder it as the first game I have preordered in almost 10 years.

Pic related was all I needed.

Just call it Purgatoryville, we'll get the point.

Where's that not in a million sales image when ya need it

I'm glad this flopped, but it would've done better if it stuck with the quiet smoker donte instead of asshole donte, cause it wouldn't have been the worst idea

I'll continue to love and hate this game till the end of time, if only for vergin's stupid ass fedora and it's removal in the remaster