Nier:Automata

GAMEPLAY OUT

THOUGHTS? LOOK GOOD?

I need that boar and deer mounting sequence edited with 90s Europop.

It actually looks pretty interesting, but I'm just glad it isn't another Drakengard 3.

Glad to see boar drifting is back. Hope we get new magic instead of copies of Nier's though.

It will carry the worst aspect of D3, aka the "westernization".
It will be "localized".
And Taro is ok with it because he doesn't give a fuck about piggu western.

looks fun but

there's been a PC port confirmed for a while now.

HE FIXED THE BROKEN MASK

yea but it also means they'll sacrifice something to get it onto a ps4

This is a Platinum game, if you're a graphics whore you're completely out of your element here.
Hell, Taro games always looked like shit even pre-platinum, neither Taro nor PG give half a fuck about making their games pretty.
All PG gives a shit about is 60 fps on all platforms, and tight ass combat.

I'm loving it, OP

That's a fucking lie and you know it. Both Bayonettas are a disaster performance-wise, and their newest offering (TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan) is a disgraceful piece of shit that has garbage MMO combat and runs at sub 30 with a 30 cap

Bayo 1 was terrible on PS3, fine on WiiU.
Bayo 2 runs just fine, i have no idea what you're talking about there.
That was the C team.

A team: new IPs with Kamiya
B team: sequels to games made by A team and big "mercenary" projects (MGR, Nier etc)
C team: licensed projects on a tight budget, money making trash, they get paid before the game is out so they don't care if it sells like shit (that's true for all PG games really).

Sometimes C team nails it tho, see Transformers: Devastation.

Oh boy, this excuse again.

Believe what you want.
For what it's worth i actually think A team is shitty, because Kamiya is half retarded and obsessed with QTEs.

As far as i'm concerned B team will always be the best, and the team that makes the most solid games out of PG.
They're less innovative, but way more solid and consistent.

fucking epic xd

Looks like fun, I'll pick it up when the PC version comes out as long as there is either a demo or no denumale. Hopefully the localization doesn't get butchered or they at least let you play in nipponese on the PC version.

I heard the first NieR was also localized by the same group but they were kept on a much tighter leash which is why it wasn't as bad.

drakengard 3 happened between nier and this, however. I don't want to judge the product before it's out, but 8-4's involvement isn't giving me confidence. Still at its worst, the game play looks extremely good. Enough to sell the game on alone.

Well shit I didn't even know that was the case, I had always assumed NieR came after D3.

Well I hope they don't fuck it up but fortunately for me 日本語を話す (at least if the PC version even has the option for nipponese).

Also daily reminder that you CAN learn Japanese

I think you can turn on Japanese audio at the least, so you will know when the characters say something fucky in English compared to what they actually say in nip.

You got a source on that? It is a common feature with Japanese games on PC, but I'd like to see it confirmed.

Glorious

Does the protagonist have a PEANUS WEANUS? This is VERY important to me.

That does seem to be the case since you can see a bulge in the initial reveal trailer.

I hate that they put easy mode in the game, it makes pleb think they're good at video games. I hope they put something to make fun of peoples using it like mgsv and ninja gaiden

Hope the story is good.

I wanted a sequel to Nier Replicant. A niche JRPG not an action game. Still beggars can't be choosers. Nier didn't exactly sell well.

Gamers a shit.

Ah SHIT FUCK GODDAMMIT.

I forgot about 8-4. Current year.

If it's like DoD3, they'll offer the original track as DLC.
Kinda sucks, but 2,50 bucks are something I can deal with.

Are you going to come to every thread?

begone shill

Looks pretty good.

We can patch the PC version.

Just hope the PC port isn't delayed and Denuvo'd.

Not likely
Fuck

What am I shilling? Was that a yes?

If it's any consolation, only Eidos IPs have so far been Denuvo'd. Too bad they're the only Sqeenix games to come out on PC since Denuvo became athing.

I heard it has denuvo so it may not be possible to mod everything.

Is there any proof it has it?

We can hope that they think NieR is too niche for Denuvo, only the big AAA games need it.

There is still no information for the PC release other than it's happening in the first place.
I keep seeing this claim in threads and have not yet managed to find an actual source for it.
Also might have a point since The Turing Test apparently did not have Denuvo.

did you play NIER?
it was a mediocre action game with an exceptional story

MULTIHOOVED DRIFTING

Why is Yoko Taro forcing 8-4 if he hates gaijin so much?

I mean there is a chance it could have it but till there is legit proof I'm going to have some hope.

What do you think?

Yes user I played Nier.

And it sure as hell wasn't Bayonetta.

I don't give a fuck, it's a red flag of lazy development. Fucking PS2 games had holstering animations and weapons/sheathes actually attached to clothing/armor.
And don't feed me bullshit about magic or super technology or whatever the fuck lazy ass explanation there might be.
This is trash, entire game will be trash. This trend needs to die.

no pc no buy

Do I have news for you.
inb4 Steam isn't PC

That is literally nothing more than one user spamming that whenever he sees NieR Automata mentioned. There has been no statements about the game's DRM by anyone, that user just feels the need to constantly say it for some reason. Maybe he was raped as a child by Yoko Taro and this is his revenge, I don't know.

To add to that, where is this "denuvo= no mods" thing coming from? Is that actually how it works? Why would DRM prevent the replacement of textures and such?

Denuvo is essentially runtime encryption, so it makes modding difficult but not impossible. For instance MGSV has some mods like infinite heaven as well as custom textures and shit, despite being a Denuvo title.

k

squeenix is putting that shit drm in every game they release

As much as I'm dying for this to be real, I don't think its been confirmed, sadly

important to me as well

LINK ME NOW BOY

Settle down man

All sources point to yes

What ones?

would changing the shit localization be possible with Denuvo?

I'm not psychic, user. It would ultimately depend on the final implementation. Although, if subs and stuff are stored as plain text, it should be possible, Denuvo or not.