Best new series to watch on 2018

Nice collection of trailers: 36 minutes in total.

Other urls found in this thread:

scifistream.com
tvmuse.com
ajc.com/news/world/black-twitter-boycotting-black-panther-because-michael-jordan-isn-dating-black-women/Tl3BMXI3tOHVqyPF6a7djM/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For now:
The Terror- AMC
Ash vs Evil Dead- Starz
Counterpart - Starz
Krypton - Syfy
Waco - Paramount
Hard Sun- BBC ONE
Siren - Freeform
Cloak & Dagger - Freeform
Good Girls NBC

Book premise sounds neat.
I'll watch it all at once when I'm bored on a weekend.

What is with every single fucking period drama just adding pointless drama and sex scenes in? You can reduce the entire series down to 2 episodes and get the same return on it.
Looks like shit. Can't think of a single reason to watch it. I did like how they so elegantly portrayed every redneck as a kiddie fiddler, though.
I smell kino. Looks worth a cautious look.
Looks like shit.
I will predict the future and say Reddit will love it for the next 6 months and not shut up about it.
Couldn't care less. The original story was shit in the news, so I can't imagine they'll make this any fucking better.

Googled the girl from Siren cause I figure the CGI face was going to be expensive… turns out the only thing they changed about her was her eyes, she's just creepy as fuck looking naturally.

Her cheekbones are fucked, else she's be fairly attractive.

Cloak and Dagger might actually go with the story (mostly). I know it's on their kid-friendly channel, but they're keeping in the darker themes like Tandy's drug use and turning to prostitution.

All the trailer shows is Cloak being hounded for being black and Dagger doing not a lot.
They keep saying they want to put characters over powers, and keep relating them to other heroes and their personal struggles, which screams to me that they have no budget and are keeping actual superhero content on the sidelines.

It's Freeform, they have almost no budget, so they will be focusing in on the characters. Mainly Tyrones gang issues, and Tandy's problems with drugs and prostitution.

So how was the original source better?

While it was still a feminist shitheap, it didn't have every single male as a villain.
The show also leaves out a lot of the conflict and dumbs it down.

In Europe, the consensus for american comics is that you simply need to be retarded to enjoy them. No one, young or adult, can possibly enjoy reading about the adventures of supercops dressed for carnival. Such lectures were easily contained: no one bought them nor discussed them, and the few who tried were just ostracized.

Wrong thread nigger.
Also, Europe tries to make their own superhero series every 5 or so years, and every time it fails because the European market buys American superheroes instead.

Wrong, capeshit comics don't sell at all. The genre itself is too stupid for Europeans.

is pretty kino and we are already in the third season. So you have some pure kino series to watch.

Siren girl is ayy lmao hot, I will watch it for this, at least the first episode. I am sure it will inspire me great faps. She feels like a combination between the Splice creature and the one from the horror film SiRen (2016).

Like I said ayy lmao great faps. You just have to be onto that kind of shit.

What about her humongous tits?

You need to stop. Sirens are not for sexual, and this one isn't even the good kind of Siren that tricks your dick.

Why are they not for sex? I have sex with whatever magical beings I want.

I do hope you're not asserting those pitiful B cups are "humongous".

She looks like she has a decent figure fully clothed but that cgi clip was pure anti-sexy.

You guys have shit taste in women. Her cheekbones are fine, it's her nose that is shit which kinda ruins her whole face and accentuates her prominent feathures. I knew a girl who looked a lot like this gal except her nose was actually good, she was a QT.

Nah, it's her cheeks. They look like they've had major work done on them, and in the trailer, they look almost flat on her face.

They look humongous to me.
=^_^=
I prefer A Cup myself tbqh.

You're the user doing the soyboy character with the "girlfriend" with the feminine penis, right?

guilty as charged

Sirens are a warning. Beware! What are we being warned about?

She looks like Miranda Cosgrove.

1 hour and 45 minutes is optimal length to tell a good story.

What a Slut, I am in Love now!

Sadly nearly 8 million followers on Twitter and Instagram.
Never heard of her until today, she will probably won't notice me ;_;

Bump famalam.

Are there any other shows coming out this year I should be aware?
All on my to watch list at the moment is the new episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Orville. Everything else returning is shit and there's no new shows worth watching.

Here are some others, names of the shows in the description.
Also I like watching on this website for some scheduling scifistream.com
and I watch my series there:
tvmuse.com

Alt-Right BTFO

Seen first 2 episodes and it was alright. Watching the 3rd right now and the focus of the first few minutes has been on his daughter developing powers. Only gripe with the series is they're putting drama over action, which means they're either going to stagnate and not develop the plot as there's no action to drive it, or they will run out of drama and action will be shit.
Didn't like Always Sunny from what little I've seen. Friends always try to get me into it, but they say you have to skip a large portion of it to enjoy it. I find if that's the case, then the show isn't worth it at all.
This looks like a very similar situation in which a bunch of rejects (honour students, in this case. I think that's the yank term for smart kids?) pulling pranks and being dysfunctional.
Why would I want to watch washed up actors try to reinvigorate their careers with nostalgia? The plot sounds pretty stupid and sounds like nostalgiabaiting the entire audience into watching it.
I like Donald Glover. He does what he wants and doesn't care about the norm in Hollywood/LA. Hopefully he delivers something more true to the comics here, as he loves comics, and keeping it separate from the rest of the films can only help. Naturally, it will be taken over by Soyboys and Rick and Morty experts.
I like animation, but Marvel never puts out anything good in the medium.
I didn't even really connect that the 5 films all had Jack Ryan as the lead. I do like Clancy's work, but the adaptations (outside most of the games) are shit. The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger and Patriot Games were good, though, so maybe there's a shot at the series being good.
Some new memetechnology, and then even after you create your own story, the director comes out and invalidates everything with his own take. Essentially, he's only directing his show then adding red herrings to distract, but pretending to the audience that they're real and viable.
Marvel shit. They haven't even got a network and they want to air it this year, despite most networks already having scheduling finalised. Expect Disney to pull some strings and force it into a timeslot.
Superhero comedies don't really work. Powerless tried and failed, and the constant quips of Marvel films even grinds the gears of numale audiences and paid critics.
Films were shit, can't imagine how they can better this. The thread we have about it suggests it's political bait against Trump, and their last film predicted a Hillary win, so I expect it to be full meltdown-tier.
The video summed it up as "Friday Night Lights meets Glee", so that's all I need to know that it'll be boring.
Interesting premise, but probably won't be great. Maybe some of the episodes will be nice, since it's an anthology, but I've seen anthologies try to do overarching plots like this and it usually forces the writers into shitty corners.
Christina Hendricks in skimpy clothing will make me watch it, however.

Delete
I will not watch it for sure and pretty sure that black women won't watch it for sure.

ajc.com/news/world/black-twitter-boycotting-black-panther-because-michael-jordan-isn-dating-black-women/Tl3BMXI3tOHVqyPF6a7djM/

In other news, Black Panther is being hailed as a "cinematic masterpiece". Considering this is a Marvel film and they're all the same, we can be sure the critics are grasping at straws to defend it.

They look bigger than B to me.

Can't wait to downvote this film on Imdb and RT.

Disney has a network. The own ABC and Freeform.

Re-read what I said.
They haven't confirmed a network for the show, so Disney will have to force ABC to air it somewhere, like they're doing with Agents of SHIELD.

It's not forcing ABC to do anything. They OWN ABC. They're keeping the show in house, simple as that. No one expected it to be on a channel not owned by Disney.

ABC still has it's own executives and decision makers.
They chose that they didn't want to keep airing AoS as they wanted something new to go in that timeslot, so Disney had to step in and mandate that they keep airing it.

Disney doesn't run every single one of it's companies manually. They run independently and Disney merely speaks to middle-men for each company.

Sweetie it"s O.K. to be gay!

Thanks for the b8

It's SJW bullshit.

The Ed Kemper one (mindhunter) has some pozzed shit in it too (cucking and muh strong independent female + the obligatory LGBT shit) but the non-pozzed shit takes over it, it's watchable.

Europeans have folk tales. American comics shit is what happens when you are a mongrel nation that has only one culture: pop culture. And they want to do this to the whole world through globalism.

Why

Do

You

Do

This

To

Hurt

My

Eyes?

It's easier to read.

No, it's quite the opposite. Mostly due to the light background, but also because segmenting lines like that causes problems reading it sequentially.
t. user well versed in print communications for 20+ years

Actually it's much easier to read spaced out like that.

No, it really isn't.
Adding the light blue background, it kills it.
Now, if you're using a theme with light text on a dark background, it's slightly better.
Aside from that, adding too much spacing disrupts flow in speech for the reader, and is also a strain on the eyes to drop to the next line.

I've done professional design before personal computers were on the home market (and very rare on the commercial scene), and I can assure you from lots of trial and error on the part of myself and others in the print industry, that psychologically, humans cannot read text, in any language, easily when it's spaced like this.

The spacing isn't what makes it difficult to read on the light blue background, it's the green text.

No, the same effect occurs with normal text.

In almost all languages, text is broken up according to relevance to previous sentences.

Thus, when you break up the flow, your brain has issues.

Namely, it insists that the two sentences are separate from each other in content.

This is because it assumes the break in text denotes a change in subject.

It's not pronounced if the spacing is smaller, say, Reddit's shitty markup.

However, when you're dealing with full line breaks, it's harder to read.

A single break
Like this is fine.

But anything more and the brain has issues connecting the idea.

This forces the reader to have to re-read the text multiple times.

If they don't, they have significantly reduced memory recall on the subject.

On the other hand, if you combine lots of sentences with different subject matters into a paragraph, the brain similarly can't handle the differences in language.

If this was the normal way to read and write, and not be counter-intuitive to language and brain design, it would be common, and people wouldn't complain.

Say hi to Kathleen Kennedy;)

I think it's easier on the eyes. But then again I have a 2k monitor.

Nope. The increased resolution shouldn't matter. There's still the same proportion of blank space to text.