Wii U Autopsy Report - Hardware-to-Software ratio of SEVEN retail games per console

Whole buncha numbers from Nintendo's quarterly reports, TL;DR'd below.

Documents: nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/earnings/index.html
Hardware and Software sales: nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/index.html
Financial Results Briefing: (not uploaded yet)

Refer to pics #3 and #4 for all the remaining announced releases on 3DS and Wii U.
(For some reason, Project Giant Robot is still showing up as a possible future release, though there's been no news about it since E3 two years ago)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.co.jp/news/articles/2016-10-26/OFH4MG6JTSFW01
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who the fuck does that. Even the worst of normalfags that just rebuys Sportgame every year would buy more than that per console, no?

don't try to understand the mind of the normalfag.

I guess maybe the people we thought were normal fags are relatively hardcore and there are even more casual casuals behind them, people who buy less than 3 games for a system. Although then again there aren't really any more than 3 games worth owning between the Xbox One and PS4.

Think about more than three games that are good for each console, because I can't.

The Dark Lord of the normalfags took over when the CIStendrones and the Galactic Sonyte were fighting amongst each other in the Console Wars.

Name the generation.

Consider that a giant selection of people that purchase 360/Bone/PS3/4 treat it more as their BluRay/Roku/media center with the occasional game.

I believe the thing to take away from this is that those that decide to buy the Wii U are at least going to get the most out of it with exclusives. That and the figure boom is dying

SPOILER:The games mentioned are only brand new games, secondhand doesn't count towards that and even normalfags buy secondhand

Surprisingly, no.
If you buy more "new" games than what the store tries to offer you alongside a hardware bundle, then you're above-average. There's fucktillions of people who act like consoles are hyper-expensive plug-and-play systems, to be traded in the next year as soon as you're bored of it.
I have a relatively normalfag brother who bought a new DS Lite with a couple of games, sold it after a few months because he needed the money, bought a new DSi a few years later, and sold that one when money became tight again.
He repeats this cycle in each console generation; the only reason he even has three PS4 games right now is because I bought Tearaway for his birthday.

Nintendo wins again

I am surprised he doesn't just play games on his smartphone(or emulate GBA/DS on it).

He does.
I've seen him playing Pokémon Emerald on a smartphone emulator.
Your guess is as good as mine.

Jesus, I buy one game per month. I mean what else am I going to spend my money on?

Prostitutes

So $299 at launch?

If Nintendo are combining their home console and handheld platforms with the Switch, are they still going to support the 3DS or alternative that's cheaper than the Switch?

What about the poor fags or those who don't feel like paying $299 for a handheld hybrid console and $59 for games just to play on the go?

Poorfags should be spending their time learning not to be poor, not playing games.

Only because they've already released 98% of the entire roster for their Super Smash Bros line, which has lead to a very, very noticeable decline in the frequency of Amiibo releases. All that's left are Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin.

Toys-to-life are slowly going out the door, but I suspect that Nintendo will hold on to their Amiibo line for a little while longer simply because that they're doing it right. It's not overtly complicated like Disney Infinity and their numerous power-up coin/chip thingies, and the characters that come out are recognizable and iconic, unlike Skylander's little creative abortions.

bloomberg.co.jp/news/articles/2016-10-26/OFH4MG6JTSFW01 All signs point to one more year of new 3DS releases.
If 2DS is the current "poorfag" console, then 3DS and New 3DS will join that tier once the Switch launches.
They've still to release Pokémon, Ever Oasis, Monster Hunter Stories, a Mario sports title, the Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World ports, and that 2D Pikmin game, so it'll have momentum for however long it takes to release those.
When the 3DS release schedule dries up for real, Nintendo will probably funnel the poorfags and younger kids towards Nintendo's phone games instead.

god i completely forgot about that

Especially since those poorfags already have 600-700 dollar phones.

That's what you get for naming it after a previous console.
Who wasn't going to think it was just an addon for the Wii?

So what you're telling me is Nintendo had the "core gamers" this gen?

Kinda. Pretty much everybody who bought a Wii U was well-informed, knew what they were getting into, and went straight for the good shit.
Unfortunately, "core gamers" aren't numerous enough to carry the success of an entire console. Casuals still think it's an addon for the original Wii, so they ignored it.
Having made the same mistake once before, Nintendo's gonna try to repeat the Gamecube-to-Wii cycle by making casuals want a Switch more than they want custody of their wife's son.

Yeah, looking at my stack of games, I probably bought about 4 or 7

More announcements from that financial briefing thing.

This doesn't seem to be counting digital downloads, which I'm pretty sure the core audience is more likely to go for. (because the bigger your library, the faster you go 'Fuck this, I'm tired of switching discs all the time)

Finally, a bit of good news.

That Engrish kills me every time.

Shit, I think even I own more than that.
3D World and Tropical Freeze are emy personal favourites out of them. Mario Kart's okay. I liked Sonic Racing Transformed better, though. W101 was a lot of fun, I think it deserved a better reception.

Actually, I might have to keep an eye out for price drops on some games, now that I think about it. I kind of wanted to play Hyrule Warriors, and I think I'd be willing to overlook the shitty censorship on Xenoblade Chronicles X and that FE game if they were in the right price range. It would have to be pretty low, though.

Yep, all of them are nigger rich, gotta buy what's trendy, even if you go into debt.

Depends on your definition of core gamer. I'm not sure how much buying Nintendo first party games would make a person a core gamer.

Bloodborn
Bayoneta 2
Rumble in the Bronx
Jackie Chan

amiibo sales are declining still making another mario one how about restocking some of the earlier waves.
its not even going to be close to those numbers