3DS CFW+Homebrew: 11.2 Update Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0-11.1:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
On 11.0, Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.
For 11.1, everything from 11.0 applies, but browserhax and menuhax have been patched, so no more homebrew either without freakyforms or otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/Yc8TYGeV
archive.is/GHHyd
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Installing-arm9loaderhax
archive.is/mXuMS
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4atLqCvfqJcV2lIVnRwdUlrdkk/view
volafile.io/r/BEMPBnJ
torrentfreak.com/megaupload-2-0-will-outsource-file-hosting-and-prevent-takedown-abuse-161025/
gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#black-screen-on-sysnand-boot-after-installing-arm9loaderhax
romulation.net/roms/NDS
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_DS_ROMs/32
plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started
plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Try browsing the 3ds homebrew subreddit and gbatemp to see if somebody else has had your issue and solved it. Otherwise, post as many details about your issue possible. We'd like to avoid posting solutions that don't work because you left out that detail or a solution that you have already tried. We can't read minds folk.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/Yc8TYGeV
Last Thread: archive.is/GHHyd

So, the new update fucked up NTR compatibility.

I'll just wait for a fix that doesn't require a downgrade, I don't mind taking a few extra steps.

If you already have cfw installed can you update your sysnand to 11.2?

How hard is going from a 9.2 3ds with Emunand(LUMA) to A9LH?

Of course

Effortless

N3DS? Piece of cake. O3DS? Slightly longer but also piece of cake. Follow The Guide™.

Luma3DS had to update recently to support it for some reason.

You got NTR'd. Serves you right, all homebrew should be FOSS.

the worst part is over

once you're 9.2 you're home free

Is anyone else like me and craving to hack more 3DSes?

everybody goes through that phase

Explain. Is it better than NTR?

He's saying the fag that wrote NTR should post the source code so this shit could be fixed and improved as soon as an update hits.

Holy fuck, I agree so much it HURTS

Closed-Source is a cancer in this world and Cell9 deserved to get his shit handed to him, fucking chink.

How could a homebrew dev not be open-source what is with people?

I think I just missed my university days of hacking PSPs for cash. Shit was great I loved doing that stuff anyways and I got like 20$ for like 10 minutes of work.

No idea, that probably explains why NTR is so FUCKED to begin with, It's the only thing that will allow me to use plug-ins IIRC.

Any updates on DS loading?

no

Well, well, well.
He edited his OP.

fug

NTR is fixed
Thank the stars.

I wonder if aurora will integrate NTR with Luma if he releases it

10 dorrar or wait months
your choice

It'll come eventually.

Confirmed for 11.0 FW for those wondering. I think I'll take the plunge.

He's the one who fixed the booter, so most likely, yes.

Why this one?

It's just a nice color. haha

Just get the Zelda one and save yourself the stress.

The cheat option doesn't show up under the NTR menu in sunmoon demo, please help me.

I have cheat.plg in the menu and everything, there's a code that will disable the black outlines and make the game look like Pokedex 3D, which looks fucking beautiful in /my/ opinion.

Is a Zelda n3ds at or under $200 or not sold used by gamestop (who update all their shit now)?

Yes, actually! Ebay has them in good condition!

I want cummies

you made me look you goy you

man my backlog is never going to end even though i keep switiching from my vita to my 3ds

Some nigga in the share thread told me I could rip music off .cia files with some program, can someone tell me which one does the job?

Have you tried using a search engine?

how much time should I set aside for the whole thing from start to finish?

A few hours

Yes and I can't find shit.

Some just don't want people claiming the original program is theirs (which is understandable with the fucking big heads people in 3DS homebrew seem to have), others don't want you seeing how the program works, others want kind of a brand-name. I remember Smealum wouldn't divulge how the fuck HANS worked back when he was fruitlessly pursuing bringing NTR and other emunand-only features to userland until that JustPingo idiot and his (admittedly capable) posse were finding strings related to CFW and 9.2 firmware back when they were peeling apart HANS on their own. Strings they were finding were just logs and deprecated dev-functions related to Smealum being forced to touch an icky-yucky-poo poo piracy-capable system to actually test anything he'd made and HANS didn't actually have any downgrade capabilities or anything else relating to piracy, but the overall point there is he didn't want anybody knowing how it worked until he was forced to open it up because everyone involved with that scuffle had gotten egg on their face.

How hard is it to take apart a piece of software like that? I'd have to guess that it's very hard, but I have no actual concept of it or its process.

Only hard if you don't know how the fuck it was compiled, in my extremely tiny experience with programming, but chances are I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about with that too so take with a grain of salt.

a couple? or more like 3? or 5?

Undub user can probably set you up with the necessary tools

Somewhere in between or less. The bulk of the time spent is from waiting for nandbackups.

So, I already have Emunand and I using DevMenu for CIA instalation. When I restore my Emunand, will I still have access to that?

Of courshe

it can't come fast enough

Why would you subject yourself to that? If your connection failures you have to start over.

not really, dd lets me specify a start point and i can just append the new data to continue, i'm also redirecting any errors to a log file so if it happens i just have to rerun the commands

also here's my mii i think he looks quite a bit like me

Lucky you, I've had to restart a .cia transfer to my sd many times because of shit connection.

Is it normal for the loading of dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin to take a few tries?

i don't think you get what i'm doing exactly m8
i'm running a program called DD to make an exact bit by bit copy of what is on my 128GB sd card on my 3ds by plugging the SD card into a shitty chinese phone with a usb 1 port then connecting it to my kubuntu computer.
The transfer speed sits at around 1.5-2MB/s

No, I understand. I say lucky you because you have such a program to aid you in case your connection ducks up.

there's nothing stopping you from doing the same lad, you can install gnu/linux or run it through a livecd and use this same program. It doesn't necessarily have to do what i'm using it to

user plis

join the gnu/males

Don't fall for the linux meme, user.

the guide is autistic as fuck nowhere can i find how to downgrade my cakesfw 9.2 3ds to 2.1.0 so i can dump the otp and get a9lh

Would any of you happen to be able to point me in the direction of bigbluebox's devkit csus?

you got it the wrong way around, user.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
Put some back bone into it next time.

Perfectly normal.

t-thanks
i have 300 tabs open on chromium and 300 more file manager instances and i'm sweating bullets

calm the fuck down. Just follow instructions and there is literally nothing that can go wrong.

I'm using this as a guide:
>github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Installing-arm9loaderhax
I'm trying to update my system but it keeps giving me an error, guide says if it doesn't work set DNS to auto and if THAT doesn't work I need to restore a backup through Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax.
Thing is, holding start on boot up just takes me to the regular menu, and not the arm9loaderhax one.
why might this happen? how can I fix this??

sounds like you don't have the hourglass9 payload on your SD.

try doing that or do it again and re-try. are you sure you have AL9H? see if other payloads work, like holding select to go into Luma config. are you still on 2.1 or what?

Try holding select on boot and see if the luma settings come up. If they do then a9lh is installed. If that is true, then make sure you have the hourglass 9 bin in your luma payloads folder with the appropriate button tag.

well fuck me sideways, this is what i've been missing, works now.
Thanks user, I'm almost embarrassed to have you solve such a simple fuckup for me.

I'd just like to make sure, since the guide doesn't specify, I should choose the second option, right?
The one that restores sysNAND while keeping a9lh

Wait, no, sorry, the guide specifically says 'restore' and only the other option says restore.
sorry for being a retard, i'm a bit nervous.

wat do?

IF you're on N3DS, that's normal. Otherwise, as long as your 3DS has A9LH installed, you should be fine.

i'm on an old3ds and yeah it has a9lh installed. so i'm just fine and i can jump to turning my old emunand into sysnand?

Yup, just be extra careful when messing with NAND shit, because you don't have your OTP.bin. Also, you should check files9 if you have it, the otp might be there, I don't remember. Just look around, it might be somewhere on your SD card anyway.

i used the search function to look for the otp.bin and found nothing

Well, I've restored the sysNAND, but the fucker still won't let me update the system, it keeps getting an error and restarting.
At least now i'm stuck on 6.0.0 instead of 2.1, but what gives?

any ideas?

read the troubleshooting part of the guide, iirc it recommends flashing to 9.2

Anyone got a link to the dev tools for retail consoles? I need to change my date and I don't want my animal crossing game to throw a bitchfit.

Search the archive of the previous thread. I think it was brought up

I heard there's new versions of A9LH and NTR.

Where do I go grab them?

Does anyone have a download for a decrypted Animal Crossing: New Leaf for use with Citra emulator?

I can't find one anywhere on the internet and I don't have a 3DS to decrypt it myself. Everytime I think I find one and spend 3 hours downloading it it isn't decrypted.

So, uh, this "updates" folder doesn't exist. Help?

Is decrypt it for you, but

>copy the updates folder from the 9.2.0 firmware zip to the root of your SD card
Common, user, basic literacy is a requirement.

How is Apocalypse compared to SMTIV?

Better

Does SMT4 get good because right now I'm playing a generic fantasy RPG with good monster designs. I've never finished an SMT game but I thought these games were one of the few that were modern day RPGs that were actually really good.

Fuck.

K, I think I'm doin it rite nao.

I don't understand, enlighten me. Is there an issue with it? Do you have an alternative?

yeah
a 2ds

No.

GODDAMMIT CAN ANYONE HELP

So does that mean someone was working on a downgrade from 11.0/11.1? Well, shit, and even worst, they fixed all the shit that was supposed to work.
What else does the update have besides MORE STABILITY™?

I'm slightly hyped.

There are so much shit missed from freeshop. I wonder if freeshop will be useful once nintendo shut down their servers.

Heh, it was me. I didn't have the information but now I do. Pic related, learn to search better, fag. Should be easy to rip files from there on, I hope,otherwise, wait for the undub user. archive.is/mXuMS

Yeah, not emulating like a faggot and playing on the actual console. There wouldn't be any reason to not play on emulator, except with the part when Citra is shit. Also, I'm not usually keen on shilling **for free*, but buying more 3DS at least means more games even when you don't buy the games themselves. The best games of each console come out at last, so it's a good idea to support it, even when I don't usually encourage that.

You can turn .3ds files in .cia. iirc the process is simple, but I've never done it myself because that's gay.

I think you can use decrypt9 to generate a xorpad now then feed that and the .3DS into a CIA converter.

I have two of the 32-char folder paths. Which one do I need to delete the extdata from?

no, I think it means dsiware might be patched out on 11.2

try both

Found it, all's well. Finding a Der Langrisser inject with translation is awful though, and I can't inject it myself. Anyone willing to help me find a working CIA/spoonfeed an inject?

Gameplay wise better, story wise much worse.
Music for the most part worse as well since some of the most memorable themes do not return and their replacements are vastly inferior.

Mind you Apocalypse is a sequel so play 4 first if you haven't.

Naw it wouldn't freeshop is actually just giving you a key then downloading the game directly from Nintendo's servers. However I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon I mean the WiiShop servers are still up even after all the games' multiplayer got shut off. Turning off a store and not letting people who paid money for stuff access their purchases is going to come with a bunch of legal shit following it. So nobody is going to do it unless they go out of business and can get out of it.

Also, holy shit I noticed how much smoother Persona Q is with Luma3DS's force N3DS oveclocking thing. Do I need any individual hacks at this point, or is it working for any game I play? I love it.

It breaks some games completely where logic is tied to framerate so you're not supposed to use overclocking constantly and only use it when you know it doesn't actually break a specific game you're playing right now.
Good example is Chase Cold Case Investigations where the faces get completely fucked with overclocking enabled.

Fuck that pussy shit, I CAN MAKE IT WORK

You're a nigger aren't you?

No, just someone who will look ungodly abominations in the face just for muh smoothness

It's like going from Xbawks to PC all over again, you gotta understand how hyped I feel. I haven't even finished Hotel Dusk so CCCI won't be on my backlog for a while, anywa.

Some games literally get broken on functional level and stop working, such as activation switches for dooors or chest breaking.
You're a fucking moron.

THEN I JUST HAVE TO TAP HARDER

Which ones, by some chance? Toning back the maymays for a second.

To be honest I didn't think the story in SMTIV was that great at all. I loved the drastically different endings, but otherwise the story felt like nothing special except when you first leave Naraku and enter Tokyo. Can you tell me what's wrong with Apocalypse's story without spoilers?

Did that and then did these highlighted steps, but now I seem to be unable to launch the Homebrew Menu. It's normally done by holding L as I power on, yes? I can't seem to make it work anymore.

You can't finish Snake & Eve cutscene at the end of mgs 3d

heres a cia version if its the one you're talking about

drive.google.com/file/d/0B4atLqCvfqJcV2lIVnRwdUlrdkk/view

If SMT4 is seinen, then Apocalypse is full blown shounen.

It's A LOT more juvenile.

Can't say anything more without spoilers.

Thanks fam. I think I get what you mean.

Wow. I can't even meme about the sheer power of ALLCAPS guiding me through that.

Already found it, but thanks.

Guys, anyone know what to do here? How do I make the Homebrew Launcher work again so I can continue?

Try using browser hax to set up menuhax again.

Got a link on how to do that? My brain is starting to go to shit. I've been up for a long time now.

but user, I have both a 3DS and New Leaf.

I just can't decrypt it because my 3DS is updated to the latest version and I really don't want to cut it up and hardmod just to get a file that someone else who's already done the same could simply upload.

I'm going to ask nicely, can you please upload it if you already have it? I can timestamp my 3DS and New Leaf if you don't believe me.

Figured it out. Back to the old grind…

It doesn't really have to do with having the 3DS or not, is using it rather than a shitty emulator. I'd upload it but my upload speed is terrible and I have to turn the PC off. You can just wait or ask in 3DSISO or something of the sort. Sorry, but not sorry, just buy a N3DS and CFW it, you'll have overclocking and shit, or you can just get a cheaper 2DS, but could purchase any of those by selling your shitty up to date O3DS. You begging turned me on for some reason

Good for you.

If you're a busty, voluptuous dominatrix that likes to wear thigh highs during the deed, I'll beg if you're willing to switch

Room for one more?~

Dear God, why is this 2.1.0 torrent so fucking slow?! This will literally take hours at this rate! Bullshit!! It's a big file, but come on!! It's still under a gig!

So I just read that when you get everything done and use Luma3DS, you can't boot without your SD card anymore. How do you undo this? Because I'm installing all this stuff as a test run on my backup 3DS, but it has a tiny-ass SD card, so locking into that may not be the best idea. Anyone have any particularly good deals on a 64 GB SD card, incidentally?

To switch to another SD card, just copy all the files from the old SD card to the new SD card.

Holy shit thats a lot of steps to update my homebrew from emunand.

WIll this thing be easy to update with the newer version?

You're not locked in to using one SD card for the rest of your 3ds's life. You can finish the process now and switch to a newer, bigger SD card by just copying all the files to the new one whenever you feel like it.

Also Micro SD cards are cheap as hell on Amazon. 64 gb for $20 or if you want mega-overkill, 128 gb for $42.

If he wants to go with emunand for any reason he can also just make an image copy of his SD as well so it preserves the emunand partition. You can use the dd program for both Linux and Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows 10 or just SDImager on Windows to do this

Holy fuck let me just remove this stupid persistent flag really quick fuck

You can get even cheaper on eBay, as with most things. Though if it ships a little faster from Amazon, might be worth.

So, once I have this whole CFW install process completed, how do I get me some delicious free games?

Also, glad to know I actually don't need to rush buying the huge SD card. Maybe I could even wait for a Black Friday deal. The card I have in my main Old 3DS is 8 GB, but then again, I'm sure Smash Bros., the primary game I want to be able to play again out of my stolen collection, is a big download…

I have the .cia on my other hard disc at the moment but if I recall, Smash Bros is no larger than 2GBs

What about the updates and DLC, though?

AL9H, not Luma. Luma is just the cfw / patches. AL9H is what you install that prevents SD-less boot. Obviously you use both but the distinction is important for things like this. AL9H prevents SD-less booting as a safety check, although there's a version of it (ShadowNAND) floating around that allows for SD-less booting. You can switch cards easy just by copying the necessary files (or all of them.) Got my 64 gb from amazon for $20.

Before you install AL9H, you create a backup of your NAND first. In the event you wanted to remove AL9H completely, you flash that backup back to your console using decrypt9. There's virtually no need for this, but it's doable.

FBI (which replaces the Health & Safety) allows you to install any CIA you want, either off the SD card or from a QR. If you want to download shit from Nintendo servers use Freeshop / CIAngel.

The DLC is about 4 kb; all of the content is included in the update (like 200 mb or so iirc) and the DLC just unlocks it.

Thanks for the info. I'm now working on CFWing my main 3DS here. But I am still having trouble making no-browser Homebrew Launcher stay working. Guess I will just go Browser until I've finished the whole process and then see.

So where do I get apps like Freeshop? And can I still use the regular eShop to download stuff I already had after I finish installing all this CFW stuff? What about stuff that requires my version of firmware to be up to date, such as Nintendo Badge Arcade?

I see now that when the process is complete, one's firmware is up to date. Hell yeah. Got FreeShop, too. One question, still, about that, though. Can I exit FreeShop with incomplete downloads and not have to start all over again next time I launch FreeShop?

alright i got a9lh and luma on my 3DS but when i turned it on it says i got a new gift and that gift is just a nameless black box. should i open it, delete it, or keep it?

Ugh, so I just realized, I deleted all the redundant, old, inactive 32-digit folder paths to clear space for digital copies of the physical games that I have to replace. But did I possibly just fuck myself by doing so? Could I have recovered some old versions of my old save files if I'd kept those? I hope not, because having to start all over on StreetPass Mii Plaza hurts my soul…

Yep.

I've never had anything I've deleted from an SD card show up in the recycling bin
Ya dun goofed

how do I backup emunand again? and at what point would I restore it onto the sysnand after/before installing a9lh?

decrypt9
hourglass9
& emunand9 all have the option to create a backup for your emunand

read the guide

So ah, I've just finished the guide.
a-am I done? can I pirate shit now?

if holding select on boot brings up luma options then yes. Refer to the OP for how to get your gaymes

do I need to run decrypt9 from the emunand or sysnand to do that?

doesn't matter

the guide only mentions luma, are the steps to installing any a9lh compatible cfw the same?

depends on the cfw
better question is why use a cfw that isn't luma?

because im contrarian and nostalgic

Thanks for helping my stupid ass out, Holla Forums.

Can someone explain the freakyforms exploits for someone who's trying to help another person who has an unmodded 3DS LL?(at least i think it is)

he's also on 11.1

So I keep getting this error "the add on content could not be recognized" whenever I start smt4a after I installed the dlc. I think its because the cia was region free, but I don't know what I can do about it since the game isn't on freeshop. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

You need to use language emulation

You edit saves to execute arbitrary software.

Did I? Because I don't know if it's really possible to pull anything out of that data? But, if it is, I fucked myself so hard.

That data is gone, like the wind

Why does the freeshop download everything SO SLOWLY?
it's like 60kb/s right now, and at it's peak it was around 200kb/s.
Does this happen for everyone?

I already have region/language emulation enabled in luma

Tends to go around 600KB/s for me. Still slow considering my internet speed.

Is there something better to backup saves than SVDT?

How do I update Luma?

github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases

Fuck if I knew about that gba temp thing. Thanks anyways.

But what do I do with these files?

Nvm, FBI seems to be able to backup saves. For some reason SVDT couldn't ready my Fantasy Life and MHG saves, but FBI can.

Do you have FBI installed? Install lumaupdater.cia

jksm

How are the Cardfight Vanguard games? Which should I start with?

TY nig

I have arm9lh + Luma, can I update to 11.2?

Does Freeshop not work on 11.2? It boots, it runs, I can even queue games, but it "tries" to download, gets a download speed of 2kb/s for a bit, then fails and gets stuck on retrying over and over.

My internet works fine and I was able to use Freeshop fine before 11.2, is anyone else having issues? Doesn't matter what I try to download, even small titles.

if you have the latest stable yes

Sure, but if I hadn't deleted it, would it have been recoverable? Or not really?

Vanguard a shit. Play Pokémon TCG Online. It's free.

I too pretty much average 600kb/s regardless of Internet speed. The 3DS may just be limited in how fast it can download data.

How have you not died from forgetting to breathe?

What model are you guys using?
I'm personally using a brand new 2DS and 200kb/s is FAR too low of a speed for when no one else is using the internet.

Because breathing is an automatic process. His body doesn't trust him with such an important task.

I think i fucked up somewhere
I was able to downgrade it to 9.2
but when I try to boot it up into the homebrew launcher
it doesn't
what did i fucked up?

Set up menuhax again

okay, done that now I'm up to the step where you configure luma3ds
when installing arm9loaderhax, i got a glitched screen on the bottom screen
so i just followed the troubleshoot guide that was available

now when I try to boot luma3ds by holding select when booting up
it just brings me to the normal 3ds menu

should i try to install arm9loaderhax again?

How alt character friendly is this game? I want to make a QT along the lines just to mess around.

What game?

i'm retarded, i meant to post this in the db thread

I downloaded Fairune 2 on 11.2, try posting in his github as an issue. He responds a fair bit.

All n/o/2ds are capped at 550-600kb/s. It's a hardware limitation, so can't be solved. 200 kb/s is pretty low. Perhaps just download cias and transer wirelessly.

Which ŕeminds me, why does FBI install slowly, when Freeshop can clearly download at .5mb/s and install flawlessly. Read/write surely doesn't get slower when the file is present and doesnt need to be retrieved, taking up processes.

for the step that tells you to update your 3ds
before it said I should be on 2.1.0

since I kept getting an error
I restored it the NANDM.bin and now its back to 9.2.0-20U

should i still try to get it back to 2.1.0
or should i just go ahead and just update it like it said in the guide

Try the test payload to make sure that the issue is a9lh and not Luma. If it is I would suggest trying to reinstall a9lh

Boot your 3ds and hold select. If luma options shows up then procede as normally

So that program would help me to rip 3ds models?
I kinda want to learn how to rip models off from a 3ds game.

alright, thanks for all the help
got it up and running for the most part

now I'm just gonna go see if freeshop works for me

If I have everything set up on one sd card, have installed CFW on my 3ds, then copy the contents to a bigger sd card, will it fuck anything up?

As long as you don't have emunand

If I have a Gateway 3DS flashcard, then I have emunand, correct?

is there any fucking way to get flipnote studio to work? I tried long ago with emunand and I got error screen, I tried just now with arm9 using freeshop and im still getting the same error screen. Fucking hell I just want to make some shitty doodles

The DSi ware flipnote or 3ds flipnote?

Yes, and a truly shit one at that. Get to A9LH.

So, do we have confirmation that 11.2 broke the DSiWare downgrade? I was literally about to do that shit, too.

Check the 3ds subreddit for news
Don't forget to disinfect yourself when you come back

Undub user seemed to rip assets from the rhythm Final Fantasy game. Those weren't 3D models, but I don't see how you can't rip 3D models with it if you can rip music and assets, so give it a try.

Okay, but how do I get rid of emunand to properly follow the guide, then?

Also, is it really worth it? I have 2 3DS's and I was thinking of keeping this one with Gateway and installing Luma on the other one.

One last thing. Is it safe to play online with either roms or at least original catridges (I do own mario kart and smash)?

No part of the installation needs emuNAND. You can even preserve it if you need to, but I wouldn't do so with a Gateway one, they're known for incompetent hacking (downgrading, see Plailect troubleshooting. Their A9LH attempt was a trainwreck). Just back up your saves (Gateway makes it harder to do, but there's a way) and start from sysNAND.

Yes. Gateway are cancerous. Once upon a time they were a necessary evil but now they're totally outclassed by modern CFW. Keep the blue card if you don't have a better DS flash card though.

Not with .3ds files. Carts should be fine.

Gateway bullshit:
-Not a guaranteed-to-boot entry point
-Could potentially be patched or fucked with by Ninty and you couldn't do shit about it
-If your 3DS bricks you're fucked

A9LH:
-Runs before the firmware
-Has basically root access to the 3DS hardware, allowing it to protect itself from nintendork fuckery
-Is not reliant on the firmware to run, allowing you to restore backups and perform other functions EVEN IF THE FIRMWARE BRICKS
-Is guaranteed to boot up 100% of the time, allows you to safely overwrite your sysNAND with a CFW (basically an "emunand")

If you were using a Luma Emunand I'd tell you that you can just take your EmuNAND and make it a SysNAND as part of the plailect guide process, but you're using a fucking gateway which is the most unreliable, shitty kind of EmuNAND. Start over, use something like SaveDataFiler to preserve your saves.

It's in the guide in OP but essentially you install A9LH onto your sysNAND then flash your emuNAND over your sysNAND but keep A9LH. Then you delete your emuNAND off of your SD card.

Yo, has anyone made a GBC .cia for Dragon Quest I+II?

Also where's the best place to find injection .cias?

i'm on some old ass cfw like rxtools or some shit with a fairly recent firmware should i bother to switch cfw if its playing every game i've put on it anyway?

or should i update before sun and moon come out

He shouldn't do that using a shitty GATEWAY EMUNAND.

Switch your CFW to Luma3DS, you can literally keep using the same EmuNAND you're already using, you're just switching the backend running it

yeah nice i didnt know i could do that i thought i'd have to reinstall all the games

using gateway its not, you can get caught playing online with a .3ds file. .Cia installs the game so there no way of knowing if its legit or not so its perfectly safe.

either way ditch using gateway as anything more than a ds flashcart, on both 3ds you own.
Original carts are fine

Oh my bad I assume like everyone else he was a skittish emunand user. Who the fuck still uses gateway anymore?

So here is I think all the Dragon Quest games released in the west on GBC. These are just from a pack I downloaded and they weren't tested so they may not work.

volafile.io/r/BEMPBnJ

This might sound crazy, but do you have a moonrunes version?

Naw sorry I only grabbed the US pack.

I guess this is tangentially related to this thread but it looks like we might get another good filesharing site in the future.

torrentfreak.com/megaupload-2-0-will-outsource-file-hosting-and-prevent-takedown-abuse-161025/

Yes, I had a gateway, well I still have it but I only use it for DS games as you can load them from the blue card.

CFW is so much better, if you want to keep your saves from gateway you'll need to follow this guide .

gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

I use European games while my 2DS itself is American, will I connect to European servers while playing online? is it possible that this mismatch would cause me trouble?
If not, is there any point to trying to change the region of my device?

the server the 3ds mingles with is dependant on the game version you're using.
If you're playing a JPN game it'll connect to JPN servers.

I see, speaking of Online, it's… safe, right?
like, is it possible to get banned or something along these lines?

trying to run the homebrew launcher cia I installed on emunand always results in a blackscreen and having to restart 3ds, any idea why?

nvm im retarded, forgot to set the boot.3dsx back

I downgraded to 9.2 on an old 3DS, but now I can't boot into homebrew

What's my next step? Do I run browserhax again?

i'd assume so

3DS one

I'm trying to understand what's the safest bet to buy a N3DS XL in EU, are any of you aware of special editions with specific firmware?

I given my 3ds to my sister, she said she just turned it now, and now I just have a black screen, no access to decrypt9,nothing.

And because I can't boot up without the sd, does that means my 3ds is ded. I mean, it was pretty old and I couldn't even run cartridges on it, so maybe something broke for good?

Turned it off*

are you a nigger by any chance? i have a launch day 3ds and it just works

Well, I tought I couldn't launch cartridges because of CFW or something. But maybe I didn't clean it enough.

So If can't even update it the normal way, I suppose I hardbricked somehow,no?

Why do people upload shit to services with 1Gb dl limits so you can't dl them.

If you installed A9LH check this.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#black-screen-on-sysnand-boot-after-installing-arm9loaderhax

Chances are your SD card has something wrong, does it work in a computer?

The SD works on my computer.

I tried deleting extdata, now It don't even stay on.

I tried the test payload, it only works 1 time out of 20.

Il try formating a 64gb card to fat 32 to see if it's my card? Or my 3ds suffered from depressed neet level hygiene?

It's possible there's still something wrong with the SD card, I had one flake out partially during a firmware backup once and most files would work but not all. Check with a second one.

If it's still iffy your SD card contacts could be dirty. Hopefully it isn't a broken SD card slot, that's a death blow to a modded 3DS.

So when I download a game with FreeShop, does it get added to my account? Or just to my system?

the nand backup and sha file that decrypt9 shat out have different hashes according to this program, did it fuck up?

Update: It's actually physical, my directional pad act up.

there are tools in post 3 for making gba vc injects. It also shows how to remove ghosting & improve color

Noob question. Can I get cheats for games through custom firmware? I was thinking about doing a new run to games like Devil Survivor but I don't feel like farming maka again, so I was wondering how action replay and that stuff works in pirated 3DS (if it's possible)

yes

anybody have a chart for must play Gba games?

How are the Cardfight Vanguard games? I want to play a game about children's card games with a plot.

Never heard of this particular TCG system.

I've heard the TCG is actually decent, but I don't know about any of the video games. It plays a lot differently than most TCG though, so be ready for that.

yea
get NTR.bin
install latest bootntr
make a folder called plugins
make a folder with title id of the game you want
find the cheat.plg file for the game you want in there
start bootntr
start game
pres x&y
plugin should be an option and now you can be a filthy cheater

Doesn't 11.2 fuck NTR?

You mean you upgraded with out preserving a back up?

it only fucks with bootNTR, if you're not a lazy fuck, basically nothing can keep you from using NTR.

Well I decided to finally get rid of rxtools and install the new CFW, but
It's not a huge issue but I'm wondering if I'm not doing something wrong there.

This is after you flashed to 2.1.0 right? Why are you even trying to open menuhax? Once you are on 2.1.0 you just have to install a9lh.

Where is a good place to download DS games? I'm mostly looking for DSi game for a flashacart.

Just got done installing everything. Thought I might have to open menuhax again before I realized there's a homebrew launcher I would install during the process.

Menuhax is not needed anymore luma lets you boot straight into certain homebrew now. If you need to get into the launcher you can just install a homebrew launcher CIA. Menuhax now is really only used to get you down to 9.2 from a fresh 3DS.

romulation.net/roms/NDS

romulation.net/roms/NDS

Were DSi roms never a thing? Can't seem to find them online.

A lot of DSi games are on Freeshop. Remember that they save to NAND and you can only have something like 20 at a time. I've never seen a collection of only DSi ROMs, though.

I used a DS ROM torrent, can't remember where from but probably one of the Russian trackers.

There's a few listed on No-Intro. Notably missing is B/W/B2/W2 it used to be somewhere in there but known bad.

Going to get a flashcart for NDS. Just go with the R4i Wood from the OP? What consoles does it support, apart from NDS?

Hey faggots,

I hacked a n3ds when shit got real. Its sitting collecting dust on rxtools.

I remember it being a huge hassle to play gba games on it.

Is it easy to play gba games now? Is updating easy?

Hey faggots,

I hacked a n3ds when shit got real. Its sitting collecting dust on rxtools.

I remember it being a huge hassle to play gba games on it.

Is it easy to play gba games now? Is updating easy?

A9LH makes gba games just one install to install.
Either way you should switch to A9LH or at least luma on emunand

A9LH makes gba games just one install to install.
Either way you should switch to A9LH or at least luma on emunand

since you have an already hacked n3ds updating is very very very simple. Just follow the guide in the op, and you can choose to transfer your current emunand or not.

Yeah yeah yeah, NTR is a really shit name for a 3DS CFW add-on/extension. Not only is it using the original DS's codename, it's also copying the worst fetish of all time (as you have pointed out).

3dsiso has every DSiWare and DSi system app in both nds and cia formats. I found them when I first started my weird obsession with PictoChat. Speaking of which, does anyone know of any homebrew that's like a PictoChat custom client or something that lets you use individual colors instead of having to use the rainbow thing?

Is there anyway to export saves from gba games?

when I use JKs save manager I get a Error opening save archive message. This is for legit ones downloaded from freeshop not just injected gba cias.

Do I update Luma to the Nightly build before updating? Also how do I back my NAND up?

decrypt9

I cant seem to boot it from the homebrew launcher, if there any other way to access it?

luma3ds payload chaining

boot into hourglass9 by holding start before you press the power button, you can then backup your sysnand.

ok got it to work but when I go into gba vc save dump it only dumps one save, can you select individual games?

launch a different gba vc
you will then be able to dump its saves

ok that worked, although when I injected it back in it didnt update the original save?

what are some good sources for themes?
the things in 3DSThem.es are either garbage or not really for me.

Last thread there was a link to a rip of every single official thene

Why would injecting a copy of the same exact saves already present change anything?

I edited the save and then put it back on my sd card. Am I doing it wrong?

ok it worked this time, idk why it didnt save before it did now

Well, I got A9LH installed on my N3DS, but now when I try to use the CIA for CHMM, it gives me this error:

I can get around this by using the program via the Homebrew Launcher, but it's tedious and relatively inconvenient. As far as I've checked, everything else works fine. How do I fix this?

i've tried installing the spirit of justice cia from titlekeys a few times now and every time it gets stuck on the nintendo 3ds loading screen.
i'm using the most recent version of both fbi and luma, any tips?

Is that the latest CIA?

You need to dump your DSP sound module.
There's a homebrew program that does it, google the error.

This worked, thank you user.

Jesus christ CHMM2 sucks ass. It's more bug than feature.

Have you tried visiting its page in the eShop before launching it?

My 2DS screen is fucked. The screen's responsiveness is warped, Oekaki is how it drew when I used game notes to colour in the whole field.

I think there's gunk inside the unit. There was some month ago, and the solution given was use a toothbrush, which failed, so someone suggested using a butter knife to edge it out, which worked flawlessly up till last night.

I lost my tiny screwdrivers, and think I've left them at a mate's place when I was fixing his TV

Anyone got another solution to this, or a way to open those tiny fucking brittle screws that break if you look at them sideways?

Rxtools is dead, so it will be just as hard, but it's easy as shit to port everything over to Luma and AL9H where it becomes as easy as using a stock firmware.

Does anyone have a collection of downgrade packages to use with sysupdater?

no

Check 3dsiso. That's my go-to.

Already checked.

Does anyone at least have one for o3DS 11.1 and/or 11.0?

Nevermind, apparently you can just enter the version string into 3DSNNUS (apparently called 3DNUS now) and it'll generate it for you now.

The Plailect guide has a bunch of torrents, too.

any particular reason why you deleted your post?

I kind of panicked when I noticed a minor error, so I deleted all of my posts pertaining to my question.

Just going to go ahead and give this thread a bump, but I'll probably just repost in the next general, this one is about cooked by the looks.

Who's this plailect guy?
He sounds like JIDF except instead of spending his time shilling he spends his time writing how to hack your console guides for retards
Webm related

I have both my n3ds and 2ds downgraded to 9.2 when the big downgrading frenzy started months ago but I never managed to get much further after that.

Where do I start, there are so many things that I read but dont understand. Like luma and all these other things are new. I forgot the combo button code when you boot your 3ds to get to homebrew?

Plailect. That is all. Skip the downgrade step if you've already done it obviously.

Can you read this post? Can you read the first line of OP at all?

Just follow the guide in the OP

Any help guys?

It's a problem with the nightlies. Install the latest stable release instead.

Sorry, I'm kind of bad with this, could you give a step by step?

Too lazy. Just follow the Plailect guide's portion for installing Luma, I guess?

Cant find a screw to remove my micro SD card.

it seems like you're screwed

That pun was so bad, it's driving me nuts.

He created PlaiSysUpdater, which prevented a lot of bricks and failed downgrades. He's also the guy that made OTP dumping possible, from what I gather. Other than that, not a lot. He write that guide and stays in contact with devs about upcoming hacks.

Install LumaUpdater as a CIA. No, I'm not tabbing out to find it for you, you can google it.

Run the app, and it should change your Luma version to the latest STABLE. Don't fucking install nightlies unless there's a feature you absolutely need.

Post a picture, then use FTP or some other form of file transfer software to do it remotely. The built-in one is shit, I believe. There's a program that lets you download shit directly to the SD card, which got support for MEGA links today.

Still hoping someone replies

Guide got a redesign, apparently it's idiot-proof, but I'm sure one of you guys can try extra hard.

OP, update the pasta to be plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

I have not messed with my N3ds for a long time but this is what my files currently look like, should I start from this guide right away as this user posted?

or delete some stuff first? Found a screw btw. I didnt have FTP brony for some reason.

Just follow the guide. At the end it will tell you the only files you need to keep on your sd card.

Will do. We probably need a new thread by now too

You're on 9.2 The guide I posted in redtext is really geared towards stock units, so for you, I'd suggest going to
And pressing the Step 2 button on the side.

As I said to another user a thread or two again, remember to make an EmuNAND.bin of your EmuNAND, and when it prompts you to use your SysNAND.bin, use the EmuNAND one instead. I don't recall if you have to rename it, but I wouldn't expect you to.

So, follow step 2, then do step 3, and don't bugger about. Do it all in one go. Read every step first, and make sure you know what you're doing and have all/most of the programs needed already downloaded.

Remember that whatever you do in Step 2 and the first half of 3, up until you restore your NAND.bin, == DO NOT PUT IT TO SLEEP MODE ON N3DS OR YOU WILL BRICK ==

I swear I pressed enter

DO NOT PUT IT TO SLEEP MODE ON N3DS OR YOU WILL BRICK

Weird, I dont see step 2 anywhere and all it does is redirects me that original link im following.

Im not seeing anything that says step one, two etc. But yeah that githublink isnt showing a step 2 for me anywhere.

What a cunt.

I'll quickly read over it and find the section you want to go from. In the meantime, backup your EmuNAND with emuNAND9 Tool, if you recall how to.

Actually, didn't read your post correctly. Do you even have an EmuNAND? Did you install any games or did you stop at 9.2 exactly?

Also I stopped because of what you said cause Im at the step where it talked about emptying you nad.bin and wasnt to sure.

Yeah, that's the step.

Now, as you can read at the bottom of that page, you do actually have to do something different for your N3DS and your 2DS. N3DS will be super easy, requiring minimum effort. 2DS requires another downgrade.

Backup your SysNAND as it says. If you do have an EmuNAND, save that as well. Continue on with whichever system you want to do first.

I tried installing EmuNAND but I never really got it working iirc and just have it like in my previous pic. I was stuck a after downgrading to 9.2.

Should I check if I have EmuNAND working? Because the N3DS sd card is called EMunad9sd. So I think I did try something way back then with EmuNAND as in this pic.

Nah, don;t worry about that.

Once your use EmuNAND9 Tool to format your SD card to have the 1gb-ish EmuNAND partition, it renames the SD card for god-knows-why.

So you're good to go, just go through the guide starting from the Decrypt9 step, and you should be good. Same goes for your 2DS, just remember to click the correct section at the bottom of the Decrypt9 page, as there is an extra step for O3DS/2DS.

Thread will be ded soon, so be sure to stick about for the next one, in case you have issues.

Alright last question, im currently making a emunad.bin so would that do anything bad? or just be something i didnt need to have in the end?

Just disregard it. That was my bad for bringing it up when you didn't. Plough on ahead with that SysNAND.

Stuck on step 19, I got 2 32 character folders. Dont know which one to go to?

DO BOTH
EVERY FUCKING THREAD

After that 1st folder, there is one with 2 32character again, do both again?

just make a backup of your emunand with decrypt9 or whatever tool you want first, then follow the steps to get a9lh setup and once it's installed, use hourglass9 to restore the emunand onto the sysnand

I skipped that step since I couldnt delete shit over ftp and everything worked fine

I deleted all 3 of them but I cant get back into homebrew menu via (holding down L when startup?) was this supposed to happen?

probably, since menuhax relies on the homemenu ext data

Never mind, just finished the guide.

So I should be all set right?

Hello! I need some desperate help here. After installing LUMA 3DS, I can't seem to update afterwards! (following this plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax ) I keep getting errors even If I back up my NAND from my back up folder.

pretty much, just make sure you have fbi and shit installed and you're ready to go

Press (Start) to reboot

if you don’t have your NAND backup or it doesn’t work, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer before updating

Press (Start) to reboot

If you don’t have your NAND backup or it doesn’t work, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer before updating

plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

I fixed it! Thanks you very much, I finished the guide entirely by now.

Any flash cart pros around? sky3ds+ will write the settings.txt but it shows an empty cartridge and nothing further. However it does write a .sav for the game so I dont really see what the problem is. According to the torrent its decrypted 3ds files.

Meanwhile supercard DSTWO Plus loads into 3ds menu (gateway simulator) but only to go to "plugin 3ds installer" and nothing further. It says it installed gateway simulation but the menu shows up regardless what i do - reformat microsd, set microsd as primary drive, 32k and 64k cluster size nothing seems to work.

Normal DS games work fine on DSTWO+ on both 3ds and DS. My orignal 3ds is firmware 4.5.0-0E

If you know what I am not seeing then I would like to know the solution. Or is there at least a forum I don't know about which specialises in flashcarts?

The wiiu I could softmod somewhat ok. But I'm totally stuck now and I want to throw all that shit at the wall.

New bread guys

even worse
and he does it all for free and out of his own will