Pascal

Wow. What a leap.

Other urls found in this thread:

please
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Having the performance of a $500 gpu for $150, it's economic rape

Maybe minor sexual assault like an ass slap but not rape.

Are you 14 by any chance? You seem to not have any sense of money and value.

Where's the leap?

PS4 Pro offers more bang per buck.

Ah, the mating call of the poorfag. :^)))

Are you fucking dumb?

nah

The TCO is higher when you remove piracy and add psplus fees. If you don't like piracy, you still lose because pc games go on sale cheaper.

It's not impressive at all. If Voodoo 2 was just a Voodoo 1 at half price I wouldn't be impressed. Why should this impress me?

Because if Voodoo 2 poor edition is equal to Voodoo 1 richfag edition, then Voodoo 2 richfag edition will be that much greater.

But the 1080 isn't impressive.

and no games to boot, even more money saved
sony wins again baby

nigger the 1060 is $150 and even Nvidia says it's pretty much a 980

truly the year of the linux desktop

In which utopian world do you live in, and can you take me with you?

You're a nigger aren't you?

:^)

Is pretending to be retarded still a thing?

The real leap is for gaymen laptops that finally get desktop grade GPUs (and CPUs in the top end) and no longer the heavily crippled, two generation behind, mobile versions.

They're going to be more and more popular for that reason, and have been getting increasingly popular in the past few years because the gap kept tumbling down. Nvidia is betting that this growth isn't going to stop soon.

mainly because desktop grade gpus/cpus nowadays are gimped LE POWER EFFICIENCY XD parts that take being compact over everything else in an inherently not compact platform

Then they fucked up

I built my sister a computer not too long ago with a GTX 1060. The thing can run literally anything at 1080p on maximum, and we got it for like $250 (before any kind of price drop).

Pascal isn't like amazing god-tier blow-your-dick-off-through-your-asshole level performance, but it is pretty damn good. The 1060 is a little more powerful than the 970, but with more hardware features and better thermal performance.

Now available from NVIDIA™ for $260 from NewEgg™.com

should've waited for pascal, the architecture and lithography jump is huge

more games than what'll take advantage of ((((MODERN GRAPHICS CARDS))))
enjoy your goyworks I guess

where would one be able to purchase reference models?

WEW

lets face it, 4k is a meme, you need two 1080s to keep 60fps at 4k, no sane person on this earth is going to spend that much, and if you try to use a less than native resolution on a modern it will look like blurry ass

So why is people willing to pay just for upscaled 1080p?

100 mods on a shitty game doesn't make it a good game
do you eat shit?

Not for long

I guess you just have shit taste

kek, TCO of my PS3 was 199 bucks including a controller and a bluray player
Piracy is on now, but don't need it, used games are cheap as fuck and blurays are unscratchable, so they all look like new.
I don't know what I need psplus for.
Or they go not at all on sale, because they are region-locked and "not available in your region". On console I can save 30 % on day one by simply importing a game tax-free.
The PS4 will look like the PS3 that at the end of its lifecycle. 200-300 bucks spent once on the console, loads of cheap physical games, plus cheap imports. Lots of fun.

at least you had doom? a game that's older than you? I guess that's nice and all but you can play it 4k60 on a 15 year old PC, so, I don't know why you're shilling for new GPUs. Mount & blade also looks like a PS2 game so, why would you need a good GPU for that?

TFW I still have a 680 and the current cards don't justify upgrading because nothing (besides Witcher 3 which is a poorly optimised mess) won't run at 60fps at 1080p.

Witcher 3 runs perfect on PS4.

Witcher 3 on PS4? Not only does it never achieve 60fps but to reach it's already-abysmal frame-rate it has to use settings lower than the lowest available settings on PC.

It looks gorgeous and runs at steady 30 fps. Exactly what you expect from an optimized build.

it runs on the pc equivalent of high

Don't bother. Reference models are shit.

Even at patch 1.10 with the fabled "optimisation" the game still runs worse than my PC.
please use archive.is/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-witcher-patch-110-gives-ps4-the-boost-its-been-waiting-for
The fact that the game is poorly optimised does not automatically mean the console version is better. And please remember that pretending to be retarded is still being retarded.

Come on, newfag, TW3 PS4 is at patch 1.31 and runs flawless.

ok my fellow goyim ;). Don't forget to by a g-sync monitor now that they're out of production.

Does it do 1080p 60fps at max settings? No, it doesn't. Neither does my PC, but my PC still runs it better.

Somehow owning a console is less jewish than building my own PC? Sure thing, retard. How's that walled-garden eshop with inflated prices and the subscription fee for P2P mulltiplayer working out for you? You're getting jewed left and right for basic features and you're laughing at me because I have the option to buy an unnecessary monitor? I don't know whether to laugh at you or weep for humanity.

yes goyim please, spend $500-800 more on a new updated PC rig :^) You need one every 2-3 years, don't forget it! Why, we may have stopped making PC exclusives, especially high end ones, but look at all these games you can play on consoles too! B-but, they run better on PC and aren't downgraded, we swear. Oh those multiplats? Why, of course they aren't mediocre pieces of trash, we would never do anything like that to you, mustard race, keep buying graphics cards!! And more RAM and storage too. Oy vey did you hear about the hard drive factory flooding? We're still recovering. TB drives will never get any cheaper!

why do you think I take part in any of that? Because I buy a cheap platform that actually has a few games worth playing?

GP102 is the only note worthy SKU of the Pascal family.
Everything else is just trash.

The 980 Ti is still miles ahead of the GTX 1080 in terms max potential performance.
FireStrike hall of fame confirms this.
Highest GTX 980 Ti score is #34, a GTX 1080 doesn't even break the top 100.

I'm also not sure what kind of retard would drop $1,200 on a Titan X(P) when

GPUs are shit.
Still waiting on a GPU that'll play every game at least above 60 FPS @4K and isn't also contributing to Jen-Hsun Huang's leather jacket fund.

Nigger my whole point was I don't need to upgrade because everything still runs on tech from before the PS4 even launched, and runs better than the PS4 does.

Also
Kek. If you like a single choice of input device and no options to customise your experience. Remember, the games you play are balanced for 30fps and 60 degree FOV! Anything else wouldn't be cinematic!

why would I need a keyboard and mouse when the input method is only good for rts and fps games? You do know FPS is a bottom feeder genre, right?

As opposed to a controller being the best at what genre exactly?

Where are all these delusioned Sonyggers coming from lately?
Is it the 4cuck VIP pass?
Fucking hell, the PS4 cant even run EDF4.1 and Dark Souls 3 at a decent framerate besides costing 300 dollars, having forced pay 2 play online service, being locked tighter than Clint Eastwoods anus and no piracy.
And whats with this"oh you only have old games" meme?
Owners of the Bloodbornebox have maybe a dozen older games and they have to pay Sony for said previlege.

Go back to cuckchan or Neogaf, they've already drank the Kool Aid and will greet you with open arms.

oh yeah games I can play on a PC from 2011 perfectly. Better get a new $300-500 GPU now!

God you're fucking dumb. Yes, PC has a decent history of games. Honestly it's a bit of an overrated history, because lots of those games are nothing special and are filled with just as many mediocre ports as there are today. 30 years of games means fuck all when most of the games are fucking trash. Fuck off back to deus ex and crying about how the industry should have learned and been influenced by a largely flawed and half-baked game.

Were all friends here, there's no need to be upset :^)

Please go higher peasant

lots better for most 3D character action games, Analog inputs help with racing games.

Enjoy being a 3 genre pleb

real cream of the crop there kiddo

show me ur racing rig

Fun fact. CD Projeckt rad to redo almost all assets just before launch because they had shit programmers and an engine that was 40% Nvidia middleware, making it impossible to run on steady 30 fps on consoles even when severely downgrading visual effects and resolution.

nvidia goyworks doesn't work on any platform. CDPR's technology always consisted of third party software, and the red engine was mostly middleware from a dozen different companies poorly stitched together.

We should all still blame consoles for CDPR's incompetence tho, that only makes so much sense.

You see, the difference between me and you is that I can actually play the cream of the crop on my platform.

Great work user

probably doesn't even own a sega saturn

W-what game is your pic from, user?

Nah son, you have a wheel for that.

Probably because it wasnt avaiable on any retailer in my region since I live in a pretty isolated place.
Im sure your Craiglist purchase gives you all the hipster cred you need.
No worries, Im about to test Sakura Taisen after I finish REmake 0

Monstergirl Island

pathetic

Was added recently, not sure why you would even care about PAL though.

Good on you, you actually have a console with games

I have games for all my consoles, it would be stupid to buy ones that don't interest me.

Welp, guess I'm sticking to my 1680x1050 resolution at silky smooth 120 fps from 770 for another year.

Wake me up when when I can play vidya at 4K/60FPS without buying flagship cards.

Let me guess you're one of those underage fags who haven't been alive when 1080p wasn't the most common resolution?

You know you don't have "settings" on console, the games are readily optimized for the target platform
The PS4 Pro will run it at 60 fps (just like any SP game).

Lots of Anons switched from PC to PS4 this year.
You can repeat your spiel every day, nvidiagoy, it won't help. Sony is after the PC audience with the PS4 Pro and is pretty successful with that.

What about the game per buck ?

PS4 has more games than Windows 10.

Speaking of GPUs was thinking of upgrading mine. Deciding between a r9 390 and a r9 390x. Is the performance increase in the 390x really worth all that extra money?

Also do GPUs usually go on sale on black Friday?

Which worthwhile games do you expect on PC next year, which are worth upgrading GPU too?

It won't. TW3 won't even get a PS4P patch mr falseflagging mustard and even if it would get one, chances of reaching 60fps are pretty slim with only 30% more CPU speed. Native 4k, however, should be possible with 8.4Tflops 16bit per vector component GPU power, if the available bandwidth doesn't bottleneck the system.

Samefag

did you even understand ? i never said that having a bigger res was a bad thing, but that in the current state the cost of it is extremely high,
and that people is being fooled left and right by pseudo 4K games and media that is in reality 1080p upscaled to fit the bigger resolution, therefore even though they think they are experiencing 4k, they are not even close.
Consumers are being fooled into adopting an overpriced technology. It's just like VR, just coasting on novelty

it feels like you're one of those youtube comments section people, are you just pretending to be retarded or are you actually this retarded?
it looks like you are the one who knows nothing and fell for the marketing meme m8
You don't need vidya to "support" a random resolution unless you're playing a game from the fucking 90s. Anything not made on the early 3d era should be able to have it's internal resolution based on available monitor modes instead of a short list made by it's developer
Now that makes sense, it's not impossible that kikes are just running a filter to artificially increase picture resolution but at least on places like jewtube it makes sense since higher resolutions are encoded at higher quality

There is a clear point where increasing the resolution of games does not yield any difference, try playing STALKER or Street Fighter at 1440p and tell me it looks worlds better than 1080p, the textures are still the same quality, the only perceived effect is that there is no need for AA and so the graphics are a bit crispier

Only in the past 2 or 3 years at most is when 4k textures began to be introduced, and thus the increase of game filesizes skyrocketed

alright you're this retarded

yeah but tw3 is shit so who cares about it

I care about optimization
8th Gen has none

yeah but it's a shit game in a shit series, so who cares about it?

It doesnt, it was used as an example.
Plenty of decent games that are also shittily optimized for consoles.

Actually, there's some fantastic looking titles on the PS4, like Ratchet and Clank or Bloodborne.
Though that's, like always, more a result of competent art direction.

they bought nvidia they should expect to be jewed

Dips below 30 frequently.

it doesn't what? you need to learn to write. there's plenty of games that don't get 1080p60 on a $400 GPU. So what? a laptop IGP doesn't get 30fps solid on high settings in a shit game, I don't care. A great game drops to 20fps after a boss fight like bloodborne for a few seconds? I don't care.

everyone knows console hardware isn't the best. you play for games, not for performance you fucking idiot. The games by and large run well.

Given the games are cartoony in the first place there's only so much improvement you can make in that regard, it looks significantly better than the original on the left though the left's graphics are still plenty serviceable given the time and artstyle.

this is what sonyggers actually believe

I haven't owned a Sony console since the PS2.

I have to interject here.

I'm on a 2013 toaster laptop and I ran W3 on the lowest possible attainable settings so as to not burn my top to the ground. Even on lowest possible, which fairly enough did not look good outside the important NPCs and PC, it ran at around 20-30 FPS, looked like ass and still brought my core and GPUs to the 90 degree celcius limit of "can't danger it" in roughly 15 minutes of play.

I played the PS4 version sometime later and while it's a far cry from any good settings PC version, it looked good and not even close to the lowest settings on PC. It looked like console game graphics in 2015 should look like.

Also have to add that it did seem to bring PS4 to its absolute limit power-wise, I've never heard it make such a loud sound.

He heavily cherry picked as usual. Looks much better in motion.

What games?

Noticed that a lot lately, lots of crying about some game or other that looks like wet asshole based off a screenshot then it turns out it's radically improved in footage or when you're right in front of it. Mostly I see it for 3DS games.

Come, they only fuck people in the ass with bloatware and shitty cards that lock people out from shit.

nice one peasant

I don't own a console.

DELETE THIS!

You are as retarded for buying the Bloodbornebox as for upgrading to Windows the NSA edition.

And there's rumors that 2077 will have multiplayer.

I will never understand why people still buy NVIDIA cards. Their price to performance ratio is usually always worse than AMDs offerings. Why would you pay $200 for a 3GB 1060 when you could pay $190 or less for an 8GB rx480?

Even worse is the fact that NVIDIA CONSTANTLY decreases the performance of their older cards with every driver update to force people to upgrade more often.

non-shit drivers, decent linux drivers and freebsd drivers at all, a gpu hardware encoder that works and in recent times the lead in performance and not killing your motherboard or consuming enough power/putting out enough heat to boil a few liters of water in a few seconds.
If i wasn't buying top end i'd do exactly what you say but for now there's no choice other than nvidia if you want the best

Drivers?

I cant deal with the 400$ dollaroos that the ps4 asks of me, when it has maybe 5 games id like to play. Add on PS Plus fees, I dont see why I would upgrade my console this year, or the next even.

NEVER EVER NIGGER

Lol it looks beautiful with silky smooth 24 fps , I swear pc mustard race are so retarded.

JUST LOOK AT THE PERFORMANCE GAINS AND HOW MUCH IT DESTROYS THE 980TI

On one side, I wish I wasn't so thoroughly fucked. On the other side I can't see a difference between 720p and 1080p or above, so I have a 720p monitor and can play everything under the sun at 60fps with bigger text thanks to decreased resolution requirements. It's a weird feeling.

Fuck 4k and the need for bloated textures though

OP is the niggerest of faggots.

Gee, it's almost like Holla Forums is filled with knee-jerk reactions from people who didn't play the game they're bashing.
No way would people shit on a game without at least pirating it man.

Step it up, I had a 570 before I went to RX.
Processor is from 2008 too.
Steady [email protected]/* */ if you turn down shadows, garbage post processing and don't go overboard on AA.

hue at the framerate on the ps4 footage