THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED

THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED

It's not a strike if you nicely arrange with your boss so that you're not scheduled to work on J20.

It's not a strike if you're right back to work on J21.

It's not a strike if it's just you and your college buddies smoking weed all day instead of delivering Jimmy John's.

It's not a strike. It's fucking LARPing.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-syndicalist_symbolism#Black_cat
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whads habbending

It's not a strike.

It's a general strike. As in, briefly stopping most if not all economic activity for a day.

This, you fucking autist

"in which a substantial proportion of the total labour force in a city, region, or country participates"

So no it's not that either. No businessperson will even notice this.

People in the first word with decent wages and good lifestyles are just making pretend meanwhile people in the PRC making $200/month are going on real strikes with clashes with the police all the time.

huh really makes you think

What are you doing?

You are a fucking moron.
If you are a true Communist you would see the need for these protests.
If you are intentionally trying to reduce turnout, you should go elsewhere, almost everyone here has hopped on board for Accelerationism, and these protests will kickstart exactly that.

C O I N T E L P R O
O
I
N
T
E
L
P
R
O

"No shopping"

By the way, what is the cat doing in the flyer? Does it symbolize something I'm not aware of?

Buddy, you don't take a handful of sand, and magic it into a pair of glasses. You take the tools you have, and make better tools with them, and then better tools, and then better tools. Eventually, you get to the point where you can make those glasses, but that's after you've gone through the process first. Occupy Wall Street was a shitshow from the outside looking in, but the organizations that were built during that movement, fueled the Bernie Sanders run, which has in turn, fueled many more runs, by others. The Tea Party led to Trump, in much the same way.

This, on its own, doesn't mean much, but if it winds up being large enough, it can put the concept of a general strike in people's minds, and when it comes time to have a real one, we'll be that much better off for it.

General or not, strikes stop when your demands are met, not after day one.

It's not a strike that aims to achieve immediate concrete changes. It's a stand against the faschististischeing of America. The whole point of doing it on inauguration day is so that it achieves maximum visibility and impact.

It's Alunya:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-syndicalist_symbolism#Black_cat

How is that a strike and not just a demonstration?

"reduce turnout"

Of the ~2000 or so white-dreadlocked lifestylists that will actually participate in this?

STOP PREACHING TO THE CONVERTED

Yeah, well that's not realistic right now. The ideal strike is done through an organization, that is able to pay its strikers a wage, that would at least partially offset what they'd be losing from missing work. We don't have that organization yet, therefore, any sort of general strike will be limited in its scope. Of course, if people meet up at these protests, and start to form organizations that could fund more useful strikes in the future, that would be quite positive, wouldn't it?

Attitudes like yours are why we will never get anything done

It's our job to fight whoever won, it doesn't matter who.

shii nig, I don't know. I don't think the strike itself will accomplish much. We have better hopes wit the demonstration in DC.

A strike marks a stoppage of work (or in this case, a stop in other capitalist-compliant activity). A general strike in particular is supposed to shut down diverse sectors of the community at large in order to achieve more collective goals (as opposed to that of a single workplace, company, or trade). A demonstration is just a general act of getting exposure for one's goals/wants/needs/etc. A strike is a kind of demonstration I suppose, but it's intended to be of a variety that has financial consequence if it is ignored for extended periods.

Then this isn't a strike, because this literally can be ignored and the next day it will no longer be an issue for companies.

tbh I think we should emphasize the rally more than the strike. The more people gather, the stronger is our message.

A one-day strike is better than no strike. If this succeeds in disrupting the economy, even for a day, it'll give Porky a serious run for xer money

It won't because American trade unions are irrelevant and the majority of the working class will continue to work.

It depends on whether or not it's sustained. If it's sustained after the 20th, then it becomes a strike.

Honestly, I think the greater value of it is reintroducing the ideas of direct action tactics and the presence of a nonstandard opposition rather than being the end-all be-all moves that "cripples the administration on the very first day" or anything of the sort.

Muh class consciousness, muh idealist feels > materialist reals

It's supposed to be a one day demonstration, so don't expect even half protesting the day after.

It was started by commies on twitter

So was #ResistCapitalism which ended up getting co-opted by liberal faggots and edgy teenagers

That's the intention. Whether or not its successful in actually accomplishing this means nothing. It's still intended as a general strike.

So, it's not actually a general strike then?

No surprise here.

Even if it goes on for one day, if a significant enough portion of the population participates it signals the possibility of a larger strike. The threat of a "proper" general strike becomes real and the strikers are emboldened.

An unsuccessful general strike is still a general strike.