I saw this game was on sale. Is it worth $8? Is it exactly like GTA?

I saw this game was on sale. Is it worth $8? Is it exactly like GTA?

No it's superior. Definitely worth checking out

You mean on-par
as in they're both shit
worth checking out anyways though

What's wrong with GTA and/or this game?
I haven't played either besides a shitload of GTA2

It's pretty much a Western-developed Yakuza title.

Well, in my opinion, GTA games after San Andreas are not as good.

If you've played neither, I recommend getting both GTA V and Sleeping Dogs

You'll either love them both or hate them both, for different reasons.
GTA V on a technical level is very impressive, but its also a sandbox game above all else so some people find it gets old quickly after the main campaign is over, you just have to try it yourself to decide

GTAV is on sale too (and better) but it's sale price is 4X this sale price. Do what you will.

OP could just pirate it, its stupid easy too now
You have to be a pretty bug retard to give Cockstar money for this game at this point. GTA V is the fastest selling piece of media in history. They're not going to give a fuck if you pirate GTA V at this point

Isn't the GTAV multiplayer totally compromised by hacks too? Pirating definitely the way to go.

This is definitely better than GTA. Don't expect 8th gen graphics though, but it runs smooth 60 fps on a toaster.

I think it's better than some GTA games, what I like the most about it is the combat, graphics and story. I like that you can beat the shit out of people in combat, put them in your car and drive it in the water, or just slam their head. It's way more responsive than any GTA game in combat even if in the end it's similar to BAM HAM.

The story is really good, and if you liked those mafia type of movies or rush hour movies, it's a mix of that. The graphics are fucking amazing, sometimes I simply drove at night when it was raining. It's very comfy.

Get it man, if you like GTA games, you'll like this. You get to be Bruce Lee in China.

No it's not, GTA IV is much more impressive and V is boring as shit even with more environments.

Nearly every piece of the map is set up as part of a mission, driveaway, runthrough, and it feels dead when you're simply driving or going around. That said, the same design is seen even in GTAIII, but mostly VC.

Yes
It's more like a modern Vice City or III than SA, IV or V.

You like John Woo movies? If so just pirate it and stop making shit threads

nobody cares about your opinions

>>>/shit/

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Don't buy it. It's the enhanced version which ran worse (and overall looked worse imo) than the standard version (which can't be bought anymore).

So I'd say pirate it. The devs died recently too

I don't like GTA but I loved Sleeping Dogs. The world is colorful, there's a lot of small details put into it, the melee combat is fun and the story is decent too.Also love how the street vendors always trying to rip you off, feels like you're really in China
The only problem I had with the game is that the story is too rushed.

I picked it up a few weeks ago for $8 as well and had no regrets.

See I acutally am grand theft auto. My entire family knows me for it.
You guys should try the grand theft auto lifestyle out as well, its really neat.

More focused on martial arts combat rather than shooting like GTA is, since it takes place in china and gun control is really hard there. There's a fuck ton of shooting late game though. The gunplay is a bit like the Chow Yun Fat game, Stranglehold, in that you're encouraged to run around and slow mo jump in and out of cover, but it's more effective to play like a turtle on harder difficulties imo. The story and voice acting is bretty good, characters are more interesting compared to GTAV's imo, and the setting is pretty refreshing compared to games that take place in NYC/LA. There isn't that much extra stuff to do compared to GTA, but some people don't care all that much about minigames/collectables so it's up to you how much that matters.
It's a gem of a game that will never get a sequel.

How has it for $8?

Sleeping Dogs is top fun, OP, get it. Ignore all comparisons to GTA.

that sucks.

The complete edition is certainly worth playing, and it is GTA like in many ways, but very simplistic in those similar ways. Some decent music and occasional humor add to it, as well as the foreign setting which was neat to explore. The included DLC is not that great but often funny and adds to the value of the complete edition. Lots to do and the story was good as well.

If can get it under 10$ you will not be disappointed.

Second.

It's a steal at 8$.

Played it, beat it, didn't enjoy it at all. The combat is just awful, with some of the worst gunplay I've seen in a modern game. The majority of combat is just beat-em-up buttonspam, it's shit.

GTA IV is the only legitimately bad mainline GTA game.

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PORK BUN IN YOUR HAND?

Its almost on par with San Andreas in terms of smooth gameplay, and in a class of its own in terms of things to do.

Every GTA I've played I've done a few hours of story, dicked around a few hours, and dropped the game. I've finished Sleeping Dogs twice.

A million times this.

A MAN WHO NEVER EATS PORK BUNS IS NEVER A WHOLE MAN.

It's shit. Garbage driving, bam ham combat, shit gunplay, final boss is a qte.
Winston dies, Jackie dies, Wei gets cucked by every girl he meets

They look so good though

It's fun.

that's fact lad

You can just make them yourself.

It's absolutely worth it. Here's my breakdown.

My overall impression was quite good. It all ties together well, and there's plenty of fun to be had, in both missions and in the open world.

They also did one thing excellently - things matter in the open world. Lots of games will let you walk up to a vending machine and buy an energy drink, but Sleeping Dogs has it give you a timed attack boost. Lots of games will let you eat food, but Sleeping Dogs will let you become a whole man and eat a pork bun to get a health regen buff (and restore health). The collectable statues actually tie into the storyline, you take them back to your old master and get to learn badass kung-fu moves. The Triad/Cop XP system also does neat shit with how you choose to carry out missions.

For $8? Do it. Or pirate it, I never actually bought the game tbh.

yes, absolutely

No. It has kung-fu. It's pretty fun.

>TFW You will never save Jackie.

Fuck you man, fuck you.

GTA V is a mechanically fascinating game. I still have no clue how the got it to run for the ps3.

Kek

WHY

Pirate it. Square Enix is cancer.

That's some bitter autism familia, don't you have those shark cards to be shilling for?

Now this is some serious asshurt.

the wedding made me cry bitch tears

It was a bit too predictable and heavy-handed. I was more annoyed than saddened or whatever. Jackey getting fucked was good though. He always tried his best, but he wasn't the brightest. There was a lot of camaraderie to be had with the guy. Near the end though, he wanted out, and that's what did it for me. He was the most relatable character.

Jackie a good boy he dindu nuffin wrong

Cell is pretty powerful.

Top tier vehicle physics in the turret section car chases, with bikers getting fucking mulched as they're thrown into oncoming traffic and cars pulverizing under gunfire.

I didn't like it. The combat is a stiff, lower budget version of the Batman games combat. The open world is as good as any other, I guess. Plenty of mini games and items to collect. People say the story is better than any GTA game, but that's like praising the bitch who wrote twilight for being more competent than some random fuck on fanfiction.net

Granted I only played maybe 3 hours of the game, so grain of salt and all that.

ring ring

ring ring

Combat is more focused on hand-to-hand instead of guns, so I guess that makes it different than most open world games.

The devs are dead OP, you can just pirate it now even though it's a good game

It's time to stop this.

Anyway OP, Sleeping Dogs is very good. Beating people up is fun, the characters are likable, and the open world has a lot to do in it and is interesting to explore.

REDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

If you like Hong Kong movies, especially 90s action flicks, you 'all love it more than any GTA.

In any case it's as good as your average gta on every regard, technical, driving, variety, characters, action. Combat is better than any GTA game.

So even if you're not especially taken by the setting, it's still a good gta-like game.

The fact that you just let him walk home alone just after rescuing him from a horrible death is still retarded though and you totally should have seen that coming.

still sad though

9/10

its a good game. I never played GTA. Starts out really fun but eventually gets a bit boring towards the end. Around 30-40 house of playing I can't stand playing it anymore but it was good from most of that time.

if you are into cantonese culture / martial arts / hong kong in general or john woo movies I would give it a try. I liked it for the most part

I made my own after playing Sleeping Dogs, look up Dim Sum recipes, they're pretty easy to make actually, a bit time consuming though. Fucking worth it.