Hey Holla Forums I'm kinda burned out on playing video games

Hey Holla Forums I'm kinda burned out on playing video games.

I heard it's recommended to keep your hobbies balanced, like if you have a hobby like vidya, you should do some physical hobby or go out do something else every now and then.
Do you have a hobby other than vidya?

I personally tried a couple of things like

You know like these prototypes of anime figs.
Sadly didn't work that well, but I'll try again sometime.

I can't draw for shit.

Was nice at first but got boring quick.

Thinking about trying gunpla or origami next, what about you?

Of course you can't if you don't draw a lot.

You don't go to the gym to have fun.

Personally planning to read more. To bring my book to the library and sit there.
Or a laptop and write. Just to distract myself, spend time elsewhere then infront of an imageboard (can't do that shit in public). Not that I am a good writer, will probably end up with a page about how I don't know what to write about.

I like doing math

So basically its a thread dedicated to
NOT VIDEOGAMES
Fuck off back to cuckchan you piece of shit.

You could try photography and exploring. Any city that isn't shit has some neat things to find if you go look for them.

this

fucking nerd
numbers are pretty comfy

I always build gunpla if I feel burned out on vidya. A good 6~8 building session always feels so satisfying to see the completed build. Then I'll usually get a bite to eat, and then pick up whatever game I last stopped playing and continue. If you don't wanna devote half a day to doing an MG or HG kit, then pick up an SD EX-Standard kit, those are good too. And not all HG kits take that long, some are more simplistic than others, like the Mac Knife. That one I finished in a good 3 hours I think?

This. If you're a social-anxiety-ridden-retard like me and can't stand going to the gym, just do sets of pushups, crunches NOT SIT-UPS YOU FAG, tricep-dips in your room; and walking/jogging/running around your neighborhood. Or if you have the money, get an elliptical to put in your room as well. Then you never have to go outside to get in shape.

i used to try to gamedev but now i've only got about 1-2 days a week that i'm not doing anything. so i only really gamedev during my longer lectures
during the 1-2 days i have free, i go play jew-gi-oh at a friend's recently opened hobby store/club (he sells figures, cards, plushies, accessories)
aside from that i occasionally watch some shitty anime if it fits my standards
i work out at home on a yoga mat, as well as with some weights, since there's no nearby gym and i'd imagine that it would cost me more than i'd like to pay anyways

Like what?
You would thing anything worthwhile would be marked on googlemaps.

don't i need to do those to work on abs or something? my biceps are plenty strong, but i've got the belly of a fat gaulish man

They are
Figuring out how to do my calculus homework w/o showing up to lectures feels great too

Meant 6~8 hour session*

by the way, that pic is NOT a Mac Knife; it's a Qubeley, one of the best HG kits ever.

That's why you do crunches, Sit-Ups are fairly ineffective if you're trying to work your abs, crunches are superior. Sit-Ups can also fuck with your back; crunches don't.

If you got some dough, and like racing, see if you have a hobby racetrack nearby and do some RC racing.

Also, video games can be multiple hobbies by itself, what with all the genres and shit. Try a new genre.
Something that you'll need to learn and practice.

That depends a bit on you. Do you have a car or reliable access to one? If you like vidya because it's goal oriented and there's and element of git gud, try an archery or gun range. Are there any churches or other places nearby that ask for volunteers? The one I grew up by almost always had some sort of landscaping project going on. You don't even have to go to that place, they'll take anybody. A day of playing around in dirt and planting bushes works wonders for clearing the mind. If you aren't allergic or scared, see if there are any help wanted posters for walking dogs. Taking the walking endorphin machines to a park and playing fetch in the sun is also nice.
Having one thing that is physical and one thing mental like said about books can help. Personally, whenever I get burnout from games, physical activities help more, but a mix can as well.

What are you doing nigga? Why haven't you tried a musical instrument yet? Music's fun yo.

that's a bad idea
you have no idea how much the lectures usually differ from whatever else you're reading
and there's a fairly good chance that whatever's gonna be on your finals is gonna be 99% the same exercises that the lecturer showed you
t. i failed calculus 2 and only passed it after i got someone to tutor me
and i still failed algebra/geometry twice. paying attention to lectures would probably have helped although even now i wouldn't be assed to do it if i had the chance. our lecturer basically gave a 3 hour lecture of the same theorems with a 1-2 word difference in each. at least two thirds of the people here didn't visit his lectures

my family has an old acoustic guitar lying around
i tried it a few times, but my fingers just feel clumsy on it. like they're too big to hit the right string, or too short to reach the furthest one
aside from that, my family also has an accordion, but i have no idea how to properly play that, and i've never had lessons

And you would be wrong, the monuments aren't all there is to a city. Weird shop signs, impressive private gardens, the rare beautiful or interesting graffiti, there are lots of little things you can find. Plus you can find useful shops and it's an excuse to go out and not stuff your face all day.

Do it anyway faggot