"Gone Home and Her Story 'pushed the boundaries' of video games" - John Romero

John Romero, the co-creator of Doom, have drank the Kool-Aid and now revising the history of video games and even the definition of it. This is the state of the Western video game industry.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/357460/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2
twitter.com/josswhedon
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/gamergate
rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/video-games-can-never-be-art
rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/okay-kids-play-on-my-lawn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks for ruining my morning

Who cares what that jew thinks?

He alwyas looked like a faggot to me

Are they games? Yes.

Good games? No.

This thread is going to be fun.

Who? Romero was a poster boy. The rest of Id is what made Doom and the rest of their catalog great.

Also why did every cool dev from the 90s turned out to be a huge twat?

What I need to do is compile all of the quotes of crazy things thats john romeros said. I've seen an awful fucking lot of them on here. Anyone got a few good ones? If not? Then here's to romeros soon to be total meltdown.

he was in this "master" piece so

store.steampowered.com/app/357460/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2

Please stop, I'm trying to develop a half-decent 3D game for you all and seeing how the industry is going to shit as I'm trying to enter it makes me feel like shit, too.
Of course, I'm running out of time and money so this will probably never see the light of day anyways.
FML.

Fucking.
God damn it Romero. You had brownie points for not being a VR shill, why'd you have to go and fucking blow it?
Sheesh.
Everyone already knows FMV games have existed since the sega cd.
Who is this pandering for?

This is why the Japanese games industry is superior.

Have you also forgotten he made Daikatana? This is not someone whose opinion you should care about

Why would you develop a game full time as an indie?
Find a job and work on it on your free time dummy

Did he adopt his kid? Looks like he got cucked by Reggie.

Gen. X-ers have accepted their place in the cuckshed.

shekels.

see, the industry won't collapse because the industry knows where the shekels are.

Maybe because my last job was so awful and I got fucked over by feminists so hard I don't want to have anything to do with the industry anymore unless I'm doing it on my own, full-time.

You do realize you can find other jobs to support yourself without working in the industry you dumb cunt?

Yeah but lets also remember he made us his bitches when his dream game came out

I was having a good time playing video games too. Is nothing sacred? Is nobody safe?
Don't answer that

You did this to yourself

This man who has been held up to you as the shining example of gaming! You have been supplied with a false idol to stop you from tearing down this CORRUPT INDUSTRY! We take it back from the CORRUPT , the decadent who have kept you down with myths of equality and inclusiveness. Now we come here not as conquerors ,but as liberators to return control to the people

THIS! This is your liberation , take control of videogames and step forward those who would serve. For an army will be raised , the faraudulent ones will be ripped from their decadent nests and cast out into the cold online world that we know and endure , courts will be convened , spoils will be enjoyed. PIXEL BLOOD WILL BE SHED!The developers will survive as they learn to serve their true audience , THIS GREAT PASSTIME……it will endure.

Welcome to a fucking year ago newfags , now lurk dome moar

You do realize it's not just the gaming industry that's cucked, right?

What have you done?

Romero has been faggot for ages, he was in the rise of the indies documentary as well.

He kind of lost his shit after Daikatana bombed.

You either die blissfully ignorant, or you live long enough to see that your heroes are almost all fucking faggots.

Is the waitressing industry controlled by feminists too? Grow up faggot

Truly a new high for interactive story telling in the video game medium.

Dude has been cucked for a while - and I'm certain his current wife ate the loli Romanian he was married to previously.

Pushed the boundaries to the rock bottom, sure.

This. Daikatana was his indie failure that proved his previous successes were due to the better people around him like Carmack, Abrash, McGee, etc, and not because of his own particular talents or skills. Romero was a Kickstarter failure even before Kickstarter was around.

I feel that feel

but if that st fucking anita wants to steal my idea for a game about a princess who saves her own damn self (I know she got it from tumblr who in turn got it from SA. I didn't have reliable internet access at the time so I developed the idea in a vaccuum) then fuck if I'm not going to do it a fuckton better and make a point of lauding the complete lack of royalties she'll be getting over the sjw community

JOHN ROMERO'S ABOUT TO MAKE HIMSELF A BITCH

They pushed the boundaries into 'not games' territory. Kinda like how writing on a urinal pushed art into 'not art' territory. It never came back.

While I am not surprised, this is an incredibly stupid move. Never throw your hat in with people with a penchant for historical revisionism. It is only a matter of time before they utterly invalidate any contribution to the gaming industry and treat him like some random faggot whose opinion means nothing, even more so because he doesn't have a vag between his legs (despite being a giant one).

I'll never understand it. If I was part of the old guard of a given industry, I'd have a hard time capitulating to anything new, especially one that is entirely ideological.

I don't mind what he said here. Don't see what the problem is. You faggots just want to get mad about anything. Boring, walking simulator garbage is allowed to exist just as much as waifu simulators and genocide arcade shooters. The problem are the limp-wristed slack jawed dipshit bloggers that have taken it upon themselves to be the gatekeeprs of vidya and decide what is and what isn't allowed. Just like you simple fucks.

Yeah John Romero is a faggot now, it wasn't a secret user.

Neither of those games pushed the boundaries. there have been games that came before them that were better both from a technical, story, artistic, and even thematic standpoint.

Wew. I didn't realize we could destroy people's lives, livelihood, bring about the near death of western civilization, and send people into suicide all the while trying to subvert a medium due to daddy issues.

…pretty much.

Go home John.

Pushed the boundaries of our tolerance maybe.

Is this your first time browsing a video games board?
That's how its always been, going back decades to even BBS/USENET boards.

OBLIGATION

Who cares about some skeleton hack

What happened to John Romero? Did they cut up his luxurious hair?

They made him their bitch.

this what will happen to john romero when he panders…

leave and don't come back

What happened to Brendan?

No
They are not games.
There are no actual fail conditions in Gone Homo and that collection of poorly acted snippets of videos.
The last one you could literally run it as a basic search engine that generates hyperlinks to youtube.
No more a game than the haircut video by Neil Cicierega.
It is not an evolution of the medium.
It is not adding gameplay in games and calling it an improvement because so few are retarded enough to do that.
Dipshits who don't play games play them or in better terms "hit play" on them and "win" because they don't offer any real semblance of a challenge.

S U P E R I O R

They are pushing the boundaries, downwards that is.

Great b8 mate. Romero is shit though if one thinks he made Doom. There were others behind the game. Not to mention, Romero tried to make people his bitch with Daikatana. The only bitch he made was himself.

I'd rather play a game directed by Todd Howard than John Romero, Todd knows he isn't any good and just manages the team letting them do what they want in the hopes that they make a good game. Romero thinks he's a god when he's just a pretentious log of shit coasting on sheer luck, something he absolutely refuses to acknowledge.

and that's not counting the part where ops quote is cnn tier clickbait that ignores all context.

We've had great games that have pushed the envelope for storytelling for decades, games that seamlessly combine story and gameplay, games that use gameplay to frame the narrative in ways that simply showing it to you could not work, games where the story is multi layered with depth on depth on depth that a linear film could not achieve, so then why the fuck are games that don't exemplify storytelling within the structure of a game or push it forward in any way being put front and centre time and time again in news articles about story telling in games?

That explains why he hates Nintendo.

I didn't suggest, state or otherwise imply any of that shit you just said you illiterate fucktard.

Someone needed to play Captain Obvious because the rest of these degenerate fuckwits don't get it.

They pushed the boundaries on what Steam allows on its platform to be sold as a "video game" :^)

Yeah, you're probably right. Holla Forums isn't anywhere near as bad as SJW bloggers, those jackasses actually get shit done, unfortunately, while you just cry about how terrible life is.

Fucking this, what the fuck is wrong with you fags.
The level was pretty but it was worse than the worst levels from the original.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what Gone Home did that Myst hadn't done back in the 1990's.

Doing less than what adventures games and fmv games did in the early to late 90's isn't very innovative.

Whatever you say user. What else you got to make random Holla Forums user's REEEE?

So who's Romero's Bitch now

CHECKED FOR SUPERIOR SEVENS

Lesbians which is enough for these people

Didn't Bethesda games get worse at Todd Howard had LESS input into the development process?

Lesbians and pandering to "only 90's kids will remember this!" set dressing.

what happened to what was it called blackroom
notunreal
itsquakebutnotquake
doomclone

absolute mystery.

Nothing, it's strongest feature is the ability to interact with nebulous content in the house and the slight horror atmosphere mostly achieved by the house being dark and unfamiliar, considering the main character grew up in that house I don't think that was intentional, it's patently shit on every level.

These two things aren't related though. it's an issue of going sideways and not forwards, the games haven't entirely gotten worse, in many parts they have gotten better, it's the parts that really mattered to an RPG that have been waylayed by the progress of nebulous shit and polish.

Those aspects are choice and consequence, storytelling, writing in general, lore/worldbuilding and character development.

A lot of these were malformed in Morrowind but they worked, somehow they worked… in later games they just aren't the focus, well character development via stats/skills has been refined, but the only part that makes Morrowind better was how utterly broken and fun it could be.

Yes, literally every industry that has a HR department has been taken over by feminists. They decide who gets hired and who doesn't.
And some professions like teaching were ruined by feminists without the need for a HR department to do it for them.

He has like 20 illegitimate kids. He's basically the nigger of Id.

I know we all like to blame Todd Howard as a Chronic Liar but I actually think he's just repeating what Pete Hines tells him, really Pete runs Bethesda while Todd is the figure head, so any blame can be shifted onto Todd
What likely happens is Todd comes up with an idea for a game that is actually pretty good while Pete isolates Todd so Todd doesn't see what happens in development leading Pete to sabotage any of Todd's ideas because while they'd make a great game they're too expensive, with Pete spending more money on Marketing, Pete doesn't care about games just shekels like the Jew he probably is, while Todd loves games and want to make a good game but is oblivious to what is going on but he's slowly realising that he has no control in Bethesda
The reason Todd won't come out about any revelations he makes is because no one believes him

twitter.com/josswhedon
Wait a second. Did Joss quit twitter? Why there's some Russian guy instead of him now?

Joss loved feminism.
Joss made a movie for Marvel.
Feminists did not like this movie, and called him names.
He apologized and left, because he had been alienated by everyone he liked.

Those feminists scared him off twitter.

Your picture doesnt say he thinks theyre good games, but rather that he still considers them "games". Course, the dude apparently still plays Wow, so its not like he's got high standards.

And the ones who arent they villify because they dont adhere to the current status quo.

I think they want to claim they pushed the boundaries of the narrative movie experience in vidya, but really they didnt even do that. there were text adventures that were better than this on dos, as well as older vns and some shit triple A railroad games that do gone home and her story a million times better.
I do think hes trying to pander and get along since hes making a game and wants to get in the good graces of the journos.

Went after the yuri industry.

Amazing.

Todd Works on the games but yet again he's the manager, I've already explained why I think he's bad and that's because he's just a yes man, he just says yes while not considering how these choices affect one and other, he lacks the vision to makes the games good but his lack of spine at least allows the games to be so filled with nebulous shit you can probably find some fun within the pile of mish mashed toys.

Beth/Zeni is a multi layered company and it's kikery has multiple layers too

Are you trying to reverse the Dreamboy meme here?

He was harassed off of twitter from the feminists he fought for and fought on the frontlines with, and by fighting on the frontlines I mean shaming people for not being PC.

I wonder how he feels about his account now being anti-feminist and homophobic.

Probably very bad considering how sensitive joss whedon is.

So who's left to throw their hat in with the SJ crowd?

I'm not sure why being against change is always portrayed as a bad thing. Change isn't inherently good and the majority of "innovation" in the video game industry has just made it worse

Honestly can't argue with this.

Where did it all go so wrong?

What did Big the Cat do?

He hates Trump, cucks for Hillary and pulled a Phil Fish on Duke fanbase when that rerererelease of Duke 3d bombed a week ago.

Not unexpected given the business he works in
Caps?

It was on his goybook, he straight up told people to shut the fuck up and fuck off if they have anything negative to say about the shit rerelease.

remember that if the VA royalties thing actually goes through this will be future we didn't choose

Pretty sure living in whatever shitlib infested hellholes they live in will do most people in at some point.

The answer is clear

That's why I'm buying the console port of Dark Messiah

Can't argue with those trips.

These trips represent the state of the Western Industry.

Looking and/or making a game to justify video game as an art form never led to anything good.

he should've sticked to not being a faggot

Someone explain to me what Marxism or even Marxist historiography has to do with video game design other than it being "great" (I guess for being paid for regardless of one's means/talent?).

This is what we get for trusting a spic. Zimmerman is the only good beaner on this Earth.

It's not homophobic to hate certain kinds of faggots since even faggots themselves hate the cringey, pride parade-tier attention whores especially those who live off of welfare like a lot of SJeWs do.

They want to change the industry so that they get to be the ones being paid maximum shekels without making an effort, as opposed to the typical WASP execs of the old guard. Marxism has always been that to be honest, which is politicization of pathological envy.

3/10 made me reply

Romero is an Indian. George Zimmerman is just an edgy spic who will do anything to be at the center of attention.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. John Romero sadly became a brainwashed numale, and he's been making it obvious for quite a while now.

Oh, you mean a "native" Indian. For a moment I thought you were talking about walking feces.

He killed a nigger and got away with it with a smile on his face. He did more good than most whites will in all their lives.

Didn't he pimp out his then girlfriend to Playboy back in the Daikatana days because they were running out of money?

Well, suppose his new game is gonna be shit too then.

zimmerman also cant be killed and sends cucks to prison.

The twitter salt after that guy was sentenced was glorious

Some people said he should have been let off because he missed

Typical leftists, they want to get rewarded even when they fuck up.

The zimmer's a hero. Stop getting your opinions from CNN.

wait, that actually happened?

Leftists are mentally ill.

i suppose getting shot at must be some kind of attention whoring, you should try it sometime

Yeah, guy drove up next to Zimzam and opened fire

Said he was acting in self-defense, but that sounds mighty retarded considering from where he shot Zimbabwe

Do you mind to showing some? I'm in the mood to see sjws triggered

I just got linked to it days ago, didn't save nuffin

Just a bunch of impotent rage, crying about how attempted murder of an aquitted murder suspect the media told them to hate is morally justified

Enough for me, I already find the fact that someone tried to shoot him back in a "divine justice" way just to fail funny. Althrough it's kind of weird, wasn't spics supposed to be victims in the media thanks to trump?

those games are brilliant, you only hate them because they're about women. bigot.

Thread already has some failed attempts at bait a couple of posts above.
Just sit quietly like a good girl.

He spent his entire life surrounded by the faggots who dominate the industry. Limp-wristed, lifelong leftists who believe their party can do no wrong. They let themselves get dragged into the hell they helped create, and now there's no hope for him turning his shit around without burning nearly every bridge in the industry.

Sadly, people like him and many others, would never admit that the hostile groupthink is a problem, and instead lash out at anyone who threatens the ingroup they are trapped in. Since they feel no one can save them, they'd rather not risk having the rest of their ideological cult turn on them by resisting the kind of "progress" that polygon and kotaku preach.

you'd like that wouldn't you? fucking sexist pig

But Zimmerman evolved into a white man by killing a nigger.

I'm not even kidding, the media kept referring to him as white for most of the trial.

You could just show us your tits instead. Prove to humanity women aren't as useless as they appear.

Did you guys seriously not notice that Romero's wife turned him into a huge cuck years ago? Or did you forget that he hasn't made anything worthwhile–hell, he's barely made anything at all–for around 20 years?

I knew Romero was a liberal but I didn't know it was this bad. Hopefully McGee can slap some sense back into him.

sauce?

never happened, never will happen.

Biddle was right. Nerds deserve to be degraded and bullied into submission.

Happened to me in the sense that I grew up
Still ashamed

I love how the media brightened his mugshot to make him look more white

did people forget daikatana so quickly?

They didn't fund his latest kickstarter fraud so I don't think they did.

before romero left id he just came to work and deathmatched all day. carmack hated his shit work ethic. romero is the least responsible for making doom and quake good.

Remember that Doom is still good, and Ace of Spades is still around. We'll have shit to play you faggots.

These people have a medical disorder.

How are those games? LiS is yet another interactive movie inspired by Telltale, Her Story is below the bar of a Sega CD FMV game, and Gone Home even with the "twist" is forgettable.

He, like Lucas, Tim Schafer, and so many other false idols was someone lucky enough to put his name on a product that was good not through his own work but that of people under and around him.

In his case, Daikatana sits as proof of how shit a game can be when he's in full control

Happened to me. If it weren't for GG, I would have been a Bernout instead of a Trump supporter.

Holla Forums here. we tried to warn you about the western video game industry will turn into the American comic book Industry.
We laugh at you now

Isn't really surprising considering Romero had Undertale on his Mac desktop in one of his streams.

Its happening to the entire western world you dipshit

Go back to your containment board.

Why did I click on that video?
Does she have lewds?

Holy shit

Even though i barely have read comics in my life i still feel the pain for Holla Forums, have my condolences

also why the fuck did i watch that video, i could only take 10 seconds of that torturous nu male speech

You can't finish mist in 2 seconds.

experimenting with the medium to see what we can do AKA lets see what we can get away with

Even before that Romero was a faggot. He'll always go on about how Doom was his idea, completely ignoring the fact that he didn't do jack shit on the game. Between the two games he made around 10 maps. He spent more time working on other ego stroking things such as "Design rules" and telling Bobby Prince what to do. Romero is a huge attention whore, that was true in 1993, and that's true today.

Doom the game was more of a thing made by Tom, Adrian, and Sandy, while the Engine was Carmack and Abrash.

Okay, Europe was the centre of colonial power until the 20th century, it's inevitable. Why the author couldn't just use the word colonialism (which is actually a word) is beyond me, but whatever.
What the fuck does this word salad even mean? Heterosexuality that is also white supremacy? Heterosexual preferences that are white? Is there something uniquely white about hating man sex and feeling yourself superior? Is that why white countries are so perfect for being caliphates?

If we lived in a Marxist shithole they wouldn't have a job, they would either be starving to death to death or forced to work on a potato farm like a slave.
These cockroaches need to swim in a volcano.

But true communism has never been tried :^)
SJWs are the useful idiots, they will be the first group to get eradicated once "their" side wins

No.
what adversity do you over come?
What rules define the game?
Can you die?
Is there any semblance of challenge?

Fuck's sake fam.

I could understand the argument for Her Story type games, it's just that it's so dull and boring, the subject matter itself.

A game better written/acted with a more interesting story/theme I'd play the hell out of.

sauce on the woman?

knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/gamergate

It's in there somewhere I'm sure.

That's true, in one of the interviews Yuri Bezmenov did he mentioned the soviets had a black book containing not a list of their enemies but their own sympatric allies as they saw their own as the biggest threat, it was a hit list.
At least we can be happy in the knowledge if they got their way we would survive while they would be lined up against a wall.

didn't the Serial Experiments Lain game did that thing already?

Possibly, never heard of it.

Yep. Same story here. I've hated HRC for quite a long time, but I wouldn't have even considered a Republican until this election. Got rid of that (D) and am set on remaining independent.

where's your saviour now Holla Forums?

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE CO-CREATOR OF DOOM HAS GONE FULL CUCK

DESPAIR

It's always the jews

sure

Yes, yes they are you newcuck.
Just because you were born too late to play IF games, does not mean they are not games.
Example: Gone homo
To solve the puzzle.
That you have to follow the obvious as fuck clues and find the next clue
Fuckwit. You mean "can you lose"
By your definition solitaire or simcity are not games. And technically you can lose in gone homo if you are really fucking stupid and do not find the ending. Unlikely as that is.
Games are not defined by their difficulty. Now you are just being stupid.

And for shit and giggles definition for GAME

Now look at the pretty picture and read it.
You might learn something.

Actually, disregard what i said. You people are too fucking stupid to breathe.

RIRI williams

R
i
R
i

Best part? The comment section HATES it.

So it was myst but only ten seconds long, not nearly as interesting, and had dykes
wew

Oy vey.

Solitaire has a soft lose state where you cant play any new cards necause of the deck order. Especially on vegas mode or with draw 3.

Sim City can be lost. You are removed if you approval is too low

He's always been soft.

In the first versions of doom there was a room with a nazi symbol on the floor, people wrote in and complained so they removed it.

I guess technically this game you can't lose either.

How would one rate this?

Is there any way to lose at Gone Home?
I haven't played it, nor have any desire to, but does Gone Home have that sought after 'fail state'? Or is its fail state that you just stop playing?
Is the win state you completing the game, and the fail state the game being left incomplete? Because if that's the case, that's a big check going towards Gone Home being an interactive movie menu game.

No one can deny it at this point

I CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT MY LESBIAN SISTER, SUPERFLY

BTW: I don't think that you are wrong but John Romero is a faggot for thinking that these games push the medium. It is nothing but post-modernism in a medium that doesn't even have Renaissance.

rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/video-games-can-never-be-art
In this article, Kellee Santiago gave three games to Roger Ebert to play in order to make the case that video games can be art:
1)Waco Resurrection
2)Braid
3)Flower
Let me ask why did she picked these games. These are terrible choices to give him.

rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/okay-kids-play-on-my-lawn
Eventually, Roger Ebert decided that he doesn't really understand video games enough to give a good answer. He said that Shadow of the Colossus came the closest. From the sound of it, he just wants to stop being bother by these approval seeking morons.

I believe art is form of expression and it isn't indication of quality. However, not everyone has accepted that yet and too many morons are trying get these people's approval. Most notability by emulating movies. Besides the idea that we all should already know by now of how video games shouldn't try to be movies but try to be video games, I don't think that there needs to be a magic video game that guides video games into the realm of high art. The real thing holding the medium back is lack of critical video game analysis. While I heavily criticized modern game design, game design is something needs a lot of consideration. There should be back and forth between designers and critics not ass-kissing.

I agree it is a game.
But in your incoherent rage ramblings, you let out that you know a LOT about Gome Homo, and it seemed like you even completed the game, maybe more than once. Which is hillarious

Should've given them MGS games, they are pretty much movies anyway.

John Romero is gonna make you his just a little bitch.

SUCK IT UP

Fuck.

Thing is, people like Leonardo da Vinci or Van Gogh didn't get up in the morning and decided they were gonna be 2deep4u hipsters and make "art".

Why can't leftist cuckolds understand that art can't be forced into being, and that what is artistic for a movie isn't exactly what is artistic for games.

Jonathan Blow is a tryhard faggot that is exactly the kind of pretentious hipster that thinks if he smears his post-modernist feces all over stuff he makes it will get the indie clique to suck his dick. The really sad part is that it actually works, these people are so shallow and predictable that playing to their expectations will get your product called "art".

I still don't get how that game, even on release, was getting its dick sucked so vigorously.
When it came to the game parts of it, it was a massive step down.
When it came to story it was a convoluted mess that is concisely explained from Levine's reddit AMA.

Weird for the sake of being weird.
Relies too much on people thinking "It is like Mario but with a twist!"
The gayest shit.

It's "pedigree". Idiots thought the first Bioshock was equally deep and artistic, and extended this to the sequel as well. It's what happens when the only thoughts in your head are those given to you by public personas.

Also, the game used big words and novel concepts (for normalfags at least). Normalfags aren't taught to question things, they take everything at face value, so it never occurred to them to question the coherence of the narrative.

The first Bioshock was even more simplistic than Skyrim. Let that skin in for a second.

That pic looks like it came straight from Neofag.

I'm not even surprised.

Fail state is playing it.

It's even more pathetic when you realize it's Holla Forums trying to ridicule another board when they have Steven Universe generals daily.

Yes, and normalcy bias makes sure that todays 10 year olds grew up with "press x to knife" kind of games so the transition is less, making them accept the declining quality easier.

Oldfags who grew up with NES, like most of us who shitpost on this board, pick up on it that much more.

It's like technology fucked everything up. Back then, you could only fit so much on a cartridge so you had to make sure the game lasted long enough to warrant the asking price. In that regard, the games were very challening. But they also had to be good. Somehow they got it right despite the limitations.

Now they can compensate with an hour of cutscenes and glossy bullshit that means nothing.

Plus he's also implying that
1)we didn't see it coming
2)we could've prevented it

Simplicity wasn't the problem with those games. LoZ:OoT was simple but it didn't treat you like a brain dead moron and actually had puzzles.

There is really no other "elegant" way to handle stealth one hit kills.

Let's not pretend the NES era wasn't filled with shovelware and shitty titles either, or that developers made games cheaply hard so they could create the illusion there was more content there than it initially appeared.

And yet good games are still being made if you stop looking at the turds the AAA industry and indie scene keeps shitting out.

And unlike Holla Forums, we didn't embrace it so people would keep calling us nice.

But Bioshock was a terrible game, even as a spiritual sequel to SS2. All it had going for it was atmosphere and the shitty twist.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

As a shooter, you're limited to only 2 weapons, said weapons are samey and the gunplay is shit.
Speaking of samey stuff, all the enemies are the same aside from maybe the pyro people, the robot presidents and the "Handyman" or whatever the fuck that was called. That's 4 types of enemies more or less.
There's one boss in the game that's repeated 3 times, nothing's different, it's just the same shit 3 times in different places.
The "last level" is just a short horde mode that my disabled cat could win.
All the special abilities, salts whatever, also feel the same, there is no variety.

Its writing is fucking crap that makes no fucking sense and contradicts itself all throughout the game, an example is how the ending basically doesn't fucking matter if we're playing by the "infinite universes" rules.
The whole "white racist utopia" theme is very mild and there's nothing to it besides the beginning part with the ball shit, the revolution and watching niggers scrub toilets once or twice
The characters (or at least the like 5-6 you interact with) are boring. Maybe the 2 twin scientists are mildly interesting, but that's about it. Even Elizabeth ends up just being an item dispenser that sometimes talks or makes the plot go forward with portals she pulls out of her ass because she's special.
I'm not saying the other 2 Bioshock games were good, but at least you could get multiple endings in the depending on what you did throughout the game. That is not a thing in Biocock: Infishit.

Visually, it might look pretty for 2 seconds after you get in the actual city, but that ends there. The enemies all look the same and are all the same aside from that big bald guy thing that tries to be this game's big daddy, but in the end is just more boring shit.

I pirated the game when it came out to see what everybody was on about, and it was fucking boring crap. Definitely not worth the praise it got.
I'm seeing this pattern repeat way too much lately:
I fucking hate it.

It is very bad.

What's worse is that one of these weapons will always be the assault rifle stand-in because of how versatile it is, and the fact the game will be forced to hand you the exact type of weapon you will need for the next encounter at specific points in the level to ensure you can actually get through them instead of letting the player figure out what set of weapons are the most useful for any given fight. But that's most modern shooter, BI finds way to even fuck that one up.

Let's not forget that halfway through the game introduces a "new" set of upgraded weapons that are inferior to whatever shit you've been using up until then, thus cluttering the weapon pool even more, or the fact that you can actually get fucked by the game so bad you enter an encounter with a weapon that no enemy drops ammo for, so you end up getting frustrated because the fight is now pointlessly hard.

And they even cut and replaced the content where she was your waifu to her being your character's daughter for no good reason, except that the game has Bioshock in the title and every Bioshock game "needs" to have a shitty twist in there somewhere.

And what's worse is that there is no exploration, there are no character progression elements, there are no varied styles of gameplay. There's nothing, it's just a subpar shooter that thinks it can get away with being shit because of its supposed RPG features.

What kills me even more is that the supposed resurgence of "immerse sims" is a complete fucking dud. The SS1 remake looks like trash and is being animated by a mentally ill furry, SS3 is pozzed and Prey has Bethesda written all over it.

That is an insult to Bioshock. I'm not saying it's the most complex FPS ever, but it isn't anywhere near as simple as Skyrim.
Skyrim is a joke. The optimal strategy for melee killing enemies is to just attack over and over again. The optimal strategy for killing enemies is to be a stealth archer.
The level design for the dungeons is always a straight line, with some rooms that maybe connect back onto the straight line, which ends by curling back and connecting to the beginning of the straight line.
Again, I'm not implying that Bioshock's level design was masterful, but it wasn't a straight line.
I'm sure there are people who are more autistic than me, that can list every single bad thing about Skyrim.

You need minimal amount of thinking about the game to see it as the shit show it is. Like the whole Chinese weapons guy plot line, and how it ended with him dying in every universe because he was dead in one.
I remember stopping and saying out loud 'if it's infinite universes then everyone should be dead', or something like that.

People that like Infinite are people that played it only once, and barely thought about it after.

So is Bioshock. Use electricity on enemies and then whack them with the wrench. There, you are now a completely unstoppable juggernaut that can one hit 90% of enemies in the game.

In other words: Romero got at last a blowjob from the whale.
Only the train did not hit that girl.

That's not true. After the half way mark when you bash in Ryan's head the normal splicers become immune to that combo. Every other splicer has enough health to take that combo at least twice.

Kill all Marxist, no excuses.

I gave up before that. I didn't give a fuck about the pretentious writing and bashing the same retarded enemies with the same combo over and over again got boring pretty fast.

What really baffles me is that even though it's like the 100th time I see those pics I still can't understand what the fuck Marxism is supposed to do with game design. It's like a fucking edgy liberal college kid wanted to be even more edgy and threw Marx into it just because.

I have known about this shit for 20 years. Its the entire world. GG

The same it has to do with any artistic medium, turn it into a propaganda tool to spread their cancerous ideology.

Whatever you think is "cultural Marxism" has nothing to do with Marxism mate. Also the presentation in those pics is about Marx's theory, so it's a double no. It's impossible to get an economic theory into game design. That's the retarded part

(checked)

Back to your gulag.

Oh, so that's what he meant by this.

they pushed the boundaries of what people would accept as video games this is technically true

Brainwashing 101.

Can you actually read? What gets labeled today as Cultural Marxism is just your typical liberal insanity. It has nothing to do with Marx's economic and political theory. If Cultural Marxism triumphs and the (((globalist))) agenda is fulfilled, you won't see any socialism, it would be like Demolition Man

It has nothing to do with it, they simply want to brainwash people and force their failed ideology into everything however they can.

We have already gone over this many times in many threads, newfriend.

A game must have a failure state. Without it, you're left with a puzzle (which is not a game) or interactive fiction (which is also not a game).

The overall rating is worthless, devs can and do remove ratings all the time, they can even ban people from ever posting on the games store forum.
Why (((Valve))) gives them this kind of power knowing full well it gets abused all the time is beyond me.

Replace "working class" with "minorities" and "bourgeois" with "white majority" and it's easy to see how Cultural Marxism is exactly what Marx intended it to be.

Socialism is inherently a failure, so I fail to see what leftist cuckolds like you are on about. All I know is that you all need to be rounded up and shot.

kek.

Essentially, "pushing boundaries" is another word for steadily including more and more retards into the target audience. It's not about innovation or challenging concepts anyore, It's just about developing games which can be "played" ghetto niggers, while luring the smar white folks with blanket terms like "old school, hardcore, competitive".

Almost every downfall of a game franchise was caused by expanding beyond the original target audience in pursuit of the shekels.

It all started with trammel, where the most retarded human beings alive at that time have been amassed and able to do what they want without any fear of consequences, lack of risk and their personal safe space. Trammel was the prototype for gaming SJWs.

Jesus Christ spoiler that shit next time, I'm eating.

Every fucking "this isn't a video game" argument ever. Jesus fucking christ user apply yourself.

I don't know if you are underage or a retard, but either way we should stop derailing. Keep Holla Forums in Holla Forums

hey what are some games that feature dog bark sound effects. but not necessarily to represent a barking dog.
squeaky toy music like in paper mario ttyd are cool too

You need to slither back to Holla Forums mate, your kind is not welcome anywhere else.

What, afraid she'll take it from you?

I knew it was bad at bioware but
FUCKING LORD WHAT IS THAT HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? WHERE DID IT GO SO WRONG?

It's bait, they didn't hire the disgusting whale.

They did however hire this thing.

Better question is if they realize you had others working on Doom. Carmack and Petersen should come to mind.

Oh yeah I forgot about curry thunder. What the fuck is "snowquester" anyway?

We already knew that he doesn't always get it right.

Fuck off Holla Forums.

You have to go back, cuckchan, they ban Holla Forums there, "Keep Holla Forums in Holla Forums" is from CUCKCHAN, faggot.

My cat acts more human then that savage.

I think its someone who is on a fetch quest to collect snow.

This thread has some good shit.

I have no fucking idea.

Shitting in the designated street is the dance of his people.

Well there you have it even niggers don't think they're human.

These are the sorts of people that I go out of my way to use words like faggot and nigger around.

(nice trips, checked)
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that game about a man with a family who then abandons them to be with his gay lover?

Because if so, what the fuck?

Does he consider what would happen if whites didn't care about being called racist?

Most no longer do, the reason is because these marxist do nothing but call us it every second they can.
They scream it so often it has lost all meaning.

When that happens people get fucking wrecked.

Because a white man who isn't offended or defensive is the most dangerous threat (to those with evil interests) in the room on an idealogical and intellectual level. It's not saying much about the other people in the room either, it's sad how politics has degenerated in these recent years.

Girl with lesbian lover.

The rest of the love story is generic "good girl meets punk rock guy" bullshit, except it's a punk rock girl. And because of this one small detail, retards think it's 10/10

If a black person gets called "nigger", either it's par for the course (called it by another black person), or they get sympathy for it.

If a white person gets called racist, depending on who is calling them that, they may have their fucking life ruined.

Big fucking difference.

I don't see it in his blog and can't be arsed to try to use twatter. Link?

Her Story did absolutely nothing. It pushed not political agenda, it had almost no real gameplay, it did jack fucking shit. The only reason it recieved so much attention is because the title has "Her" in it. Its a sign of how fucking terrible and pretentious the indie scene is.

I have absolutely nothing against the developer or the actors involved, they got a shit ton of unwarranted attention via the SJW lottery and capitalized on it, good for them. But this game is really a shining example of how the SJW indie videogame scene DOES NOT ACTUALLY FUCKING PLAY VIDEOGAMES. EVEN THE ONES THEY WRITE ABOUT NON-STOP.

FUCK.

She's just a symptom of BioWare reaching the logical conclusion of their pursuit of liberal faggotry.

I can't wait to see how bad ME4 will be.

Subhumans like him think Gandhi freed them for all eternity. In a century his progeny will be cleaning the white man's toilet once again.

Always looked like a faggot

Here's the only legit review of it I've seen.

Don't forget the statutory rape bit, or the fact her dyke girlfriend convinced her to steal from her family and run away to "smash the patriarchy".

The "game" was pure trash. It didn't even try to tell an interesting story, everything in there was a vehicle to present you the shitty twist, your sister is a batshit insane lesbian Marxist that ruined your family.

As far as I'm concerned the LGBT community needs to be gassed too. They're just yes men to jews and filled with flamers.

I thought he was Italian?

Just imagine, if uncle Ruckus knew all it took to be white was to kill niggers, he'd have remade the kkk.

If most niggers were like Uncle Ruckus we wouldn't need to exterminate their race.

b-but thats different because theyre funny

Looking at Her Story, beyond just watching clips, the only thing that seems original was the game being FMV. Even then, how the hell is that shit even pushing boundaries? By showing not all FMV games were shit?

I'd say that you can fail in the majority of point-and-clicks.

So you swap over to Insect Swarm, which is better than electrobolt since the debuff stays even after you smacked them with a wrench, allowing multiple sneak attacks in a row.

Bioshock had sneak attacks?

The bigger news here is that somebody is still working on GW2 that might actually have talent.

Last time we had a thread about that on /cuteboys/ the majority of the thread wanted them curbed stopped for giving them such a bad rep.
Why the fuck do we even have them in the first place? I don't see anyone having straight pride parades, what next we going to start having scat pride? furry pride?
What ever happened to don't ask don't tell, mostly the last part why is that part so fucking hard for some people.

Hitting a stunned or distracted enemy gave a multiplier to your melee damage, more if you had the right tonics. Stacking 2 sneak attack tonics, 2 wrench damage tonics and using insect swarm, you can clear an entire room with one cast and a wrench.
Also, if you took both Icy wrench tonics and both sportsboosts you can stunlock any enemy in the game, keeping them permenantly frozen while you whack them.

Ah thanks, I never used the wrench past the early game in bioshock.

so if they had a fail state they would be games?

Gay pride events originated from new york city, ill let you connect the dots.

Say no more.

Because at a point in time in the last half century, being gay and being out was considering courageous in the west. Depending on where you were, I suppose I could see that.
Now though, the overwhelming majority don't give a shit. If you're in the Middle East or Africa then you've either got the biggest balls in the world or fucking retarded if you're gay and out. Most people here only really start caring about where someone sticks their dick when it gets in the way of their daily lives. Like if their route to work has been overtaken by a parade of gay people screaming how cool they are for being gay.
SJWs really only care about 'what' you are. Past the superficial levels, like race, sex, sexual preference, the power games that they like to play starts getting muddied and almost impossible to gauge.

Yes.

Gay parades are merely faggots rubbing their disgusting mental illness in the face of the white majority, laughing at the fact that the normal people they hate are powerless to stop them from this disgusting display, or from raping their children.

All faggots need to die.

are you saying that spiderman cartoon maker or putt putt and fatty bears activity pack arent games?

Probably yeah

Yes.

conventions already exist

All you need is for some enterprising soul to throw a bunch of molotovs into the parade. I hear the fursuits burn very well.

Cumcrusting is like asbestos.

they're gonna burn alright

The funny thing about the fail state argument is that it's so shit that not only does it disqualify countless puzzle and adventure games, regardless how challenging they can be, but it also means movie-games which throw QTEs at you that can lead to game over screens suddenly count as games.

Which isn't to say they don't, but it's fun to keep in mind anyone who brings up fail states is arguing that Telltale's Walking Dead is more of a game than all the previous adventure series they had done.

aww man

As if regular clothing doesn't?

If by "pushed boundaries," you mean "created their own little bubble," John. Everything they "pioneered" was already done better twenty years ago.

Not as good as a fursuit, and you get the satisfaction of knowing the vile freak is now trapped in an inescapable, fiery hell of toxic fumes and burning skin, as all the synthetic cloth around him melts onto the skin.

wrong on two counts

Can't speak for Her Story or Gone Home, since I have more important shit to do, like nothing. I have played the first episode of Life is Strange and it's fuckin horrendous. Dumbass fuckin puzzles and annoying character and dialogue. The soundtrack is infinitely better by just being anemic. Don't buy it.

I don't think calling Life is Strange "fuckin horrendous" is doing justice to how horrible it is. I don't think the English language has words to describe what a complete abortion that was.

I wouldn't want my worst enemy to even watch it on youtube, let alone suffer through "playing" it.

cant wait for the endless trumpcuck salt party after he loses, this site is going to explode, it's going to be remembered. clinton is no better, sadly. broken system.

either way i doubt theyll shut up

weak bait

I did it for space's sake. You can do at least a 30 minutes of a video essay on how bad it is.
To be honest the only thing remotely good about it is that it spawned the Life is Dranks saga.

BREAKING NEWS
PEOPLE RETAIN THE CAPACITY FOR FAGGOTRY UNTIL THEY BECOME CORPSES
In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.
Seriously though, there's a reason nobody calls someone a hero while they're alive

And now the cuckolded developers are making a vampire "RPG". Lord knows how pozzed that one is gonna be.

Ya know, even with tim schafer, warren spector, and romero all turning around and acting like asshats with political mission statements I can't get behind, it dosen't take away from the games to me. As much as I follow this as a subject of interest, I can't stay it actually effects my enjoyment level of the games themselves.

It is troubling to watch the industry and the trends keep getting worse. But people in creative fields tend to get feed this sort of liberal crappy groupthink as a whole. The biggest thing I want is a meltdown and a freakout at this point. At least then it'll be entertaining. I need more than just a couple tossed off statements, I want a full on meltdown dammit.

I don't hate Trump but I am beginning to be skeptical of him, he's a judeo-mason.
Trumps Jews Tread

Vincent Harris (Ashkenazic Jew) – Former Digital Strategy Manager, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
Carl Icahn (Ashkenazic Jew) – Owner and Chairman, Icahn Enterprises
Charles Kushner (Ashkenazic Jew) – Founder and Co-Owner, Kushner Companies
Jared Kushner (Ashkenazic Jew) – Chief Executive Officer, Kushner Companies; Publisher, Observer Media
Yael Kushner [née Ivanka Trump] (Orthodox Jewish convert) – Executive Vice President, The Trump Organization
Richard LeFrak (Ashkenazic Jew) – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, LeFrak Organization
Jason Miller (Ashkenazic Jew) – Senior Communications Adviser, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
Stephen Miller (Ashkenazic Jew) – Senior Policy Adviser, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
Steven Mnuchin (Ashkenazic Jew) – National Finance Chairman, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
Sam Nunberg (Ashkenazic Jew) – Former Policy Adviser, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
Stewart Rahr (Ashkenazic Jew) – Former Owner, Kinray
George Ross (Ashkenazic Jew) – Executive Vice President and Senior Counsel, The Trump Organization
Phil Ruffin (Ashkenazic Jew) – Owner, Treasure Island Hotel and Casino
Felix Sater (Ashkenazic Jew) – Former Senior Adviser, The Trump Organization
Andrew Weiss (Ashkenazic Jew) – Executive Vice President, The Trump Organization
Allen Weisselberg (Ashkenazic Jew) – Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, The Trump Organization
Steve Wynn (Ashkenazic Jew) – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Wynn Resorts
Lara Yunaska (Ashkenazic Jew) – Associate Producer, Inside Edition

Well there are actually a lot of gay men in the middle east. And depending on which middle eastern country you're in its even accepted to fuck young boys.
Hey it can't be all that gay they're dressed as women right?
But the nature of getting
Is a very real thing in the middle east. There's a lot more men fucking men going on in the traditional middle east than you would think if you didn't look into it Quite haram honestly.

>I do think hes trying to pander and get along since hes making a game and wants to get in the good graces of the journos.
Poor fool

The Anus is also a boundary

boundaries are meant to be crossed

Myst was better because it came with a whole culture of underground book nerds.

Ubisoft has been ruining everything for longer than I realized