Is there latency if I was to play console games on computer with a game capture device?

Is there latency if I was to play console games on computer with a game capture device?

Unnoticeable with HDMI.

>>>Holla Forums

But it needs to go through the usb.

What about it?

That is a far better place for your question as you'll probably get someone who actually knows what the fuck they're talking about to answer it.

Not that you were wrong to post it here, but I don't think you'll get a good answer.

Hm, but you ARE using HDMI, correct? If so, the transfer speed shouldn't impact gameplay much, use 3.0 if you can.

Do you already have it on you?

have an internal capture device that hooks to a PCI port, external ones have a tendancy to have unsnyched audio.

also get a hdmi splitter so you can have the video go to your tv.

i don't know why you would want the capture device in the first place when you could just plug the HDMI directly into your monitor

Yes, a significant amount of delay.

I'd recommend you split to a nearby television, because the video you get off the capture card will be delayed by the preview system, since it has to be encoded.

Fair enough.

Yeah I would be using HDMI from the console into the device. Then it connect to the computer via usb. At least the one Im looking at does.
I'm looking at buying the elgato HD after I saw some guy with nice Yakuza 0 footage at 60fps.

Ok thanks.

yes, get the Live Gamer Extreme if you don't want latency

Shove it up you ass if you don't want any latency.

Alright user, whip it out!~

What did he mean by this?

It emphasizes the previous word.

What did he meme by this?

Buy some .45 ACP and put a new hole through your skull.

What console?
What output on that console?

you cant play through the usb for anything BUT the HD60S (a specific elgato model) and it needs a computer capable of running the iamge in realtime with a USB3 port

If you're using HDMI passthrough there is zero lag

If you're using the HD60 Pro there's like 1/40th of a second lag

Er 1/40th of a second lag through its monitoring software

Anyone saying that there is no delay has absolutely no idea what they're talking about. I'm bumping this old ass thread just to call you fucking morons out for your stupidity and bring attention to how fucking retarded 8/v/'s userbase has become. If you've never used a capture card why even try to answer the fucking question to something you know nothing about? I hate all of you.

there is if you rely on the capture window. Depends on your transfer rate on USB

I would suggest the use of a splitter and play on a secondary monitor.

Do that for both HDMI and AV.

I have the same Elgato Game Capture HD model too.

Probably, what codec is it encoding to? Does it even support live streaming or does it just spit out a file? Why does your screen not have another hdmi port?

OP, being a fag, is on a laptop

I've been playing using a capture card for years, and it's definitely lag city.

I need to get a table and hook up my TV again, and see how everything plays on a CRT after all the figurative swimming in cold peanut butter I've been doing.

H.246 encoding
Output on OBS can be FLV or MP4

SPLITTERS!
USE THEM!