Anyone try this? I don't have an xbone so all I've played is the original and it was enjoyable...

Anyone try this? I don't have an xbone so all I've played is the original and it was enjoyable. Is this one worth playing at all?

No. But seriously no

lmao

GoW was always a dudebro cover-based slow piece of shit with regenerating health, it surprises me how people can have nostalgia for some things

I plan on some comfy coop with a buddy when he gets done moving shit into his new apartment.

I'm enjoying it on PC, the mouse and keyboard controls are fantastic. The campaign is pretty meh. My only gripes with the multiplayer is that all the maps feel really samey, but they are going to be releasing two maps for free every month for a whole year so maybe they'll make something interesting. The worst part about the whole game in general is the card packs which take forever to grind out.

inb4 SHILL REEEEE

Obviously never played multiplayer at a decent skill level

Watching an lp of it, that bitch with the beanie is annoying as hell, her mom is the hot one.

Toe the line or gas yourself

Sorry I like a video game that you don't user :^)

Sounds comfy

I'd probably only really play the campaign, so maybe I'll wait until a sale.

Or someone finally figures out how to crack this shit

Is it true the story is massively retarded because they wrapped everything up at the end of 3? I remember alot of people saying Judgement was shit because in story department Gears is pretty limited.

It's like the other games but instead of playing as big guys you play as a bunch of little bitch.

I remember niggas trying to meme "They're destroying the city with a giant worm!" back in the Queers 2 days

The presentation of Queers 3 was the best - 4 player co-op and arcade mode being what everyone remembers the most - but as far as the actual campaign, it's fucking garbage. The indestructible immulsion boss thing made me never want to play it again, and my co-op buddy just went back to Queers 2 afterwards.

Well it takes place 25 years later and the big bads which everyone thought were some new threat are really just the locusts re skinned, literally. The swarm are just humans that are put in some pods that pop out as juvies which then evolve into drones but the locusts are still running everything in the background. I read online that the original studio wanted to make the 25 year jump originally and make the fourth game but they handed off the project to microsoft.
I only got it for the multiplayer which a friend and I have been playing since gears 1 came out.

The campaign has no real ties to the story, and uses reskinned locust and wretches instead of coming up with something interesting. It also tries to add new guns, but nearly all of them are a shitty version of a pre-existing gun. If you're a big fan of GoW, i'd suggest waiting for it to go on sale.

On a side note, why does the main protag look like Baird? isn't he supposed to be Marcus's kid?

Seriously, it's like a fucking Disney movie with all these orphans and backpackers.

GoW is the best TPS, you can't argue this.

please explain

Gears 3 is the greatest, I remember the multiplay best. If it were released on PC people would probably still be playing it.

So to unlock characters or weapon skins you got to either A: pay real money for cosmetic items OR B: grind out the horde mode or the multiplayer for in game credits. One pack costs a 1,000 credits while the Elite pack costs 3,500. Just playing multiplayer alone it takes a good while. I already have 26 hours in the multiplayer and have only ever saved up enough dosh for two elites and two regular packs.

The devs have already said they are going to try and re work the system so its easier for people who just play the game, already they have increased the amount of credits you get for playing the horde mode.

Each multiplayer game gets me about 50-90 credits.

No. They planned a new world and new story but said "on second thought players want the gang back" and undid all the character changes of GoW3 to make a set up game.

Thats it. The entire super short, poorly written mess of whedonesque 'quirky' dialogue is to set up another attempt to have a series to keep the dying xbone alive.

Its trash, judgement tier trash.

So its "mictrotransactions, but not really, but microtransactions?" I guess (((they))) figure its the easiest way to squeeze sheckels out of the kind of people who pay while not entirely disenfranchising the people who never do.

Not the other guy but weapon skins and charechters for horde and multiplayer are locked in a grind system where you earn coins by playing and compketing bountys to purchase packs to get said skins/charachters. Personally i prefer three and twos system where you unlock shit by completing certain goals like beat the campaighn or kill x amount of enemies in certain ways but i could tolerate the system if the fact all the skins as they are now are utter garbage IE slightly different paint job of charechter x. Pic related its absoulute cancer

Also relevant

Wasn't it COD that started this shit?

Are you talking about the grandmother's wallpaper boltok, the lancer half dipped in paint, or the living explosion? I can't tell because they all look like shit.

(checked Satan)
Exactly, I haven't payed any real money and I never will. Like another user said most of the skins are garbage. I'm hoping they at least bring back the old characters through free dlc I doubt its gonna be free though

Fucking all of it but the charechter skins are the worse and a hell of a lot worse than the gun skins. Its the most lazy fucking aproach. Look at gears 3. You get all different charachters with maybe some alternative versions of charachters but remain different. What does 4 have? rainbow vomit versions of charechters you see in my above post and zombie versions. Its fucking stupid and cancer

And

This is exactly what microsoft did with Halo 5, it must be their new MO.

This alone combined with the fact I wasn't incredibly sold on it has put me off getting it, thanks for saving me 60 bucks user.

Its desperation. They shot themselves in the foot too hard at the reveal and so many exclusive deals jumped ship. They tried shit like Sunset Overdrive that had a few drones on Holla Forums saying 't-this is going to kill PS4!' followed by repeats of this again and again as exclusive after exclusive bombed in the mainstream and strategy after strategy shit the bed. Right up to that "wewin10famsmhtbh" hastag shit to get mustards to pity them with their presence and they keep hoping for another Halo combat evolved to catch people again but they screwed the pooch. Its the Dreamcast again but in slow motion.

That's not even a skin. Calling it one is like flicking a paint brush at a canvas and calling it art. Although I suppose I shouldn't expect anthing less from Microcock, especially [CURRENT YEAR] Microcock.

How SJW is it?

Not really SJW, but you do get obnoxious teenagers that speak almost completely in sarcasm and random quips.

That faggot doesn't work at Epic anymore.

So borderlands then?

That's too bad. I was kinda hoping they'd go full tilt with that crazy shit and tank the series for good.

Its worse than SJW. Its trying to be mid 90's whedom tier 'quirky'

A game so brown and grim it was advertised with 'mad world' by gary jules is trying to be 90's quirky.

Not exactly Borderlands, but more like a douchebag rich kid that doesn't take things seriously.

He's not black, but I he might have a black son.

Game is decent but I'm waiting for it to be patched.

The devs are jew as fuck but the core game play is decent enough. I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't have someone to play with I'll tell you that much.

Everyone that has played this game and is posting here should be gassed-

This is Marcus's wife. Guess the kid looks more like her.

I'm with you man. Got to level 90 just by playing horde. I figured out a way to boost xp real easy.
So far, its alright.

The dropshot is pretty fun to use. Little op, but still lots of fun to use.

I was thinking more of the DB weapons. The only ones I could say were decent would be the enforcer and the EMBAR if only for the fact that you have more than one shot before reloading. Other than that, the EMBAR and the rest of the DB weapons are pure garbage.

Yeah, i can agree on that, most of the weapons are shit. The smg is an intersting weapon, but its really just a smg. EMBAr is a good battle rifle, but thats only in horde. Shock grenade is retarded
I would be fine if they bring in more organic or over the top weapons, would feel more at home.

m8 you must have used it on console, with mouse you can land headshots all day.

The plot was so insulting with it's mix of pure stupid, fanfiction-tier twists, and fanservice, that I couldn't stand it when I played it.

I know everyone will shit in my mouth for this, but I really loved Gears 1 and 2 and felt there was something cool about the direction the plot was taking in Gears 3 or whatever but instead they let Karen Traviss have it and it just shit the bed.

And 5 games in and this series still can't into decent multiplayer.

Check the achievement list, you'll see how fucking CURRENT YEAR these Coalition faggots are.

Wasn't the MP just a happy mistake from Epic games from their part when it came to the first one?
Kinda like Halo where they played Halo1 splitscreen and with lan to balance the weapons n shit when it came to the SP part of the game.

Because if I remember correctly when gears1 was the thing to get a 360 it was not oh dude you need to get it for the MP. It was only halo 3 or cod4 where the MP meant something, like it was a major point in having the console. And years later the same MPfags made me buy bf we wuz soldiaz n shit.

What a gay earth we are living in. .

there are two ways to play GoW multiplayer: whack a mole and running around the map with a shotgun

From what I seen the game seems to mostly stay with what worked unlike what 343 has done with the Halo franchise. For that I say Coalition is much better than 343.

The only thing I'm wondering is how is the Horde mode? I saw that they made changes from how it worked in Gears 3. Is it the best Horde mode yet?

Can you play Gears of War 4 without being on Windows 10?

The amazon/ebay sales listings all say "Windows 10 codes"

I liked gears of war 2 for its attempt at a story. Exploring the abandoned lab complex with the 'sires' that strongly suggests minors getting rust lung were mutating into the locust brought a whole mans hubris/not respecting nature element to a dudebro meathead shooter.

Then the dudebros complained this was -and i quote- "too cerebris" so it was changed in the sequel to fucking humans becoming exploding zambambos.

I just can't fucking stand it.

the fuck is wrong with that anatomy?

EMBAR is a god damn rail gun, its great if you can hit the headshots. Some maps I prefer it over the long shot. I don't care much for the enforcer since gnasher is objectively better but in the right situation you can very well get high killing sprees. But since you need to play perfectly with the reloads better off using gnasher for lolohk. Enforcer will destroyer dipshits who rush you even if they wall bounce well,

Hammerburst is OP as fuck but they're nerfing it

There's an achievement called "Drumpf" in the middle of pic related. I'm definitely not buying this piece of shit game now. Guess I should buy Xenoverse 2 instead.

Oh, god. Oh 'GOD'.

NEW GIRL IS GRANDDAUGHTER OF QYUEEN MYRAHH LOCUST ARE STILL ALIVE

I've seen a few gameplay videos, and to me it looks exactly like every other Gears of War game… except now it looks like you're fighting CoGs which attack in pretty much the exact same way that locust did.

Being a console shooter, is it significantly easier on the PC since there's no longer an artificial difficulty spike from being gimped by being forced to use a controller?

The god emperor will take care of him when time comes

wich one of the gears games has the best coop on the 360?

in a huge tweest, the locusts come back about a third of the way through the game, and that's all you fight from then on.

You know, something rather bothers me here. We already had a 'they're Locust, but worse' shtick with the Lambent. Now they did it again, except blander, because they're not the Locust, but still the Locust. I have to ask, why? And why do the evolved Locust- the Scions- look more like humanoids than the Swarm, which look far more like the oldschool Locust, just exaggerated? Furthermore, considering Myrrah is dead, the Lambent are dead, and the Swarm has lost all momentum in taking 25 years just to hatch out of their idiotically stored cocoons, why exactly are they restarting the war with humanity instead of fucking off to the shallower parts of the Hollow and the surface places humanity isn't spreading back into to eke out some kind of subsistence? If the waifu queen isn't telling them to kill Sapiens, why are they bothering?

The whole reason the war started was because of the first lambency patients getting super-gulag'd into the complete middle of nowhere, vaguely evolving into the Locust in a fashion that is never explained and starting up a spooky pseudo-neoclassical architecture grub civilization that is also never explained, and then fighting a war of annihilation with the Lambent that forced them to start a war of annihilation with humanity to get breathing room to not get annihilated by the Lambent since Adam Fenix was a fuckup on getting them their cure/weapon in time, and we all know how well that went. With no ideological or military direction, shouldn't the nu-Locust settle the fuck down until humans fire the first shot? Is it some stupid hivemind bullshit with the Scions dimly continuing the war and the drones following in kind because reasons? Or is it just in their genes to wage total war on homo sapiens now?

And why didn't Myrrah consider not killing billions of people on E-Day- beside the fact that Gears' plot is clearly butchered together out of brainfarts and was never planned to turn out quite the way it did, hence the Locust never being sufficiently explained- and instead stage a similarly widespread and disastrous to infrastructure E-Day, without gunning down everyone in sight? Set up an orderly series of occupation zones around new would-be supply lines to the surface and send the smarter grubs as envoys to pacify the situation with local defense forces, and go directly to the highest governments & spam every single radio frequency possible saying, 'Hey, we're the Locust, you fucked up our shit with immulsion, and then we got our shit fucked up even worse by even more immulsion and now there are exploding tentacle zombies. Every living thing is going to die unless you own up and help us wage total war on these things.' Considering Gears is a universe in which the entire world is divided between two superalliances of tinpot parafascists and dirty ratfuck gommies, the odds of this working out so smoothly aren't great, but at least there'll be a better chance of survival through an armistice and desperate teamup once the CoG & UIR realize Myrrah wasn't bullshitting about the Lambent than inevitably getting WMD'd to death after a big initial success and a few grinding stalemates followed by obliteration.

Isn't the pc version locked behind windows 10 or something?

It's a toss up between 2 and 3.

3 had the best gameplay with it's weapon & movement adjustments, increased arsenal & enemy variety, and arcade mode mutators + 4 player co-op, but 2's campaign was objectively better paced and set up. All the massive setpieces of the 2nd game felt natural in the game even if they were utterly ridiculous on the outset. The 3rd game felt like a Bay movie in how tryhard it was with its setpieces and stage boss fights.

Still, the best one for boss fights was the first.

The second's were either stage fights or they were holdouts with QTE's like Skorge, even if he was fun the first time around (though totally nonsensical as fuck).

The third's were straight up retreads of the previous games but turned up to eleven (Lambent Leviathan, Lambet Berzerkers) or were just artificially difficult bullshit (Myrrah and the Tempest, the fucking Submarine Section, etc.)

The fourth game, from what I played, was basically Gears 2 but with Gears 1's short length, trying and failing for its atmosphere, and way worse characters then any of the previous games. Only 3 had worse writing.

I'm , so I apologize for the double post but I do wanna talk about that.

Basically, from what I can gather, the whole 'the Locust used to be humans' thing was a plot-thread that they had going since the first game but the only evidence of it they released to people was in their concept art, which is how we know.

Thing is, the guy who wrote Gears 1 and 2 got pushed aside for fucking Karen Traviss and only came back to write the Raam's Shadow DLC for the 3rd game, AFAIK, which was actually the best thing that came out of that game, IMO.

For a long time after Gears 2, there were various fandom theories that the Kantus and other non-drone-derived Locust had been in the Hollow forever and what Myrrah really did was bring higher technology and skilled labor to them following her internment in Mt. Kadar. When you think about it like that, it makes a lot more sense that she would be some kind of glorious queen-mother figure - she basically lead them through an industrial revolution and united the various subspecies of Hollow-borne fauna into a single nation (The Kantus, Drones, Boomers, Wretches etc. - all totally different biomorphs under the same rule in the Locust Empire).

Consider it

EPIC Games has always been a kinda disjointed studio and even in their earlier titles, much like with a lot of pre-modern and modern vidya, it always seemed like their various art/writing departments would put more thought and work into the game then the actual directors or marketing did. Cliffy B was a douchecanoe of the highest order and his ilk at the top of EPIC seemed to always be really style over substance but when you watch the developer commentary for people like the artists, the character design molders specifically, you could see how much passion & care went into what they did.

What I think happened was the guys up top let someone like Traviss take over for the sake of her name and she basically shit up the continuity with her books in the EU and then changed the direction of the game and it created this attitude where people just ignored any previous continuity. Gears 4 was written by the same dudes that wrote Judgement and Judgement was basically EPIC trying to pull a Halo: Reach but even more half-assed.

What makes more sense to you? A writer changeover that fucked with the theme, atmosphere, and tone of the mythology to the point that previous plans were lost, OR that the writers were all like "yo, people will buy that a few hundred mutant humans bred into billions of monsters over the course of 75 years and managed to literally carve an empire out of a stupidly massive underground cave network with handtools and tamed spider-kaiju…"

I could see it if they didn't think anything through and were flying by the seat of their pants the whole time, but the events of the third game grind my gears because of their execution rather than their content. Adam Fenix having a bunch of secret bullshit and the Lambet were foreshadowed since the first game. Maybe they weren't foreshadowed enough, maybe Traviss is a dumb cunt, maybe both. Either way, Gears 4 doesn't fit the tone of the previous games at all and playing any of the kids is incredibly jarring to me because they fight and quip as well as their parents' generation despite having been born to an entire lifetime of peace.

Yeah, yeah, JD 'is' Marcus's son, but that shouldn't mean he's just gonna be totally cool with stabbing monsters to death like 5 times an hour for 18 hours straight, and Cait's proficiency in combat is totally inexplicable. At least Del and JD were trained by the COG.

That's even worse. If they were winging it, I'd say, sure, whatever. But if there actually was a coherent unseen plotline just waiting to be properly revealed, that never got quite enough foreshadowing and in fact got gutted right at the climax, that's just a tremendous shame.

As for the kids, maybe being grizzled Meat Bulkhead space marines is just in their DNA at this point. Epigenetics and all that.

Well one of them's parents were unnamed, one of them was the son of two main characters, and the last one is just some rando from an anarcho-commune with no formal combat training.

can you post it? cant find it

bump

This is how I know you never played this game faggot

Is this Windows 10 and Xbone only?

I think it was in Gears of War: Destroyed Beauty, the art book they released after the first game.
I'm trying to find a pdf of it.

AFAIK, yes, unfortunately.

horde is pretty good, i was worried about the class system but it actually works really well. In fact they can take it up a notch and give more of a rpg system for horde mode only. The only bad thing is that waves arent randomized likes gears 3. So its the same shit every 10 waves. you know what to expect every wave.

kait got training from her annoying ass uncle Oscar, whom is an ex-COG soldier.

Who's a jerkoff drunk and basically acts like George Lopez trying to play a role for Danny Trejo.

He's a comic relief character. They have us dragged through this short-ass campaign, trailing two green kids that have never seen combat with enemies other than robots with stunguns & some really hot chick that got training from the game's comic relief who survived to do a comedic stinger until you realize that he's the brother of the Swarm's queen, so we could potentially see Drunk Mexican Raam (tm) because the writer's are SHIT

What's with third and onward sequels being garbage 90% of the time?

Git gud faggit

the first two games are stupid fun but there is nothing good about the series

Semi-related, but whoever thought Games for Windows Live was a good idea needs to fucking hang.

I JUST WANTED TO PLAY VIDEOGAMES YOU SLIMY FUCKS