Nintendo Switch False Advertising

2K (We literally saw 2K17 in the trailer)

>not confirming any specific titles at this time

Bethesda (We literally saw Shitrim in the trailer)

h ttp://www.please use archive.ism/articles/2016/10/20/developers-respond-to-nintendo-switch
archive.is/TByu1

This faggot explains it well enough.

inb4 Nintendo Internet Defense Force

There's already a thread, retard

is about the gameplay trailers being added in post.
is about smash 5.

This thread is about games how advertised might not even be on the console.

You're retarded, enjoy your thread being locked

The games are not formally announced. Hell, even Nintendo's games were not formally announced. No game at all was formally announced, but they needed to show the thing playing games because they needed to show its gimmicks in action.

Then ask Mark for a Nintendo Switch cyclical thread.

Can you fit more cancer into one thread?

It's a tablet m8

Nintendo lying about 3rd party support?

Come on OP that isn't new, GameCube did it.

Nintendo fags don't care. They are perfectly willing to pay 300 dollars for Pokémon. I don't even know why Nintendo bothers.

As far as I'm concerned all nu-gen consoles are shitty phones.

Is this some black-PR shilling?

He means he doesn't understand why they bother lying about third party support. Because their fans are fine with eating up the actually available trash.

2K and Bethesda are as much at fault as Nintendo on this. You can't use someone else's IPs on a major trailer like that without proper permission, and since there's no news on Nintendo being sued for improper use of 2k/Beth's IPs, you know what this means.

Thank you, yes that's what I mean.

Nintendo fans DO NOT BUY non Nintendo games. It is known. Well I guess Monsterhunter is an exception.

Just put the usual Mario Zelda Pokemon stuff on it.

Why do they have the same generic pr answer.

Cucktendo, for the nu-male players.

nintendo sucks at creating a hype train

they literally don't have any Switch game prepared to even show them off for real

what a shitshow

Then faggots would complain about Nintendo bias because thinking that Nintendo releasing a new console is big news in a video game image board is Nintendo bias.

None of the games that appeared in the trailer exists.
Remember that Nintendo always makes demos about the power of their console (and we all agree that the thing we saw in the trailer is not the commercially available Nintendo Switch, nor those games were actually working on it). There were Zelda demos for the Gamecube and the WiiU, none of these games were ever made.

JESUS CHRIIIIIIIST MAKE IT STOP
DRINK APPLE JUICE
DRINK APPLE JUICE
DRINK APPLE JUICE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

STOP
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
STOP

ITT: People who don't understand marketing speak.

Cuckchanners need to go back. If the want console wars there's plenty on cuck/v/

Depending on how close the architecture of the Switch is to PC getting those games to run on the console could have been low effort ventures. Publishing those games would run up the bulk of the cost and they'll probably rely on Nintendo to cover them.

Nintendo deserves all the criticism for showing off no third party exclusives and instead playing Skyrim of all things.

Apparently, now Nintendo is also saying don't expect the graphics to be as good as in the trailer.

It's ARM, so not at all close

It's confirmed to be Tegra. They ditched ARM. I don't know shit about Tegra though.

Last I checked, Tegra is a SoC with an ARM processor and Nvidia GPU.

Love how the second picture already looks dated as fuck.

Cant wait to see this next year but with a big ass tablet lol

you guys didn't really think they showed ingame graphics, right?
I mean a tablet running Skyrim in a high quality like that? they aren't magicians.
Even tough they did magic with Resident Evil on the 3DS but that isn't always the case

But user, the Tegra line consists exclusively of ARM SoCs.
Nvidia has in fact been ridiculed about the fact that they've decided to pay ARM license fees SKU after SKU for a virtually non-existing market.

That dude's comics are kinda ruined for me after I learned he's legit nuts.

am i shit for liking the tegra platform?

This is what you are user.

oh god i didn't mean it in that way

Would a tegra even fit in a phone?

Didn't many 3rd party developers also say they were supporting the WiiU? Remember when Ubisoft was all over it? Then there was that Rayman Legends debacle and the 3rd party developers steered clear of it.

I remember this every time I walk by the used copies of "Arkham City: Armored Edition" and "Mass Effect 3" for Wii U in a game store.
They supported it, for about five minutes.

Yes, the Tegra line is used in phones and tablets. Though, Nvidia has had a hard time getting into the phone market.

The limiting factor for mobile processors isn't size, (even desktop processors are small enough if you take away all the packaging), its power consumption and heat generation.

Every time a company announces a new system, they have an infographic with the logo of a thousand developers and say "Look at how many devs we've got working on games for our new system already!" It's not just Nintendo that does it, either. Sony did it with the Vita, and less than half of the devs they showed ever released a game on it. The situation is even worse in Nintendo's case because of their chronic inability to play well with third party developers. In the end, the only time third parties want anything to do with Nintendo is when Nintendo is fully financing the project (Bayo 2) or outright buys the dev to be a second party studio (Monolithsoft)

The only thing that matters is install base. Wii-U sold slightly more (13m) than Xbone despite being 2 years longer on the market.
The console itself tanked because it's the only region-locked 8th gen.

yes sire

Wii U is currently at ~13M globally and the XBone is at ~22M globally.

Look at these dumb fucking faggots thinking "not confirmed" means "not happening". Why would 2K and Bethesda canabalise sales of games being released this month by telling people that a shiny new version is being released a couple of months afterward? They wouldn't, because they want that sweet double dipping for bonus shekels. Not even Nintendo's own games are officially confirmed aside from BotW. You know why? Because this way Nintendo can milk further announcements and save it all up for a big Nintendo Direct once the holiday season is over. You don't fight fucking holiday marketing user, it's common sense 101. Nintendo dropped this trailer announcement because people were losing their fucking minds but most importantly their quarterly financials were coming up and they needed to show progress to their investors.

Try contacting the FTC. They usually don't do shit, but try it anyway.

Bethesda wouldn't care as the Switch version would be the weakest, and everyone already has a copy of Skyrim.

2K wouldn't care as they release the same sports games every year, that perform the same on every system.

Even if you knew both games were being released on the Switch there's no reason to wait for either.

"Not corfirmed" basically means they are going to wait and see how many units the Switch pushes before they port the game over.

It'd better have a quality exclusive line up because it's yet another underpowered Nintendo console.

Off to a good start.
BOTW is decent but I already own a WiiU, not good enough to justify getting a switch on its own.
Mario is debatable after Galaxy, if they bring it back to the mario 64 level design like it was hinted at in the video I'd be tempted, but considering Todd Howard & Sean Murray appear to have co-directed the video, I'd like to wait for gameplay videos, but even so two games isn't enough to sell a console.
It needs another 1 or 2 high impact release games to draw attention, otherwise there's no reason to think about buying a switch.

Jew tactics. Don't want to cannibalize the sales of their upcoming re-release of RPG trash.

Also.

DESIGNATED

GAMING

TABLET

YFW NOT A NINTENCUCK

They're probably not confirming it not because it wont be on the console but because Nintendo wants NS games announced in 2017.

STOP SHITTING ON NINTENDO YOU CONSOLEWAR FAGGOTS, NINTENDO LOVES GAMERS AND ALL THEIR CONSOLES SHOW IT!

It's the fucking Ouya all over again

It's not about what Holla Forums believes. We're all intelligent, knowledgeable and sceptical.

We know you can't climb that mountain. They're not shilling it for our benefit. Nintendo is targeting casuals with their bait and Switch advertising.

Yeah phones have to throttle themselves because there's no way to cool down. Play a graphically intensive game and you'll notice how hot a phone/tablet can get.

Oh yes gamers love outdated hardware with waggle gimmicks instead of a proper gaming platform that third parties support.

Fuck off.

I'm old enough to remember this.

You have to be 18+ years old to post here

He's not wrong. Nintendo has fallen yet the drones defend the shit out of it. Where have we heard this story before? :^)

The fact that both 2k and bethesda's statements are near identical tells me Nintendo told them to give that kind of statement. Nintendo won't even talk about any of the games they showed either and just says to wait for the direct. The bait and switch argument here seems like a worst case scenario. Which I don't think Nintendo would do, because in the end if everyone finds out they're lying than any momentum they're gaining with this system will drop completely.

On the other hand I have to wonder what they hope to gain by keeping people in suspense on like this. 2+ more months of nothing but silence and "we can't confirm anything" is going to be grating.

This was well known for a while, almost as soon as the trailer was out Bethesda released a press release.

A few days ago nintendo followed up on it, admitting that all the gameplay was mock, they were mostly trying to display a proof of concept to consumers. It's still shitty but they at least aren't trying to hide it.

Part of that heat is from the battery discharge, but yeah. A processor can generate more heat per square inch than a rocket engine. May not get that hot on mobile devices though.

They cool down by transferring the heat through the phone to the atmosphere. It's just no where near as efficient as a heatsink/fan.

Nintendo Marketing

After the Trailer

Sceptical is English (UK), which is what language my spelling check is on. It's also sceptisch in Dutch incidentally.

You mean where Ubishit pulled the rug out from under Nintendo on exclusivity? Why are you writing this like it's Nintendo's fault they were fucked over?

A lot of the third party stuff that happened with the Wii-U was odd. Most of the games it got had missing features the PS3/360 had, or they price the game much higher than the other versions. You had devs openly mocking them on twitter, or saying that it was weaker than the 360.

And While Ubisoft did give it an honest try at the beginning, you can't blame the Rayman thing on Nintendo. There was literally no games coming out at the time and it would have sold well. But they push it back to make a simultaneous release for their "PS3/360 fanbases" right as a Grand Theft Auto was coming out. Then they turn around do the exact opposite with Watch Dogs. Even though nobody cares about that game now. I knew the Wii U wasn't going to get continued support once the PS4/Xbone came out, but I didn't think people would essentially set their own games up to fail.

It's really stuff like this that makes me more weary of their support of the Switch, than that trailer.

You didn't seriously just link that fat faggot here did you?

Whats wrong with him?

He scammed a guy named Big Cheese out of $200. webm unrelated.

The difference is those Zelda demos were shown years before their respective systems were released, the Switch is out in 5 months, I'm fairly sure that anything shown in the trailer could very well be released.

You know this doesn't mean they've confirmed that they AREN'T going to make it for the switch, right?
Are you that assmad faggot that endlessly spammed the thread with his butthurt? Fuck off, retard.

haha

Yeah and Valve hasn't confirmed that they're making Half-life 3 Switch exclusive.
You can predict the future by looking at past events. Nintendo and 3rd party is a wash.

Also WHY are people excited about Skyrim?! I feel so out of touch sometimes.

HOLY FUCK THIS IS BREAKING NEWS STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES THIS HAS LITERALLY NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

That goes both ways, you dumbfuck. They haven't confirmed they won't be making games for it, but neither have they confirmed that they will. The point is that nintendo advertised a bunch of games that don't even run on the Switch, and maybe never will.

What the fuck is happening in your pic

Nobody is

The skyrim train is over, showing it off is pointless. There might have been a point if it was FO4, but nobody actually cares if skyrim ends up on the switch or not.

Heroine overdose, those are the parents, blur is the little kid.

Don't do drugs.

What about the hands from outside? Kinda looks like they're fondling the woman.

S-SHUT UP. NINTENDO ARE ALLOWED TO LIE YOU CASUAL

Take them to the cleaners.

I wonder if Holla Forums will feel silly when these games are confirmed in 2017

You and I both know that's not going to happen.

Cop checking her pulse you idiot.

What a piece of shit, Nintendo did it again

OP.. are you retarded?

Not really interested in the Switch or Skyrim. Ambivalence, apathy. Like every Nintendo console.

step your game up ninfriendo

more pics of marie le chin pls

Bethesda sucks, never really saw any appeal to their games. But neither developer, or any developer for that matter is going to make me want to buy a Nintendo Switch. I need to be convinced I'm not wasting my money on another failed Nintendo console.

At least this one you can trust Atlus, Platinum, and Marvelous since they had multiple games on the wii u and 3ds. But do people forget that EA dropped support not because of sales but because Nintendo wouldn't let them put Origin on the wii u?

it's amusing to see such images as it's the ultimate fate of any game that attempts to have a realistic art style instead of it's own custom style. it's why Wind Waker looks perfectly fine nowadays because it was built around a specific style, but OoT doesn't.

It's almost like Holla Forums is buzzing about the newest thing because it's something new to talk/complain about, or something.

Wind Waker never looked good, that's the secret. It looks just as shitty now as it did back then, and that will never change. Make a game with the same art style today and it will also look like shit. It's nothing to be proud of. Plenty of people did and will continue to hate that shit.

Oh look, another unfunny beaner child trying to meme about.

All you're doing is showing the rest of us that it was a mistake to let any of you non-whites come here after you shitskins destroyed 4chan to begin with.

Absolutely disgusting.

I just think it'd be hilarious if they weren't.s

Fuck off

Just when I thought you faggots couldn't get any stupider.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

Fuck off faggot, only one from reddit is you, with your shit taste in anime and your even shittier attempts at trying to shitpost after your previous post was removed.

I mean why else would you try to reply to me in the first place? Go back to sucking yoru dad's dick and tell him all about how I got you so upset you filled your diaper a bit too early for din-dins.

?

W E W
E
W

That'd what I was thinking. It's almost exactly the same.

[citation needed]

Anime is for redditors tbh fam.

I just came for the salt

I second that, I dont remember any cases