I hate how all the contrarians on this web site are asking for an industry crash in 2016...

I hate how all the contrarians on this web site are asking for an industry crash in 2016. We are clearly entering a new golden age right now.

do you guys remember?

No I won't buy your game. Now checkem.

Only retards think a crash is possible at this time, the market is still growing with the mobile sector.
Look for good games, play good games, there will always be good games.

If this shit gets a pass then why wouldn't my game? I've spent a lifetime on Game Maker creating it, it certainly fills me with confidence about my product.

You need popular support so it can be voted on, make a youtube channel with dev blogs and maintain a forum. Then start shilling it openly (ie. make it clear you are the dev) and if it's good you will gain support.

Because it simply pails in comparison to masterpieces like Slingshot People.

Wow never seen this topic before.

Posting awards in the trailer or even the fucking image is always a giant red flag.
Who the fuck makes all these awards even
they are probably fake

They are real, the world is full of pretentious hipsters so nearly every country has a couple of events specifically to award hipster crap.

Aren't crashes when things get worse? Why not wish for, oh i don't know, a resurgence?

Idiots think a crash will kill the big developers instead of how it would actually kill small developers and only the biggest survive.
these are the same people that think the PS is big enough to actually determine the fate of Sony

Great thinking OP.

If anything, steam is the dark age

nice digits

We're entering a "Golden" Era, in the same sense as a "Golden" shower, maybe.

okay now this is just shopped

Sony's gaming division is the only thing that makes them money anymore the PlayStation could very well kill them off if it bombs.

Their next movie will have a much bigger effect than the PS and even that is nothing compared to retaining their CCD and CMOS contracts.

The idea is to purge the casuals and "geek gamer" hipsters, so that the only people left buying games are the people that actually give a shit about quality games. As those will be the only games to sell, even large developers will start producing more quality.

This concept is predicated on two primary falsehoods however.

1. That the people who claim to want better games actually have decent taste in games themselves. They don't. They're just as shit as the casuals.

2. That people who care about games to the point that they'll autistically argue about them on the internet all day, wishing for a crash, actually have any purchasing power - or actually buy games. They don't. Most of them are broke-ass NEETs who either pirate, buy used, or just play old games to nostalgia-masturbate since they can't afford new shit… all the while telling convincing themselves that there's noting worth playing these days anyhow.

They have been funding nothing but flop movies lately at best they might make back some of the money that ghostbusters lost them.

I've stopped trying to think a crash will happen. Some people said it would happen for years yet nothing really happens. It makes me a bit happier to just play games instead.

That is a movie user.

Aside from Valve flat out telling you it's a movie in the screenshot, it is getting increasingly harder to tell the difference at a glance these days.

not even, it's a "short film."

Given five minutes and a cell phone, you could unzip your pants and film your own short film in solidarity with harambe.

Is this the new Bad Rats?

But it's there, nevertheless.
And it won "awards".
And those niggas earned money for doing fuckall.

see

>>>/reddit/

If I list any faggots like you find one you don't like and focus on that ignoring the rest. I have learnt this over the course of years posting games I like (it's gotten worse over the last 5 year).

Awards don't mean shit anymore every indie jackoff has like twenty awards they give them to fucking everyone.

Well, we can confirm it made at least $10 canada dollars, at least, which is not quite enough to get on SA.

Ffs user can you please
STOP
bullying Shou?

How easy is it to shit out these games and make money? I would do it if it brings in some extra sheqels.

If you live in a cucked country, you need to be legally recognized as a woman.

Make a twitter and patreon, publish some shit 2deep4u game about some bullshit idea like muh wage gap, play the victim card and rake in the patreonbux

That's because you are not even trying. If you really want to make games, then start making one and stick with it until it's done. Doesn't matter if the result is shit, you can worry about quality once you are used to delivering finished products.

fucking preordered