Subtle details in games

I always love it when devs put shit into their games that implies so much about it.

One of my favorite instances of this is in the original Spyro trilogy. Specifically the first two games.

In the first game, this character named "Gnasty Gnorc" turns all of the dragons to crystal and you need to stop him. You fight mostly Gnorcs and the local wildlife when exploring the Dragon Kingdom and eventually fight and defeat Gnasty Gnorc at the end of the game.

In Spyro 2, Spyro wants to go to a place called Dragon Shores at the start of the game and is sent to Avalar instead. At the very end of the game he finally gets to Dragon Shores. And the characters that run the park are all Gnorcs.

When I replayed the game a few years ago I seriously thought, and still do, that the Gnorcs are actually a slave race to the Dragons. Gnasty Gnorc is actually attempting to liberate his people from within his place of captivity. And that Gnasty's World is more akin to a containment world where they live. Like the Compton of the Dragon Kingdom. This comparison is somewhat apt since the Gnorcs in the game are portrayed as using firearms and their world is essentially a giant trash heap. Also several gnorcs are portrayed as thieves.

The most amusing thing about it is that Spyro doesn't ever question it. It's just natural to him that there are Gnorcs running an amusement park for him instead of dragons. And that he essentially put down a slave uprising.

Just a theory though!

Huh.. there may be something here…

Bump for Spyro thread anyway

Weren't the Gnorcs summoned via the treasure, though? I don't think they're actually beings.

nice game theory faggot

I thought that the gnorcs Spyro fought were animated from gems. Though I suppose there might be some natural ones in existence that don't have a particular beef with the dragons (such as the Dragon Shores ones), while the ones in Spyro 1 do their master's will.

The gnorcs in dragon shores have a really refined articulate way of speaking, like the service niggers of the old south

Gnorcs sound like jews tbh
I mean with them being attracted to treasure and running evil schemes behind the scene

That's a quote from the opening sequence of the game. It sounds like he created them in his image, rather than being a pre-existing thing.

Actually, the entire game is about the Korean War. Nor Ks and all that.

If you look closely in Super Mario 64 you'll notice Mario's hat has an 'M' on it.

A GAY THEORY

at least this one seems to hold more weight than lol sans is actualy ness

I've got a theory, you are actually a faggot

Reminder that Stewart Copeland is a genius

stay mad lol

Absolutely delicious attention to detail.

fuck your shit. this is autistic level of detail

I love this one, especially with how simple it would be to implement.

Timesplitters also did this

So should we just call him Gnasty Gnigger now?

Valve were so good once. Why did they have to start hiring the B employees?

because there no talent in this world.

picture related

In the 2nd hub of the first Spyro, the soldiers run from you into their tent and moon you when you remove the tent.
The guys manning the cannons also shoot their friends and critters.

what's the context and what game?

WE WUZ GNORCS

On Ys II and Ys: Memories of Celceta NPCs react different if you disguise yourself as a monster, plus you can talk to monsters.

Its Medal of Honor, pretty sure.

That's pretty cool.

Splinter cell also did this with an aquarium, you could also go "out of bounds" in the tutorial area and meet the one supervising and giving you instruction. If you knock her unconscious they lose their shit

Xenoblade, Morrowind, and doesn't exist but should

And it was actually used in the TS2 Chicago mission. Shoot near the bottom of 5 alcohol barrels to drain them completely as a mission objective (secondary/optional objective on Normal difficulty, which then become part of the primary objectives on Expert difficulty).

It's been a while since I last played it In a nearby bar on the same TS2 level, you could shoot at balls on a pool table (into the holes) and make the cash register open up.

CHANCE TIME

Let's see what Holla Forums REALLY knows about Gaming!

The Donkey Kong we know as DK is in fact Donkey Kong Junior from the original games and Cranky Kong is in fact the original Donkey Kong!

Yoshi are actually based on the comic Moonboy and Devil Dinosaur and Moonboy is now a FUCKING NIGGER

Spyro's redesign was an attempt to create a more skylanderish appearance and look cooler. It wasn't for the sake of Spyro rather because the Skylanders as a whole became the new flag ship.

Wario is from a mirror universe in which WaPeach, WaBowser and reverse versions of people live - this is where Mario was trapped in Luigi's mansion. Waluigi is not from this universe he just fucking hates Luigi and owns a stadium.

Chroma Squad has hidden data that enables the creators to see what names you have selected for the characters as well as which characters you use? Some have even had the game taken away from them (rightfully so) for using some…not so pleasant words for their characters and avoiding certain PoCs

Princess Daisy has three eyes and is not actually related to Peach

That's actually sick as fuck

And now we wait for the user who complains that programming tiny details like that are a waste of time.

Eh, am I supposed to pick out the fake ones or something?
I know the DK one is true, and Princess Daisy had a third eye on her trophy in smash behind her hair. The fact that she's not related to Peach should really go without saying.

what game? Half-life?

I thought Cranky, the original Donkey Kong, was DK's grandfather. This makes DK Donkey Kong III, and Donkey Kong Jr must be his dad or uncle.

I BELIEVE IT!

Wait what?

dragons are jews anyways

we have an entire (recurring) thread dedicated to how voice acting is a waste of budget

The tutorial has you going through a training course, you can leave the course and find a locked door leading to an observation room. There you find an NPC before she is introduced.

Nice

My favorite detail is that if you look closely at your favorite video game, you'll notice it's shit.

Is there some other in-joke context for the presence of goats in the series? I always assumed it was Neversoft's way of shitting on the =BGOAT= autists.

When you sequence break in the Japanese release of Paper Mario, most of the NPCs have in-character responses that tell you you're not supposed to be there.

But they are a waste of time though.
Put effort into the game first.

I saw his new fnaf video and it's literally 15 minutes of him shitting on the developer and telling him he could make the game better, and the dev fucked up but he'll fix it. I don't even know how that jew managed to get 7 million subscribers.

Don't forget his retarded beef with the fnaf dev is all because he wrote a bucketload of fucking fanfic gaym theory shit about it in the comments and then got told by the guy later on (scott wrote a fucking book just to tell him off, it seems)

So now it's pretty much just a manchild trying to prove he was totally not wrong and looking like a moron in the process, I really don't know why anyone enjoys his content

IIRC the only reason his channel got big aswell is because he did theories on the first few fnaf games. Most of which he probably stole from others on forums like he does with most of his other shit. The fact he would even shit on the reason for his success really makes me think you're right and he's a salty little shit who's pissed he was wrong.

Reminder that Paper Mario won't have this sort of personality again.

That is absolutely fucking amazing.

not technically the same thing as your third point, but in Spec Ops: The Line Walker starts off with proper trigger discipline and smooth reloading animations, and as shit goes to hell he keeps his finger on the trigger constantly and fumbles his reloads, bashing the gun in anger and shit

He's pretty much the original vaati, as far as I'm aware. Guy goes to leddit and other forums, compiles retarded theories, explains them in his way and acts as if they were word of god after that. I fucking hate both of them so fucking much