Sen. Elect Doug Jones Mystifies The Nation, Makes Unimaginable Statement On Trump Sex Allegations

archive.is/qsi7t

I'm a little bit lost. What's the strategy here?

captcha: xmlFda

Shadow win?
This dude could be a mole? Or maybe he is actually a sensible guy?

Forcing him to play ball with the PR on Trump most likely

Asskissing obliviously.
Jones only won by a bit over 13000 votes and probably realizes he could lose pretty easily in 2 years and might be looking for Trump's approval since the state leans towards Trump pretty hard.

Someone post the webm or embed.

Shitlibs are so insane this statement strikes them as shocking? I thought they weren't stupid enough to believe their own propaganda.

Using the national spotlight on their most recent golden boy to publicly walk back their "being a sex pest makes someone literally worse than Hitler" rhetoric that's recently backfired so spectacularly. There's a lot more potentially going on beneath the surface, but the main thrust is the sex pest stuff.

It's like a new gift every day

Triggering incoming

Trying to walk back tensions with Trump Republicans in a "sorry, but not sorry" way so that Trump's people might take the heat off of Liberals without getting anything in exchange.

It's guaranteed. 700,000 Republican voters stayed home because Moore was perceived as toxic. Toss in some nigger vote fraud for good measure. The whole bullshit Al is turned blue is just some bullshit lefty talking point to get donations rolling in to a nearl bankrupt democrat party.
Pottery

Top Wew, people had theories of Doug being Trump's guy.

Trying too hard to appeal to shitlibs & RW. He will ALWAYS vote left on major issues while tossing a few votes for R's on irrelevant bills. Molesting charges only work once and they blew it on a 2yr assignment in Alabama.

He knows that real investigation into the allegations against Trump will show on a national level the allegations are lies. That will also show on a national scale that the allegations against Moore were all lies. That will show he was elected on a lie.

Being elected on a lie is not a good position for a freshman senator to be in, and he could find himself censured, resigned, or tossed faster that you can say "ethics committee".

Nice narrative you got there. Would be a shame if Roy and his team smashed it to pieces next week.

He wants to look moderate in hopes he won't get BTFO in 2 years when the Rs run a better candidate. Nothing moore, nothing less.

Well, it depends. To be honest, as an Alabama user myself, I fully expected FAR more bullshit leftist nonsense out of Jones. Screeching about feminism, ranting about ebul nahtzees, and so forth. But didn't really get any of that. He mostly just kept his mouth shut.

Now, that could be because he knew the "sexual misconduct" scheme was going to work, and so he didn't need to actually put in a real effort to beat Moore (he needed to keep quiet and not scare away voters that were turned off by Moore in the first place, by showing them his own policy and stances/views and send them running back to the republican side just to not have Jones in)… or it could be that he simply isn't as insane leftist as the average democrat is these days.

Everyone likes to claim that democrats from the south tend to be more center and even right leaning in certain ways, but frankly thats not true. He is very much on the left when it comes to things like abortion, gay marriage, welfare, "diversity," and so on. He is a leftist, of that there is no doubt.

HOWEVER, if he can keep that in check enough and play things slowly, and not run off the rails like the rest of the democrat party has, he may be able to keep that seat for awhile, depending entirely on how he votes in the senate, who he allies with, and thus what ammo the right has against him during elections. If he plays more middle of the road, doesnt fall in with the crazies on either side, can show he is voting back and forth on things thatll benefit alabama citizens in various ways regardless of who puts the legislation forward, then it would take a really good candidate on the right to get that seat away from him. Reason being that weirdly enough Alabama voters pay attention to their senators very closely. Shelby and Sessions kept their seats for so damn long not because they were republicans in a red state, but because they advanced the interests of our states citizens first and foremost. They won overwhelmingly every time because they were doing what the people of the state wanted and they were pleased with them as senators.

If Jones can manage to keep that middle ground, he is likely to keep that seat next election, because he'll be judged not on R or D but on what he does in that seat. So yeah, you may actually see that seat stay blue for awhile, or at least "democrat in name only" while he plays the middle.

Now, if he goes ham voting for huge increases of funding to things like PP, or starts ranting about gay marriage and transphobia and muh mudslimes.. then oh yeah, hes out the door ASAP. But, somehow I don't think he'll do that. And so I think he'll hang on to that seat for awhile. At least through 2026, again assuming he knows how to play his cards, and judging by this interview, he may know what hes doing.

Doesnt mean I like it… but thats how Alabama will go I suspect. Of course, again, if he goes full leftist or starts easily falling in with the typical goon squad in washington? Then yeah, hes out. People here specifically loved Sessions because he DIDNT care what either side said, he said what the people of Alabama felt. And they like Shelby because he is more or less consistently on the conservative end, and he does a lot to help fund/promote projects in the state (fuckers got his name on EVERYTHING here because he spends so much time promoting things here and drumming up money for works here)

he's just trying to damage control and attempting to soothe conservatives looking at voting fraud from the thousands of niggers from surrounding nigger states that crossed the border to vote.

It's exactly what happened; Voter suppression via a smear campaign and nigger voter fraud.

Checked
Dubs of truth
Fucking niggers

I'd like a nice Ferrari, a big mansion and the winning lottery ticket, doesn't mean it's gonna happen

See

Plus, this is Alabama. Deep South.

Quality post.

He is also up for reelection in just 2 years in a heavy Trump area. He may end up voting trump's way on a few key bills in exchange for endorsement in 2 years.