ITT: Post Games with colorful graphics and fun gameplay

I'll start:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!v5ZyGBSJ!3xeglA6BEfOuUWJjRP9InVBDu6T-1rXu4A3oTcVHs2Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the 3DS remake of pic related (outrun,obv) is great.real Widescreen support, 3D, 60 FPS, what more could you want? M2 is one awesome company. they went out of their way to make it as great as they could. if you have a 3DS, i recommend you to purchase it, just so they can continue making awesome remakes.

Transformers: Devastation

Not trying to be a dick but what enjoyment do you get out of outrun?

Well, enjoying the speed, the music,the diverse environments you drive through, dodging the cars, trying to beat the time limit… it's just fun to me. It can't be compared to it's successors, obviously, but it's still perfectly fine if you're on the train and you have a bit of time to kill.

very colorful

But even shittiest psx racing game is better in every way. There's nothing to the game.

Isn't the next collection confirmed for being the last? I was really hoping that they'd eventually try to do model 1 and model 2 sega games.

SEGA were really good at the fun and colourful stuff.

1 is better, but only by an incredibly slight margin, and both are easily the best games on the Wii.

what's the best way to play Sega Rally Championships, besides the sit down cabinet in my local arcade? i would like to improve in it, but i don't want to waste a ridiculous amount of money.

many people would disagree with you on that oppinion, but i actually enjoyed it very much as well.

They got PC ports. The second game I know has force feedback support. I don't know about the first one, but I think it does. You can buy a wheel with force feedback, download the game for PC and practice at home. Then go to the arcade and set the highest times.
Here's the 2nd game for those that want it:
mega.nz/#!v5ZyGBSJ!3xeglA6BEfOuUWJjRP9InVBDu6T-1rXu4A3oTcVHs2Y

thanks!

No mention of Bubble Bobble or Bust a Move? Or Taito games in general?

Astro Pop

Really fun game. a shame it was never ported to consoles.

OP, I strongly recommend you to play this, sage because I already posted once

Any OutRun experts mind telling me if I'm playing the game wrong?
When I pick up the game (arcade version) I can never get to the checkpoint in time before the timer runs out, even though I do perfect turns and no crashes. The timer always runs out in the first intersection.

Nobody's posted best Genesis game yet.

wrong. the Ps1 had mostly 3D games, which were very limited back then, so the sense of speed would've been very hard to imitate using polygons. Yes, there's not that much to it, but it's still fun. it doesn't have to be perfect.

wrong.

the time limit can be changed on the motherboard. maybe the arcade owner was greedy and wanted as many quarters as possible, so he made the time limit impossible to beat.

Can I emulate that shit yet? I'm fucking murdered that we never got a port.

what's wrong with posting more than once? also, astro pop seems like a lame puzzle game. am i wrong?

Yes you can emulate it.

Ristar made an amazing use of the Sega Genesis color palette, it was almost Knuckles Chaotix tier

emulated on supermodel, werks perfectly.

That's not Crusader of Centy

Outrun's sense of speed is terrible because it's just cardboard cutouts whizzing by ad infinitum. It's not even gameplay really.

Well fuck me, there is hope. Now I know how I'm spending the rest of my day.

well, whatever. if you don't like it, that's fine, you're entitled to your own oppinion,and i'm not gonna try to change it.

You just play it because you think it makes you cool and interesting.

I really love Snatcher, but I don't think I'd call it's "gameplay" "good". Great graphics though, you're not wrong there, also a fucking amazing soundtrack and more importantly a really great plot.

yes, anonymous stranger. you knew that because you read my mind…. using the matrix

isn't that the game were you have the option to grope every female you come across? or am i mistaken?

It's a visual novel, but hot damn if it's not one I'd recommend everyone read.

No matrix required. It's just obvious. See this behavior every day.

I like the outrun series too, it's one of my favorite long running arcade series.

That's Snatcher's spiritual successor Policenauts. There is a fan translation patch, I highly suggest playing it.

Agreed. Possibly the best VN ever.

Yep, though of course this is early so he's still honing his craft, none the less it feels very Kojima. I highly suggest it and Policenauts if you're a big fan of his work. And don't be thrown by Snatcher seeming to be just a Blade Runner clone, it takes some amazing twists by the end.

This game was my shit.
I didn't think anyone actually cared about it because I'd never seen it pop up in arcade threads.

Deathsmiles is a cool game but I fuckin hate the orange orbs mechanic.

Well, he really likes his sci-fi still and he enjoys making nods to popular western culture and even his own work and other works of Konami. but like says, if you like Kojima and his works, don't stop at Snatcher. Give Policenauts a try too.

i've had so much fun with it, playing that with my friends. they even still have the cabinet, which makes me happy. :)

is the wii port any good?

huh. turns out i was wrong. how cool is that! Sorry, i have no idea. I'll be sure to find a copy or pirate it. i'll tell you when i find out!

I see what you did there.

i swear, this is fucking awesome!

Applies to the whole series

It's still a fun game. The memes are only in a few areas of the entire game anyway so it's easy to ignore.

They are plastered fucking everywhere. Even the upgrades are given by "totally not chozos"

Some were a lot more "lol internet humor" than memes honestly. Even then I could care less because the gameplay is fun.

You mean any fun game from the 80's and early 90's? Even Doom fits this description. Or do you mean clown tier graphics like Fantasy Zone.

I wouldn't call DOOM colorful.

If it has a varied color palette, it counts. Most 8 bit games (specifically nes, c64 etc) had limited PPUs that rarely escaped their limited colour pallettes

What i said was garbage. I need to go to sleep.

Anyways, while 8 bit did have colorful games, it was just uncomparable to 16-bit.

Frankly I've always found Outrun to be boring as fuck and have been a bit baffled about its supposed popularity.

I've never fallen asleep playing a game so many times.

arcade opened in my town last year with MKAGP2, feels good

This is what I miss man. Vibrant colors and 80/90's Japanese pop-art. This is what games should be.

1 had more memorable levels and less floating platforms. More missions in each level made them less disposable. Both are fun though.

Since when was there a fourth one?
What. Why.

Virtual On is the greatest shit ever. I recently played it at my school because the lady that runs the game room there, set up a two player cabinet there. Only issue is that the coin door has been busted all semester that she just set that shit to free play.

tf… no, fuck it

Great games. Even better waifu.

that one asshole that has to play hanzo.

every time

Are there any fps games other then Halo and Unreal to an extent that are super colorful?

The cotton series of games despite being a little dark in their story are very bright, gorgeous games. I think they peaked with Cotton Boomerang on the Saturn, but they are all great. Except maybe that PS2 pachinko game.

stick to your containment thread

Panorama Cotton is garbage tbh.

git gud

(you)

I dunno if I'd say it's colorful, but damn it's fun and pretty decent sense of speed. Threadly reminder to emulate using PGXP and a NeGcon plugin for best experience.

Do mods count? If so, Ancient Aliens for Doom is absolutely gorgeous.

But do those games respect your freedoms as an user?

This one does.

If you consider emulators to be freedoms then yes.

Consider me triggered, fucker.

That english rule is always fucked up
Are you saying that because you pronounce user as yuser?

That game is ever so slightly lacking in something but I'm not sure what.

A lot of people have expressed frustration at the overly randomized damage.

Either that or Widowmaker and he misses all his shots