Give me a game with similar gameplay to skyrim, but fun and outside of the elder scrolls series

give me a game with similar gameplay to skyrim, but fun and outside of the elder scrolls series

Sorry user, but the cancer has metastasized.

That shouldn't be too hard, there are plenty of bad games outside the elder scrolls series.

I swear I've seen a massive uptick in the number of Skyrim threads the last week or so.

cancer aside, i just want to go and kill shit in a medievel setting, whether it be fantasy or not
and skyrim did that fun enough, with the minor fact that the rest of the game was garbage everywhere

Arx Fatalis

this/dark messiah works pretty well
now just give me the same thing outside of a dungeon, and preferably open world

>Risen 1 (modern gothic 1/2, more refined easier combat, just as immersive)
Go play them (don't forget the unofficial patches for all three) and experience some good fucking games for once.

Gothic 1/2

i tried gothic 2 once and it was pretty fun
but the combat felt equally lacking like in skyrim
once i joined the militia, i went out to do whatever the paladin guy told me to do, and got bored on the way and quit
is risen/gothic 1 any better?

Dark messiah of might and magick, it even has more roleplay options

see
i've already played it

Dragon's dogma is literally skyrim but good.

Gothic 1 is almost identical to G2 combat-wise. In both of them, the optimal mode of control is just straight keyboard (no mouse), and the combat has a very high skill cap as it's timing based (a low level player can destroy shit significantly than they are if they've mastered the combat system).

Risen's combat is mouse+keyboard, but very similar in that it's also timing based where swinging again at the right moment makes you attack much faster.

All three of those games feature an unleveled world, that is to say nothing scales with you. This means exploration is HUGELY rewarded since you can find awesome high level shit right from the start if you're willing to brave the wilderness and potentially get your shitpussy gaped by scary top-tier monsters.

I would recommend you give it another try, and potentially read a beginner's guide to give you the basics of how to play and an idea of what you should go for first, as Gothic 1/2 don't hold your hand at all, and can feel unfocused (story wise) when really you just need to get out in the world and fuck shit up.

i've considered it, but my toaster can't run it. skyrim might run horribly but some of that is fixable if i ruin the textures/models

i was doing alright with the combat in gothic 2, at least when fighting humanoids that i can parry
but the story really was unorganized
took me about a day to do all the shit needed to join the militia, since i simply couldn't figure out how to find the thieve's guild or whatever it was called
then there's the fact that i thought i had to kill the guy that thief that runs to a tree near the militia headquarters, when it turns out i just had to report him (Which is actually the better option since i don't get reprimanded). and at the time i was still new to the combat, so it's pretty after getting killed by the guy a few times that i figured out how the combat worked

any garbage

Gothic asks you to think for yourself and doesn't hold your hand like Skyrim. There are plenty of clues in the town about where the thief guild is – even if you piss the guild off, they send a hitman on your ass who will push your shit in and kill you if you're a pussy. If you beat him, however, he's got a letter on him and a key, giving you a pretty big clue as to where to go (although really, you should already know it by then if you bothered to explore at least a little). Don't try to do one particular quest at any cost - if it's too hard, leave it be and do some other shit until you're stronger. Also, you should definitely play Gothic 1 first

Two Worlds (2)

Mountain…..
BLADE

Gothic, Risen, Dragon's Dogma

Divinity II (Not Original Sin II).

Kill shit, read minds, use that to get advantage over people, get a ballin' magic tower as your home and BECOME ABLE TO TURN INTO A MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON AT WILL.

but it's not openworld
if anything, m&b is closer to total war than skyrim

which divinity game had the romancable skellys?

Dragon Commander, the RTS of the series.

I hear it's pretty bland, though.

Zelda Breath of the Wild

Good argument, I apologize

best kicking simulator

Ah I'm guessing you only play mature games for mature gamers such as yourself.

Poor todd. People stopped modding bethesda games and now he has to steal from competitors…

what are you talking about, i look nothing like that fine gentleman
pic related is me
i wish todd would actually be smart enough to steal mechanics from other games

Shitposting aside, Zelda games are usually pretty railroad-ish and easy. Not saying TES Skyshit is hard/challenging, but at least it can be when modded, same with Oblivion and Morrowind. You can't have on consoles.
I support , great game, specially when modded. Shame most mods got lost after the official forum got removed/changed.

Because the Skyrim HD "remaster" is coming out in a couple of days, so we've probably got a few shills here. Or maybe reddit trying to push their favourite meme game.

it's not that impossible

No such thing.

Skyrim Remastered has what you're looking for

I'm on to you, Todd.

Mountain Blade & Chivalry, nigga.

see
besides, chivalry is garbage, i'd rather just wait for mordhau

Enderal is a lot better than the base game. the combat still sucks as bad as Pearl Harbor though.

i heard it was pretty incompatible with most mods, so i haven't tried it

Nigga, do you even Agatha?

You can always play the expansion. It's called Fallout 4.

And you can play Fallout 3. Strangely enough, they skipped 1 and 2. I don't know why Bethesda started with 3.

Then again, they did start with Skyrim 5.Maybe they are going to make prequels one day and we will finally have a Skyrim 4.

Skyrim has good graphics, good content, good soundtrack, good lore, etc. The only thing that is absolutely bad in skyrim is the gameplay and character growth

What's the problem?
More dick more fun

Come the fuck on. 98% of the content is "kill these draugr and/or falmer". I'll grant that the soundtrack is amazing and the lore is good but criminally underutilized so it might as well not be there, but the content is repetitive and crap.

vid related is an accurate portrayal chivalry's combat, if you replace jackie chan with a zweihander
swinging around like a drunk fuck and hitting people behind you isn't fun

I played that I believe, and the first few minutes just got me so bored.

Div 2 has a romancable well but she dies.

I'd rather be the pitcher than the catcher.

Risen

yea, i'm trying it now

hhahhahhhahahah

Yeah, you seem like you have the attention span of the average person that enjoys Skyrim. Sorry, you're beyond help at this point. Better wait for Skyrim 2.

Yeah, the more common encounters can be repetitive at times, but there's a ton of other stuff too and you can explore some really cool places.
Too bad every single inch of the land is covered in snow, THAT gets old fast

boy, I sure love all those very interesting old nord dungeons that all look the same

Nehrim for Oblvion, it's made by the people that made that "total conversion" mod for Skyrim that Redditors are jizzing about.

Unlike that mod though, this actually changes the gameplay of the game and was made in a time before normalfags knew about TES.

STALKER Call of Pripyat

Instead he steals them from Bethesda slav- er, modders.

It's a total conversion mod, meaning the entire vanilla game is scrapped save for the built-in assets like furniture and architecture.

Mount and Blade has no sense of adventure. Skyrim beats it in that category.

How does Skyrim beat anything in adventure? The dungeons are all loops with the same mob spawns. The chests are all the same randomized loot.

Maybe you just need to git gud.

did the devs finally fix Chivaldry or they abandoned it?

yea, but mount and blade doesn't have dungeons, so that's not much of a comparison

but it's not realistic

and don't forget about all those unique and not repetitive at all dwemer mines

good contributions in this thread btw

mutually exclusive, op

PLAY DARK MESSIAH OF MIGHT AND MAGIC

thats because everyone on Holla Forums is ging to preorder at least wo copies of Skyrim Remastered on the new nintendo console!
t. Rodd

Man i gotta admit toddposting was funny at the start now its getting kinda boring and stale.

Nice bait thread you've got here.

somebody get this Dreamboy out of here

Arx Fatalis.

King's Field series
Wizardry 8
Might and Magic 6
Ultima Underworld 1, 2
Legend of Grimrock 1, 2
Deus Ex
System Shock 1, 2

All those games were leagues better than Skyrim though, and weren't filled with bugs nor did they have such a shit combat system.

Did you even read the OP?

Have you tried installing it? The game is not that resource hungry, it still has very short loading time even when not installed to SSD on my toaster. Currently a mere 10bux on GMG. or you can just pirate it

There is a good reason why God banished you from heaven.

If Zelda is a kiddie pool, Skyrim is Olympic sized bird bath.

I'm not saying there is anything good about Skyrim. Just that Zeldo is easy as shit and fairly linear. Maybe this new one will be different, I'm skeptic, as always.

I remember my brother calling Oblivion - Morrowind 2, before even first 30 minutes E3 presentation. I wonder if he was disappointed back then. We never met since then.

Try it out user, Capcom actually put effort into making the port run well so you could just run with settings all on low or a fucked-up resolution like 800x600 if you're desperate

The whole fucking idea of Mount and Blade is to find your own adventure, you nigger. You go through a brief tutorial which barely touches on important concepts and are thrust out into the world to make a name for yourself.

If you can't even be bothered to make your own fun in a game with mechanics as engaging, unwieldy, and interesting as Mount and Blade, you should probably just go read a fucking picture book.

Is this game good?

This guy is a true coinosseur of rpgs.

Dark Messiah

Skyrim should be good game. Unfortunately it was made by some of the most inept devs the industry has ever seen.

Two Worlds 2?

What's better is that they didn't stop modding Bethesda games, they're just content with modding Morrowind forever and once OpenCS becomes better than the actual construction set that will only be more true.

Bethesda accidentally created a game that was so much better than what they normally do that it is now going to be their main competitor forever. Morrowind may have a ton of glaring problems, but they will never make something that even comes close to it without Kirkbride. And they don't even get to make any more money off of it since you can find it crazy cheap or pirate it and noone's going to buy a remake with OpenMW on the horizon.

Hell they can't even compete with community content anymore, Tamriel Rebuilt is better than any TES game that came after Morrowind and you could even argue that it's better than Morrowind itself.

pic related

what happened?

Jost posting to let you know that chivalry players are fucking retarded.
That picture works in the original because Gwynn is actually a guy forced to crossdress.
Taking the pic and giving it a "chivalry" paint job only does one thing: show how devoid of content Chivalry actually is.

pick one

Skyrim is a good game, hipster weebshit faggots just cant get a grip on reality and would rather play some shit VN jerk off fest.

Get a life.

The concept and design foundation are amazing, but the execution is quite bad, as expected from post morrowind bethesda.

CHOOSE ONE

Not trying to start anything but, can you explain how Morrowind is a better game?

Not that guy but a big Morrowind fan.
The general consensus when Oblivion came out was "Oblivion was a fun game, but Morrowind was a fun WORLD."

Morrowind had distinctly different cultures, biomes, and political parties. The world had a history and NPCs had lots of dialogue that would fill you in. It never got boring or repetitive.

Lots of people bitch about the combat system and graphics, but these can be easily tweaked with simple mods. Morrowind Graphics Overhaul is a popular one.

It's definitely worth pirating and modding even in 2016.

TLDR: Variety and lore.

What are some mods to "tweak" the combat?

Accurate Attack fixes the biggest complaint.

In Morrowind, your skill with a weapon determines the chance to hit, not just the hitbox. That means you can be swing a sword 20 times at someone, and the animation will go right through the enemy, but if your skill is too low you won't hit.

Accurate Attack tweaks your skill to always hit if the hitbox says you should hit.

but Skyrim Special Edition (TM) comes out in a few days. Make sure you pre-order your copy on consoles today!

The one where you read the manual.