Grand Strategy Games /gsg/

Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/W8jKcvWB

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Today in History October 22

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Idhrendur/paradoxGameConverters/releases/download/EU4ToVic2-1.0A/EU4ToV2-1.0A.zip
github.com/Idhrendur/paradoxGameConverters/releases/download/Vic2ToHoI3-1.2/Vic2ToHoI3-1.2.zip
github.com/kingofmen/VickyToHoI3/archive/master.zip
my.mixtape.moe/moicfl.7z
my.mixtape.moe/okrduc.7z
mega.nz/#!9hV30JwI!yGDIA7Yt6e2OfKiGXPt3PrZNV5R4GLxgrABDSrZIG-8
mega.nz/#!8otjWKYQ!N8anOuxXYlblo7sse9AinXMrx0rZ51IyQblRykfy7xo
mega.nz/#!t99CWBQA!4omdgszGbybHo9q-UJBMooq_YoEPMNXFd1se-ciNS0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where the fuck did all those flavour events disappear to? I recall the game didn't have many of them at launch, but I haven't run into a single fucking one this time around!

Other than that the patch was okay, I guess. Still a long way to go before the game is fun though

Lol I'm playing xenophobe space elves too, just starting now though.

No idea how this alliance came about

bampu

Who leads that alliance?

Rightful Chink clay tbh

Potential for massive ammounts of flavour was only thing Stellaris had over Distant Worlds. I guess they really don't have any idea what they are doing with the game. They aren't even churning out DLC like I expected.

Am I missing something here or do you actually have to colonize every single province that you want to take from a Horde nation? If so how the fuck am I supposed to beat the Golden Horde with normal sized colonists within the game's time limit?

he didnt even put up a fight

that is correct

Pick ides that boost colonist

bump

Why are you playing HoI4? Why are you playing it on what is probably the lowest possible settings?

I've already encountered a Space Dragon, a Sun Eater thing, a Wraith that pops out of pulsars, and a fortress that's lifted straight outta 40K while beating down an invasion from the totally not Tyranids™ in a Federation lead by an Awakened Fallen Empire.

Why wouldn't you play HoI 4? HoI 4's production system instantly obsoleted all previous HoIs

Well, one of the devs definitely is a WH40k fan. If you take "transcendent empire" as your government, your leader will be called God Emperor, for example. I just wish they actually went all the way and presented me with an already settled galaxy. Having everyone start at the same tech level with one planet is shit, and it's the reason why stellaris ill always be more 4X than GSG

Kill yourself and go back to halfchan.

HoI4 is the best HoI game after Darkest Hour.

So you are trying to pretend you are "one of us" by acknowledging Darkest Hour, yet you are shilling for the worst shit Paradox has shit out.

What the fuck are you smoking right now? Even HoI II and the original HoI not even including mods are better than that casualized, dumbed down piece of garbage that doesn't deserve the same name.

Keep sucking the dick of Parajew who would rather "balance" their broken fucking releases for multiplayer and completely remove any competent AI or sense of realism in singleplayer.

3 is a bloated piece of shit that's so dumbed down you can win by spamming infantry + inf tech and encircling errything.

You'd have to be a complete moron to like HoI3 and also complain about HoI4.

I never mentioned HoI 3.

I never liked HoI3 due to retarded diplomacy and politics, but even that was better than HoI4 which has those two things also fucked, has a shitty tech tree, fucking event trees (all minors have generic ones, what a fucking joke) as a replacement to events and decisions, broken peace conference, shit combat (the game penalises you for not letting the AI play for you, holy shit), ugly as sin UI, no wastelands (so a landing in south Africa can march all the way to Berlin no problem), transports so simplified that you get Indian soldiers defend Netherlands during Fall Gelb, and lots of other shit like leader portraits and the like. It's paradox's worst game to date

He's partially right though. HoI4's production system is truly top notch. Unfortunately that's about the only thing going for it and everything else makes it a boring and shallow game.

So, why are you bitching?

DH > HoI4 > dogshit > rest of the series.

DH>HoI3>dogshit>>>>>>>>>>>>>HoI4

No. HoI4 is by far the worst fucking game in the series. I'd rather play HoI2 Armageddon or Doomsday.

I find myself playing HoI4 more so these days. Not because it's good, but because it's easier to pick up and play compared to HoI3 and the fact that it's multiplayer doesn't usually involved random desyncs that require everyone to restart the game to deal with.

No. DH = Kaiserreich > HoI 2 >HoI3 >>>>>>>>> HoI4.

user, did you buy this game?

I think Spain created it but Japan is the other major but I'm about to drop a nuke on Spain

It was on sale and I wanted a WW2 strategy game like it and have no experience with the series so dont know about past games
It is the lowest possible settings because if I want to play the game for more than an hour it has to be on lowest settings or my laptop overheats and shuts down

The base game of Darkest Hour without mods: what year does it start, what year does it end, and how does it handle WW2?

Then you should have pirated something or bought at the very least an older cheaper game that would even run better on your computer. HoI4 is weirdly heavy to begin with.

It has a WW1 and WW2 scenarios. Also you can just fucking google it.

1914 ends at 1918 I believe.
1933 ends in the 50's-60's?

DH is the best version of HoI especially for vanilla WWII. One of the best scenarios in the game itself is the 1945 start option as the battle of the bulge is starting to falter. Picking Germany at that start date will give you the best understanding of how to maximize production, unit management, elastic defense, manage multiple fronts and encirclement to the fullest effect while being completely bleed dry of all but the minimal of resources.

The only problem with the full game is that the Japanese AI is still a bit wonky even with the 1.04 patch they released last year. Some games they'll do as well or better than they did in the Pacific historically, other times they'll completely forget it exists and it ends up being Japan and the US stroking each others dicks with their Navies with very little ground engagements in the Pacific.

Patch 1.05 is rumored to be released by the end of this year, but it's possible it could release in early 2017.

Also, never count on Italy for jack shit. They're fucking worthless.

So, there is a gap between 1918 and 1933? I couldn't start in 1914 and go straight to 1964 in a single game?

No. You will have to use the Grand Campaign mode for that.

Mods can achieve a continuous WWI play-through all the way to the Cold War.

I recommend the mod All In One WiF II after you play a couple dozen hours in vanilla.

github.com/Idhrendur/paradoxGameConverters/releases/download/EU4ToVic2-1.0A/EU4ToV2-1.0A.zip

github.com/Idhrendur/paradoxGameConverters/releases/download/Vic2ToHoI3-1.2/Vic2ToHoI3-1.2.zip
github.com/kingofmen/VickyToHoI3/archive/master.zip

Do you want to blob that much?

I did a poor job removing the watermark, but fuck watermarks.

Now with extra internet decay.

Lads, what is the best mod for Vicky2? I'm looking mostly for an extended timeline, though added features are a bonus. Also, apologies if you already answered this, I posted in the last general but that got slid before I could get back here.

HPM is the best mod.

There are no good extended timeline mods.

Might just get HoI then, though I'll get HPM anyway. HoI3 is the Holla Forums approved version, yes? I know 4 is shit.

HPM
But if you want to play after the 40s you can try the NWO mod

Darkest Hour is Holla Forums approved. HoI 3 is only used here because some people don't want to use a service like Hamachi or Gameranger to set up multiplayer matches.

NWO is interesting. I'm not into the future stuff but Cold War has appeal to me.

Darkest Hour it is, then. Thanks lads.

You should be able to get Vic2, HoI3, EU3 and DH all for a lot cheaper from kinguin instead of steam itself. Or just pirate them and try then out first.

Both Vic2 and DH have their own versions of the New World Order mod.

DH has NWO as well which is pretty well done. Kashmir conflict, Vietnam war, Korean War, and various other flashpoint wars are featured in it. You can even take the initiative and directly intervene in the Chinese Civil war as either the USA or SU at the expense at potentially starting WW3 if it goes into a global war.

Speaking from experience, you won't need that much time anyway. No matter what happens, manpower will start becoming scarce after a decade of warfare, until it finally runs out completely for one side, and that side is fucked.

I'll have a look at NWO, what's the earliest start date in DH. Is it the same as Vicky2?

Hell fucking no, what do you take me for? A fucking ledditor goyim who wastes money on shit vidya? Only have it because some friend bought it for me even though I said not to.

Darkest Hour is a Hearts of Iron game, so it is about the world wars. With DH+NWO you should be able to play a campaign from 1936 to 1991, I think.

Also there is the Grand Campaign mode (NWO plus mods other stuff) that lets you play from 1914 to 1991

1914-1991 sounds top notch tbh.

Grand campaign is 1914 to the late 1990's
NWO is 1933 to the late 90's.

Vanilla DH is 1914 - 1918 and 1933-1960's but I've never played past the 50's to find out.

Just don't blob out of control.

I have been checking the para forums and there seem to have been even some new DH mods. The Putin Mod 2015-2050 and Ruins - Global Post-Nuclear Mod (2053 and 2253 campaign)

Nice, thanks lad.

I always take the utmost care when crafting my blobs. I cannot stand the sight of ugly borders.

In my experience it becomes absolutely nothing but waiting after WW2. There aren't many events and the world becomes completely static unless you start a conflict yourself.

Explain.

The AI nations in DH rarely do anything without an event triggering and there just aren't that many events after WW2 ends, especially if the Axis win. It may be different if you start with a post WW2 scenario but that guy seems most interested in the Grand Campaign.

Does anyone know what happened to The Prince e-book for EU4? Not that it matters but it's not there in the game folders anymore and you can't find it in the store, only Art of War. Searching shows up nothing. I'm assuming something happened that made them take it down.

On a side note this new institution system is broken in so many places.

Turning on any nation can DoW can and will completely break the game and most events due to the AI just deciding to cannibalize most of their neighbors in countless wars.

Keeping it off ensures that the event chains can fire leading to actual possible tensions whether it's ethnic like the Yugoslav wars or just territorial like the Kashmir Conflict. Nearly every conflict from post-WWII to pre-2000s is included in NWO. Even ahistorical ones.

Is there any way to run Victoria 2 in Windowed Borderless mode? I want to try and git gud at the game but it bugs me that I can't alt-tab without the game breaking for me.

Several. Including playing with the newest patch 3.04. If you are on steam go to your beta options.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. I didn't even think to check for a beta patch. I'm honestly shocked Paradox has even touched this game in recent time.

It is an unofficial, official patch from last year so they put it under beta. Otherwise there is also v2fix that works adds boarderless for V2, HoI3 and even EU3. It is just that they implemented it themselves with that patch.

Archive is down lads!!!

Thanks for taking it down, lad :^)

Can you still use the DLC activator with HoI4 or do I have to pirate it not to get jewed out of a 100 bucks to get a functionning game ?

I meant EU4 and CK2, not HoI4.
btw I guess HoI4 is still shit.

There's literally an option to do it.
I think they added it last """beta""" patch (they'll never release the actual patch).

Why is piracy so hard for you?

Because I have the base game and have added the DLCs to it with the activator + file.
Now I'm just too lazy to pirate the whole game just for two DLCs missing.
But apparently the game is still shit so I might not even bother.

Yet you spend time complaining about it. Kill yourself.

I already have the game installed and 80% of the DLCs, why are you so mad at me Jewan ?

Because you are human waste.

Wew lad just play some multiplayer to calm down.

I hate that these Swedish cucks actually used a Cultural Marxist buzzword like "xenophobia" in their game.
Who the fuck is afraid of foreigners like its some irrational fear? It's usually called common fucking sense to not let some primitives into your nation.

They actually said that marxism was a great tool for game development at the GDC.

That doesn't even make any sense because it's not a great tool for fucking anything, it makes you fail at absolutely every single thing.

But then we'll all be equal!!11!1! :^)

Yep 100% cuck they were happy in there pre release game of stelliars that there race became a minority

top fucking kek

I didn't expect them to actually include a purge button, or to make a purging approach viable. If you pick xenophobia, you can enslave or genocide any xenos without any penalties other than diplomatic relations (which recover after a while anyway), and, since that gives your race room to grow, completely reinhabit their planets with loyal citizens that are happier, and thus provide a production boost as well as never rebelling. Not to mention the flavour text is bretty good such as greeting new aliens with "Heretics will burn, xeno scum!" if you pick the right ethos. The whole game was, overall, less pozzed than I'd expect from Swedes

Other than removing "racist mods"? Humanity is still one type in vanilla, right?

Yeah isn't it a bit fucking weird how in Stellaris your "human empire" can have a policy of exterminating all alien species upon contact, but on Terra it's a multiracial fantasy land where Jews and niggers and gooks all get along.

I've never played the game, and I might but never without the mod that makes everyone in the human empire white. It really makes absolutely no sense for it to be multiracial, such a nation will never get to space because it has too much internal conflicts.

I don't care if someone wants to also make a mod where everyone in the human empire is negroid or whatever. I merely demand realism.

Again?

That's just pandering to the 40k meme crowd. Purge as you please with no consequences (besides the fact that everyone hates you regardless of you having attacked them or not). As long as you accept the Terran multiculturalism of course :^)

I liked some of the comments during the debacle. Others released black-only mods and you would see comments like

They're still Swedes, user.

I think there are at least three aryan mods out there. Paracucks took down one, but the others are still up

I don't mind it. In fact, I can't wait for a proper WH40k mod that'll, hopefully, turn the game into a GSG (non-equal start with most of the galaxy already populated). Of course, I have no way of knowing if such a mod is in the works, as modders are gay cunts that keep everything hidden on the forums

Notice I said meme crowd. The target audience are meme spouters who never played any form of 40k in their life. It fits perfectly with the game.
They play a little and move on and Paradox knows this, receiving less criticism for the empty midgame and dysfunctional endgame.

A proper 40k mod might actually give the game a reason to be played, there are lots of things in the lore that could be featured ingame instead of the emptiness we have now.
This is not that likely to happen since the modders are more and more retarded now.

Honestly, I just hope somebody, anybody, will make a total conversion mod with more flavour and non-equal start. It's the equal start that firmly sets the game as 4X and causes every race to be played roughly the same.

I also hope Paracucks will finally fix the fucking warscore mechanic - it would be too broken even for a beta, yet here we are, months later, and it's still bullshit. "Oh, I see you sent two fleets, one with a hundred ships, the other trailing behind containing a single ship. You engaged an enemy, won, and killed 50 of his chips. That gives you 0.7warscore, but wait! Your second fleet got utterly annihilated in the engagement. That's 2 warscore for your enemy :^)"

I don't think the 4X will go away any time soon, that's EU4 spilling over. Changing the historical setup so players have an easier time as the irrelevant backwater they picked. Making a state smaller instead of modelling their limitations. The consumers they want don't and won't understand the hows and whys.

The Abbasids in CK2 at 769 are missing chunks of their land (and they still tend to be broken) for example. When the average DLC connoisseur gets culturally enriched by the Caliph he doesn't think "Maybe I should help the Byzantines and not expose myself to the Caliphate at its height", he goes to make a reddit post to complain.

In Stellaris there is no historical background other than multiculturalism you bigot so it's the perfect excuse to do it.

Shame too because I'd absolutely love a space grand strat with a variety of detailed, well-written existing species, with existing alliances & behavior and varying tech levels, and you could play as a vast, ancient, sprawling empire that's about to fall apart (or the remnants of one, dead set on reunification), or a small upstart that barely left their solar system and has to navigate more powerful neighbours, or anything in between.

LOLNOPE shitty RNG equal-footing 4X shit.

EU4 doesn't have an equal start though, and every nation plays differently. Completely different from the pile of shit that is Stellaris.

Hmmm… so my pirated version of CK2 is the most recent and I want to play a mod that is only compatible with version 2.4.5.

EU3 borders, they drive me insane. You play as some half savage like Japan for a few hundred years and find out Europe as a patch work of British exclaves and a Bavaria emulating a swastika in Ukraine.

I think you mean Cornish.

What country should I play?

Tyrone

The former only fits the definition of 'grand strategy' in its broadest terms while the latter is so terrible and casualized that it shits all over its series. Come the fuck on.

WE

WUZ

FENIANS

Sheeeeet.
Here we go then.

Most of Ireland is down, but I'm fucking broke now.

That's about what I expect from Tyrone.

It's time to realise your manifest destiny, Tyrone.

WE IRELAND NOW

Expel the Anglos and then land Ireland's finest in Wales to show them who's in charge here.

I managed to unite Ireland in a war that left England almost bankrupt thanks to France, now they're almost entirely occupied by Morocco.

You're in for a bad time. You'll figure out why around mid game

I played MEIOU for years, never really had a problem with it.

religious minorites bullshit not bothering you? Retarded levels of AI agression neither? How about the abysmal coring system?

The war ends massively in our favour, sadly Scotland left the war early so I couldn't give them any land, but the French get enough to know that supporting me is the best for them.

I also give the French Kent, I want them to have a foothold in England to keep the two against each other now that the British have lost all their continental territories.

I take Wales for myself, but since I don't have cores I decide to release them as a vassal for now.

The AI aggression is rather low compared to the base game and most mods, as for the coring system it limits massive expansionism and blobbing which is exactly what I want. It's also pretty easy to understand if you look into the code.

The religious minorities stuff is annoying, but I find it's the absolute best system to model it you can get in a Europa game and it does a good job inhibiting mass flipping religions that never changed historically, like the Balkans under Turkish rule.

I had an Indian minor DoW me without a CB while playing as BYZ and barely touching Persia. Also, the entire world decided to constantly DoW me as well, so much that I was permanently in four wars at once for over 50 years in a row.

No it doesn't. It turns the game into a RNG fest because for a core for any province, you need two random events to fire. I had a province go core in under a year, and another one that didn't core for an entire fucking century. It doesn't really limit expansionism either (I know because I tried). It just fucks your economy a bit, but it's nothing that you couldn't handle by taking some inflation hits. All it REALLY does is cause fucking rebels to appear nonstop, so the game turns into a whack-a-mole simulator.

Yeah, no. It's tedious as fuck and doesn't even work properly (you et option to convert minority in a province that has no minorities, for example), and only introduces even more fucking RNG. Vanilla's conversion RNG that you could affect with various stuff was reasonable. Trying to get rid of a minority in about 4 separate RNG conversion attempts (not countin the many attempts it took to ctually become the majority religion, mind you), which has some stern fucking requirements, and which you cannot affect, is bullshit.

EU4 has an entire mechanic dedicated to stop turks from converting, actually.

BELIEVABLE WORLDS

They'll eventually become weaker and start being colonized by others.

Need mo' money fo' dem programs.

Damn the proto-English got fucked quite hard.

Good old EU3.

It's hard to keep track of all that ra- I mean "genetic mixing" going on in post-Roman England. :^)

I think we can all agree on one thing though,
FUCK WILLIAM OF NORMANDY AND HIS FUCKING FRENCH BULLSHIT

I'm not seeing you using Anglish instead of British French.

They are here because you didn't bully these kinds of threads

You ought to come to terms that genetically and culturally, you're French as much as you are Briton

What is the best way to play EU? 3 or 4 and with what mod?

Just get both and if you pick a somewhat similar starting position you will see the differences. If you haven't done EU before, I would look into mods later.

Depends on what you like. EU3 has better mechanics, but EU4 has more content.

Fuck yourself with a set of sliders. You love em that much you'll love em 6 inches up your ass.

stellaris is boring.. too boring I'd rather play sins of the solar empire.

Not even a religious league war, just the HRE being a massive shit due to the fact that Brandenburg got its shit slapped so Brandenburg ran off crying to the HRE who all formed a coalition and invaded.
To make matters worse, east Europe then decided to invade at the same time, further reducing any chance I had at holding them back.
I spent close to 10 years hopelessly in debt with constant rebel attacks and a clergy takeover, bankrupted nearly twice and went so far into the red that I couldn't even afford a standing military. They weren't happy with fucking me over once, but did it THREE times in total pretty much demanding me hand over all my gains during the war I was called in to fight to the country that pulled me into the war into the first place and backstabbed me in the most recent war.

Let's see. Based on those members of the Catholic league, your side has Brandenburg/Prussia, Poland & Lithuania or Commonwealth, Bohemia, England/GreatBritain, Venezia, maybe Ottomans, Muscovy/Russia, Spain, Portugal, and FRANCE

So where is the panic, that Catholic league looks like shit in comparison.

Paraucks, please leave.

While the company has taken a turn for the worse in recent years, their games remain the best grand strategy games to this day. Vast majority of people in these threads come to talk about paradox games even though we all hate those Swede fucks.

I am talking about the niggers reporting the archive.

Beliebable wolrds

That's because they are the only grand strategy games you fucking retard. Monopolies are cancer.

It's funny how Civ6 is so forgetable that even Holla Forums doesn't get anybody shilling for it.

It's a phone game what's there to talk about

Usually Holla Forums can't stop talking about how shit a game is.

You guys were just talking about HoI4, after all. :^)

Sounds like you are a fucking retard. They are not the only grand strategy games, OP's post already lists several ones from other companies.
Secondly, nobody is fucking stopping any other devs from making grand strategy games. Are you saying Paradox is somehow forcing others out of the field? Are they threatening them with violence?
Do not be a moron. We can only blame the small amount of GS games on the fact that not many people care about history, not enough to make games about it.

I broke HRE's back by fucking up Austria's chance at becoming emperor and by allying with half the electors so that Bohemia is Emperor but they can't muster the power because I allied Austria and Brandenburg. Even if a coalition happens, I run a train on it.

t. Poland

Play HoI3 guys. It's the best and the most satisfying gsg ever made.

I like DH better

Does anyone know the answer to my question:
Can I install pirated DLC of Paradox games to a legit copy of the game (that also has several legit bought DLCs) without it being detected somehow? I no longer want to give any money to Paradox after their recent decisions, but I will continue playing their games though.

I'm more concerned about the fucking massive amount of French that's in the English language.
It's too late to change it.

This Europe fucking sucks, it's time to bully austrialia and Bohemia I guess.

I mean, look at that shit. Both Russia and Bohemia just blobbed into Scandinavia, Austria owns Poland.

The HRE has the darnest wars. If it ain't the heretic league vs even more heretic league, then it's a buncha fags sperging, stupidity after stupidity.

you're cheating mana?

No, I just got nothing to spend it on (Unless I wanna take Constantinople into like 30/30/30 or some shit). Max mana in VeF is 1.6k for all nations and technologies.

I suppose I could start seizing provinces for the crown so the manual development gets enabled on those.

you were the guy who uploaded that mega file right?
can you post the link again?
also the theodoro units for byzantium mod disappeared, so i cant download it
any ideas?

lads

I've been playing EU4 and changed a line in define.lua to prevent colonial nations forming

"max_crown_colonies = 4" specifically.

Its stopped working since the most recent patch, any ideas how to get it working again, or if not then a mod that does it for me?

You wouldn't really want to play the newest patches anyway.

But then my mods wont work

With the Krauts beginning to swallow up the Low Countries, it's time to execute Operation Risotto.

How you gonna take Gibraltar? It's easily the biggest obstacle as Italy

d92514 edits
my.mixtape.moe/moicfl.7z
Byzantium units
my.mixtape.moe/okrduc.7z

I've got two marine divisions and two battleships scheduled to deploy in June. I'll attach the marines to the corps assigned to invade Corsica, then with the strength of the entire goddamned Regia Marina covering them, they'll invade Gibraltar.

IIRC Gibraltar cannot be invaded from the sea in HoI3, though

It esssentially means that you either need to have invested into paratroopers, or invade Spain just to get to it

Can't hurt to try. I'll post my report in an hour or two.

No, I mean it literally cannot, as in the game won't let you select the naval invasion for Gibraltar

I don't like being lied to, mi familia.

How do you install the Byzantium units? Just dump in the mods folder? Do you even need the .mod file?

are you using a mod then? I'm 100% sure you couldn't do this in vanilla

I had forgotten that we were Italy. I fell into the historical realism meme and made binary divisions instead of triangle ones.

However, the Regia Marina is winning at sea. The French have lost a carrier, and the British 1 Battleship to its Italian equivalents and 2 Battlecruisers to our naval air arm.

Sure, here it is, new V3:

mega.nz/#!9hV30JwI!yGDIA7Yt6e2OfKiGXPt3PrZNV5R4GLxgrABDSrZIG-8

This is the mod you're looking for, although with my edits. I couldn't find the backup of the original (it just changes the tier-2 for both BYZ and TRE to become the same tier-2 from FEO):

mega.nz/#!8otjWKYQ!N8anOuxXYlblo7sse9AinXMrx0rZ51IyQblRykfy7xo

And finally, this is a compilation of my edits to the cosmetic units DLC to fit with the country tags from VeF, inside is a readme explaining the changes made:

mega.nz/#!t99CWBQA!4omdgszGbybHo9q-UJBMooq_YoEPMNXFd1se-ciNS0Y

I just uploaded V3 of the VeF edits, it adds flavor text for religions (for the ones that lacked it) , an 'overhaul' so to speak for quality ideas which sucked ass (let me know if it's OP, I think I was reasonable to sort of revert it back to a more 'vanilla' state, just wanted something as powerful as quantity) and a few more historical rivalries/friendships.

Seriously what is the point of spending 30 minutes to draw battleplans when invading itself takes 5 minutes? You're literally spending 80% of your time drawing and 20% fighting. Also invading Gibraltar is nearly impossible. It has 10/10 fort and 10/10 coastal fort and britain is going to put a million+ troops inside on a little plateau that barely fits thousands in real life. I played as Germany once and couldn't take on Gibraltar through land with 10+ divisions against their 1 division

You're 100% wrong.

thanks user
you are my greatest ally
i hope you dont get me v&

Do you hate fun or something?

And play on speed 5 with the AI on?

Other than fun, battle plans are convenient for actually organizing your forces prior to an attack, because when planning you see some holes that need filling which otherwise you would not have been. With extensive planning I was able to mimic Japan's IRL timetable, conquering all of South East Asia in 4 months.

Seen*

For dolphin porn? What are you, an australian?

ahahah. It was pretty bad but that makes me laugh.

Any idea how to release Bulgaria?

the list is years old

I think I understood it. I shouldn't select Glory of Byzantium, which is the alternative history part of the mod?

Yeah, Glory of Byzantium is alternate history. I don't like it much to be honest, it still needs lots of polishing.

I always thought that was suppose to be the main mod so it was a little weird to me.

So I am working on making some small changes on the OP pic. I am not big on EU4 and CK2 so please do recommend what other mods to add. There is not much place left for EU4 so it is going to probably be just listing a few names. CK2 has a lot of place left, though.

i saw an updated one with stellaris on it

Extended timeline is also good, although ALL the provinces have their unnatural modern shapes (those stupid straight lines from the Saharan and Arab states? Yep, you got em) I think that's the only thing I don't like about it. But aside from that, nothing TOO important.

Basically all I use is VeF, the stuff I wrote to enable cosmetic dlc units and other edits to make cosmetic units more 'believable' such as 'Jerusalem and Crusader Knights unit models', 'Theodoro units for Byzantium' and 'Dynamically colored Manchu & Thai unit models', but those aren't too important, it's just flavor.

MEIOU for EU4 is fairly okay. It used to be dogshit in the older versions, but last time I played it (after Cossacks) it actually managed to get its shit together. Don't know whether they fucked it up in the newer versions, though.

Extended timeline is faily bullshit with a lot of very important modifiers and lacks flavour more than vanilla, but it's making up for it by, well, the timeline.

BDSM mod was pretty awesome, especially if combined with with other flavour mods like Beyond the Pale

MEIOU's modder is trying to add pops to the game, so is not even updated to Rights of Man yet.

Oh yeah, that was one of the more retarded things it contained. MEIOU seems to have a boner for convoluted, poorly explained mechanics that weight the game down by giving every province a million modifiers.

CK2 should list CKII+, HIP and maybe When The World Stopped Making Sense. After the End is not updated at the moment I think.
I don't know if it's a good rule to list mods that usually get updated very slowly for the new patches.

The flavor text is really fucking bad too. Much of it is meant to be humorous, but it is horrible millennial humor. Otherwise the quotes are horribly bland. The narrator sounds like a twat instead of someone wise.

I really would like to hear the reasoning why that is a "civic" comparable to "cold war" and "space race".

got any examples? I'm curious

More importantly, why is Cold War present in an alternate history setting?

Social media's creation was a huge turning point in civilization though. The point where we should've given up.

It's not necisarily THE Cold War being researched, but the concept behind it, IE espionage and deterrence.

People are also really pissed there's a quote from Scott Adams in the game.

Though if you compare vanilla VI to vanilla V the game's not bad, still doesn't compare to Beyond the Sword however.

Thing is, the concept of a cold war isn't limited to the tension in a post-nuclear bi-polar world. If that game wasn't aimed to the braindead, the concept might be better described with "Mutually Assured Destruction" or "Nuclear Deterrent Politics".

see
MAD would've been a much better name, as all the espionage and deterrence were caused by it

Or nuclear age

Like pottery

There isn't even any future tech in the game? Fuck these assholes are lazy.

Just looked some quotes up myself.

"The good thing about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do."
–Ted Nelson

"If it weren't for electricity, we'd all be watching television by candlelight."
–George Gobel

"If facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
–Albert Einstein

"The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl."
–Dave Barry

"Who deserves more credit than the wife of a coal miner?"
–Merle Travis

"When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging."
–Will Rogers

Notice how many quotes are from people nobody has ever heard of.

Wouldn't (pseudo-)intellectually spamming classic quotes be easier than hamfisting what ever these are?

This reminds me of the guy that wrote about the end of history and how the west (aka globalization) has won the last civilization fight there is.

And the names sound Jewish

Your nose is malfunctioning. Only one of those is a Jew. You can guess which one.

I wouldn't be surprised to find a quote by Wil Wheaton or some other C-List gaymer celeb in there.

Those "jokes" are shit, but I fail to even comprehend

It talks about women, therefore but that shit in there. See how progressive we are??

*put

It's on par with "women are the greatest victims of war" on the retard scale

So here is the new OP pic I have made. If someone doesn't like something please share your opinion.

After the End has an update for 2.6.1 (probably works for all 2.6.x)

I just realized, maybe I should change the General to Games, because why not?

HIP is superior to CK2+ in every single fucking way.

For fairness sake, I'd recommend trying the pirate version of CK2 and then buying the base game for the verified goy badge of forum mod access (even though getting mods without is easy if you aren't retarded). Also this

Makes sense. The image isn't the general.

save for the ugly map

thats lazy

Then again, it's optional, but it really is damn ugly. Unnavigationable provinces everywhere that look like ugly black holes on the the realm map, just because the uninhabited deserts and wild lands being part of the neighbouring near useless provinces would apparently annoy someone.

Still has the spelling error in the EUIV part.

It wasn't mentioned at all. Here you go.

I was giving you a chance to fix your errors quietly without shame.

Here, this is #1 info anybody new to GSG needs.

Already in the picture in several different forms.

That was Francis Fukuyama. At least the man had the guts to admit he was wrong.

Interesting. Arsenal of Democracy got an update a week ago.

Actually that was for steam only, the update was alive earlier this year. But it is interesting to see that game still being supported too.

It's tough, being Paradox.

Tianjing, we have a problem

[guitar followed by synth solo]

Best meme country, no questions. Too bad I suck too much to unite the birthing places of God's sons.

I have no idea why they are even revolting when I don't even have any civilization progress because the same thing happened only a few years before and I lost it all.

kys

You didn't really say anything meaningful, but Commiemod and Liang seems to have been dead from the start, so there is no reason to keep them.

Typical kike, just rewrite reality if it doesn't fit your world view

One of the quotes in the ANCIENT ERA was from fucking George Carlin.
This game has nothing historical about it really. Half of the leaders are women, and ALL of the leaders, both female and male ones are the most incompetent, least successful rulers in their nations histories.

Why in the fuck does France have Catherine de Medici?
If they wanted to change Napoleon to someone else, why not CHARLEMAGNE

Why. Why is she the leader and not Leonidas?
What in the fuck.

didn't really do much

You just ruined it moron. Rights of Man introduced many new awful mechanics? It's easily the best expansion for EUIV ever, or at least competing for that with Art of War.

It changed the game for better in literally every fucking way
KYS it made the game playable again

I'm burnt out on HoI3. Vanilla is plain, I get constant crashes with HPP, BICE is a piece of shit. The only one that I can really play is RandomHoI.

Rights of Man actually made it harder to play as non western nations, which was a much needed change.

How many IPs are you using or do we just have that many halfchan redditors here?

Looks like there are just several people who want you to kill yourself? Not too unbelievable considering you seem like an utter retard.
Wew
Need any help with that suicide?

How about you consider going back to halfchan?

The new technology system is downright awful. If you spend time conquering and coring you will be left way behind your neighbors since every year you get +1% to research penalty if you don't have the latest institution.

I also still can't recreate Japan's historical 280k doomstack by 1591.

The only way to fix EU4 at this point is to divorce mana from tech research, among other things.

I'm not defending them, but you are deceiving newcomers to the genre with your shitty advice in the infopic. IF someone buys EU4 and some expansions for it, they should only buy the best expansions, and Rights of Man is one of them.

Obviously, pirating is a choice. But even then, it should be mentioned in the picture that Rights of Man is a DLC worth pirating and activating, you retard. Nowhere did I say anyone should PAY for it, just that it's their best so far.

No it's pretty damn good. The previous system was downright awful.
Doing fine by myself, maybe you're doing something wrong. The idea is that you can't neglect to meet the requirements to embrace the institutions. Every time a new institution is born, you need to start racing for it. Do not ignore its causes and wait for it to naturally spread to you. Make it spread to you.

Like you?

What the fuck even is your argument? This is hilarious, you are so pathetic. I at no point said it should be bought, that is something YOU entirely conceived in your own mind. Your strawman arguments aside, I am 100% of the opinion that it and all paradox games and dlc should be pirated because they have gone mad in the recent years.

That is not the point, the point is that Rights of Man has some of the best changes and additions to EUIV ever made, so installing it should be encouraged in the infopic.

It seems like you hate paradox so much that when they actually do manage to release a great expansion (which almost never happens anymore) you are completely incapable of admitting that it is good. You automatically condemn it without knowing what the fuck you are talking about.

Th-Thanks user.

Been planning to extend on the polytheistic religions from VeF, to make them just like Norse Paganism and Hinduism. The ones I had planned to change are Slavicanism (Gonna rename to Rodnovery or something similar), Inca, Mayan and Aztec, but I gotta research more on what gods to use, as well as a way of editing images without making them to look like utter shit.

Strange how you not only own the games and surely many of the DLCs, but just now started wondering if you are going to get banned if you download the rest of the DLCs.
nice two posts one after another. Between your obvious lack of knowledge about some things, defending some aspects of Paradox (not even talking DLC, but that too), possible trying to fit in by being bad Holla Forums stereotype, "kys" and other things it is easy to get to the conclusion that you are either a bad shill or just a halfchan-reddit mix retard.
Either way, please leave.

Just tell me, how high are you on the spectrum?
Because everything you say shows how completely incapable you are of having a conversation with a human. You seem like a very confused individual.

You keep saying this when I have at no point mentioned anything of the sort. Again, the issue is that you are telling in the infopic for people to not get the best expansion, which would actually make their game better. Not once have I said people should pay for it. This is a delusion fabricated by your mentally ill mind, jesus christ get a hold of yourself.

I think we've established very clearly it is you with the total lack of knowledge here.

Didn't defend a single one of their aspects or actions. Again, you made this up. Your third strawman argument.

Not an argument.

We already saw other people here also ask you to end your life, so please do it.

Nah. You should leave, that's what everyone here wants.

That's racist to the peaceful Muslims that tried to settle in France peacefully and those fascist Franks just pushed them out with their white privilege ore something.

HRE DLC

Or they didn't want to do leaders that technically could work for multiple civs. I generally get the feeling they didn't want to do things "by the book" this time. Weird natural wonder choices that reek of making things different for the sake of being different. Same with the quotes.

More like they wanted to impress their hipster cuck players by making the leaders a bunch of nobodies. Thing is, those rulers are relatively unknown for a reason, because they weren't good leaders. Which makes the game idiotic and lame.

What is the point in not having the best of the best, the greatest leaders of each kingdom, if you are only going to have one available leader for each nation.

Kill yourself you braindead fucking shill, Rights of Man is awful:
I can already tell you missed the previous threads that discussed RoM and its shit-tier mechanics. Please, go back to sucking Johan's cock on the forums, and take your niggerspeak with you

I would never make an account for paracucks forums. You are completely fucking braindead if you don't realize how RoM made the game a fuckton better than it was before.

What the fuck are you talking about, that doesn't happen. In fact in my previous game China was one of the first non western nations to go embrace Renaissance.
What the fuck are you on about. That doesn't happen. This new system specifically prevents shit like that from happening, unlike before this when any nation could become the most powerful superpower easily.
Only valid criticism but its the most minor change in the expansion. The new westernization is honestly the best addition to EUIV so far made.

But yeah, about half of Holla Forums are retarded autistic manchildren so this is not surprising. You probably fall into the same large category of Holla Forums who unironically likes Overwatch and Undertale.

Wow, look how easy game is, even retard can play it just like normal person.
How accessible.

RoM made the game more challenging you autistic fuck. I am all for criticism of Paradox because they have gone insane, but actually make your criticism truthful you fucking idiots.

Yes, i see, you are quite mentally challenged, if you don't see all those glaring flaws.
But if everyone see it but you…
It means one simple thing. You are truly special. Special kind of retard, arent you?

But that's not the case at all. Vast majority of grand strat players think the changes were good. You happen to belong to a very small, very butthurt minority that thinks making EU4 more challenging is a bad thing.
There's not much I can do to stop you from willingly being a casual. If you want as casual and easy grand strats as possible, then go ahead. Personally I, and most other players of these types of games actually would prefer if Paradox stopped casualizing their games and put some challenge in them. So this is why RoM was a welcome change to almost all of us.

Why don't you go join them rest of the human garbage then?
When you are unwelcome get the clue and leave.

Because he was german, obviously.

MUH SEKRIT CLUB

Go back to halfchan, faggot. That or don't invoke authority you ain't got.

I didn't say that, but it is actually a good sign of your newfaggotry.

Sticks and stones, friendo. You called him unwelcome; you don't have the authority to speak for me or any other user. Fuck your gatekeeper mentality and fuck the clubhouse you think you're protecting.

THAT SAID in current patch, the Ottomans guaranteed Hungary right after I got the event to force a PU over them, as Austria. Never seen them cockblock me like THAT before. New developments from the AI mean I'm willing to accept some praise thrown on it, it's more of a change than I've seen with any previous DLC/patch. Well, maybe not the full retard that was coalitions right out of the gates, but that wasn't positive difficulty.

Multiple people told him to fuck off. What is that to you? Kisses and hugs? And I am sorry, but you already proved you are a very new so you don't get to have much of an opinion on the matter anyway. Similar to how he did even though he was trying very hard to pretend it is otherwise. And yes, it is an important factor when you have obvious idiocy directly linked to it.
Now please deal with it and shut up about it.

Do you have anything OTHER than a gatekeeper mentality? Now you're dictating standards of evidence to determine authority or the lack thereof? Holy shit, you act like some officious twelve year old.

How about you deal with the fact other people are gonna have opinions different from yours, buddy?

This is my new reply to you.

Thanks, I'll take that as a win.

Multiple people? You and one other person. Multiple people also told you to fuck off, more than two in fact. You are in the minority here kid.

Must be hard for your father. Raising an autistic child… It can't be easy.

WEW

Another user screencapped his playthrough as a kang in an earlier thread, having a fucking lecture about how easy it is to break the whole institutions system – he was ranked as a great power, while not having even discovered North Africa or Europe. All he had to do was overdevelop a province to ridiculous levels and he got the institution he needed

Why don't you fuck off as well, moron? Did he trigger you? Are we too toxic and problematic for you? Do you feel this site needs to be accessible for everyone? Go choke on a log of shit.

I thought the anons posting about another 4cuck exodus in other threads lately were just exagerrating, but holy shit this is that kind of cancer right there

Best playthrough with the Napoleon mod so far. Have to put down liberals frequently, but in small numbers - very manageable. The Hungarian uprisings occur about as frequently as the Olympics, so hunting Hungarians is a national sport at this point.

And of course butt hurt Turks and Italians are always trying to reclaim their territory. Feel smug about it all though, I own Venice and Jerusalem.

And of course, as the case is with the Turks, I use 'reclaim their territory' rather loosely. I'll take Constantinople by the games end.

How fairs your Empire /gsg/?

Hahahha this is just too damn hilarious. Guy has no idea what sage is and thinks the ones telling him don't know. Now that's ironic.

That doesn't make any sense. He would still need to pay insane amounts of money, that a non western nation shouldn't have that early, to embrace all the institutions that way. Otherwise it would spread from that one province really, really slow.

Or are you saying he only got one institution that way? Because then where is the problem? All he got was a 50% tech cost increase negated, out of a total of hundreds of percents.

If you knew, you would have been using it with a lot of your posts. I don't blame you for being so new that there was no one to teach you the proper way. I blame you for being new, retarded and not even wanting to be honest about.

The overwhelming irony of your posts…
It was funny at first but now it's just sad that someone as clueless as you exists.

Hiro has declared again that halfchan is dying. Supposedly it costs 90k a month.

To use your own logic, saying that sage is not a downvote doesn't actually mean you know what it is supposed to be used for.

Come on man, would rather add robmod than those awful mods. Liang is fine, add Normandymod I think someone on halfchan is working on it again, and replace KR with BAI, that mod is great imo.

This is my first playthrough of EU3. I'm Sicily. I managed to inherit Sardinia early on and I have the second largest navy in the mediterranean right now, next to Venice. Naples tried to take Messina from me but were forced to agree to a white peace because they couldn't cross the strait. I want to race the superpowers to trade 6 and get explorers so I can grab as many colonies as possible. Do I have a chance? I'm assuming I need explorers before I can discover and colonize new land.

Also, is there anything I can do about nationalism in a province besides wait the 30 years?

I haven't played them all so that is why I asked what else people would like to see. It is better to say instead of meme arrowing.

I know about all the drama with Ultimate, but didn't know what else to add. Kaiserreich is known as a good mod for DH and it seems popular for Vic2 too so I decided to put it.

Isn't Liang dead? Or I got bad links maybe.

DH for V2 is crap.

What mod for Vicky 2 will make rebels spawn more rarely? It's taking all the fun out of the game when Germany gets millions of Jacobin rebels constantly. Once they're dead, another few million spawn, and then again, and again.

Can't you first eat some more islands to get more and more in range of American colonies?

Vassallize your next conquests, ally them and wait for xty years till the diplomatic annexation costs fall and you get free cores on that shit

Canary and those other atlantic islands are still incognito. Can I unfog them without explorers? I'm ten years away from trade 6 either way. I'm planning to try and colonize africa at first. I'm still learning the game so I'm not completely sure how it works.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm on the HIP mod. It occurs every 5 years forcing me to resign and reload the save.

Its a shitty meme mod, the DH devs hate it. Liang is dead but its an alt history mod and its bug free.

Is 0.1 the latest version for Liang?

Even Paradox knows about the true nature of elves

IIRC it means your game is different version than the mod

A

Seems like a case of version conflicts.

Thanks I'll reinstall the correct version

Yeah

did faggot mods delete new thread again?

With few exceptions, you can't explore a territory without an explorer or conquistador. The exceptions I know of:
-Portugal gets missions that allow them to find Azores and Madeira by just putting a ship in an adjacent sea province.
-If you border a Terra Incognita province after a while it'll be revealed (you obviously can't use this to find an island unless it's only separated from your province by a crossable straight).
-The province is owned or held by somebody you are at war with, in that case you can just march your troops in (but it will take them much longer than normal to reach the province).
-Map spread, the provinces known by countries you know are eventually revealed to you, I think it takes 50 years for knowledge to spread within a tech group and even longer to spread from countries in one tech group to countries in another.

So your options to find those islands are either get explorers/conquistadors and use them to find them, wait for somebody else to find them and then wait some more for the knowledge to spread to you, or wait for somebody else to find and settle them, then declare war on that country and seize them/burn the colony and resettle the province.

If you are dying to try out colonizing you could conquer the Southern end of Morocco, then find out about Rio de Oro (the province right to the South of that) from bordering it, and then settle that, but it's not a terribly valuable province and you'll probably be able to get Quest before doing all that.

What? It is too early for a new thread anyway.

Ate my picture.

Damn sorry I'm going insane
Here's some screencaps from my Germany-Soviet alliance run through
Swedish cucks put up a tough fight

what's even the point of such a playthrough? There's nobody in the world that could pose even a remote challenge

What's a cool, non-meme, non-kebab country to play as in EU4 (with VeF I guess)

Got bored from just playing BYZ.

Bohemia

lol ok

USA is piss easy to beat if you launch a fascist coup and use them as a breakout point. I've done it twice and the only real issue is supplying across the Atlantic is an absolute mess unless you've configured your divisions properly with stuff like maintenance companies.

Was talking in RL fam. In HoI4 its pretty simple to conquer the world as Luxembourg

Fair enough, fam.

In other news, Italy still can't fucking defend itself without Aryan Steel.

This

Almost 5 months after release and Italy still consistently gets conquered in under a year by the UK. Christ.

Does Germany AI still lose half its army trying to ship units from North Germany to Ethiopia (going around the south of Africa because Gibraltar blocks the med)?

At less one thing is right

You know you're Aragoning when you got Castille in a PU and you made Portugal your bitch.

Yeah what's so unbelievable about Italy getting rekt fast. Sounds like Italy all right.

Are the older games (CK, Victoria, EU1/2) still worth playing?

They don't have a lot of content in them compared to CK2, Victoria 2 and so on.

I want HoI4 fags to leave.

Be the new Rome with Bulgaria :^)

Agree.

There are a multitude of reasons to play HoI3 and EU3 over EU4 and HoI4. Are there any for the older generation?

Somewhat. The major problem is the UI which you'll have to relearn. Big difference in Victoria 1 was that you had to manually split pops, which can get kind of complicated, instead of the pops promoting or demoting on their own. I forget how it works exactly. There was some guy many years ago doing a Texas playthrough with some ultra-historical mod. I remember CK being somewhat popular back before CK2 came out but I don't think I've ever seen anyone play EU1 or 2.

New

Venice
:^)

The date July 18, 1940. It has been over two months since we went to war with France and Britain, and therefore two months since the commencement of Operation Risotto. Here's a status report:

We have been unable to break through the French border due to deeply-entrenched units, sturdy fortifications, disgusting incompetence in our officers and cowardice in our men. Initially, our forces there enjoyed a numerical advantage of 5 to 1, but despite this, we were left with defeat and a casualty ratio of the same rate. The French have reinforced their army there since then, and now that they have reached numerical parity with us, it is impossible to expect any more breakthroughs. At least we are keeping a large number of Frenchmen away from our German ally.

Corsica remains untaken. Our men were slaughtered at the beaches.

Our drive into Tunisia has been met with an unexpected flanking maneuver. Once again our forces have shown incompetence in that they are not even able to best their French counterparts on a 1-on-1 basis. If there is any tactical victory at all, is it due to our superior numbers, good terrain, and a lack of enemy fortifications. There is a risk of our forces here of being encircled and destroyed, and so we have sent our battered transport fleet to land two corps - one infantry and one marine - in order to alleviate the situation.

Malta also remains untaken. Our troops did not achieve the quick victory we envisioned and the Royal Navy came knocking. We lost the entire corps assigned to take Malta, but at the cost of 3 British capital ships. Add this with three more from other engagements and we have brought down at least 6 Allied capital ships.

Egypt has mostly been successful. Our drive towards Cairo has thus far been, hard, and met with unexpected British medium armor, but it is only a matter of time now before Port Said falls.

Ethiopia is a stalemate. There was initial Allied success, but we have contained the breakthrough and shall ship in reinforcements as soon as we take the Suez Canal.