TFW no RPG based on flat earth "theory" where you explore the new continents and civilizations past the arctic

I want more videogames based on conspiracy bullshit because they usually have a cool concept to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9lTB0hTNU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you want flat earth shitposting, you could just go to the space games thread and get the ball rolling.

its crap

next

Actually it was more about conspiracy bullshit that would make cool videogames.
Dues ex is obviously the best example of this.
I would play a reptilian game where you find civilizations that live in the center of the earth.

Grandia is kinda like that because of the wall.

hard to argue with those digits

There are flat earth theorists all around the globe.

heh

kek

The guys that made Expeditions: Conquistador are making a Viking themed game in the same vein, but more elaborate and with a central village/hub from which you can go on raids and expeditions.

Not what you're asking for, but it's the closest we are gonna get, and actually getting to play proper Vikings for a change is always welcome.

Custom Robo on the Gamecube had a flat earth world, though it turned out that was just because everyone had walled themselves in on one continent because the rest of the planet was fucked by Armageddon.

I'm surprised there isn't a game like They Live. It would be great, the beginning could be you sneaking around the aliums, then by the end you're staging a full on rebellion and fighting hordes of them.

but if the earth is a flat disc and the arctic is the middle, with the antarctic as the outer edge, how is there more land? Does this nigger think we'll be able to lower an elevator or something onto the other side of the disc? Even if we could, wouldn't it be a bunch of empty dark rock, since the sun spins over the other side? How could you even be sure gravity would hold you there, it very well could go in only one direction

user, it will just keep you up at night.

They think that the earth goes on possibly forever and after you cross the arctic there is just more land

Of course they don't have a shred of evidence to support that.

Well they have exactly one shred of "evidence" that "supports" their entire theory, that being that if you look off in the distance at the horizon it doesn't appear curved.

but that doesn't explain why there would be more land. Use it as evidence for the earth being flat, sure, but if part of the theory is that the media and governments have been hiding it by diverting all airplane travel and not letting people near the actual antarctic, than it would be assumed that the reason is because the land gives way to an edge. There's no reason to hide the antarctic otherwise, so where does the idea that there's more land come from?

Why would you assume the governments are keeping them away from the antarctic to keep them away from an edge? Maybe they just want to make sure everyone stays in their lands so they have to keep paying taxes.

You guys are killing me.

Not as quickly as a drop off the edge of the world might.

Does it have a happy ending?

I wish this still worked.

I'm not a fan of flat earthers, but Admiral Byrd's interview about Antarctica doesn't make any sense. Not sure why someone of his stature would lie about something like this.

The games aren't about it, but the Discworld is flat.

Yeah. The ending where all the foreigners and sympathisers like yourself get fucking gassed, strung up, or shot.

because keeping them away from new lands wouldn't be proof of a flat earth, just that the earth was larger.

so do I

Friend, you ssound tense and rather ssstressed. Have you taken your medicine today?

I'd agree with you about the ayy lmao part in Area 51, but almost everything else is actually real.

The ayys are also pretty redpilled considering corporations are copyrighting all manner of genetic sequences and likely doing illegal and unethical genetic research even today.

If I remember correctly, the authors of doosex just took whatever conspiracy theories they could find at the time and wrote them in the game. The fact that a lot of them turned out to be true was more of a coincidence than anything, so it's fair to say that it was based on conspiracy bullshit at the time.

Golden Sun

Maybe powerful people secrectly collaborating isn't as far fetched as you have been taught to believe.

Technically every game world ever made is "flat"

In fact, it would be neat for developers to have such attention to detail that they make a large open world that follows the Earths curvature

What I mean is that it wasn't planned by the developers. They didn't put it in, knowing it to be true.

They tried somewhat with animal crossing and the log world

When the devs are throwing actual statistic at you, I doubt they were doing it because it's part of the "bullshit" they found on some tinfoil site. You can see in in DX:HR what happens when a writer who lives in a time when believing in the possibility of conspiracies is anti-intellectual writes about conspiracies.

It would be like a reversed X-Com but with more occult themes as well.

What about Space Engine

It's not even secretly in real life. What do you think lobbying is?

A game where you play as the conspiracy would be a laugh. Especially since, reflecting all the absurd and contradictory theories, no one can agree on how exactly to take over the world, and the egomaniacs in charge keep 'subtly' putting their logo everywhere for no reason and put mind control chips in crazy homeless people instead of anyone actually useful.

I'd rather explore alien worlds

Your game sounds shit and I hope it never exists.

But, the curvature of the earth is the reason why Horizons exist in the first place.

Reminded of the crazy neonazi conspiracy theorist who thinks mesas are actually giant trees and the Jews are covering it up

It could even be a scifi setting in the end, video very related.

I'd rather have a RPG set on/in a hollow Earth, similar to Septerra Core, but with each stratum fully enclosing the ones it contains.

See vid related.

But it does appear curved, you idiot.

Why wouldn't they instead settle those lands and make them pay taxes? That's exactly what the European powers did during the colonial era.

OK, biting it and regretting nothing.
Then how are artificial satellites working at all? Explain the GPS for starters.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9lTB0hTNU

There's golden sun

Actually not as crazy a theory as some would think. We have barely touched the surface of the underground.

I've always waited for a sort of Ring World/Dyson sphere game tbh. Maybe a game where all the planets are inverted and you have to venture in each one to discover what they held. Certain ones planets are inhabited and well lit while others are like exploring an ants nest full of horrifying atrocities.

I actually wanted to make a game like that, you'd be able to play as six conspiracies.
Nazis
Satanists
Jews
Aliums
Hwyte males/secret government/freemasons
A.I.
It would be, like you said, like a reverse xcom where you have a team to "take over" different areas and assasinate opposing leaders
You'd compete with the other conspiracies, and each "faction" would have different bonuses

Certain planets*

Why do people think that new civilizations are going to peaceful de facto? When the New World was discovered all we found where stone age savages that either cut peoples hearts out or skinned their heads while they were still alive. Even assuming that any new civilization would be more advanced than us then, lol, we were right cheeky cunts to all the less advanced societies we met and I see no reason why any more advanced humans would do the same shit to us.

Therapeutic Science and Therapeutic Historic Revisionism needs to end now.

lol

bump

sage

or Holla Forums. They love flat earth

That's because they weren't White.

:^)

Please, some were peaceful, hell, thanksgiving is based around a tribe of indians that sought to help the settlers.

Doesn't Wurm already do this without explicitly stating the world is flat?

Reported.

Beats me.
I still have yet to get a flatfag explanation for differences in seasonal daylight based on latitude.
Until flatfags come up with something to explain why December in Alaska means no sun until 11:00 while in Hawaii it's up all day, they deserve all the bullying they can get.

Bump for potential idea guy ideas from this premise. I want something interesting.

Sure are a lot of coincidences here.

this webum made my browser explode

Terranigma starts off with the MC living inside a hollow Earth and his job is to resurrect the continents on the surface world and reboot civilisation. Not spoilers, that's literally the first hour of the game.

Wait, they still haven't fixed that?

So, it starts out as a metal gear clone and evolves into full blown dick kickem by the end?

Have you played Syndicate? Factions aside I think you'd like it.

S waves and P waves, man. Indirect measurements do the trick.

Having spent a lot of time in their midst, I believe their explanation is that the sun's daily circular path around the north pole slowly shrinks in radius from December to June, and grows in radius from June to December. For reasons.
From there, all you have to do to have night and day is pretend that perspective and trigonometry doesn't work the way it does, because on a flat earth the sun should be visible at all times from every point. This is how you do it.
>when it gets "too far away" perspective makes it look like the sun approaches the horizon just as it becomes time for the dark edge of the spotlight to pass over you

Disc World

Wolfenstein

Space vidya with flat planets but otherwise realistic universe would be pretty interesting.
Hollow earth and hollow moon theories are neat, too.

It'd be more interesting if you'd create your own secret society and fight the established secret societies and governments. When you get rid of them all, the Annunaki/Nibiruans return and acts as the final boss

This is definately how it should be. NWO nazi-jew-lizard people are all cool, but creating and customizing your own conspiracy would be awesome.

The one thing that I've never been able to figure out about the flat earth theory is the conspiracy aspect of it. For sake of argument assuming the earth was flat, why would some vast global cabal spend the time and effort to create and maintain a "globe hoax"? Who benefits?

Do flat earthers consider the universe infinite? If so it could be to hide that there's more continents beyond the part of earth we live in.

If you dont go all out and do full planets having curvature is pointles and a waste of resources, since there is little benefit, but you still have to adjust physics, AI and so on.

Yea, but the fact that it gets kind of hot down there to the point where everything becomes liquid and the pressure increases the further you go its somewhat unlikely.
That and messuring tectonic waves.

Don't think i don't see what you did there you cheeky fuck.
Checked, very nice.

Are the sun and moon flat as well? Why do they spin around in circles over the earth?

What browser? It effected Firefox and Chrome 2 years ago but I though everyone had fixed it by now.

Very smart people still suffer the same issues as everyone else, they get alzheimer's, they lie, they lose their mind ect.
A friend of mine tries to use the fact an astronaut claims area 51 has aliens as proof while ignoring the fact that another astronaut wore a diaper on a non-stop cross country trip that ended in her killing her boyfriend.

Everyone can lose their mind and many do.

Your retard friend wasn't one of the most prestigious American explorers who just before this interview did Operation Highjump, a very complex operation that required lots of planning and organization. Impressive for someone with the early stages of Alzheimer's like you say.

Afterwards he did Operation Deep Freeze, just as complex. Impressive for someone with Alzheimer's.

Thanks for your sharing your interesting story though, sounds like a real lad.