Series with no bad games

Series with no bad games

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eon_Ticket#Generation_VI
amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00121436
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Descent 3 was good?

X/Y was shit.

It was okay. Not as good as 1 and 2, but not bad.

"Same shit every year" does not make it a bad game.

But they weren't

Are you the pokefag from the rpg thread? X/Y were garbage.

Only the top row is good games though.

3D Mario. Smash Bros. Mario Kart. Fire Emblem. F Zero. Mount and Blade.

i remember Mass Attack being pretty shit
at least it had good minigames

BW lacked post game but, it was very courageous to not have any old Pokemon. BW2 was legendary.

XY was shit though, same for ORAS. SUMO will be hot trash too because Gamefreak is worn out and can't unfuck it's shit this generation.

What about series with no games?

Even if Super and Color Splash has the charming writing or tries to have it of the first two games, nothing can possibly redeem Sticker Star

I played the first ar tonelico and it was horrible generic garbage.

Virtua Fighter is the only fighting game series with no bad games.

Gen 6 as a whole was a contentless unoptimized piece of trash whose only redeeming qualities were available in a free web browser game. And if the S&M demo is anything to go by; gamefreak still can't program 3d games worth shit.

I don't really see the relevance.

It was pretty good at it's time.

But it wasn't.

But they weren't.

But that's wrong.
What in the demo made you think that?

inb4 pokemon gen 6 apologist derails the thread

DP, XY and ORAS were shit.

Okay, explain why it wasn't then.

oh right I'm on Holla Forums

pic

Paper Mario is not a series with no bad games

ORAS is shit first of all because in terms of a remake, it's not even fucking close to what LGFR and HGSS did with what they were remaking.

I tried so fucking hard to like Mass Attack, but in the end I couldn't. It not only feels way too different with not enough gameplay wise to make it that enjoyable or even particularly good music, but Kirby can fucking literally die in the game.

Sold it recently to get Digimon World Dawn and never regretted it.

ORAS is one of few games I can see as a blatant shameless cash in intended to sell on nostalgia alone.

It really does feel like they didn't even care unlike the previous remakes.

No. Don't even try.

Shitter Star is a disgrace to the entire RPG genre.

nope, dumbass Holla Forums hipster, COD4 is a great game

XY featured just as much content as past Pokemon games and even more, the difficulty was similar to every other game in the series (as if Pokemon games were ever difficult), the UI system was polished and well done, the 3D environments looked great and Luminose City was amazing to explore, battles looked alright though I disliked how they were a step back from how Battle Revolution did 3D battles and that SOMETIMES (not a majority of the time like people like to meme) the frame rate drops but since it's a turn based RPG does it really matter that much? People complain about lack of post game when the main game takes quite a while to play through and there is a post game quest and a post game dungeon to engage as well as a Battle Tower-clone and online battles to do. There is more post-game in XY than in RBY/RS/DP/BW objectively.

How? ORAS expanded on RS just as much as the other two did and had more features than RSE and XY. The only gripe people ever give is the Battle Frontier not existing/being teased but not delivered and Zinnia being a shit character in Delta Episode, and even then I bet if the Battle Frontier was in ORAS people would still complain about it because they're casuals who don't even play stuff like the Battle Frontier.

mario

No ORAS did not expand on as much as LGFR and HGSS did.
Go on and look at the lists of changes between the originals and the remakes for all of those games and you'll see that ORAS is laughable if compared to the other two.
You can try to argue it's an okay pokemon game if you want, but you cannot tell me it's as good of a remake as the other two.

Serious Sam
Metal Gear Solid
Quake (for now)
Super Mario Land/Wario Land
Metal Slug (repetitive, but not bad on their own)
Dragon Quest
True Crime
Timesplitters
F-Zero

I dont think kirby 64 is good. cool ideas and stuff, but the game is unbearably slow for me

Kirby 64 is my favorite Kirby. I can see how you don't like it for being slow. To each their own I guess.

I would say Etrian Odyssey but EO2U's DLC fuckery ruined that.

It is. The speed is the only thing wrong with it.

My original justification to buy a 3DS was to play the updated version of Ruby when it was eventually released. I'm fucking disgusted.
I Invested 15 hours and – barring an industry crash to purge the cancer – I'm never buying a Pokemon game again.

what's the worst metal gear game, while we're on the topic? i vote the first metal gear because it has really bad graphics no but really i hated GZ, i really couldn't get into it because it was so edgy and dark

Despite those games not being too great, I'll never not love the Kirbs.

Air Ride really is a shit game.

they were too beautiful for this world

>flying on Mega [email protected]/* */

I'd say it has just as much.

If Omega Ruby was as Crystal is to G/S, I would have been a happy customer. But it's not. It's shit. You can paint things positively, but it would be just as easy for me to draw up a list of shitty negatives.

How wasn't it?
Sounds like you just have a case of bad taste.

KYS

ORAS apologists are pathetic.

You're welcome to your opinion and all that, user, but you gots some explainin' to do.

Air Ride is universally considered a great game. You just have shit taste.

Well, then, let me draw up a list for you. I'll try to keep it fair and spell out my negative bias where it's obvious.
Pluses and minuses, but if you don't take your 3DS out in public, there's no chance to obtain the item.
Yes, it wasn't in R/S, but this is the remake. They integrated elements from Emerald, so this was a no-brainer.
Some will see this as a plus, but I was never a fan of megas from the start. It strikes me as Super-Saiyan-God-Saiyan-plus-one playground nonsense.
This would have been easy to create. It was a unique area that added more flavor to Route 111.
Minor, but fuck.
Yeah, yeah, European laws and shit. Since they couldn't make it, they should have just omitted it. The notice was a frustrating tease.
An interesting dungeon gone, and one of the more memorable for pulling the voltorb item trick.
The route on the Way to Lilycove where the rain breaks up is now a fly-through route. You're no longer forced to take the long way through if you want to bike.
Entirely subjective, but fuck.

Now, I will admit that the expansion of Sea Mauville and Scorched Slab were nice. Both those areas deserved more and got them. I'll also agree that Wally getting his own theme was a nice change.

I can personally say that MW3 and Ghosts are quite literally two of the worst games ever made. All COD games have massive flaws, balancing issues, and a lack of depth and originality, but those two are just absolutely 100% dogshit. Most COD games are just mediocre and not fun, but those fucking games are actively shitty. Fuck.

How is stuff that adds to the game not content?
asked for a list of content not a list of if it was good content.
Except they weren't
Congrats, you're wrong on all accounts.

Kill yourself.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eon_Ticket#Generation_VI

Compared to the other user your other points are actually valid. Congrats.

This is desperate.

Well, this is something stupid you've said about previous games just to defend your shit.

Temporary forms exclusive to battle to give different abilities and stats. It's the same thing, dumbass.

Now you're just lying. Fuck off.

what? no. Where the fuck are you getting that?

The pace sucks, the crystal shard collectathon sucks, but I wish they would've kept the element combining in some way. That shit was cool as fuck.

Where the fuck am I?

it had not a lot of tracks.

what was there was good though. Especially the music

all the cancerous meme spouting aside, that's a pretty cool picture

dude

you have a point. The only thing a sequel would need to improve on would be to add more tracks/stars/colors/powerups etc.
but god damn, I could play that city mode for hours and still have as much fun as I did when I was 12

Indeed. Don't forget about the phone games either.

I could go on.

Is it wrong when the first game I think of for Kirby being a good series is Super Star/Super Star Ultra?

Not at all, it still is the pinnacle of its series.

No, it's objectively one of the better Kirby games, if not the best. The sheer amount of content it has compared to other Kirby games is impressive.
Ultra is one of the better games for the DS overall, probably in the top five for anyone that likes platformers.

I may have just properly gotten into the series recently, but I still feel so fucking bad for all the veterans. I can't believe they would ever remove something so iconic and loved like that, especially for an anniversary celebration.

You can go on and on about wonderfully good things about super star.
I remember one of my favorite things was the newly added move lists to each power ups giving them all a degree of depth in how to preform certain attacks.
Honestly if nintendo wanted to make a perfect kirby game. They should just give us a kirby game featuring kirby and the amazing mirror's mini metroid-vania and super stars lightly expanded mechanics.

Ultra in particular is my idea of how to make a good game crammed full of content. Not only do you have various little stories to play through with quirks and bosses they have to offer, but also you can unlock being able to go through a long, but entertaining boss gauntlet with any of the fun powers you want in the game as energetic gladiator music plays and even play as the regular enemies with little quirks to their own movesets. As well as a shorter, by even harder one with the strongest new bosses after unlocking and clearing the new additions.

I honestly can't understand how a battle royale multiplayer game with copy abilities hasn't taken off. The series is fucking perfect for it and Kirby Fighters should have been a Hell of a lot more of a success than it is. Even if it is digital.

Mario Kart Mario Kart 7 was a low point, but still a good game
Kid Icarus
Gradius
Ogre Battle

Why does anyone shit on Double Dash? All I know about 7 was the hilarious assrage from Waluigi randomly not being playable as well as people not liking the gliders.

I felt Double Dash was kinda slow.

But then again, I was playing F-Zero X by that time.

gen1-5 is debatable on which games were underwhelming, but gen6 is objectively terrible

except it isn't

yes user, they are

Those aren't accomplishments in not having bad games you niggers

Full house, impressive. And not without warrant. It's amazing how many games they made with Kirby that were good and they all have distinct gameplay differences from each other.

And the spinoffs Pinball, Block Ball, Dream Course, Star Stacker, Avalanche, et al were great spin-offs.

For me, Modern Warfare 3 was the point when the shark got jumped over. I was disappointed in how it was a drop in fun factor from Black Ops 1. Plus, prone movement has always been a pain in the ass in those games.

They never did make a VJ 3. They probably should not have dicked around with DS and PSP titles, tbh.

see

>tfw no one ever talks about Epic Yarn despite being in my opinion one of the best Kirby games.

I think a lot of people shit on Epic Yarn for being too easy, but of course you're supposed to be trying to complete levels without losing gems.
Still one of my favorite games, it warms my cold heart.

Criticizing a Kirby game for being too easy is kinda redundant though. It felt like Epic Yarn knew this and decided to focus on being comfy instead.

It wasn't a bad game it was about on par with Apollo Justice, imo. There are meh entries but there aren't any bad games.

It's funny, I really enjoyed Epic Yarn yet Wooly World was so mediocre, despite being made by the same team. Somehow it lacked that comfy feeling.

objectively shit gen especially after the high points there were HG/SS & B2/W2

Seconding. Donkey Kong has no bad games.
And Dick Freeze was god tier.

FRLG
HGSS
ORAS

Smash counts

Real nigga shit comin thru

smt

Gex 3 sucked ass though.

People will definitely disagree with me on the first one but it's probably my favorite. It has the best aesthetic.

mw3 had infected and not-shit killstreaks. Ghosts had nothing, it even came right after BO2, making it look even worse by comparison.

ALMOST
FUCK NINTENDO AND FUCK THE WIIU

Never played Air Ride, but 64 was fun as shit.
Don't get me wrong it had its flaws, but it wasn't a bad game.

Yakuza
Legacy of Kain the Nosgoth ASSFAGGOTS doesn't count because it never fully completed development and neither did that Dead Sun reboot thank God
Gran Turismo some of the Forza games are arguably better but that series isn't as consistent with its quality, also PSP GT was the weakest game but still not bad
Syphon Filter
Chrono
Infamous
Sega Arcade Racing series

DK64 was a poor man's Banjo-Kazooie with autistic, tedious level design and some of the worst mini games in history.

Nigga, did you even play it!?

Serious Sam 2

Skate 4 never

What's wrong with Serious Sam 2?

5 exists and it's shit, PSP GT is a fucking masterpiece in comparison.

What was wrong with 5? It wasn't the best but I thought it was fine.

But Second Son exists.

M3 = M1 for story though M1's is way more fleshed-out, M3 has best gameplay of all 3

Earthbound's the weakest link of the series

Can you please explain? It's the only one I haven't played because it's the only one not readily playable in English on a GBA.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-4 are all perfect.

Kirby was never good. You're clearly too underaged to play real good games.

Omega Strain was shit

That series was never even good from the first one

They're part of the Underground series and beyond, quit picking favorites, and THPS4 is overrated as it's basically a test run for the overrated story driven shit fest that was Underground.

You also forgot pic related

They're all shit and you know it. Not to mention even normalfags hated Ghosts and Advanced Warfare.

skate on pc would be nice

Quite easy, music's bland in a great many places, story is horrid (tosses out everything Mother 1 established for "this guy you don't know named giygas is back, also you're the chosen one"). Did however establish rolling HP meters and the surprise-attack system of enemies being on the overworld.

You're sure right, fellow mature gamer.
Let's go play a game with some real deep themes and gameplay, like Gone Home!

That's an interesting perspective.

Usually I think of Mother 3 as the weakest in the series because it looses a lot of the small-town America charm of the previous games. It feels too modern in my opinion, although maybe that's the point.

As far as the gameplay goes though, I agree that the 3rd is the best by far.

explain why it was shit, lol.

Itoi's rager for a complete lack of continuity certainly doesn't help matters, Earthbound has no connection to Mother outside of PSI and Giygas and Mother 3 has no connection to either previous game besides PSI and Porky along with a couple vague allusions to the Nowhere Islands possibly being a Magicant.

I didn't really mind that Mother 1 and 2 are essentially the same story, because they go about it in very different ways.
I don't really know if they are supposed to have any continuity in that case.

But I was pretty upset about the fan service in Mother 3 though. I wouldn't say the game felt like a cash-in, but it did feel a little bit wrong somehow. I can't put my finger on it.

Problem is they're the same general core but with the second game being exponentially worse in terms of story quality, no family-conflict or old grudges or having to beat a gang-leader into submission before he's your friend or figuring out a bit more of what PSI is exactly, just "you're the chosen one go pick up the songs here are your friends who are friends with you instantly".

M3 being fanservice doesn't surprise me considering most of it was concentrated around Porky who evidently greatly valued his time in Onett even while fucking hating everyone and everything. That and the dev-hell the game went through, with most stuff being repurposed, recycled or remade from the original N64 draft of the game.

I always thought the point in mother 2 wasn't so much the lore itself but the presentation. The story is simple but the atmosphere is rich. It's kind of similar to the first that way, you're just off to go defeat an alien and the events during the journey are what makes it interesting.

I would almost say the third is too lore focused to the point it neglects the atmosphere of the game for the writing. The things that happen almost feel contrived and the chapter system is stifling. But then again, I don't know, maybe that's the point?

all of gen 5 and all of gen6 are undeniably garbage
"muh 5 is good" faggots are just teenagers

Retards will destroy their own arguments.

Fuck off.

here's to (you) since you seem to want it so much

Why is gen 5 undeniably garbage?

Don't waste your time, user.

canverse curse was pretty shit same with the woolly world shit

what if sticker star doesnt exist? what if we corrected the record?

im assuming spinoffs count as their own series?

there are plenty of army men games, i havent played them all and id be willing to believe some of them are lousy. but all the army men games that follow the original formula are pretty solid.

as for warcraft, orcs and humans can be difficult to get back in to because its interface is pretty clunky, but i wont call it bad just because it aged poorly.

i also want to add parodius to the post but im at 5 images.

If you disregard amiibo Festival and Happy Home Designer as spin offs and only count 4 main AC games if would fit as a perfect series, user.

I thought that was a Yoshi game.

You mean ORAS. ORAS was pretty bad.

Honestly, a lot of the games before Advance Wars were pretty mediocre. Famicom Wars is barely playable after playing any of the sequels.

I vaguely remembered playing a demo of this. Went & downloaded the full game & played it all day on emulator. It's fetch quests out the ass, but still really good.

Autistic manchild detected

Most franchises have no bad games, Holla Forums just has absurd standards where anything short of a 9/10 is "bad".

Don't tell me you didn't know Fast Racing is a series

8/10

0 didn't even try.

2nd one is better

:^)

fuck you duels is terrible. And the New one is even worse.

They have a "hearthstone" tier online magic project in the pipe–works that better not fuck up or I will be so angry.

I don't think actual in universe Magic duels revolve around cards do they?

That shit always confused me. How the fuck does a Planeswalker summon Emrakul? Isn't that shit dangerous?

You mean the retarded snobs do.

They don't sum up all of Holla Forums and I've learned that. It's just a fucking infestation they've always dealt with.

I assume there's some bullshit about how summoning gives you allegiance or something, I'm not really familiar with the lore too much.

Doesn't it only have that one game though?

ODST is the better bungie cyberpunk game

user?

But Doom 3 was ass… and some people hate the shit out of nuDoom (haven't played it so can't say for sure). Doom 1 and 2 (and TNT/Plutonia/whatever) are the only good parts we can all agree on.

Zero Es-
Oh wait, ZTD exists. Fuck.

TNT is pretty bad though.
Holy fucking shit what a godawful map.
And Plutonia is overall solid, but suffers from the problem of revenants and chaingunner snipers EVERYWHERE.

I started the 2nd one; it seems clunky. It has dialog boxes popping up all the time to tell you what directions you can go. In the first one, it was usually visually apparent when you could change to a background or foreground area,

We've got someone with good taste, here.

Questionable, though Sengoku is a masterpeice

You were saying?

Here's an interesting thought experiment: Does Pokemon have even one good game? Surely there's at least one in there?

Pokemon Snap maybe?

HGSS and B2W2

Oh wait, Pokemon Puzzle League!

Shame you have to mute it to enjoy it though.

Also sadly, this exists. Metal Slug 4 is also infuriating to single-credit clear.

is this bait? we all know that MG and MG2 were the only good games.

Is there a series with more consistent high quality than Raiden?

That's eight superb games if you include the Raiden Fighters games.

It's as much a "series" as the Kirby franchise is anyway.

Sorry fam, Shit Controls: The Game exists and so does Gradius IV.

I don't know how the other games in the series work, but Earthbound is hot garbage by virtue of that awful inventory system.

Touhou is shit. Play Hellsinker if you ever wonder what a good Touhou might look like.

havent played the spinoffs yet.

There are people who don't like DD?
It's easily in the top 3

Even if DK64 was shit Which it's not because it has Lanky Kong user posted DKC not DK

Oni was terrible, kill yourself Bungie hipster.

i respect your right to have shit taste, user.

You cheeky cunt

Raiden
Mahou Daisakusen
Star Soldier
Parodius (Otomedius doesn't count)
TwinBee
Shikigami no Shiro

Surprisingly made by blizzard.

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00121436

I kinda want this.

Pretending Absolution doesn't exist

I even liked AoW3 man, even if it should have been called AoW: civilization.

I like playing this with friends casually since there is no real penalty and we can just BS

The same can be said of any non-game. Epic Yarn is a bad game.

Might be wrong, but aren't series fans not particularly fond of Qoga? I suppose I'm not sure if that makes it a bad game in general or just a bad entry in the series though.

Nigger have you even played hgss? Or even BW?
It was broken on release.
Wrong again. Not to mention the collision detection makes you get caught on corners all the time. BW looked ten times better with well-done sprites.

Way lower enemy count and the whole game feels like a dreamworks movie compared to funny references, oneliners and weird designs here and there in otherwise "serious" game

Croteam mentioned a lot they want to remake the SS2 after the 4, probably to be finally able to push the story forward instead of pretending the game doesn't exist

No developer can account for a lack of taste.

Actual fans do like it.

Your opinion is what's bad.

Their worst felt weak, shit's strong, but the gameboy advance sucked tremendous dick.

Mario pinball

megaman because they're all extremely similar

four million dollars

Wrong. ZXA.

Had a lot of problems but playable bosses was a neat (if severely underutilized) concept as well as making the gender difference actually matter on a gameplay level compared to how Vent and Aile were handled with just crawl-speed and recoil differences. No returning Model O was horseshit and it left off on a cliffhanger for something big though.

Then they axed the series.

As far as I'm aware they didn't officially axe it, just left it where it sat like every other Mega Man game.

MMan8, MM&B, MM9, MM10
X4-X8
Z1-Z4
ZX

All right all right, I'll concede that ZX wasn't bad.

You've got some shit taste, fam. Only downside was the script being still kinda crap.

Epic Yarn was a good game

Easy, but good.

the objective is to find a series with no bad games.

it wasnt a game user. it was an electronic activity for children. like minecraft creative mode. it failing to be a game makes it a bad game, in the same way orange juice is a terrible beer. you might like orange juice. but that is a terrible beer.

yes, im very nostalgic about red/blue hence why i put it on the same level as fucking literal grinding.

Oh, so you're one of those faggots who think every Pokemon is bad. Okay, well then it's not nostalgia it's just shit taste.

atleast red/blue was somewhat original when it came out.
remember user.
RPG:pokemon
Puzzle:candy crush
RTS: clash of clans.

you should be ashamed of yourself.
serious question. how do you justify this?

No user, it's you that should be ashamed of yourself for being a hipster.

godammit from the thumbnail it looks like she has some really pointy tiddies which is my fetish, what a let down

red/blue was more original than the games that came out afterwards. indisputable fact. theyre literally clones with more (poorly designed) monsters, and new maps.

pokemon is a game targeted towards young children user. its extremely simplistic and easy. the only challenge the game offers come from "catching them all" which is a huge repetitive grind.
please explain to me how this game offers anything more.

I was going to say pikmin but then I remembered they are raping that one.

Oh boy

Are they "literally clones"? "Literally"? Instead of being figurative clones which they actually are.

Maybe if you played them I wouldn't have to explain it to you.

You mean, a sequel?

It's piss easy and shit.

Pikmin 2 sucked anyway.

yes
No it wasn't. That glitch never was figured out fully and could occur anywhere in the game.
BW has 3D environments too

Nigga people were wanting to get rid of G rank the all of the sudden they don't? What?

Pokemon Ranger was bretty gud

those days will soon be over with that champions shit coming