Where the alt-right wants to take America — "Making Sense of the Alt-Right" by George Hawley; "Kill All Normies" by...

Where the alt-right wants to take America — "Making Sense of the Alt-Right" by George Hawley; "Kill All Normies" by Angela Nagle; and "Alt-America" by David Neiwert

If Donald Trump did not exist, it would be necessary to prevent him.

Trump’s electoral victory one year ago this week was not merely his own, nor that of the befuddled party that relinquished its nomination to him. It was also a triumph for the dark tangle of forces we’ve come to know as the alt-right.

archive.is/8gbcS

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/8gbcS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He seems scared. He should be.

David Brock?
How's his condition?

Who?

>>>/Reddit/

this article gave me aids… and i only read the first 4 paragraphs

beware

They are still buttblasted about gamergate. It must hurt them. Delicious.

muh gamergate

>anti-semitic (((Digital abuse)))
oy vey, it's another flashing gif

sage
fuck (((altright)))

go to bed leftypol

sage
fuck the (((AltRight)))

/r/The_Zionist is seriously leaking on to this board. LARPing alt-kikers.

sage

This is why no one cares about Holla Forums

Go to sleep chaim

You're on Holla Forums

This study is equal part exact as it's hilarious.

" Long before the 2016 campaign, the alt-right was already gathering strength and allies; it simply needed a standard-bearer. Then there was Trump, a leader with enough star power and authoritarian charisma to grant his alt-right supporters visibility and stature, to lower the social costs of open bigotry, to give energy to the movement’s underlying vision.
Several people have sought to interpret that vision — Hillary Clinton gave it a go with a harsh campaign speech, while Breitbart offered a sanitized taxonomy of the group — and now books on the subject are starting to pour forth. Although it’s hard to pin down a shifting collection of meme-crazed commenters, hard-core conspiracists and race-obsessed marchers long enough to bind them in hardcover, three new works make that effort from different vantage points. In “Making Sense of the Alt-Right,” University of Alabama political scientist George Hawley attempts to clarify first principles. In “Kill All Normies,” journalist Angela Nagle dives into online communities to grasp the alt-right’s subculture. And in “Alt-America,” researcher David Neiwert goes back decades to assemble the players and turning points that pushed the fringe toward the mainstream.
(Columbia University Press)
Together, these books suggest a movement with more staying power than may seem evident,
Cont disertation

archive.is/8gbcS

This is pol, not the obvious fed (((altright))) movement. Go fuck some white male gay diva asshole on your own turf. Shoo! Get lost you jewish fly!

He's on a steady diet of 2 cocks 3 times a day, administered simultaneously.

Filtered. Fuck off already

He will receive aids as this years present

is a co-opting of 1960s-style liberalism, she argues, and a dramatic departure from “church-going, upstanding, button-down, family-values conservatism.”
[Donald Trump and the alt-right: a marriage of convenience]
The counterculture never died. It just switched sides. Transgression now lives on the right; dogmatism on the left.
Nagle worries that the left — enmeshed in what she calls the “Tumblr liberalism” of gender fluidity, consumerist posturing and “performative vulnerability” — is ill-equipped to beat back the alt-right assault. She laments that even an intellectual lightweight such as Yiannopoulos can travel the country and expose the “deep intellectual rot in contemporary cultural progressivism,” which has become skilled only in purging internal dissent and reciting jargon. In its eagerness to take offense, she contends, the left has forgotten how to formulate arguments.
Neiwert looks beyond conservative schisms, left-wing failings and online subcultures to pinpoint the experiences and beliefs that bind the alt-right together, and he calls the world he finds “Alt-America” — “an alternative dimension, a mental space beyond fact or logic, where the rules of evidence are replaced by paranoia.” It is a world of Patriots and Three Percenters, a world where Ruby Ridge and Waco loom as eternal warning signs of encroaching fascism, where the federal Bureau of Land Management is more hated than the IRS. It is an environment suffused with conspiracy and grievance, where Barack Obama is a secret Muslim, climate change is a hoax, Hillary Clinton is an agent of the New World Order (always in acronym form, NWO), and where white men are the truly downtrodden — because white identity politics remains, Neiwert explains, “the beating heart of Alt-America.”

That actually wasn't a terrible article. He does make a few retarded insults towards Trump that seem only there as a means of virtue-signalling, and he also feels required to make clear that he is against racism, white-nationalism, white-supremacy, GamerGate and all the rest. But in general he does actually list what our aims are without spewing too much bile. Perhaps he thinks statements like "they want to reverse the changing demographics" are in and of themselves abhorrent, but regardless he represents how we see things pretty accurately, and even documents to some extent how our ideas are formed (whilst again making sure that everyone knows he's not 'with us' by calling us delusional for believing such things that he earlier admitted were taking place). The quotes he used were also actually pertinent to the article, and weren't just random shitposts that make us look insane or evil (something most of these faggots seem unable to resist sharing).

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised by the article.

His analysis can be too broad, as though Alt-America encompasses everything the author dislikes. (Sure, Rex Tillerson is a questionable secretary of state, but does his thinking really reveal the same degree of “extremism” as Attorney General Jeff Sessions or former national security adviser Michael Flynn?) Still, Neiwert draws some intriguing connections.
Where Hawley saw few links between the tea party movement and the alt-right, for instance, Neiwert argues that the tea party laundered the nuttiest ideas of Alt-America into the mainstream of U.S. politics. He points out that the Gadsen flag and its “Don’t tread on me” rattlesnake, a fixture at tea party rallies during Obama’s first term, was a popular symbol for militiamen out west in the 1990s. He chronicles how ranchers who took stands against federal agencies became Fox News heroes, one more way to smuggle Alt-American notions into popular circulation.
[Samuel Huntington, a prophet for Trump’s America]
Neiwert considers the GOP and traditional conservatives complicit in the degrading of discourse and truth on the far right, whereby “rational anger and discontent with the federal government was being transformed into an irrational, visceral, and paranoid hatred of it.” Conspiracy theories and white-nationalist narratives coalesced in response to the nation’s first black president, giving Trump his opening. Birtherism became his calling card to Alt-America; the border wall and travel ban his sales pitch.
Trump has been described America’s first white president for his explicit race-baiting and reflexive impulse to undo the legacy of his black predecessor. He may also be America’s first troll president, one who treats governance as a culture war, the Oval Office as a subreddit, and the bully pulpit as a means to cyberbully his foes.
Trump fits with the alt-right’s abusive culture, and studies of the psychology of online trolls highlight their deception, narcissism and manipulativeness — traits not inconsistent with what psychiatrists observe in our 45th commander in chief. “Why We Need a Troll as President” was even the headline of a bizarrely foreshadowing argument by a contributor to Spencer’s alt-right website during the 2016 campaign. “Trump is worth supporting,” the writer argued, “because we need a troll. . . . We need someone who can break open public debate. . . . The fact that Trump himself is part of this same farce is utterly irrelevant.”
Yet though alt-righters become gleeful when Trump shares racially misleading crime statistics or offers a both-sides take to neo-Nazis marching and engaging in deadly violence, “saying that Trump and the Alt-Right are simpatico amounts to whitewashing the Alt-Right,” Hawley contends. The core alt-right wants more than greater immigration restrictions and temporary travel bans against a handful of Muslim-majority countries. It wants nonwhites out of the country altogether. Trump and his aides have called for measures that, however extreme, fall short. White-nationalist writer Matthew Heimbach, for example, endorsed Trump’s candidacy with the caveat that Trump “is not the savior of Whites in America.” And even former White House strategist Stephen K. Bannon — who has bragged of giving the alt-right a platform as head of Breitbart — is more a populist and economic nationalist, Hawley argues.
Over time, however, that the administration’s loyalty to the movement may prove less consequential. Trump’s jumble of beliefs — and really, does he have any guiding ideology beyond self-aggrandizement? — matters less than where a newly empowered and overtly racist political force attempts to take the country.
“What Trump has succeeded in doing, by exploiting the strands of right-wing populism in the country, has been to make the large and growing number of proto-fascist groups in America larger and more vicious,” Neiwert concludes. These groups won’t be deterred by a confused left or craven right. The conservative movement can’t purge them the way William F. Buckley cast out the Birchers, even if it wanted to do so — alt-right supporters “do not care what Ross Douthat thinks of them,” Hawley notes wryly. Nor will they be limited by the fumblings of the president they helped bring to power.
The alt-right is on the move, the distance from 4chan to Charlottesville just part of a longer march. I wonder if even Trump fully understands — or cares — what he has let slip.
Follow Carlos Lozada on Twitter and read his latest book reviews, including:
The history, theory and contradictions of antifa
The crucial fight the anti-Trump resistance is forgetting
When racism matters, but just not as much as everything else

When the KKK was disbanded, they went where their racial status variables were maximized, and that took the bastards straight into the Democrats.

Thank you!
Me as well!

It really shows how powerful we have become.
I guess this is why shills don't want you reading it

Final bump.
I really recommend reading this article.
It explains how powerful we currently.are

Millions of dollars of drug money were laundered that way. That's what contributed to the bitcoin bubble.

Just like the mainstream left.

This is about the only accurate part of that Bezos Blogpost.

The whole "alt-right" label doesn't even make any sense. It's a bunch of people and ideals, many of them are opposed to each other. In fact, the only thing the "alt-right" seems to be is anything that isn't the establishment neocohen subhumans in power currently. They're scared of losing their power the same way they did to the old right before them. Too bad because they're done for. The future is settled.

/thread

It's goofy but this seems to be the closest they've gotten to understanding what the genuine resistance looks like.

cringe

sounds good

lel

Kek, this illiterate moron thinks Reagan republicuck MLK worshiping feminism is moral traditionalism

Imagine how pathetic someone would have to be to get a three-year butthurt over vidya.

I've read the Hawley book–it's amusing when he has to bend over backwards in several places to include disclaimers to the effect of "yes, I know these people are horrible but I have to document what they say in the interests of academic truth" and so on.

alt right is a made up word, just like every other word used by the media which is fake

Totally inaccurate, but that's a good thing.

LOL

Wonder how he's going to feel a year or two from now when she's dragged into court facing child sex trafficking charges…

I want to believe…

lel

LELD

When they use their term, they mean you, whether you like it or not.

Everytime, without fail, when these pieces of shit write about "us" they always lie about the origin of Gamergate. Completely overlooking the cronyism that gaymers were pissed about. No mention ever of (((games journalists))) fucking with developers. Fuck this shit.

I havent played vidya in 10 years
We play rl vidya

It's such an absurd situation that it really doesn't matter whether they tell the truth. Normies reading their nonsense don't care whether it was about cronyism, ethics, or elaborate trolling campaigns, and few people would believe that an organised assault on the media would be produced simply as a backlash against feminists. If someone does believe that, do you really want them on your side to begin with?

KEK

They could've left us alone, but now I'm here. I guess I should be thanking them

Fucking kill yourself.

Ted Cruz lost though.

Laser tattoo removal takes like a dozen or more times for reasonable removal.

The actual origins of Gamergate are exactly the sort of thing they don't want people to know, so it's not at all surprising they keep repeating the lie. It's kind of comforting to see that they're still so butthurt about it this much later, though. Makes it feel like more of a win.

At the time, it seemed like GG kind of petered out after everyone realized that all the "real" news organizations were even more corrupt and incestuous than the game journalists. At which point half of them just gave up and went back to playing vidya, and the rest of us ended up on Holla Forums because there were clearly much larger problems than people trying to ruin our games.

Wait. Now we're boys? I thought we were mid-twenty virgins living in our mother's basement?

Don't forget about masturbating to anime

I have yet to do that actually. It's impossible for me. Sage for Holla Forumsposting.

I'm so fucking fed up. In this post modern society, human life is not even dignified with a purpose. I want something to happen, now, and I am certain that many of you feel the same way.

After years of exposure to the horrors of the internet, we have all come to understand that a man's true power can only be constrained by the reach of his hands, and as the world is being pacified, we grow more and more eager to step in and take control.

They should fear us.

Never forget they are writing analyses on us now Holla Forums

I find it downright hilarious

A new Hitler will rise up if we don't SHUT IT DOWN!
Fuck this faggot. 14 words.
14 words.
Hmmm…14 words.
Semi-true.
Another faggot who never watched Total Recall.
Intellectually dishonest faggot.
These faggots have no idea.
Most apt thing said in the entire article.
Crazy tinfoil-hat wearing conspiracy theorist kooks. Do I need to ask if this guy is a kike?
Yeah I can't read anymore. This author and the authors he cites aren't anywhere close to understanding, and whether or not they are, they'll never admit it, because to admit they understand is to admit that they're wrong, that they're tools of evil people, that they're all going to be killed, and that they deserve it.

Quality post.
Also Total Recall.
Fuck yeah my man.

We have grown so powerful.
Everyone needs to take a moment and breathe that in.

We're in charge now.

because replacing games with faggots shitskins and sjw politics is non shit "gaming."

Fucking lol @ that hooknose tranny

That right there is why (((they))) are so ass ravaged about GG. It was the first time most of (((them))) have ever seen the tide turn in any significant and real way.

Tbh gg
Turned me from clueless 4/b
To 8/b
To 8/pol

5 burgers whore zoe.quinn lel

leftists are so enamored with the avant garde it kills them to be reminded of the fact that they represent the orthodoxy.

Fucking yes.
I've been thinking about this for a few days now. But you brought it home.

It's comedy gold tbh.
All they can spew out is hitler / nazi everything.

They can't compete with smug, and they know it

They wouldn't understand proper gameplay if it bit them in the ass. They're shit at both games and life. I still feel like I owe them something for pushing me onto a better path, maybe rope.

I am pleasantly surprised when my enemies write bad article because it confirms they will be easy to kill.

That, my friend, is the kike hubris manifesting itself in the left.

While I agree, we cannot be stricken by kike levels of hubris. This is the crack in their armor many like minded people have exploited. Always remember it is a weakness. Smug is fun, to goad autistic screeching, but realistic to circumstances in reality.

(((altright)))

Waaah waaaah

This is more or less the story of how I got involved in Holla Forums and politics. They really shouldn't have tried fucking with video games. Now I've got new and more important things to focus my autism on.