Video Game Voice Actors On Strike

So apparently a bunch of video game voice actors have decided that getting paid 850 a day to record lines for over hyped Triple A games just wasn't enough. So now they're demanding MORE MONEY.

oneangrygamer.net/2016/10/why-the-video-game-voice-actor-strike-is-utterly-silly/14707/

But that's not all, they're also trying to shame anyone who doesn't support their cause on Twitter (Mocking anyone who dares hire cheaper non union voice actors for video games) like the pathetic bullies that they are.

twitter.com/VoiceJayBritton/status/789529211568582656

But the good news is their pathetic union only makes up 25% so really their strike isn't gonna make a dent in the industry much less hurt it.

Other urls found in this thread:

oneangrygamer.net/2016/10/why-the-video-game-voice-actor-strike-is-utterly-silly/14707/
archive.is/VlHW5
8ch.net/v/res/11041285.html
sagaftra.org/interactive/what-we-stand-for
sagaftra.org/files/rate_sheet_television_sag_aftra_8_16.pdf
sagaftra.org/production-center/interactive/documents#quickset-pc_interactive_vg_sig_doc_qt4
supernerdland.com/performance-matters-interview-with-veteran-voice-actress-lani-minella/
continuetolearn.uiowa.edu/laborctr/child_labor/about/us_history.html
youtu.be/GleHfIl_UHk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLRB_v._Hearst_Publications
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_newspapers
gta.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Hollick
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't they do this every couple of years? And every time everyone laughs at them?

Check the catalog nigger.

any big names in the strike?

David Hayter
Phil Lamarr
I think Steve Blum is in on the action too

Dont they want stunt hours … for voice acting?

These cunts get paid more than doctors and scientists and engineers who change the world and that still isn't enough for them. Good thing they are easily replaced.

I eagerly await Nightmare in this thread too

wew, its like they don't understand how replaceable they are

Good, now we might see some other voice actors instead of the usual faggots

There's nothing inherently wrong with strikes. But I don't think vidya voice actors have the kind of bargaining power to be very effective when they strike, given how late and little they contribute to development.
I'd be curious to know exactly who is on strike, so we can tell if they're nobodies or actual professionals. I don't know how many vidya voice actors are SAG union members.

It's a good time to get into the industry, especially if you're one of those homos that make gay fandubs. They're just about the same quality.

According to the article in the OP, there were two main disagreements between the SAG-AFTRA union and publishers: 1) That VAs aren't told in advance what game they'll be working on. I guess that's a reasonable demand, but most VAs probably don't give a shit about vidya itself, so I don't really understand the motivation behind that one. 2) That VAs don't get royalties. Nobody in vidya development gets royalties, so this is absolutely not going to change. I wouldn't necessarily be against VAs getting royalties, but if we care about anyone getting royalties, the first priority should be to make sure that they're given to the people doing the actual development first; the designers, artists, and programmers, who do the major conceptual and technical heavy-lifting. VAs should be lower on that priority list (along with QA and other people who are more removed from the core development team).

Good luck getting kids these days to understand that. Unions lead to terrorism, user.

Ashley Burch was leading this group last time they tried it. Get digging and see where it goes.

LOL

Kids today are fucking commies like you retard. they think you should strike if the lunch lady uses the wrong pronouns.

Unions are cancer, a man can decide if he wants to work or not. If he cannot convince others his cause is worth the sacrifice then it isn't and the union isn't doing the right thing.

Correction: Apparently they don't want royalties per se, just a restructured bonus program, including either upfront bonuses or bonuses based on sales (which isn't that far from royalties, but still, not the same).

You're an idiot. Employers and employees have different and irreconcilable incentives. Unions are important in temporarily reconciling those incentives so that both parties can benefit.

Again?

ahahaha what a dumbass

They didn't strike before, only considered doing it, because they wanted royalties. They seem to have made their demands more specific and toned-down (though still, I think, not feasible).

AMERICAN unions are cancer and more like the fucking mafia than actual unions.

These little primadonnas needs to get taken down a notch.

haha

Unions are cancer.

Part of this is that the National Labor Relations Act undercut American unions from the beginning by placing restrictions on when and how employees can form them, as well as when and how they can strike. It would be better if unions didn't have to be formally organized and recognized; if every firm's employees had the legal right to collective bargaining and striking from the beginning, you wouldn't have the evolution of weird union power structures and politicking.

That's not what I said, you illiterate.

david hayter especially is an arrogant fucking hack, I agree with him that he should've been in MGS5 and I dislike it very much when devs replace voices of established characters but he is generally just a fucking pathetic, unsuccessful faggot period

My communist ideas are right because I say so!

I've seen Unions fuck plenty of people over. They create monopolies who abuse their power and have zero reason to help the workers.

Worker problem solved = No need for a union = Not in the union's interest

Says fucking who? If one of your VA's is an uppity twat that is actively damaging your brand by the schizo pozzed shit he vomits on social media, why wouldn't you replace him?

See

because I'd care more about the video games that I'm making and the legacy built up around them than marketing, social media, "brand" image or other irrelevant cancer

Thank you, I have no idea why the unions are like that because I'm European. I just know what they are doing and its fucked up.

That's because you're completely out of touch.

I'm saying that that's the right thing to do in the interest of video games, not that it's profitable or realistic

Actually if you read the RATE sheets its 850 for a session. A SESSION is 4 hours. Its 850 every 4 hours OP.

Plus that is the low end of the SCALE system. Top talent and Big names like A tara strong can get as much as 5000-10000 per session.

Imagine you could collect 20k a day for one week of work?

Those are already included in the existing contract. And they have mandatory INSURANCE coverage for such things included in the existing contracts.

Is that only for MOCAP, or does it cover just working in a sound booth?

Only in the short term. We've seen what happens when those people are allowed to infest the industry.

Go watch the Project Veritas videos. You've got high level DNC operatives bragging about staging riots, massive voter fraud, infiltrating trump rallies to incite violence, everything the kike media labels a "conspiracy theory". We're standing here today with mountains upon mountains of evidence proving everything the left says is complete bullshit top to bottom. This information is widespread and freely available.

Yet we've got cucks like Hayter who still regurgitate those same lies over and over, in an attempt to manipulate the goyim. Why would he do that, if he wasn't one of them, and actively sought the downfall of the west? What's happening right now is far more important than the fact that your favorite character in a videogame sounds slightly different.

Do you think this recent wave of series getting BLACKED is a one-off anomaly? This is the future you chose because you were too apathetic to see the big picture.

All of it. They already have INSURANCE etc they pay into. Studios also pay into workman's comp by law as well.

Its hilarious cause the examples they cited as this ACTOR put himself at risk and got hurt. He was covered and payed out by insurance.

These spoiled faggots need to fucking die

Here is the other problem due to it being mileston based.

Say a studio sells only 2 mil when the game comes out. Pay out once. OK. Then the studio goes on to other projects. But over 5 years they all the sudden hit the second milestone.

Most studios run on thin budgets, but all the sudden they just activated a forced payment for a game they hired 30 Actors for, who only worked on the game for 2 weeks, But have to now pay out 150-300k too among them all depending on scale.

You will see many studios pull games from digital sale to avoid milestone payments. Or keep prices on games up in CASE they might hit it. Or only do limited runs of physical to never risk hitting certain milestones. Its actually a very harmful practice. Also they will likely not do re releases of games if they have to think about it costing them to do so.

Worse you will see some studios only hire like 5 Voice actors and ask them to do multiple roles to minimize the risk of force royalties payments.

ENJOY YOUR NPCs all having the voice of 2 people at most now.

Do they think they're movie actors? Nobody buys a game because their favorite voice actor is working on it.

Most American unions are fronts for the Jewish mafia. Not even kidding. Look up the Jewish mob in L.A

Yup Tara Strong and BLUME and all the BIG names trying to rally their sycophant bases. Will cite the LOW number of 3300 and on an individual basis to trick you. Their scale payments would be much higher since they are rated as top talents. If 850 gets 3300 at 2 million units for your low level GRUNT and NPC voice work.

Sloppy math
5000-15000 could pull 16000-50000 payment for a Tara or Blume. 4 times per each milestone hit.

Now imagine that for your game you hired 5 top tier talents. And 10+ low tiers. You clould have payments out in the 100s of thousands or more. When most budgets barely get by.

Same reason why you have supposedly "conservative" White men advocating gay sex and dating Asian women, using anime as an unhealthy form of escapism and being a NEET to "bring down society faster", I suppose.

This whole world is willingly going to shit, and it's not just due to Jews and liberals. It's also due to our personal lack of leadership.

As you say, we probably deserved all this.

I left out.

Low end players get 850 per session. But a top tier gets as much as 5000 or MORE pers negotiated contract.

Many top VAs will pull 8-10k per session.

Now you know why STAR CITIZEN lost so much money hiring all those HIGHER then top tier VAs. A mark Hammil can pull 25k or more per session.

I don't think video game voice acting is really that high in demand that a strike would be effective. Also given how long that a game goes in development, they'd have to be striking for two to three years to see the lasting effects of the void of their "talents".

Another problem is that even bad voice acting can just be as charming as good voice acting. Profiteered by your typical youtuber let's player.

It'll also give the lesser know voice actors more exposure so I'm not sure who this strike is suppose to benefit. Just seems like a giant "Fuck you! Don't hire me!" signal to me.

So much money could be saved if they just used text-to-speech programs

Pretty good

you misspelled removable

The Simpsons pays $300k per episode for the main actors, and used to pay more. In Japan the most successful actors can apparently make around $600k a year, from all work combined (anime, games, music, voice dramas, commercials, narration, special events).

gibberish language should be easy to generate with computer, and I like it a lot more than voice acting, you could even change the voice of the protagonist

the only thing i can say i agree with them on is the idea they need to know the details of a role before taking it.

the secondary pay thing? needs to be capped to a reasonable amount either on pre-bonus payment or on percentage of sales past a couple of million dollars or some shit.

but only if programmers get more compensation for the crunch time they have to go through. because programmers do have it worse than said VA's

those shows also make shit ton of money, so it's probably not that big deal for the production company

You should really read the OPS links first. Its not a good thing its a HUGE risk for game studio. GAMES are not MOVIES.

I don't remember exactly how much, but I know the voice actors behind TF2 characters make shitload of money(or at least used to) too

TV, MOVIES, ANIME, are actual mediums where the actors actually matter.

GAMES do not need them GAMES are not movies. Games GAMEPLAY is where the actual draw begins. Not in some assholes NAME. CELEBRITY does not sell games. This is a false comparison.

If these talentless hacks had any talent they would be acting, in theaters and even in front of cameras.

nevar forget nightmare sperg
archive.is/VlHW5

So many of the people pushing this cashgrab are C list fuck wads.

Weasly crusher was one of the big pushers for this strike.

But there is a budget, and the more you spend on the voices the less you can spend on everything else.

I was talking about The Simpsons, not games.

Yeah a TV show the ACTORS actually do matter.

They want to falsely conflate their acting in TV to be the same as acting in GAMES. When games can simply cut out voice and put in SIMs style SIMLISH and text.

It depends on the game.

Nope. Almost every game would be fine without voice acting. And have the me impact.

If nobody used VO anymore, video game quality would increase.

on a side note how is this dude in EVERY scifi series?

The majority of "gamers" nowadays cant even be bothered to read the difficulty description. I wish VAs didnt exist

Because he manages to weasel himself into loads of things riding on the fame train of him being a massive faggot in star trek

Just because American VOs are entitled doesn't mean the entire concept of voice acting in video games is bad.

No, but that they want to burden the industry with needless overhead. When they dont deserve it.

And will make things like Re-releases or games get pulled from Stores to avoid quotas etc is a problem if this goes through.

We had one on OUR VERY BOARD

fucking TV casual

Remember when Tony Jay, Chris Latta, Paul Eiding and Tim Curry went on a VA strike?
Good times.

Dude many VO are crazy bastards. Because many are SJW. They stalk people that put them in their place. Bruise their ego they will stalk you even if you are just a min wage nobody. Their egos are that thin.

Hold on, stunt hours? Does Ted White regularly throw them off of a cliff to improve to get genuine performances out of them?

LOL, i hate reality TV. I do wish we had actually QUALITY shows again.

The fucking WRITERS strike FUCKED up TV for everyone. Strikes almost never work out for the STRIKING party long run.

These people just fail to realize that in their business they cannot cling to one thing. You should never be a "video game voice actor" for a living, you shouldn't even be just a "voice actor" for a living. If you are not constantly trying to improve your craft, that which is acting, you are trash and you do not deserve special treatment.

One of my favorite voice acting in video games ever was the voicing of Kreia. The old lady was a known theater actress who stepped into a completely alien setting to her (space fantasy nerdy pretentious writing shit) and blew every other video game acting out of the water, never returning to the video game scene again (because she actually has a career).

Meanwhile this hack fraud dude who thinks he is special because he has a deep voice and voiced a famous video game character clings to a past fame, demanding more money for shitty lines, instead of honing his craft.

they want VOCAL STRESSING SESSIONS to count as stunt work.

cause
"my voice is my livelihood" even though they already have things like breaks worked into contracts.

They are also making a POWER grab to get MOCAP as part of the SAG Aftra UNION. After a bunch of independent companies opened MOCAP Facilities.

I still don't know who he voices.

Its kinda hilariously pathetic. I'd say the only demand that made any lick of sense to begin with was the one where they wanted to know about the characters they were voicing. Otherwise this shit is straight up delusional. I am curious to see where this goes though.

so im guessing the Niko Bellic voice actor is the key to all this

Even that was a problem because of how GAMES change and they are usually brought in for the last months of dev work.

The character they were contracted for could completely change before they voice them. Then they can REJECT them in crunch time?

And the risk of leaks?

No Games are not like movies.

3 things can come of of this:
-less VA, which is good, less "work" for hacks like burch and less money spent on unneeded bullshit
-more VA, which is also good, AAAs will cost even more making their collapse even closer
-nothing, which is most likely

It's like voice actors are retarded or something

Isn't voice acting one of those industries where joining the union is a huge choice because it prices you out of a lot of work, so remaining non-union is usually the better choice? Seems like it might be interesting to read up on.

that is the joke a lot of UNION people work under the table to avoid the UNION.

Hayter is one such hypocritical bastard. For example.

I can't take this RAPE any longer

Theres already a fucking thread about this retard. And its not even on page 13. Its time for you to die. 8ch.net/v/res/11041285.html

God forbid they are forced to voice someone with different opinions than them. It's not like actors are trained to play the role of someone they are not. It's not like that's the entire point of being an actor.

It has 400 replies, it'll be gone soon.

I know right.

Its on page 6 you dip shit. And 400 posts does not equal 700 posts read the fucking rules.

Agreed. The scenario would make more sense in dubbing and such, otherwise being ill advised unless you have a deadset cast. I never said it was a great reason, just that its the only one that came close to being reasonable considering what these faggots do for a living.

So basically good in every scenario because if nothing comes of this, either it will die and these guys will shut the fuck up, or it will keep going and weed out the faggots who do VA.

Hit the nail on the head. They claim they aren't given any direction on how a character should sound and shit like that, but you'd fucking think that they'd get the goddamn hint when looking at the script.

I never do.

This faggot would probably support that considering he thinks voice acting made Thief good.

Good. If there are no VAs working anymore, maybe we'll get original audio again.

Fuck these VA's. I'd love to earn just 10% of what they get for just talking into a microphone for a few hours a day.

Fuck, I'd be stoked to do it for free and have my name in the credits of a video game as NPC154.

Or they would ask for some basic HINTS at the characters personality. DEVS have Sheets for things like that they can look at before doing voices.

literally who

You notice in all of this. They talk about how they are not paid enough.

But never tell you how much they actually make.

yet they all live in places with 500k dollar homes have expensive cars and eat and shop in expensive places and stay at expansive hotels.

Voice Acting is considered necessary for our illiterate crowd of casuals.

Is the turkroach on the list?
Or Wesley?

Seriously look at who the leaders of this strike are. Look where they live and how much it costs to live there. They are not POOR voice actors.

(checked)
Some truthful tripdubs here. I'd probably do the same.

Exactly. I mean, unless they're told to adlib the whole fucking thing, I don't see it as too big of a problem unless the character they're playing is a subtle schizophrenic.

What do you think?

Even if they are voicing a central character that appears throughout the whole game, they're still only speaking a fraction of what they would if it were a character in a TV show. Most video game characters have one-liners and short monologues. I doubt even back-and-forth banter is always done in the same room as the other actors. Voice acting for games is pretty much the equivalent of recording sound bytes. There is no need to know much about your character beforehand.

It isn't even the talent of these actors that publishers pay for. It's the name because it looks good when they market. Actors know this. They know that video games pull in bank and they think that their mild B-list fame is enough leverage to extort more money out of publishers.

No wonder a lot of VAs are typecast. :^)

Who did wesley even voice, ever?

Look up his credits. He using his nepotistic connections has tons of bit roles.

Reported.

This whole thing has made me hate VA even more, I would be more then happy with games going back to voiceless or just the devs doing it themselves.

You can't stop me.

Without those Communist ideas you'd be working six days a week, and being paid in company script that can only be used in company owned stores while you live in company provided housing.

TL;DR, you're a retard.

The only thing sad about this whole farce is that it hurts legitly good VA and games with good VA, like Sacrifice.

That would require subtlety on their part to begin with though :^)

Pretty much right again. I mean, its not like they aren't given a script they could read and try using context to figure it out. I mean, I guess you could ask for a couple small notes or whatever, but notice that the majority going on strike don't really do good jobs typically anyway.

Being poor is relative. They do feel poor compared to their snob friends.

I thought this was a communist heaven.

I wasn't even talking about Occupy you illiterate inbred. Look up how things were back BEFORE unions came into play. The people running companies practically got off on the fucked up shit they put workers through.

That's a theme across the whole western world to be honest. I'm pretty sick about hearing how someone "only" makes 80k a year.

Are there any "based" VA's?

The world needs a great purge.

Thank god there are signs showing that commieforina is getting VERY close to falling into the ocean.

And the fact it was used by Captains of Industry makes it all the more hypocritical.

Video games were better before voice acting. Fuck these hacks

Day of The Rope soon.

Can't wait until all these VAs are out on their ass.

All of the "based" VAs I can think off do VA as a side thing or one of many things, can't name a single good VA who chooses that as his career.

Not to long ago there was a news story about how they made super accurate voice synthesis, so your plan is not too far off user.

If I had talent like this, I'd do shit probono if needed. Nothing pisses me off more when you have a game where half the characters are dubbed and the other half aren't. If I was known for one character, I'd take it seriously.

Once you have a million or two, what else could you possibly need?

It's literally goddamned history. This is shit you can look up.

The extremes of every political/economic system all look the same, with simply a different name for who's in control.

So is world war 2. Too bad we can't seem to agree on the specifics. :^)

Oh nooooo! Not the voices, anything but that overpriced feature!

I don't know why you faggots haven't just nuked the san andreas fault and jettisoned the entire west coast into the sea and have done with it. It could only improve the country as a whole.

You told us to look up the history. We can. And back then it wasn't just unions that fought against company stores. Lawyers and politicians sorted it out in the end and passed laws. NOT UNIONS.

Most unions were run by communist agitators. The joke being COMPANY store MODELS is how COMMUNIST run things.

But most things the UNIONS take credit for are things they actually fought against. They did a historical FAKE out.

You mean when there was a surplus of cheap labour? I mean, you're not entirely wrong, I'd hate in a country which has a surplus of cheap labour.

King nigger and cuckservatives have been calling the shots since the late 80s. This is nothing more than a festering growth that is about to break off at this point.

I made a webm of that once.

The guy baffles me a little. I mean he made his name through playing a strongly hated character. You'd think a realisation like that would cause a person to try and rise above it, try and get a better-known role that helps to ensure that "shut up wesley" is not all they become known for.

Instead he just milks that part for all it's worth and seemingly works to justify the hatred it earned him.

It'd be cool if the west coast literally broke off.
And joined Australia or something.

I thought as much. The only people I can ever really think of would be Jennifer Hale and Hayter.

That said, I don't really know Hale's character, just know she's done a lot and I know Hayter because he's done one.

I thought Atlantis was a home to a good and enlightened civilization, not pic related.

It's a shame most 2D games today are mostly all Indy shit with no absolutely no effort put into the pixel art.

I'm not even surprised anymore.

2030 isn't good enough for bodi-posi, add several pixels here and there.

I wish I was awake to talk to that dude, I missed an entire happening judging by the thread. I just wonder how with one role though it seems like he has an enormous ego.

alaska can come too

flash is back, someone post it

No flash.

This would be a very swell idea.

Hence the liberal qualifier in my statement. It would be like calling someone with a liberal arts degree "smart".

he voiced snek

Jesus Christ there's more mass in his head then his entire body, I'm surprised he can even lift that avocado.

But what if the voice acting is a gameplay cue (IE: Fighting games where the characters shout the name of the move they're performing)

Button mashers needn't exist.

Fuck these faggots, if I worked in games I'd be using the union as a blacklist.

I'm sure many are going to.

You can trace the decline in american workers living standards, wages, and work place safety right next to the decline in unions. Feel free to happily take that corporate cock right up your asshole, but not everyone is pleased about employees having no bargaining power.

Then the media will black list them

Oh ho ho

Any proof of that?

Weren't they gonna go on strike for this like a year ago or something? What happened between then and now?

sagaftra.org/interactive/what-we-stand-for

Take your time to read this page.

Most of it sound like bullshit. Our outright pathetic.

The medical stuff they claim from stressed vocals. would be easy to prove. Most singers know they are full of shit.

Child labor laws. Workplace safety regs. MIN wag, which they put in to block BLACKS from getting hired.

I don't think video games need voice actors.

One shouldn't expect labor history knowledge on a video-game discussion board mostly populated by yanks. They think truck system refers to euro-truck simulator.

I see. Wishes become real by writing them down and calling them laws. Might as well make cancer illegal, then it will disappear! Are you a programmer, per chance? Pure idealism.

Uh huh

If you refuse to act certain roles because they hurt your feefees then your not an actor your a fraud.

Yeah read the demands. I noticed the got rid of the IMPLIED THREAT paragraph they had in it a year ago that you would be black listed for not going along with the strike even if you are not union.

You know that just stating your thoughts doesn't count as proof, right?

You can't make things real just by wishing.

Or not faggot.

In the current climate playing a racist could get you shit canned. The people who will shit can you are the people complaining here because they're all terrified they will have to say nigger as a white girl and then all their progressive friends will black list them from the meth orgies.

Drink bleach.

They were considering it, but voted not to. I guess now they've changed their minds.

You would be A-OK with acting out a scene where you watch your family get pleasured by a gang of black tribesmen, before sucking each one off yourself?

Dude there were scotus cases related to all this. Im not going to fucking hand hold you like a bitch to GOOGLE well known shit you ignorant fuck.

Anybody has the rest of these? They were made back when these whiny faggots first started talking about this strike.

What is the pay. Its not a real thing that is happening.

If you really think a scene like that is limited to hurting one's feelings then you either misunderstood the person you're replying to or you're just retarded.

they voted to authorize it as a threat to the studios. And the studios didnt even BLINK at this nonsense.

h

Didn't this already happen? And didn't they receive jack shit?

Hey guys, voice actor for Nightmare in Soul Calibur and I want to announce that I'm a huge faggot

David Hayter is a faggot?

Read the thread.

I don't have the time, I need to go to sleep. I was just doing a quick browse of the front page before I hit the sack.

they voted to authorize it as a threat. NO one gave a shit.

They used a hashtag and social media to rally their fans. But only the most die hard sycophants backed them.

And most people were just disgusted by them.

You never saw his tweeter? There's a reason why the real fans of MGS dumped him over Big Chief Kief.

Thanks user.

What is it other than feelings? user said that turning down a job based on finding something sexual or possibly abusive would make them a fraud, so what category would turning down a scene where you are required to go against your ideals or political leanings count as, if not feelings?

Pick 1

they are going thorough with it now cause the studios said NO to the royalties stuff.
And instead offered a LUMP SUM bonus instead.

They rejected a VERY REASONABLE deal Better then what they had before. Because they only care about the ROYALTIES angle which they will change from benchmark to in perpetuity over time.

You don't deserve to be paid more than programmers when you have a maximum of 5 sentences of dialogue. I'm also sure most Street Fighter games were voiced by amateurs prior to SF4

No, company stores were shit because the company controlled both your wages and the prices you paid, allowed them to fuck you out of everything they paid you and effectively reduce you to a serf living on subsistence pay. If it were the "communist" model, the buyers and sellers would all have a say in all the company store policies, but that's not how it worked.

Nice. About time we had a webm for that.

every fucking moron communist ever.

Don't bother talking if you aren't willing to back up what you said.

Yeah like Nightmare VO guy.

He is mad he only got paid 2000 bucks. Well how long did it take to do all of NIGHTMARES lines?

IM sure it was just one 4 hour session. IF that.

He got paid that much for a one off deal. No diff then when a musician is hired just to play a SONG someone else wrote for a game as a hired hand.

Or you could try actually having a discussion. But I doubt you even know what a monopsony is.

Its not a debate you autistic faggot.

I don't think you are really following the thread, and you're just spouting cliches and calling people commies because that's better than reading.

This is what faggots believe. You engage in a conversation you do not deserve to be in because you're ignorant and then demand others cover for your ignorance.

Its pretty much exactly what you said you fucking retard.

Artfag for games here and I love how these cunts legit think that they have importance I had to work for overtime while working for standard pay and in shitty conditions we do 99% of a game and these cunts have the balls to cry about how they somehow matter.

To any VA faggots you retards don't matter to the overall production games back then didn't have you and it turned out fine, You guys have no idea the effort it takes to to hundreds of character designs on one character alone and maybe only one will actually make it into the game.

My pals who work in coding bust their asses off to make sure the game isn't a fucking mess you cunts only do voices not the core work of the production.

Its bad enough we have talent less sjw hacks that come out from game design school,shit creative writing classes and pretentious art schools coming in droves now but now you guys acting as if you're some how fucking important.

The only way I keep myself sane is coming here on Holla Forums to shit post sorry I let my pasta spill but fuck I needed to let that out.

What do you think I was claiming "works on paper"?

I didn't call his argument wrong, I asked him to show me it was true. If he doesn't want to then why would I bother listening to what he has to say?

You're a shit eater.

What percentage of recruits are functional vs hacks?

Tony Jay was another great one. Guy made his living doing VO in movies and doing Shakespearean theater, the games he did like Legacy of Kain were just side projects. Because of his decades of experience and trademark baritone he could just waltz in and read lines off the paper and made everyone sound positively evil. His talent from the theater trickled down into games because that's where he earned his bread, he didn't let voice acting be his main revenue source.

but garrett's VA really is good.

like only 40% from who've I've worked with have been functional and decent at their job the other 60% are waste of sperm who need to jump into a fucking lake of sulfuric acid.

Stop complaining, commie

Don't respond to bait

Do they get kicked out or are you forced to carry them as they accuse any one successful of sexual assault?

Paper BOY union shut down child labor laws. AT THE SUPREME FUCKING COURT.

ITS FUCKING FAMOUS. If you are going to talk a bout unions you should fucking KNOW at least some of their LANDMARK EVENTS.

That was all I needed to say to make my case. Because you, you fucking faggot should have been able to google to check if that happened easily.

Instead you do the SJW bullshit of asking for excessive proof when none is needed. You are not debating or having a conversation, you are trying to cover up for you fucking ignorance.

I gave enough info that anyone with half a fucking clue could CHECK if it was true or not. Except for you apparently.

So, are you not going to acknowledge that you put words in my mouth instead of actually comprehending my post?

Jesus fucking Christ, what a bunch of faggots.

You literally went with the "it works like this on paper"

To try to counter my

THIS COMPANY STORE STUFF IS ACTUALLY MORE LIKE HOW REAL COMMUNISM WORKS.

Real world communism is in fact in operation more like the COMPANY STORE then your ON PAPER MODEL bullshit.

Every fucking time

Please quote where I literally said that.

sagaftra.org/files/rate_sheet_television_sag_aftra_8_16.pdf

here are the TV tables. NOTE most actors get paid more since their agents get them more in negotiations. These are the minimums.

I see nothing wrong with this

I and others have had to pick up the slack these useless shit stains produce, one of my co workers this nice Spanish women nearly lost her shit at these new female artist we got since they were lazy fucks who didn't finish the background art for a level that was 2 day due.

Its bad enough I'm working on a soulless AAA game that you fags will hate but I have to help carry useless shit stains through work and now the VAs start acting like they matter.

I can't wait for this to backfire hard.

sagaftra.org/production-center/interactive/documents#quickset-pc_interactive_vg_sig_doc_qt4 buried in this mess is more of the specif to field rate sheets.

Have you considered just doing your job and letting it fail to meet the deadline?

Why don't developers just do all the voice acting themselves, or get their friends to do it?

Lani Minella slapped these guys the fuck down. supernerdland.com/performance-matters-interview-with-veteran-voice-actress-lani-minella/

I'm convinced there is no profession more degenerate than voice acting.
The only decent person in that field that comes to mind would probably be Grey Delisle and thats it.

They do if they don't have any money. Even older games backed by publishers, the developers would fill in the minor roles.

You just said child labour laws in a very general way; not everyone is versed in different countries labour laws, and I know for a fact that various unions did support the abolishing of child labour. All you had to do was provide a source or even mention paperboys; I didn't say you were wrong. Although reading about the paperboys union and child labour laws so far hasn't brought up anything about them preventing the abolishing of child labour, and all I could see so far where general unions being against child labour and forcing the government to act. Here's what I read, but if you have anything else, go ahead. I don't really care to look into it otherwise and I will just disregard what you said.

continuetolearn.uiowa.edu/laborctr/child_labor/about/us_history.html

I asked you to explain what you were talking about and you went spaz, user, but apparently you can talk about anything you want and no proof is needed.

Ugh ugh sjw cuck shill cuck cuck favgot you're a commie faggot faghot shill cuck

I love how the VO whip out Resident Evil and Chaos wars as their examples of bad VO work. I can turn off the sound on those games if I want an just read subtitles.

So, this means VA in general will die and we will go back to glorious text?
Casuals hate reading in vidya so text in games is a good way to scare them away.

Dud you are clearly just a cuck bitch trying to derail. Knock it the fuck off.

You mean acting is full of fags and drama queens? Who knew?

Only games with good english voice acting I can think of are DMC3 and NMH. Any of these actors participate in this circus?

Getting professional voice actors is a waste of money though. Are all these fucking developers retarded?

Still waiting on that quote, chucklefuck.

Because most AAA games have to be professional cinematic experiences with millions of dollars wasted on them. Plus the actual developers are probably far too busy making the game to an unrealistic schedule.

You do realize that screaming "EDUCATE YOURSELF" at somebody and refusing to provide any evidence for your claims, however obvious and easily available it may be, is typical leftist and SocJus behaviour, right? I don't know where that meme came from on neo/pol/, but it's definitely been responsible for the downfall of the board. I'm trying to follow the conversation between you and ID:eacdbb as a third party looking at the objective evidence, but I can't very well do that because you're refusing to provide it.

If you've already scoured the internet for the most reliable, well-researched sources, then why should I waste my time wading through the chaff? A handful of links to the good stuff would take a minute of your time and solve this problem completely.

What a compelling argument.

Its the post that started the chain. Scrolling up or hitting the numbers chain is hard apparently.

That or you have short term memory failure.

Point taken, but it was relevant to the thread and I wanted to get it off my chest.

OK, now please point out where I literally said "it" (whatever "it" is) "works on paper."

Get a blog faggot

God you are fucking autistic.

Enough info was provided for him the check on the thing I said you dumb fuck. It was not some vague nothing. It was a very specific point, being specific means easy to check up on.

Fucking sperglords.

If you cant see it. I cant fucking help you.

I'm forced to pick up the slack user.

Oh fucking boy you poor faggots only know a small part of it.

Yes we waste money on them when it can be used for better shit.

yep and add AAA bullshit from the publishers adding even more unrealistic exceptions.

It's fine, all you have to do is quote exactly where I said it. I'm sure you can do it, I have confidence in you. Surely you wouldn't just put words in someone's mouth and then pretend otherwise.

You know, that's something I don't understand. Are there honestly no Jews working in video games?

Okay, sorry for being a faggot.

You already did that though. And its right in your own sentence. So fuck you.

Shrug like Atlas did. When they demand to know why say "you hired too many idiots and the team cannot do the job you asked us to. Stop hiring retards or accept the job can't be done"

Shut up user. You're just talking shit.

Then I guess it should be even easier for you to do.

Only if it were that simple. Off topic did 4chan shut down again cause there has been a shit ton of 4chan Holla Forums cancer infecting this board.

Im sure it would, But i dont have to prove your negatives. You feigning dumb when people can see it themselves just makes you fucking sad.

Make games without voice acting

But dont put those ungodly textboxes with some blips blops sounds and some retarded animu avatar

See if anyones cares when the games are actually good

It is that simple. Don't pick up the slack, when they ask who failed to perform point to them. When they fail twice in a row that will be it.

Well here's what I'm going to do then. I'm going to call you a retard. I never said anything "works on paper," I was only talking about company stores and how they were not even remotely "like communism." Not even some special snowflake definition of the term that only you know. You made a kneejerk reaction post and couldn't back your stupid shit up. So now you can fuck off to reddit or somewhere else where people vomit shit from their mouths on subjects that they know nothing about.

In all honesty, the demands don't seem unreasonable. There'd need to be further negotiation regarding the restuctured bonuses system, but it's nothing crazy.

well no one cares about the media thankfully, Say what you will about GamerGate but atleast now even the biggest casual knows the fuckers are corrupt pieces of shit.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but your initial point was that labour unions were cancer because they had, at several points in labour law history, actively tried to shut down legal changes, etc. which would have benefitted workers because then the unions wouldn't be relevant anymore, right?

So I've looked up some stuff about paper boys and from what I can tell, either they didn't have any unions, or those unions did help the paper boys.

I am fully prepared to believe your assertion of unions being cancer, but do you honestly think having me flounder around in Google is the best way for me to learn about this? Do you seriously think asking me to become a historian versed in labour relations history in the United States is easier or faster than you copy-pasting a couple of URLs?

It's good to be thorough in researching stuff like this, I know, but all I'm asking for is a fucking starting point.

Most companies that divide work into various groups only evaluate on a group level. You could do your part of the group's job exactly as required, and if the guy sitting next to you working on the same job fails to do their work, and that causes issues on a whole, then the entire group is assessed as failing. They do this so people have to pick up each other's slack, and it's also a good way to make sure 'choose' to work overtime with/without pay.

Kikepedia doesn’t call him a faggot, so I doubt it’s true.

Is Patrick here with us?

Sorry dick bag when you say communist model, that does mean the "works on paper" concept. I gave you the chance to fucking stop but you want to be a fucking moron Ill point it out.

Second my point was that the COMPANY store was like REAL in practice COMMUNISM. That is was like how COMMUNISM has actually worked in practice. I get it you are too fucking stupid now to have understood something that fucking simple.

Which you whipped out the "MODEL" argument. Which again didn't counter what I said. And it literally is the ON PAPER IT WORKS argument.

And here is where this mother fucker just lies.

You guys missed it last night, a VA coming onto Holla Forums absolutely smashed and thinking himself to be the soul reason people enjoy games or any medium in general and should pay him thusly

We had a long….long laugh at him

At no point did I say or imply that communism "works on paper." Your illiteracy is embarrassing, you should stop for your own sake.

I was describing company stores, not talking about communism. I guess the word just triggers you.

WHO'S PATRICK?

He's probably going to be asleep for a while.
He was pretty fucking smashed.

Woah back the fuck up. I recall when the Silent Hill HD collection drama was happening all the replacement actors were giving Guy Cihi and the gang tons of shit. As it turns out Konami didn't own the voices and they DID owe them either royalties or residuals.

So retards like Troy Baker or Mary McGlynn better not be part of this stupid strike.

Lying sack of shit.

That's not even the worst of it. Guy did one VA job, one, for Nightmare in SCIII if I recall.

During his long and hilarious autistic rampage he managed to reveal his powerword to the whole thread. Unabated by this display of supreme idiocy, our dear Patrick kept at it, unperturbed people were shifting through his internet history.

I haven't seen anything quite like it in all my life.

See for yourself.
4fe1d2 is Patrick Ryan, programmer, father, CEO and internet autist.

I think it was more like they only had a contract for the RELEASE of one VERSION and they used the VO work for several versions including PC and re releases and got sued for not paying for those.

Id have to look that up but it wasn't ROYALTIES it was USE related, they didn't have the rights to USE the voices without paying for them on the other versions they put out.

Patrick Ryan AKA Nightmare from Soul Caliber 3 who basically equated his profession and skill to being the only reason people enjoy anything in games

I know, he wanted to be paid eternally for something he did when he was neither impressive or memorable enough for his work to get further high paying jobs

This is like somebody in the background of a Tom Cruise movie being paid Tom Cruise money simply because they're in the movie

And even he know his skill sucks at his job because he continued on being a programmer cause he knew where the real money is for less work

The only voice actors who get mega paid are the ones that go out and get hundreds of gigs

Hey, it only took you about a dozen shitposts to try properly responding.
Company stores are also not like the Soviet Union or any other "real actually existing communist" system, because the entire point of company stores was to minimize workers' net pay. The reason for this was so that money could be used to enrich the company (i.e., the shareholders), who would use that money for themselves in other markets. "Real actually existing communist" countries did not have external consumer goods markets to use, hence they had no incentive to eliminate consumer surplus, which is what company stores do.
Now, please drink bleach.

But they did you fucking historical illiterate.

What are bread lines. What are food RATION coupons handed out by the government.

We get it you are just a fucking moron. Who links together communist buzzwords like your average college hipster communist.

Point is, Japanese VAs get paid well and treated like stars, many a game or anime actively advertise famous VAs when announcing the product because it actually attracts costumers.

On the other hand Japanese VAs go above and beyond when it comes to their job, they take it seriously and it shows.

What have Western VAs to show for it? All they do is phone it in constantly, butcher Japanese release and smear their social justice shit on their public accounts. Why the fuck should I want these chucklefucks to get paid more, when I know I'm going to be the one that will ultimately be footing the bill?

The precedent for that was set after The Jungle Book movie where they did the show Tailspin and they used the voice actors likeness without being compensated

So now they just wrote it into the contract that VA's will be paid for that part and their license terminates there and then and they can go back to sucking cock

You know like how Sly Cooper has a new Carmelita in every version, because they're contracted per game

Yeah their demands are absolute and complete bullshit, but fuck the developers who claim they deserve it more. Let's review

Developers get

Voice Actors get

End of list.

Yeah developers get fucked by big companies like Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, but the vast majority of VAs have it exponentially worse. They are expendable. The industry doesn't care, a lot of times in remasters they're not even bothering to call the original VAs to get them to rerecord their rolls and replace them with some no talent hacks.

But user, they're asking for outrages stuff. Yeah that's how negotiating works, you never, ever open with what you want. You open with more than you want and some bullshit. During negotiations you drop the bullshit as concessions and the other side feels it won.

They aren't price fixing used to eliminate consumer surplus and keep workers on subsistence income, so that shareholders can use the money they thus gain to enrich themselves in easily accessible domestic consumer goods markets.
Please let me know when you learn what you're talking about.

You can make a game without VAs, or without "star" VAs. You can't make a game without developers.

Games aren't TV shows or movies. We don't need these attention whores that either deliver subpar performance or actively shit up games, like how fully voice dialogue ruined cRPGs.

bro, you sound like one of those Holla Forums faggots who claims that communism "works" just fine, just not any of the communist countries that have ever existed, because they were never "real communism." Like your special little idea of what specifically communism should be has never been tried or tested but it would totally work wonderfully, you just know it. And you're telling other people to drink bleach? Christ on a bike, son.

Japanese VA's know how the fucking business works and they don't bite the hand that feeds them and they spend all their time interacting with their fans and appreciating them

Its like Patrick Stewart on twitter is the most lovable person on earth, constantly appreciates his fans and their love for him, which gives him more work. Same with William Shatner.

Flip side is you got Harambe-I mean Lesslie Jones who shits on anybody who is the slightest bit critical of her and now nobody wants to fucking look at let alone give her a paying gig

Developers are often paid on average $15 an hour + bonuses/stock, that's why they kill themselves

VA's make on average $25-55 an hour doing voice work and are only around for 1/10th of the products production

I MEAN IF YOU WANT TO COMPARE SHIT AND ALL

Rumor is that Hayter was asking for too much fucking shekels, Keifer was a bit cheaper and Kojimmers couldn't pass up a chance to live out his westaboo Hollywood director fantasy.
Hayter has even been quoted before with "Pushing the limits with what voice actors make" or some shit like it.

Fuck him

Not sure if proxy or stupid. I have only ever been trying to talk about company stores, this nigger just keeps trying to Imply that I'm a commie.

He wanted to out a guy for being a communist. Isn't that what Holla Forums does daily?

To be fair, it's not just the chimpout that sunk her career. Everyone involved in Cuntbusters is pretty much dead as far as Hollywood is concerned.

It didn't help that all the dumb cunts starring in the movie had another flop right after Cuntbusters.

But yes, acting like a fucking asshole to your fans in public is never a good idea. You don't throw feces at the hand that feeds.

Keifer was better. No argument there.

Its parallels you fucking moron. The company store parallels how communism treated its people in actual action and function.You really are magically autistic.

I really wonder where that behavior came from though. It is true that fans can be very critical, but that doesn't mean shitting on them is a good way to win over support.

I mean fucking shit, you want to know where most of a games funding goes into?

Useless fucking management

Managers get paid 10x more than the top end programmers and do 1/100th the work

If you want to make money in games don't be part of the production system, be in management

Voice actors in a UNION also get Overtime and HEALTHCARE and a PENSION, Paid for by the UNION DUES.

Im not implying. Its pretty clear you are one at this point.

I would like some sauce for that. Looked neat.

She's a nigger and a woman, though likely has more testosterone in her than most men.

They're paying for it, they're entitled to it. I will never understand where this idea people buying something can't be "mean" to the people selling it to them.

It's my fucking money, I'm paying for your life expenses, I sure as fuck will be critical of you and whatever you are making you filthy, spoiled shits. Fuck PC culture.

Ok lets talk management.

Ill use this example. TIM SHITFACE. Look what he did once he had no manger oversight. You think mangers dont do shit. You have no clue.

Yeah, 'bout that. They can and often do get bought out, lied to, or outright laid off in the event of overbudget or studio death. See also: Rare, Neverland, most the husks remaining of the studios EA bought out, etc.

For an extra 6 months after termination of job. Jobs they work on a contract basis in an absurdly competitive market. And on top of that: Obamacare. So yeah.

Mandatory Overtime. Often with no proper compensation. See again budget constraints, studio death, and tack on to that shit like getting fired & rehired in a different dept of the same company to avoid tenure/bonus/wage issues (SUP, NIPPON ICHI SOFTWARE), or shitty powerplays that tie everyone's money up in court for years (name a kickstarter program and you'll get an account of horror of corporate greed at play).

We just went over this, but let's also tack on publishers withholiding funds and/or shorting the producers in an attempt to have said developers default on several milestones in order for said publisher to buy them out and work them at a cheaper rate or on an entirely different project (EA LOVES this move, also White Wolf motherfucker have you heard of it).

Nigga get real.

And they want $900 for a four hour session, plus residuals.

That's true of any business.

Sounds like they need a steady job.

You mean look at his quality of work as a writer for LucasArts vs as a manager?

PROVE ME WRONG YOU FUCKING NIGGER

IF IT'S SO OBVIOUS, WHY CAN'T YOU FUCKING DO IT

This is Phil Lamarr
youtu.be/GleHfIl_UHk
This is where he should have stayed.

More like it was clear as day now the managers keeping him on task are why he had good results at all.

You fucking lied.

I dont have to prove shit to you anymore. Liars do not deserve anything.

At this point you have no arguments, no proof, no discussion, except to call people names because you don't think what they said is right.

user you are a dumb shit and you have no idea what you are talking about with anything.

The movie is called hardcore henry

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLRB_v._Hearst_Publications
Gee, what an evil union those newsboys had.

I would have fucking loved to, but I've asked you three or four times now for a good starting point and you haven't given me one.

The guy actualy had both screen and stage experience , VA wasn't his end-all be-all achievement that he could put in his CV to show

Management is high stress position that's often underappreciated and overlooked. Most people can't manage more than 3 other people let alone entire teams. When the team fails at something management often takes the blame. If you divide their salary among all the people they manage it's not much money per person.

Was that entire scene a joke about video games
Because if it is it was done really nicely.

Thanks. I'm really out of touch with what movies are out these days since I gave up on TV a couple years ago and I never check to see what is "new" with movies and shit.

Yeah but developers are dime a dozen and a lot of them are talent-less hacks. See every diversity hire in the industry and Bethesda.

Having grown up without VAs fully agree. I never minded only hearing the cast talk in cinematics and reading novel length dialog in the game. I still like when endings have written details of what happened afterward. Wasteland 2 and Earth Defense Force 4.1 being recent examples where written dialog made the game great.

Yet the cast of Earth Defense Force 4.1 may have been cheesy at moments, but the game wouldn't have had the depth it did without the VA's work. The last missions hearing them discuss bases being wiped out, actually having breakdowns, just added a level of absolute despair that I began to legitimately question whether my actions would in the end mean anything and made the victory that much greater.

VAs aren't required, but when done right they make the experience great. I can name numerous games where they enriched the experience. I can also name quite a few where they added nothing to the experience and could have easily been replaced.

What's your point? That they should be around for parts they're not needed? They're still not given bonuses, healthcare or unemployment. They're contracted labor.

If you want Developers to earn more money, perhaps they should give up their benefits. That's the easiest way to raise you paycheck, because if a company is paying for your health insurance and unemployment you are not going to make as much. Factor in how much they're making with healthcare and unemployment and then compare that to VAs.

Fully aware developers get screwed over by companies. Didn't say they didn't. They should really stand up for themselves as well.

Over-saturating the market with developers is kind of a moot point. If you want to make an argument on this go for diversity hires forcing out talented developers who know what they're doing in the name of political correctness that then forces down the quality of the game because and this is shocking people not hired because they can do the job often cannot do the job.

raised the prices on companies, did not make Healthcare cheaper for the majority of Americans. My father for instance would have to pay close to a thousand dollars a month for Obamacare.

You know when something is a felony and you collectively let your company do it to you, I'm kind of not feeling sympathy for you.

Also a felony. Seriously developers are kind of delta in the way they let the industry treat them. There is a good discussion to be had about how this came to be, but the fact no one really wants to fix that issue isn't an excuse as to why publishers who pay their CEOs millions for doing nothing shouldn't have to pay some of their laborers the standard in most other industries.

Ah the Bethesda, also a fucking Felony! It's quite frankly insane what the video game industry gets away with that would get business owners in most other industries thrown in prison.

Believing that it still isn't fucking money you could have collected in your paycheck.

Hey you know here is an insane notion, instead of hating on VAs, how about getting a movement going to get some rights for the developers. We bankrupted fucking Gawker and ran other publications straight into the ground. Ice Cube fucking apologized to us after the Gamergate episode so he could maintain his gamer cred. Do not tell me that we can't get it done.

Except if they worked in movies, music, audio books, or any other field they would have steady pay. Yeah fuck them, but seriously any start to getting people in the industry some decent treatment I'm all for.

Rather pathetic that instead of everyone unifying against the people screwing over their employees and workers, everyone is more interested in shooting each other down. I wonder (((whom))) uses that kind of strategy to rule…I go ask my friend Machiavelli, I'm sure he said something about it numerous times.

Its called line breaks you fucking redditor
What the fuck is this huge ass post for?

And how are newspapers doing these days?
oh right
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_newspapers

Thanks unions

Pretty sure the union pay is still based on the union per session standard, plus whatever they're able to negotiate, not a monthly salary.
My point is that it kinda seems like they want to have their cake and eat it too, and they don't really have the leverage.

Who is shooting each other down?
We're just discussing whether we think the VA's are worth what they're demanding.

Yeah, if it weren't for those newsboy unions, print media would totally still be on top.

Doubt it's the unions themselves and more the internet making print obsolete, which makes the paperboy union's demands more unreasonable. These days papers have to rely on clickbait and ID politics which brainless commie VAs buy into and smear onto their social media account, advertising for the narrative for no pay. They kind of went full circle there.

It's called spacing it is a proper grammar concept to separate out paragraphs and is a standard in most industries.

TLDR: Fuck off Faggot.

Since we're going to be super pedantic about all this, I didn't say you're a Holla Forums faggot, I said you sound like one. Not sure if stupid or retarded. :^) how you like them apples, faggot?

probably because you keep fucking talking about communism. If I keep talking about Hitler and WWII and the specifics of Nazi Germany policies, some people may question whether I'm a fascist at heart. Even if I'm just talking about a "fascist" storefront "model."

sure, i bet you believe in the tooth-fairy too

i doubt that the unions helped though ,unless of course 'help' means digging the grave they're gonna lay in

You having a bit of trouble there user? What you posted doesn't make any sense.

You idiot, you brought it up and kept relating back to it. That user merely used the word you had already used, and kept using.

You're dumb as shit.

Buddy I know and talk with people in the industry, they constantly complain about how management is only around for at most an hour a day and the rest of the time they spend golfing with people higher up on them butt sniffing to get an even higher paying gig

The fuck are you talking about? I made one post telling him he sounded like Holla Forums. This right here is my third post. What do you mean "kept"? That retard was talking about the "communist model" of company stores like a hundred posts ago or some shit. I didn't bring it up, he and def525 did.

You are dumb as shit.

You're not considering the whole picture. They stand up, they get replaced. There are easily hundreds to thousands of persons waiting to replace them. Squeaky wheel gets replaced.

YOU made the argument using a string of examples that are "benefits to a developer/programer". MY argument was poking holes in each and every one of your examples. Keep up.

So stated, the over saturation is a fact-based state of being for the gaming market, as well as is obamacare being a sword dangling over their heads. Neither of which is an active benefit, therefore "health benefits" are more actively a cost to individual programmers unless their company is picking up the bill. Which they're likely not—not without serious bank (HA) or even more serious guidelines.

You know most crimes don't go reported in the nation, right? It usually takes something like a class action suit to raise a stink about deliberate dodging of labor laws, and those often get tied up and fucked up in court. Ask 2K/Gearbox, for example, how much liability they were held for with the suit against them & Sega for Aliens: Colonial Marines (spoilers: Answer is zero fucking dollars).

Keeping in mind the employment pool of programmers is, again, oversaturated, just how many programmers do you think are going to bitch when their paying job puts extreme duress on their day hours? No, it's not fair. But it's reality.

Again, reality. See also: Compile Heart/Idea Factory's birth. Meanwhile, Sega still holds one of Compile's former properties lock, stock, & key (Puyo Puyo). Not fair, not right, but reality.

SECOND VERSE, SAME AS THE FIRST

I only believe the money invested in the department of labor is going absolutely everyone except to the common American's hands. What I KNOW is that the turn away and rejection rate to qualify for unemployment is absurdly large, with an even shittier appeals process that could mean the difference in you being safe, or you being out on the street thanks to an eviction while still waiting on said appeal.

Point being, your arguments have too many flaws to take as upstanding. Refine, research, then present something different.

They're either exaggerating or they've got a crappy manager. Sucks for them.

im going to channel my autism here but for future reference, format your fucking posts like

response

second response

Your random double spacing makes that shit painful to look at.

He's a redditor, its really useless to try and make him stop acting like an idiot.

This guy and most anons from Holla Forums are contrarian faggots. The Star Wars prequels are shit

Sure looks like it.
gta.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Hollick

What the fuck are they bitching about? I' m lucky to get 170 a day working in roofing and that's 12 hour workdays 6 days a week and I get 150.

I get paid $97 a day. Feels bad, man.

they really have no idea how much we don't give a shit about them.

i thought i would care alot more then a did in MGS5 about the different VA for snake. didn't give two shits.

DUDE GOT PAID 100K of a little over a years of work

STILL BITCHING ave.Family makes 30 k a year in the US

Worst case scenario is they have to train some poor bastard to do voice acting, and even then it would probably be cheaper than putting up with these whiny cunts.

But then we wouldn't have Samurai Jack

This guy just makes me smile. What a testament of growing as a humanbeaning. And what a strong and independent person has xeir? become.
Pic. related. It's what I see when I look at these boards.

I think that was a reference to Old Snake's lifestyle.

Ok now i may need sauce for this too.

You have to go back.

filename

Yeah, because those government sanctioned amounts of iron-ore where people died in their backyards in China, those state owned farms in Cambodia, and those breadlines in the USSR were fucking paradise weren't they?

Thank you for correcting the record.

Come on now.

But he's an Englishman.