This shit runs smooth as fuck on my computer homey. I am so impressed

On my old computer, I couldn't play Dragon Quest VIII, but on this one, it runs like a charm. We Love Katamari and Katamari Damacy ALSO run extremely smooth, therefore I'm assuming the path to other similar low-intensity JRPGs is open. Any recommendations, my friends?

How did Yangus never become a meme? I didn't realize this thing was fully voice acted.

Enjoy those graphical inaccuracies.

Fuck you.

Fuck you and your low standards.

this tbh. pcsx2 is a fucking mess and every "improvement" comes with two regressions.

Gentlemen, I think you're both being distracted from the main point here: Dragon Quest 8 is a great game.

graphical improvements*

He's jealous that he has to set up his ps2 to play it instead of directly loading it up on his computer like a winner would do

Nah fuck you leatherhead

I downloaded DQ8 and played it in 1080 on PCSX2 but there were so many little problems that just felt wrong. I just plugged in my ps2 and played the disc.

Nobody cares

Play the .hack games, they were pretty nice. Also load up Zone of the Enders 2 and see if it still turns into a slideshow under hardware rendering.

It's a very good feeling when this happens.

There's a thread for PS2 recommendations, but if you meant emulation recommendations off the top of my head, I'd say: Shinobido, Bloody Roar Primal Fury, and Custom Robo (GC).
Enable clamping mode on full for custom maps to work on shinobido.

Here's some charts to help as well.

m8 in the pal version of zone of the enders they did nothing to compensate for the additonal lines that PAL has, there's literally just a black bar at the bottom of the screen, I have never seen lazy devs on this scale. And that's after I was happy to find and purchase it for $8. One day I will load the NTSC version on to my PS2 hard drive instead but for now I am still triggered.

The cable cost me £2 on ebay. And I only used S-Video because I'm using the composite connection on my TV for the Wii. All the comparison videos and screens I looks at beforehand showed S-Video being identical to Composite, even a little better to my eyes.

leave it to shitbrits to derail yet another emulation thread

ZOE2 runs okay now with the OGL renderer provided you have a good computer with an Nvidia GPU, cutscenes though have speed issues like most other games on the same engine but that might have been fixed alonside MGS3, the very first ardjet fight is one of the most demanding spots in the game so you'll know very fast if you can run it well enough.

I assume you mean component, because composhit is eye cancer -tier, also no excuses to not use RGB SCART if you're a britbong.

Unless I'm mistaken, is this an RGB scart cable? Because that's what I was using beforehand and the quality of the S-Video cable is miles ahead.

Yeah as long as all the pins are correctly soldered inside (some cheap cables actually have all the pins on hte outside but they're ot soldered inside), you obviously need an RGB compatible SCART port on your screen (not always the case and also sometimes only one of several ports has it) you might have to change omething inside the config of the PS2 for it to work properly.

If it works as it should it's on par with component, if it doesn't it's basically the same as composite.

Feels good man.

Many SCART cables are not properly wired. The cable needs to feed the correct switch voltage to the TV, so it knows it gets RGB input and switches it on. Otherwise you will just see a composite signal (which runs over a different pin).

Scart isn't always RGB, some consoles only put an AV signal through them, exactly the same in quality as composite

bump