RTS Thread

MY LIFE FOR MASTER YURI
edition

What Strategy Games are you playing?

What's you're favorite unit?

Any build orders/strategies you want to share?

Well you can do it all right here.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333848988
funkyfr3sh.cnc-comm.com/
cncnet.org/red-alert
store.steampowered.com/app/485980/
t3dstudio.ru/
steamcharts.com/app/21970
steamcharts.com/app/228880
steamcharts.com/app/290790
steamcharts.com/app/291150
steamcharts.com/app/318020
steamcharts.com/app/427250
steamcharts.com/app/333420
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I git gud at Empire Earth? I can keep up with the AI in epochs, but I never seem to have enough resources to outproduce them in units.

After all comrade; a mind is a terrible thing to waste

Any RTS that is weeb? never seen a full ugu! moe rts before.

Play against other players. The AI FUCKING cheats I swear to g-d.

The scene where she starts facing with her arse to the camera was fuel for many nights.

Yuri's Revenge really is the best RTS.

My life for master Yuri

Thanks westwood

Either GIT GUD or do as said.
Jesus, normal difficulty shouldn't be so fucking hard

Been playing Starcraft the original. The game feels so nice I'm kind of scared to play Starcraft II and disappoint myself

Some mods might do the trick, though I wonder if there are some weeb RTSs besides that one 2hu fangame I knew a while back

How does that mod work and where can I get it?

Warcraft III wack-ass custom maps best RTS experience.

I can never grasp this game.

Just off steam workshop user. Type in Spearhead. It replaces all the stupid Commanders with actual doctrines. Also adds a lot more units to play with and fortifying positions actually means something. Basically turns COH 2 into more of COH 1.

Or click this if you are too lazy
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333848988

Time for /his/-tier shitposting.
After playing a lot of Blitzkrieg and looking up a shitton of numbers I realized something dumb. There's no russian bias in WoT and War Thunder. Soviet planes and tanks are in fact that good

Pirate WoL, play through the campaign, uninstall, play some good RTS instead.

You can at least elaborate on that

What's was good on paper is not what was good in real life. The IS-2, for example, had two-piece ammo that was massive (i.e. low reserve ammo), expensive and very slow to load. Few of their early tanks contained radios, a major flaw. Reliability wasn't amazing but not terrible. Crew conditions were cramped and god help you if your tank was hit and you wanted to escape.

Still no Earth 2150.

I just grab whichever version looks to be the latest user. If you add it in paint I'll save that one instead.

That chart became an irredeemable mess once turned based strategy was included.

what is the first one? red alert 2?
Also, any games you can play as muh hitler? besides europa 4 that doesn't seem that good to me

Blitzkrieg

Honestly I don't dislike Civ 5 though I still prefer 4.
Yes.
Hearts of Iron?

Agreed.
Who even let turn-based shit into the rts general chart anyway?

whats the different between 1 and 2?

Red Alert 1 and 2? 2 has aged a lot better. You really don't need to play the first one to understand what's going on in 2 though. RA1 is free nowadays and can be picked up bundled with a fanpatch if you want.

1 has random generated maps, 2 is more scripted and has aged better I'd say.

I was actually asking about blitz but thanks anywas

Can you guess why I don't try to fix these things myself?

funkyfr3sh.cnc-comm.com/
cncnet.org/red-alert
One of these

Ah, my mistake. Blitzkrieg 1 is liked more than 2 despite the fact 2 has better missions. I'm not quite sure why but I also feel something is 'off' about 2, possibly related to the move to 3D. 1 also had plenty of spin-off games made by other companies, the most notable being Cuban Missile Crisis and Stalingrad (these solve the poorly generated missions).

Got it all pirated till LotV
Such as? Last RTS (outside of Starcraft) I played is CoH2

You aren't autistic?

My shit tolerance isn't that high.

There are some examples both in posts ITT and in that fucking chart.

Where do you think we are?

You aren't the right type of autistic?
What other RTS games do you like?

Second part was for

No, the right answer is my edits usually bring the overall quality even lower.

Well reducing the size by 5MB without any real loss in quality isn't a problem. It was going to have to happen sooner or later anyway.

store.steampowered.com/app/485980/

Depends on how much it affects gameplay.
Overall looks like slower Generals with one less faction.

why live
are there any other RTS games that let you customize units while you're playing?

I know, wouldn't hold my breath either considering this was the last game the developer made.

it hurts

I will rip you head off next time i see you dancing around with your weaabo katana-wielding faggots in shit suits. Full fucking gatlings and powerhammers on everything or go homo.

you're just jealous because your mom doesn't let you have TWO metal swords, folded over 1 trillion times, better than any filthy gaijin weapon

but isnt DOW3 a moba now?

No it doesn't. It rehashes paywall DLC units.

there's profits in watching your metal tin cans kill each other off so that neuropa can harvest your junk heaps, besides either of you can compete against holographic saw blades, oh you haven't invented holograms yet? pfft pff

It's not hard. Honestly I just learned everything I know from watching Spiritofthelaw and Resonance22. Granted I'm still a shitter that rarely follows their preaching but it gives you a decent grasp at the basics.

Speaking of which, whose up for some AOE2 HD?

How's Cossacks 3?

MY LIFE FOR MASTER LOLI!

whats your image from m8?

Well I faintly remember playing a bit of WoL, but I don't know anything about the expansions
Well you talk like you know your shit, so recommendations would be welcomed

Well, I'm not that big of an RTS player. I remember playing Tiberian Sun a decade ago however, and if Total War could be called RTS I like that style. I did have Red Alert 2 in the PS1, and it was pretty neat

It's from one of our own AoEII matches. I didn't play, but I saw the thread. The orange player fought valiantly to the death and gave all his shit to his ally.

He sounds both versed in the art of battle and generally wise as well.

I'm a fucking scrub but I'll try.

Gimme a few minutes then mate, don't worry about scrubiness or shit, I just want to have some matches.

Yeah I have to reinstall anyway.

I though the Imperium only hated /d/ and furry stuff.

And interspecies stuff like elf.*

What went wrong with this? Did it fail to live up to the years of hype?

МОЙ ЖИЗНЬ ЗА ЮРИЙ

Please don't invade Estonia.

МОЙ ЖИЗНЬ ЗА ПУТИН

Well it's done.

Rooms up m8, RTS Faggot Extravaganza. Just let me know yer' from here so I don't kick ya'.

Oh man, looks like I showed up in time

This particular guardsman has taste
It was actually about his double post

Closest thing I can think of is Valkyria Chronicles. And even that's a stretch.

Or maybe Advance Wars, but it's not realtime.

Japs can't into RTS design.

new game?

I have no fucking idea how that happened but I kek'ed heartily.

Aye, remaking the room in a bit, same name.

Any anons in here play Wargame: Red Dragon?

A bunch of guys at work are playing it and I'm on the fence about it. Seems like I could have a lot of autismal fun building army decks and all that, but I can't shake the feeling I'll spend the whole game looking at unit icons like I'm playing some sort of faintly abstracted version of HoI. Except without the Nazis, making it lamer.

Wargame is a lot faster paced than HoI though that's a problem in my experience. I find it too heavy on the micro and the only two played gametypes are shit (economy, the best one, is neglected). Deck building is fun though.

Game's up now

It's really cool, but I couldn't get into it just because of all the stuff going on at once. Also I never got to play the majority of my decks because I would hardly ever get to play NATO, only Warsaw pact.

GG Cwook, get bodied Zero ya' faggot :^)

Also Cwook, watch some of Spiritofthelaw's stuff on youtube, it's basically all I know of AoE but it has some decent info even if the guy goes ultra-autistic with the math. Basic tips I can give just from what I saw at the end is you need to collect all your sheep/turkey whatever as fast as you can, start off by building two houses right at the start, try and lure your boars, and delay farms as long as possible. Try to get in the tempo of hitting 22 pop and advancing to the feudal age with minimal to no downtime on the TC then with 27 to Castle. Fast Castle age shittery but it pretty much teaches you how to macro works in this game.

Greeks win again. Told ya they're #1 nation

Camels shat on you, I still find it hilarious they get them. Fucking Greeks.

Thanks, I'll watch those

weeb RTS are that rare? I thought nips liked autisum

Those guys are crazy good. Greeks get like everything in the damn game.I should just pick my nation, but that almost ruins the element of surprise

Sorry, I realized the first post seemed too lazy.

I wish 4.0 didn't fucking kill MP so hard, God damn. Anybody up for another round?

Graviteam Tactics isn't even that hard, it's slow as fuck and the AI is retarded. It's also really pretty.

It is pretty autistic though.

Probably one of the hardest RTS/RTT I've ever played. Slower than SC, but that isn't saying much. The one friend I've introduced to it has repeatedly mentioned how quickly and viscerally he is punished. If you fuck up (and you will fuck up) bombers will swarm over your positions and wreck you before you can even realize what is going on.

Imagine being a nip and thinking there's a whole bunch of russians in a cold war game that really want to get it on with lesbos

My life for master Yuri
Red Alert 3 never happened
JUST like supcom 2, C&C4 and the Homeworld Remastered edition

Have you played their new game? I hear they've improved the UI and AI a bit but I'm still on Operation Star.

Anyone else picturing a remake of Red Alert where all the characters are replaced with anime loli girls, with the game being called loli Alert?

Why do you keep mentioning games that don't exist in spoilers user? :^)

THEN WHAT IS THIS, MOTHERFUCKER?

an illusion

Some bad photoshop?

I dunno, man, looks like a pretty good photoshop to me.

Mental Omega update when?

anyone know where i can pirate the latest version of mius front with DLC included?

never ever
They have posted a couple of new unit videos. I hope there are some good balance changes besides new shit, if there's one thing we didn't need it's China getting even harder to play against.

MY LIFE FOR MASTER YURI

It's Cossacks 1 but more user-friendly and buggy.

Plot goes full retard several times over. Most missions boil down to "spam the unit we just unlocked for you because it hard counters everything you'll face"

Everything got streamlined to the point where people just run deathballs into each other and the game is over in about 10s.

AOE2 nerds, whose up for a few games?

Try the Wanderers of Sorceria campaigns for Warcraft 3. It's like a weeb/JRPG-styled RTS with tons of custom content.

I'd be willing to play some if you're still around.

Sure thing m8, just gimme a few minutes.

Rooms up, RTS Faggot Extravaganza. Let me know you're from here cause we don't need any pubstars stomping us

It's honestly really good, too bad nobody plays RA2 anymore, or MO for that matter.

Good game lad. I have siege onagers being researched so those would have been pummeling your ass in a minute or two

Cleaver name user

I really need to stop trying to drag out games, I ain't got the macro or micro for Imperial Age. Gee gee tho' m8

It's the new default name
What the fuck mark?

mARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKK

I don't really have to micro either, I was just constantly hitting the idle worker button to keep things going on. Can you key buildings into control groups?

Pick two

You can.

Do one with lolis

Wheres the AOE2 games nerds

>when you could be playing Supcom 2

I have no idea what is going on here, other than that someone is going to end up with a spanking.

Suppcom multi is never satisfying, now is it ?

MY LIFE FOR MASTER YURI
my granny has cancer, maybe this will save her

MY LIFE FOR MASTER YURI

Are the battle for middle earth games any good?

The second one was pretty neat, The AI cheats though and those shitty archers are OP
Remember to get the Unofficial patch which fixes the resolution

I wish more games would take the same approach as BFME2, The resource collection via mines that covered portions of the maps were good, The horses actually charged through enemy infantry instead of running uot to them an hitting them (I blame AOE2 for this sort of shit)
Custom Heroes were pretty neat, although a lot of people hated them early on because some of the abilities were glitched and instantly killed over heroes (I think it was the spear throw) but they're fixed in the Patch and maybe from the expansion

Fuck that grammar
I need to go to bed

people who wanted rts to look less dead

We needing a spanking RTS game.

Humans best faction

It's a shame they didn't make humans into an entirely separate campaign with more units and buildings

Also

They wanted to but ran out of time and instead decided to focus entirely on the alien races.

I think this mod only worked with the retail version of the game. Thats shitty.

Besides, UaW mistake was being a very limited unit-cap RTS.

I can recommend about half of the games from that shitty infographic, but instead I'm going to point you specifically in Metal Fatigue's direction. That doesn't mean it surpasses some of those considered the golden standard. It's just that having to manage three layers at the same time while also keeping track of your combots and workers (engineers? It was a long time since I've last played) bringing home precious salvaged combot parts builds the right skills and, once you stop being shit at the game, is really enjoyable.

pretty much limited on almost every level

Nigga, what are you on? The music was brilliant.

it's not Frank Klepacki best work since it's just his general style and I feel like he regressed with it

UaW music was the only good thing out of that game.

MF uses hovertrucks as multifunctional workers/engineers/resource collectors/scouts/part retrievers. They can also travel from ground to orbit by their own so they double as both ground and air units.

I meant that I don't remember how they are exactly called.

If dwarf fortress had time interruption removed except for pausing and was moded to have a warcraft III/C&C styled UI/mouse interaction would you play it?

I know alot of anons do but most of them are too busy playing dorffort to be posting on Holla Forums

Actually like to dip my feet into RTS since I know you can actually build galactic empires and shit.

Would you say it's impossible to play anything without a PC?

I could go for some AoE 2 action, would anyone be willing to play with the HD version?

Impossible to play anything good.

if dwarf fortress had a cleaner interface i would probably play it more often. so yes i guess

Not even the oldest? There has to be something with just enough memory to emulate.

It's not a memory issue, it's a controls issue. RTS needs KB+mouse.

Dune and C&C were on Genesis and the playstation.
They din't play well, most missions were casualized and units were beefed up to counter the abyssmal disadvantages of their control schemes. Simply put, you can't control an army with analog inputs only.

Thinking of alternate controls, it's a shame the DS (And the Wii U for that matter) din't get more RTS games. The touchscreen+buttons would make for a great control scheme while the top screen could be mission objectives and misc information, radar outpost view or something along those lines. Guess it's inline with the lack of railshooters with the exception of ghost squad and the HOTD pack and 6-o-d shooters like Descent and the Wii/PSmove controllers, wasted potential on those great ideas.

Damn.

Don't worry user, many of the greatest RTS can run on older machines. Games like AoE and its sequels, Red Alert 1 & 2 and the Tiberian series.
If you want something with a more sci-fi feeling, there's Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, the original Starcraft, Dune and Dawn of War. Dawn of War has 3D graphics, but it runs on my old-ass laptop just fine.
If what you really really want is to manage a galactic empire you probably want turn based games, though. Master of Orion 2 is a great starting point (MoO 1 is also good but too old for my tastes). Alpha Centauri is possibly the best game of its kind, with gameplay largely similar to the Civilization series before it started releasing half-assed games.

Personally I found that horsemen and monsters to be OP, especially since they can just run from spears. Horse archers are just evil. FUCKING TROLLS GET OUT OF MY FORTRESS! RRREEEEE!!Archers I feel have a inconsistent range, somehow they can't shoot from far away if you give them orders. I had fun making custom heroes, only wish they had more options.
Anyone here interesting in playing a few games through game ranger? Sadly my internet is kind of shit, but I'd still give it a go.

my nigger
Is there any multiplayer population for either of the Kohan games at all? I played them both many years ago, but I never bothered playing online.

ever think it was weird how mirabel and viktor could run people over in universe at war?

The problem I literally have nothing else to use.

Both computers I've ever owned completely went to shit on me, first laptop I've ever owned completely stopped connecting to the internet then got its screen smashed. After even having shitty luck with at least 4 different tablets, I'm lucky to have this new one I traded for $15 from a friend who got bored with it.

I haven't tried multiplayer for the first one, and I haven't done multiplayer for the second one in literally years so it's hard to say. There was at least enough of a community back then that a few 4 player games could be had.

bruh what it's faster than dawn of war on regular comp settings

Agreed, why don't people just start adding other irrelevant genres like Super Mario considering they have much more to do with Real Time Strategy given they're Real Time rather than Turn based

There are some servers for RA2. I was in them 2 months ago. There were people, but everyone is on the hardcore autism side. And it's unpleasant to play in multiplayer.

Should I play Blitzkrieg 1 or 2?

I could get into this.

No. Enough colorful shit.

I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but some russian team is making a Doom RTS over at this site t3dstudio.ru/

It does have multiplayer through a very shoddy P2P application but it's getting constant updates as of late. The resources system is the most simple i've ever seen. Basically it limits on 2 things: how much power you have to build things in pararel and how much time each building or unit takes to build, so it's more like a RTT game with basic basebuilding more than anything.

so that's basically a top down zdoomwars?

Pretty much. Well, except that it has central bases and lacks Hexen, Heretic and Strife factions to slug around with. And that UAC and Hell are separate factions.

youre the reason brown and bloom exists

Overly colorful and overly bright is not good, period.

what a mature point of view! have a coupon for doritos and mountain dew

We're talking RTS here. Why do you shove EA games into this ? Even games like DoW , PA and Grey goo aren't lacking in colors.
Why do you insist on projecting ?

you really must hate rts if you dislike colors. maybe you shouldnt try to shit up another genre with your garbage taste and go back to your xbox

stop, projecting this much is not funny

i dont think you know what that means

I don't think you do either.

You're both faggots, why aren't any of you playing RTS right now?

Because last faf game was a 1v3 , got 2 out of 3 but last one killed me with 4 arty and 2 experimental arty.
I don't want to relive that bombardment for a while.

Artillery is fucking annoying in suppcom.

well then continuing in this direction is pointless if were both hostile and confused.

alright then lets start at the beginning. why ignore the quirky setting that could easily make for an unorthodox rts with all kinds of wacky strategies?
its fun to think about anyways

im in the middle of ai war after a months long hiatus since im excited at the prospect of a sequel. im trying to get reacquainted with the interface. maybe if it were more colorful and had cartoon characters it could hold my attention better.

neinzul ships are hilarious, but fireflies are on a whole different level of ridiculous. i really want to like the astro trains setting but i cant stand the tractor beams. if you leave it on the lowest setting theres only cargo, so that can be fun to deal with a dire guardian once in a while. although on higher settings they will spawn more *fun* beasties which ill miss out on unless i want to deal with the other horrors of the pain train.
maybe next game ill start with raiders, they are immune to tractor beams.

Vanilla RA2 MP is definitely not a pleasant experience. That said the MO release 3 might be relatively soon so multiplayer for that mod will be back at least.

Why? I've played enough LAN to get a good feel and it was good.

It's just not what I want out of an RTS. Games usually devolve into pigeonholed faction roles (Soviets = Rhino spam, Allies = cheese with IFV/cannons or turtle and try to tech, don't even get me started on YR) and it only gets worse at higher levels of play. Your options are so narrow you either end up doing slight variations on the same shit over and over again or you roll the dice and possibly win or lose before anyone knows what's happening. It turns out unsurprisingly similar to TibSun, although slower and less fundamentally broken.

Make up your mind, m8.
Also, I haven't played YR in a while, LAN or no, but I believe rocketeer spam should still be the shit if someone is trying to be particularly anti-fun. Not sure about Soviets in YR, things changed too much.

And that's where enjoyment of playing video games against other people comes in.

How is TibSun faster than RA2, especially YR?

Oi, I'm a dumbass, I just realized you weren't specifically talking about YR but said it's even worse.

Well, I don't know what version we were playing on (and so if any patches changed anything), but almost anything worked back then if you were good enough. You could literally just spam a hundred or two conscripts and win in a historically-accurate way, for example. Everything hinged on what your opponent was doing, whether you knew that, whether he knew you knew and whether he knew what are you doing.
Fun fact: did you know that deploying about 8 Desolators in your base is an excellent anti-paradrop measure? Or that several of them perched on a cliff are decent against anything with medium and lower armour?

UGHHHH

So what's available then?

RTSs are dead.
RIP

I only played dow 2 recently (actually RTT) and dow SS (multiplayer).

No, user, you are dead. If you don't believe me just ask a doctor - there is a skeleton inside what you think is your body.

TibSun appears slower than RA2, but the meta strategies revolve around rushing the opponent as soon as possible and destroying the cony with an unstoppable force, like 10-20 grenadiers/engineers in APCs or spamming Titans as GDI. And bikes and bikes and bikes and more fucking bikes as Nod with a bit of artillery support, or a subAPC with engineers. There's some ridiculeous stuff you can pull like being able to tech up in less than 4 minutes to up to 7-10 Banshees or Orca Bombers if left unharrased, which breaks the game in 1v1s to no end due to the fuckhuge maps.

Game's surprisingly easier to handle if you're doing teamgames however, as most of your units (like MRLS and EMP trucks) aren't as useless for harrasing large forces and bypassing bridges. It is still more broken than RA2, but somewhat equal to YR if you're willing to play against someone using Yuri.

Ah, the dreaded meta. This, among other things, is why I no longer play in MP.

It's a shame, these games are fucking great in MP but extreme tryhards and people who have been playing since 1999 completely ruin any sense of strategy in them. It's like they're attempting at playing starcraft with tanks instead of zerglings.

Kinda hard to find any lobby nowadays that isn't just one guy that will completely wipe the floor with you regardless of what you do, which is why i steer away from lobbies like Cncnet. Playing with friends or in compstomps, however, isn't as jarring as long as things are kept to a low level of competitiveness.

Really? They must really hate themselves and the game by now. It probably feels like serving a prison term, not even as a loathed job.

I think there are two kinds of people who play MP: those who liked campaign, setting, art, characters etc. and decided to try MP, and those who treat SP as a glorified tutorial and can only enjoy the game if they win as much as possible in MP. To each their own, I suppose.
Still, being able to find people of the former variety to just have a little fun without having to memorize build orders and perfect microing (I did that and was rather good for an amateur, but it soon enough became a chore) would be nice.

To expand on TibSun's problems a bit further, the tech tree is fucked and you can keep access to tech even if you sell some of the prior buildings, most importantly the radar. Light infantry are crazy strong in groups and their only early counter is disk throwers, which take micro to use well. This also makes rushes better as you get cost-effective units from selling your buildings before you attack. GDI is heavily favoured, while Nod has to work with 3-4 good units. The disruptor glitch is a standard tactic, there's a different glitch you use to beat that glitch, and there's a variation on that glitch that's soft-banned because it's too good. It's an absolutely retarded game.

I love C&C, but I'm not playing it online unmodded. The games are too much of a case of getting worse the better you know them.

So anons, ready for Star Wars Empire at War 2, a F2P ESPORTS MOBA?

Dirty cunt do give them ideas

Base defences aren't good enough to deal with basic infantry? I knew buggies and wolverines are shit at what they are supposed to do, but I thought at least towers are decent.
And what about flame tanks?

No idea what glitches you are talking about. I've never played TibSun in MP, let alone "competively", so the only thing I know is that Disruptor is a GDI unit.

Hey Holla Forums, fun thing, Destructive Creations (Hatred and ISIS Defense dudes) were at local gaming event here. Anyways the company head was there too and I asked him about next game and apparently it's going to be a historic real time strategy. Which, considering they're proud patriotic Poles, makes me hope for being able to steamroll German tanks with some Polish hussars or something. One problem is, apparently they want to release it on consoles too, PS4 and such. So, this makes me kinda cautious, but also interested. If there's one thing they're actually good at it's destructible environments, and if I learned anything from Company of Heroes is that destructible battlefields are a treat.

Pic related, proof it happened.

Will never happen considering what they did to Dawngate. Rest in peace you glorious piece of shit, you were the best thing that happened to the genre since DotA 2 was released and now you're dead ;-;

Disruptors have a glitch, where if you groundfire at an specific angle, the laser beam extends and stays for longer than if you were to aim at a single unit, and since it damages EVERYTHING under said laser and it goes through basically everything, you can destroy several buildings (like refineries or conyards) in a single well-placed shot from a single disruptor, when it would normally take two or three.

Laser turrets are shit against 25+ infantry or grenadiers (heck grenadiers OUTRANGE laser turrets), they need like 3-4 shots to take out a single infantry and by that time they're already destroyed. GDI chaingun turrets fare a bit better because their ROF is higher and they deal splash damage but they have weaker armor and thus die faster, and due to how the towers work they're also more expensive, take longer to build and have almost the same range as the Nod L turrets so the're still shit. Rocket troopers are useless unless you're a cheeky bastard and manage to sneak 5 of them behind the enemy base, so most Nod players just spam infantry, they also fare somewhat better against Titans and Tick tanks but they can be crushed easily by either of those, so constant micro is still needed.

Actually buggies (but not wolverines, wolvs are better vs infantry) are ridiculeously strong against armor and buildings while still being somewhat decent against infantry despite their armor being shit. Bikes are better against buildings because of their range so they're used the most, but a band of 5-10 buggies is terrifying if you don't have at least 3-4 titans or an equal amount in bikes to counter them. Nod tick tanks are complete shit if not in deployment mode, so they're only useful for defenses unlike the mobile artilleries because of their engagement ranges.

Then they're idiots

Well, Hatred had garbage gameplay and got boring after 20 minutes and ISIS Defense is just awful.

Unless they're making an actual game and not just hoping to cash in on another trash game with controversy behind it I don't see what's there to be excited about.

Also the fact that it will be on consoles already makes it irredeemable trash.

For all we taunt about nogamestation4, if they actually do make a game for it, they'll definitelly cash in on all the people who DO have a ps4 since it'll probably be the only good game on the system for a long while asides from Furi.

What's the bet it'll be an Auschwitz Camp Manager Game?

Ah, that. I think I've seen this happen a few times, but it never occurred to me to try and exploit it.

As for turrets, I got curious and dug up rules.ini for TibSun which I haven't looked at for many years. It's sad, really.

They must have changed something regarding buggies with patches because their weapon (RaiderCannon) is straight up a nerf of wolverine's weapon (AssaultCannon) with both having the same warhead (shared by vulcan towers too).

Are there any games like Herzog Zwei/Airmech that aren't F2P shit? I'm mostly interested in LAN play with friends. Or am I going to have to /agdg/ this one?

Please remove the "Wait for Dawn of War 3 like the rest of us".
I am pretty sure no one does anymore ;_;

Why would consoles damage RTS so badly? Are there things you need to do that quickly scrolling with control sticks and pressing X on every

The fuck happened to my post? It wasn't even fully submitted.

thing wouldn't cover?

Well one game that benefited from the limits console put on the developers was R.U.S.E. Shitty control schemes forced them to focus on macro over micro and the game benefited from that (PC version is still superior since it doesn't have a unit cap and controls better with a M+KB). Once the same devs had no limitations they made the crazily micro-heavy Wargame which.

On the other hand End War got fucked by trying to work on consoles so it depends. I think R.U.S.E. is just a case of limitations inspiring innovation.

Just for you user.

You're not that one fag who's been posting threads about it being a moba despite having base building and armies, are you?

Fuck I miss that game. Is it sad you can not even get it the game anymore yet it's actually more popular than recent RTS games?

steamcharts.com/app/21970
steamcharts.com/app/228880
steamcharts.com/app/290790
steamcharts.com/app/291150
steamcharts.com/app/318020
steamcharts.com/app/427250

Also we will never get modding or map editor support for R.U.S.E.
We will never get R.U.S.E. 2 that was meant to feature a Pacific Campaign including naval units and island invasion

I still regularly play when I get grab a few friends. It's almost impossible to get a non-1945 game though and I've always enjoyed Total War, 1939 and 1942 more (1945 just doesn't work well in a 3v3 or 4v4, everyone just spams the same units and tactics every game).

To be fair a modern R.U.S.E. 2 would be P2W as all fuck. R.U.S.E. had the Super Pershing unlockable already (also Japan who are arguably P2W in certain gametypes) and that was downright silly.

I should point out that 1945 is objectively the best gametype for 1v1 and probably for 2v2 also. I've only played Nuclear Mode once and it was fucking terrible.

steamcharts.com/app/333420

To be fair that's been out for just over a month. R.U.S.E. has been unpurchasable for over a year.
More importantly is Cossacks 3 any good? I saw a 'Digital Deluxe Edition' and immediately wrote it off as forcing you to unlock units/factions over multiple games route. If that's not the case I might actually look into it.

bump

1942 was actually a far more balanced gamemode.

I try to stay positive about this. DoW3 will kill the series and then, in some ~10 years, we'll get a good total conversion or fan-made game because people are both autistic and nostalgic.

TW:Rome 2 is actually AMAZING if you install Divide et Impera mod.

I dont think you can describe any game as "amazing" if it requires mods to fix it

Oh well.
I meant the gameplay and the game itself with the mod is great.

Name one "amazing" RTS game that wasn't heavily modded and people were completely happy with the vanilla game.

Is there still an AoE2 scene? I never got into multiplayer beyond kicking the ass of the dudes I knew in high school and I've been watching replays on youtube that have made me think about the game in ways I'd never imagined.

Act of War
Spinner Drone

There has been a mild revival since it got re-released on Steam.

Holla Forums GIVE ME SOME FUCKING GAMES THAT HAVE THE FLAVOR OF CNC AND FUCKING RED ALERT! PLEASE FUCK HOLY SHIT I AM DYING INSIDE BY THE LACK OF ORIGINAL RTS WITH UNIQUE ART AND ATMOSPHERE!

Rise of Legends.

Quick question, how did Starcraft get so popular? I never heard anything about here in Europoor CNC was more the dominant RTS

It's still active, although newbies get turned off these days because they meet veterans in the multiplayer and get their shit kicked in.

Only problem is how slow it can get if you run out of depot income before a decisive battle. Less of a problem in smaller games, of course, and I prefer the depot-heavy gameplay to just churning out admin buildings which inevitably happens in any 1945 game that goes on long enough.

Supcom FA?

The big mod everyone gets for it is basically just a multiplayer matchmaker.

FAF? Don't the devs hate Cybran for that mod

Koreans.

No seriously, that's it. They're absolutely retarded and the scene grew so big in there they had $10k tournaments regularly for it, birthed the cancer that is Esports today.

more of these, please

You what m8?

Half the mp games are for newbies only.

t.noob