Nintendo Switch is NOT "backwards-compatible" with physical 3DS / Wii U games (Famitsu)

nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/nintendo_confirms_switch_isnt_physically_backwards_compatible_with_3ds_and_wii_u_software
perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-nintendo-confirms-lack-retro-compatiblity-note-battery-life/

>First, they asked whether Nintendo was positioning the Nintendo Switch as the Wii U successor. Nintendo replied that its new console didn’t really fall in the usual “(stationary) home console” category. As such, it’s not really appropriate to call the Nintendo Switch the Wii U’s successor. That being said, Nintendo did confirm that their new console was first and foremost a home gaming system.

>When asked whether the Nintendo Switch would be compatible with Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, Nintendo replied that it wouldn’t be the case, as it’s not a successor to either platform.
>But there’s something really interesting about that answer: Nintendo clearly specifies that you will not be able to use Wii U game discs and Nintendo 3DS cards. Does that mean downloadable games and digital versions of games will be compatible, and that the lack of retro-compatibility for physical copies of games is only due to the expected lack of disc drive/3DS card slot?

>Unfortunately, Nintendo didn’t give any details regarding the game cards, just that they would be called… “game cards”. As for the battery, Nintendo wasn’t very talkative either, but confirmed that the whole thing was designed so that users could play as long as possible, “comfortably”, even in places where you don’t have access to a power outlet. Specifications about the battery life will be shared at a later date.

Blogpost - I'm genuinely pissed off about this. Backwards compatibility with previous-generation hardware is one of few things Nintendo actually did right for over a decade.

Other urls found in this thread:

please
gematsu.com/2016/10/media-create-sales-101016-101616
wiiudaily.com/2016/06/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-runs-at-720p-30-fps/
archive.is/Bo77p
blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/
mynintendonews.com/2016/06/16/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-features-different-visuals-on-nx-but-same-experience/
archive.is/7pRKZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No backwards compatibility only means it doesn't have a disc drive. I'm sure you'll be able to download them digitally.

nintendo sux

If you thought it would have BC after everything we know (even before the video), you're naive.

Yeah that's annoying, but not very surprising to me. I'm more disappointed that it won't be able to play 3DS games at the very least since they already use cartridges.

But at the same time I kind of feel like these things can't stay backwards compatible forever, every time. I'm sure it eats up some kind of resources implementing that.

Are Nintendo fanboys in denial?

I like to own my games, thanks

So no backwards compatibility, hardware specs of a tablet, docking station is a charging port and streamer, battery won't be able to last a few hours before dying, clunky mini controller and higher chance of damaging it due to wear and tear thanks to switching control mode, WiiU controller won't work on this. Why is anyone going to buy this shit?

CFW will fix it.

It fixes hardware now?

what did he mean by this?

As opposed to downloading them physically?

The NX doesn't have a second screen so how would it properly support 3DS games?
It might not even have a touch screen.

Not surprising, but still disappointing. I didn't mind an announcement being made so soon even though I actually own a Wii U because I figured I could play my games on the new console. The hardware's an interesting idea, but if I can't play my old games on it, then Nintendo's going to need to pull their head out of their ass and actually make a good sequel to something for me to even think about it. Nothing half-assed like the last few Fire Emblems, or Paper Marios or whatever. Would consider buying it if they announced an uncensored port of #FE because I've loved Fire Emblem for a long time, but I refuse to support that kind of "localization".

But you need to consider how shit the Wii U was handled though. It got fuck all support and was seemingly written off by nintendo pretty quickly. Now there's ANOTHER nintendo console that will most likely have fuck all games like the Wii U did with the added fuck you of not being able to play the few wii u games people actually want to play.

So on top of the exclusivity of nintendo games being on nintendo consoles (with region locking + censorship on top of that) we only get a handful of games and even fewer good games per system before having to shell out even more cash to buy into the next gimmick ridden piece of underpowered shit that will be discarded in 3 to 4 years time.

The current generation is already irredeemably shit but this takes the cake

I get that it doesn't play WiiU games because of the lack of disc drive but why not 3DS games?

I hear they've been dodging the question of whether it's touchscreen or not, that could be why.

Don't get me wrong, I wish it WAS backwards compatible. I'm just saying it doesn't surprise me that it isn't. Not condoning it, just not surprised.

Why is this surprising to anybody? If the wii u had any worthwhile games on it they would have bought it before. Right? Isn't that what all you anons had been saying right?
But seriously the first round of games on the Switch will probably be a bunch of 'definitive' versions of wii u games or something, or nintendo is insane enough right now to think they can and should support three systems.

Because then the Nintengoyim will have to buy them again

They would play like shit anyway.
Imagine stretching both screens with a separator in the middle on a single tablet that isn't even that big.
Or worse, have the tiny square screens with a separator in the middle and the rest is black.
Again, on a tiny ass tablet screen.
Do you really want that?
Who the fuck WANTS that?

I have a tablet somewhere that can emulate DS, and it looks like shit, yeah. You get the two little "screens" side by side, and a ton of unused space. Terrible looking and not fun to play on.

No, the Tegra the Switch runs on is ARM based, which means games that run on Power Architecture based devices, aka the GC/Wii/Wii U, will never work on it unless you pack in a separate chip for it, like the GBA chips in the DS/DS Lite, or if the device software emulates it.
It has NOTHING to do with the device having a disk drive in it or not.

Technically the 3DS should be compatible with the Switch with some software tweaks since the 3DS runs on ARM itself, so I'm guessing they're saying it isn't backwards compatible because it isn't compatible with cartridge games and eShop releases will happen later.

The 2DS is just one screen.

They are planning to Re-Release WiiU games to make more money back from a failed console. They Will be a New Smash with some new characters + that Mario Kart and Splatoon game you saw.

There are people dedicated enough to mess with hardware right now.

But I highly doubt anybody will want to get their hands dirty with the switch. Without any expansion options whatsoever what would be the point

Fair enough, but the vertical length is what allows that to work.

Google it, there's actually a giant touch screen under the frame.

As if I haven't dropped it hard enough already.

Also

I don't get this, only the Wii and Wii U ever had true backwards hardware compatibility and the handhelds only had BC up till the 3DS, which was trivial to do considering the die shrinks for the GB/C chips allowed them to be placed into the GBA and GBA SP, DS/DS Lite, but not the GBA Micro since they omitted a few chips crucial to running GB/C games. Even the Wii U's BC was half done because the Wii U could do Gamecube games but they didn't officially support it through hardware (the disk drive couldn't take GC disks) or official software (you can't play GC games in Wii mode, only if you install CIOS and a loader to play off an external device).

please use archive.is/articles/2013-08-29-nintendo-2ds-twin-displays-are-actually-a-single-big-touchscreen

its just 1 display panel

You're an idiot, user.

so? the controller can be remove and you can just turn the console vertically.

Serious question. How would you expect to play a 3ds game on the Switch when you saw it?
As for Wii U, I can possibly understand as they could have maybe put a disk drive in the dock.

Right. And with everyone in this thread talking about the 2DS being 1 panel there's no reason not to. Into the bog you go you double nigger.

Holy shit you people are stupid
see

it was over before it even started

Wrong, see
No, you're an idiot considering the Tegra runs on a completely different architecture than the Power architecture that the GC/Wii/Wii U run on. You're a tech illiterate dumbass, get off this board.

I think the whole problem here is, the Switch does NOT have a WiiU-disk drive. Even if it can run WiiU software, how would it read it?

No, see

Yet another reason to avoid this joke of a console.

MONSTER HUNTER BACK ON CONSOLE AT LAST.

They were half done but they still had backwards compatibility for at least 1 platform. Micro came out well after the DS had been out so don't cherry pick that shit.

Nintendrones have been doing this kind of shit for years. When are we going to exterminate them?

Has a card slot. No reason for them to not have designed it to run 3DS cards.

And put it down somewhere while you use a regular controller? That can work, though it will limit you a bit since you need to set up a place to stand the Switch.
But you'll be screwed for games that require a lot of touch screen use, like Kid Icarus Uprising.

Why are you responding to me when I'm responding to someone who is actually pissed over it. I said "partially understand" for a reason, as in I can understand why someone might think is should be possible compared to the 3ds, but yes, obviously the architecture is different.

Choose one and only one you retard.

Reminder that Nintendo ordered a hit on their former MVP employee who left the company after creating the Game Boy Pocket to make the WonderSwan for Bandai. This guy was the creator of the d-pad among other signature Nintendo shit and that is the way Nintendo chose to repay him. But I guess it's okay for Nintendrones if Nintendo does it eh?

cool meme

Not replacing either consoles or handhelds, huh? They said DS wasn't replacing Game Boy. Look how that went. They're blatantly lying because they don't want to outright say "yes we're abandoning our recent systems, you're a sucker for buying them". Because society is retarded, no one is calling them out on it.

Here we go we have one of these legal faggots that like to constantly wank off about how you don't own your games anyway. Usually the type that tries to justify shit like Steam and other forms of online digital rights management. The difference between a physical console game and a digital Steam game is that the law cannot stop you form doing whatever the fuck you want with your physical console game. Sure there's the threshold between the cart and the hardware requirement but as long as they're both there you own them. Even if the law says you don't, you don't have to follow unjust laws as they are meant to be broken. Steam DRM forcibly locks your games to their servers so you better hope someone has a crack, but most games are easier to pirate than buy legally anyway so why bother.

Fuck off and never come back MikeeUSA.

RIP Gunpei.

flexibility != ownership
Not the argument you could be making.

Thats common knowledge for everyone though, just look at the pattern. The only company that support their old console after the release of their new one is Sony. PS3 still have games release for the system, 3 YEARS AFTER PS4 WAS RELEASE.

This surprises the hell out of me because it was the original lol nogames meme platform. Still getting the new BlazBlue on it too.

PS2 got releases until 2014.

What did he mean by this

Honestly, as someone who owns both the Wii U and the 3DS, I don't care because making this console a fresh start for Nintendo is more important

Same thing happened with the ps2, that got games for fucking years after the ps3 released

I feel pretty bad laughing at this statement since it's like I'm laughing at a mentally ill patient.

The 3DS is probably the least shit gaming platform of this gen and I got my Wii U refurbished for $200

why would you laugh at someone who has good games to play?

I bought my Wii U because of Monster Hunter, then capcom decides to abandon it and stick with the 3DS.

Still too much money in my book. Did you get it for piracy at least?

I wasn't particularily expecting it. Please jesus let it let me play all my Virtual console games
Before you get triggered, I've only gotten those from club nintendo

gematsu.com/2016/10/media-create-sales-101016-101616

Peoples still bought a brand new PS3 system in japan, it even outselling Xbone. its the only last gen system on the list

Unless you understand nippon and imported your 3DS or live in Japan then I truly feel bad for laughing. This is worse than beaten up wives.

How new are you?

I would've gotten a Vita if I cared about that

It really is, nintendo fags will really convince themselves of anything this whole Switch debacle proves it.

I'm waiting until the Vita has CFW and working emulators, once that happens its going to surpass the PSP.

Don't bother replying. It probably doesn't realize you can have more than one company's game systems.

dude CFW and emulators have been out since August

Try when the microSD adapter is on the market.

Jesus Christ stop.

Better than no games on a Vita

and yet fags in my local FB gaming group are lapping it up already like the thirsty consumer sluts they are.

there is but one rule: until good games are made again, do not give anyone any money.

>being enough of a flaming weeb to import a 3DS when you can just region-spoof a cia (or lately change your console's region from JP/USA/EUR to one of the others if you really want to read moon constantly)

And here comes the blame-the-others party. Pretty sure if I want mobile gaming I can play it on the PC.

I've only recently started playing old 8 and 16 bit games, so at least I have huge backlog

And now its (2)
The switch looks fucking awful.
It can play games at 720 less at 30 fps, how the fuck do you find that acceptable?

In fairness Vita really does have absolutely shitall to play if you're not interested in otaku-bait. I think it has Dynasty Warriors but that's about the only thing in its entire lineup that interests me at all.

If I pull that CFW off would you die?

probably
Did you mean
To which I ask, how do you know that?

I don't see any evidence showing or stating that.

wiiudaily.com/2016/06/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-runs-at-720p-30-fps/
Funny or not I got this from a nintendo shill on facebook saying this is why its GOOD

I fucking lol'd when he started playing skyrim on it

Hey dumbass, try reading the article you post before using it in an argument. It says they were testing the Wii U version.

Silky smooth 15 FPS, a true cinematic experience.

Right buddy, so it it can't work on the Wii U it will sure work better on a tablet.

What a little retarded faggot you are.

It's gonna be total horseshit like the Wii U/3DS batteries; 2-5 hours. Also the fact that it will have 3 separate batteries is gonna fuck it over in the long run

According to these faggots thats A okay.

No, we're saying you're looking at the Wii U version, not the Switch version.

Read more carefully, user. Though I understand how you missed that if that shill presented it to you as being about the NX.

But let's pretend that it was about the Switch.
They said that BoTW was running at 720p and that it couldn't stay at 60fps, dropping.
That doesn't say that all the console could handle is 720p, and that doesn't say the console can only display 30fps.
This is further indisputable since they were actually talking about Wii U

Shouganai.
Sorry.

Their marketing department is fucking retarded overseas too, I see.

As for backward compatibility, it's not really a surprise that it's absent. That tends to happen with architectural shifts. The only reason it's been a mainstay of Nintendo systems for these last 15 or so years is their shared architecture making BC trivial. Now they'd be looking at software emulation, something even the best ARM CPU probably isn't up to doing with satisfactory results.

BC doesn't interest me, and frankly it doesn't interest anyone else outside the first 12-18 months of a system's lifespan either. Consumers just want that security blanket easing their transition, then they forget about it forever. Manufacturers have taken note of this and mostly decided that it's more important to save the cost of doing it than to placate the sub-1% audience that will complain.

How about you stop talking shit about things you know nothing about? If the NX/Switch/whateverthefuck is shit we'll find out long before its release date because Nintendo will have to release details by then.

Considering said "tablet" will have a Tegra based chip and possible Pascal based GPU integrated within, and not running on a decades old Power architecture and IBM chips, yeah user. Try being less tech illiterate.

We don't know the specs, and if you're assuming that mobile tech can't be that capable then you need to get with the times.

I was wondering about this and considering how Nintendo completely gave up on the Wii U, I'm not surprised, almost expected it.

And what I'm saying is they are using the Wii U to test hot it will peform on the Switch, the Wii U has similiar specs to the Switch.

So explain to me you retarded apoligist faggot how you suggest a fucking
TABLET
Will run better then a fucking plug in the wall console.

We already know what PROCESSOR AND CARD THEY WILL BE USING, holy fuck where the fuck are you know nothing faggots coming from.

And you a fucking gullible buzzword believing faggot.
Even if they do use a "Custom" tegra, the Tegra is not capable of 1080 across a larger screen then the normal phone at higher then 30 fps for an open world game.

The delusion is fucking unbelievable in this thread.

Oh fuck I just realized all three parts of the controller will need their own battery supply.

Stop making shit up.

No they aren't
No it doesn't, not by a long shot. Even the older Tegra K1 runs better than the Wii U's chips.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

[citation needed]

You have to give them that; They know how to milk you dry to fuck and beyond.

The dock doesn't look like it has a charging station, so are they going with standard alkaline batteries? They'd have to be AAA or even button batteries to fit in those tiny controllers. Not a good idea.

it does, though

Making shit up?
One of your butt buddy faggots, was screaming the specs weren't released while the other was releasing those specs in the comment below him worshipping the Tegra miracle chip (tm).

No you don't nigger, the Tegra is not some end all save the world shit, its not going to be able to perform at 60 fps.
The reason you are saging is because you know this thing is shit, you want no conversation on it other then which you can shill for.

The idiots above are like self-milking cows, or shekel throwing goyim.

I mean a separate station for the controllers themselves, it'd be stupid if you had to plug the main unit in to charge the batteries on the controllers.

Are you pretending to be retarded?

How do you know that?

No we don't. If you know how about you tell us and post your source

Model and architecture names are buzzwords now?

You're still making shit up and you have no idea that the Tegra is the name for a line of SoCs of various specifications.

You're also neglecting to mention that Tegras are running android OS and using an entirely different selection of libraries.

Carmack himself has said Arm processors can do some pretty good shit if cooled properly and running through appropriate software and libraries.

I think Nintendo is trying to pull a fast one, and it's a rebranded Android OS version that they may have licensed from Google.

Nice way to show Nintendo that they're doing things right.

You're either illiterate or purposely misconstruing everything as bait.
I'm going to go with the latter.

Time to stop replying to this madness. The job of "argue for the onlookers" as been done.

Why wouldn't it? They aren't going to be less, but they wont be much more because its on a fucking
TABLET
ITS A FUCKING TABLET A TABLET A TABLET A TABLET A TABLET A TABLET A TABLET A TABLET A TABLET A TABLET

Tablet gaming has been a fucking laughing stock which you nitendrones would laugh along with us about.
But know that fucking Nintendoes it its okay and fucking dandy.
The Switch will obviously run at 4k, 60 fps and have unlimited POWER.

Only logical answer in this thread, I mean it work for Pokemon

That doesn't even make sense in form.

Holy fuck nigger what are you doing?

Prove it.
No, the reason I'm saging is because we've completely left the topic of the Switch's backwards compatibility to arguing over your inability to understand technology. That's how sage is supposed to be used for, newfag. Also
I think I'm just going to ignore you. Everybody else is calling out your shit so whatever.

Amazing

Nintendo would probably rather go tits-up than license out somebody else's OS and reskin it. Pokemon's an app (an outsourced one to boot), not an entire OS.

Its a fucking
TABLET
A
B
L
E
T

Explain to my why and how you are so optimistic about a tablet.

It's a custom OS, and all of the APIs were build for custom OS integration in mind, it's on Nvidia's site FOR the switch.

The Tegra is a custom made Tegra, with a GPU running Pascal, running through a custom OS and specialty API/Libraries, all developed FOR the hardware.

Running any kind of modified version of Android, especially for this kind of endeavor is fucking retarded, as the OS has limitations that no-amount of re-working can remove, not to mention resource management problems inherent with the OS.

Again, when the processors are paired with specialty designed software, they can do some pretty nifty shit, I mean fuck, we can argue that by using your logic, the Vita and the 3ds are glorified tablets because they're using ARM architecture.

I don't really care about the console market and handled, so for one i would rather make money on YOUR back and call it a day. Why wouldn't i? the Nigrindo demographic is asking for it. The exact same with Apple.
I like gaming, on PC.

Nintendo already said they aren't going to run Android and Nintendo didn't have much to do with Pokemon Go or any other Pokemon games on Android OS or any other mobile OS.

You realize "tablet" is a marketing term and not an actual tech term, right?

Woah, this thread is hella retarded.

Welcome to Holla Forums

What does it being a glorified tablet have to do with that you can't actually name its specs?

It's clearly evident no rationale will come from him.

Fucking this. Anyone that wants 3ds on this system is high as fuck.

To be fair the Shield Android TV isn't a tablet, but it does run the Tegra X1.

???

I bought my 3ds for Monster Hunter, then capcom decided that if you want to keep playing you need to upgrade your hardware.
Fuck Nintendo man.

2DS only have 1 screen split in the middle
read

wut? You can play 4 and Generations on an O3DS.

Nigger what are you talking about I've still got my original 3DS and play MonHun on it all the time

Of course, but it's just to get the point across that the tech is nothing to sneeze at.
Then again the guy thought (assuming for a second he wasn't getting a rise out of us) that "Tegra" was the spec of the Switch. Or something. Honestly there was no consistency with him.
did he get banned or just bored?

That checks out.
archive.is/Bo77p

Although also according to this article, the process of porting the game to android is part of the equation, and is relevant.
We'll have to wait and see, if they're using the X1 that is.

Did you see the reveal? Of course it is disappointing trash. Enjoy your Nintablet with autism handles.

Congrats user, you fit in! Welcome to Holla Forums!

I noticed this too. The double-think game is strong with Nintendo and its apologists.

I don't get why they just don't push it for what it is, a hybrid that is meant to replace both. That's the fucking selling point.
Their marketing department is still brain dead.

What? Framerate's steady on O3DS for either game. Hell MH4U has a higher framerate on O3DS and N3DS than Gen does.

Nintendo killed Monster Hunter, prove me wrong

Nothing you just said had anything to do with the person you quoted, not to mention you're using greentext to quote things nobody said.

Capcom is working on another one.

Capcom killed it like they killed all those other games.

t. vita owner

Nice try. It's sub 30 with hiccups here and there on the old 3DS.

way to lie

Holla Forums is rather perceptive with what complete shit the Nintablet is. Glad you noticed.

And people wonder why sonyggers are the only ones making money these days. It's over, nintendo and micro$oft are finished.

Why would it be? One glance at the cartridges it uses revealed that much. It's an entirely new animal hardware-wise.

I'm amazed they went so many generations providing backwards compatibility while their competition did not. The Wii U plays Wii games by down-clocking & disabling CPU cores to reach the conditions of Wii hardware. The hardware in the Nintendo Switch is too different to use such tricks.

Even if they were the same ARM model, ISA compatibility is just one side of the polyhedron user. It's like expecting a Commodore 64 to run NES games. There are other chips in the system other than the CPU.

No it was largely nintendo fanboys defending a tablet.
When months ago they said that no way was that going to be the case.
Now that Nintendo has shown what fucking retards they are you are back to mindlessly defending them.

Pretty sure no other console brands give a shit so it's more like self mutilation at this point.

It says 30fps also in the video. Are you trying to end your career?

True but CPU emulation is a bit harder to do when you're emulating a completely different architecture so having similar hardware is helpful and you can just emulate whatever else you need.

Nobody was defending it, we were just laughing at how wrong you were about everything you posted and how you sperged out in

But user… what about the nigger music?

What about the gay little snapping sound?

Or the autistic little controllers?

Or the port of a 5 year old PC game?

What about the Zelda game that is a halfassed clone of said 5 year old PC game?

THINK OF THE AMIIBOS user!

Which is it, user? Sub 30 or 30?

Yes but that's not the point.

Oh look it's you again. Thought no one would notice that you completely stopped responding with your prior nonsense?
You should go back and respond the comments you got and continue instead of trying to duck away from your embarrassment. Double down if you're going to go full retard.

You're losing touch, user, just when I thought you were fitting in.

snapping sounds are sexy
but then Im a faggot so it checks out

You mean and your fanboy faggot federation insist that it will run well because of a TABLET processor and Nintendo magic.
They are discussing an open world game with Physics not fucking age of nations.
Its going to run like shit and you when its released and people discuss how it runs like shit I'm sure you will be one of the faggots saying.

The best part is Skyrim isn't even coming to it, they just used it for marketing and Bethesda said they would possibly in the future make games for it.

This guy gets it.
It's a fucking Tegra. You know, the GPU that has only been able to be on an SoC with ARM processors. Unless they made huge, unannounced strides in the CPU compatibility, be prepared for a fucking nightmare of third-party support. Let's not forget that the 10W Parker SoC would be severely constrained on just battery. Their mobile SoCs might have lofty theoretical computational power but that shit has actual physics to put up with when being actually used as a mobile platform. Expect an awful experience when playing games on that fucking thing. You have to give up a lot for the handheld format. The frame rates dropped for Mario and Zelda the fucking teaser. Nintendo literally doesn't learn from its own mistakes.

Though, crack that motherfucker wide open for some emulator goodness and I might consider it.

I had a haircut, you really think I care that much about the opinions of some fanboys defending gaming on a tablet?

Typical drone approach. Want me to burst your bubbles? Try watching beyond the first fucking frame of the video and listen to what he says near the end of the fps comparison.

Pathetic.

B-but its a Tegra, I don't know what that means, but that means you're full of shit and don't know what your talking about!
Nintendo are kings of innovation and super smart because they are japanese!
I wish I was japanese it would be like one of my japanese cartoons!

Are you actually retarded? Next you'll say you were just pretending.

Holy fuck its like I stepped into Bizarro world.
Suddenly tablet gaming is a Okay, no backwards compatibility is fine, denial of poor performance okay and Nvidia anything something to discuss.

what

It wasn't. It's only after the Switch's unveil you get these kind of comments.

Yes.

No it'll run well because previous experience with the Tegra line indicates that.
Cool projection

The Tegra isn't the GPU, the entire SoC is the Tegra. The GPU in the K1 was Kepler and the X1 was Maxwell based and the X2 is going to be Pascal based.
Except porting to ARM devices from x84_64 isn't hard at all and it has been done for decades now. And my post wasn't about that, it was about backwards compatibility with Power architecture of the GC/Wii/Wii U to the Switch.
Do you have proof of this?
Where?

user, your claim was that Monster Hunter Generations ran sub-30 all the time on O3DS. I posted proof that it didn't. Get fucked, you lose, cry more, you're the drone.

Amazing you keep sperging out.

Real lackadaisical approach to creating a narrative

This, its amazing.
This are anons that post with us normally, they laugh at the failure of Microsoft and Sony with us.
Shit on Windows 10 with us.
Shit on SJW with us.

But, the minute us faggots comment negatively on Nintendo, suddenly the same people who were shitting on everything else with us (justifiably as the industry is SHIT), turn around and call it hipster/v/

Its a sad lack of self-awareness, I don't know why I expected more.

Nintendo's bankroll didn't ruin MonHun any more than the PSP ports did. Hell, 4U's my favorite of the entire lineup and I'm excited for what MH5/5U has to offer, since chances are they'll either totally ignore Hunter Arts and styles or heavily refine them so they're not in a completely shit state, like how Palico armor/weapons got incorporated into the main games.

I don't think you know the meaning of the word.
No its called making fun of you, which you make incredibly easy when you mis-use words.

I think you might actually be autistic. especially when nobody here is calling anything "hipster/v/".

Hilarious

And you're selectively choosing certain words and filtering out the rest you find offensive. You seriously play MH without multiplayer? Wait, let me guess:

>Its going to run like shit and you when its released and people discuss how it runs like shit I'm sure you will be one of the faggots saying.''
So you're admitting to not having any arguments left?

Where?

If he isn't fucking with us there is no way he doesn't have some manner of mental failing. I don't mean for that to sound like a petty insult, but seriously.

Glad you know how to use google.
Again that isn't projection, unless you're saying I'm projecting that I will somehow lie to say I always predicted it would be shit, when I'm right here telling you right now it will be shit.

You're not nearly as intelligent as you think you are.
inb4 you say projecting again

POST YFW CUCKTENDO IS FINISHED

You ran out of jokes already? Try switching to mumbling and it might sound funny ;^)

Where are you seeing this?

GAYMAN TABLET
A
Y
M
A
N
T
A
B
L
E
T

IT`S OK WHEN NINTENDOES IT

There's definitely no defending tablets in this thread.

Well I'm glad you admit it.

I'm sure the Switch will become a big thing in the Middle East.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with tablet gaming, as long as we have proper control inputs (which we do), and games made with some effort, that aren't full of microtransactions (something we can safely bet on).

Are you guys retarded/surprised? As soon as we knew it was a Tegra we knew it would NEVER be BC. The only option left is emulation, which l it can perform just fine. (if Nintendo lets it)

This is your brain on nintendo

Well there you go you finally got someone who likes tablet gaming in this thread.

Who are you quoting? Nobody said that.

Framerate is ok in MH4U, locked at 30 but let's not forget it's 60 steady on New.
Framerate of Gen on my O3DS XL is 30 that dips to 20-15 whenever i turn the camera.
Unexcusable.

Yes. Notice the battery charge indicators on the Joy-Con grip? A battery for each L and R side piece, one for the grip, one for the tablet. This thing has batteries out the ass. Hope Nintendo doesn't have the same battery problems as Samsung, or there is going to be a riot in Redmond.

If think complaining about the shape of the system, as if it will dictate the quality of the games, is about as retarded as complaining about the colour.

Are you fucking serious?
2/3 of this thread have been faggots arguing there won't be any performance problems despite BEING ON A FUCKING
TABLET
A
B
L
E
T

>>>/4chan/

You'd expect the rule about console wars to really take effect at a time like this, but no.

Are you boys still anally devastated about the nogames meme? Is this your big chance?

It's a disrespect thread. Not a console war thread, dumbass.

Sounds like you just want to control the damage now that you don't have 5 fanbots for 1 Holla Forumsirgin

Mate get some fucking standards.

t. two nintendo fans

You're trying to fabricate console wars to get the thread deleted to start a new one where you can do a better job at shilling.

What does a device's performance have to do with its form factor, user? Tell me.

Just grab the fan patch that uncensors the game, cause we both know Nintendo will never release an uncensored port.

Nope, I don't even own a Wii U. I'm just making an observation about you booty blasted Sonycucks.

Good thing I haven't done that then. :^)

Uh, yeah, and you're the one contesting that miniaturization and die shrinks do not work.

Where did you get any evidence anyone here is from Sony?
I'm a PC fatter race.

Its pretty see through what you are trying to accomplish.
Someone mentions console wars and immediatly after you post the first comment at all mentioning any other consoles.

Well user what makes console inferior to PC's, answer that and you have your answer.

Don't you feel sorry for them? Imagine trying to shill for a living and suddenly your task is to get this board to be on your side otherwise no breadcrumbs for the month. To answer the shills above, I don't give a shit about consoles post 2008.

To be fair the X1 Tegra has vastly improved power flow over its competitors, most estimates reaching about 2/3rds more efficient but until Nintendo names the architecture it's using this discussion could go one way or the other.
The custom tegra label doesn't fill me with hope tbh, it implies they don't want to admit they're using 2014 chips.

I actually like them, if it wasn't for them work would be going by even slower.
They have one hell of a job though defending that, it might of been easier to be a Always on kinect shill vs this monstrosity.

(1)

Performance is intrinsically tied to form factor, because form factor dictates heat dissipation capacity. Desktops have great performance in part because they don't have any substantial limitations on power consumption or cooling. Anything can be accommodated. Laptops have constraints on cooling due to size, and power consumption due to battery life. Tablets go further, lacking fans for active cooling and using smaller, lighter batteries. It isn't rocket science: The smaller, lighter, and more portable an electronic device gets, the more limitations there are on how much horsepower is available to it at any given time. And remember that the screen consumes a ton of battery power on its own, before you even consider the hardware driving it. The worries about performance are not unwarranted.

I have not bought a Nintendo console since the GameCube because they never have any fucking games, but I still avoid console war bullshit.

You sound paranoid as fuck. Also your formatting is very reddit-like. One of the shitposters in this thread literally admittted to being a vita owner. If that doesn't show where most of the shitposting is coming from, then I don't know what does. For a PCuck you seem pretty insecure about what someone says about Sony. I'm a PCuck too, which is why I know how bootyblasted Sonyfags can be. Why are you defending sonyfags from ridicule?

Then you should be happy other then the faggot bringing up sony for NO RAISAN, there is a lack of console faggotry, just faggots shitting on a shitty product.

Nintendo has had this problem for awhile now. I mean, yeah. The Wii U had more decent exclusives than the Xbone or PS4, but it still only had like 8 at that.

Time to go back and let people actually discuss videogames.

That's a pretty loaded question, considering not all consoles are the same, but at least for the current generation with the Xbone and PS4 it's because they're very low-mid tier PCs running on antiquated AMD CPUs and GPUs running on an architecture that doesn't work well for consoles. Also what does that's have to do with anything considering how form factor has little to do with performance?

Why would they be?

Why do you believe that?

because it was designed so those games could be on there

I bet it runs android

I'm all for a low spec handheld-console hybrid. But only if it costs less than 200 and the games are maximum $19.99 with most of them at $6.99.
This will be much more expensive than what it would take for me to use it.

Why?

Do

I

Talk

This

Because I haven't encountered anyone like that but I have seen a ton of Nintendrones desperately trying to defend this travesty.

For what it's worth I don't believe you, I think you are Nintendo.

Nope, blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

Custom OS.

Also, just because it's an ARM chip, doesn't mean it's going to run android, if that were the case, the Vita, the 3ds, hell, even the DS would run android.

user, the form factor being a tablet has nothing to do with what games are released on it. Furthermore Nintendo already said they aren't using Android for their OS.

Holy fuck nigger stop posting anytime.
This nigger said it better then me, and of course you niggers skirt around his comment.

Obviously it's not going to be as powerful as a modern PC or even a PS4. Anyone expecting that out of Nintendo at this point has clearly been asleep for the past decade.

This is WiiU all over again. Very optimistic with rumors after rumors blowing things out of proportions then suddenly crashing down.

So let's tally the warning signs so far

As much as I love Splatoon and would love to play a new MH on a monitor with better than portable hardware we'll see, Nintendo has a long fucking hill to climb to make up for WiiU era fuckery.

Its probably going to be less powerful then the Wii U.

I guess that's true but being that form factor does mean the makers of such games will push extremely hard to be on there and if nintendo turns down all that money I will be impressed for real

Except the moeshit posting faggot forgets that lower power drawing iterations of chips exist, die shrinks exist, and Li-ion battery tech has exponentially improved over the past decade.

Prove it.

Wow dude, can you not even fucking read?
He admitted it with no hyperbole to it. Jesus dude, I know faggots say literally wrong but that doesn't mean you should flip out over it's correct use like a triggered autist.

Okay tinfoil, think what you want. What do you want me to post a shot of my rig or something? The majority of this board is PC and yet you have a hard time believing I play video games on the very PC I'm typing to you on now. Okay. AUTIST ALERT

Makes sense, since it's the successor to the 3DS, and the're done with real console production.

>mynintendonews.com/2016/06/16/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-features-different-visuals-on-nx-but-same-experience/

Except it isn't

Please stop shitposting friend, you're 30 posts into this thread, and I'm afraid you'll get hurt.

than* fucking faggot

Wii was a hit for nintendo, they could have used that money to take a chance on some decent hardware and come out swining but instead they put out 2 more underpowered gimicky consoles no one wanted.

Wut

NOT LIKE THIS

If you can explain how any of those things disprove what I said regarding performance, then I will admit that I'm wrong and everything I know about electronics is a lie.

And now it's not even BC.

Can you, you said someone literally owns a vita, I'm making fun of you because there is no way to figuratively own something.
Top millenial
Of course you have a PC how else would you shill for nintendo?

Depends on the 'custom' tegra chip they're using, still it's only a 20nm chip at best, considering the best right now is 16nm and I think Intel is pushing for 12nm by 2017 it's not going to blow anything out of the water, and will be vastly outdated by the time it comes out.

Lower power draw + die shrinks = less heat. This is basic shit, user.

Less heat and less performance. Nice try.

nice meme faggot

But it'll definitely still be better than the Wii Us 45nm IBM chip

It won't compete with either phones or handhelds because those can fit in a pocket. It's hard to imagine a scenario in which this thing is carried into public.

I honestly couldn't give a shit for most of the third parties since it consists of publishers like Ubisoft, EA, and WB games. Now if they can lock of exclusive games made by 3rd parties a la Bayonetta 2, then they're onto something.

No, the same performance but with less heat.

No less performance.

Fucking Nintendo piece of shit

Only if you're comparing hardware 10+ years apart.

I'll take your word on it, I've no idea about the wiiu specs. Didn't really care.

Compelling argument.

Reducing the size of the CPU dye literally reduces the heat and power draw, but not the performance. If smaller processors had less performance, your processor today would be vastly inferior in performance to a Pentium 1, because that thing was HUGE.

The Wii was the best Nintendo console since the SNES.

A vast majority of Unreal conversions to ARM have been utter shit and shipped through chinese sweatshops basically. If they're not severely throttled you get atrocious battery life and overheating. ARM is not viable for "real" gaming because of the massive tradeoffs due to physical limitations. Have you ever used a tablet for games before? It's bad. Add on Nintendo's new mobile focus, can't wait to play shit Nintendo themed mobile games!

Third parties are not gonna give a fuck about this tablet. They have long memories and this is just another big fucking mistake Nintendo has made in their vast history of fuck ups.

Let's not forget that most of Nintendo's own IPs have been effectively euthanized. No hope for F-Zero, Metroid, or anything not Mario/Pokemon.

So the DS, 3DS, Vita, etc don't exist?

This is what I'm talking about and what the nintendo shills don't get.
Tablet gaming has been shit on for a year or two here, its been discussed to death why they are inferior and worse in every way.

Then Nintendo reveals their tablet and suddenly tablets are a viable gaming system.

Its amazing, seeing a population of a board flip on opinion because Nintendo does it.

Thank you, user.

I just realized no backwards compatibility just means they'll make it so you can re-buy all your classic games once again on the new Switchshop(tm)! Nintendo does care about the gamers!
just kidding it'll be a streaming service rather than a shop

It only seems like shading and texturing has improved, which DOES indeed fill "Improved visuals".

Yeah just with less frames.

Irrelevant. The same small CPU die could achieve higher performance in a system with a form factor allowing unfettered cooling and unlimited power draw. This is why laptops perform blatantly better when plugged into the charger, even with power saving modes disabled.

I'm done. You win!

They do and they're shit. Their console versions play better than the handheld versions.

Tablet gaming is shit on because the examples of tablet gaming are shit. Also, again, the term "tablet" is just a name for the form factor, like ATX for computers.

It's a true meme though

Show me a good tablet for playing things in high quality under $300, I would LOVE to see it.

Bonus points if it doesn't overheat to the 7th dimension.

I am also I fucking wanted to buy it instead of dead WiiU. Instead we have dead WiiU and successor that is tablet with worse games.
I would prefer to have this thing with android installed instead of Nintendo software.

Yeah and its the form factor which fucking limits it, why are you fuckers not getting this?

This denial and circular argument is like Nintendo revealed they would be discontinuing the wii U.
Then all the nintendo faggots crawled out like cockroaches questioned the authenticity of the article, claimed the Wii U was a success, and that everyone were stupid hipsters who hate fun.

I finally watched the first look video, for disclosure I bought every Nintendo console release. Apparently its a system for rich young people in their 20s who can afford rooftop condos and have constant parties with close friends. Far as I can tell its a weird hybrid of a tablet.

The only way I could possibly support this is it has full support of digital games from 3DS and Wii U. Doesn't help they're being completely quiet about touch screen, so it could just work like a game pad with mainscreen on tv? I'd be all for playing 3ds game on a TV screen.

I wonder how the fuck they'll get this to not bomb, I really doubt this is going to attract any new customers and I don't know a single person with a wii u that doesn't straight up regret buying the system outside hardcore Splatoon players. Only way this works out even remotely well is it has a low price point. If people are looking to add another console to their collection are they really going to buy this over say a PS4 or Xbone? Probably not

Although this looks like more a japan focused system with the traveling, west won't utilize it much because I can totally see these being easily stolen.

Absolutely nothing.
If you're okay with the device getting hot enough to burn you, and having ten minute of battery life.
It's a goddamn fact that Tegra chips have to run in a severely gimped mode in portable devices, because the tablet 'form factor':

this is not fucking rocket science.

This is the amount of reasoning that goes on. I don't know if this is a holdover from back when nintendo games ruled the school and had some texture to them or if they actually like the plastic obnoxious autism shit they've been putting out since Wii.

You need to switch strategy when dealing with dense drones.

I love Nintendo, but when something is fact, I HAVE to admit it.

The Wii U was an absolute catastrophe in Nintendo's way of business. It was a dud. The Switch might just change things if Nintendo plays their cards right. MIGHT.

Christ it's just marketing for normalfags (which nintendo finally got right this time)

It's likely not going to be more than $300

What is the fucking dock?

Yeah and I base my expectations on past performance.

Hoping competence out of Nintendo is like hoping Capcom gets it's shit together.

No it's the shit mobile only developers out of SanFran and China that have limited it.

It certainly isn't fans and heatsinks. :^)

The dock doesn't have any of that, explain to me as well how would a portable device work if it needed cooling from a dock.

Holy fuck.

You can, actually.

It seems the Zelda video dips somewhere below ~20 after being ejected, either that, or they used a very bad clip to show.

This video is a good example that YouTube videos CAN have shit framerate if the source is mediocre too.

How am I a drone for pointing out a fact? You realize posting smug anime girls only works when the other party is blatantly lying, right?

Money talks.

You know that for sure?

You don't know that. Even if there's no cooling fan it would get higher performance because it's plugged in and doesn't need to go into a conserve battery mode and slash performance

Yeah and bullshit walks, so don't let the door hit you on the ass when you walk out of this thread.

The great thing about hypotheticals is you can say any old bullshit. This is an embedded system with an APU most likely, there's no room in it for a fan or to vent the heat from one, most likely it's going to be a tablet with controllers that work wirelessly via bluetooth and a wireless charging base station that has a TV-out jack.

Hypothetically if they were to figure out how to do 1nm dye shrinks they could make all home owner computers into a super computer by today's standards, but that's just not the case.

Which won't make what's inside able to go from kind of stable 30 fps or above 720.

That's a direct feed video though

I do. Because heatsinks are not effective without direct component contact, and fans external to the case have very limited cooling utility. It would be an utter waste of resources to put them in the dock.

Take off your blindfolds and check the Google/Apple store. Many AAAs and indies are there and they're still shit.

We don't know that there's no heatsink or fans, and we don't know what chipset they're using exactly

What you are saying doesn't even apply to me, someone at Nintendo, sure. But what?

see

Also I'll point out, if they did have an opening to vent the heat from a fan, that vent would be a safety hazard and could cause you burns easily because that would be hot fucking air. This is going to be a strong processor that's underclocked so that it's not another Note 7.

Now that's very interesting.
Say, You mind telling me what the secret is to identifying the framerate of a device with a simulated screen that isn't actually playing a videogame?Because it's an overlay on both the tv display and the handheld, it slips out of the actual screen space when the camera moves around

Read the replies. Or are you like the blogger from OP that says it's a home console but not really.

>no LOL

Tegra is decent but I'd still rather have a normal fucking console with a normal fucking control scheme and normal fucking games.

It's not going to be an i5 or anything, but it's going to be better than the fucking processors that they're currently putting into tablets.

Fuck that's like comparing a car to a bobsled.

No, I said they literally said they own a vita. There is a massive difference and that you can't understand that shows me you actually do have autism. As for me being a shill for Nintendo: My lack of a Wii U, and my 2000+ steam library say other wise. Jesus dude, just stop posting on this site, we need less cancer like you.

??????????????????????????

Let me guess where you come from.

Backwards compatibility was holding progress back.

literally have to rebuy everything pretty close to full price to i bet.
nintendo drones will defend this

I would argue that it IS pre-recorded footage, which is TECHNICALLY playing a video game, just not in real time.

It must be timing then, I am honestly unsure, I did see it slow down by a few frames, granted, It isn't OOT levels of bad, yet it slugged a bit.

I've seen the Wii U demo, and framerate is locked to 30, I'm unsure about THIS version though, since we've seen minimal footage of it, along with the fact that it runs on different hardware, and it's early, so I have to see more, in case the framerate becomes nearly unstable.

The PS4 (and pro) are nearly comparable to desktop grade hardware, where the Bitch doesn't come close.

The halfchan is strong today.
Kill Yourself, valvedrone.

They are, and I LIKE Nintendo

Perfect.

So your argument is that they said they literally own a vita.
Vs.
Saying they figuratively own a vita.
They said they owned a vita, there is nothing literal about it unless you meant literally which then would just be redundant.

You nintendo shills are just too much fun.

Kill yourself reddit, I haven't been to halfchan since the first exodus.

I

never

knew

this

was

trademarked

by

reddit.

Also
It is you, who has to die.

At least one good thing came from this thread.

NOOOOOPE. Again, you can't read. They LITERALLY SAID it, not that they LITERALLY OWN IT. Jesus fucking Christ son how many times to I have to repeat this shit before you get it? You are actually a special needs child.

THEY SAID IT WITHOUT HYPERBOLE. DOES THIS HELP YOU UNDERSTAND IT?

Also:
Wew lad, you are actually autistic.

What are you, fucking new? Is this your first time on Holla Forums? Were you unaware that reddit posts are often posted as images here and that faggots like you with shit spacing often get called out for being from the site for the way you post. Getting triggered over it just proves where you're from.

Saying they literally said it or literally own it is the same fucking thing you idiot.
You are adding literally when there isn't a change of figuratively meaning you are sounding like a fucking clueless millenial who literally, like literally, can't like ummmm, literally understand why they are getting shit on.

Nope, I'm having fun.

In my opinion, this all comes down to software.

The news that Switch is not backwards compatible hurts the prospects for what software it can play at launch.
On the other hand, we can see glimpses of Splatoon, Mario, Skyrim, and Zelda…If most of these are available at launch, and don't have FPS issues or something disasterous, Switch has a good chance at success. Otherwise, it's doomed to the same fate as the Wii U.
Why? Because of the old adage: "People reluctantly buy the hardware so they can use the software."
If the software is there, people will buy the hardware.
If the software isn't there, people won't buy the hardware.

THIS. THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
Anyone who bought a Wii U loses BIG TIME with Switch,
and should be 999% salty about it.
The Switch software lineup is literally just ports of Wii U games and assets with some new features/content.
If you skipped out on the Wii U, that looks great!
If you didn't skip out and were loyal to Nintendo for Wii U, you just got SCREWED.

Nintendo has the covered.
They are not confirming whether the Switch is a successor for the Wii U or not, which will give nintendrones the ability to argue they still have a super secret new console coming.
When it doesn't they will forget they ever brought it up.

RETARD ALERT

You don't know how to use literally properly so you assume every use of it is wrong. Hilarious. I was saying they were saying it without hyperbole. Maybe look up what that means.

Then by all means keep going. Nothing autistic about having "fun" being retarded, right?

Way to project, your argument is honestly halfchan tier. I'm not a reddit fanatic, so I could give less of a shit on the way someone types.

Go and familiarize yourself with the site first before spouting shit from your fingertips

I think we can go ahead and ring in the old Komm Susser Todd for Nintendo

Then why are you so triggered in ??

Hyperbole is an exaggeration.
Literally is used to separate the possibilities of something being figurative or literal.
For example If I said I could literally eat a horse, that would mean I believe myself able to eat an entire horse, if I said I could eat a horse without the literally it would just mean I could eat a lot.

Literally is not used for exaggeration purposes unless its a millennial, then like literally everything is extra literal literally.

I will literally be sending a literal check to your literal house where your literal dads stay so they can pay the sum of this literal invoice I will literally be giving them for literally taking your ass to school.

Is that really what you're trying to say with this post? Nigger, you know nothing about the English language.

Not sure if this is an improvement

No I'm saying hyperbole is exaggeration.
^Is hyperbole
^Is not

Learn the difference, I expect my payment in 3 business days.

Did you even read ?

Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're saying explicitly it's not a successor to either platform.

Then again, they said that about the DS.

Yeah which means two things, they are merging the two and this is going to be their handheld line AND console line.
OR, they are doing that solely people don't get pissed of they bought a console that is now being replaced with a newer one only a few years later AND have to buy all their games again.

I tried…

That's a marketing ploy. They don't want consumers to abandon their current platforms and forthcoming software before buying into the Switch. You can't seriously believe that this is a third option and a successor to both the Wii U and 3DS is also forthcoming.

Pretty much this.
I think it's a bit of both.
Just look at the games they're showing-
it's a rehashing of Wii U games and assets.
But they'll likely sell this rehashed stuff at full retail price.

They did indeed.
archive.is/7pRKZ
I feel like they're saying the same thing for very different reason though, given the lack of backwards compatibility and the hybrid hardware.

Yeah, I don't think anyone believes there will be a successor to the Wii U or 3DS.
Wii U is pretty much already dead at this point and will stay that way.
3DS may continue to have some games (3rd-party stuff) in 2017, but probably not much worth mentioning.

Ha yeah reminds me of 80s early 90s phones. The Switch is huge and looks stupid. Can't imagine seeing it in public. Not outside Japan anyway.

Quinton, you have to go back.

But it's not about you. It's about the mainstream public.

The wiiU didn't have much 3rd party support and we all know how that ended up. When people see this thing next to the PS4pro and Xbox S…

Well you kind of have to look at the wider picture because their whole DS platform has been enjoying a pretty healthy software ecosystem and they aren't going to fit in on this tablet thingy. And if they suddenly all make one-screen-two-joystick games then they will be near instantly transplantable to vita which is still big in japan and I doubt nintendo wants that to happen. There's no telling where they will scatter off to if they are betrayed so maybe there will be more DSs. Also nintendo are the masters of cheaping out so there's no way this switch shit is going to have an high res oled or any of that shit that literally EVERYONE is going to have over the next 5 years, while everyone who cares to play their old stuff can just get a rasp pi 4 or 5 and emulate everything up to wii u rather than just rebuying it all. And they have a bunch of big 3rd party names listed, but again shit screen and 3D capability will not go over well when PS4 and xbone can give them all they want and more.

also they're missing the fuck out of christmas so there has to have been some weird setback

I don't see this thing having more than 2 hours battery life either, so I doubt it'd be really that portable.

Also apparently the base is just a charger, there's no additional processing power hiding inside of it, which puts even more doubt on the capabilities on this piece of shit (I very much doubt it'd be using a Tegra X2 for one).

That is, it'd be a Tegra X1 at absolute best.

Why are you people arguing over something we barely know anything about?

because it isn't the dark ages and you can speculate based on what you know about computers, you don't have to read nintendo magazines and be told that the gamecube is 30% faster than any PC and believe it

I would region-spoof her breasts

2DS only have 1 big screen you dumbass, read the thread

I'm still going to have my Wii U, so why wpuld I be 999% salty? It's the same deal with every Nintendo system before Wii. I'm not desperately poor, so I won't be selling my Wii U.

If you look carefully you'll notice Nintendo and Nvidia are being extremely careful about calling it a tablet. Likely because they know people will suddenly realize it's not Super-Japan-Magic and that it's the same shit we've been seeing for years now with a controller and less utility.

I don't understand how they keep fucking up. Is this Heavenly retribution from Yokoi?

Just like how the DS wasn't a successor to the Gameboy line right?

tablets are like the cheapest and simplest possible chinkshit computers at this point in time so it's kind of a natural fit for their profiting style. Probably had chen and chang knock up the prototype over some moon festival holiday or something.

a chinese person's work is worth $500 a year, nintendo has been a pure profit oriented company for 35 years

no sequel is too high in number, no character is too overused, no boundary is ever to be pushed

Yeah Nintendo always plays it safe

And they're poor value. They're pricey, they keep their price, and there are few of them. And that's no accident.