Games like Tsutomu Nihe's works

Holla Forums I wish there were games like Tsutomu Nihe's works Blame and Biomega that have this dark and mysterious atmosphere with the insane monsters the gritty action with insane plot twist that go near a yoko Taro level of what?

I wish we had games like his works cause we would have some great games.

in this current gaming climate
it would be a monkey paw wish at best
do you want the faggot companies to think they can make bank off this too?

sides from that itd be fucking awesome to have a game based around his blame

Blame is really bad ass the monster design is top notch and the gun is amazingly broken.

i loved it from start to finish
the ending was pretty good too

i wouldnt mind a kknights of sidonia game aswell
mecha/space sim / killing xenos simulator?

A mecha game like sidonia would be pretty cool.

Big fan of Beksiński here and also fan of Nihei.
I always found these two similar with large eerie locations and weird looking monstrosities roaming said world. What I liked about Beksiński, Nihei also managed to do right.

So it would be as easy as just saying good games I found about Beksiński work and starting with these that are similar to Nihei.
Well tough luck there is none. There is no game that have such great environmental design.

There is Scorn but not only it is not out it is also way into Beksiński/Geiger alley.

TBH I would love to see it as something like Battlegothic: Armada where you control seed ship itself instead of individual mechas.
It would be cool to manage a fleet, resources and population on such thing. Especially if you could get technologies like cloning and photosynthesis.

And trying to avoid the horrors you might find in the black void as they could one shot your fleet.

Nihei drew the best robogirls

its suffering

His art in general is on par with Muria's

So far we've only got Giger stuff in vidya but nothing Nihei-esque yet. Characteristically Nihei's art is more structural while Giger is more biomechanical - perhaps because Nihei was trained as an architect. But they both draw the craziest looking aliens/mechs.

Does Contra: Hard Corps count as such a game? If only for its visual cues? Not the NuHardCorps: Uprising of course.

Unless you start looking at characters.
Tsutomu is guy who finished architecture. To my knowledge he haven't learned how to draw manga anywhere. It shows.
He cannot draw proper face for shit but every single location and building are absolutely perfect.

It is only moment in my life I have something preordered.

Every time I go back and read it, there's always some new detail I missed the first time around, like the village next to the giant statues in the first chapter.

As much as I'm a Miura /a/utist, I'm inclined to say that Nihei's art is actually slightly better. It's the raw, sketch-like quality which makes it more powerful than Miura's polished art.

cool story
wheres the gameplay?

Sup.

NaissanceE is a walking simulator, but it straight up rips off BLAME!

Other than that, nuthin.

Blame! would make for a perfect Devil May Cry game, the source material is already up there in the crazy department.

Is there anything to do in NaissanceE other than walk around?

These things are massive, btw

is that a tankobon?

His newer art has gone to shit anyway since he made the move to digital.

Look at the cross-hatching on his newer chapters. They just don't look as good as the older ones

His character work is poor but everything else is so amazing that I can't but wonder how much ink he used and how long it took.

Both of their inking is insane.

Blame! Killy only has his Gun that is a one shot so that working in a game that's like DmC wouldn't work well.

Not really. The GBE is powerful, but mode 4 requires massive energy and basically break Killy's limbs when he fires it. Most of the time he's using the weapon in its powered down mode, and there's been a few instances where he was forced to use other weapons as well.

There is no reason to make the game about Killy and his journey, the Blame! world is the size of the Solar system, there's plenty to explore.

This location seems familiar.

Really no game would work well unless you would make it 100% story driven where gun would be equivalent of you being able to decide to kill anyone you want.

Exactly what makes it so good.

You could make the game about Dhomochevsky and Iko, his gun is a bit more balanced.

Nihei does indeed have a degree in architecture.

He openly stated in a Q&A (years ago, forgot where I read it) that he had no clue what he was direction he was taking with BLAME!, so that's why it appears to have little in the way of plot. But we're really just there to see Killy get shot a million times and destroy funky robos, so meh.

Isn't the whole thing supposed to take place in a Dyson sphere?

there's apparently a dyson sphere which connects Earth all the way to fucking Jupiter
taking in account the rotation of Earth, I have no idea how space elevators like that would work

Just don't give the player a GBE. Those things are rare as fuck anyway, we only saw, what, two of them in the same story?

You have laser weapons, railguns, nailguns, futuristic swords, jetpacks, Tribes style skating. You can go as crazy as you want to go.

That works as well.

Not a deliberate one at least. It's just a building project gone really, really wrong, mostly because two factions somehow managed to murder off all the humans with the gene sequences that would allow them to order the AIs to stand down.

We know Jupiter is no more, Killy goes through the cavity where the planet once was, and Earth has likely been consumed to keep building the City.

I think Earth as we know it doesn't even exist anymore, the prequel stated that the City just kept getting bigger until even the moon got consumed for resources.

one room is bigger then Jupiter and would take like what 300 plus or more years to fall down?
but to the anons who read Biomega the shit that goes on near the end remind me of the setting of Blame!.

Some of the guns from Biomega would work well their op but still manageable and GBE could be a super rare gun you have to pull teeth to even find.

Remember how Bleach also copied the devastation that a Safeguard sword can do?

I'd like to see Blame! Souls.

How do you even make a weapon that can kill anything in one shot and has the ability to pierce any density of materials for kilometers on end? Then again, you could just say fuck balance and let the player go crazy if he gets the gun.

Would be neat, the environment at the very least would be a blast to explore.

Its not made clear but in the manga everyone even the top tech minds can't understand how that gun was made and how it can just shred shit the fuck up.

We know Killy was given the gun by whatever agency sent him on his mission, and likely tasked him to keep it (since he goes to considerable lengths to retrieve the gun when lost), and the AIs that sent Sanakan also gave her a GBE too.

It's safe to assume that there are factions that can manufacture GBEs. Cibo isn't really a good representation of the overall technological level of Blame! humanity, since she is part of a somewhat advanced (compared to most we meet at least) human societies, but not nearly as advanced as the humanity that set the building of the City into motion.

Isn't killy somewhat rouge from his original mission? But are the city builders even human cause from what I read it calling them human doesn't seem to be the right term.

Because all info tech been lost and wikipedia is locked behind Net Terminal Gene.

Is there any game that fucks balance in such way and isn't fun?
Also it was hard countered in manga by certain enemies. You would still need to rely on other weapons in certain occasions.

Killy is completely loyal to his mission, which is find Net Terminal Genes and kill Silicon Creatures. He just gets distracted sometimes by being a good samaritan.

The robots who are building the city obviously aren't human, and the ones who made everything go to shit are arguably human (depending on whether you consider Silicon Creatures a form of human or not), but the original creators of the City are old school human.

I think at one point he shoots it in such a rapid rate that he can't use his arm

That was after he healed. He remembered how badly shit had been fucked, and shot it on it's highest settings until his arm fell off.

But in a game the recoil would be insane.

No doubt. Anytime you fire it, you get thrown back twenty feet onto your ass.

To breach the Megastructure and kill some big enemies. Using the GBE in any other situation is pretty much the definition of overkill.

Killy's standing orders seem to be to find a human with the Net Terminal Genes so he/she can order the Authority, Builders and Safeguard to stand down and stop the insanity.

His secondaries seem to be to exterminate Silicon Life on sight if it does not conflict with his primary directive. Killy's problem seems to be that he's been on his quest for so long, and has gotten damaged so often, that he has forgotten all but the most basic of knowledge.

In the beginning of the story he wasn't even aware he wasn't human, didn't understand the squiggles in his vision were his actual HUD or that he could see for tens of kilometers.

The Authority, Builders and Safeguard are all AIs.

It wasn't Silicon Life that made everything go to shit, it was the oligarchs trying to lock out the majority of humanity out of the Netsphere, which then prompted the cyborgs and all sort of rebel and criminal groups to crash it, thus putting it in "safe mode" and making the Safeguard go berserk.

A game where you drive a bike like the MC in Biomega would be awesome but when I look back biomega was kinda like Drakengard in terms of the story of the characters being similar at one point of the story of the overall plot then very different from it at the same time in some chapters.

like this?

I can see From Software doing a good job of nailing Blame! Just as long as we can play as pic related. Cyber knights are the coolest shit. I also got Garl of Vinland and Maiden Astraea vibes from these two.

I'd play it.

Would be rad as fuck.

But it'll never happen.

It might. Gotta believe user.