FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Brandish, etc) thread

FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Brandish, etc) thread

Don't forget to support their games!

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind (end of the 9th paragraph)

- Trails of Cold Steel II released for North America already, european release: November 11

- TitS the 3rd for Spring 2017 (PC only)

- Akatsuki no Kiseki (F2P browser game) on open beta, happens around the first half of Trails to Azure, register and play at akatuki.ujj.co.jp/ (instructions: esterior.net/2016/08/akatsuki-no-kisekis-closed-beta-opens-on-825-and-how-to-sign-up/ )

- Rean's new design for Cold Steel III revealed on Tokyo Xanadu Ex+: i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg

- Trails of Cold Steel III release date for Japan should be Septermber 2017, PS4 version confirmed, Vita port may or may not happen

- Trails of Cold Steel to get a live action musical adaptation starting January 8 2017, more details and full cast here: blog.honeyfeed.fm/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-musical-full-cast-revealed/

- Tokyo Xanadu confirmed for a 2017 Western release along a PC port

- Improved PS4 version with new content (Tokyo Xanadu Ex+) fixes and vastly improves the original game, no longer a joke difficult-wise

- The Legend of Xanadu I & II to be released pretty soon! romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,12365.msg318702.html#msg318702

- Possible tease for a new Xanadu game on Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ (Xanadu Next OP appears on a screen): i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg + TX Ex+ ending asks the player to look forward to "Other Xanadu" (games?) + Kondo asking to be hopeful for Tokyo Xanadu 2 on a recent interview

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana just got released on Japan, extremely well received and selling at a higher rate than Seven and Celceta

- Ys VIII for PS4 to be released for Japan next year; this version was made for the West so maybe we'll start hearing about a Western release by then

- Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ teases "Ys vs Trails of Cold Steel: Another Chronicle" pbs.twimg.com/media/Crxw0y2UIAA8RUa.jpg:orig

- We need a new guide for the Ys game, any volunteer?

- Xanadu Next teased by XSEED twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/788898845832785920

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Don't forget to support their games!

Other urls found in this thread:

xanadunext.com/
twitter.com/RPGSite/status/789544963738521600
rpgsite.net/news/5022-xanadu-next-releases-on-november-3
play.emuparadise.me/playonline/NES/Faxanadu_(USA)/sound/55479
gbatemp.net/threads/legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc-psp-undub-need-help.445307/
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Master_Quartz_(Akatsuki)
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Quartz_(Akatsuki)
esterior.net/2016/10/akatsuki-no-kiseki-1019-maintenance-and-update-joshua-bright-has-arrived/
twitter.com/gurumin3d/status/791805641836732416
theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/ysivthedawnofysturbografx-cdeng-trans/
theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/ys-iv-the-dawn-of-ys-english-dubtext/
theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/ys-iii---wanderers-from-ys-u-turbo-cd/
theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/ys-iii--wanderers-from-ys-turbo-cd/
ysutopia.net/get.php?id=TurboRip
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/Eiyuu_Densetsu:_Sen_no_Kiseki#Development
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/436670/b6d400b5547fc3d11ebef4d49a23a1e1c10f539c.jpg
gog.com/game/xanadu_next
steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That means it's coming out soon, right?
RIGHT?

xanadunext.com/

Yep, it's a good indicative that the release is actually soon. Expect the announcement in the coming weeks.

They might just dump it on GOG and Steam with no announcement, they've done that before.

They always announce the release date one week before the release, not "oh shit suddenly it's available".

Did they just drop SC with little to no build up?

Anyway, did they get gamepad support working on Xanadu Next? I always had trouble with that using the fan translated version.

They announced SC's release a week ahead of tim, too.

We don't know about anything new for Xananext other than true widescreen (UI's no longer stretched like in the fan-patch version, extra viewing space) and a new script because they don't use fan translations anymore. I made a thread on their forums about possible Time Attack options and a couple other things, but widescreen and gamepad options will certainly come first.

XANADU NEXT ON NOV 3RD
twitter.com/RPGSite/status/789544963738521600

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Since Twitter's on the fritz, here's their press release article: rpgsite.net/news/5022-xanadu-next-releases-on-november-3

Fuck yes. I almost broke down last week and downloaded the fantranslation.

Guess what, XSEED's trailer just went up

What a day

What's this Xanadu series like?

Fucking dropped

Faxanadu on NES is amazing. A cross between Metroidvania and Zelda II. Play it in your browser here: play.emuparadise.me/playonline/NES/Faxanadu_(USA)/sound/55479

Xanadu, the original by Falcom, is a really fun, difficult hybrid dungeon-crawler with overhead bump-combat battles and exploration, 10 side-scrolling levels to explore, character/level building predating Final Fantasy II/SaGa, and weird visuals even back then. The best way to play Xanadu (and its sequel, Scenario II) is Revival Xanadu on PC-98 and Windows via Project EGG.

Meanwhile, Xananext adapts parts of classic Xanadu, Ys, and Brandish into a more unique adventure. None of these games have that much to do with Faxanadu, which itself plays well.

Saw a while back that apparently the PSP version of TitS FC has a fan-made undub patch. Does an undub patch exist for SC PSP as well at this point?

So I'm playing Trails in the Sky FC, my first Legend of Heroes game and my first Falcom game as well. I'm in Chapter 1, just took out the Amber Turtles. I'm not sure what it is, but there's just something pleasant about this game.

I do have one question though. I got two HP 2 Quartz, and gave one to Estelle, I swapped out her HP 1 Quartz for it. She kept Tear and gained La Tear, though when I gave Schera the other HP 2, she just got Tear. Why is that?

Also, I can't stop talking to everyone after anything happens. Send help.

Different Quartz arrangements give you different Orbal arts. I couldn't figure that shit out for the life of me and looked up a guide.

But that's part of the fun of Trails!

Oh that makes sense. Now that I think about it, I wondered if there was something like that in the game when I was unsealing my first slots, but totally forgot about it, and I don't think it was really explained anywhere either.

I don't think it did either, and I only figured this out because I suddenly gave Estelle Aerial without add using a wind Quartz to what she already had. It's much more obvious in Cold Steel. Just started Chapter two and missed the hidden quest at Amberl Tower.

Read the memo section of the bracer notebook. It contains all the spells and how to unlock them.
You must have all the needed elements in the needed quantity on one line to unlock a spell.

Summer 2016

Nov 3rd.

This is a long Summer.

I hope they make some enemies no longer straight up ignore magic
Building full magic was fun until you found a boss near the end of the game that you can't kill and just before the part of the game where you should delevel and start leveling from level 1 again

Little known fact: XSEED is run by Australians. They're getting it out a bit early!

Boss within Strangerock or Time Crevice? I don't think Ascomoid's immune, but Lorelei would probably shirk off magic like it's nothing. If so, I really need to qualify anything I say about this game letting you do a magic build.

So now that Xanadu Next has a date, what other games in the series have been translated into english that I can play until it releases?

The original Xanadu has no text, although it was released in the US. Then there's the expansion, Scenario II, and the remakes of Xanadu and Scenario II.

Faxanadu was also released on the US.

The Legend of Xanadu I & II English fanpatch should be released before the end of the year.

Xanadu Next… well, in 12 days.

Then we have Tokyo Xanadu coming 2017 for Vita and PC.

Feel you man. Clocked 90 hours into FC.

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien.

Anybody played Ys VIII or Tokyo Xanadu?

Lemme know when they're bringing the eX+ version of TX, instead.

I've played both.

Well, how are they?

Lacrimosa is one of the best Ys games ever made, a lot of fans now prefer that one as their fav ys

How bout Tokyo Xanadu?

Coincidentally, someone made one just last week.I haven't tried it but it supposedly works.

gbatemp.net/threads/legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc-psp-undub-need-help.445307/

It's alright. Not great.

Ah, thanks for the link. I'll keep it bookmarked. Though it doesn't help much when my CFW PSP is refusing to recognize FC or SC at all, regardless of download source; neither Emuparadise or Nicoblog's uploads of FC work, and both discs of SC from Nicoblog fail to work either (Emuparadise doesn't have late western released PSP games, apparently; they don't have Brandish TDR either). All three ISOs just read as being corrupted from the get-go on it.

Bit of a story there: I actually had both on Vita (bought from the PSN) before, but I kept encountering issues with FC crashing repeatedly before I could even reach a spot to make a save file. I thought maybe that particular download having issues (I've had internet issues for a while now post-moving to a new area), and decided to redownload both off the PSN using the PS3 and a QCMA trick to avoid having to update my Vita. Turns out the Vita only registers FC as being compatible with it (and thus that one transferred over again fine) but it refuses to acknowledge I have a download of SC to transfer to it, as if it doesn't even see that the game exists, which is odd since I've had it on there before. Hence why I've been looking into trying to get both working on my CFW PSP, as XSEED's already had my money, but I can't get the game onto the system again without updating to 3.61 and potentially losing out on fan-translated Vita games down the line (whenever those start happening). Best I've been able to make out has been that, for PS1 and PSP games, if both the PS3 and Vita don't have the latest firmware, transfer compatibility becomes gimped (though for whatever reason transferring Vita data to an unupdated Vita works just fine).

Wait CFW PSP? It sounds like your using e-cfw on the Vita, which shouldn't be doable yet. What firmware are you on?

No, I mean I have an actual 3000 model PSP (running 6.60 Pro-C Fix-3 CFW) I'm trying to put online downloads of the games onto, since I can't put SC on my Vita anymore from the PSN without updating the Vita. In other words, I have both a PSP and a Vita, not that I'm running pirated PSP games on my Vita.

Normally, I wouldn't have thought I'd have any issues getting a PSP game running on the system it was originally for, but FC and SC have been proving me wrong. Wish I knew why. Dumped another game on there earlier to figure out if it was any old game that was having issues like that (which might hint at a memory or system issue), but given the PSP recognized it properly, I suspect it's just TitS having issues.

I watched the Tails in the Sky OVA/movie thing. It was weird as fuck in a lot of ways (and the translation bugged me too), but it was really nice hearing all the right music, seeing the animated versions of a few iconic scenes, and I also have to say I approved of the fanservice,

As an update, I've also tried to put Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch, A Tear of Vermillion, and Song of the Ocean on my CFW PSP, as well as Brandish: The Dark Revenant. All of them list as being corrupted upon being added to the memory stick and checking the games tab. I'd start to think that perhaps Falcom games might simply not work played pirated (that's five Kiseki games that don't work with it), but considering I've got working Ys I & II Chronicles, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Ys: Seven, and Nayuta no Kiseki on there, I doubt that's the case. The mystery deepens.

Very strange. Maybe something wrong with the downloads? Try seeing if they run with PPSSPP.

Maybe. I'm also thinking that perhaps it might be the program I'm using for unzipping files these days. I'll experiment around with some other PSP games and see if the results are the same or not.

Tried putting 7th Dragon 2020, Blade Dancer, Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Tactics Ogre: LUCT on the system; all of those work. However, for some of them, it still tosses a "Corrupted File" tab at the top of the XMB stack for some reason, with the actual game file somewhere beneath (noticed it since 7th Dragon is still close to the top of the stack; got both the game and corrupted file tabs on the screen at once). I think I might retry those Kiseki games and see if it does the exact same: putting a corrupted file up top but a working one at the bottom for some unfathomable reason. Never noticed it doing this in the past when I've dumped stuff onto my PSP though.

Yeah, it looks like that's what it's been doing. Copied the PSP Gagharv games and Brandish: TDR over again as a test. At the top, it dumps a corrupted file for each game, but then dumps the actually working game files elsewhere in the XMB. Why it's doing so, I'm not sure (why would it even feel a need to make two separate tabs for each game when there's only one file being added to the ISO folder? I can't recall it doing so until recently), but there's a lesson to be had here that I'm going to remember, and perhaps others can learn from it as well.

At least I'm not as fucked as I'd thought I was when it comes to playing these. Still wish I could transfer SC from my PS3 to the Vita without updating though.

You rang? Ys VIII is up there with the best in the series.

Dorothy invaded his head

Looks like Adrenalin is coming soon. It will allow PSP isos on Vitas with henkaku and it looks like it will have the full PSP menu again, just like TN-V.

That's part of the fun. One of the best things about Trails actually. The world is alive.

Also you can check your Bracer notebook for Quartz combinations.

Man, I want Lacrimosa pretty badly.

The footage they show have what seems to be frame drops. Are there framerate problems and have they been fixed or what?

Goddammit Tita is so cute. I want a daughteru!

Is that Crow behind Rean? It's certainly not Rean's reflection.

It's Rean's back.

I don't know. The hair looks different from Rean's, and I know there's not much to see, but the coats seem different enough, too (seems darker).

The hair seems the same. Take a good look at the shape, as well as the two bits of hair sticking out at the top.

The colour of the coat is darker at the back and sides also. It's just the front that's white. It's reminiscent of Crow's (for good reason), but I don't think it's him.

Also, no bandanna.

It's Rean in his ogre form.

Has anyone actually played Akatsuki no Kiseki? I'd like to know whether it's standard F2P app trash or a legit game. The single screen towns aren't very encouraging.

Could be, which is why his hair is lighter.

Which reminds me:

Who else in Kiseki has red eyes and white hair aside from Crow and Ogre Rean?

It's called comfiness. Main reason why I got into JRPGs as a kid. Games don't seem to do it anymore.

Your boy McBurn

Hmm, he's blonde but maaaybe it counts?

Could it mean that Crow was mixed too? Or is it just a coincidence?

Is Loewe mixed as well then? Both Loewe and McBurn have similar backgrounds.

Considering Loewe could also handle a sword from the outside realms, I'd say there's a good chance.

Since Xanadu Next is coming out, I'm watching a playthrough of Faxanadu.

Played this game when I was little kid. I remember getting frustrated at not knowing what to do and dying a lot. I also think that that was the game that made me understand the concept of grinding, even though I didn't know that that's what it's called.

I did beat it after many tries. I would probably say it's one of my favourite games on NES with how I stuck with it even though I didn't understand some of it.

Coincidence. Being mixed comes with the aura, and Crow looked like that as a child.

Did he ever activate the aura? If not, he could just be that demonically powerful.

Along with new features, supposedly a proper graphics upscaler is in the works.

That's true. Most likely looking for connections where there are none.

Speaking of connections where there are none, I've got this inkling that Millium is a designer baby clone of Claire.

I don't think so. Claire's surname is actually the name of a well-known family (but not politically important family), and it's clear form Altina that the designer doll kids can look however the Black Workshop wants. Also their hair color isn't even the same shade of blue.

I'm having a problem with Memories of Celceta. I've just finished the angler-fish boss and I've done all the sidequests in selray but now I don't know where to go. I looked up a guide and it said I should go to the starting town but when I do there is nothing there. I dunno what else there is for me to do. Help?

Yeah, in game the hair looked closer in color. I also seemed to have thought Claire had the same eyes for some reason. I coupled that with Claire's older sister like relationship to Millium and just figured she volunteered. Damn, I wanted to use that to jump to the conclusion of Rean being Osborne's clone, but I guess that would just be farfetched. Wanted to feel like I discovered something, I guess. Wonder who his mom is, then.

Wonder what mixed people are mixed with exactly. It's apparently something that can be shoved into your chest, but you can apparently make a person's full body out of it too. Anyone who's played the other Trails have any idea?

They've never made a good game.

Do we already have a guild for Akatsuki no Kiseki?

They made Joshua too powerful. Didn't sit well with me.

I dunno, he got bodied by Walter and only won because of a distraction. And he beats Loewe in the game once the power of love kicks in too (and it's barely a draw in the ova).

It has quite a few problems and makes some really weird decisions (completely eliminating Weissman from the story, rushing Renne's backstory and development, showing off the plot hooks for Lucciola without payoff, etc), but I wouldn't say Joshua's power level was one of them.

Kevin not appearing is the worst part for me.

So, where do you think we're going after CS III takes us through likely Western Erebonia?

Kondo confirmed that Calvard is next.

I wonder how will they handle the whole inmigration topic.

Oh… Personally I was hoping for Alteria. We always go to places Erebonia either has or will fuck up. Liberl, Crossbell, even Erebonia itself.

Alteria sounds more like the last game or one of the last.

Is there a link to an article or whatever where he confirmed it?

Really? What makes you say that?

But we've already had a game there. The 3rd

Really? I've heard nothing on what 3rd is except that Estelle and Joshua aren't the mains anymore and that it sets up Crossbell. Good to know I have something else to look forward to.

The 3rd sets up the rest of the franchise, there's shit still "unresolved".

I don't know how much of Alteria you get to explore though.
Most of the game takes place in another dimension.

Don't get too excited. The 3rd doesn't play like the other games. There's a lot more dungeon crawling, a lot less exploring and looking around places.

That's… Disconcerting. Is the gameplay more refined?

It's just TitS gameplay.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of dialogue and story, but from what I recall the game does not have the typical quest structure and neither do you explore large areas with the ability to talk to copious NPCs.

80 hour game into 2 hours.

It has the best gameplay of the trilogy, that's one of the main focus.

Not even two hours, and I certainly didn't expect it to show the complete story at all. The central arc of Estelle and Joshua's story almost worked, but it still felt off.

It was still nice to see parts of it animated, at any rate, even with the weird changes and decisions.

The third has Kevin, which is really cool in the game. The third also has plenty of interesting story stuff- don't worry it's not boring.

If it was just gameplay I'd have played it entirely but my Japanese just wasn't good enough to appreciate it so I'm waiting for Xseed.

She really had a hard life.

Btw, XSEED has been sharing some pictures of the 3rd, English translation included and a perfect widescreen resolution. Sara's main focus has been Xanadu Next from a long time ago, and I rarely see the 3rd being updated on the Steam Database. It feels like they are having an "easy" time developing the 3rd, in other words, it won't probably be delayed and even get released sooner than expected. Which already happened with CS II.

Considering the comparative hell FC and SC were, must be nice.

Well, it's the easiest Trails to release, since it has the smallest script and they don't even have to record VA audio (already done back on 2011). Pure bliss for XSEED.

What I'd like to know it's how big Zero and Azure are, but for real. Fans numbers are fucking retarded, and well, Falcom said it was 2 millions each.

What makes me think it can't be that much is the fact that the main script is as big as SC/3rd/CSI/CSII but the NPC script isn't that big, plus fans has extracted the scripts and the estimations go under 1 million for each game. Pretty weird.

Taken from Tom himself. He does mention that the Crossbell numbers were a Falcom estimate, but they're normaly not too far off.

I really hope they do Zero and Ao.

After the Divertissement in CS2, I fail to see how they can't bring them across.

Depends on when CS III releases, which is vaguely maybe sometime in 2016. It would take about a year and some change in months to release one of those games, unless they devote A LOT more manpower to localize it, and considering that I'm pretty sure they'd have to port them to PC as well, it's very costly, time, and resource consuming.

I'm saying this under the assumption that CS III has far higher localization priority for sales reasons.

What exactly is the continuity from Dragon Slayer and Gagharv into Sky? By that I mean, what carries over?

Different planets.

So what's the connection between Tokyo Xanadu and the previous Xan games?

Seems like a more action oriented Persona, just with the SMT elements replaced with (supposedly) Xanadu elements.

There is the theory, that since Zwei II was such a flop, Falcom started to disguise it's sequels as games from other franchises.
Nayuta no Kiseki is pretty much Zwei III and Tokyo Xanadu is Zwei IV. Both games have little in common with their franchises they are supposed to be from and a lot in common with Zwei.

… Seriously?

So, is there any chance that the Cold Steel games get ported to PC?
I don't mind it too much the way it is right now, but trying to find my Vita after every CS release is such a drag.

Unless the Japs port it, zilch to nada.

Well, slap my ass and call me Tiffany, what a shame.

I've been playing it and it's oddly addicting, even if it is poorly balanced.

The pay 2 win just gives you bracer coins for getting level 2~3 quartz and doing the gatcha.
Once you get to chapter 2, you won't even need to buy BC because they give it you by the shitloads and you start earning level 2~4 quartz by completing dungeons.

Barely, but there's an incomplete guide for the quartz.
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Master_Quartz_(Akatsuki)
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Quartz_(Akatsuki)

Also, Endless history translates what the updates add.
esterior.net/2016/10/akatsuki-no-kiseki-1019-maintenance-and-update-joshua-bright-has-arrived/

FYI, unconfirmed, but there are whispers of CS III being a 4 exclusive. Be prepared.

What is the guild called?
Also what's your username?

Sorry, I misread the word guild for guide.

Maybe we can make one?

Sure, why not.

CS runs on PhyreEngine, which makes it easy as fuck to port to PC. Hell, it wouldn't even be weird that falcom has a PC build already.

It all comes to either XSEED or Falcom to work on it, but I'd say that CS on PC will only happen after the Crossbaell duology is released first, plus I can see CS rereleased for PS4 with improvements and maybe deleted content included.

Pls no I don't wanna buy a ps4

Where do you get 魔獣の獣肉 (food ingredient for hotel quest) in Akatsuki?

From these two dungeons. You can also look at these tabs for what food ingredients are dropped in what dungeons.

Thanks, very detailed

Cold Steel's title screen was on a train.

Cold Steel II's title screen had Rean lying on the ground.

What will CSIII's title screen be?

CS2's title screen changes a lot more than CS1's.

CS3's will probably be Rean and Valimar.

That's how I felt about Mass effect 3 on the wiiU and we all know how that went.

Do Zero and Ao even have (Japanese) PC versions for Xseed to translate?

Only Zero. It sold so poorly that they didn't bother with Ao.

It's going to happen and you know it. Can't wait to see certain "never ever!!!!" assholes cry because English speaker fans are able to play it.

Just give them money and time, that's all they need.

That's the problem, fool. They don't have the time and the money isn't there to justify outsourcing or put off CS III for later.

But Ao is what Zero is all about. Without Ao, Zero is meaningless

Anyone got any good character from the Gacha of Akatsuki?

I keep getting Ries for some reason, but her potential stats suck so much I don't bother using her.

At least she is cute

Too bad cuteness doesn't win me event battles.
Speaking of event battles, I find it hilarious how they balance them entirely around Reene.

how bad are the cartoons?

The fighting was pretty good

See

If you like Dark Fact and pikkards, you'll love the second one.

time to download before the internet dies

Falcom Gakuen is pretty cool, it has Adol being a dick and Joshua wanting to be the little girl.

Shit, I wanted to post this one

Where can I find the full series?

Youtube / nyaa.se

There's also the original manga which I consider better, but this and the anime has huge spoilers, if you haven't beat the games don't even bother.

Fucking moralfag scum.

Money and time are in short supply for a game that won't even sell 200k copies.

But I admire your optimism.

Pirates with rules are the worst.

Fuck it, do you have raws?

I've got this shit.

How's the 3DS port of Gurumin? My previous experience with Falcom on DS is the Ys 1&2 ports and a weird RTS, so I don't have the highest of hopes.

Gurumin and Ys 1 and 2 are on PC, friend. Try playing the games on better hardware.

So goys, did ouroboros cause the north ambrian disaster? Specifically Campanella.

No one knows for sure what the hell cause the Pillar of Salt to appear, but it would have been very ironic for Weissmen to have joined them if that was the case.

If you ask me Weissmen got too salty about it.

I like to think that yeah, Ouroboros are responsible. Don't know if it was an accident or not, but it reminds me of the shit that appears in Crossbell City (the Azure tree) and Heimdallr (Infernal Castle)

Why the fuck did they change the orbment system in the cold steel games?

Apparently the MQ system was introduced in the Crossbell games.

The specific quartz = specific arts is Cold Steel yeah. And while I initially hated it, I grew to like it because you can have some devastating combos without taking up space with quartz you may not use.

The main problem with this is that you can't have a variety of arts or strong arts early on.

This is actually talked about in universe by a certain character in Cold Steel 2.

Who, Rixia?

Yep

Are you guys ready for some Amiibos

twitter.com/gurumin3d/status/791805641836732416

For fucking real, what the fuck

Pillar of salt is likely a result of a Septerrion system going out of control, and one of the reasons Aidos sent her Anguis to deactivate/claim them.

I must say that I liked the new system even less, the longer I had to deal with it.
With the old system is was easier to make small adjustments to your already equipped characters, while with the new system I would often just unequip all Quarz and star fresh, which takes an annoying amount of time.

I must be really autistic because I really loved removing everything and starting from fresh when dealing with different parties.

I also did it a lot in Sky as well.

It's nice to do in Sky if you're completely changing up how a character fights, but with the new system you have to do it just to get a good arrangement of arts rather than changing the character's styles.

i might as well ask in here since it's not worth creating another thread or derailing another one: what's the best animu/nipponese game I should play, or five?

I've only played a couple, I remember playing something from Ys, Recettear, and Tales of Symphonia. If there is something you consider a game god tier in this "genre" (what the fuck do we call it other than "anime games") what would it be?

There's no "the best", that's a pretty subjective thing. That's like asking to us if Ys or Trails is better, there's no "right answer".

What you should look for is for aspects from games that you really like, and see which series and games focus on that.

well going off of the image in OP's post, he specifically mentions to start "at the beginning" with Trails in the Sky, but he mentions the "subseries." I don't know if he's talking about the very first trails in the sky game from 2004, or if by subseries he means the categories he broke up in that picture, so "the beginning" being 2013 Trails of Cold Steel.

He wasn't specific enough in his image, so I don't know if I'm required to play the 2004 game in order to keep track of the plot, or if it's okay to start with Trails of Cold Steel from 2013 if I want to begin Legend of Heroes 8. I don't know if he means subseries as in Ys/Legend of Heroes/Gagharv or subseries as in Legend of Heroes 6/7/8.

TLoH is divided into 3 subseries: Iseruhasa, Gagharv and Trails. if you start playing any of these, play their games in order, for example, White Witch -> Tear of Vermillion -> Cagesong of the Ocean. Every new game always take what the previous titles built as part of their plot.

So if you want to play the Trails games, yes, start with Trails in the Sky. Cold Steel was made so new players could jump into the franchise, but not as in "ignore the previous games" but as "Did you like the game? Go back and play the previous game if you want to understand the next sequels".

In short, if you wanna play TitS and ToCS, start with TitS, CS contains some spoilers for tits

ah shit, nigs

fucking cock tease

zero/ao when, reeee

hopefully before CS3 in the west

So, two things.

1. Xanadu Next does not like WINE.
2. It does not like toasters as much as Trails and Ys do.

OH FUG

The fan translation works fine on my toaster. What the hell XSEED? :^)

I don't know what Sara did, but Xanadu Next has stutters on my fairly beefy rig, and the rest of the port has some issues.

oh yeah, I get this everytime I boot the game

text boxes seem a little messed up too

Shit, nigger. This is Little King's Story all over again. A messy hackjob that will get a few halfassed patches and then get forgotten.

The last two studios I had faith in were Flying Wild Hog and XSeed. FWH has decided their old audience is dead and turned Shadow Warrior into a even more cringeworthy Memelands and obviously XSeed has gone completely to shit.

smdh tbqh famalam

Little King's Story also was a contract job by Japanese programmers (hired because they could read Japanese comments in the source code better) who left for Obon holiday before they could push a patch, and the game's remained in a sorry state. Sara doesn't do this. XSEED waited longer than usual on SC's release simply because she and the others wanted better Q&A before launch. I've heard that the corrupted save warning can be worked around and saves load fine, which means this should be a minor bug.

Best case, Sara and the beta testers will get these issues fixed as best as possible for the launch build. We really don't know why these issues are happening. This reinforces my suspicion that Falcom PC games all have their internal quirks and problems that were covered up on release, only to cause trouble for localizers a decade or so later. Very rarely do their PC games share engines despite seeming to on the surface. She had to rebuild Corpse Party PC from the ground up in C++ because the original game uses Hot Soup Processor instead and is a pain for newer OSes as such, before XSEED's improvements. I don't think Sara, Tom, and anyone else involved with Xananext wants this to fail on launch. They've made a mistake by sending out a less promising review copy however.

Dammit. I'm still buying it like a goy

Jesus Christ how horrifying.

I still have a chuckle every time I hear the "Japanese notes in source code" excuse for the outsourcing of LKS.

Considering Sara is pretty fucking good at Japanese and at programming, the code after all is going to be written in English and according to XSeed LKS is such an important game for the company, I am still baffled you paid some random nip fucks to ruin the port.

Considering Sara is involved in this I'm going to be another good goyim and buy it when available, man it's going to be awesome if they don't completely fuck it up.

Well since they have only one title coming out for the rest of the year (which they are simply just publishing physical copies) and only 3 titles confirmed for next year so far, maybe they'll have a bit of downtime to scrub out all of Xanadu Next's quirks.

I'm buying it so I can get the Crossbell series faster

HAHAHAHAHA!

Unless SnK III gets pushed back to 2018, that ain't happening. Besides, they'd have to make a PC port for Azure.

That can happen if they try. Sen 3 will be released late September next year, and depending on the script (Kondo said it's going to be a HUGE game, probably fully exploring Erebonia and Crossbell). At least 1~1.5 years spent exclusively on the translation, add some more months for the actual release and the VA dub and it will get released here around mid-late 2019.

Also knowing Falcom, they'd love to reuse Sen 3 assets, meaning they could release Sen 4.

I'm keeping an eye on XSEED employees, and some such as Nick said (who worked on CS) said last February he was working on another secret game that would take a long time to announce (and that was after he was done with CS, so he started late 2015) and I can't imagine Japanese games with huge scripts or that would need a long time to be announced. And if he started translating Zero on late 2015, they could perfectly be able to release the duology before CS 3, even if it's just a few weeks like they did with SC / CS.

But this is just a theory.

A GAME theory ;^)

N-no….don't do it!

A GAME theory ;^)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Where can I get the original ISO for Ys IV Dawn of YS and maybe also Ys III for the PC Engine?

I want to get the original music tracks from this by ripping the CD but all I find are bin and cue files which can't be read. The OSTs you find are doctored and sound like shit so I need the original games to get the music files from (which are .wav). This is driving me nuts looking for it.

Can anyone help me?

It's not a huge issue or anything but I'm kinda annoyed we're YEARS behind Japan with Falcom games. Hope Cold Steel 3 can resolve that.

Hell played TitS FC just last year and that game came out in 2002 or something?

theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/ysivthedawnofysturbografx-cdeng-trans/
theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/ys-iv-the-dawn-of-ys-english-dubtext/
theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/ys-iii---wanderers-from-ys-u-turbo-cd/
theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/ys-iii--wanderers-from-ys-turbo-cd/

My life for Falcom/Xseed.

I'll check these but again they're probably unpackable files that I can't get the music tracks off of.

You can get the wav files from your bin and cue files.
1) Mount the cue file with Daemon Tools (WinCDEmu doesn't work).
2) Download this tool and re-rip the game from the virtual drive: ysutopia.net/get.php?id=TurboRip

nice dubs, I'll try it out

someone spoil Ys VIII for me

Kilgore is a serial killer and kills the Captain.

Adol goes on an adventures and blue balls a bunch of women.

One of the women kisses Adol on the cheek.

whole plot?

ancient evil awakens
you also play as girl connected to old religion who worships angels

Ys never has much of a story, you slash some monsters and fight bosses with awesome music.

Wow. What a slut.

How's the framerate on YsVIII?

And why do you think they delayed it for the PS4?

Sales viability etc etc

wut

I can think of at least six different planets that Falcom games take place on (not counting their sci-fi game Star Trader). There are occasional crossovers; Ys Vs. Sora no Kiseki takes place on the same planet as Xanadu Next, Nayuta Herschel's granddaughter manages to go to the Trails planet and also Earth for Tokyo Xanadu, etc. This allows for continuity between all games, but the different worlds normally don't affect each other much.

wut

why do people even look for continuality in these? It's like trying to find continuality in Final Fantasy or some shit. Many are not connected and cameos and eastereggs are present, that's it.

Are you fcuking retarded or do you have brain damage?

I thought you just mistyped continuity the first time but then I saw your second attempt. You also have to realize the regular person who doesn't know of course won't know. Generally, when someone sees something in a numbered order they expect it to have some continuity to it.

wow game ruined why even play it now

2004 on PC

Holy shit I didn't realize that's who Toma was until now.

**Every FUCKTON years or so, whenever the latest version of the world's "humanity" reaches a certain point of technological proficiency, the presence known as "Lacrimosa" resets life on the planet, and chooses one representative of that previous race to guide the next humanity through time. Dana's people, who descended from the Dinosaurs of Selen Isle, are the last to had reached the calamity - and Dana was chosen as the record of her age. Before and while this is going on, since she is the shaman of her civilization's religion and can see into the future/interact with it, she sees what Adol and his crew are going through on the isle themselves, and decides to try and guide them from the past.

Eventually Adol and co find her resting in front of the Great Evolution Tree (the centerpiece of Dana's peoples religion) and continue searching for a way to leave the island, all while Dana is confused as fuck what's going on and why she only remembers certain things. Eventually the Lacrimosa activates for the current era, Dana finally remembers everything as Adol and co continue viewing the past, and she decides to leave and try to deal with the Lacrimosa herself in order to save the current era since her era had already long since been destroyed. Along the line, Adol was accepted as the record of the current version of humanity much like Dana had in the distant past.

Shit gets wild with the Great Evolution Tree, and hyper-evolved dinosaurs start spewing out of it, as a fog surrounds the tree. Adol's party enters the tree, finding themselves in a dungeon connecting the "records" of past eras. Shit happens, Adol gets a new sword, cuts his way to the boss, and Lacrimosa is killed. Afterwards he wakes up in the drifting village, the only one to remember Dana. If you didn't fuck up with side content, he goes looking for her, the parrot turns out to be a fucking GODDESS, and tells them that the only way to meet Dana again is to go to a dimension of all the things that had existed in one way or another but were lost to reality, beat the shit out of the final bosses fetus, and this somehow allows Dana to come back to reality as the new incarnation of the Lacrimosa, but not crazy as shit and with the former records of the lost eras as her pantheon of gods. She only can maintain her physical form for a few minutes, thanks all the party, cries like a bitch, and then completes her transition to becoming a goddess, disappearing into the ether. Adol leaves, cue credits.**

why didn't this spoil right

Each paragraph needs its own.

Good job, nerd.

Nick is just the lead editor, you dingus.

The anime is great.

This gurren lagann shit doesn't make any sense because humans were MUCH MUCH more powerful in the time of the gods before Ys O. The angels came from the west and gave wizards black pearls to do crazy magical shit and weather machines.

Why is it after all this time when earth fell and it comes back to wimpy Romun stuff when they're afraid of dragons that the world needs to be reset? That also leaves the questions are the Angels before the lizards?

Yes. The queen of the lizards turned out to have been the queen of the angels.

You have got to be kidding me.

Nope. That being said, it's more of a case of reincarnation. The queen of the angels consciousness took over once the lacrimosa started to awaken.

So it turns out you were suppose to go to Ymir in the first CS, but they cut it out.
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/Eiyuu_Densetsu:_Sen_no_Kiseki#Development

Yeah, and you were also supposed to go make deliveries in a far off town in CS2, but it was also cut.

Yeah, you hear a lot about what they did in Ymir in CS2 and it's kind of strange.

Hopefully that won't be awkwardly referenced like the Ymir trip and meeting the Emperor in CS III.

bump

Out of curiosity, what the fug is Osborne's angle? Is he trying to take over the world or some shit?

Its a pity Renne doesn't die in SC.
Wanted to see that annoying loli cunt getting strangled by Joshua.

oh boy

He's Making Erebonia and the entire Zemurian Continent Great Again

Probably was abused by her other "parents"
and got found by Ouroboros later on.
Not that I give a shit about that, crazy bitch tried to murder me and my whole crew because she was feeling upset.

Typical whiteknight faggotry defending character because she was "misunderstood".

goy, go look up the backstory, it's a little more than that

Just finished reading the Black Records and talking with the Partitioner

Oh boy, we're in for a wild ride in CS3.

Mod to make Phantasmal Mirrors work outside of the Final Dungeon when?

The CS1 drama CD takes place in Ymir.

Would have loved to play that chapter.

What time does gog usually put up new releases? I want to know when I need to wake up for Xanadu Next

She was a ten year old girl. Hell even Texas doesn't execute children yet.

He's a civic nationalist.

Expect the last 3 Ys games and more for PC sooner or later ;)

cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/436670/b6d400b5547fc3d11ebef4d49a23a1e1c10f539c.jpg

I'll believe them when I see them

Did Falcom lose the rights to that one song that plays when you're in the dungeons to get the Zemurian Ore? I can't find it for the life of me. Maybe I'm just retarded.

It's on the super arrange album for CS1, so it's not in the CS2 albums or rips.

Thank you my man, I've been looking for this for a while. Have something cute in exchange.

Post the rest you bastard.

does he have too?

LOL wasn't this track played through the whole last area of SnKII. It was so weird, that and the wavy rugs in the middle of the hall.

Post the rest.

That early version of Trista looks pretty nice actually. Just needs some trees and greenery.

That shit just amps up my excitement for CS3. It's gonna get crazy.

Just finished Trails in the Sky. Jesus Christ, things went to shit so fucking quickly. I mean not Cold Steel I level, but relatively speaking, just… Damn.

Does Trails to Zero end like that too? Is this a trend? Character revelation, betrayal, then them disappearing with the PC spending the next game trying to bring them back? Joshua, Crow, does that happen in Zero with whoever the Zero Child is?

Dammit, Falcom knows how to tug at my heartstrings.

I think it's safe to assume that every first game in a Trails series ends with a cliffhanger where shit that's been boiling finally explodes and the characters have to regroup and whatnot

gog.com/game/xanadu_next

its out

How's the performance of Xanadu Next? I read some concerning posts about that here earlier.

Performance is fine for me, but ultra widescreen apparently has some issues.

When I leveled up my Stab skill disappeared from the bar. Is that normal?

No. In fact it appears weapon skills are bugged since they don't appear in their appropriate tab in the inventory, and become unselectable if unequipped for any reason.

Fine on my end, no frame stuttering even when I load the most intense parts of the game from my saves. But the weapon skills bug could get frustrating fast if you're just starting. Sara needs to get that fixed ASAP.

So is this Xanandu Next game japanese Diablo or what

Did Fie become a bracer?

That's apparently what happened yeah. She's probably thinking that by being a Bracer she could encounter her old Jaeger Corps again and find out what Xeno and Leo meant when they said they were bringing back the boss

No, that's ShadowFlare. Xananext is closer to Ys and Brandish, or even Nox/Symphony of the Night.

Sara @ XSEED's just pushed a ton of Steam patches which clear up the worst problems with Xananext right now. I hope almost all cases of stuttering are gone now.

Where the hell are the widescreen settings anyways?

Config.exe

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks

Did they fix gamepad support?

Got anymore?

Also, are there fan translations of Zero and Azure in case the worst comes to pass?

None in English, there is a fan- translation for Zero that could be out some time in December, but I wouldn't count on it.

7 MYSTERY GAMES

steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/

One of them is likely Akiba's Beat. They demoed it on a PC at E3.

Another two are surely going to be Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! and Nitro+ Blasterz;the first was announced to get released on the 10th of November, second one to be released on winter, still no Steam page for both of them.

I can't for the life of me find a Zero no Kiseki pc torrent, any of you goys got one?

Jesus christ, why can't the awful yuricuck pandering game be less accessible instead of the good game? The pandering game is ToCS, smartasses.

How's Gurumin 3D, by the way?

What a waste of trips. You can buy Sky FC and SC on GoG or not even pay at all since you can just drop by the share thread, they'll have them there. I know you're baiting, but why are you calling Coldsteel bad? Is it just a case of it being newer or is there a deeper reason for it? Do you think you're cool because you used "cucked" wrong?

u wot

t. triggered /u/nuchs

Did the mongolian jew chase you out of half chan? You need to go back.

Why do you get so offended when I call you out on being a yuricuck?

What do you even mean? How is coldsteel involved in any way with Yuri>

>implying you don't worship Angelica for raping just so happening to sexually "liberate" some of the female students
I swear to god, as horrific as it is, it's true to life. Lesbians can get away with pedophilia but it's okay because DUDE CRYING MEN LMAO.

Holy fuck dude, this is the most minor thing and it's mentioned I think once by crow in the entirety of the two games. How triggered can one retard get?

How emotional can one Tumblrina-in-training get?

Please, show us. You're doing such a fine job as is.

I seriously don't understand why you're getting so bent over that one little thing, Angelica's only ever on screen for a max of two hours between the two games and is irrelevant otherwise. Can you think of any other relevant examples than this dumb shit?

I fucking hate that whore Angelica. She is the worst of all Kiseki characters. She should be drawn and quartered. Towa must be kept clean from here vile clutches.

Angelica is fine, don't blame her because she was taught by a perverted old man

pls respond

why can xanadu jump and climb

what game

what game

The Legend of Zelda: Weekend at Diablo's

but user, theres a guide in game that tells you the arts combinations

never mind I fixed it

Is Xanadu Next patched yet?

On steam yes, on gog not yet, but the patch is submitted.

dangit

a-anyone?

Yeah nah fuck off.

No retard, lesbians rape women and then they're lesbians. Get it right.

I just discovered, the the downloadable version from gog is patched, but on gog galaxy it isn't.

Man, I'm having a blast with Xanadu Next, shit's so addicting. Actual sequel to the main Xanadu games when?

Well, between hitting the bump limit, page 12, and getting random shitposter out of no where, I think it's time for a new thread. I'd make it, but I'm on mobile.

Maybe if you didn't get kicked out of the house by your wife's girlfriend, you'd be able to use your computer.

NEW THREAD