When did this stupid meme of calling screen resolutions by taking the screen height and adding "p" onto it get out of...

When did this stupid meme of calling screen resolutions by taking the screen height and adding "p" onto it get out of hand? It's fucking TV terminology that doesn't belong anywhere outside that - call it "1920x1200" and so on like a normal person. Of course it's fucking consolefags overtaking the field - so if you're a supposedly proud mustard race PC gaymur (who probably just got an ayylienware to impress Holla Forums sempai as if that was something to be proud of) and refer to resolutions like that, turn over your badge and drink a good cup of bleach for good measure.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection#0865677a6a616c6b7a696a486f65696164266b6765
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When we lost the war and everything's a TV or movie resolution now, faggot.

The p is there to distinguish it as progressive and not interlaced.

the vertical resolution almost implies the horizontal one, unless you are one of those weirdos with a a super wide monitor

No sher shitlock, I said this is appropriate to use when referring to TVs. I don't think I can pick an interlaced resolution in my game settings can I?

p
:p

I know, right? It really triggers my autism like why is it called 4k when it's really 3.84k? I mean :^)

Oh I also blame YouTube for contributing by putting anachronisms in the video quality selection.

Who is actually referring to monitor resolution as progressive scan? I haven't seen this anywhere once. Also, from your post, it doesn't even sound like you understand progressive vs interlaced.

I'd absolutely blame flat panels and the whole video disc format wars.

What is the difference?

You're making a stupid post, but you're right.
4K is a Digital Cinema standard that was co-opted by marketers. However, the DCI standard is 4096x2160, "4K" TVs are not truly 4K.

An interlaced signal redraws every second line each frame, effectively giving you a higher resolution image at half the bandwidth. It was made obsolete almost a decade ago, but the p suffix for progressive unfortunately caught on.

Do interlaced HD monitors even exist? Actually playing emulated PS2 games in 1080i would be good.

I can pick 1080i on my xbox 360.

One is made for fat CRT TV's and has obviously scanlines, the other is made for HDTV's and has pixelation, the higher the resolutions, the less pixels there will be.

I like to read posts like this to my friends

Do you do it while jerking them off?

Can I jerk YOU off?~

I swallow if your precum is good enough, but you can also force me if you're bold enough.

the P stands for progressive scan you dumb retard

You got me man

Woah that id

Don't you dare talk lewd to me, dirty talk is my #1 fetish and due to my unusually wide girth I can't masturbate.

wut?

hand cant fit around his dick

My hands are too small and my benis is too wide.
I can't fully fit my hand around it.

That sounds like a hellish existence.

What does cum taste like?

It is.

When people refer to 1440p as "2K" it triggers a violent autismal reaction out of me.

2K is 2048x1080, NOT fucking 2560x1440

Welp, you asked for this.

My hands are pretty small, so I'd love to wrap them around your cock and make you feel like a fucking beast

I'd definitely love to swirl my tongue around your flaccid cock as it expands and reaches the back of my throat, laying on my back so you can throatfuck me, having a bulge come out on my neck, then getting you close to climax, flipping my over with my face on the bed and my ass on the ceiling

Grinding forcefully against my ass, as my legs quiver and pressure pushes and GRINDS FURIOUSLY against my prostate, I scream and wince as your thick, rock hard girthy cock enters and make me shake violently. The lukewarm, slimy tightness, compressing around your dick ever so comfortably.

……….
…………..

e-mail is in the header

Like Kalimari, Coconut, Boiled Mushroom and Squid. Wish a slight salty tanginess, texture can be from watery to thick and flavorful, similar to thick nasal liquid, but so much silkier.

I like it fresh from the source and, I eat my cum every time I masturbate
I try not to fap to often so I could eat as much of it as possible

>8ch.net/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection#0865677a6a616c6b7a696a486f65696164266b6765

This faggot getting cockblocked by codemonkey. Beautiful.

refresh the page and ruin your experience

Forgot to say, it can be really sharp sometimes and be bitter as fuck, the mixture is like a thicker egg yolk/loose mucus mix, but thicker and better tasting. I really like how the warmness sort of melts in your mouth and fuses with your saliva.

It is analog CRT terminology and describes the number of lines to be scanned (not all of them are visible). As CRTs don't have pixels, there is no horizontal "columns" to be specified. Also the aspect ratio is directly determined by the tube geometry.
The terminology isn't restricted to TVs and works with PC CRTs as well: 480p60 (VGA), 600p56 (SVGA), 768i87 (XGA) were common analog modes used to draw raster graphics at 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768.
It just doesn't make much sense with LCDs.

we need to make yahoo answers great again
shit's always been gold

>progressive
>PROGRESSIVE

Well thanks for the raging hard on, but like I said I can't exactly jerk-it so I'm not sure what the point of this was.