New Mario Speculation (or Autism General)

Switch trailer revealed new Mario
Looks like the same movement, jumps & running dust trails as 3D World.

Was there anything beyond these two clips? If not, I don't see anything to suggest this isn't Mario 3D World 2. The area in the first clip looks somewhat open while the area in the second looks more like the linear designs that appear to have been cranked out of a level editor like in the first 3D World. If there's a 3D World level editor its probable that this is unfortunately going the same route as New Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario 3D Maker

That running, jumping and long jump animations are exactly like in Mario Galaxy, which I hope it's not Galaxy 3, the other two are way too linear

Super Mario Mexico: Over the Wall

Mario & Samba de Amigo At the Dia de los Muertos in Mexico

Fuck I would love a new Samba game.

So many things they could do with Switch, they better not fuck the library up this time.

Das raycis

it's like you never playing Mario 64 you fucking imbecile

WE'RE GONNA BUILD A WHOMP AND THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM IS GONNA PAY FOR IT
MAKE KOOPALAND GREAT AGAIN
Trump/Bowser edit when?

Mario better be able to punch and kick so we can have half-a-press kicks again.

I've been wanting a more open Mario game for some time, one similar to Sunshine but with the same sense of adventure the RPG games have. And also a bit like Banjo-Kazooie in terms of level design
Here's to hoping my 10 year old self's autistic dreams come true.

It's like you think 64's levels are any more open than Galaxy's.

Um yes they kinda are.

They are.

They are, dipshit. Galaxy expressly blocks you from obtaining any star that you didn't pick when entering the level; Mario 64 will let you wander off the path and find them regardless which mission you're on, unless it would conflict with your current star (racing Koopa up Bob-omb Mountain removes the King Bob-omb boss because the goal post is right where you'd fight him). And this is coming from someone who loved the shit out of Galaxy.

I see a lot of clear things - possibly ice or something. The fountain on the left in the first clip, and lots of the rocks surrounding the level in the second clip all appear to be see-through, which makes me think either it's magically-unthawing ice or something you have to paint a la Splatoon, Mario Sunshine, or even Color Splash.

Also digging the Mexican desert town. That's a new one for Mario.

Like… not having spherical levels?

Those sombrero guys look more like a NPC than an enemy. I'd say the eviroment looks a bit more open too, but well just have to wait n see.

There's not a whole lot to glean here, but in that section of a level they show, you could argue either way. It looks like it's part of an introductory level (gauging from the sand pit rather than a bottomless pit) with some obvious progression, making that left turn onto the higher platform or triple jumping off of the bill blaster.
You can see some more ice crystals in what looks to be the out of bounds area, along with that purple block and the stone blocks out in the distance, though so it could potentially be a larger level.

Mario has sucked since 64. Then suddenly they came out with New Super Mario for the original DS and there was suddenly a good mario game again. But then they sucked again.

Yeah. The second clip shows a clear path forward but 3D World and 3D Land didn't have hubs with NPCs to talk to, so who knows.

The post you are replying to isn't about this game, it's about Galaxy vs 64.

Is this nuMario?

WHY

WHY CANT THEY JUST MAKE SUPER MARIO 64 2

FOR FUCKS SAKE

HAHAHAHA
HEHEH

LOL

I think the red dot in the third panel should be moved up so it's parallel with the white dot.

I dont get it

But then it's not where the second analog stick is, user.

The real reason everything since 64 was shit is because they don't have those hardcore programmers anymore. They were seasoned veterans who lived through the NES and SNES eras and fucking ate breathed and shat assembler code. The Mario64 physics code is a thing of fucking beauty. The rest of the game flowed from the elegance of its engine. Camera haters be dammed, at its time NOTHING could even touch it, and other companies strived for years to capture the formula of 3D platformers even though it had already been solved.

Fast forward to today and you have lazy boring shit game design tacked on to lazy boring shit game engines. No innovation because there are no limitations to have to surpass. The evolution of the Mario series sums up the entire games industry, especially at Nintendo.

Nah m8

I'll give you the Gamecube era, Sunshine had poor design but a decent engine. Wii forward though, forget it.

FINALLY, A CARTOONY 3D-LAND/WORLD STYLED MARIO GAME WITH ACTUAL SOUL AND LIVELY LOCATIONS
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SHIT SINCE SUPER ALL-STARS

Fuck me, fuck me hard.

Do you guys think he'll reach the "Land of the Lost Lives" with shadow mario's equalling the total lives you've lost throughout the game, then defeating skull bowser in some rad kid-friendly death battle?

3D Land/World is better than 64 tbh

Lets not get carried away here

we've seen one area total, I doubt it's going to be entirely Mexican themed

kindly kill yourself

The red should be removed from all but the last one. If you don’t understand why, you don’t deserve the meme.

What the fuck are you talking about? It had the deepest mechanics of any Mario game.

it shouldnt have been a mario game. anyway thats not the point i was making so settle down, you sunshine fags are all so touchy

It better open the fucking world up again like 64 and, to an extent, sunshine.

I want to go into a stage and fuck around.

No time limit, no restrictions on what stars i can or can't get.

Hell, I lost track of how many stars I'd make appear before i had to grab one to end the stage in bob-omb land.

-Pick big bob-omb at summit
-free Chain chomp
-get all red coins
-shoot to island
-fly through rings
-get 100 coins

You can't do that shit in galaxy and it fucking sucked. Keep the linear shit in the NSMB series, keep it OUT of the 3d platforming series that pioneered freedom of exploration.

Holy shit, they need to stop

Just by the virtue of it not having a garbo camera, it's better

Sunshine is GOAT though

pssh, it doesnt even have QPUs

nothing personnel kid

Why?

you know exactly why.

Mario games can never do anything different okay

You're the autistic one if you can't see the simple fact that the game would have been judged on its own merits if it wasnt a mario game

This is that Mario Runner game that was teased some time ago.
The camera angle is like that because it'll be impossible to run backwards, and discouraged to move sideways. Mario will probably be running forward when the control stick is neutral, too.
It might have branching paths like Starfox if we're lucky, but chances are it'll be completely linear.

In other words, Nintendo's best devteam has been working on a phonegame all this time.

no. that's mario run

Nah, there's no way.
If this turns out to be true I would fucking die.
I mean it, I'd die of a fucking stroke.

I'm dying of a stroke right now
How the fuck does some mistake the iOS Mario game for this?

How do I fix this? It only happens in Firefox with specific webms on this site.

Works fine for me. Update firefox

that does nothing to prove that linearity is an issue in a mario game

So what you're saying is that because something that costs $600 dollars can output a level of graphics, another thing that can output a similar level of graphics (albeit with better shading from what I can see) has to be 3 times cheaper because reasons?

use mpv/VLC

The special maneuvers like the triple jump and the long jump look like they retain the nerfs 3D World brought on them. That sucks because it makes it seem like Nintendo wants this game to be simple enough for casuals to beat with just basic jumps, unlike 64 and Sunshine and like 3D World. Still the fact that the town area looks like it could be a hub world, the camera is behind Mario's back, the ruins-type area looks like it has some kind of alternate path up high to the left, and there's a heart pickup present (which hints the health could be back to the way it was pre-3D World) gives me hope that we could have a Sunshine successor on our hands.

Still won't get hyped since Nintendo has been fucking up so much recently but when people start reselling the Switch for cheap then it'll be an incentive to pick one up if it's good.

Well, the joke relies on prior knowledge about lurk moar newfag

Congratulations, you might just be the stupidest poster I've seen today.

Most of the shit in Mario 64 can be beaten with simple jumps. Hell there is a reason why pannen can put up with that 0x A press autism.

Not even fucking shitcanos can get it right REEE

Explain.

tl;dr big ass country with bunch of different regions that don't mix, like many others
You won't see a fandango/ranch meeting or fan dance in the south, you won't see a Dia de los Muertos festival in the north, you won't see a child sacrifice ritual anywhere unless in the jungle… or if the jungle butchers go to a region to find kids and work as hitmen

Demographics shock between each other, and softly incorporate when migration happens or a city is "taken" (locals become minority)

Anyone notice that splatoon had new hair styles?

Why there is ice in the fucking dessert?

Because ice can fall in the desert
See Nevada, Arizona, Russian deserts… check any desert

lol

That's snow, not huge mountains of single-chunk ice crystals.

Oh sorry, didn't get what you meant
It's nintenmagic, no explanation
Or a really, really tall place in a plane area

In the words of my friend's mom upon seeing Mario 64 in the 90's:
"Who cares? It's just the same little Mario man jumping around."

Not only that, it seems the fountain is also frozen for a reason. Maybe we now will be facing some sort of fire/ice mechanics where we need to unfreeze the gaming world. Like in mario sunshine you needed to clean dirt or put out fires with water.

Maybe it's a sonic generations sort of thing.

Maybe they'll split the game into two parts like pokemon: one mario game with fire mechanics in an ice world and another with ice mechanics in a desert world..

I bet you also want sanic adventurd 3.

Probably fire flower/ice flower mechanics.

Super Mario Galaxy introduced the ice one.

I LIKE THAT EVERYTHING ISN'T FLOATING BLOCKS AND ISLANDS.

You don't even need the long jump until Tall Tall Mountain late into the game. SM64 just gave you the tools and let you go crazy.

We also have a popular four-panel structure.

Mario should have a low key loss reference as an entire stage.

It's clearly Sunshine 2, but it's set in a sunny desert, Fludd was omitted on purpose.

no water jetpack so still no good mario game since sunshine

PERFECTO!

**Galaxy 2

Ah look, a 64fag. They are too dumb to realize that 64 is more boring than Mario 2 USA and the levels are huge and dull.

Oh boy, another Mario game. Because we don't get 15 of those every generation…
What next? Mario Kart, Smash (with Mario), Zelda, 2D Mario, Mario Sport…

At least we know what games the Nintendo Switch U will also have.

of a game that has been nothing but a rehash with new paint

I bet you don't believe in half A presses either.

The movement looks closer to Galaxy I'd say.

Also, anyone else notice that the lighting looks like UE4?

If you're down, I will.

Okayy! You asked for this!

>One game per series a generation is too many
Being this retarded.

and it had the worst level design to date. We understand it was your first mario game, but it's time to let it go son.

I hope it's not yet another galaxy 2, 3d land, 3d world style game. We've had enough of those. I'd really like a return to a focus on movement to benefit the platforming along with large jungle gym style levels that act as more a playground to encourage clever movement and skillful play over segmented challenges

waa~

I wonder if a South American/Mexican setting may open up to different settings like ancient Egypt, Bermuda, Sarasaland basically

That said I have been in the mood for a good old fashioned N64 collectathon for a while so I'm fine with either style. Just as long as its not another 3D world.

I tried to play through Galaxy right after beating Sunshine and I couldn't play for more than two worlds. Mario's rigid controls and comparative lack of agency in moving around (taking away the ability to dive and killing your momentum whenever you spin really hurts the game) combined with how long and easy the linear, obstacle course-like levels just bored me.

I can vouch more for 3D World, since 2D Mario-styled mechanics work a lot better for linear obstacle courses.

3D world was a sluggish piece of shit and you know it.

had far better level design than sunshine at least

and super mario 64, 64 is by far the worst mario game.
It's what started a revolution, sure, but it has aged horrendously.

great wall of trump confirmed for mario lore

But Mario 64 wasn't programmed especially well. It was a launch title, they left a ton of performance on the table.
The real reason difference is that Mario 64 was many people's first introduction to a 3D game world, so they designed the game around nonlinear exploration; simply running around in 3D was enough to blow everyone's mind back then. The physics and controls were part of that, offering a wide variety of movement capabilities.

After 64 people got used to the idea of 3D, Nintendo and everyone else became less and less experimental with their game design, and Mario games became more "gamey." Sunshine's bonus stages (or whatever the ones floating in space) were the start of this. More linear levels, flat surfaces, and floating platforms. The physics and controls were changed to accommodate it, becoming simpler and more predictable.

Why's that?

Actully Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time introduced the ice flower.

The biggest flaw with this game is you have to buy a Nintendo console.

WAAA

games don't age you twit

Do you think Yoshi gets embarrassed when he poos out an egg in front of Mario haha

Alright. Then it looks and plays like shit then.

Do you get embarrassed when you sneeze in front of someone?

it looks like a game thats older than you but it plays better than most shit today

you don't have a point

I do have a point, it doesn't play better than Galaxy/3D World, at all. In fact, the game itself is rather mediocre in today's standards, I get that it was hot shit back in the day, because it DID revolutionize as I said before, but today, it just isn't that at ALL.
You just can't disregard someone's opinion because you hate it, you blind nostalgia fag.
You're no better than Sonic Adventure fags praising the second game for being "Absolute Genius"

Slam your head against the floor until you're unconscious.

I agree

Being the worst 3d Mario game is still better than most good 3d platformers.

That's subjective.

My dick in your anus is subjective.

or is it subjugation

You know what, I wouldn't mind! I'm down, let's do it!!!

Have to wait for a 10" adapter for my PC to become available.

Wh-What?~

That's a pretty big deal lately. I hope it's the truth.

How?

Shiggy is working in the mobile division now just like Sakamoto.

The devs are free.

So, is it a tablet?

I mean, does it have an internet connection? Can it browse the web.

The one fucking thing I saw exactly zero of the people in this video doing was browsing the web or having any connectivity at all to tawtter, NORPbook etc.

I think this could be a deal-breaker. Why carry around another portable screen? It plays games, OK, but so does the phone and that's more portable.

Yeah, gamers will take the Switch around with them. But if Nintendo want a killer product, they need to get people to literally move 100% over to the Switch. If it has the option of taking a SIM card and offers a functional web-browser, I think this thing would literally be the next Wii.

Without them… I don't see it taking off.
Bottom line.
Little Johnny is leaving for school in the morning. He can take:
- His phone
- His tablet
- His Switch
- His 3DS

Kids fucking expect a small screen to be touchable and internet capable. I don't see them smiling on something that can't get on the web. I see a connectionless Switch being left to gather dust 9 days out of 10. They could have prevented this.

It's not a smartphone replacement it's a console you can take with you on the go. Phone games are not Breath of the Wild dammit

You are the reason for the collapse of the industry.

No he isn't, you fucking idiot. The norm!es are, he's trying to help.

It's a good fucking suggestion.

You missed my point. Tablets and smartphones are a problem for the industry because they offer an alternative, cheap, shallow, but convenient choice to casuals and (more importantly) to kids.

The industries bigest dilemma right now is that kids are choosing tablet-time over console time.

What is a tablet/smartphone. It's a shitty restricted device with internet and social media, and half a web-browser. It's "good enough" because it fits in your pocket and distracts you for a while.

The Switch does not fit in people's pockets. So that's a harder sell. It does play games, but we've already seen that people, esp kids, are choosing the quick convienience of smartphone over handhelds.

But if the Switch is ALSO a browser, even if only wi-fi powered, that changes the dynamic. Suddenly the Switch becomes the primary portable device. At that point, it becomes a killer product.

I'm excited for the Switch. It's pretty clear from the get-go that it is not going to be perfect, but it's going to do some things that I've wanted since the fucking 90's.

In a way, it kind of reminds me of the JXD 7300B. I had one, and those things are awesome as hell…until they inevitably fail to boot that is.

Did you see a single kid in that ad?

what the fuck are you doing

Every Nintendo system since the DSi has had wireless; of course its going to have web browsing. It's really not hard nowadays to include.

Flawless Point, totally a silver bullet bro.

Do you not think this won't interest kids?
Nintendo still wants to get the widest target audience possible, you don't have to push videogames shit all the time, since kids don't necessarily use phones and tablets for games only. You could have a person subtly tweeting "Wow!! the Switch is great!" or something to that extent in a cafe, then people would go "Oh! It has internet, much like a P H O N E", but it's also a full fledged gaming console/tablet hybrid.

Learn how demographics work, while adults and late teens are the bigger audience, that doesn't mean they won't want an all-in-one system as well.

True, I mean, it's barely the first fucking day, we don't even know about the games, let along the functionality, I personally think they fucked up by not including other small (but significant) features from the get go in the FIRST EVER PREVIEW. You have to make a fucking majestic first impression if you really wanna reel people in, from all sides.

I know we are looking way too much into this, but this IS Holla Forums after all.

You realize that every nintendo console since the Wii has had an internet browser right?

Hell even the ds had a browser.

Chances are this is going to have one too making this really autistic argument over whether or not nintendo should include an internet browser totally pointless as the switch is going to have an internet browser built into the console.

That's what I said in the following post, what my main point was (and I DID get it mixed up at first, my bad) was that they should have shown features that would have lured the common man (or common woman) into showing instant interest in this device. Don't get me wrong, this presentation was great, but it wasn't outstanding, they needed to show the internet browse or twitter, YouTube, etc, in order for the more mainstream ignorants to know that this is just like a phone, yet, it isn't!

When you (not you, but the common folk) think of twitter, facebook or YouTube, etc, etc, the first thought isn't going to be "Oh boy! I'll do it on my 3DS!", No, it's "I have to check my ____". So my main point wasn't the inclusion (because no shit they'll add it), but simply showing some quick features in a 5-10 second segment that's condescend but easy to understand for the others.

I'll do you one better.

Hopefully something fresh and comparable to Sunshine. Decent Mario & Zelda might be enough on its own to get me to buy the system at launch.

Those skyboxes make me think it's not another Galaxy, but maybe that's why they chose those levels.

Glad to see Miyamoto finally show of his homeland in a game

Shit, forgot to add.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS LEAVE A HUGE MARK ON WHAT YOU WANT OTHERS TO SEE YOUR PRODUCT AS

These people will only see the Wii U as a tablet, and disregard it, while continue to use their phone, unless they are already a diehard Nintendo fan, that is knowledgeable about their products. Then Nintendo is simply "preaching to the choir" so to speak.

When you reveal a product for the first time, you have to show features (yes, even the super simple ones), that will make the people bite the bait and reel them right in. Of course they won't go "Ooooh! Interneeeeett", but they'll process that in the back of their mind then remember that those features are there when they buy it on launch day.

Holy fuck dude. subtle. I love it.

I didn't see anything resembling Russia in there, user.

Nintendo had a real missed opportunity here

>The Homebrew is already in effect

They have reasons not to add one.

Do you not see how it resembles Aborigine Australia

Cobsidering that this was just a reveal trailer and nintendo isn't going to reveal any more details until next year (retarded I know). Then I don't see the point of getting worked up since we won't know any concrete details apart from the core gimmick for a while. All I know one is going to take their console to a god damn basketball court at 9:00 at night, hipster roof top parties sure. But a god damn basketball court come on, I even like the gimmick of having multiple controllers packed into a single handheld.

The money that they'll make from a modular tablet that ALSO plays AAA games will make them more money than piracy will cause plus Nintendo is always quick with patching security holes in their systems, much to my chagrin. You'd have to be idiotic if you think they aren't going for the home media system but on the go shtick with the nx.

Not even nintendo is that stupid.

I'm genuinely excited for it, but at the same time

Good joke!

Will they REALLY lose more money due to piracy, rather than let's say…having snazzy internet capabilities to attract the most gullible (might I add heavy money spending) people? Make the Switch Browser a full fledged Chromium sort of thing, add advanced options and doodads, fuck, even add a mini desktop/TABLET setting. Basically give them the whole Nvidiatendo experience, but in a new light.

Just look at the iPhone, it just shows that even with abysmal, shitty hardware, you can REALLY sell a product if you do the software just right, and make it look pretty.

God, why don't I just become a fucking NoA marketer/NoJ Designer instead of burning time on Holla Forums. I know the Demographic slightly better than they do. Jesus fuck.

and I analyze them for free

I am more worried than worked up, brother. As I said before, Nintendo wants big success, they have to be a player, they can no longer make the game. They need to make this as versatile (looking at the very least) as possible, to garner attention. I also said, the trailer wasn't that bad, but if they REALLY wanted to hit it out of the park, they should have shown things practically EVERYBODY uses.

Holy shit, I'm fucking choking.

I think that mario64 was really rough around the edges, and had nintendo decided to overcome their fear of money, and make a mario64 2 it would have been either one of the greatest, or worst 3d platformers ever made

I forgot to say, the Switch uses wildly different hardware than past Nintendo consoles, so hacking it might be as difficult (or even more so) than hacking the Xbox 360, hardmod being a REQUIREMENT.

It will be possible of course, it just won't be as easy, or as accessible.

Yeah now my 3ds is stuck on 11.1 meaning no custom firmware for me.

haha good joke indeed ;_;

My point is that this isn't the big normalfag marketing push this is just to get people actually interested in games off of their ass to to create hype. The big push where we see all of the fancy apps that neither you nor I will use is going to come next year probably in january.

Honestly I'm more worried about their launch lineup and regionlock more than anything. I really don't want to have to put up with those shitty tree house localizations for another five years.

Tegra is built on ARM architecture, which the DS and 3DS systems also use. It's not that different but it will have a shit-ton of proprietary nvidia shit in there.

It's a cousin to the Android shit which is the easiest shit other than the PSP to hack

Can't be slow when the measures are open. Gotta' get it when the getting's good.

Interesting!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. That sounds bad.

I'll have to do more research on it, I know very little about Nvidia shit.

Then what's the fucking. point.
Seriously, what the hell is Nintendo relying on then, if not software, are they going go full on "HEY GUYS! IT'S LIKE A DS BUT NOT REALLY. WE ARE INNOVATE AGAIN YEEAAAAAYYYY" while waving their dicks in the air?
I don't understand why ANYONE would be stupid enough to do that.

Nintendo has said countless times that they relied more on software than hardware itself, it would make more sense for them to show the games for a little longer, or applications as I said before, to give the illusion at the least, that is not only a gaming console hybrid, but a streaming device/tablet for on the go shitposting.

It seems like the kind of thing that will only give discussion for about a week then fade if nothing else but games are shown, I'm mainly talking about first impressions here, I'm confident (or at least somewhat sure) that they'll start rolling out Tech Demos and related things in the future, but imo, they didn't present the hybrid how it needed to be.

sorry to hear that :(

I remember the times when it was hard af to hack the psp

To clarify my post, I mean games shown on the first preview, not future previews.

I doubt Nintendo would be retarded enough to use APK's, or else you can literally call the Switch, "Dreamcast 2.0"

I doubt nintendo would use Android or any other l8nux unless they want piracy on day1

They're probably relying on the fact that they more or less have a monopoly on the handheld market since the vita is deader than dead. I mean the WiiU might have flopped but the 3ds did very well. That and they probably don't have a lot of software ready to show off.

Hey even if this fails we'll get a nice emulation box/tablet out of it. Either way I get my splatoon on the go and monhun on my bigass tv so I'll probably be happy with it. But Nintendo hasn't started marketing this thing yet, so we can't jump the gun and say that they're doing an awful job yet. That comes later.

Oh and this console is more or less gimmick proof so we won't have some asanine shoehorned control scheme now.

I don't know why they didn't give little hints to the coming of the preview then one HUGE collected push to the confirmation of the system and such, instead, it felt that they gave one nudge with the tweet and a light shove with the preview. It felt nice, but didn't seem to shake the beast that is the mobile demographic.

I can see that.

That's a damn shame, one or two simple non-gaming apps would have done the job, It seems I just want Nintendo to go all out and be a sort of virtual cocaine titan so to speak. A sort of multi-use pocket knife god. A type of system that tells you "I have everything you need, you have me now, you don't need that phone"…
…Unless that person gets a call or something.

That's what I'm excited about! I've heard it sucks ass at emulating bigger systems, but we'll see!~

Not in TV mode we won't, thankfully. I just hope the rumors of the Dock not beefing it up some more are false.

God damn it, I love how you know they're gonna fuck up, but we aren't quite ready to dance in the ashes yet.

It's Nintendo and they've probably been in complete chaos since Iwata died, I'm surprised they're still going for the March 2017 launch considering how they must be just recovering at this point, the Switch feels like a pretty safe bet all things considering.

They're probably going to go for that in the future but again I doubt the number of normalfags checking out a simple reveal trailer for something that isn't going to come out for 5 months. Yeah Nintendo has been following the Apple way of marketing but this is a company that has been perpetually 10 years behind everyone else they're probably just catching up now.

Oh if the Dock doesn't actually beef up the console then this thing is DoA in terms of third party support anyway.

You know it would be great if Nintendo didn't fuck up, but they've been pretty consistent at fucking up for the past 5 years or so. Seriously this thing had better be region free and better have a console mode that can render shit at 1080p 60fps, if they can do that then I'll be legitmately impressed.

One thing I'm surprised at is people wanting Nintendo to go into the rat race of power specs for home consoles. Like at this point consoles are just locked down PCs that play games worse than an actual PC, entering that shitshow is asking for disaster, doing the tablet hybrid thing was probably the smartest move they've made since the Wii and DS era.

I think the guys that leaked the Tegra chipset details said it wasn't running Android, but another custom NintendOS with contributions from NVIDIA
My only hope is that they kick the Wii IOS legacy to the curb and make something more modern and capable of multitasking. Waiting for 30~ seconds to switch from a game to Miiverse on the Wii U was retarded. System-level voice chat will never take off unless you can use it while you're in the game, though I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo yet again cucks out on that because muh childrens

Daddy gave you good advice.

On the contrary, they are apparently amped up like fucking shonen characters to do justice to his legacy.

In the span of Iwata's death we've got

I appreciate hot blooded effort but they're really going to have to go into overdrive for the next five years to make me trust them again.

I'm talking about the core NoJ employees.

Please no hold-B-to-run.
That's all I ask.

In Fire Emblem's case at least, I'm glad

They fired the pedobitch

Color Splash is at least as good as Super

That's the problem though m8, if they don't reign in the cancer that is NoA it's going to spread to the whole company.

Why m8? Because it cut down on sales or because it exposed how shit NoA really was?

They took out the waifu petting in Fates

They actually kept My Castle in, now the characters just go through their animations at incredibly high speed that looks stupidly awkward.

What?

A HALF A PRESS IS A PRESS-

Does moving the run ability to the analog stick really improve the controls?

Yes. I shouldn't have to hold a button to achieve something I nearly always want to be doing. Analog sticks are analog for a reason.

The speed gain as you run was more irritating though. I shouldn't have to run in circles for three seconds just so I can make a max speed jump.

That's an oxymoron

That's just unfair and you know it is

Would you rather a story driven platformer with a cast of furries and weaker level design instead?

I'd rather something new instead of a million re-birthed horse

yeah Mario 64 is the same as Sunshine is the same as Galaxy is the same as 3D World right

You mean Klonoa, I'd love Klonoa.

I should slap you just for trying to derail.

Why? Explain.

Mario having a new rival to face? Good one.

Forgetting Wart, a guy who's more refined.

I just came here to say Super Mario Sunshine sucks.
And no, Miyamoto, it's not because it was TOO HARD,
it's because it's annoying, boring, tedious, monotonous, and NO FUN

I think the real problem is that you have shit taste.

user is being stupidly hyperbolic but I think the gist of what he's saying is that it has become increasing clear that Nintendo relies so heavily on the Mario (Zelda, and Pokemon) nowadays as the rest of their franchises fall to the wayside.

Splatoon and the revival of Fire emblem is the only franchises I can think of outside of the those 3 that still has some major footing. Pikmin doesn't sell what from what I hear but is still pushed because it's Miyamoto. Maybe I'm wrong but lately Mario and his spin-offs seem to have more overbearing presence then prior.

Sunshine is heavily flawed, and I mean heavily flawed, but in the end it's still my favorite 3D Mario despite all my problems with it. Give me a Sunshine with little reliance on Coin hunts & No FLUDD/Hover and Mario will be Great again.

Every mario game is shit since 64 with the exception of new super mario for the ds.

I'm about as excited for this as i am for the new Star Wars.

There is no such thing as half a button press, user.

But user, those two are easily the worst mario games.

Mario Teaches Typing is the best Mario game but you faggots never even mention it

I agree, that game may be the reason Nintendo is so famous today!

TJ '''Henry'' Yoshi pls

I think there is a "heavy" A press, but half is just autistic as fuck. A "half" A press wouldn't be a press at all.

lurk more faggot

It's gonna be shit

What's up with the shaking in Mexico town anyways?

farts?
jumping beans?

Camera shake

Thank God, Mario moved like wet ass in 64

are you implying wet ass isn't the most fluid thing in the universe?

i wish i had a reference picture

It's like you never played a mario besides 64 and sunshine you fucking imbecile.